shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, Now Brett Kavanaugh Can Face His Accuser

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you think that only occurs on the Republican side then you have been had.
Can you give me an example of when the liberal side has been highly brainwashed by its leaders or the media? I need to know this for a couple of reasons. First, I want to know if it has actually happened. Second, I want to know when conservatives think it has happened.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you give me an example of when the liberal side has been highly brainwashed by its leaders or the media? I need to know this for a couple of reasons. First, I want to know if it has actually happened. Second, I want to know when conservatives think it has happened.
Every Democrat politician or pundit on TV that comes out and says "I believe her" before any testimony has occurred or even having met her in person. Many of them are lawyers. Even Feinstein won't say that.

Last edited:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I come here so infrequently now, but feel I should post this. No need to address a reply to me, I won't be back while this thread is relevant.

I was a young man in eleventh grade at a High School in Fairfield County when I was molested by my married, male chemistry teacher. I told my guidance counselor, with whom I had a good relationship. A few days later she called me into her office. She said she had spoken with the teacher, who denied it. She then went on to tell me that I was a terrible person, that might have destroyed the life of this fine, and innocent teacher. I am now in my 50's. These traumas are still with me even after therapy, and decades of success in my career. I am sure I am not alone in having been victimized further by reporting the incident to a trusted person in authority. It is hardly a surprise that Dr. Ford would keep quiet about her experience, and be moved to say something only because her assailant is in a position to become one of nine of the most powerful judges in the country for the rest of his life.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid - I’m so sorry to hear about what happened to you, and especially that you weren’t believed. I imagine that fact - the not being believed - impacted your life greatly too.

:cry2:

I’m sorry to resort to a silly emotie, but words are failing me.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Things are really not OK, red. And they will not be OK unless people take democracy seriously. Benjamin Franklin said that we must fight to keep it. Your sons have served in the military to preserve it. Taking the Constitution seriously matters. The rule of law matters. The president skirting the rule of law and acting like a king, taking all power unto himself is not OK. That is why we have to vote in the Democrats and start following the rule of law again.

AGBF
Oh I take it very seriously. Just not enough to call whole gobs of people filthy names. Trump is not a King. And I say JUST SAY NO to voting in Democrats because there is not a one that would get my vote. This latest stunt in the Kavanaugh hearing by Dems may very well bring moderates to the side of the Repubs.

I hope this article is not how it is going because I would like to think we are better than this. Virulent rhetoric for one's side is a disgusting thought if it becomes the norm. No side is clean in this regard.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/09/brett-kavanaugh-battle-vindicated-donald-trump-voters/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NR Daily Saturday 2018-09-22&utm_term=NR5PM Actives

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I come here so infrequently now, but feel I should post this. No need to address a reply to me, I won't be back while this thread is relevant.

I was a young man in eleventh grade at a High School in Fairfield County when I was molested by my married, male chemistry teacher. I told my guidance counselor, with whom I had a good relationship. A few days later she called me into her office. She said she had spoken with the teacher, who denied it. She then went on to tell me that I was a terrible person, that might have destroyed the life of this fine, and innocent teacher. I am now in my 50's. These traumas are still with me even after therapy, and decades of success in my career. I am sure I am not alone in having been victimized further by reporting the incident to a trusted person in authority. It is hardly a surprise that Dr. Ford would keep quiet about her experience, and be moved to say something only because her assailant is in a position to become one of nine of the most powerful judges in the country for the rest of his life.

I am so sorry, VL. I went to high school in Fairfield County and also taught high school here (at an independent school) for a few years. I am older than you, but found myself wondering where you went to school. I have always considered you a kindred spirit in many ways. Whether or not you ever read this, I feel compelled to respond to what you wrote.

High school students are at at an age when they are very sexually desirable. Teachers really must keep their wits about them and remain vigilant about remaining appropriate with their students. I was only 29 when I started teaching. Like your chemistry teacher, I was married. Although I taught history, I had taken voice lessons. I helped do vocal coaching for kids singing in a musical that was being put on in the school. I remember that I put my hand on the diaphragm of the girls in helping to show them how to breathe, but kept my hands off the boys. Frankly, the 15 year-old boys were too tempting. I wouldn't have touched one with a ten foot pole. (Nor should I have.) It is OK for an adult to notice an attractive young adult or teenager. It is OK to have feelings. But it is not OK to act on feelings when one is a professional entrusted with the welfare of minor children. It is not OK to ogle them, to comment on their looks, to treat one you find attractive differently from one you do not find attractive, and most certainly not to touch one.

Adults who are entrusted with the care of children have a sacred responsibility to protect them. I am sorry that you were let down by two, not one, of the adults who were put in your life to protect you.

