shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread July 31st to August 6th

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/4/2006 1:44:00 AM
Author: Mara
I worked out tonite too, I was a little tired feeling but I tried to push through. I got a little dizzy at the end, not sure if I stopped too quickly or what...but I hate that nausea feeling with lightheadedness ugh! Then I came home and did 200 jumping jacks...hahaa...extra punishment for all the crap I ate over the last two days!! Dinner was a chicken burrito from this local place...probably somewhat healthy but the burrito was huge. hehee. But I was starving!

Tomorrow night we are celebrating Greg''s birthday with friends, so that will be a full on Mexican meal with mega margaritas...but I hope to get a 2m walk in tomorrow before dinner. Maybe some more jumping jacks and then some situps to round it out for a home workout.
5.gif

Everyone is doing fabulously...!!
Mara......I''d guess you didn''t have enough carbs in your system to fuel the workout. I''ve had the same experience and each time when I took note of what I had eaten that day and just before the workout, I had not eaten enough. I keep a tub full of unprocessed almonds and natural raisins at home and work, so I can protein/carb up a bit before a workout. I also have Myoplex (light) Protein bars and I eat one just before a workout to ensure I have enough energy to get through my 2 hour session.

200 Jumping jacks after your workout. Wow, you must be doing pennance for your business trip........LOL. Keep up the good work, I''m betting your the most inshape lady of all your friends!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/4/2006 5:51:56 AM
Author: Lorelei
No gym this morning as it was closed, but we have been looking at free weights and might buy some of those to do some at home.

Foodwise has been going well, I have been eating carefully and simply this week due to the non smoking. It seems that smoking plays havoc with your blood sugar levels as I don't seem to get hungry suddenly any more, but more gradually and that is the only thing I can think of, a good thing.

We have to load 35 bales of hay later, so that will be today's workout!

Great job everyone, what a great week we have had and it is nearly the weekend!
36.gif
Mara wish Greg happy birthday from all of us and have a great meal and eat what you want - you deserve it!

* SMOKE FREE 7 DAYS*
You go Lorelei!!!!!!! I'm really proud of you and I most certainly know how incredibly difficult such an accomplishment is. Just remember the next time you walk up a flight of stairs or get on an elliptical how much easier it is to breath and how wonderful the air feels in your lungs.

Good advice about taking your cig money and getting yourself something nice. My diamond was a congratulations gift to myself for quitting. Do I hear upgrade in your future????!!!

Again, congratulations and please keep it going.

Your friend........

PS: I forgot to mention that...........TA DA...........Today is the actual one year anniversary of when I quit smoking. 12 full months without one relapse!!!!!! I know if I can make it an entire year, I can make it the rest of my life!!! I think I'll have a "Kiran Ichiban" at the sushi restaurant tonight to celebrate. Yummmmmmm

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/4/2006 9:21:20 AM
Author: hlmr
Congrats on reaching one week Lorelei!!! I love that you have that as your sig - perfect! Make sure you put your cigarette money away to save for a special treat/reward for yourself! You''d be surprised how quickly it will add up!

I am off for a brisk walk and am looking forward to the long weekend. Yesterday I had a bad food day - I just couldn''t let my craving for a Harvey''s cheeseburger go on any longer!
31.gif
I will get back on track today with healthy eating!

TG - I wish I had the gift of easy sleep! I struggle with insomnia sometimes and it is no fun. My father can fall asleep at the drop of a hat, as can my husband. Since you have trouble Rod, there goes my theory that men don''t have that problem!
2.gif
I do know lots of women that have trouble sleeping, but perhaps men don''t discuss it as much as women do.

