shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, Now Brett Kavanaugh Can Face His Accuser

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: OMG. For you, I will!!!
1237400wqzwintuen.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
“But in the grand scheme of things, my goodness, there was no intercourse. There was maybe a touch. Really? Thirty-six years later she’s still stuck on that, had it happened?” Irina Villarino added.

“I mean, we’re talking about a 15-year-old girl, which I respect. I’m a woman. I respect. But we’re talking about a 17-year-old boy in high school with testosterone running high. Tell me, what boy hasn’t done this in high school?” Gina Sosa asked.

The women also said that even if the allegation is true, they’d support Kavanaugh joining the Supreme Court."

This makes me incredibly mad. And nauseous.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was meant as a peace offering. :mrgreen2:

That is what I understood. In Pricescope language. (And I do care about languages, you know. ;)))

Did it have some other meaning in which it was funny?

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With all due respect I don't follow any line. I support hearing from both of them before deciding anything. Deciding to come forward or not is a personal decision. Will she come to testify?
Tentative agreement that both will testify on Thursday; some not insignificant details, however, still have to be worked out. And to my surprise, the Wall Street Journal is not hiding most of its article (balanced & the seemingly most informed one I've read in the past 20 minutes) behind their paywall:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/ford-attorneys-seek-more-time-for-kavanaugh-testimony-deal-1537643919
5F8EAEAD-796D-406A-BFCC-47E646C18885.jpeg
I don’t do pie. BEHOLD the Black and Tan Sundae!!! 15 inches of toasted almond, caramel, hot fudge, homemade whipped cream goodness right there for all to enjoy! True story...I ate two of these at once when I was pregnant with a ten pound baby. It was his fault. :mrgreen2:
omg it's the Friendly's Swiss Chocolate Almond Sundae -- but on steroids, and with caramel added :dance:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tentative agreement that both will testify on Thursday; some not insignificant details, however, still have to be worked out. And to my surprise, the Wall Street Journal is not hiding most of its article (balanced & the seemingly most informed one I've read in the past 20 minutes) behind their paywall:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/ford-attorneys-seek-more-time-for-kavanaugh-testimony-deal-1537643919

omg it's the Friendly's Swiss Chocolate Almond Sundae -- but on steroids, and with caramel added :dance:
Thank you. I hope she testifies and they don't stall again. I don't see the requirement that he be questioned first so that is a positive.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you think that only occurs on the Republican side then you have been had.

You clearly did not read my post. I said:

This is exactly what they are doing. They are telling the base what to think. It's the problem that the US has right now with partisan news organizations. Two different realities get spun depending on what side you fall on.

I clearly said this happens on both sides, and it’s a problem. It doesn’t happen in other countries (like mine) where the media is not (yet at least) owned by private people motivated to push a certain political view. Keeps things neutral and we all watch the same news reported in a much more fact driven, less opinion driven way. Your way (ie Fox News vs MSNBC) is terrifying and explains why people get so polarized.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You clearly did not read my post. I said:

I clearly said this happens on both sides, and it’s a problem. It doesn’t happen in other countries (like mine) where the media is not (yet at least) owned by private people motivated to push a certain political view. Keeps things neutral and we all watch the same news reported in a much more fact driven, less opinion driven way. Your way (ie Fox News vs MSNBC) is terrifying and explains why people get so polarized.
My apologies if that is not what you intended. Our way may not be perfect, but for me I would not want the state controlling what we see and hear or deciding what the facts are. I cannot remember where you live.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My apologies if that is not what you intended. Our way may not be perfect, but for me I would not want the state controlling what we see and hear or deciding what the facts are.

