shape
carat
color
clarity

What’s the most daring outing that you have had recently?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And how did you feel afterwards? For how long?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
MacDonalds for breakfast
i felt gross afterwards
but that was more to do with the food rather than worry from covid 19

We have been out of lockdown for at least a month probably 2

But other than that ive only been to the grocery store or to the big supermarket in town to pick up clock and collect but we have gone back to getting deliveries

i must say it was kinda nice to browse my neigjbourhod store, just to remind myself what they actually stock

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had my wisdom teeth removed. Haven't gone out except that. I wasn't comfortable going in (dental work sending mouth particles out in the air seems bad right now), but it was necessary. They managed things well enough for the exam I felt okay about it. The removal was a bit less precautions which surprised me plus was nearly 3 hours total. The post op was not comforting at all as the room next to me was in use doing things that put a lot out in the air.

Will be happier when I am past this stage and can stay home again.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had my wisdom teeth removed. Haven't gone out except that. I wasn't comfortable going in (dental work sending mouth particles out in the air seems bad right now), but it was necessary. They managed things well enough for the exam I felt okay about it. The removal was a bit less precautions which surprised me plus was nearly 3 hours total. The post op was not comforting at all as the room next to me was in use doing things that put a lot out in the air.

Will be happier when I am past this stage and can stay home again.

Hope your mouth feels better soon
That's brutal

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
We went to our niece’s graduation party at my SIL’s backyard about 1 month ago. Even though it was outdoors, and mostly extended family, I felt scared because there were a lot congratulatory hugs and group pictures taken without masks....my immediate family stayed for about 2 hours, and we all seemed to be fine, but I wouldn’t do it again anytime soon.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope your mouth feels better soon
That's brutal

Thank you! This one has been awful. I resorted to posting on my local FB page looking for a dentist who is in on Sundays. The pain meds are barely touching the pain. Turns out the dental assistant forgot to tell me to WET the tea bag before biting on it to stop the bleeding so I ended up with dry socket for nearly 5 days and didn't realize as the pain hadn't increased so didn't know there was an issue. (Well, other than the bad pain which I put off the large wound needing stitches.)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had a surprise BD party for my wife's big 60th in May. There were about 20 family members attended w/o wearing a mask...:silenced: All 20 of us are still alive and healthy.

Feels great at least we had a little surprise party for her.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Went to a kids play date last week. Four families.

Hosting another play date this Wednesday.

I'm very comfortable with what I choose to do so I never freak out afterwards.

Frankly I'm more stressed about executing a lychee cake and cooking pasta for 12 people.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had a surprise BD party for my wife's big 60th in May. There were about 20 family members attended w/o wearing a mask...:silenced: All 20 of us are still alive and healthy.

Feels great at least we had a little surprise party for her.

I bet you're immune by now!

With all the articles and stories out there you should be dead ten times over already!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Frankly I'm more stressed about executing a lychee cake and cooking pasta for 12 people.
Sounds :lickout: please save me a piece!.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bet you're immune by now!

With all the articles and stories out there you should be dead ten times over already!
IDK Idunno1.gif . As I said many times on PS ...nothing had changed for me in the past 4 months except for no more dining out for now.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! This one has been awful. I resorted to posting on my local FB page looking for a dentist who is in on Sundays. The pain meds are barely touching the pain. Turns out the dental assistant forgot to tell me to WET the tea bag before biting on it to stop the bleeding so I ended up with dry socket for nearly 5 days and didn't realize as the pain hadn't increased so didn't know there was an issue. (Well, other than the bad pain which I put off the large wound needing stitches.)

Good gracouse :-o
Id be drinking away the pain - through a straw

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

I hope we are getting photos on the other thread
i love lychees

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good gracouse :-o
Id be drinking away the pain - through a straw

Not allowed straws. Can cause dry socket. Not allowed alcohol due to pain meds. (lousy flavor in mouth and pain from still open wound makes it not very tempting anyway)

Just hoping I don't end up with more COVID from all of these dentist visits! That really would just be the icing on the cake!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Went to a restaurant for a sit down meal yesterday.
I went there as I had been there a few times before, and knew their tables were more than 2m apart even before lockdown, therefore social distancing would not be an issue.
And I was right, and thoroughly enjoyed myself (I went on my own).
All the helpful and cheerful staff wore masks and gloves, very much business as usual for them.

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not allowed straws. Can cause dry socket. Not allowed alcohol due to pain meds. (lousy flavor in mouth and pain from still open wound makes it not very tempting anyway)

Just hoping I don't end up with more COVID from all of these dentist visits! That really would just be the icing on the cake!

:(2 :(2:(2
I hope you heal up soon and that covid 19 came nowhere near you
then you can treat yourself to some indulgence

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two weeks ago I got my haircut for the first time in 5 months, and it feels great!

Had a colonoscopy 2 months ago. Why does my Dr. want to stick it up my ass during a pandemic? nuts.gif

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our most daring outing to date was attending my MIL's funeral and wake.

My DH and I spent four hours with friends and family this past Monday saying goodbye to my mother in law. Two and a half hours in the funeral home and one plus hour in the church and about a half hour at the cemetery. So yeah that was our most risky outing since the Covid 19 pandemic started. And we are not out of the woods yet since we are only 5 days (today is day 6) past that day.

How do I feel? Sad she is gone. It was a shock because she was in relatively good health til her cancer diagnosis but even that had a 3-5 year solid prognosis with treatment. The treatment put her into multi organ system failure and that is what ultimately ended her life.

How do I feel about the funeral and services that day? Concerned. We didn't want to hold it during Covid 19 but my DH's brothers wanted to and they were the ones who planned the entire day. Worried we put our family and friends at risk. Many people showed, friends included. Despite us telling them to please stay home. They wanted to pay their respects and view us as family. I am hoping no one gets infected with Covid 19 as a result of that day.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our most daring outing to date was attending my MIL's funeral and wake.

