shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread, August 7-12

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
And dixie - I thought about taking the stairs up to our main office today, does that count too?
2.gif
We can do it!!
JCJD, I forgot all about walking those stairs today! Darn it! Ok, I''m not *that* upset but thanks for the reminder. Ok, let''s try it tomorrow!
Now, I have to convince myself to workout tonight.
40.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone, just chiming in really quick to say hello to my fellow workout buddies! You all are sounding so positive!

Dixie, I''m proud of you for sticking with your workouts! Good job on going for a run with your sweetie, even if you weren''t "together" the entire time, you were both working towards a fitness goal together, and that is not only physically healthy, but an intimacy-builder as well!

Mara, I''m impressed that you find the strength to work out when you''re not feeling so well. I never have been the type to do more than get out of bed to go to work when I''m ill--forget about working out! Good thing I don''t get sick too often, ha ha. On the treadmill incline: one of the best things you can do to build strength and endurance is uphill walking/jogging...I learned that when I was training for the marathon walk I did in June. The incline really helps you get to the fat burning zone (when you get to the point where you can just barely carry on a conversation while you''re walking). The first thing one of the trainers at my gym told me when I came for orientation last October was that if you''re not setting the treadmill at an incline, you''re not going to get your heart rate high enough (well, unless you''re running). I like using the setting where you''re at a 1-2 incline for a couple minutes, then the incline goes up steeply, then down again, and so forth. It''s great for building endurance and keeping you in a fat-burning zone.

JCJD, my office manager is doing a 6-week challenge at her gym and the trainer has her class using workout bands along with the treadmill--I guess they loop them around the arm rails and do arm workouts while they are walking...she says it''s a really great workout. It seems like it would be more stable than using free weights. I know sometimes when I''m really going (don''t laugh!) strong I reach for my water bottle and it can break my stride and cause me to be a bit off balance, lol!

Rod, your "pet peeves" post had me rolling!
9.gif
The one that got me was the young children on wheels...why do I seem to draw them like flies? I''ll be going along minding my business and suddenly 4-5 kids on skateboards/bikes/rollerblades will dart right into my path causing me to nearly have a heart attack! There''s a reason they call it a "sideWALK."
20.gif
9.gif

Everyone''s doing a fantastic job! Whoo hoo!
36.gif
35.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2006 3:34:58 PM
Author: JCJD
Jcrow - I feel so motivated by your post! While I was on my little running kick in college I just loved it, and it was probably the most effective aerobic workout I''ve ever done, in terms of inches lost. But my poor knees just can''t handle it without expert intervention and I had to stop. Keep up the good work girl!!
Last night I ate very well for dinner - couscous with steamed veggies and chickpeas with a tiny bit of butter, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder, cayenne, and basil (I''m a vegetarian). And then I had 2 slice of banana bread for dessert... at least I made the bread with whole wheat flour!

REALLY good to hear it was very effective for you!! i hope it will be the same for me. and inches, oh i''d love that! bye bye i say!

running was sorta wierd a first, like my body didn''t know what to do. after a bit, i got the hang of it and i had a rhythm going. i can''t wait to try again tomorrow!

mum, sounds like you had a yummy dinner last night!

last night i had miso soup - gosh i''ve been craving that lately!! and popcorn. not too nutritional huh?!
then tonight we splurged with sushi. we split a special roll and shared a cucumber/crab stick/asparagus mini salad. then we finished it off with yummy dark chocolate! mum.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2006 8:37:06 PM
Author: monarch64
... On the treadmill incline: one of the best things you can do to build strength and endurance is uphill walking/jogging...I learned that when I was training for the marathon walk I did in June. The incline really helps you get to the fat burning zone (when you get to the point where you can just barely carry on a conversation while you''re walking). The first thing one of the trainers at my gym told me when I came for orientation last October was that if you''re not setting the treadmill at an incline, you''re not going to get your heart rate high enough (well, unless you''re running). I like using the setting where you''re at a 1-2 incline for a couple minutes, then the incline goes up steeply, then down again, and so forth. It''s great for building endurance and keeping you in a fat-burning zone.
wow! more pluses to incline walking!!

