shape
carat
color
clarity

We've Bought an Historical Old Vicarage!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry @Ally T. What a horrible day for you and your family. How heartbreaking for all of you.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry about your darling kitty, Ally. My heart goes out to you and your girls. I hope you're healing well from your stitches and hope for a positive report from your biopsy. Hugs to you.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry to hear about your poor kitty @Ally T, how awful for you all.

The photos are truly stunning, what an amazing transformation , love the bright pops of colour.

WhoaNelly

Shiny_Rock
I’m so sorry about your kitty. It’s hard enough losing one when they are old/sick but to have one go in such a manner and well before its time is shattering. I hope you and the family are doing as well as possible.

I keep coming back to this thread because I am utterly in awe of the before and after pics. The scope and scale of the changes while maintaining the character to create a space that is for you and your family—amazing!

Thank you thank you for sharing.

empliau

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful work. Can I say that I just love how the moulding pops in the new colour scheme?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is truly amazing and on such a large scale! Thanks so much for the pictures; it is stunning!!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Firstly, my condolences about the kitty.
What a heartbreaking thing for your whole family to endure.

The house..... OMG.......!!!
Stunning! What would the old vicars say if they could see it now!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Firstly, my condolences about the kitty.
What a heartbreaking thing for your whole family to endure.

The house..... OMG.......!!!
Stunning! What would the old vicars say if they could see it now!

Thank you, beautiful lady. I wish you were here to waft around in a kaftan & give me sage advice & hugs. And gin.

And thank you re the house! Actually the Vicar was up here last week! He lived here for 22 years before he retired & went back to South Wales where he is from. Apparently nobody really liked him, but the Church gardener, who I have poached to maintain my boundary hedges (whom I lured in with higher wages & copious amounts of cake for his efforts) said when he was over at the Church last Saturday catching up with parishioners that he looked across the lane & shouted “What the f*** has she done to my garden?!” And the Church warden replied “No offence, but she’s done a damn sight more than you & we already adore her…..” Apparently he wasn’t happy :D

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m lost for words. I’m not often lost for words. But h*ly sh*t what a transformation.

Just… Wow. Like. Wow. So when is your local magazine going to cover your reno!? It’s cover ready!!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:lol:Hahahaha, that Vicar is a right bastard. Sounds like a worthy adversary. I'll ambush from the hedges!:lol:
It's astounding, the things you've done.
You have to tell me who makes your sectionals. They're exactly what I'm looking for!
Well, you better have a whole wardrobe fitted with the caftans, because we're all coming someday.
Yes, this is good dress occasion, for sure. I have to fit my surroundings, you know.
I hope the girls are coping as well as they can. Keep squeezing.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Oh no about your kitty…I’m so sorry. That has to be so traumatic for you and your girls.

The house is stunning…what a transformation!

Star gazer

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear about your sweet cat. That is so devastating. I hope you will find only peace and joy in your new BEAUTIFUL home, from here on out <3

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol:Hahahaha, that Vicar is a right bastard. Sounds like a worthy adversary. I'll ambush from the hedges!:lol:
It's astounding, the things you've done.
You have to tell me who makes your sectionals. They're exactly what I'm looking for!
Well, you better have a whole wardrobe fitted with the caftans, because we're all coming someday.
Yes, this is good dress occasion, for sure. I have to fit my surroundings, you know.
Dramatic-Fainting-Gif.gif
I hope the girls are coping as well as they can. Keep squeezing.

Forgive me, but what’s a sectional? :lol-2: And then I can give you more details!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Forgive me, but what’s a sectional? :lol-2: And then I can give you more details!

Your couches with the chaises, usually they come in sections- so you can buy the arrangement you need!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your couches with the chaises, usually they come in sections- so you can buy the arrangement you need!

Ah, I see! Yes, both sofas & stools are in sections & they clip together underneath with these little ratchet style brackets. We did have to state if we wanted left or right handed chaises, so they could fit the brackets accordingly. The foot stools on the opposite side are loose & can be moved around accordingly.

