shape
carat
color
clarity

WF ring arrived but the prongs aren't what I expected...

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
wow! what a change! congrats! now enjoy it.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it looks beautiful! :kiss2: Perfect prongs IMO and I’m drooling over those gorgeous macaroons!

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Offering good customer service is one thing. Offering free international shipping back and forth is another. Lastly, making the re-entry and custom clearance flawless is remarkable.

All this during covid.

My next must buy list is a WF diamond, have been drooling over their photos for the longest time ! The diamond workmanship is awesome =)2

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on a beautiful ring!!

I’m so glad it worked out. The new prongs are indeed a beautiful improvement, and just dainty enough.

This is tangential, but I wonder if you could share with me your fedex experience. I too will soon be expecting a Whiteflash shipment to Canada and would like to know what to expect about how/if fedex will contact me themselves, how the customs and taxes are calculated and paid, the pickup process, etc

Thanks so much! And again, congratulations on your most gorgeous ring!

cakeeatingcat

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on a beautiful ring!!

I’m so glad it worked out. The new prongs are indeed a beautiful improvement, and just dainty enough.

This is tangential, but I wonder if you could share with me your fedex experience. I too will soon be expecting a Whiteflash shipment to Canada and would like to know what to expect about how/if fedex will contact me themselves, how the customs and taxes are calculated and paid, the pickup process, etc

Thanks so much! And again, congratulations on your most gorgeous ring!

No problem! Here's something I started up typing that I was going to post later.

Shipping from US to Canada: WF sent me an email telling me my package was shipped and that I would receive my studio photos of the ring afterwards. I received an email from Fedex shortly after the package was shipped stating: “Exception Reason: Detailed broker information is required. Recommended Action: Shipper or Importer must provide designated broker information.” I called Fedex and they emailed me the “POA 1x - Simplified Agency Agreement - English” form which I filled out and sent back to the Fedex rep.

Within a few hours, I received an email from a Fedex rep with a PDF of our “ROD receipt” stating that we needed to pay the import charges. The import charges were: GST + PST + ROD fee of $10. No duties! My partner called the number in the email and paid by credit card, and I received an email with a payment confirmation number from Fedex, which I then emailed to the Fedex rep (as per their instruction). <48 hours later, we received an email stating: “Clearance issues resolved. Shipment released for delivery.” We drove to the Fedex Shipping Centre to pick it up that same day. Total time from WF shipping it from the states to being ready for pick up in Canada = 5 days

Shipping from Canada to the US:
Whiteflash offered to have me ship the ring back to them (postage paid) to adjust and sent me directions. I was asked to fill out a Fedex form titled “Foreign Shipper’s Declaration of US Goods Returned”. After I sent that to Vera, I was then sent several forms shortly after:
  1. Commercial invoice (third party insurance for the ring, I think?)
  2. Importer’s declaration of US Goods returned - completed by WF
  3. Foreign shipper’s declaration of US goods returned - completed by me earlier
  4. Fedex express return shipping label (2 pages)
  5. Return packing slip.
As per Vera’s directions, I included three copies (collated) of documents #1-4 and put it into the shipping pouch on the box. I put document #5 inside with the ring. The AGS certification was not necessary as I was not changing the stone. When I checked the tracking info, Fedex’s tracking site stated: “Description provided is insufficient to classify commodity. Recommended action: Shipper or Importer must provide a more detailed description of goods”. Twelve hours later, the site was updated and the notice disappeared. Vera said that it happens from time to time. A day or two later, the package arrived at WF. Total time = 5 days

Shipping the revised ring from US back to Canada:
Five business days after, I received the revision photos. After approving the revised images, they shipped the ring on the next business day (Monday) via Fedex. On Tuesday, it arrived in my city but there was a message on the tracking page stating, "Detailed broker information is required." I thought I had to call Fedex again to go through the POA process but fortunately the message disappeared shortly in the same day (I'm not sure if WF managed it or FedEx resolved it). The status was changed to "Held, cleared regulatory agency(s) after aircraft/truck departed" which also resolved after six hours. After that, my package was ready for pick up so I picked it up on Wednesday of the same week! Total time = 3 days

----------------------------------------------------

Hope that is helpful. I included the Fedex statuses in case you (or other future viewers of this thread) are as anxious as I am LOL. The whole process of sending it back to get the prongs revised was significantly less complicated than I expected! This has been the most expensive international purchase we've made, and my partner was VERY impressed with the customer service from WF. He was so impressed that he even reminded me to send WF a thank you email and to post an update on "that forum". :lol:

mtran89

Shiny_Rock
No problem! Here's something I started up typing that I was going to post later.