what i started off doing on the treadmill was for every two minutes go up 1 full incline (from 0 to 1). sometimes i''d go up a full incline every minute. then i''d work my way down till i had walked 30 minutes. what i love about that is that it gives you something to do. before you know it, you''ve gone 30 minutes. it''s awesome.

then, like i mentioned before, to mix it up, i started going 5 minutes flat, 5 on high incline and repeating.
and now i have something new... running a bit.

i don''t always do the treadmill either. occasionally-at least once a week- i jump on the elliptical. on that, i start off low where all my leg muscles are being used. then after about 5 minutes, i go all the way up to the highest incline to where all my leg muscles are being used again. then the last five minutes i go back down to the lower level.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMOKE FREE 13 DAYS!
36.gif
36.gif

Thanks for the encouragement Mara and everyone! I am winning for sure!

Well, I had a bit of a problem working out this morning.
40.gif
I did the crosstrainer for 30 mins like I normally do, then hopped on the treadmill to do a fat burn for 15 mins, but I was only able to do 8 mins as I started feeling faint and having tunnel vision. I then broke out into a cold sweat and had to stop. So I don''t know what happened, I hadn''t eaten anything prior to gym as we go so early and don''t normally eat anyway, I had been drinking my water, so I haven''t a clue...The only thing I can think of is I have been pushing much harder on the crosstrainer since I quit smoking, so maybe it is that. Anyway I feel fine now, I think it is just one of those things.

Sorry to hear you have a cold Mara, typical - the minute you get a break along comes a germ to ruin things
14.gif
I hope you feel better soon!

Great job everyone!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei- glad to hear you are ok now. hopefully it was just a one time thing. did you eat last night as you normally do? same amount and time? dunno.

hello all,

i feel so great this morning!! i went to the gym and walked 5 minutes on the tread to warm up. then i bumped those mphs up to running speed. i ran for 5 minutes- 2 of those minutes was on 2 incline. then i went back down to a fast walked. i also upped the incline to 5 and walked very fast until i had been on the tread for 38 minutes. then i went to 3.3 mphs and walked. my total time on the treadie was 40 minutes
9.gif
the most ever in a VERY long time
36.gif

another good thing for me -- after i come down from running, i notice when i bring the speed down to my normal 4.2, it''s too slow! so i end up walking much faster than normal.

oh-- and another good thing- i had a friend that i ended up chatting with on the treadie. she started her workout as i was coming down from running. after running, we chatted the whole time. so, not only was i walking faster than normal, and on an incline, but i was fully chatting too. i never got winded!! yeah!! chatting also allowed me to do 40 minutes with the time FLYING by!!

i wanted to mention another tip that''s helped me. i have a calendar/planner that i have with me at work everyday. i live by it! well, each day i work out, i put a little note in my calendar. here''s my code- c is for cardio, w is for weights, followed by the time. so my code today would be c:40. this helps me SOOOOOO much! i love being able to look at my month and either shake my head or cheer for a job well done.

how''s everyone else doing?
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know what it was that made me feel that way this morning Jcrow, hopefully it was a one off
14.gif

I was wondering, does anyone know anything about Pilates? I was reading how it is good for flexibility and lengthening muscles, so I thought it might be a good addition to my cardio. TIA
9.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2006 6:25:01 AM
Author: Lorelei
SMOKE FREE 13 DAYS!
36.gif
36.gif

Thanks for the encouragement Mara and everyone! I am winning for sure!

