shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, Now Brett Kavanaugh Can Face His Accuser

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah. If they really wanted to know the truth, they would allow the FBI to conduct its own report, and interview the witness.

Trump is crying how unfair this is to Kavanagh. Everyone knows this has nothing to do with "ruining" Kavanagh's life. The worse outcome is that he keeps his cushy 2nd from the top judicial position.

He is applying for a job: a lifetime appointment on the supreme court, whose decisions affects all of us. It demands the highest of ethical standards and we should not expect less nor sweep things under the rug to hurry things along. My opinion is that while Trump is under investigation, there should be no selection of supreme court judges. ESPECIALLY ones with a extreme minority opinion on powers of the president.

But again, the outcome is predetermined. She hasn't given her testimony yet but: "During a speech to conservative activists at the Values Voters Summit in Washington on Friday, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell appeared determined to stay the course. "You've watched the fight. You've watched the tactics. But here's what I want to tell you. In the very near future, Judge Kavanaugh will be on the United States Supreme Court," McConnell said to applause.

Last edited:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lOL I know Ellen!!! My husband works right the place that I think makes the best lemon meringue pie. He’s bringing one home tonight. A pie for for dinner is sounding pretty great right now!
Atta girl! :bigsmile:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Examples of what happens when you try to poop and it comes out your mouth instead.

Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 1.35.21 PM.png

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. #WhyIDidntReport is trending on twitter now. Jesus Christ this is awful. Women raped in the military and told to shut up about it. Raped by Priests, dads, friends of dads, uncles, I just can't. I would encourage any of you conservatives who are following the red line right now to just read TEN tweets. There are tens of thousands, but just read ten

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. #WhyIDidntReport is trending on twitter now. Jesus Christ this is awful. Women raped in the military and told to shut up about it. Raped by Priests, dads, friends of dads, uncles, I just can't. I would encourage any of you conservatives who are following the red line right now to just read TEN tweets. There are tens of thousands, but just read ten
With all due respect I don't follow any line. I support hearing from both of them before deciding anything. Deciding to come forward or not is a personal decision. Will she come to testify?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With all due respect I don't follow any line. I support hearing from both of them before deciding anything. Deciding not to come forward is a personal decision. Will she come to testify?

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry Red. Are you on twitter?
I have an account but use it rarely. I can't type or see shit on my phone so mostly I am on my PC. Every time I use my phone for PS I miss things people say and get into trouble for not seeing everything. Old lady who hates smartphones.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an account but use it rarely. I can't type or see shit on my phone so mostly I am on my PC. Every time I use my phone for PS I miss things people say and get into trouble for not seeing everything. Old lady who hates smartphones.

Nah it's fine. I always assume everyone is tech savvy. If you go to twitter it's trending now. If you click on it, it will take you to the tweets.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone else heard about Ed Whelan’s theory on what happened the night Dr. Ford was assaulted?

A PR Frim called CRC advised Whelan on how to spin this conspiracy theory. Whelan is a friend of Brett Kavanaugh. Kavanagh claims he had no idea his friend was doing this. Whelan was basically trying to pin the assault on another classmate who resembled Kavanaugh. Whelan named this person, as well as posted a picture of the two men side by side. This man is an innocent man. He is a middle school teacher. These republicans are flipping disgusting.

Whelan is a pillar of the Republican establishment. He apologized later today and took his theory down.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Why is it that I feel increasingly suspicious that this "someone else could have done it", followed by the retraction and apology is NOT an accident but one of several strategic narratives to cast increasing doubts on Dr Ford?

• Fox News claims Dr Ford "misremembers".
  • Whelan claims the same with this whole "someone else could have done it".
  • Orrin Hatch: Ford must be "mixed up" about the assault
  • Ken Starr: "false identification happens every day".

I actually think it's a smart move. They don't claim her sexual assault is not real (which would raise the ire of suburban white women, whom they are increasingly alienating and need their votes).

This form of attacks is insidious and very useful - it creates doubt in the mind which cannot be erased easily, nor can it easily be disproved, which only serves to cast greater doubt on Dr Ford's credibility. Which might be just enough for some women and independents to dismiss the whole thing while not alienating them from the GOP.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this what happens when Republicans control the sex education curriculum?

I have to apologize. That was snarky. It's just that as a Canadian, I have to admit that this is just so freaking weird! We start getting age appropriate sex ed in Grade 4 with the last classes being in Grade 8 or 9 depending on what province you're in. 10 year old children here would all know that these ideas are just not based in fact. The only possible exception would be those who are home schooled (although they are technically supposed to cover the exact same curriculum, I strongly suspect that this is not the case). So I'm finding myself wondering - Is this what happens in abstinence only sex education? Or is this some weird party line that they are all told to follow on pain of being cut off funding? I don't get it.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why is it that I feel increasingly suspicious that this "someone else could have done it", followed by the retraction and apology is NOT an accident but one of several strategic narratives to cast increasing doubts on Dr Ford?

• Fox News claims Dr Ford "misremembers".
  • Whelan claims the same with this whole "someone else could have done it".
  • Orrin Hatch: Ford must be "mixed up" about the assault
  • Ken Starr: "false identification happens every day".

I actually think it's a smart move. They don't claim her sexual assault is not real (which would raise the ire of suburban white women, whom they are increasingly alienating and need their votes).