Shipping from US to Canada: WF sent me an email telling me my package was shipped and that I would receive my studio photos of the ring afterwards. I received an email from Fedex shortly after the package was shipped stating: “Exception Reason: Detailed broker information is required. Recommended Action: Shipper or Importer must provide designated broker information.” I called Fedex and they emailed me the “POA 1x - Simplified Agency Agreement - English” form which I filled out and sent back to the Fedex rep.

Within a few hours, I received an email from a Fedex rep with a PDF of our “ROD receipt” stating that we needed to pay the import charges. The import charges were: GST + PST + ROD fee of $10. No duties! My partner called the number in the email and paid by credit card, and I received an email with a payment confirmation number from Fedex, which I then emailed to the Fedex rep (as per their instruction). <48 hours later, we received an email stating: “Clearance issues resolved. Shipment released for delivery.” We drove to the Fedex Shipping Centre to pick it up that same day. Total time from WF shipping it from the states to being ready for pick up in Canada = 5 days

Shipping from Canada to the US: Whiteflash offered to have me ship the ring back to them (postage paid) to adjust and sent me directions. I was asked to fill out a Fedex form titled “Foreign Shipper’s Declaration of US Goods Returned”. After I sent that to Vera, I was then sent several forms shortly after:
  5. Return packing slip.
As per Vera’s directions, I included three copies (collated) of documents #1-4 and put it into the shipping pouch on the box. I put document #5 inside with the ring. The AGS certification was not necessary as I was not changing the stone. When I checked the tracking info, Fedex’s tracking site stated: “Description provided is insufficient to classify commodity. Recommended action: Shipper or Importer must provide a more detailed description of goods”. Twelve hours later, the site was updated and the notice disappeared. Vera said that it happens from time to time. A day or two later, the package arrived at WF. Total time = 5 days

Five business days after, I received the revision photos. After approving the revised images, they shipped the ring on the next business day (Monday) via Fedex. On Tuesday, it arrived in my city but there was a message on the tracking page stating, "Detailed broker information is required." I thought I had to call Fedex again to go through the POA process but fortunately the message disappeared shortly in the same day (I'm not sure if WF managed it or FedEx resolved it). The status was changed to "Held, cleared regulatory agency(s) after aircraft/truck departed" which also resolved after six hours. After that, my package was ready for pick up so I picked it up on Wednesday of the same week! Total time = 3 days

Hope that is helpful. I included the Fedex statuses in case you (or other future viewers of this thread) are as anxious as I am LOL. The whole process of sending it back to get the prongs revised was significantly less complicated than I expected! This has been the most expensive international purchase we've made, and my partner was VERY impressed with the customer service from WF. He was so impressed that he even reminded me to send WF a thank you email and to post an update on "that forum". :lol:

Wow!!! This was so helpful!
I am also currently waiting the revised photos for my ring and should have it by tomorrow.

What method of shipping was used? Was it FedEx Priority? I was hoping to get my ring before the 23rd(Wed) but doesn’t seem like that will happen since it took 5 days for you to get your package the first time around.

cakeeatingcat

Rough_Rock
Wow!!! This was so helpful!
I am also currently waiting the revised photos for my ring and should have it by tomorrow.

What method of shipping was used? Was it FedEx Priority? I was hoping to get my ring before the 23rd(Wed) but doesn’t seem like that will happen since it took 5 days for you to get your package the first time around.

It was FedEx International Priority. I would say that I was pretty on top of contacting FedEx and calling/submitting the forms as soon as I saw status changes in the tracking. However, I think it could potentially have arrived one day quicker though, if my partner called FedEx to pay the taxes sooner.

Very exciting that your ring revisions are almost done too! Can't wait to see it!

ice empress

Shiny_Rock

Shipping from Canada to the US: Whiteflash offered to have me ship the ring back to them (postage paid) to adjust and sent me directions. I was asked to fill out a Fedex form titled “Foreign Shipper’s Declaration of US Goods Returned”. After I sent that to Vera, I was then sent several forms shortly after:
  5. Return packing slip.

Thanks so very much for this most detailed account!! I really appreciate you taking the time to recall the events and type them up.

It truly is so helpful for people like me (a little A-type) just knowing what to expect. Thanks!!

My package is due to be shipped out on December 22... was really hoping they could be in my hands by Christmas, but knowing now that it will likely take 5+ days (I expect some delays due to the holidays... expecting them to be closed for a day) is most helpful.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks perfect now! You made exactly the right decision to have them fixed! This is how they should do all prongs! Congrats on your almost engagement...hope he hurries up with the formalities so you can wear the ring!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
We picked up the ring today and I LOVE IT!