Well, I had a bit of a problem working out this morning.
40.gif
I did the crosstrainer for 30 mins like I normally do, then hopped on the treadmill to do a fat burn for 15 mins, but I was only able to do 8 mins as I started feeling faint and having tunnel vision. I then broke out into a cold sweat and had to stop. So I don''t know what happened, I hadn''t eaten anything prior to gym as we go so early and don''t normally eat anyway, I had been drinking my water, so I haven''t a clue...The only thing I can think of is I have been pushing much harder on the crosstrainer since I quit smoking, so maybe it is that. Anyway I feel fine now, I think it is just one of those things.

Sorry to hear you have a cold Mara, typical - the minute you get a break along comes a germ to ruin things
14.gif
I hope you feel better soon!

Great job everyone!
You need to eat Lorelei!!! This has happened to me twice and in both situations, I was pushing too hard with too little fuel in the engine. Likely your electrolytes became completely depleted. When you ever feel this way, you need to stop immediately and refuel. HEAR ME????????

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
I''m feeling a little down this morning b/c last night all I did was leg lifts. I got home late and couldn''t bring myself to do any cardio.
7.gif
And not so sure it''ll happen today given my schedule this evening. I am going to try and work myself up to it tonight though b/c I haven''t completed my goal and am going out of town this weekend.

So ladies and gentleman, tell me all the good stuff you''ve been doing. I need a little inspiration!

Lorelei, great job on 13 days!! Sorry to hear you had a hard morning. Makes sense though if you''ve been pushing yourself a bit harder. Maybe your body just needed a bit of rest before getting back to routine.

Monarch, thanks for the nice things you said. Now I really need to make myself workout tonight to live up to it! How are your workouts going this week?

Jcrow, you''re doing a great job!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes Sir
emembarrassed.gif
Hubby thought that was what it was too. I have cut out my yoghurts as you know in case there is a deficit with my metabolism with not smoking to avoid gaining weight, but I suppose thinking about it I have been very rigid with my food recently. I must try and eat something before I go to the gym again, that was not a nice feeling. Especially now as without the cigs I can really push it on the machines now, I guess I don't have any fuel and am running on empty.

Thanks for the encouragement too Dixie. You can do this, any exercise is better than none, sometimes it is easier to find the time than others, but you are doing great! Even if it is a few minutes only, it is still exercise and feel good about that!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning All,

kind of went overboard at the gym last night. Arrived at 6 PM and left around 9:20. Not sure why we got so into it, as we were tired going in. But, we did almost 2 hours of machines and weights (big boy toys!). Then, it was off the elliptical. Now, mind you, I can really push on the elliptical, but there is one machine I have difficulty with and as luck would have it, even though there are nearly 15 ellipticals, the only free one was the "tough" one. So, for the first 10 minutes I struggled. But then, I settled down for the 30 minutes and struggled on the last 5 minutes. I typically run at @85 RPM for the entire 45 mionutes, but this machine''s resistance is tough and I only managed to keep a consistent 80 RPM. Perhaps it was a good thing as maybe having to push even harder was good for my heart and legs, but man oh man, was I beat afterwards.

Tonight will be the 3rd gym night in a row, but I won''t push as hard as I did last night. Then.......tomorrow it''s Sushi night, without any workout!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well.

Mara: Hope you''re still having a wonderful vacation and I hope your cold has gotten better.

Lorelei: 13 days you say??????? You can make it a lifetime if you can make it this long!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!

JCROW: Keep up the great work. You''re doing wonders for your health!!!

Dixie: DO NOT Beat yourself up. Sometimes our bodies won''t do what our minds tell them and usually that''s for a good reason. Listen to your body and don''t push too hard if it doesn''t want to be pushed.

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Rod, you made me laugh about having such strong preferences about machines at the gym
25.gif

I am the same way - I don''t care if people say they''re all exactly the same. I swear they each have their own personality, and darnit, I just don''t like some of them
29.gif
It''s a crappy feeling when you push yourself like crazy and the silly machine just doesn''t seem to pay attention or care! I have my "favorite" machine, which thankfully is usually free since it doesn''t have the mini TV and CD player the rest do... hehe... lucky me!

