shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread July 31st to August 6th

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock

Rod,

I was only teasing you about the ''stretch, stretch, stretch'' routine. your advice is INVALUABLE... I just knew that would be the absolute 1st thing you''d say I appreciate it all!

Actually, what was funny was that I got the toe cramps today while I was doing weight training. I think it was during quads and hamstrings that it hit. So I wasn''t even on my feet when it happened... BIZARRE! And usually it happens when I''m swimming, so no shoes. Not sure what''s going on there.

My sneakers? I''m actually on my 3rd pair of the same ones - Salamon TechAmphibians... Sounds strange, since they''re not really meant to be running sneakers. But they''re incredibly comfortable, fit well (despite some whacky foot injuries I''ve had), and don''t chafe at all despite the fact I never wear socks. Okay, I know that''s a big no-no, but I went all through middle school, high school and college playing soccer in cleats ... without socks. I''m crazy, yes, but it''s what I''m used to!

So I''ll keep investigating this whole toe-cramping phenomenon...

Aussiegirl : p

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, you guys keep me going. I splurged and had sushi tonight, but I had to have it and didn''t eat too much. Then FI and I went out for an hour walk.

As of Saturday''s "weigh in" I had lost 4-5 pounds in the last 3 weeks. But after this weekend, I think part of that is kaput! Back on the wagon I go. 10 more pounds to go....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
actually aussie my toes cramp when i flex them or stretch them too much...they actually spasm and it's very painful...like i can't get them to relax. but it hasn't happened in a really long time..i don't know what changed!! just try to massage them when they get sore..hehe.

tonite i went to class...i was sore but i plugged through...i wasn't feeling super energetic today either. lunch was egg whites in a tortilla and someone had a birthday so i had a piece of white cake with whipped frosting and fresh strawberries, not too bad i guess as far as a small cake splurge goes. then for dinner we had sushi...some tuna rolls, some shrimp rolls, a few fresh items...yum!

tomorrow i leave for a business trip, just a short one, but i know there is going to be eating eating eating...and i wont be able to work out til thurs again. but we'll be doing tons of walking on wednesday at the show...so it won't be so bad. hehee. i will try to do a little hotel room workout tomorrow night just for fun.

go travelin gal...you sound like are doing fab!!!

oh and on the shoe tip...i got some new shoes this weekend at the nordstrom anni sale, the nike free shoes in pink and brown, too cute!! they are for running, walking, cross training and the cool thing is that the shoe has like a serrated sole so that when you bend your foot, the sole moves along with your foot. it's not a solid sole. it feels pretty interesting on...but supposedly they are an awesome shoe. so we'll see. i had to order 1/2 size larger in the pink and brown so i should have it this week. i can't wait to try them out. my old shoes are pretty shot!

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Mara,

Jumping jacks pack in a suitcase pretty well, no? Hope you have a good trip... we''ll be picturing you all alone in your hotel room, doing jumping jacks... and I''ve always wondered... do you keep your toe rings on during kick boxing????
41.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lisa, WW welcome men with open arms - well they do here - and it could be a great thing for Hubby. One of the things I do to help mine is to pack his lunch for him. He has wholegrain bread ( 4 slices) a little mustard for example, turkey or ham, a V8 drink, 2 or 3 fruits and one of those Jello sugar free puddings. This way he can pick at that all day and he doesn't get too hungry. WW do teach a points system as you say, this way you can tailor the days food around what you are doing, home or eating out etc.

With restaurents, I have read that it is easiest to order something which is plain and freshly cooked - herb omelette, grilled steak, chicken , fish etc but no sauce. This saves a lot of hidden calories, also to watch the salad dressings.

Did the usual this morning, had Hubby shouting at me for the last few mins on the elliptical making me push as hard as I could on level 15
32.gif
Anyway I did it!

Rod thanks for the encouragement for the smoking. I don't think I would be doing so well if it wasn't for the gym as you get tangible results quickly than if you just sit on the couch with the remote. I have a few extra helps, I never smoked in the house or my car so I was disciplined with that. I just need to find a 'comfort' substitute for when I get stressed - which is often! I too am determined I am not going to gain an ounce with quitting, it's not negotiable!