The prongs weren't the first thing I noticed this time when I opened the box (which was what I was hoping for). They look a bit longer but thinner than in the revision photo that WF sent. Now I can stare at it without thinking about the prongs! As an added bonus I didn't even have to do anything with customs or Fedex this time when it came across the border in to Canada!

I'll do a SMTB post after the proposal, but for now, here's a comparison shot as well as a fun, festive picture of my ring with my Christmas macarons:

prongchange.jpg
Yes I am wearing the same pants, but I swear I did do laundry in the time between these two comparison shots...

reindeerring.png
As bright as Rudolf's nose is, it is no match for the brilliance in my WF ACA! :lol:

Off on a tangent
but those Christmas biscuits look delicious
How was your Christmas with your new and improved ring ?

ice empress

Shiny_Rock

5. Return packing slip.

For any other Canadians out there interested in the international shipping process... my Whiteflash package was shipped from Whiteflash’s door to my local FedEx depot (in Ontario, Canada) and ready for pickup in exactly 38 hours!!! 38 hours! I couldn’t believe it!!

As soon as my tracking page indicated that there was a “Clearance delay - Import; Detailed broker information is required” I gave FedEx a call. The first agent I spoke to thought everything was on track and nothing needed to be done on my end, despite my insistence that I needed to clear customs and pay my taxes due to the knowledge I gained from the very detailed and helpful post by @cakeeatingcat, so I called back an hour later to talk to another agent.

This second agent had me send an email stating that “I, full name, do authorize Fedex to clear the shipment on my behalf and will be responsible for any applicable duties and taxes”. I did not have to fill out any forms.

A few hours later, I was emailed an invoice for the taxes due that I paid for over the phone. I was instructed to email my payment confirmation back to the agent, who then cleared the package to go through customs then onto my local FedEx depot for pickup.

I would not hesitate to purchase in this way again as it wasn’t nearly as daunting or difficult as I imagined it would or could be. The process was seamless, efficient, and well worth it.

:clap:

Last edited:

Lovemoresparkle

Rough_Rock
For any other Canadians out there interested in the international shipping process... my Whiteflash package was shipped from Whiteflash’s door to my local FedEx depot (in Ontario, Canada) and ready for pickup in exactly 38 hours!!! 38 hours! I couldn’t believe it!!

As soon as my tracking page indicated that there was a “Clearance delay - Import; Detailed broker information is required” I gave FedEx a call. The first agent I spoke to thought everything was on track and nothing needed to be done on my end, despite my insistence that I needed to clear customs and pay my taxes due to the knowledge I gained from the very detailed and helpful post by @cakeeatingcat, so I called back an hour later to talk to another agent.

This second agent had me send an email stating that “I, full name, do authorize Fedex to clear the shipment on my behalf and will be responsible for any applicable duties and taxes”. I did not have to fill out any forms.

A few hours later, I was emailed an invoice for the taxes due that I paid for over the phone. I was instructed to email my payment confirmation back to the agent, who then cleared the package to go through customs then onto my local FedEx depot for pickup.

I would not hesitate to purchase in this way again as it wasn’t nearly as daunting or difficult as I imagined it would or could be. The process was seamless, efficient, and well worth it.

:clap:

Hi ice empress! I too am from Canada and I am waiting on my new e-ring from WF to be finalized. Do you mind me asking how much taxes/duties you paid?

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Hi ice empress! I too am from Canada and I am waiting on my new e-ring from WF to be finalized. Do you mind me asking how much taxes/duties you paid?

For Ontario, it was 13% in HST taxes plus $10 in ROD fees. No duties.

cakeeatingcat

Rough_Rock
Off on a tangent
but those Christmas biscuits look delicious
How was your Christmas with your new and improved ring ?

My Christmas was great. The now-fiance proposed on Christmas day and I have been enjoying my ring since :) Thank you for asking!!

I just posted a thread in SMTB for anyone interested: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-world-of-modest-super-ideal-diamonds.263297/

Thanks to everyone in Rocky Talky for the help! I'll be back... (when I get my ACA upgraded hehehe) :lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My Christmas was great. The now-fiance proposed on Christmas day and I have been enjoying my ring since :) Thank you for asking!!

I just posted a thread in SMTB for anyone interested: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-world-of-modest-super-ideal-diamonds.263297/

Thanks to everyone in Rocky Talky for the help! I'll be back... (when I get my ACA upgraded hehehe) :lol:

That's wonderful news
Congratulations !
its really great to hear good news anytime, but especially in these present times

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results