Hugs,
(((VL)))
Deb

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I take it very seriously. Just not enough to call whole gobs of people filthy names. Trump is not a King. And I say JUST SAY NO to voting in Democrats because there is not a one that would get my vote. This latest stunt in the Kavanaugh hearing by Dems may very well bring moderates to the side of the Repubs.

I hope this article is not how it is going because I would like to think we are better than this. Virulent rhetoric for one's side is a disgusting thought if it becomes the norm. No side is clean in this regard.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/09/brett-kavanaugh-battle-vindicated-donald-trump-voters/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NR Daily Saturday 2018-09-22&utm_term=NR5PM Actives

I don't think so. I think it's hurting the GOP.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This latest stunt in the Kavanaugh hearing by Dems may very well bring moderates to the side of the Repubs.
Ed Whelan's Twitter "stunt" (to put it charitably) was "the straw that broke the camel's back" for an office colleague of mine who's described himself in the past as proudly conservative. He said on Friday, "Think we should move on. It's not as if Brett Kavanaugh was the only person on that not-so-short list compiled by the Federalist Society."

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ed Whelan's Twitter "stunt" (to put it charitably) was "the straw that broke the camel's back" for an office colleague of mine who's described himself in the past as proudly conservative. He said on Friday, "Think we should move on. It's not as if Brett Kavanaugh was the only person on that not-so-short list compiled by the Federalist Society."
It was stupid and is an example of making allegations with little to no evidence. As far as moving on to another nominee I don't agree with that because it allows this unnecessary hijacking of the process to become a norm.

I am extremely unhappy with how some conservatives are handling this situation and I am glad that Dennis Prager has been called out on his latest article that, to me, is a horrendous blow to many of us.

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was stupid and is an example of making allegations with little to no evidence. As far as moving on to another nominee I don't agree with that.

It was much much more than stupid, try criminal. He hired a firm to help make this a huge conspiracy theory. He purposely set out to destroy another person’s life. You believe every word of @Tekate story, which by the way is millions of young women’s story, yet you won’t even consider Dr Ford is being honest.

Today’s headlne is “A GOP advisor helping lead response to Kavanaugh accuser quits, has previously faced his own sexual harassment allegation”.
The more that comes out about what the republicans are doing, the more guilty Kavanaugh looks. Do you really think a lettter with 65 signatures magically appeared after Dr Ford came forward with her story. If Kavanaugh were innocent do you really think Ed Wahlen would have concocted his theory? Ms Ford has taken a polygraph and is asking the FBI to investigate. This is how innocent people act. Meanwhile Kavanaugh has not requested the same and neither have the Republicans, It doesn’t take a genius to figure out who is probably telling the truth.

There needs to be an FBI investigation and Mark Judge needs to be subpoenaed and testify.

I had an awful day yesterday after Trump took to tweeter. I’m sure millions of people who have been sexually assaulted did as well. Our president trashing a person who has publicly come forward with her story is disgusting. There are also many people who have cared about and loved someone who has been sexually assaulted. This is not a partisan issue. It is a human issue.

Last edited:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, Trump has been accused of rape/sexual assault by 19 women, uncluding Ivana. I guess they are ALL lying, right? :???:

Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 1.24.16 PM.png

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was much much more than stupid, try criminal. He hired a firm to help make this a huge conspiracy theory. He purposely set out to destroy another person’s life. You believe every word of @Tekate story, which by the way is millions of young women’s story, yet you won’t even consider Dr Ford is being honest.

Today’s headlne is “A GOP advisor helping lead response to Kavanaugh accuser quits, has previously faced his own sexual harassment allegation”.
The more that comes out about what the republicans are doing, the more guilty Kavanaugh looks. Do you really think a lettter with 65 signatures magically appeared after Dr Ford came forward with her story. If Kavanaugh were innocent do you really think Ed Wahlen would have concocted his theory? Ms Ford has taken a polygraph and is asking the FBI to investigate. This is how innocent people act. Meanwhile Kavanaugh has not requested the same and neither have the Republicans, It doesn’t take a genius to figure out who is probably telling the truth.

There needs to be an FBI investigation and Mark Judge needs to be subpoenaed and testify.

I had an awful day yesterday after Trump took to tweeter. I’m sure millions of people who have been sexually assaulted did as well. Our president trashing a person who has publicly come forward with her story is disgusting. There are also many people who have cared about and loved someone who has been sexually assaulted. This is not a partisan issue. It a human issue.
You seem to be angry at me for not falling in line like a "good" woman should, that is your issue not mine. When did I ever say that I don't think she is being honest? I said I want to hear from both of them which is how it works. I intimated the evidence is thin. It is. I won't go into the FBI thing again because I already said what I think about that. I also questioned the timing of the whole thing and linked an article where Feinstein's hometown paper said the same.