Mara, a Happy Birthday to Greg! You must be going on your trip soon?
Yep, I know plenty of guys who have difficulty sleeping. I gave up trying to get a natural nights sleep long ago and I take "Simply Sleep" which is really Tylenol PM, without the Tylenol. Even when I feel ready for sleep, often by the time my head hits the pillow, my mind has started thinking about the day, what I didn''t complete, what needs to be done tomorrow and then I tend to toss and turn. I have a pretty stressful job, which affords a nice lifestyle, but sometimes the stress is a bit high. It''s one reason I love the gym. Such a stress buster exercise is!!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Hlmr and Rod for the praise - I DO deserve it
12.gif

As to an upgrade, I don''t think that will be happening somehow due to Hubby''s sensitive nerves
41.gif
, but I think I will gift myself with a nice bottle of Chanel perfume, most appropriate for a new non smoker don''t you think?
16.gif
I LIKE that my perfume lasts longer now, as some of you know I am a perfume addict, so this is another nice bonus! Just waiting to hear when we can go and toss hay bales around, there should be a difference there too!

Also my fights with naughty horse I will have a better chance of winning, when I try to clean his sore foot he sometimes snatches it away, I might have a better chance of hanging on to it with my renewed vigour which would surprise him! Another thing I notice is how much cleaner my teeth feel too, another bonus. I am having a bit of a hard time today cravings wise, had a few prolonged and nasty ones which nearly bent me double, but I fought and won. Soon they should be a thing of the past hopefully.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s amazing Lorelei how strong those cravings can be. Just know that within minutes they pass and over time (but be advised it takes months) they go away completely. I never have a craving anymore, but it''s been a whole year.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was so sudden, it was like " oh time for a cig!" then " I don't smoke anymore..." but it was scary as to how naturally the mindset came back - yay cig time!
8.gif
I think I might have a bit of a fight on my hands at times but I WILL WIN.

I found this great website to help quitters and it had an article that I found really helpful. It basically was a marriage ceremony between you and your master, cigarettes. You promise to deny your master nothing, miss interesting parts of movies if he calls, stand outside in bad weather if your master so chooses, spend your money on him when he dictates, you smell the way he decrees you do, and you promise to spend and waste as much of your life as possible with him, even when he turns on you and makes you ill.

It really inspired me, and it hit home. Also CONGRATS on your first smoke free anniversary Rod! What an achievement!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/4/2006 10:20:09 AM
It was so sudden, it was like '' oh time for a cig!'' then '' I don''t smoke anymore...'' but it was scary as to how naturally the mindset came back - yay cig time!
8.gif
I think I might have a bit of a fight on my hands at times but I WILL WIN.

I found this great website to help quitters and it had an article that I found really helpful. It basically was a marriage ceremony between you and your master, cigarettes. You promise to deny your master nothing, miss interesting parts of movies if he calls, stand outside in bad weather if your master so chooses, spend your money on him when he dictates, you smell the way he decrees you do, and you promise to spend and waste as much of your life as possible with him, even when he turns on you and makes you ill.

It really inspired me, and it hit home. Also CONGRATS on your first smoke free anniversary Rod! What an achievement!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Oh Thank You Lorelei.......One year from now, we''ll be celebrating your one year, plus one week anniversary too!!

Here are some stats to help you:

I''ve been told that the information below is up to date and accurate.

When you stop smoking you immediately start to accrue multiple health benefits.

Damage to the airways and blood vessels stops immediately.

Pulmonary function reductions stop immediately and may even improve slightly.

Danger of heart attack decreases to the level of a non-smoker within about one year.

The risk of lung cancer of a smoker is about 28X that of a never smoker. Risk ratio (RR)=28:1.

After smoking cessation, at 10 years, RR=approximately 50% less or 14:1 (relative to people who continue to smoke).

After 20 years RR is down to about 25% or RR=7:1.

Think about these stats the next time a craving comes over you. Also, making it 2 months is really important. Did you know that the cilia (the little fibrous hairs in your lungs that sweep debris away), actually die in smokers lungs? It takes about 2months for them to actually grow again in smoke free lungs. Isn''t the body amazing in its'' ability to regenerate itself??

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/4/2006 10:03:57 AM
12.gif

As to an upgrade, I don''t think that will be happening somehow due to Hubby''s sensitive nerves
41.gif
, but I think I will gift myself with a nice bottle of Chanel perfume, most appropriate for a new non smoker don''t you think?
16.gif
I LIKE that my perfume lasts longer now, as some of you know I am a perfume addict, so this is another nice bonus! Just waiting to hear when we can go and toss hay bales around, there should be a difference there too!