Thanks for the congrats Mara! I know it will be so worth it in the end.

ETA - Rod I really do admire your dedication and willpower, how you have lost all that weight, got superfit AND quit smoking!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2006 3:01:05 PM
Author: Rod
WOW........7 mile run, even 5 mile run is a long long run. I recently started running and made it a measly 3 miles and thought I was doing something great. But 7 miles? That''s marathon territory.........
36.gif
Rod, I''m in training for a half marathon in September, so I need to run a lot more than 7 miles! But I''m working my way slowly up to 13 miles. I didn''t get to do a long run last night because the road to the park I run in was closed. So, I just ran a normal 3 mile run. Tonight I''m going to run at least an hour and hope to run an hour and 15 minutes. I''m trying to work my way up to running for 2 hours. Six weeks to the half marathon! I hope I can do it!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/1/2006 6:26:46 AM
Author: coda72

But I''m working my way slowly up to 13 miles.
Heck Coda - you go girl!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
mara: those split-sole shoes, i didn''t know nike makes them. i took hip-hop for several years and the shoes that are worn are split-soled. they are awesome! better than tennis shoes any day! i was actually talking to my cousin this weekend about them. she hates tennis shoes and was wondering if there was an alternative that she could use at the gym. i said well my fave. are my hip-hop shoes. maybe i could mention these nike ones. sounds like the perfect solution.

just got back from the gym and my morning workout. 3 miles/30 minutes on the elliptical. i did low incline then all the way up, low and then all the way up and finished at a low incline. after i did a little bit of weights using the leg machines.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/31/2006 11:04:33 PM
Author: aussiegirl23

Rod,

I was only teasing you about the ''stretch, stretch, stretch'' routine. your advice is INVALUABLE... I just knew that would be the absolute 1st thing you''d say I appreciate it all!

Actually, what was funny was that I got the toe cramps today while I was doing weight training. I think it was during quads and hamstrings that it hit. So I wasn''t even on my feet when it happened... BIZARRE! And usually it happens when I''m swimming, so no shoes. Not sure what''s going on there.

My sneakers? I''m actually on my 3rd pair of the same ones - Salamon TechAmphibians... Sounds strange, since they''re not really meant to be running sneakers. But they''re incredibly comfortable, fit well (despite some whacky foot injuries I''ve had), and don''t chafe at all despite the fact I never wear socks. Okay, I know that''s a big no-no, but I went all through middle school, high school and college playing soccer in cleats ... without socks. I''m crazy, yes, but it''s what I''m used to!

So I''ll keep investigating this whole toe-cramping phenomenon...

Not strange to me at all. I wear them myself. I actually alternate between my Saloman''s and my running shoes to give them both breathing rooom. I do wear socks though, as I would develope blisters on the elliptical big time without them. Sorry I don''t have any additional ideas about the toe cramps. Sounds like a visit to the orthopaedic may be in order
33.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Lorelei!!! The gym provided the tangible results I needed to see to help me stay non smoking. I know it can work for you too. You just have to WANT it!! And from what I see, you do WANT it. You''ll be in my thoughts.

Coda.......how impressive. Running 2 hours seems impossible, so I offer loads of congratulations and encouragement. I went for a 3 mile run last night. Had trouble getting into it at first, but hit a nice stride after a while and it felt good. I haven''t run further than 3 miles, but I want to do a 5K this year. I''ve never done anything like that before and just feel I need to.

Mara, traveling can be very difficult to maintain healthy patterns. Eating hotel fare is often fattening and most hotels have fitness equipment that is often disappointing. I do have this mental image of you in your room doing hundreds and hundreds of jumping jacks!!