Edit - I believe Tekate because she is not making accusations that will affect a specific person's life and I empathize with her. If she were to do that then I would expect her to go through the process to prove her allegations. How many times do I have to tell you this?

Last edited:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, Trump has been accused of rape/sexual assault by 19 women, uncluding Ivana. I guess they are ALL lying, right? :???:

Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 1.24.16 PM.png

I am of the mindset that we should at the very least, when a woman says she was raped, say "I believe you" and go from there, whatever that means.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You seem to be angry at me for not falling in line like a "good" woman should, that is your issue not mine. When did I ever say that I don't think she is being honest? I said I want to hear from both of them which is how it works. I intimated the evidence is thin. It is. I won't go into the FBI thing again because I already said what I think about that.

Are you serious? Falling in line like a good woman??? WTH?? Red, I’m angry that this continues to happen to so many women. I’m not angry at you. I wish you could show some compassion for Ms Ford. I don’t see this as a partisan issue. Men also get sexually abused. Do you think all the victims who came forward about the Catholic Church Priests were not being truthful?

There have been quite a few republicans in the past two years who have been accused. They all handle it the same way. Deny, accused the victim of lying, then the true store comes out. The percentage of woman lying about sexual assault is 2%. We also know that less than 1/3 of all victims report the crime. Our president is a sexual predator.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you serious? Falling in line like a good woman??? WTH?? Red, I’m angry that this continues to happen to so many women. I’m not angry at you. I wish you could show some compassion for Ms Ford. I don’t see this as a partisan issue. Men also get sexually abused. Do you think all the victims who came forward about the Catholic Church Priests were not being truthful?

There have been quite a few republicans in the past two years who have been accused. They all handle it the same way. Deny, accused the victim of lying, then the true store comes out. The percentage of woman lying about sexual assault is 2%. We also know that less than 1/3 of all victims report the crime. Our president is a sexual predator.
I am also angry and empathetic that women, men, and children are abused and raped. Do you actually think I am not? But I also know there is a process that must be followed and it sucks but it has to happen. Do you wish to throw out the process and go straight to the sentencing phase? Whether that be criminal court or the court of public opinion. I am not in agreement with that. We also cannot force people to come forward to report crimes, it is a personal decision and a heavy one.

There have been plenty on both sides denying their indiscretions/crimes only to find out later they were true. It is not a republican only cross to bear.

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you wish to throw out the process and go straight to the sentencing phase? Whether that be criminal court or the court of public opinion. I am not in agreement with that. We also cannot force people to come forward to report crimes, it is a personal decision and a heavy one at that.
Yes, if they are associates of Trump. ;))

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 , I am a little angry with you on this issue. You know the statistics and yet you still want to push this confirmation thru giving no consideration to Ms Ford even though the statistics show there is more than an 98% chance she is being truthful.

I think you are the one with issues on the Kavanaugh Supreme Court issue, not me. Asking by for an FBI investigation is certainly being reasonable. Just stating my opinion as you do yours.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am also angry and empathetic that women, men, and children are abused and raped. Do you actually think I am not? But I also know there is a process that must be followed and it sucks but it has to happen. Do you wish to throw out the process and go straight to the sentencing phase? Whether that be criminal court or the court of public opinion. I am not in agreement with that. We also cannot force people to come forward to report crimes, it is a personal decision and a heavy one.

There have been plenty on both sides denying their indiscretions/crimes only to find out later they were true. It is not a republican only cross to bear.

I’m asking for an investigation. We ALL should be asking for an investigation. When was the last time you heard of s guilty person asking for an FBI investigation and submitting to a polygraph test? Dr Ford has done both these things. Kavanaugh on the other hand, has not.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't want to go back. It would serve no purpose to upset everyone in my life and my girlfriend from high school.. Naw.

I have told the truth.

I agree with @Calliecake my story is a dime a dozen, truthfully this is what is so sad about my story, it happened so much and still happens.

You seem to be angry at me for not falling in line like a "good" woman should, that is your issue not mine. When did I ever say that I don't think she is being honest? I said I want to hear from both of them which is how it works. I intimated the evidence is thin. It is. I won't go into the FBI thing again because I already said what I think about that. I also questioned the timing of the whole thing and linked an article where Feinstein's hometown paper said the same.

