shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 9th April till 15th April

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all
35.gif

Just thought I would pop in quickly and do the thread and have a quick read up! Thanks so much everyone who has sent good wishes to my boy, it is so much appreciated. The surgery will take place this week, thankfully sedation and local anaesthetic will be used rather than a general to do the procedure. Once it is over and he has started to recover, I will fill you all in. I so wish it was all over with.

I managed 5 workouts last week which was good for stress. When life gets hard, it is best if you can continue to workout, much as I don''t want to, somehow you do feel better afterwards. It isn''t just about my figure any more, but the important mental benefits I get from it, almost like I can leave some stress on the elliptical and walk away from it. I know it isn''t always possible to get to a gym or workout when life gets in the way, but it seems for me anyway, I do feel better after a workout.

I will check in when I can this week, keep up the good work everyone!

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Good morning everyone,

Our thoughts are with you Lorelei and thanks for your dedication to this fitness thread!

It''s still not spring here yet..barely near 45 degrees. I''m just finally feeling better after a two

week knock-down,
7.gif
drag-out cold. Can''t wait to hit the gym with a vengeance.

Keep on TRACKin everyone.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
great job on getting in 5 workouts lorelei. i''m ging to di my pilates dvd today, because its too cold to go jogging...we''ve been having snow flurries on and off since yesterday. WHERE IS SPRING!!!
29.gif
anyways yesterday was a gorge fest in our family--easter and i''m proud of myself, because i didn''t go overboard with the goodies and food. i ate a very small portion (a 3 bite portion) of my dads lasagna(hard to do). then there was the baked ham, veggies, stuffed mushrooms, potatos, candied yams, cakes, pies, cookies,....ect. i ate enough to fill me without overdoing it. WILLPOWER prevailed!!!!
36.gif
anyways i have leftovers for today. Hope everyone has a great workout and eating healthy week.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning all!

I had three great workouts in a row but ate enough to negate any good effects I might have achieved LOL! The HH will be traveling a few days at the end of this week so it will make it easy to be good. I''m sure LC for dinner is not exactly the BEST option but at least it''s easy for me to track and control my cals that way.

Lorelei, we''ll be looking forward to hearing good news from you as soon as you''re able to post it.

Jeff and NYC, I''m asking too -- where is spring?!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
well WWT'ers, spring is alive and kicking over here. at least the exhorbitant prices we pay here for cost of living are worth it at times i imagine?! or so we tell ourselves anyway!

lorelei so glad to see you...not only because i was not feeling super inspirational this morning, what with the early hour...more like 'where's my coffee' hehee. hope your boy does well this week with his surgery, and you have gotten in 5 workouts, kudos lady and keep it up!! i agree sometimes workouts in time of stress really help us out.

anyhow, i am up and at em...just made breakfast (egg mcmuffin) and coffee. greg is sick so he is staying home today to rest. so it was kind of nice to have the both of us for breakfast even just for 10 minutes, it's kind of like an extended weekend since typically by the time i get up he is gone!

i'm taking some goodies into work for snacks, pear, light n'fit smoothie, fiber one bar, luna bar and a green teas tea. hopefully if the day ends up being crazy this will tide me over. tonite when i get home the plan is to go for a ~4m walk in the 1.5hours or so i have before the sun sets.

nyc kudos on showing easter restraint...jeff sorry to hear the cold lasted 2 weeks but glad to hear you are getting better. DJ i hear ya on the eating this wkd, hehe. but sometimes you just gotta have it.

have a great day all and thanks again for the well wishes.
3.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

The sunny CA weather is definitely not gracing us with its presence down in San Diego. It was gray in Laguna most of the day and it had rained here. The rain continued throughout the night and it''s still drizzling and icky outside.

I had some crackers and a bit of ice cream last night. Rounded out the week averaging 1610 calories per day.

Tonight we''re going out to dinner with a good friend who is in town for a conference. I am really looking forward to seeing her.

It''s a workout day, YIPPEE! I may only have time to fit 3 in this week with all I have going on (school, work, plays, tests, etc.), so I''m going to have to make them 3 good workouts.

Lorelei: You and your boy are in my thoughts!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! I feel like a parent having to send their child to boarding school
40.gif
, we are about ready now for him to leave tomorrow and I feel so sick. I know he will come back happier and healthier, so I am just trying to hang onto that for now. At the moment it seems that Wednesday is the day for most of the surgery to take place, so I will update as to how he is recovering. They have a few x-rays and things to do first so they can see exactly what needs doing.

Mara I really think I am seeing a difference in the abs with the hands free elliptical, so I would definitely recommend that method to anyone who perhaps can''t manage crunches etc, as this seems to really help shape up that stubborn area.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure this is a really hard time for you, Lorelei. Good for you for finding the positive.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wishing everyone a great week!

I managed to get through back to back birthdays on Sat. and Sun. with my middle one and hubby, plus Easter, without indulging too much. It really wasn''t too hard actually....