My DH and I spent four hours with friends and family this past Monday saying goodbye to my mother in law. Two and a half hours in the funeral home and one plus hour in the church and about a half hour at the cemetery. So yeah that was our most risky outing since the Covid 19 pandemic started. And we are not out of the woods yet since we are only 5 days (today is day 6) past that day.

How do I feel? Sad she is gone. It was a shock because she was in relatively good health til her cancer diagnosis but even that had a 3-5 year solid prognosis with treatment. The treatment put her into multi organ system failure and that is what ultimately ended her life.

How do I feel about the funeral and services that day? Concerned. We didn't want to hold it during Covid 19 but my DH's brothers wanted to and they were the ones who planned the entire day. Worried we put our family and friends at risk. Many people showed, friends included. Despite us telling them to please stay home. They wanted to pay their respects and view us as family. I am hoping no one gets infected with Covid 19 as a result of that day.

Counting down (i mean up) the days till you are all in the clear Missy

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
I got my hair cut a week ago.

The salon had really good procedures in place - mandatory masks, hand sanitizer at the door, they took everyone's temperature and screened for symptoms, etc - so I felt good about it afterwards.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Went to a 4th of July picnic/birthday party for our six year son at our cousin's house who has a pool. There were 16 of us in attendance that day, no masks.

I felt fine about it after, it was good for the kids to interact with other little kids, they haven't done that since March.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did the 65-foot high zip line at our zoo. Its the climb up that really gets you! I felt exhilarated afterward. That feeling lasted about 3 days.

Edit...this was in late 2019 before covid really hit so it was not an issue.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to go to the ER after a severe sinus infection antibiotics weren’t touching. That was very scary. The nurses were awesome and reassuring and wore lots of protective gear but I was seriously distressed. I had a panic attack when I saw the Covid tents outside the hospital.

I’m not risking a haircut, a meal out, party, or anything else. The numbers are horrific and so many are just carrying on like they’re not.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We did go boating but there was only 2 of us + the dog but you still have to deal with boat rental place etc.... (which for half a day wasn't the worst, we got pretty soaked (poor doggie!!). We did an island stop for lunch which had people but not too many. it was easy enough to social distance there. Getting gas for the boat...not so as easy.

I made it through Target though I was scared the entire time..... BTW please don't buy masks from target, they have them out in the open on a rack with a freaking mirror for try on....kinda negates some purpose there...

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to a crowded estate sale yesterday.
Everyone wore a mask.
But it wasn't a big deal for me because I work retail and I have been going into grocery and big box stores for this entire time. I've definitely gotten over the anxiety of being around other people.

In fact, I have been getting emails from my supervisor all along about employees at different retail locations having tested positive.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
We went to Niagara Falls for the day and hiked the whirlpool trail. We stopped at a brewery on the way home to use the washroom.

Funny that breweries seem to be the best with sanitation. Probably has something to do with how susceptible the brewing process is to contamination. The smaller places where the owner/brewer also works front of house are spotless here. At this particular place the owner was walking around with a bottle of sanitizing spray and constantly cleaning surfaces after guests touched them. They also had a mask policy and every table had a tray for their empty glasses/plates. The servers were pretty strict about never touching the plates, clean or dirty.

I felt fine after, but I did change and sanitize when I got home.

We’re currently on our way to Hamilton to walk the waterfront and have some burgers. They have closed down a street and it’s all outdoor dining space. You have to reserve in advance and leave your details for contact tracing. You also have to wear a mask when you leave you table (is restroom break). DHs company also has an office there and he is one of 3 people with keys. They are still working from home so we think the space itself will be safe. Our plan is to use the office washroom and kitchen to clean up and fill water bottles.

ETA: Canada has fewer than 300 new cases per day so that has some bearing of my level of acceptable risk. If we were in a harder hit area we would not be venturing out.

See not daring

C9B0B19E-1127-426C-BA64-ACD902F16192.jpeg

Last edited:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I am usually very daring but have not been lately at all. IMHO there is a fine like between daring and negligent. I do not want to walk that line. I am high risk true, I am also really happy staying home, working, doing home remodel, etc. It works for me! Having tons of fun and staying as safe as I can. Here we should be fine but how can one really know that? Not that if I go out once I will get it but better to take less chances I think. I do get my nails done and occassionally meet customers, people from the trade, etc. Most come to my home.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My current feeling is that no trip out is that risky in the UK, so none are really what would be called daring.

The Office for National Statistics has the infection rate at 1 in 3900 people right now (1:1800 - 1:10000ish at 95% confidence interval) so the chances of bumping into anyone that has it are minimal.

Not only that, but I read somewhere that one has a 1.3% chance of catching it if one spends 15 minutes 2m / 6' away from someone that has it, and it's only 2.6% if that distance is dropped to 1m / 3'.

1/3900 * 0.026 =

0.00026 * 0.026 =

0.0000066 % chance of catching it if you spend 15 minutes with someone at 1m / 3' distance.

If you then multiply that figure by the tiny fraction of that 15 minutes a few seconds speaking to someone in a shop would represent, you'd be more likely to win the lottery than catch C19!

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
My big adventure have been the dentist - everyone wearing masks, temperature check, & I was the only one in the waiting room. They seem to have their appts. scheduled to do that. The grocery store - again, everyone wearing masks. And a weed dispensary.....everyone wearing masks and only one person in the room buying weed (which is standard for this store) and one person allowed in the waiting room. This place actually seems safer than the grocery or dentist, just because of the number of people you are around & the fact that you don't take your mask off.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results