shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, Now Brett Kavanaugh Can Face His Accuser

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No one can, now, complain that Brett Kavanaugh is being denied his right to face his accuser. She has given an interview to "The Washington Post" and is on the record with her name and all her identifying information. And she certainly sounds like a credible woman, not to mention that the attack is backed up by notes from a couples' therpist's session that she and her husband attended in 2012.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ccuser-speaks-out-washington-post/1328625002/

AGBF

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes he can and what happens will happen. Glad she came forward.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How many hours before we begin hearing Republicans say “Boys will be boys”, “It was a different time back then” and countless other things as the attempt to defend him and make this seem like it wasn’t a big deal. Tomorrow there will be a list of hundreds of women who have known him for years saying he is such a great man, that one night should not ruin his career.

Women get on with their lives and seem perfectly happy to everyone around them. Many people who know her will be stunned this happened to her. It will be reported how successful and happy she is, how it did not effect her life going forward. She probably was happy most of the time..... yet she felt the need to talk about it a therapy session 20 years later.

He should not be on the Supreme Court.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He should not be on the Supreme Court.

He shouldn't have been on The Supreme Court anyway. This just means that the handpicked guy who was supposed to let Trump off when Trump should have been indicted and who perjured himself in past congressional testimony is also, now, suspected of attempted rape.

That's pretty much the usual for a Trump appointee.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This twitter comment sums it up perfectly.

So to summarize, a confessed serial sexual predator nominated a man who is credibly accused of attempted rape to be the key vote to strip women of reproductive freedom.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So to summarize, a confessed serial sexual predator nominated a man who is credibly accused of attempted rape to be the key vote to strip women of reproductive freedom.

That is perfection, Calliecake. We should pay to take out a full page ad in "The New York Times" that says that!

AGBF

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So she took and passed a polygraph test administered by the FBI in JULY. Sooooo....the republicans HAD to have known about this, right?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is perfection, Calliecake. We should pay to take out a full page ad in "The New York Times" that says that!

AGBF

I couldn’t agree more Deb. I’d love to see it plastered in every paper and the internet.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

That really does summarize it. They are not remotely interested in empowering women to reduce unwanted pregnancies to reduce/ stop abortions. I have not seen any of these people say lets empower every female with a uterus with the knowledge and contraception they need so they can avoid unwanted pregnancies. Where I live they have abstinence education. Nearly every teenage pregnancy is a " shock" and the kids are told they should give the baby up for adoption. I am old enough it is NOT a shock that teens are going to have sex and a parent is NOT going to know it. Frankly I am shocked when a parent is not shocked that their teen got pregnant. I have yet to hear a parent tell me that their kid was on the pill and her boyfriend used a condom every time too and those little swimmers defied the odds of both forms of protection at the same time.

Much like rape is not about sex, it is about power and control, these overturn roe vs wade congressmen and senators seem ONLY interested in telling women what they can and cannot do in their uterus. There is NO legislation up for a vote, for a nationwide contraception initiative and I haven't heard one of these republicans explain how they are going to reduce unwanted pregnancies so we don't have women doing things that can kill women TOO if they manage to overturn roe v wade.

Each parent and woman should have access to free contraception and more importantly - judgement free - contraception.

If I thought for one second that overturning roe v wade would help women to NOT become pregnant when they did not want to , I would back it 100%. What this looks like is they will do NOTHING to educate and protect and support women, but they will make sure if a woman is intent on having an abortion, it will be unsafe and possibly kill her too.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In a way, does it matter, Trump will just nominate another Clarence or Antonin. :(

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So she took and passed a polygraph test administered by the FBI in JULY. Sooooo....the republicans HAD to have known about this, right?
Seems to have been some misreporting somewhere. She herself told the Washington Post -- who's had the lead on this -- that it was a former FBI agent who conducted the polygraph examination, in early August. The suggestion that she do so was made by a DC attorney whom she consulted.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...bd52dfe917b_story.html?utm_term=.d79099d12f7c