To all a great Tuesday!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really do want to quit Rod, I feel the time is right...I no longer want to smell like an ashtray, be unfit and wheeze, destroy my skin and health. I am truly full of admiration for you quitting cold turkey, the gum is helping me tremendously - I don''t think I could do it without anything. I think the gym is a major factor in my success so far, even though it hasn''t been long. For a long time I think the fear of gaining weight was stopping me from quitting, now I have the gym I am confident if I eat right and continue to exercise that I won''t gain any at all. I do miss the ''comfort'' I had from cigarettes, but know that in a few weeks that will wear off. My main problem is going to be coping with stressful moments without them, but I can do it!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/1/2006 11:16:33 AM
Author: Lorelei
I really do want to quit Rod, I feel the time is right...I no longer want to smell like an ashtray, be unfit and wheeze, destroy my skin and health. I am truly full of admiration for you quitting cold turkey, the gum is helping me tremendously - I don't think I could do it without anything. I think the gym is a major factor in my success so far, even though it hasn't been long. For a long time I think the fear of gaining weight was stopping me from quitting, now I have the gym I am confident if I eat right and continue to exercise that I won't gain any at all. I do miss the 'comfort' I had from cigarettes, but know that in a few weeks that will wear off. My main problem is going to be coping with stressful moments without them, but I can do it!
You just get on a plane, fly here to Tampa and let me take you to the "Bodies" exhibit at the museum. It's a rather controversial exhibit as the bodes were once all living human beings who have been displayed rather uniquely to show various parts of the human anatomy. One in particular, "The Smoker" really hits home. The lung is black and disgusting. Smokers often walk up to the display and remove their cigarettes and leave them right there on the counter. Hopefully, some of them who do that actually become non smokers. The cold turkey quit was difficult, but I was so determined this time. Just know that as time goes on, the cravings diminish considerably. Now a year later, I don't think about them much. I must admit it's hard when I go to Starbucks for coffee and sit outside and see all the smokers enjoying their cigarettes and coffee. And, at the same time it's a bit sad to see how many young good looking people smoke. I mean come on, chances are you, like myself grew up in a time when smoking wasn't such an awful thing. But today, with all the education about the dangers of smoking that any healthy looking people would smoke seems unfortunate. I've actually seen buff guys from the gym, who are really muscular, step out of the gym and light up a cigarette. Now, that's just plain stupid to me.

Anyway, I know you can do this Lorelei. I've never met you, but you've become a friend to me and I want you to live a healthy, wheeze free life!! As the Nike ads say..........Just Do It!!!

ps: There's nothing worse than a reformed smoker. We evangelize too much!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol Rod well I am actually sharing my hotel room with a girlfriend from work, so she''d probably die of a fit of laughter if I really did the jumping jacks in the room, but I am tempted...maybe while she is downstairs getting a drink or something, hee hee. otherwise your mental image would most likely be spot on!!

lorelei, you are really doing the right thing for your body by quitting smoking, especially since you are getting so fit and healthy. it doesn''t make sense to be doing all these other positive things for your body and not that one big one. i''m sure it''s very difficult, but hang in there gal!!! if you can work that elliptical, you can do quit smoking too!

jcrow, yeah i hadn''t seen these shoes before either...i was just browsing (hee hee) the nordstroms sale and i have kind of been on the lookout for shoes and i saw these pink and brown ones and thought they were adorable! and then the sole was kind of a bonus because i often feel like my shoes are too heavy or don''t move enough with me, especially for kickboxing. so i found out they were for crosstraining and fine for running/walking so i figured well why not. cute and only $55? hehee. so i''m excited. they are on the nordstrom website if your friend wants to check them out. they are called the Nike Free shoes.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara cute shoes! Have a great business trip and who cares if your roomie thinks you''re weird for doing jumping jacks? It''s your ass that''s lookin good, not hers!
2.gif

Rod, that is great that you quit smoking. I can''t imagine how hard that is to do. My FI used to smoke (although more socially than anything). He hasn''t had a cig since he''s been here, which will be a year this month. Living in California helps, since you just can''t smoke anywhere. Lorelei, you can do it!

Coda, you will be able to do it, no problem. From 7 miles on, it''s amazing how you will stretch. Your body is already being accustomed to do long distances efficiently. You should not stop after the half marathon but continue training for the full. It''s horrifying how quickly your body gets out of running shape. It''s only been 5 months since I''ve run my marathon and I can barely now do 4 or 5 miles without really feeling it.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, I saw those shoes and was tempted to buy them, but I read on the box that it takes a while to get used to them. I think I read that they recommend wearing them around the house for a while? Please let us know how they feel once you get them.