I haven''t been posting much lately, but have been very good about my runs & workouts at the gym...

Random question for you all: do you "log" your workouts? At our gym, they have charts you can use to track your cardio workouts and lifting... I am typically religous about keeping track - to me, it''s encouraging, I think. But a few people have suggested that keeping such detailed records can be bad, since you''re focusing so much on numbers... Thoughts?

Aussiegirl : p

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2006 12:36:58 PM
Author: aussiegirl23

Random question for you all: do you ''log'' your workouts? At our gym, they have charts you can use to track your cardio workouts and lifting... I am typically religous about keeping track - to me, it''s encouraging, I think. But a few people have suggested that keeping such detailed records can be bad, since you''re focusing so much on numbers... Thoughts?

well, like i mention i make a note on my monthly calendar. this helps me significantly. it''s nothing detailed, but allows me to see at a glance how good or bad i''ve been. it''s very motivating!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2006 12:36:58 PM
Author: aussiegirl23
Rod, you made me laugh about having such strong preferences about machines at the gym
25.gif

I am the same way - I don't care if people say they're all exactly the same. I swear they each have their own personality, and darnit, I just don't like some of them
29.gif
It's a crappy feeling when you push yourself like crazy and the silly machine just doesn't seem to pay attention or care! I have my 'favorite' machine, which thankfully is usually free since it doesn't have the mini TV and CD player the rest do... hehe... lucky me!

I haven't been posting much lately, but have been very good about my runs & workouts at the gym...

Random question for you all: do you 'log' your workouts? At our gym, they have charts you can use to track your cardio workouts and lifting... I am typically religous about keeping track - to me, it's encouraging, I think. But a few people have suggested that keeping such detailed records can be bad, since you're focusing so much on numbers... Thoughts?

Yeah.....exactly and out of all the ellipticals, there is this one that I have so bonded with. It likes me. It really does and I am like so offended when I see someone else on MY machine. If I could just figure out a way to make them aware I want MY machine and make them feel uncomfortable...........hmmmmmm, maybe if I eat lot's and lot's of beans I could................
31.gif

And no, I no longer keep records of my workouts. When I first joined the gym last October, they gave us three free sessions called PT123 (cute eh?). It's actually gym machines for out of shape, overweight dummies like we were at the time. And they introduce you to each machine and start you on a particular weight or level and they fill in a fitness card for you, and they store that card where you can get it and continue marking your progress on it. The reality was that only us newbie's did this and once you realize no one else is, you feel so self conscious that you just stop doing it.

Honestly, I don't think there's anything wrong with keeping track of your progress, but it could also serve to frustrate you. If you do decide to keep a journal, perhaps you could do it once a week and see how you've progressed. It's like how one can become obsessed about weighing oneself every morning. Nothing can frustrate you more than doing that and believe me, I've been there, done that.........ok......still do
39.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the encouragement too Dixie. You can do this, any exercise is better than none, sometimes it is easier to find the time than others, but you are doing great! Even if it is a few minutes only, it is still exercise and feel good about that!
Thanks Lorelei and Rod!
1.gif
I have decided that I will workout tonight and do a shorter tape! I just spoke to my dietician for our 3rd session and I''m feeling a little better. I guess I just needed a little shove in the right direction. Tonight will be a busy night but I know this is well worth it.

Aussie, I was logging my workout for awhile, just writing a little something on my calendar and it was nice to see the constant markings. I might start doing that again. My bf told me that he''s been logging his workouts since the 90''s! I was amazed and extra impressed. He said he likes to look back and see how his routine has changed or what he''s accomplished, etc...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all! I don''t technically "belong" on this thread becuse I''m not working out (yet, LOL!), but I''m hoping one of you might be able to answer my stupid question.

When you start a diet they always say that whatever weight you lose the first week is just "water weight."

What exactly does that mean? Why would your body expell more water when you were on a diet than otherwise?

