shape
carat
color
clarity

We''re Married- The Saga [with non-pro pictures!]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Carrots

Shiny_Rock
a poloraized lense would be awesome. if you don''t have one, shoot it through your sunglasses. in emergency situations, i use that as my camera filter.
2.gif

Carrots

Shiny_Rock
opps! post above was for the wrong thread.

VOTE NO ON 8!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wishful, you both look so beautiful and I am so glad you had a wonderful time in San Francisco. DH and I love going to the city. There are do many fun things to do there. That is where I was born.

DH and I will also be voting a BIG FAT NO ON PROP 8!!!!

Linda

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations wishful!!! I''m so happy for you and your DW, you two look so beautiful and happy! can''t wait to see more pictures!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/31/2008 1:16:54 AM
Author: DMBFiredancer
i pray that one day people will not have to invent stories to explain why 2 women would be traveling with dresses.

WORD. My FI''s sister married her girlfriend in NH (well, I guess they were civilly unioned, technically, but that kind of makes no sense) and the two brides confused a lot of people.

Wishful, Congratulations to you and your DW! I''m so happy for you.

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
I''m so happy for both of you - you look beautiful! I really liked reading your story - I hope the positive interactions in SF took away a little of the awkwardness on the flights. . . I cannot believe all of those comments at the bottom of your story where people were speculating about you.
29.gif

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
Wishful, I am so glad you had an opportunity to post you story and pictures. You both look beautiful and totally ecstatic.

Reading your story made me a cry and i loved looking through your pictures. I forget how closed minded people are and I am sorry that you had to encounter those type of people. I also loved that someone randomly gave you $20 as a wedding gift.

I know that you and your DW will be happy and I hope that you are able to get a certified copy of your licence.

Thomperchik

Shiny_Rock
Wishful - You two look amazing! The dresses - absolutely love them!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WISHFUL! Congrats, you both looks so beautiful, such glowing brides! Congratulations honey. I hope that all goes well and that you DO get your official marriage licenses. I know as a person living in CA, I will do my part to see that you do!

Thank you for the wonderful re-cap and the lovely pics.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS Wishful and Mrs Wishful!!! You both are so radiant in your beatuful gowns. Best wishes to you both, so happy for you two!!!
36.gif
36.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been following your story the last few months and I''m so happy that you''re finally married! You and your wife are adorable and I wish you tons of happiness
21.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to the beautiful brides!
36.gif

I remember looking at your beautiful engagement rings--and now your married! YAY!!

You both look so happy and lovely--thanks for sharing these pictures and your story!
1.gif

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
wow congrats you two! you both look beautiful in your wedding dresses! i wish you all the best in life, love and marriage!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2008 1:18:29 AM
Author: DMBFiredancer

Date: 10/30/2008 11:16:47 PM
Author: *Danielle*
Congrats! I am from CA and I will think of you when I vote (no of course)

36.gif

two thumbs up! me too!
Congrats, you are glowing in those pics. I am so glad you are so happy. I voted by mail, but hearing stories like yours make me feel good about the decision I made (voted no too).

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Yay for wishful! You and your DW look great together! What a joyous occasion for you both!
Congrats to you both! You are an inspiration!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
36.gif
This is so amazing. As a Canadian, it just seems so unbelievable that some states in the US still don''t allow gay marriages.
38.gif
Enlighten me, what''s the vote no on the 8th thing?

Anyway, you look so GORGEOUS! Both of you! So beautiful. Best wishes and a happy marriage to you!
30.gif

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! You two look SO happy, and YAY for eloping!
9.gif
36.gif
I can''t wait to see more pictures!

vintagecushion

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations Wishful(and Wishful''s wife)! I am so thrilled everything went well. I loved the non-pro photos and can''t wait to see more.
30.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! You were both BEAUTIFUL brides!!!! I absolutely love the hem of your dress, too, btw - so delicate and pretty.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2008 8:23:40 PM
Author: anchor31
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
36.gif
This is so amazing. As a Canadian, it just seems so unbelievable that some states in the US still don't allow gay marriages.
38.gif
Enlighten me, what's the vote no on the 8th thing?
MOST states do not allow it
38.gif

Proposition 8 (proposed law), if passed, would amend the state constitution to eliminate the (recently-awarded) right of same-sex couples to marry.
29.gif
Only heterosexual marriages would be allowed/recognized.
http://www.voterguide.sos.ca.gov/title-sum/prop8-title-sum.htm
Hubs and I will be at the polls helping to educate voters on what the details of Prop 8 are. A lot of people are confused--they think a "yes" vote means "YES for gay rights", when it means "YES I do not want gay couples to be allowed to marry."

