Well, Now Brett Kavanaugh Can Face His Accuser

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did someone say lime? As in, Key Lime?! :lickout:

key-lime-pie.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! Only to those with no appreciation of the tart tangy titillating taste of LIME pie. Humph.

Oh, you have made me so nostalgic, Matata! I remember those lemon versus lime debates!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I call bull$hit. You are masterful at manipulation through language. Own it. It ain't all bad. And have a piece of pie Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 12.57.14 PM.png

#1 it’s not BS. I have no clue what Deb does for a living (I actually thought she was retired), so no, she was not who I was thinking about ‘acting unethically’.

#2 I don’t intend to manipulate thru language; I do, however, generally choose my words carefully, and mean what I say. If someone takes offense and says so respectfully, I will apologize. If someone is a butthole, then I don’t care. Simple as that.

#3 and this is also not BS - THAT is my absolutely positively favorite pie; thank you! :love:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
None of these pies look like they belong on a keto diet.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
and this is also not BS - THAT is my absolutely positively favorite pie; thank you!
You're welcome. I knew that because I'm psychic.

#1 it’s not BS. I have no clue what Deb does for a living (I actually thought she was retired), so no, she was not who I was thinking about ‘acting unethically’.
It is within the realm of possibility that AGBF would assume you were referring to her based on your previous reply to her. I too thought you were referring to her. Will give you the benefit of the doubt on this one knowing it matters not one iota to you.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please contact me on my LT page because there are some numbers I need from you. ;-)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please contact me on my LT page because there are some numbers I need from you.
It doesn't work that way or else I'd be obscenely wealthy.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Time for a group hug?
slider_grouphugg.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn't work that way or else I'd be obscenely wealthy.
So it's intermittent and uncontrollable? Sounds like it's more of a hindrance then. :lol:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite pie. Although I would take a slice of Key Lime pie next next to it! Lime and coconut go well together!

coconutcreampie.jpg

Coconut Cream Pie

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a lawyer and this could be incorrect (what I found off the internet, Maryland sexual crimes), but it sure sounds like what happens fits sexual offense in the third degree. It is a felony with sentencing of 10 years, in case ya'll are minimizing what he allegedly did. Attempted rape is ALSO a felony. see in this link about ATTEMPTED rape https://statelaws.findlaw.com/maryland-law/maryland-rape-and-sexual-assault-laws.html
Sexual crimes at the felony level do not have a statute of limitations.

Sexual Offense
  • First Degree – engaging in a sexual act (oral or anal sex, or any object or part of one’s body penetrates the genitals or anus for sexual gratification, but not vaginal intercourse – that’s above in rape) by force, threat, or without consent while displaying a weapon, suffocating or physically injuring the victim, or threatening the victim with death, disfigurement, or serious physical injury, or committed with another’s help or during a burglary
  • Second Degree – engaging in a sexual act with another by 1) force or without his or her consent, 2) with a mentally or physically incapacitated person (includes drunk, high, or unconscious) when the defendant should know of his or her condition, or 3) the victim is under 14 and the defendant is at least 4 years older than the victim
  • Third Degree – includes any of the following:
    • engaging in sexual contact (intentionally touching the victim’s or defendant’s genital, anal, or other private parts for sexual gratification or abuse of either person) in any of the following situations:
      • Without consent while using a weapon, strangling or seriously injuring the victim, threatening the victim with death, serious injury, or kidnapping, or committed with another’s help OR
      • The victim is mentally or physically incapacitated (drunk or unconscious for example) and the defendant knows of his or her condition
      • The victim is under 14 years old and the defendant is at least 4 years older
      • Engaging in a sexual act (i.e. oral or anal sex) or vaginal sex with a 14 or 15 year old victim by a 21 year old or older defendant, AKA statutory rape

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite pie. Although I would take a slice of Key Lime pie next next to it! Lime and coconut go well together!

coconutcreampie.jpg
Love that but the pic of the key lime actually activated my salivary glands. :lol:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is within the realm of possibility that AGBF would assume you were referring to her based on your previous reply to her. I too thought you were referring to her. Will give you the benefit of the doubt on this one knowing it matters not one iota to you.

Not sure which reply you’re talking about, and no, it doesn’t really matter to me. It was merely an observation (the behavior).

But this makes my point earlier/upthread and so many other times on here ... that when people infer something that is not specifically stated, assuming the worst and attacking someone belligerently vs. asking for clarification doesn’t do anyone or any discussion any good. And that’s the last I’m gonna say about that. :wavey:

Thank you, again, for being psychic with the pie. :mrgreen2:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a lawyer and this could be incorrect (what I found off the internet, Maryland sexual crimes), but it sure sounds like what happens fits sexual offense in the third degree. It is a felony with sentencing of 10 years, in case ya'll are minimizing what he allegedly did. Attempted rape is ALSO a felony.
Sexual crimes at the felony level do not have a statute of limitations.