They were actually hand made here in Cheshire by an amazing company, are feather filled & were each 4 months in manufacturing process. But we were able to be very specific with fabric choices & they nailed it.

So for the kitchen sofa, I literally took in one of my mugs & said please can you match my crockery?

Et voila! Pumpkin sofas! :lol-2:

Attachments

• IMG_1263.jpeg
    IMG_1263.jpeg
    199.7 KB · Views: 22

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @canuk-gal & @ItsMainelyYou

The healing is slow. Stitches were re-done last Monday after popping open, then removed today & looking a lot better. I still have steri strip stitches on for another wk in the hope it may pull the edges closer. Meanwhile I had another clotting infusion & mole removed from my bingo wing this afternoon & will await biopsy results. Hoping for a positive outcome as I am done right now…

I have had the most horrific day. One of our beautiful cats decided to climb a 60 feet high holly tree this morning & in a nutshell, she fell, shattering her spine, pelvis & both hips. I was with her within a minute of her fall & she was at the Vet within 15 minutes, however she passed away as soon as I got her there. We are all devastated. Completely. We buried her in the garden this evening & took comfort from the fact that she lead her best life. She was the best cat & only 8 years old. The girls are inconsolable & I have booked them off school tomorrow so that they can find some space.

And just for you @ItsMainelyYou I DO have a Chesterfield! Only one, in the Music Room & I’m waiting on the armchairs to sit opposite. I also need a coffee table in here, but for now it can wait…

I have literally had the day from Hell :cry2: But I hope you like my funky pheasant cushions! We get a lot of them in the garden.

IMG_1241.jpeg

OMG, Ally. I am sooo sorry.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Ally, I am so sorry for your loss. What a terrible day for you and the children.

Your photographs are inspiring. You put so much thought and care into the design. It looks so bright and comfortable. I shall forever be in love with your stair runner.

Last edited:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I love them!
Argh, the shipping would be brutal on this as well. I had enquired to a lovely UK company recently who makes Chesterfields, but the shipping. I cannot!
I will probably just have one made in one of our furniture capitals, High Point NC.
I actually found a totally customizable Chester that is now in serious contention yesterday! Soho-Chesterfield-Leather-Sofa-96-x-42-Mont-Blanc-Winter-Pine-2.jpg It would look perfect in my little library:bigsmile:
Question, how do you like the unattached pillow backs?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @Ally T my heart goes out to you and your family, I'm so sorry about your beautiful kitty.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them!
Argh, the shipping would be brutal on this as well. I had enquired to a lovely UK company recently who makes Chesterfields, but the shipping. I cannot!
I will probably just have one made in one of our furniture capitals, High Point NC.
I actually found a totally customizable Chester that is now in serious contention yesterday! Soho-Chesterfield-Leather-Sofa-96-x-42-Mont-Blanc-Winter-Pine-2.jpg It would look perfect in my little library:bigsmile:
Question, how do you like the unattached pillow backs?

That is beautiful! The colour is amazing & will only look better with age! My bestie’s parents have a really old original brown leather suite in their drawing room, complete with 2 huge wingback armchairs & foot stools, & they are so beautiful. Definitely worth the investment & if you can get it made closer to home, I say go for it!

As for my 2 suites, I love that the seat pads are movable. They are pretty heavy & solid so stay put, but can be pulled away & plumped. They look a lot lower down than they actually are, as when I first saw one I thought urgh, where’s the back support?! But they are lovely & very huge. I have a pic of Mr T sitting in the lounge which I will add, to show you size perspective.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have finally got around to taking a couple more Before & After pictures.