Sorry for the mini-thread-jack, Wishful!! Congratulations, again!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, WIshful and Mrs. Wishful! You both look GORGEOUS and so happy! I''m glad everything went so smoothly and I can''t wait to see the pro photos!

P.S. Are you both keeping your own names/hyphenating/taking one of your last names/something else? Just curious! (Me and my fiance will be keeping our own names!)

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, everyone! Sorry it took me so long to respond... we''ve been so busy getting back into the swing of things here at school and work.

redfaerythinker - Thank you! We are really looking forward to seeing the rest of the pics. We were so excited by everyone''s kindness and generosity toward us. It was such a great experience!

wyndham - Thank you so much!

*Danielle* Thanks! And thanks for the no vote and the thoughts. I''m a MA resident so don''t get to cast a ballot for prop 8, and it makes me even more nervous knowing I can''t directly influence it. I''m glad to hear so many people planning to vote no!

Sarah - Thank you so much! I totally adore my dress. We definitely plan to wear our dresses in the future when we have a reception and ceremony with our friends and family. It did get annoying when people were confused, but it''s something we''re pretty used to at this point. Hopefully someday things won''t be like this! Thanks again!

neatfreak - You are too sweet! Thank you! You have been so helpful and supportive through all of this.

Miracles - Thank you!! You''re completely right- eloping is a lot less stressful. It was also so romantic!

Harleigh - Thank you! I know I have said this before, but I just love your wedding photos!
30.gif

katamari - Thanks! We do look awfully happy in the pictures, don''t we?
2.gif
We spent the whole day smiling insanely. It was so fun! Much social science geek solidarity!
3.gif

blondebunny - Thanks! We''re not going to have a ceremony and reception with friends and family this Spring like we originally planned. We are hoping to do a big vow renewal party in a few years... like 6 ... possibly when we finish grad school. That way we will have more time [and $$$!] to do things the way we want to.

Mia - So good to hear from you! We quite possibly did have the same makeup artist! Was his name Jason? He was very very sweet and funny, and he made us look great! Thank you so much for all of the compliments. We will have the pictures from the photographer probably in a few weeks. He said about 2, but he does have to send the CD by mail to MA, so it will take a bit longer because of that. I wish I could ask him for some photos immediately! I feel bad doing that, though, because he was talking about how he has so many weddings in the next few weeks. He also went pretty significantly over the time limit we paid him for, so I don''t want to push my luck!

kittybean - Thank you! We really loved the makeup and are SO glad we decided to do it. There''s something so fun about being all glammed out, especially since we''re usually not!

risingsun - Thanks!

AmberGretchen - Thank you! It was an incredible day, probably the best of both of our lives. We are anxiously awaiting the pro pics as well- we''ll be sure to post them!

blackpaw- Thank you so much!!

VRBeauty - Thank you! I was holding my breath the whole time at the airport hoping nothing would go wrong!
3.gif
I worried way too much because you''re right, it turned out just fine. We love calling each other "wifey" - it sounds a little less formal and is very much in line with the cutesy way we behave with one another usually.
12.gif

DMBFiredancer - Aww, Thank you! It is so sweet of you to be touched by our story. People can be very weird and it is always uncomfortable when they are outright rude, but we''ve learned to deal with it pretty well. Being in SF was so much fun because of the liberal atmosphere! Thanks for the "no" vote!

I will be back later tonight to respond to everyone else. I apologize it has taken me so long, but I want to make sure I reply to each person because you are all so sweet! I am off to work for now.

35.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to you both. You make a beautiful couple and you look so happy!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2008 8:30:49 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
Congratulations to you both. You make a beautiful couple and you look so happy!
I agree, beautiful and many congrats!!!
36.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you may have dodged a weather bullet with your timing. I was out of town when you were getting hitched, but I returned to rain in Sactown (Sacramento) on Wednesday evening, and it''s been raining on and off -- mostly on -- since then. I''m not sure when the rain in SF started but it was wet there last night and today. If you had scheduled your wedding one or two days later... logistics would have been much more complicated!

Let''s hope the dust that gave you a beautiful wedding day will also be hard at work next Tuesday!

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
stryeyes - Thank you! It is so sweet of you to tear up over us! SF was the best ever- it is such a fun place to be!

marchswallowbird - Your post is so touching. Thank you so much! I hope that your investment situation turns out alright, and that you have a good trip out of town. Can''t wait to hear from you!

Smurfysmiles - Thank you! It was overall the best day of our lives- S and I agree about that!