Lorelei, quitting smoking is hard, and I admire you for working on it (and Rod for quitting successfully!). I''ve never been a smoker myself, but I have observed that ex-smokers have a tendency to slowly turn into social smokers, and then, they''re regular smokers again. So be careful and don''t give in to temptation, especially since you''re doing so well.

For those of you running marathons, I have no idea how you guys manage to do that. I need to learn patience and endurance.

As for my own workout, it''s a new week after a vacation, and I ran 3.5 miles on the treadmill yesterday at 1.5 incline. Took me about 35 minutes, which I know is slow, but I''m slowly working my way up there. I also did some leg exercises, the inner thighs are the absolute worse areas to try to slim down; no matter what I do, they''re there. My legs look like turkey drumsticks.

I''ll be hitting the gym later tonight for another workout, and for dinner, I''m going to have a spinach and feta peasant pie and a baked chicken thigh. I''ve found that if I constantly graze throughout the day, I actually consume less calories than if I were to eat three big meals a day, so that''s been helping.

And I''ve FINALLY lost enough weight so that other people notice, and the first thing they say to me is to comment on how much thinner I look now, so YAY! Wouldn''t have been able to do it without this thread.

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
ROD - AVERT YOUR EYES... this post may be WAY too girly for you
25.gif
And for the rest of you, I know this isn''t typical Weekly Workout material, but I was curious! Okay, RANDOM question for all you girls... and boys too if you so choose!

Do you ever run or go to the gym in just your sports bra? Ever feel like you''re getting stared at because of that
29.gif
!?

It''s been super, oober hot around here (and everywhere I think), so I''ve let down my guard a little and started working out without my usual tank top. I mean it''s MUCH cooler that way, and when it''s like 99 out, and not much cooler in the gym, this helps a lot. I guess it''s just strange because I never feel like I get looked at when I''m at the gym (and that''s the way I LIKE it), until now. Can''t we just go to the gym to work out? When and WHY has it become yet another place to cruise looking at chicks and staring at them
29.gif
!!???

Yes, I''m ranting, but just wanted to see if anyone else has had this experience. BTW, I don''t feel like I''m wearing anything particularly revealing or skimpy -- no tight leggings, just shorts and a sports bra with plenty of coverage.

Rod, SORRY to put SUCH a girl thing on here... Or perhaps you''ll have an interesting perspective with this. Are you guilty of such deeds??
31.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Aussiegirl, no, I never wear just my sports bra, precisely because I feel like the gym is somewhat of a meat market. I try to look as unattractive as possible. My usual outfit is a black/gray wifebeater with workout capris and sneakers. Boys will be boys, and they will look, no matter what. One time, I was at the gym with my bf, and as I walked by the weight area, all sweaty and gross, my bf saw a guy that dropped his keys because the guy was too busy watching me walk by and missed his pants pocket. Flattering? No, not in that setting. Grossed out? Yeah, because I''m there to WORK OUT, not to look pretty, and guys sometimes just don''t seem to get that. They need to understand that that''s what weekends and make up and pretty clothing with heels are for.

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Cinderella,

I know the feeling of dressing to "unimpress..." and that''s my usual approach. It''s just been the heat - really, running outdoors has been BRUTAL recently, and I was simply trying to find a way to cool down a bit. I guess this is just a truly BAD idea, no ifs, ands or buts about it.

STINKS that boys can''t grow up a bit
7.gif

Thanks for the input... Also, anybody have favorite workout clothes? I recently discovered NIKE''S DRI-FIT, which helps a lot to keep you cool, whick away sweat, etc... but it''s still clothing, and still keeps you warmer.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Aussie,

if it''s been that hot, just wear whatever feels comfortable for you to work out in. I know, easier said than done, especially if your outfit''s garnering unwanted attention, but I''d personally rather be nice and cool than hot and stuffy, especially since you know you''re going to be sweaty and hot from your workout.

Yeah, it sucks that boys can''t grow up, but that''s why women are there to keep them in check!
9.gif
11.gif

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Cinderella,

I guess it''s an accomplishment (at least for me) to feel in-shape enough to go out w/ only the sports bra... NEVER would have considered such a thing 6 months ago. YAY for life changes
9.gif

Also, is the spinach & feta peasant pie commercial? Relatively healthy? Do tell... sounds yummy!