For what it’s worth, I don’t live in a communist country where the government controls the media and the content of its message. Our national station recieves guaranteed annual funding regardless of what party is in power, and whatever political party is in power has literally zero influence over the press (and our press actually delights in calling out the foibles on both sides). Our local stations are funded almost entirely by ad revenue and this is heavily regulated to avoid the partisan problems that you guys have in the US. I would say our system is more free than yours as evidenced by that shameful reading of the exact same message broadcast across stations a while back...your media message is clearly owned and controlled by people wanting to control the content. I’m not saying that stations on the other side are necessarily better (although to be fair, no one showed clips of liberal leaning stations all mouthing the same weird statement in unison), but it is problematic when someone (anyone) can so completely control what people see, hear, and think they know. It’s essentially brainwashing.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For what it’s worth, I don’t live in a communist country where the government controls the media and the content of its message. Our national station recieves guaranteed annual funding regardless of what party is in power, and whatever political party is in power has literally zero influence over the press (and our press actually delights in calling out the foibles on both sides). Our local stations are funded almost entirely by ad revenue and this is heavily regulated to avoid the partisan problems that you guys have in the US. I would say our system is more free than yours as evidenced by that shameful reading of the exact same message broadcast across stations a while back...your media message is clearly owned and controlled by people wanting to control the content. I’m not saying that stations on the other side are necessarily better (although to be fair, no one showed clips of liberal leaning stations all mouthing the same weird statement in unison), but it is problematic when someone (anyone) can so completely control what people see, hear, and think they know. It’s essentially brainwashing.
I agree most of the media cannot be trusted to give only the facts without punditry and one has to wade through it. It wasn't always this way. I avoid reporters or pundits that are blatantly bias. I guess we can each be happy where we are.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maureen Dowd was really good today. Sometimes she is (in my opinion.) Sometimes she isn't. Today she was lucid and really made her points. She has become increasingly disillusioned about Washington, after having seen it as a shining beacon in her youth. She fears that even when we understand history, we are doomed to repeat it. In the case of feminism we have gotten nowhere in terms of how the Judiciary Committee is going to treat the latest Clarence Thomas and Anita Hill.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/22/...e-blasey-ford-anita-hill-clarence-thomas.html

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would say the vast majority of news stations here are liberal leaning. And I have seen a few different clips like that with liberal stations.

The brainwashing is going on everywhere (interesting that you can see it but many here cannot). And apparently we cannot even trust the Weather Channel anymore. :nono: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Raise your hand if, like Brett Kavanaugh, you have held on to calendars/datebooks from your high school years; bonus points if yours too are paper & 30 to 35 years old!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
:wavey: Raise your hand if, like Brett Kavanaugh, you have held on to calendars/datebooks from your high school years; bonus points if yours too are paper & 30 to 35 years old!
Wow, I'm not at all sure I even have my diploma. :lol-2:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm going to leave this right here, mainly because I was beyond triggered after reading.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2018/09/21/knoblach-ends-campaign-amid-abuse-allegations

The words I do have aren't fit for polite company so I'll say no more.
I'm not even done reading the article and I have two things to say.

1. HOW MANY PEOPLE DID SHE HAVE TO TELL? (yes I yelled)

2. I don't know what is more upsetting. The fact that her father was doing this to her, or the fact that HER MOTHER, who she also told, "brushed it off". I have no words.... On second thought, I do. Lock them both up.

ETA That poor girl's got one messed up family. I wish her well.

Last edited:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would say the vast majority of news stations here are liberal leaning. And I have seen a few different clips like that with liberal stations.

The brainwashing is going on everywhere (interesting that you can see it but many here cannot). And apparently we cannot even trust the Weather Channel anymore. :nono: :rolleyes:

Ummm.... The weather channel is liberal? :lol::lol::lol::lol: OMG stop...........

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

All 52 year old’s keep calendars from when they were 17, just like a letter magically appears with 65 signatures from women who vouch for your character when you were young, immediately after you have been accused of sexual assault at 17.

@Arcadian , Did you also hear a Republican commentator on CNN (who was part of the Trump transition team) has been accused of putting an abortion inducing drug in his mistresses smoothie without her having knowledge of it. She was hospitalized and lost her baby. They are all against abortion unless they get the girlfriend pregnant while they are married.

I can hardly wait to see what the Republicans pull this week. How can anyone believe Dr. Ford’s testimony will be taken seriously while Mitch McConnell says two days ago Kavanaugh will be confirmed. They will probably accuse Dr. Ford of lying if she can’t remember the color of the room. Every woman fearing she may be raped and smothered notices the color of a room SMDH. I wish they would have a psychiatrist testify explaining how the brain remembers trauma.

Rant over

Last edited:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ummm.... The weather channel is liberal? :lol::lol::lol::lol: OMG stop...........
I never said that. Let's not put words in my mouth please. :)) I just said we apparently can't trust the Weather Channel.

But I do find it humorous that it is owned by The Weather Group, LLC, a subsidiary of Entertainment Studios, which was founded by comedian Byron Allen. :bigsmile:
hmmm.gif

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually got in a bit of faux sort of trouble at work because I kept every spiral steno book with every phone conversation notes I had for years. Before that I was the one who had all the notes and made the best unit log info. Just the way I am.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results