shape
carat
color
clarity

We've Bought an Historical Old Vicarage!

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
...I did mention your scar opening up again when your stitches were removed & he said unfortunately it was more common on foreheads than you may think, due to the skin being so tight.
Wow, that is really interesting to hear.
Sending you continued healing vibes!

Thank you too for sharing your house project. I have been silently following and I love everything you have done to your home. It looks so inviting and yet classy. Way to go!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry - I know a little how you feel. I was mauled by a dog, teeth and claws, in the face when i was 6. When I went back to school with a face full of stitches and scabs, one of my friends cried and ran away because I looked scary. It's nearly 60 years ago but I remember it so clearly. Anyway, after plastic surgery, I was left only with one scar - but rather a jagged one that is forever, as my lip was split in two pieces, and the scar tissue binds it together.

I was sad about it for a long time, especially as my sister used to call me Scarface when we fought. Sometime in high school I embraced it, and when anyone inquired about it rudely, at least to my mind, I told them I got it fencing. It's part of me and while I'd have quite liked to be less obtrusively scarred, it has become a feature, not a bug. We all get dinged up by life.

I'm not saying don't feel how you feel, only keep an open mind. Someday your scar may seem more like a friend from the long road of your life. My two cents, anyway.

I am so sorry to hear you went through this. And kids at school are just cruel. They say what they see - I work with them every day.

But you are amazing & i am so glad you have embraced those scars as a part of who you are all these years later. Because there ARE a part of who you are. They tell a story of survival & success & overcoming adverse situations. You are amazing.

empliau

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry to hear you went through this. And kids at school are just cruel. They say what they see - I work with them every day.

But you are amazing & i am so glad you have embraced those scars as a part of who you are all these years later. Because there ARE a part of who you are. They tell a story of survival & success & overcoming adverse situations. You are amazing.

You are so kind! I wish. I didn't have a choice, although when I say I got it fencing (I started saying it in the 70s when I was in love with The Three Musketeers and Four Musketeers movies) I got some strange reactions. Anyway, one guy asked, after rudely demanding to know what happened to my lip, if I had fallen on the fencepost. I guess he thought fencing meant I was putting up a fence?

Now we know so much more about keeping the sun away from scar tissue. I hope your forehead heals invisibly or with the faintest of lines!

Brigid

Shiny_Rock
You have done such a beautiful renovation @Ally T your cornices in the photos you have shown are perfect for the period.
I absolutely love your parquetry/herringbone flooring.
Such a beautiful home, kudos to you!
I hope you are recovering well from your procedure.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have done such a beautiful renovation @Ally T your cornices in the photos you have shown are perfect for the period.
I absolutely love your parquetry/herringbone flooring.
Such a beautiful home, kudos to you!
I hope you are recovering well from your procedure.

Thank you Brigid! For reference, all of the coving you can see around the ceilings is original, as we were able to keep it due to the amazing condition it was in. It’s called Edwardian Duck Egg & it’s really come to life now it’s been decorated.

Brigid

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the correction, it was awhile ago that I saw your post about the cornices and I wanted to post a reply at the time but didn’t have time and therefore my above post was from memory.
You have created an absolutely stunning home while keeping the integrity of the original build.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How are you healing??? Anything new with the your place? I'd love to see some furniture shots--if you are comfortable sharing. Did you have to buy a lot of new stuff to fill your enormous spaces?

cheers--Sharon

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
HI:

How are you healing??? Anything new with the your place? I'd love to see some furniture shots--if you are comfortable sharing. Did you have to buy a lot of new stuff to fill your enormous spaces?

cheers--Sharon
@Ally T
Yes, we're hoping things are healing, but also because I need to envision myself on the Chesterfield!:lol:
(there will be a Chesterfield, right? Right?!)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @canuk-gal & @ItsMainelyYou

The healing is slow. Stitches were re-done last Monday after popping open, then removed today & looking a lot better. I still have steri strip stitches on for another wk in the hope it may pull the edges closer. Meanwhile I had another clotting infusion & mole removed from my bingo wing this afternoon & will await biopsy results. Hoping for a positive outcome as I am done right now…

I have had the most horrific day. One of our beautiful cats decided to climb a 60 feet high holly tree this morning & in a nutshell, she fell, shattering her spine, pelvis & both hips. I was with her within a minute of her fall & she was at the Vet within 15 minutes, however she passed away as soon as I got her there. We are all devastated. Completely. We buried her in the garden this evening & took comfort from the fact that she lead her best life. She was the best cat & only 8 years old. The girls are inconsolable & I have booked them off school tomorrow so that they can find some space.