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
I think they sell the pie at Whole Foods, and only in California. Are you in Australia? (Just assumption based on your user name.)

Just in case you are in California, here''s the link to their website and locations where they sell it: http://www.peasantpies.com/piesNearYou.html

And congrats on being comfy and confident enough to wear the sports bra! I''m too freaking jiggly to even attempt that. It''ll be like the Simpsons episode where they had Homer running on a treadmill. "Why are you still testing him?" "His jiggling''s hypnotic."

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Nope, the Aussie part of the name is because of my two Australian Shepherds... (like Blue in my Avatar). I''m not Australian : ) There are pictures of my babies somewhere - I think last week''s Weekly Workout thread?

I have whole foods near me, but we''re not in CA... too bad : (

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the encouragement with the smoking guys! It really helps a lot! Well I am on day 5 today and I must admit it is getting easier - ALREADY??
33.gif
33.gif
I am not thinking about it anywhere near as much, also this morning I didn't have my gum before the gym session, so that too is progress, I didn't feel as if I wanted the gum. So I am sticking with it and feeling pleased with myself!

Rod I LOVE things like the Bodies museum, actually I did want to go into medicine at one time and work in pathology etc. That must be a really fascinating place and I can imagine the smoke destroyed lung has a profound effect on many smokers.

I remember my first cigarette, there was a brand called Players No 6 and you could get them from machines in the street in the early seventies. I went to the park with some friends, giggling we bought a pack of Players from the machine and turned green sharing the pack of 10 between us
emotion-41.gif
This went on with the occasional cigarette at discos and at the cinema etc until one day I found myself craving them. That was it - I was hooked. Also most people DID smoke then and in the eighties, it was known to be bad for you but it was more the accepted thing. I too cringe when I see young people smoking, I want to rush up to them and shake them and make them see sense, but they probably wouldn't any more than I did. I think that is the key, you have to try to stop negative thoughts sabotaging you( which has been my problem) and really want to do it. I know in my heart this time will be different, I don't know why, I just feel ready. Also I can think of you too Rod and think if it is tough for me, you did it cold turkey!!!
36.gif
36.gif

I had a bit of a sluggish workout today, did 30 mins on the elliptical but I must admit I was lacking a bit of 'something' today, I feel a bit tired and Wednesday's workouts are always the hardest for some reason....

Also I have given up my yogurts for the moment, just to make sure I have cut calories further as I am not smoking
16.gif
I am determined not to gain any weight!

Great job everyone!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I''m a bit discouraged after last night. After running about 4 or so miles, I just lost it. I wasn''t breathing too hard, my muscles felt fine, but mentally I just didn''t feel like running anymore. So, I turned around and did mostly walking interspersed with a little running on the way back. I don''t know what happened. Somehow training for a ten mile race just wasn''t this hard. I don''t know if I''m ever going to be able to do 13 miles. My husband just thinks the heat and humidity got to me. It was almost 100 yesterday with very high humidity. Usually heat and humidity don''t bother me that much. But maybe it bothered me more than I thought. I wish I could run on a track in an airconditioned room, but I don''t know any gyms in my area that have tracks. I couldn''t imagine running high mileage on a treadmill. I get so bored after 3 miles on the treadmill, I just know there''s no way I could do it. I''m not sure what I''m going to do, but I guess I''ll keep running shorter runs until it cools down a bit. I think this weekend is supposed to be a little cooler, so I''ll try going out in the morning for a long run.

TravelingGal and everyone else, thanks for the encouragement on the running, I just wish I could do 7 miles right now!
Lorelei, congratulations ons stopping smoking, and good luck in keeping it going!

It sounds like everyone''s having a good workout week, so keep up the good work.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Coda! Don''t worry, running out of steam even with very fit folk like yourself seems to be common - it could well have been the heat and humidity that hit you. Wait and try again when it cools down some, you will do it!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
YAY!!! for you Lorelei!!! You are doing such an awesome thing for your body!!!
36.gif
36.gif

I am a former spoker too! I quit cold turkey many years ago and used to smoke Export A (green package) when I was 10 years old!!! Isn't that shocking to be so young!?!? A lot of my friends smoked, and I always had money because I babysat and delivered newspapers. We would hide the pack of smokes in the woods and share them.
I quit twice, once for a year and a half and then again about 8 years ago. It totally disgusts me now what I used to do to my lungs, and how awful my hair/clothes/breath would smell!