Edit - I believe Tekate because she is not making accusations that will affect a specific person's life and I empathize with her. If she were to do that then I would expect her to go through the process to prove her allegations. How many times do I have to tell you this?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry @VapidLapid hell yeah I'm sorry and do understand what this means to you and your thoughts of yourself. peace.

okay @AGBF so you, I and VapidLapid all went to high school in Fairfield county.. amazing.(of course it's fairly big) :)

I am so sorry, VL. I went to high school in Fairfield County and also taught high school here (at an independent school) for a few years. I am older than you, but found myself wondering where you went to school. I have always considered you a kindred spirit in many ways. Whether or not you ever read this, I feel compelled to respond to what you wrote.

High school students are at at an age when they are very sexually desirable. Teachers really must keep their wits about them and remain vigilant about remaining appropriate with their students. I was only 29 when I started teaching. Like your chemistry teacher, I was married. Although I taught history, I had taken voice lessons. I helped do vocal coaching for kids singing in a musical that was being put on in the school. I remember that I put my hand on the diaphragm of the girls in helping to show them how to breathe, but kept my hands off the boys. Frankly, the 15 year-old boys were too tempting. I wouldn't have touched one with a ten foot pole. (Nor should I have.) It is OK for an adult to notice an attractive young adult or teenager. It is OK to have feelings. But it is not OK to act on feelings when one is a professional entrusted with the welfare of minor children. It is not OK to ogle them, to comment on their looks, to treat one you find attractive differently from one you do not find attractive, and most certainly not to touch one.

Adults who are entrusted with the care of children have a sacred responsibility to protect them. I am sorry that you were let down by two, not one, of the adults who were put in your life to protect you.

Hugs,
(((VL)))
Deb

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't want to go back. It would serve no purpose to upset everyone in my life and my girlfriend from high school.. Naw.

I have told the truth.

I agree with @Calliecake my story is a dime a dozen, truthfully this is what is so sad about my story, it happened so much and still happens.

@Tekate, I in no way meant to make it sound like your story is like a dime a dozen. I apologize if in any way my statement made it sound like your story was not important. All sexual assault stories are important, I’m mad that many people are trying to rush this confirmation thru. These Republican men act so flippant when it comes to sexual assault. LIsten to McConnell basically say “don’t worry we will get Kavanaugh confirmed” without an investigation is disgusting in my opinion. Republican leadership acts as though the me too movement never happened.

It also makes me mad when I hear women act like this confirmation should be pushed thru with no regard to what Kavanaugh probably did or what Dr. Ford has been through

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my bad, sorry sweetie, I think my story IS a dime a dozen you did not say that. that is what is so damn sad about my story, it happens today too. :( I hate McConnell, he's nefarious and evil.

Yes the republicans are sure in a hurry Callie when they sure had a lot of time between Judge Garland's nomination and we got stuck with Judge Gorsach..

The republicans are trying to push thru the nomination process because conservatives want him, simple. Sad and simple.

I think that Dr. Ford has a good lawyer and she has guts, total guts.

Have a great rest of the weekend Callie, I wish Trump had nominated a judge who cares about the law, not a white guy who thinks that if it happened in 1776 that we can't interpret the law in a more modern manner, because we don't need militia today, etc. you know the drill.

@Tekate, I in no way meant to make it sound like your story is like a dime a dozen. I apologize if in any way my statement made it sound like your story was not important. All sexual assault stories are important, I’m mad that many people are trying to rush this confirmation thru. These Republican men act so flippant when it comes to sexual assault. LIsten to McConnell basically say “don’t worry we will get Kavanaugh confirmed” without an investigation is disgusting in my opinion. Republican leadership acts as though the me too movement never happened.

It also makes me mad when I hear women act like this confirmation should be pushed thru with no regard to what Kavanaugh probably did or what Dr. Ford has been through

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately @Tekate I know the drill all too well! I hope you have a nice weekend too an that you are beginning to feel better. Mouth pain is never fun and you have really been thru the wringer with your mouth / teeth issues.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 , I am a little angry with you on this issue. You know the statistics and yet you still want to push this confirmation thru giving no consideration to Ms Ford even though the statistics show there is more than an 98% chance she is being truthful.

I think you are the one with issues on the Kavanaugh Supreme Court issue, not me. Asking by for an FBI investigation is certainly being reasonable. Just stating my opinion as you do yours.
Fair enough but I don't see it as a reason to be angry at anyone. I am only irritated when someone is a jerk to me, not because they don't agree with me. Even if they are a jerk it really doesn't affect me.

She has every opportunity to come and participate. If she doesn't they need to move forward.

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stop using the word Dimms. Or else I'm going to start calling the conservatives slack-jawed yokels.
SF
Can you please bake a slack-jawed yokels cake?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results