Musey - Thank you so much! It feels SO good to be married, and to know that there is pretty much no way anyone can take that away from us no matter what happens on Nov. 4th. We''re still following the poll numbers by the hour and it''s pretty stressful for us, even though we''ve already married.
19.gif
Thanks for the "no" vote- every little bit helps! Looking at your post downthread [thanks for the great explanation of prop 8!] it sounds like you and your husband are doing some wonderful work at the polls this year. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
36.gif

Deelight - Thank you!

AdiS - Thanks! It definitely feels like a fairytale come true, as corny as that sounds!
20.gif
3.gif

Violet - Hi there! Thanks! We were so happy all day and glad we decided to get all dressed up. City hall is so beautiful that we didn''t even feel overdressed! I can''t remember if I know: is your cousin a CA resident? If he is he should be able to make an appointment on Monday to get a license. SF City Hall is booked straight up until the election, but most other places in the state are not as busy. Getting a license and ceremony takes an hour max. You have to go in person, though, to get one. I do hope prop 8 doesn''t pass... the poll numbers are so close and with 22% of people already voting [a slim majority in favor of prop 8 passing
39.gif
] it scares me to let myself hope. I think in CA it''s pretty fair to be afraid for prop 8 over the presidency- Obama''s got a definite edge in your electoral college votes!

bee* - Thank you! We will post the pictures asap when we get them!

Sabine - Thank you so much for your sweet post. People can be pretty harsh sometimes. It''s nice to be reminded here that there are so many supportive and wonderful people out there. Thanks again!

kama_s - Thanks! It was overall such a great experience and sharing it with all of you has made it just that much more special!

Brandy - Thanks!

Robbie - Thanks so much!! I love your avatar slideshow- your pictures are so beautiful!
30.gif

PRINCESS! - Hi there! Thank you, sweetie! People are definitely a leeeettle bit nutty sometimes... as irritating as it is it is sometimes almost funny in this weird and grotesque way. We have to learn to laugh, otherwise we''d be driven just as nutty! Someday...

sparkly_stars - Thank you so much!! We will post the other photos asap. We actually GOT the pictures from the other photographer by email and they''re great! FI has them in her inbox and I will try to reformat them [they''re huge!] and post them here sometime tomorrow. Hehe, you''re fueling my vanity here- maybe we should have a movie made of our story!
31.gif

julesbeth - Thank you!!

Newbie - Thanks! Yes, someone actually asked us if we were getting married to the same guy. It was SO AWKWARD. We actually couldn''t tell by her facial expression if she was joking so we just stood there awkwardly for a loooong moment with blank looks on our faces...
14.gif
As for our dresses, they held up very well! DW''s dress is a satiny material and pretty easily wrinkled but it was just fine. They weren''t wrinkled at all even though they had been shoved every which way into overhead compartments and teensy little closets. Our veils got just a teensy bit crunched--we just hung them inside the garment bag on the hanger
20.gif
--but I''m pretty sure it wasn''t noticeable.

dragonfly - Thanks again!

pocahontas - Thanks for reading! Your comments are always so sweet. Thanks again!

jcarlyew - Thank you so much!!!

UCLABelle - Thank you!

swimmer - Thank you! We were definitely deliriously happy. Being back in snarky liberal MA is just great. I''ll miss it here when we move this summer! I wish we had a chance to celebrate with pumpkins but this weekend is just CRAZY with catch-up work from the days we missed out on. We did get to watch movies and veg out on Halloween treats last night, though!!

lliang_chi - Thank you so much! Is that your dog in your avatar picture? SO CUTE!!
30.gif

joflier - Thank you!

laurel - Thanks! We hope so too. Our request is in the mail as of Monday, so we''re just hoping there won''t be any problems with it. Thanks for all of the nice compliments!

Selkie - Thank you! Your support is so sweet. I actually did tell my grandmother about S, including that we''re getting married. She didn''t freak out, but definitely didn''t receive it well. I''m glad I told her, but I was initially very hurt when she told me she was "sure" we would divorce and I would find some nice man.
20.gif
32.gif
She is a product of her time, location, and upbringing, though... not much that can be done. She still loves me fiercely, and I love her so I think we just won''t be talking about it anymore.

Bia- Thank you! Your enthusiastic clapping brigade brought a smile to my face!

Orchid - Thank you for your sweet post and for coming out of lurkdom! I adore SF- you are so lucky to work there and live close by! We hope one day we can be so lucky! Thanks for the "no" vote and all of your support. We''ll be watching the election closely, for sure!

Holly - Thank you so much! You have been so sweet and helpful throughout this process. I can''t wait to share the rest of the photos with you!

