shape
carat
color
clarity

We''re Married- The Saga [with non-pro pictures!]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 11:16:47 PM
Author: *Danielle*
Congrats! I am from CA and I will think of you when I vote (no of course)

36.gif

two thumbs up! me too!

stryeyes102

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I was totally tearing up reading your story. I am so happy everything turned out so well for you both! You both look absolutely gorgeous in your gowns and, It sounds like SF treated you both super special too
9.gif

p.s- you left just in time to miss the rainy weather! lol
3.gif

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I''m going out of town tomorrow and I am SOOOO glad I had a chance to read your story and see your photos! I am super stressed out over losing a massive amount of $$ in my retirement account (on paper anyway), and reading your beautiful, beautiful story and seeing your incredibly joyous faces was the perfect antidote. This was a fairly taile come true, and my heart just swells with happiness for you.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Horray! I was waiting to see your pictures!!! Congrats on getting married, I''m glad you guys had a good day (other than the political science lame-o guy and people being confused). Sorry Minnesota is so sucky, I''m super glad I moved to colorado from there :)

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2008 1:18:29 AM
Author: DMBFiredancer
Date: 10/30/2008 11:16:47 PM
Author: *Danielle*
Congrats! I am from CA and I will think of you when I vote (no of course)
36.gif
two thumbs up! me too!
Another ''no'' voter here!
35.gif
Hubby and I have been following the poll numbers for prop8 with bated breath...

Congratulations, wishful! You have a beautiful story, and the two of you make a beautiful couple. It feels good to be married, doesn''t it?
28.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to you both, you both looked positively radiant and beautiful on your wedding day :).

Wishing you both the most happiness and joy together

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, wishful! You two looked great! I''ve been following your story and I''m really glad you finally got your happy ending!
36.gif

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Big Congrats!! Thanks for the story and the photos!

I LOVE the shot of you on the bed... your dress is gorgeous and you look radiant! The bed looks nice too haha. I really love that both of you went with the full wedding dress/veil experience for an elopement, very lovely!

I just pinged my cousin and told him to get a move on if he hasn''t gotten his marriage certificate yet. I hope that ordering one say tomorrow will count as before nov 4th. He''s terrible at reading and responding to mail though i probably should call him.

I voted NO already and all my friends are voting NO. It seems like it won''t pass... it''s funny, everyone I know is more concerned about prop 8 than voting for president! heh. Well less so.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations again and I adore your photos!! Looking forward to seeing the pro ones too when they come! You make a great looking couple!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! It''s been so wonderful to hear your story, and I''m so sorry you had to deal with some adversary and misconceptions about your wedding. I think you and your wife are wonderful role models who don''t let being in the minority get you down or scare you off! You both look so beautiful and happy!!!!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY!! You''re married!!!!!!! I''m so glad you had such a wonderful experience (save for some of those clueless people!!). Love the pics of you and your wife! I can''t wait to see some pro-pics of the ceremony!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
You both look so beautiful and happy! Congratulations and I wish you both a life of happiness together! I can''t wait to see the pro pics!
36.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! You both looked beautiful!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Wishful, you and your DW look beautiful! I really wish there were words for how happy these pictures and your story make me.

As for the heteronormativity/heterosexism, you've gotta love how crazy people will be to find an explanation other than the obvious.
20.gif
I mean really, marrying the same guy? How hard is it to look at two beautiful women with wedding dresses and say, "Gee, are you two getting married? Congratulations!" Stuff like that drives me bananas.

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
I loved the pictures, and am waiting in anticipation now for the pro-pics. I''m also curious to see the pictures of the second non-known photographer (the one that said he''d send you some pics!)

Your story was great, I loved the journey you guys had.. I can almost see it as a movie or something.

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! You both looked absolutely gorgeous!

newbie124

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! That was such a moving story. I''m also very surprised by some of the reactions you got from people (someone really thought you guys were going to get married to the same man??
23.gif
)...I''m always amazed at how far some people have their heads stuck in the sand....

I''m glad you guys were able to get out to CA and make it official. Congrats again!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Congrats again! You two look sooooo happy! I love your dresses too!

newbie124

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and thanks for reporting on how it was traveling with your dresses!

I''ve been worrying about how to get mine out to CA as well. Did you have to steam them out once you got there or did they manage to hold up pretty well? Also, how did you pack your veils?

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Yah Wishful, congratulations again on your marriage! I loved reading your whole story. I''m sorry that youand DW had to deal with so many idiots throughout the day, but that random act of kindness was enough to put a smile on my face. I''m glad yours and DW''s experience in SF was wonderful. You ladies looked so pretty and happy. Thanks for sharing pix - I can''t wait to see more.

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
hooray and congrats! the photos are lovely!!
I''m very happy for you both - you two looked fab!!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Everything looks so pretty!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
MAZEL TOV! You both look deliriously happy, that is the way it should be!
Congratulations and welcome back to liberal and snarky MA. This weekend should be pretty, can you celebrate by going pumpkin picking (they should be discounted) or something super fun this weekend?

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Loved the recap and the pics!! So happy for the both of you!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! You both looked beautiful!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so happy for you guys and so, so hope you''ll be able to get the real marriage certificate! The pictures look awesome and I can''t wait to see the pro pics! I have to say, my favorite is you on the bed barefoot - very, very cute! And your dress is just beautiful!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! You two look so beautiful and soooo genuinely happy! How anyone could look at the smiles on your faces and think that your wedding is anything less than a true and joyful union that should be CELEBRATED is beyond me. I love the story of your travels and your experiences in SF.

PS-I''ve been away for a while...did you ever tell your grandmother?

Bia

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
36.gif
36.gif

lindsaylove

Shiny_Rock
Wishful, I don''t post very often and mostly lurk for my own wedding planning research, but I absolutley had to login to tell you how inspring and wonderful your story is. I work in San Francisco and live nearby and wish I could have helped you in some way with the last minute details but haven''t been online in a while. I am SO glad that everything went according to plan and that (minus the annoying people making things awkward) San Francisco welcomed you and your lovely wife with open arms. I love this city so much and I (along with everyone I know, friends, coworkers, neighbors) will be voting NO on prop 8 on Tuesday; I really hope the state of California doesn''t let us down! HUGE congratulations! You two are beautiful and you''re married!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
You were both so lovely in your dresses! I''m glad you decided to each wear a gown. You gals looks so pretty in the non-pro pics that I can''t wait to see the ''expert'' shots!

I''m glad it was such a good day sans major complications, and you were surrounded by people who cared. Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results