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That really does summarize it. They are not remotely interested in empowering women to reduce unwanted pregnancies to reduce/ stop abortions. I have not seen any of these people say lets empower every female with a uterus with the knowledge and contraception they need so they can avoid unwanted pregnancies. Where I live they have abstinence education. Nearly every teenage pregnancy is a " shock" and the kids are told they should give the baby up for adoption. I am old enough it is NOT a shock that teens are going to have sex and a parent is NOT going to know it. Frankly I am shocked when a parent is not shocked that their teen got pregnant. I have yet to hear a parent tell me that their kid was on the pill and her boyfriend used a condom every time too and those little swimmers defied the odds of both forms of protection at the same time.

Much like rape is not about sex, it is about power and control, these overturn roe vs wade congressmen and senators seem ONLY interested in telling women what they can and cannot do in their uterus. There is NO legislation up for a vote, for a nationwide contraception initiative and I haven't heard one of these republicans explain how they are going to reduce unwanted pregnancies so we don't have women doing things that can kill women TOO if they manage to overturn roe v wade.

Each parent and woman should have access to free contraception and more importantly - judgement free - contraception.

If I thought for one second that overturning roe v wade would help women to NOT become pregnant when they did not want to , I would back it 100%. What this looks like is they will do NOTHING to educate and protect and support women, but they will make sure if a woman is intent on having an abortion, it will be unsafe and possibly kill her too.

not to mention stringent abortion laws penalize poor women/families, while well-to-do women/families who can fly somewhere else to have one. so many initiatives out of the current administration can be boiled down to "let's put women/the lower classes/people of color in their place" *shameful* :wall:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sadly, this will probably play out the way the Clarence Thomas situation did

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IF they push him through, they are going full Handmaid's Tale. I just don't think this it's going to happen. This is a line they can't cross and IF they do, there is NO coming back. They can't keep falling back on the "But Bill Clinton" bulls*t. It is time to either change or fall by the wayside. The Republican party, by electing Trump, is literally hanging by a thread. I honestly feel like they are the confederates in a new civil war. The parallels are just astonishing in accuracy.

I am SO happy I am on the Union side...

LByDaZ4.png

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suddenly the Republicans are not so sure the Kavanaugh nomination is in the bag. Read the article linked below. Excerpts follow.

"Ford’s story is highly credible. It contains as much detail as could be expected of an incident that took place three and a half decades ago, and there is no doubt that she and Kavanaugh shared a broad social circle. She reached out to the Post before Kavanaugh was nominated, refuting the notion that she is part of some desperate last-ditch effort to derail his nomination. She submitted to a polygraph test with an FBI agent and passed, and while polygraph tests have questionable value, a person who was making up an accusation would probably not want to offer to take one.
...​
The Senate Republican majority can stand to lose only two votes, and still has a handful of moderates. Retiring GOP Senators Jeff Flake and Bob Corker have spoken out against Trump, yet have not taken any opportunities to give their misgivings concrete form. The Kavanaugh nomination would be such a moment, a symbolic do-over for the party’s willingness to elect Trump even after tapes of his confessions of sexual assault became public.
Update: Flake wants to postpone the upcoming vote until more information is heard. This is a huge setback for Kavanaugh."

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...sexual-assault-allegation-christine-ford.html

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I deeply hope, for the sake of our country, that this horrible man isn't nominated to SCOTUS. The more I learn about him, the more disgusted I become.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I deeply hope, for the sake of our country, that this horrible man isn't nominated to SCOTUS. The more I learn about him, the more disgusted I become.

I am with you, lovedogs. I wrote to my Republican congresswoman earlier tonight, but I cannot rest. I just got a message from MoveOn.org asking for a $5.00 contribution to help stop him from being appointed to the Court. There were other options for how much one could donate. I was feeling desperate to stop "this horrible man", so I thought $5.00 would not suffice to let me sleep tonight.

AGBF

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The last year of President Obama’s Presidency functioned with 8 Supreme Court Justices. We certainly didn’t here the republicans complain about the number of Justices during Obama’s last year. Why the rush to appoint a Supreme Court Justice without a proper investigation into the allegations made by Dr. Ford?