I have heard this a million times and I''ve never had a clue what it meant..

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2006 5:11:12 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Hello all! I don''t technically ''belong'' on this thread becuse I''m not working out (yet, LOL!), but I''m hoping one of you might be able to answer my stupid question.

When you start a diet they always say that whatever weight you lose the first week is just ''water weight.''

What exactly does that mean? Why would your body expell more water when you were on a diet than otherwise?

I have heard this a million times and I''ve never had a clue what it meant..
Hey DeeJay.....Balderdash. Weight is weight. It is true however, that most dieters experience fairly rapid weight loss followed by periods where it''s harder to lose weight. We all hit plateaus when dieting. This is more a factor of the bodies own metabolism slowing down when it is deprived of calories. In essence, the body get''s comfy with our weight, even if it''s high. Then when we decide to lose weight, one''s body says....."hey.....she''s starving me and I must do everything I can to maintain myself at the level I have become accustomed." So, you eat less but don''t necessarily lose weight at the exact same level.

The scientific truth is the if you burn more calories than you consume, you will lose weight. Period.

Welcome to the Workout thread. There''s a wonderful mix of people here (though I remain the only guy). Everyone is so supportive and encouraging and we are all (I think) benefiting greatly from the multitude of viewpoints represented from both sides of the pond (hey Lorelei!!!).

Your friend............

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
and you''re never too old.... It''s all about POSITIVE ATTITUDE!!

I started private Brazilian Small Circle Jujitsu classes in March. It''s fun learning all the holds and self protection methods. It''s great for raising your confidence also.

We combine cardio, boxing, and stretching for a great one hour workout. I''ll be fifty in December. The youngest student at the academy is four

years old. I''ve never felt better both physically and mentally. And.....I could be one of the few trained martial art appraisers on Pricescope
35.gif

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2006 5:50:18 PM
Author: Modified Brilliant
and you''re never too old.... It''s all about POSITIVE ATTITUDE!!

I started private Brazilian Small Circle Jujitsu classes in March. It''s fun learning all the holds and self protection methods. It''s great for raising your confidence also.

We combine cardio, boxing, and stretching for a great one hour workout. I''ll be fifty in December. The youngest student at the academy is four

years old. I''ve never felt better both physically and mentally. And.....I could be one of the few trained martial art appraisers on Pricescope
35.gif

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com
So.......you don''t like the value I placed on your stone, TAKE THAT (karate chop sound here)!!!! LOL

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Rod! I had just heard that so so many times that I thought it must be true, but I didn't know *what* it meant.

It's interesing what you say about your body figuring things out. I was doing weight watchers last year and I found that if I stuck to my 20 points/day religiously (and I do mean RELIGIOUSLY!) I would stay at whatever weight I had achieved almost to the ounce. But if I mixed it up (20 points/30 points/20 points/etc.) it worked for me.

Now if only I could compel myself to work out... For me weight loss feeds on itself (no pun intened!). If I see results I get even more determined to stick to my points, and I even managed to start going to the gym for a little while (OK, it was only 2-3 times/week, but that counts for something, right??). So when I'm "thin" I tend to stay thin, but when I let the pounds creep back on...
14.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to the WWT Jeff!
35.gif
It is great to have Rod and yourself aboard! Your workout sounds like a great one for covering all the physical bases. I bet you are the only marital art appraiser here LOL! I find I am getting more and more interested in the various forms of exercise now, even though I do plain old cardio, maybe I will expand soon and diversify.

Rod, I am the same as you and hate it if anyone uses MY machine!!!
27.gif
However I have changed to another one recently, due to the fact that as my horse is just outside the back door, I can''t get in the car without giving him a treatie, so my trainers get covered in horse bedding and as a result get stuck on the foot pedals of the machine
emembarrassed.gif
The gym staff probably wonder what on earth that stuff is which keeps getting stuck on the machines! Hubby left chicken poo in the gym foyer the other day, I was in hysterics!!