This form of attacks is insidious and very useful - it creates doubt in the mind which cannot be erased easily, nor can it easily be disproved, which only serves to cast greater doubt on Dr Ford's credibility. Which might be just enough for some women and independents to dismiss the whole thing while not alienating them from the GOP.

This is exactly what they are doing. They are telling the base what to think. It's the problem that the US has right now with partisan news organizations. Two different realities get spun depending on what side you fall on. ETA: I also suspect that there is a huge pot of money in the Republican party earmarked to pay out whatever settlement Ed Whelan needs to make to the person he defamed. People don't do this without reassurances.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:nono:
I have to apologize. That was snarky. It's just that as a Canadian, I have to admit that this is just so freaking weird! We start getting age appropriate sex ed in Grade 4 with the last classes being in Grade 8 or 9 depending on what province you're in. 10 year old children here would all know that these ideas are just not based in fact. The only possible exception would be those who are home schooled (although they are technically supposed to cover the exact same curriculum, I strongly suspect that this is not the case). So I'm finding myself wondering - Is this what happens in abstinence only sex education? Or is this some weird party line that they are all told to follow on pain of being cut off funding? I don't get it.

I didn’t think you were snarky, but that’s coming from a liberal social justice warrior. :P2

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chuck Grassley attempted to give Dr. Ford a deadline of 10:00 tonight (i.e. Friday night) for her decision as to whether she would testify on Wednesday of next week meeting all his terms. At 9:30 PM her attorney responded with an incredibly articulate letter that skewered him. It pointed out that he had ignored everything that Dr. Ford had requested; that she had spent the entire day today with the FBI discussing the death threats she had received; that Dr. Ford had asked that the Democrats be included in the plans for the hearings, not just the Republicans, and much more. It concluded with a polite request for one more day for Dr. Ford to render a decision. Had Chuck Grassley refused one more day, I think there would have been a revolution! Wisely, he did not!

With each passing day, Kavanaugh becomes less popular. Yet the republicans intend to shove him down the throats of the unwilling public. People are coming awake to the idea that he may have to be impeached once the Democrats are back in power if an FBI investigation proves he attempted to rape Dr. Ford.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With each passing day, Kavanaugh becomes less popular. Yet the republicans intend to shove him down the throats of the unwilling public. People are coming awake to the idea that he may have to be impeached once the Democrats are back in power if an FBI investigation proves he attempted to rape Dr. Ford.
Is that possible?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is that possible?

Yes. Not only can Kavanaugh be impeached, but any other Supreme Court Justice can also be impeached. That means that the FBI can also investigate Clarence Thomas and if evidence is found that was not brought out about him in the past, he can be impeached, too. It is radical, but Donald Trump has done many radical things since he came into office. We can impeach sitting justices. What is done can be undone. Look at what Donald Trump has done with environmental regulations.

AGBF

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is exactly what they are doing. They are telling the base what to think.
If you think that only occurs on the Republican side then you have been had.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is that possible?
It requires a proven charge of high crimes and misdemeanors. Where and how will that charge possibly come?

Do you all actually hear yourselves? Good grief. The apparatus has everyone so worked up they can't see straight. Hate the other side no matter what. No thanks. Guess what, the sky is not falling down around you and you are on a social media platform that talks about diamonds and other lovely things. It will be ok despite what they tell you. I am sure the Dems will get their turn at some point to eff it all up. And guess what, it will still be ok then too, just different people angry all the time.

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It requires a proven charge of high crimes and misdemeanors. Where and how will that charge possibly come?

Do you all actually hear yourselves? Good grief. The apparatus has everyone so worked up they can't see straight. Hate the other side no matter what. No thanks. Guess what, the sky is not falling down around you and you are on a social media platform that talks about diamonds and other lovely things. It will be ok despite what they tell you. I am sure the Dems will get their turn at some point to eff it all up. And guess what, it will still be ok then too, just different people angry all the time.

Things are really not OK, red. And they will not be OK unless people take democracy seriously. Benjamin Franklin said that we must fight to keep it. Your sons have served in the military to preserve it. Taking the Constitution seriously matters. The rule of law matters. The president skirting the rule of law and acting like a king, taking all power unto himself is not OK. That is why we have to vote in the Democrats and start following the rule of law again.

AGBF

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MollyMalone I did say I was paraphrasing. ;)2
Yep, I included your quote in my blandly factual response. Which I posted because I thought it was a good idea for everyone to know precisely what Mark Judge, and Patrick J. Smyth, wanted to memorialize "for the record."
Judge denies (paraphrasing) his presence at the alleged party/incident.
As a FYI: Mark Judge has formally stated:
"I have no memory of the alleged incident. Brett Kavanaugh and I were friends in high school, but I do not recall the party described in Dr. Ford's letter. More to the point, I never saw Brett act in the manner described by Dr. Ford.
I have no more information to offer the Committee, and I do not wish to speak publicly regarding the incidents described in Dr. Ford's letter."
Here's the PDF of the letter that Mark Judge's lawyer sent to the Senate Judiciary Committee relaying the statement:
https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2018-09-18 Judge to Grassley, Feinstein (Kavanaugh Nomination).pdf

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This just might make me join twitter

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results