Dr Fords DC Attorney suggested she take a polygraph, which Dr Ford took and proved to be truthful. Does anyone think the Republican Party or his attorney will ask Kavanagh to take a polygraph?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Virgina Hume, daughter of Fox News' Brit Hume, is one of the 65 women who signed the letter defending Kavanaugh. It seems that she had some really "odd" twitter conversations with the accomplice, Mark Judge in June 2018 before the allegations came out. Interesting. You can search it out on twitter.

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 7.55.33 AM.png

Last edited:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let’s be really honest here...

There were better, more qualified candidates than Kavanaugh. The fact that he stated he did not believe a sitting president should be prosecuted is the only reason that he has been chosen for this position.

Any of the candidates Trump chooses will put Roe v. Wade in jeopardy. The Republicans vetted the candidates for SCOTUS and made sure it was so.

We should be very alarmed that this guy might allow a treasonous president to get away with breaking our highest laws. We should also be alarmed that our republican law makers would put a judge in place that would actually carry out the task. Furthermore, I find it even MORE alarming that our citizens would support this action all in the name of “having the winning team.” This isn’t football. This is the fate of our country.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let’s be really honest here...

There were better, more qualified candidates than Kavanaugh. The fact that he stated he did not believe a sitting president should be prosecuted is the only reason that he has been chosen for this position.

Any of the candidates Trump chooses will put Roe v. Wade in jeopardy. The Republicans vetted the candidates for SCOTUS and made sure it was so.

We should be very alarmed that this guy might allow a treasonous president to get away with breaking our highest laws. We should also be alarmed that our republican law makers would put a judge in place that would actually carry out the task. Furthermore, I find it even MORE alarming that our citizens would support this action all in the name of “having the winning team.” This isn’t football. This is the fate of our country.
Since we are being honest here, millions felt the exact same same way about possible nominees from Clinton who would make rulings based on what they feel is right and some sort of social justice rather than following the laws as written. It is one of the main reasons we have Trump instead of Clinton, even though many of them cannot stand his antics. It's nothing about a "team" for me that's for sure. This is the fate of our country and not everyone wants the same outcome. ;)2 As for Kavanaugh we will see what happens, but if he is not confirmed before the election this will be a rallying point for Republicans to get out and vote.

Edit - as for him letting Trump off on any charges there has to be more judges than him in agreement for that to happen.

Last edited:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bet the fact that this woman came forward and her allegations are credible will mean absolutely zippo. It will be a repeat of Clarence Thomas, where Anita Hill is vilified and Thomas becomes supreme court judge. We all know why Kavanaugh was nominated. In case Trump gets into deep doo doo he can appeal to his stacked supreme court. Disgusting outcome of the once democratic country we had with checks and balances.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Some men are pigs.
Some men are traitors.
Some men manage to be both a traitor who would conspire with a foreign government to make a mockery of our elections and then lie about it and at the same time they also are disgusting pigs who would mock a woman who was sexually assaulted.

91EE928B-D62C-4FDB-A958-A0A1ABB50883.jpeg

Pig junior on instagram a classless act..... that apple did not fall far from the tree. What a sick jerk.
I will not shed a tear when the scumbag is sentenced. I hope they find every state crime he has comitted and make the terms consecutive.
What a tool

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some men are pigs.
Some men are traitors.
Some men manage to be both a traitor who would conspire with a foreign government to make a mockery of our elections and then lie about it and at the same time they also are disgusting pigs who would mock a woman who was sexually assaulted.

Pig junior on instagram a classless act..... that apple did not fall far from the tree. What a sick jerk.
I will not shed a tear when the scumbag is sentenced. I hope they find every state crime he has comitted and make the terms consecutive.
What a tool

...and people wonder why Dr. Ford did not come forward sooner?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some men are pigs.
Some men are traitors.

What a tool
This is really tasteless and doesn't help anything.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results