Anyway, workout went well this morning and no more tunnel vision. Rod I ate a candy bar before I went and Hubby has bought some fruit and nut bars for me to have prior to workouts as I feel I can eat one of those easily enough first thing. So that is 5 45 min workouts this week and I am pleased!

I am so glad you are here Rod, you really are a great asset to the thread and we appreciate your wise input!
36.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2006 9:25:57 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Thanks Rod! I had just heard that so so many times that I thought it must be true, but I didn''t know *what* it meant.

It''s interesing what you say about your body figuring things out. I was doing weight watchers last year and I found that if I stuck to my 20 points/day religiously (and I do mean RELIGIOUSLY!) I would stay at whatever weight I had achieved almost to the ounce. But if I mixed it up (20 points/30 points/20 points/etc.) it worked for me.

Now if only I could compel myself to work out... For me weight loss feeds on itself (no pun intened!). If I see results I get even more determined to stick to my points, and I even managed to start going to the gym for a little while (OK, it was only 2-3 times/week, but that counts for something, right??). So when I''m ''thin'' I tend to stay thin, but when I let the pounds creep back on...
14.gif
Only you say? You bet that counts for something and more than the average couch potato. Hopefully, we''ll inspire you to not only lose the weight you want but get some exercise so you can be around for many many decades mroe. You want to be able to appreciate diamonds for as long as possible right?
30.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/11/2006 7:39:43 AM
Author: Lorelei
Welcome to the WWT Jeff!
35.gif
It is great to have Rod and yourself aboard! Your workout sounds like a great one for covering all the physical bases. I bet you are the only marital art appraiser here LOL! I find I am getting more and more interested in the various forms of exercise now, even though I do plain old cardio, maybe I will expand soon and diversify.

Rod, I am the same as you and hate it if anyone uses MY machine!!!
27.gif
However I have changed to another one recently, due to the fact that as my horse is just outside the back door, I can''t get in the car without giving him a treatie, so my trainers get covered in horse bedding and as a result get stuck on the foot pedals of the machine
emembarrassed.gif
The gym staff probably wonder what on earth that stuff is which keeps getting stuck on the machines! Hubby left chicken poo in the gym foyer the other day, I was in hysterics!!

Anyway, workout went well this morning and no more tunnel vision. Rod I ate a candy bar before I went and Hubby has bought some fruit and nut bars for me to have prior to workouts as I feel I can eat one of those easily enough first thing. So that is 5 45 min workouts this week and I am pleased!

I am so glad you are here Rod, you really are a great asset to the thread and we appreciate your wise input!
36.gif

Oh thank you Lorelei........This thread means more to me than you can imagine. As a former bad habit, couch potato fatty, I look forward to the comraderie of this thread and I revel in everyone''s commitment and dedication to their health. If I offer any value to anyone, I am truly grateful for the opportunity to share what I''ve learned.

I had my last gym session for the week last night. I pushed really hard. My partner is out of town visitin family, so it was the first time I''ve used the "Big Boy Toys" (free weights), by myself and I did just fine. I also went harder on the elliptical (didn''t have to, just felt like it) and pushed 85 RPM for a solid 55 minutes.

Tonight I''m meeting friends for Sushi......Yummmm. Then it''s back to the gym Saturday and Sunday.

To all a WONDERFUL Friday and may your weekend be filled with incredibly healthful adventures.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, everyone, for the congrats on running a long distance. I finally feel like I almost could run a half marathon. In the next couple of weeks, I''m really going to ramp up my running because the last two weeks before the race, I want to take it easy. Last night was a five mile run, and today after work will be my easy 3 mile run of the week. It''s not so easy since about half of it is uphill, but it''s a good short distance run. Sunday I will run 8.5 miles around the park.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod - I really think you are bionic...dedededededede with your 80 odd RPM's! I can manage 50 RPM's at best, so you must be really moving!
36.gif
36.gif
You have really helped so many people with your input with this thread and you are so motivational!