Also my fights with naughty horse I will have a better chance of winning, when I try to clean his sore foot he sometimes snatches it away, I might have a better chance of hanging on to it with my renewed vigour which would surprise him! Another thing I notice is how much cleaner my teeth feel too, another bonus. I am having a bit of a hard time today cravings wise, had a few prolonged and nasty ones which nearly bent me double, but I fought and won. Soon they should be a thing of the past hopefully.
Lorelei - congrats! 7 days is a great accomplishment! Just curious, but what is your favorite Chanel perfume?

Rod - 1 year! That is amazing! Enjoy your delicious dinner tonight!

I have no workouts to report, since I am waiting for my 5K this Sunday. I''ll let you all know how I do - wish me luck!

Have a great weekend all!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/4/2006 10:39:21 AM
Author: *~*Danielle*~*

Date: 8/4/2006 10:03:57 AM
12.gif

41.gif
16.gif

Lorelei - congrats! 7 days is a great accomplishment! Just curious, but what is your favorite Chanel perfume?

Rod - 1 year! That is amazing! Enjoy your delicious dinner tonight!

I have no workouts to report, since I am waiting for my 5K this Sunday. I''ll let you all know how I do - wish me luck!

Have a great weekend all!
Danielle.........I''ll be thinking about you Sunday and hoping you have a great time doing the 5K. Make sure you carb up Saturday night. That would be a great time to have the pasta dinner of your dreams!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Lorelei and Rod! Great milestones and a big congrats. Rod, you should have TWO Kirin Ichibans! (don''t you love ''em?)

Mara, happy birthday to Greg!

We are celebrating a milestone too this weekend. Some of you may know that my FI gave up everything to move from Australia to be with me. Moving to another town is hard, let alone another country/continent. It hasn''t always been easy, but this weekend we are celebrating his one year anniversary.
36.gif

It actually may be a big eating weekend, but I am determined not to blow it. I am going to do a workout this morning before I have the lovely pleasure of standing in line for who knows how long at the county clerk''s office for my marriage license!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/4/2006 10:57:59 AM
Author: TravelingGal
Yay Lorelei and Rod! Great milestones and a big congrats. Rod, you should have TWO Kirin Ichibans! (don't you love 'em?)

Mara, happy birthday to Greg!

We are celebrating a milestone too this weekend. Some of you may know that my FI gave up everything to move from Australia to be with me. Moving to another town is hard, let alone another country/continent. It hasn't always been easy, but this weekend we are celebrating his one year anniversary.
36.gif

It actually may be a big eating weekend, but I am determined not to blow it. I am going to do a workout this morning before I have the lovely pleasure of standing in line for who knows how long at the county clerk's office for my marriage license!
That's quite an accomplishment and how exciting for you to be able to get in that line!!
36.gif

PS: I would have two (thanks for the correct spelling btw) Kirin's, but I'm not much of a drinker and I'm afraid I'd get plastered with just two. I'll get a nice buzz from just one. Maybe, I should go ahead and get slightly plastered. I deserve it!!!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your one year smoke free anniversary Rockin' Rod!!! YAY!
36.gif
36.gif

TG - Wow, that's wonderful that your FI has the first year in a new town/country behind him. It is hard to adapt, but he did it for a wonderful reason!
emlove.gif
1.gif
2.gif
Congrats to both of you and happy celebrating!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh thank you thank you. I am pretty pleased with myself..........
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much Rod, TG, Danielle! Also Rod I will print and keep that list of benefits closeby to encourage me! It is good to know that even while it is hard, you do get some health benefits so quickly.