This was the original Serving Pantry, complete with China cabinet that I hoped to house in the linen room, but it fell apart when they took it from the wall. This is now the downstairs loo & the serving hatch to the left of the door has been blocked up. Because nobody likes to be watched in the loo…. :lol:

14799.jpeg

IMG_1344.jpeg
This huge chimney in the kitchen was unable to removed due to structural reasons. It housed a cast iron oven until it was blocked up at some point in the 50’s & a range oven was installed. It’s now an illuminated shelving area.

16270.jpeg

IMG_1352.jpeg
The boot room, which had been partitioned off & had a random lonely sink plumbed in to one side, is now a boot room again. Presumably the sink was for Parishioners to wash their hands, but they weren’t allowed to go to the loo……
15949.jpeg

IMG_1351.jpeg

And here is the fireplace in the Music Room. We were able to salvage the surround, though I did have it stripped & painted.
12178.jpeg

14797.jpeg

IMG_1348.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As always, just in awe of the work that has been done in your new home! These repurposed rooms are just delightful; kept some of the original outline yet brought them up to today's speed! Thanks so much for sharing with us as these pictures of just wonderful!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As always, just in awe of the work that has been done in your new home! These repurposed rooms are just delightful; kept some of the original outline yet brought them up to today's speed! Thanks so much for sharing with us as these pictures of just wonderful!!

You are very welcome! I feel that we, as a PS community, have all been involved in this house, the ideas, suggestions & progress, so it is now a home to us all! The least I can do is share the finished product :kiss2:

The works are still going on in the gardens & the driveway, but we are away from tomorrow for 3 weeks for Mr T’s Big 5-0. I expect they will almost be complete but the time we return & I can do some update pictures of out there too.

Today the Solicitor called to say that the Land Registry has FINALLY been updated, the house has her new name (The Old Vicarage) & that she was releasing the deeds to me. I have been to collect them & OH MY…! The hand written original papers from 1902 when the land was gifted from the local land owner, is something to behold! All the wax seals are on there & the writing is beautiful. I am not sure I can take pics of them without fully identifying where we are, but I will try my best when we get home.

They are going off to the Framers later in summer to be preserved & framed up for my hallway wall. I had a large picture light put in especially for these documents…..

Attachments

• IMG_1365.jpeg
    IMG_1365.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 43

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are very welcome! I feel that we, as a PS community, have all been involved in this house, the ideas, suggestions & progress, so it is now a home to us all! The least I can do is share the finished product :kiss2:

The works are still going on in the gardens & the driveway, but we are away from tomorrow for 3 weeks for Mr T’s Big 5-0. I expect they will almost be complete but the time we return & I can do some update pictures of out there too.

Today the Solicitor called to say that the Land Registry has FINALLY been updated, the house has her new name (The Old Vicarage) & that she was releasing the deeds to me. I have been to collect them & OH MY…! The hand written original papers from 1902 when the land was gifted from the local land owner, is something to behold! All the wax seals are on there & the writing is beautiful. I am not sure I can take pics of them without fully identifying where we are, but I will try my best when we get home.

They are going off to the Framers later in summer to be preserved & framed up for my hallway wall. I had a large picture light put in especially for these documents…..

That will be the perfect spot for those interesting documents that really tell the story of this vicarage! Enjoy Mr. T's big 5-0 celebration and trip!!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I have such wallpaper envy. Envy, I say!
I love that you'll have documents to display in a dedicated space- I would love to just see a sample of the beautiful writing and a close up of a wax seal. I wish we used traditional seals still, something about affixing a wax seal, the ceremony of it.
Tell Mr. T:
Happy birthday

Have yourselves a great trip.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
These before and after images are wonderful to behold! :kiss2: I feel like it’s such a treat to have a peek at the incredible transformation.

Love, love, love the space for the old documents, and agree with ItsMainelyYou, that even a close up of a wax seal would be great.

On a tangent, my brother and I had signet rings made with our family crest. For fun, once in a while I used to make a wax seal on envelopes to my folks/family. :lol: It was satisfying!

Hope you have a fab birthday celebration trip.:kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results