Great job Coda!

Dee, 2 or 3 times a week at the gym is terrific and far more than many people do, keep it up, it will make a difference!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
surrounded by all of your successfull workout stories, i must admit that i didn't go to the gym today.
11.gif

my intentions were to go do upper body weights but i just plain went back to sleep. i even got up to eat breakfast, then went back to bed. ah well, 4 days a week isn't so bad. i'll go next week and continue to work on running!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I can honestly say there is nothing bionic about me, but I must admit that the elliptical has toned my legs tremendously and for the first time in my life, I actually possess legs that are nicely veined and muscular looking. I''ve always had what my partner called "chicken" legs. They were too skinny on an otherwise overweight body. Now that I''ve lost 50 pounds and have a 32 inch waist, combined with some muscle on my legs, they finally look not so bad, if I don''t say so myself!!! Thanks again Lorelei.......and hey, today must be day 14 Right??!!!!!

Coda.......you make a three mile run sound so simple and oh yes, you''ll run 8.5 miles like it''s a walk up one flight of stairs. YOU GO GIRL!!! That is an amazing accomplishment and I am very proud of you. I can run 3 miles pretty easily now, but it''s taken a lot of work to get there, so I know how hard you''ve had to work to get up to the distances you can run.

GREAT GREAT JOB!!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/11/2006 10:38:12 AM
Author: jcrow
surrounded by all of your successfull workout stories, i must admit that i didn't go to the gym today.
11.gif

my intentions were to go do upper body weights but i just plain went back to sleep. i even got up to eat breakfast, then went back to bed. ah well, 4 days a week isn't so bad. i'll go next week and continue to work on running!

GO CROW! 4 days is AWESOME!
36.gif
36.gif
You deserved your wee nap!
11.gif

YES TODAY IS DAY 14 - NO CIGARETTES!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay lorelei for 14 days...you are doing it!

we got back last nite...my cold is sucking big time but i made myself work out yesterday morning because, lets face it, i have been eating and drinking up a storm and my little 2 miles on the treadmill and 250 calories burned is only making a DENT in how far off the wagon i was on my vacation so i feel a little less guilty knowing i was not totally sedentary while gorging as well.

so i plan to go to kbox tomorrow, hopefully my cold isn''t AS BAD as it is right now so i won''t feel so congested...and tonite we are eating in after our eating outgasm...oh and lorelei i thought of you multiple times as we consumed excellent food. the best dinner was our wed night dinner at citron at the viceroy where we had the most divine lump crabcakes (totally fresh tasting, not like typical places), i had a grilled seabass which just melted in my mouth with a lemon butter sauce (super thin and winey tasting, yum), and then dessert was the same one we had last year, fresh baked warm cookies in 4 different flavors, oh my god, just divine heaven heaven heaven. so yummy.

then yesterday before we left we had lunch at the estate/resort and we tried these two things we have been eyeing since last year but we typically don''t have ''lunch'' because we eat breakfast at around 11 and then dinner at 7 so we were fine in between...so we were excited to have lunch finally there. we got the lobster macaroni (YUM) and lobster quesadilla (YUM), which were both just the highest quality and so yummy. we are such spoiled foodies and both of them were really yummy. what a great way to end the trip.

so i have serious penance to do next week at kickboxing!!! hehee. but it was a fab time and now it''s all over but the crying. lol!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back Mara!! Sounds like (cold aside) you and Greg had a wonderful birthday celebration and vacation. The food sounds to die for, but I sure picked a bad time to read about the foodgasm, as I just returned from a less than thrilling lunch of tasteless grilled chicken chunks on white rice and a cup of Waldorf salad (the salad was actually good). So, thinking to myself........man, what I wouldn't give for something decadently fattening with flavor, I come back to read about the 'way-too-good' food you guys ate. So, Rod does not feel sorry for the pennance you must do for having so much fun..........LOL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results