Danielle, my main fave Chanel perfume is #5, but I also love Cristalle, Allure and #19, another expensive habit of mine unfortunately
emembarrassed.gif
Now I know at least that I can actually smell the perfume and not the tobacco
14.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks guys, i will be sure to pass on your birthday wishes to Greg....yes heather we leave on sunday morning!! we are SOO excited, we both need a nice vacation away....i already made all our dinner reservations after doing some food research (my fave thing !! hehe) and the resort has a newly finished spa that houses a workout facility i think, so i need to call and find out what they have so that we can bring our stuff to use it maybe once or twice. palm springs is sooooo hot so if we want to go walking it has to be really early in morning or late at night.

the bikini is looking pretty good for the most part...i'm very happy with the changes in my body, sure i could still make some more...but it's definitely better than it was a few months ago or 6 months ago! there is a lot more definition in my arms and waist and back and also my legs are thinner, especially my thighs (woo hoo) and my butt is pretty darn trim which is a big deal as i tend to have a bit of a bubble butt...hehee. the only thing that still bugs me is the waist area...i have a short waist so an extra bit of weight there is a big deal to me visually. because i have long legs and long arms and then this short waist, it seems like that is where i notice everything first. so work will definitely continue on that area.
5.gif

GO LORELEI! you hang in there girl, we are rooting for you. and CONGRATS Rod on your one year! YAY!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mara! You are going to have a wonderful time and I hope you can find time to pop in and post occasionally, you know I enjoy reading about your meals when you are away! Don''t worry about the figure while you are in Palm Springs, you have worked so hard and you deserve to splurge!

It sounds like you are a similar shape to me with the short waist and long legs, being shortwaisted can be a pain. That why I love mid rise jeans so much, they don''t cut me in half like trad rise do
32.gif
It is the best when you have worked hard and are seeing the positive changes, it makes it so worthwhile.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep lorelei i love the pants that are low rise, that''s why i love those charlotte pants too....coverage but not too much of it. the last thing i need is extra material around my waist!!

our hotel in PS has wireless in the rooms so i am definitely bringing my laptop as i will need to keep in touch with work to ensure that things are going okay with my clients, and of course check into PS too.... hee hee. i made our ressies last nite for all the restaurants we are going to (we''re such foodies!)...and greg''s birthday dinner is at this awesome place that got rave reviews and the menu looks just divine. lobster potstickers anyone?!?! i''m going to see if the hotel can rustle us up a cake for that morning or something too, they are so accommodating, the concierge called me a few days ago to see if there was anything they could setup for us...i just love this place!! i''ll be sure to take lots of pictures too.

i figure if i can get a few walks in then i''ll feel fine with all the eating and drinking we will be doing. last year our bar/pool/restaurant tab was almost 2ce what our room cost!! hahaa.
5.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry Mara, as you are now my food guru, what are lobster potstickers please?
25.gif
Are they dripping in butter?
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2006 2:55:51 PM
25.gif
3.gif
I don''t know! I will report back to you next week. HAHA. All I know is ''lobster potstickers''. I would assume they are like regular pork potstickers but with lobster in them. Dough and lobster. YUM. hehe.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/4/2006 2:59:36 PM
Author: Mara

Date: 8/4/2006 2:55:51 PM
25.gif
3.gif
I don''t know! I will report back to you next week. HAHA. All I know is ''lobster potstickers''. I would assume they are like regular pork potstickers but with lobster in them. Dough and lobster. YUM. hehe.
They are and you must be prepared to be completely hooked once you''ve had them!!!! Yummmmmmmm to the highest degree!!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aha! So Sir Rod has had them, if he approves then they must be yummy!

Well no workout yet today as we don't do gym on weekends, but we are maybe going to look at little dumbells today so we can do some weights at home. Hubby is thinking of one of those weight machines, but I am undecided at the moment. Maybe he has visions of looking like Charles Atlas?
23.gif
I think I would prefer the small dumbells for me, but am open to a machine.

I have been doing some stretching exercises every day and they do help to relieve any stiffness. Funny thing was, as the gym was closed yesterday I really missed my workout and I felt achey and uncomfortable all day. Not bad for a gal with scoliosis!!! However I was bad yesterday and skipped dinner and didn't eat anything in the evening, this nicotine gum seems to be really subduing my appetite. I must not make a habit of it.

* smoke free 8 days*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results