I would chew minty or cinnamon gum and brush my teeth all the time to keep my mouth occupied and feeling clean. It is so true that you have to be ready to quit, and so I know you can do it! Congratulations!!!!! You are a
emstar.gif
!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei.......I too will think of you and know that you will be successful and anytime you feel you need encouragement, you can turn to me. I remember my first smoke too. I thought I was so coooool and grown up. I remember buying my first pack. I was 16 and bought them from a vending machine while on vacation with my parents. I spent the rest of the vacation trying to sneak away from my folks and have a smoke. So grown up and mature, was I........Not. But I quickly became hooked and spent the next 30 years ashamed as I knew it was a nasty health risking addiction. I have quit so many times over the years, and my resolve was steadfast, only to be eroded in a matter of days. I had promised to quit by my 30th birthday. Then my 40th. Then, finally in my 50th year, I finally did it. And now after a full year, I know I will never go back.

Coda........don''t feel bad because you ended your run at 4 miles. There are many times I''ve begun a workout with full resolve and just pooped out. There will without question be times you''re mind or body isn''t up to it. Don''t be discouraged. I believe our bodies are telling us something when we aren''t fully ready to go as far as we thought we would.

I hope everyone has a nice Wednesday.

ps: Aussiegirl...........I''ve never seen any ladies in my gym in their workout bra''s either.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for the encouragement Hlmr! Wow, you did brilliantly to quit as you did!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I think I gave cigarettes more credit than they actually deserved
14.gif
thinking they helped to keep me calm and relieve my anxiety, what a load of tripe! I really do feel ready to quit, I don''t want these stupid things in my life anymore. I want to get healthy, live longer and smell better. I have been brushing my teeth all the time too as this really helps. I have been noticing things like coffee tastes weird, the flavour is very pronounced, but I suppose that is my poor suffocated taste buds reactivating! However I can smell my perfume more which is a nice perk, and I am no longer coughing and spluttering!

Many kudos to you for quitting TWICE cold turkey, you must have some serious willpower like Rod! Again thanks so much for the encouragement to all of you, it truly does help me
emrose.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know Rod, the folly of youth thinking we looked mature and cool with a cigarette hanging out of our mouths
20.gif
When I think of the lengths I used to go to try to hide it as well, fumigating myself with nasty cheap body sprays, toothpaste on the fingers to get rid of the smell and stains, blah blah blah.....I am really beginning to think that the battle is more mental than physical, they say the nicotine addiction is over after 24 hours...seems kind of fishy to me but maybe it is true
34.gif
I am still not thinking about cigs much, get the odd fast craving which whooshes through me, but it goes fast thank goodness. I really think this time will be different and I will succeed. I no longer WANT to smoke, it would be easy to do it, but no longer worth it to me, I want to be free of it once and for all.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
So, yesterday I couldn''t believe that no one had started the thread and so I started one. Woops! I was then informed that it had been moved here. Guess that''s what happens when you don''t post all the time.
Anyway, my week has been going well. I am feeling very conscious of what I eat this week and making my workout goal (since it''s been awhile since I did that). I have worked out 2 days so far and today will be my 3rd. My goal for this week is 4 days, although w/you guys doing so well, I may have to push myself to 5. I feel like I say this all the time, but.... you guys are doing so well!! I am really inspired to stop being so darned lazy and just go workout! THANKS!

I''ve also been increasing my water intake. Of course, I forgot my water bottle today so I have to go buy one. I have so many in the fridge but forgot to bring one.
38.gif
My eating is also going well. I am having a hard time figuring out what to eat though. I just can''t think of anything easy to eat that''s also healthy, so that means more cooking for me. Some days I just really, really don''t want to. Again, the laziness and I''m working on that!

Lorelei, just wanted to send out some positive vibes on the quitting smoking. I am sure that is tough but you CAN do it! Two of my grandparents passed away from smoking. My grandfather got lung cancer from cigars and my grandmother got emphzyma (sp?) and could barely breathe or walk. It was very sad. Sorry for the sad story but keep up the great work!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results