shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, Now Brett Kavanaugh Can Face His Accuser

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Redwood, I don't know how to be more clear. There are sexual offenses in the first (rape), second (rape), third degree (sexual contact). There is also ATTEMPTED rape in the first or second degree. That is where the rape is not completed, but attempted. Those are also felonies. It would be up to lawyers, judges to decide what it would be considered in reality and I am neither, but in my lay view, it certainly sounded like a rape that was interrupted by the friend jumping on them. The therapist notes referred it to as attempted rape.
Please see my edit above and accept an apology.

Though I doubt that he would have been charged with a felony given their ages, both drunk, no prior misconduct, etc. Courts don't tend to do that. You may not agree with that but everything has to be taken into account and weighed accordingly.

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am truly sorry and will do some soul searching if my posts have come off as mean spirited to someone who is hurting. That is a road I never want to intentionally go down and I apologize if I have.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@partgypsy , Do you know if there was no SOL at the time this would have occurred? It’s possible that there is no SOL for rape or attempted rape now, where 30 years ago the laws may have been different. I know the state I live in SOL laws have changed over the years.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The White House says it stands behind Bret Kavanagh 100%
This makes me feel sick. Why doesn’t the WH just release a statement calling Ms. Ford a Liar? Wouldn’t it be appropriate to wait and hear what both have to say under oath.

Why on earth would Ms Ford put herself thru this? The United States is the Good Ol Boy Club?

I can’t imagjne this being said by the White House if Obama were President. Am I wrong?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The White House says it stands behind Bret Kavanagh 100%
This makes me feel sick. Why doesn’t the WH just release a statement calling Ms. Ford a Liar? Wouldn’t it be appropriate to wait and hear what both have to say under oath.

Why on earth would Ms Ford put herself thru this? The United States is the Good Ol Boy Club?

I can’t imagjne this being said by the White House if Obama were President. Am I wrong?

You aren't wrong. Because Obama never talked about grabbing women by the pussy, nor did he employ and support those accused of assault. It never ever would have happened if Obama were potus. 1. Because Obama wouldn't have nominated him, and 2. Bc if he were a dem he would have already withdrawn (see Al Franken).

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This certainly doesn’t help Kavanaugh’s case:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/sep/20/brett-kavanaugh-supreme-court-yale-amy-chua

A top professor at Yale Law School who strongly endorsed supreme court nominee Brett Kavanaugh as a “mentor to women” privately told a group of law students last year that it was “not an accident” that Kavanaugh’s female law clerks all “looked like models” and would provide advice to students about their physical appearance if they wanted to work for him, the Guardian has learned.

Amy Chua, a Yale professor who wrote a bestselling book on parenting called Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother, was known for instructing female law students who were preparing for interviews with Kavanaugh on ways they could dress to exude a “model-like” femininity to help them win a post in Kavanaugh’s chambers, according to sources.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NO! we can't stop this luxurious and delicious pie pix. in keeping with the time of year and my favorite pie. atho Apple and Blueberry can sometimes be first and what may be strange to many here, I love mince meat pie! So happy FALL!! to everyone it's the best time of the year, except for winter ;-)

practically-perfect-pumpkin-pie-recipe.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So Kavanaugh needs his law clerks to exude model-like femininity? He is sounding more and more like Donald Trump!!! (We can't elect Ted Cruz because Heidi isn't a pin-up like Melania!...And, as one commentator said at the time, Heidi Cruz is very pretty!)

Sorry, but guilty of attempted rape or not, that makes Kavanaugh scum in my book.

He wasn't Supreme Court material before this, but needing only good looking women to be professional workers for him lowers him to scum. As I said before, where did he get the reputation of a choir boy?

AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kate...are you calling for a cease to fighting or simply posting a great picture? I'm not sure if you are sending a message! If you want to start a Fall Baking Thread, I can start one. If you feel the conversation is off the rails yet again please say so. I love pumpkin pie and just came across some pumpkin tartlets I could post in a baking thread. ;))

Hugs,
Deb

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate pumpkin is my favorite too! The best is when it’s made from fresh pumpkin even though it’s more work.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate pumpkin is my favorite too! The best is when it’s made from fresh pumpkin even though it’s more work.

OK, ladies, redirect your energy to the Fall Baking Thread. Put up some recipes!

Deb :))

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@soxfan, Those look way too beautiful to eat. They look like works of art!

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is there a lawyer on here who can help elucidate how rape and sexual assault is proved (1st, 2nd or 3rd degree)?

I understand physical evidence well enough i.e. rape kits, signs of forced entry, physical assault bruises etc. However not every case has such "clear" evidence. Women and girls who were threatened into submission, forced into not struggling for fear of their lives.

Or who were utterly shocked by what happened and went home and sat on it for days (inadvertently "ruining" the physical evidence). Or who felt utterly disgusted and dirty and went home to scrub themselves clean. Unfortunately I know of friends and loved ones who have been through all of the above.

In situations like these, what is the evidence required to prove guilt? Because that is where it becomes a bit more gray. And tbh, most rape cases ARE in the grey area.

Any lawyers who could chime in here would be great!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I made these today?

IMG_0783.jpg IMG_0789.jpg IMG_0791.jpg
I have lost 5 pounds and kept it off, but you guys are making me hungry!

Those look GREAT! I dont like frosting ( except for cream cheese on carrot cake ) but it sure looks good! Great job !:lickout:

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@soxfan , my attempts to eat healthy is seriously being tested by those awesome cupcake photos you posted!

*stares sadly at my blueberry chia seed pudding*

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I'm assuming you made those for a special occasion! They look almost too pretty to eat.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5F8EAEAD-796D-406A-BFCC-47E646C18885.jpeg
I don’t do pie. BEHOLD the Black and Tan Sundae!!! 15 inches of toasted almond, caramel, hot fudge, homemade whipped cream goodness right there for all to enjoy! True story...I ate two of these at once when I was pregnant with a ten pound baby. It was his fault. :mrgreen2:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@soxfan someone in The Fall Baking Thread has been asking for you!

Deb :wavey:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
5F8EAEAD-796D-406A-BFCC-47E646C18885.jpeg
I don’t do pie. BEHOLD the Black and Tan Sundae!!! 15 inches of toasted almond, caramel, hot fudge, homemade whipped cream goodness right there for all to enjoy! True story...I ate two of these at once when I was pregnant with a ten pound baby. It was his fault. :mrgreen2:

hi501.gif
Looks delish. :lickout:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Deb! I never cease and I believe most if not all of us try to keep it civil! but I DO LOVE PIE so I cannot EVER cease speaking of pie.

((((((DEB))))))

kate :)

Kate...are you calling for a cease to fighting or simply posting a great picture? I'm not sure if you are sending a message! If you want to start a Fall Baking Thread, I can start one. If you feel the conversation is off the rails yet again please say so. I love pumpkin pie and just came across some pumpkin tartlets I could post in a baking thread. ;))

Hugs,
Deb

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been craving lemon meringue pie since yesterday. I would break down and get one but am afraid I would eat the whole pie in a day.

The President has taken to tweeter this morning to attack Dr. Ford.

No subpoena for Mark Judge is very telling. In what investigation do to they not hear from the witness. McConnell said this morning they have the votes to confirm Kavanagh. If I were Dr. Ford I would make sure the senators do the questioning. This is a sham.

Last edited:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been craving lemon meringue pie since yesterday. I would break down and get one but am afraid I would eat the whole pie in a day.
And?

:bigsmile:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lOL I know Ellen!!! My husband works right the place that I think makes the best lemon meringue pie. He’s bringing one home tonight. A pie for for dinner is sounding pretty great right now!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results