And just for you @ItsMainelyYou I DO have a Chesterfield! Only one, in the Music Room & I’m waiting on the armchairs to sit opposite. I also need a coffee table in here, but for now it can wait…

I have literally had the day from Hell :cry2: But I hope you like my funky pheasant cushions! We get a lot of them in the garden.

IMG_1241.jpeg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh god. Ally. I’m so sorry. 11/10 on any trauma scale. Of course you and the girls are totally devastated. I’m so sorry ;(

I have a lot to catch up on in this thread. I’m sorry to read about your health troubles! What a dreadful day today has been :(sad

empliau

Shiny_Rock
Oh Ally, I am so sorry. Your poor kitty, your poor daughters - and you, having to be strong for them although you are suffering too. Hugs from afar.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, so terribly sorry to hear about your cat. That is a dreadful thing to happen; hugs to you and the family. Truly heartbreaking!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh for goodness sakes! That's shattering!;( Your poor little puss and your family heartache. ALL the healing vibes across the kms......

kind regards--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ally T, I am so sorry. What a traumatic and terrible thing to have happen. Sending lots of comfort and support to you and your family.

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
OMG @Ally T, I am so very sorry to hear about your kitty! What a terrible accident!!:cry2: I can't believe how sad/traumatized you all must be. You did the right thing by letting your daughters stay home from school tomorrow, they need some time. Sending you and your family tender ((hugs)), take care.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry for the loss of your dear, sweet kitty, @Ally T. Sending hugs to you and your family.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Oh @Ally T honey, Jesus, that's awful. Absolutely heartbreaking for you and the girls. I'm stupid hand flapping over here because I want to sit you down on that couch and squeeze the hurt out of you and I can't. Know that I would if I could. Twice.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I read this earlier today, and had to step away from the keyboard. I am so sorry about your sweet cat, and for all the (understandable) emotional upset in your family. I hope equilibrium soon returns.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh goodness. Ally I’m so so sorry about your lovely kitty. That must have been just awful.
I hope tomorrow is a better day.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poor kitty, R.I.P.!

And I hope your wound will heal soon, and fingers crossed for the latest biopsy!

DK :)

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so deeply sorry Ally

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! Ally I’m so very sorry, just heartbreaking.

kah42

Shiny_Rock
I am so, so very sorry to hear about your sweet cat. That is traumatizing and heartbreaking :( You really did have a terrible day. I'm sending hugs to you and your family while hoping for good news on your health.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
I am really sorry abt the passing of your poor kitty, she would continue to be loved even over the Rainbow Bridge….

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking about you guys today Ally, I hope the girls are finding peace in their own ways. I used to think - way back when I was young and stupid - it might be easier to “lose” a furbaby and not see it coming. Nope. Not even a little bit. My stomach hurts just thinking about what you guys went through yesterday. ::HUGS:: :(sad

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
Thinking of you today @Ally T and of your family. What a terrible thing to happen and I hope you and your family have found some way of getting through the day and moving towards some peace

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I do hope your surgery recovery goes well. My mothers best friend has now had two done. One on the nose and one on the lip. She is in her 70s but also very self conscious about the scarring. From a third party perspective it’s honestly unlikely anyone will see the scarring the way you might in the mirror. To everyone else it will be almost unnoticeable. Sending you healing vibes. Keep looking at that gorgeous floor and it will make you smile!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I really must
Hi @canuk-gal & @ItsMainelyYou

The healing is slow. Stitches were re-done last Monday after popping open, then removed today & looking a lot better. I still have steri strip stitches on for another wk in the hope it may pull the edges closer. Meanwhile I had another clotting infusion & mole removed from my bingo wing this afternoon & will await biopsy results. Hoping for a positive outcome as I am done right now…

I have had the most horrific day. One of our beautiful cats decided to climb a 60 feet high holly tree this morning & in a nutshell, she fell, shattering her spine, pelvis & both hips. I was with her within a minute of her fall & she was at the Vet within 15 minutes, however she passed away as soon as I got her there. We are all devastated. Completely. We buried her in the garden this evening & took comfort from the fact that she lead her best life. She was the best cat & only 8 years old. The girls are inconsolable & I have booked them off school tomorrow so that they can find some space.

And just for you @ItsMainelyYou I DO have a Chesterfield! Only one, in the Music Room & I’m waiting on the armchairs to sit opposite. I also need a coffee table in here, but for now it can wait…

I have literally had the day from Hell :cry2: But I hope you like my funky pheasant cushions! We get a lot of them in the garden.

IMG_1241.jpeg

I really must read whole threads before I reply. So very, very sorry about your little cat. I adore my animals like they are my own babies. I’m sure you must be utterly broken-hearted. I hope you draw comfort from knowing kitty was so loved and happy with you for so many years before she passed. Thinking of you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results