shape
carat
color
clarity

What’s the most daring outing that you have had recently?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't had any daring outings since mid-March (other than work) except to visit my doctor last week for a lump I found in my armpit. Luckily it responded to antibiotics, so likely a cyst. But I lost 6 lbs that week thinking I was having a fourth recurrence of breast cancer during Covid. :(sad

I had no idea you are a survivor of that too amongst other things!

May you always have super solid robust health from here onwards!!!!!!! Huggles!!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't had any daring outings since mid-March (other than work) except to visit my doctor last week for a lump I found in my armpit. Luckily it responded to antibiotics, so likely a cyst. But I lost 6 lbs that week thinking I was having a fourth recurrence of breast cancer during Covid. :(sad

So glad you are A OK Sandy. (((Hugs))).

I took the subway, Amtrak and then uber to my dad's memorial in philly last Saturday. Lots of people on the train; I believe everyone had masks but not everyone was wearing them. The memorial had about 20 people, we all wore masks but unfortunately some people had to grab me. The refreshments afterwards was held outside and had a lot more people and barely anyone wore masks so I left after an hour.
Coming back to NYC, I was very surprised to see that Herald Square was packed. People were shopping, no masks on the crowded streets but they put them on in stores.
Crossing fingers I don't get sick. I have a few doctor appointments later in the week and I have to use the subways again :(2

Sending you good thoughts and well wishes. I am so sorry for your tragic losses. Fingers crossed you remain well. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This made me sad Missy, and I am truly sorry.

It's OK Kate. I am keeping things in perspective. These lovely ladies will be A OK. They don't need this to survive but it will be a loss to everyone who has enjoyed their shoppe and visiting them there. I am hoping somehow they will keep it open and come back from this but if they cannot they will be OK. The main thing is we just get past Covid and survive it and everything else will sort itself out. Somehow. One day at a time. And I am doing my best to spend money there lol believe me.

meeting up with my son and his wife (whom I love) and my sweetie grand girl at a coffee shop where we sat at least 6 feet apart and we were just so happy, best we can do.. I felt that my granddaughter is growing up without me :(

Aww honey, hang in there. Auti is not going to grow up without her grandma. This is but a (small) blip on the radar of life and we will get through it and you will be there for her when it matters. (((Hugs))).

Me too @Bayek I want to cry..

(((Hugs))) Joanne. Thank goodness Chris is doing well and on his way to a full recovery. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha @nala It’s past the time of worry..I got home and the result was already in my portal. There was no one there other than the tech and receptionist. The radiologist was probably thrilled to have something to do! I know a few friends that decided against getting their mammos. I’m having an echocardiogram in two weeks. That’s another test that puts you really close to a tech. I figure that it isn’t going to get better for a while and could possibly get worse. It’s better to get the tests out of the way.. I thought the mammo tech would laugh at me wearing two masks and goggles..She wasn‘t fazed at all! :lol:

I am glad you got this done and are getting the echo done in a couple of weeks. It is important to do these tests. Putting some things off can have deadly consequences and you are wise to do what is necessary and take the proper precautions and you will be OK. Greg just had a broken filling fixed and the dentist was working on his mouth for 2 hours as she had some difficulty but hopefully all will be fine. She was wearing her mask and gloves as was her assistant and they have the proper protocol in place. We cannot put everything on hold til after the pandemic so what we have to do we have to do and we take the necessary steps to ensure safety. Hang in there Joanne. One day at a time. Good luck on you upcoming tests and hope all your results are good. XO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the laugh out loud. :lol: I’m pretty sure those two don’t go together, and I go tomorrow... :(

Good luck @Slick1. I am sending buckets of good luck dust your way. Hope today goes smoothly and all is well. XO.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure if this is what you had in mind but it's lychee chiffon with lychee cream and chopped lychees

IMG_20200715_000802.jpg

yum
im still to get brave enough to head into town to the Asian grocer for the tin of lychees to make my cheese cake - countdown (woolies) is still out
the Asian grocery is quite a small shop and packed with stock with narrow isles

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We do too and in fact it's a long story that I won't bore you with here but one of my (affectionate) nicknames for my DH (and one of his for me lol) is Lychee nut and nutty Leech. Don't ask. :lol:

Not too keen on Lychee as I much prefer Dragon Eye fruit as in Longan instead.

Whenever I go and visit my mum and bro, if the fruit is in season, I would get some.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
opps
i didn't see you had already had afternoon tea with mellowyellogirl girl

next time i want an invite

Me three. And y’all invited here for (a Long Island Tea if you like) tea too. And ice cream. And home baked goods. After the pandemic. :)

1DEE0881-2801-402C-9F36-1BE9F52F9305.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not too keen on Lychee as I much prefer Dragon Eye fruit as in Longan instead.

Whenever I go and visit my mum and bro, if the fruit is in season, I would get some.

DK :))

I love most fruit and veggies too. If I could live on fruit and vegetables (and ice cream) I’d be a happy camper.

:)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love most fruit and veggies too. If I could live on fruit and vegetables (and ice cream) I’d be a happy camper.

:)

tomatoes, watermelon - im missing summer
i love tomatoes
this week i brought 3 tomatoes because they were $12.95 a kilo
it wouldn't matter if i was on $100 p/ hour id still complain about the price of tomatoes
yesterday i found another 'last one' of our cheery tomato i hadn't pulled out yet
i ate it straight off the vine

sorry what thread is this again ? :mrgreen2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tomatoes, watermelon - im missing summer
i love tomatoes
this week i brought 3 tomatoes because they were $12.95 a kilo
it wouldn't matter if i was on $100 p/ hour id still complain about the price of tomatoes
yesterday i found another 'last one' of our cheery tomato i hadn't pulled out yet
i ate it straight off the vine

sorry what thread is this again ? :mrgreen2:

:lol:

Food is Love is happiness is joy is comfort. Goes well with any thread imo.

EB8F73DA-3A10-43DE-91C7-998FC14716B2.jpeg

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Glad you’re ok. That would be terrifying in any circumstances but must have been doubly so at the moment.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going to the doctor today, and braved Trader Joe’s on Monday. That was a little frightening, but I felt the store was very safe and streamlined. Mask wearing was mandatory and no one was agitated or throwing a fit about it. I went early in the morning which seemed to be a good time to go, capacity was 30 people at a time.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I had no idea you are a survivor of that too amongst other things!

May you always have super solid robust health from here onwards!!!!!!! Huggles!!!

Glad you’re ok. That would be terrifying in any circumstances but must have been doubly so at the moment.

Thank you @mellowyellowgirl, @missy aand @lissyflo. Sunday before last I was blowdrying my hair and I noticed a weird shadow under my arm. Turned out to be a lump the size of a grape. What scared me the most is that it didn't hurt at all or have any sensitivity. That's generally NOT a good sign. I got in to the doctor the next day and he gave me antibiotics to see if it responded, and it did, thankfully. Having been in remission for 12 years, I tried really hard not to freak out but I must admit that I felt a very strong low-grade anxiety for the duration. I go back tomorrow for follow-up but I'm certain it's nothing dangerous, as serious masses don't respond to antibiotics.

Sorry for the threadjack! No daring outings for me but the doctor! :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results