Carrots -
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Linda - Thank you! So neat that you were born in SF! What a beautiful city! Thank you for all of your support and to you and your husband for your "no" votes. I''ll be thinking of all of you sweet souls on election night!

mimzy - Thank you!! I
30.gif
your engagement photo in your avatar- just darling!

pjean - Thank you! Congrats to your FI''s sister and her wife. I always thought being "civilly united" or "domestically partnered" was such an awkward way to talk about a relationship... I much prefer marriage and hope that one day everyone will have the opportunity to have a non-clumsy label for their union!
10.gif

buttercup - Thank you!! The positive experiences in SF MORE than made up for peoples'' awkwardness on the flights! You look DARLING in your photos from your own wedding- congratulations!

gtn - Thank you so much! It is sweet that our story moved you so much. People are really a mixed bag when it comes to accepting those unlike themselves. We live in a very liberal area and for the most part have good experiences [though not always], and it is easy even for us to forget the reality of our situation. We were fortunate not to be anyplace we had to worry about physical danger, though- that''s the worst feeling. Thanks again!

Thomperchik - Thank you!

Gypsy - Thank you so much!!!! Your support means a lot to us!

Kaleigh - Thanks! It was so funny to stand next to each other with so much fabric in between.
9.gif

elrohwen - Thank you!! We are finally married! It still feels so fun to say.
36.gif

coatimundi - Thanks!! We exchanged those very rings during our ceremony, actually! I think our photographer got some shots of them- I will definitely post those!

ilovethiswebsite - Thank you!

LtlFirecracker - Thank you for the compliments as well as the "no" vote!

PrincessDijon - Thanks! Your comment made me smile- you are so sweet!

Anchor - I''ve missed you around here! You wonderful Canadians... *sigh* someday I''ll surely have to move there! Not only do some states not allow gay marriages- all but THREE don''t allow them.
39.gif
It is only legal in MA, CA, and CT... NY will recognize them if they are performed elsewhere, and a handful of states, I think 4, will do civil unions or domestic partnerships that do not have equal rights but do have some basic protections for same sex couples. It''s a sad state of affairs indeed.
38.gif

Musey did a great job of explaining California''s proposition 8 measure in her 2nd post here. California legalized same sex marriages through a Supreme Court decision that ruled it was unconstitutional to deny them. Proposition 8 is a ballot initiative that is trying to amend the constitution to make same sex marriages illegal again. It will be voted on at the same time as the presidential election this Tuesday, Nov. 4th. Both sides of the debate have put a lot of money into their respective campaigns and it looks like the vote will be very close. We''re not sure what will happen, but are hoping for the best. If proposition 8 does pass and same sex marriages are made illegal again, we should still be recognized as married because we performed our marriage while they were still legal. Thank you so much for your sweet well-wishes, honey!

Babyblue Thank you! Eloping was so fun and romantic. I strongly recommend it for sure now!
12.gif

vintagecushion - Thank you! We will post the rest as soon as we get them!

Elmorton - Thanks so much! The hem of my dress is one of the reasons I fell in love with it!
30.gif

Thing2 - Thank you!!!! We are keeping our own names. It''s too complicated to change them and after so long we''re rather attached to the ones we were given originally. We jokingly refer to us as "Mrs and Mrs Ladycat" as an inside joke... I tease her about actually changing our names to that, but we decided it would be really awkward for everyone who wasn''t us...

Diamond*Dana - Thank you so much!!

Skippy - Thanks!

VRBeauty - We noticed that! We''re SO GLAD it wasn''t raining the day of the wedding. Traveling by public transit and walking in the rain would have been just miserable....
DW''s family lives in Sacramento as well, and they reported rain today. They went to a rally about Prop 8 in the rain in Sacramento and apparently it got totally out of hand. A Yes on 8 protester pushed DW''s mom and little brother [14] over into the mud and people were getting arrested for violent behavior.
38.gif
38.gif
I just wish the election was over already. I am sending dust in CA''s direction!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishful, I was eagerly anticipating your story, and I''m so glad you had such a wonderful wedding! Congratulations and best wishes to you and your wifey! You both look beautiful and radiant. Can''t wait to see the pro photos too!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishful, I''m late checking in here, but I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS to you and your DW! You both look beautiful, and so very happy! Congratulations again!
36.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 9:48:09 AM
Author: Irishgrrrl
Wishful, I'm late checking in here, but I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS to you and your DW! You both look beautiful, and so very happy! Congratulations again!
36.gif

What she said!

I don't check this area often enough. Wishful I looove your dress, you look like a princess. And your DW should um, ahem, give up those earrings, stat... or you can just tell me where to get a pair.
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishful,

I also wanted to offer my congrats to you and your DW! You both look gorgeous !
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results