Sexual Offense
  • First Degree – engaging in a sexual act (oral or anal sex, or any object or part of one’s body penetrates the genitals or anus for sexual gratification, but not vaginal intercourse – that’s above in rape) by force, threat, or without consent while displaying a weapon, suffocating or physically injuring the victim, or threatening the victim with death, disfigurement, or serious physical injury, or committed with another’s help or during a burglary
  • Second Degree – engaging in a sexual act with another by 1) force or without his or her consent, 2) with a mentally or physically incapacitated person (includes drunk, high, or unconscious) when the defendant should know of his or her condition, or 3) the victim is under 14 and the defendant is at least 4 years older than the victim
  • Third Degree – includes any of the following:
    • engaging in sexual contact (intentionally touching the victim’s or defendant’s genital, anal, or other private parts for sexual gratification or abuse of either person) in any of the following situations:
      • Without consent while using a weapon, strangling or seriously injuring the victim, threatening the victim with death, serious injury, or kidnapping, or committed with another’s help OR
      • The victim is mentally or physically incapacitated (drunk or unconscious for example) and the defendant knows of his or her condition
      • The victim is under 14 years old and the defendant is at least 4 years older
      • Engaging in a sexual act (i.e. oral or anal sex) or vaginal sex with a 14 or 15 year old victim by a 21 year old or older defendant, AKA statutory rape
Back to the regularly scheduled program. No sex is alleged so no it doesn't fit any of those.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I believe it was a thinly veiled attack against me. Which is amusing, since I've literally never done anything remotely related to "psychoanalysis" on these boards. On purpose. Because I post *my thoughts, feelings, and observations* as a private person. Not as a psychologist. I know how the laws and rules of ethics work.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your picture was fabulous, Ellen. :))
Truth be told, it would be a total toss up between mine and yours. Love them both. :lickout:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So here I sit at home with only healthy food in residence wishing upon a pie....

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back to the regularly scheduled program. No sex is alleged so no it doesn't fit any of those.

Uh, yes it does. Her account, there was sexual contact from groping her, and fundamentally her testimony, she was in fear for her life and thought she was going to be raped. A 17 year old male on average, is going to be much stronger than a 15 year old female. He restrained her (pinned her), covered her mouth to keep her from screaming and tried to remove her clothing.

Mr. Kavanaugh pinned her on a bed, groped her and covered her mouth to keep her from screaming.
“I thought he might inadvertently kill me,” the newspaper quoted her as saying. “He was trying to attack me and remove my clothing.”

The thing is, I wish he just would admit, "I was drunk out of my mind on several incidents both in HS and college and do not recall this happening." That would be HONEST. His own friend describes him in HS drinking so much he blacks out. Or sorry "Bart O'Kavanagh" being black out drunk.

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uh, yes it does. Her account, there was sexual contact from groping her, and fundamentally her testimony, she was in fear for her life and thought she was going to be raped. A 17 year old male on average, is going to be much stronger than a 15 year old female. He restrained her (pinned her), covered her mouth to keep her from screaming and tried to remove her clothing.

Mr. Kavanaugh pinned her on a bed, groped her and covered her mouth to keep her from screaming.
“I thought he might inadvertently kill me,” the newspaper quoted her as saying. “He was trying to attack me and remove my clothing.”
Please reread the definition of sexual act in First Degree in your post above. It would be assault and I don't know the actual MD statute but it is not any of the ones you posted. I also would imagine it would be a misdemeanor based on other state's statutes. IME this would be a misdemeanor in California especially given their ages.

...engaging in a sexual act (oral or anal sex, or any object or part of one’s body penetrates the genitals or anus for sexual gratification, but not vaginal intercourse...

Last edited:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a lawyer, but attempted rape does not need penetration. Duh. Otherwise it would be rape. My opinions don't matter anyhoo, as the committee is going to confirm him so this is neither here or there. I feel sorry for her. She is going to be another Anita Hill. She's already gotten death threats and her and her family forced out of their home. Some people are nuts.

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not meaning to offend you in any way but you posted sexual offenses that do not match the allegations. Perhaps there are others you could post instead that the allegations actually fall under? You asked and I answered.

I checked again and it may fall under one of the Third Degree. Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Redwood, I don't know how to be more clear. There are sexual offenses in the first (rape), second (rape), third degree (sexual contact). There is also ATTEMPTED rape in the first or second degree. That is where the rape is not completed, but attempted. Those are also felonies. It would be up to lawyers, judges to decide what it would be considered in reality and I am neither, but in my lay view, it certainly sounded like a rape that was interrupted by the friend jumping on them. The therapist notes referred it to as attempted rape.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results