Lorelei, of course I have been thinking about you and you sick one. I hope everything goes according to plan, and wait to hear from you.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
lorelei, thinking of you today and will be all week..yay for still getting in the workouts though..

mara, i hope you have a great 1st day

kimberly- have fun on your workout day

deejay- yay for you for working out all weekend too..

I''m wondering where spring went too although it did warm up to 60 today. i went to the gym and did about 50 minutes on the elliptical then can home and cleaned my house for our showing today (that counts right?). just had a fage for a snack and i''m getting ready to take the kids and zoe on an hour walk while the showing is going on. I will be so glad when my house is sold b/c the random showing times and having to be out of the house is driving me nuts.

anyway, planning a light dinner of some leftovers from easter. oh and the cooking light blueberry cupcakes were wonderful but 236 calories each. so, not too much better than a real cupcake plus it''s hard to just eat one. i''d be happy to post the recipe if anyone is interested.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, mrssalvo! I had a good workout. And thanks for answering my question (where do you live). I had wondered for a while, but thought it rude to ask! Do you love Tenessee?

500 calories burned and the scale is reflecting an unbelievably low # today...but that will all change as we''re going out to dinner tonight and tomorrow night.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday Team PS!

Lorelei, thanks for getting us off to a good start as usual. We'll all be anxious to hear from you Wednesday on your son's surgery.

Mara, I've been thinking about you all day and hoping you are having a really great first day at work.

Mrssalvo, good job on the workout. Gym and house cleaning surely burned some calories!

Three in a row DeeJay!! You're turning into me........LOL

Kimberly, you've got to love the low # on the scale. You're doing great as usual. And remember, one meal in a restaurant can't change things that much. So have fun and enjoy your meal tonight!

I had a really great workout this afternoon. I love being able to work out during the day when the gym isn't too crowded. But, I do wonder why so many of the people I see working out during the day get to do their workouts during work hours? I tend to see the same crown during work hours every day. Then, I wonder, hmmmm, are you unemployed like me? Maybe they're just wealthy and don't need to work. LOL Anyway, I do enjoy the luxury of working out in the afternoon as opposed to working out at night. Of course, Rod will need to find a job when he get's home to Tampa, so he'll be back to working out at night soon enough!!

I'm leaving soon to pick Charlie up at the airport from his weekend with his family in Bufallo. We're going to stop at our 2nd favorite Sushi haunt, Waraji's for the last time. Tomorrow, we pick up the truck in the morning and take all the boxes I've spent the last week packing to UPS where they'll be whisked to Tampa for us to unpack when we get home Thursday night! I'm so jazzed about heading home. I still don't know what the future holds for us. Afterall, without a job, we can't hold onto the too expensive condo on the bay too long, but at least we'll be where I feel the most comfortable and I'm actually looking forward to the hunt for something new to do.

Anyway, I hope all is well with everyone!!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, didn't work out this weekend due to Easter and traveling. I could have on Saturday, but it's the start of my Spring Break and I basically sat in a zombie-like state most of the day.

Monday: The Firm Aerobic Body Shaping (57 min)
walked two miles total to meet DH for lunch (he could have easily picked me up and dropped me off but why not get out of the house . . . what else was I going to do? Oh yeah, grade research papers)

I also organized my videos and DVDs into a spread sheet to help me when it's 6 a.m. and I'm trying to figure out what to do. Monday, Wednesday, Friday I have all the hour-long Firm videos with cardio (usually) and serious weight training.

Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday or Sunday I have the dance/kickboxing/cardio videos with light to no weights.

Then for travel or an extra workout I have area specific or equipment specific (resistance cord, sculpting ball, etc.) videos, plus an another hour-long Firm if I want to add a 4th to my weekly rotation.

I'm looking forward to getting the chance to walk this week. I haven't felt like it's been light enough to do so yet in the mornings before work. I always feel so energized when I've had my heart in its target range for 45 minutes or so. With the videos, even the cardio, it seems like it's exert, exert, rest, exert, exert, rest, etc.

Food: Well, I wouldn't say it's been great. When I'm home alone I make great choices (made a great honey mustard chicken wrap on Saturday), and I've turned down crappy Easter candy and some but not all white bread I've been offered, but I haven't been perfect. Of course, I don't want to become some nazi who doesn't enjoy food because oh boy do I!

I've read Eat, Drink, and Be Healthy and am adopting the following new practices:

--much less red meat (I knew that before reading the book, but it was good confirmation)
--much less refined carbohydrates
--much less soda (ouch! I already drank only about 6 oz. a day, but soda has no nutritional value, and I obviously use it when my sugar levels crash)
--taking a daily multivitamin, especially for the folic acid since I drink alcohol pretty regularly
--snacks: apples, hummus with whole grain pita or bell peppers or carrots, nuts, fat free low calorie yogurt
--avoid foods with "high fructose corn syrup" and "partially hydrogenated blah blah" in the ingredients

So I bought some whole wheat pita and tortillas, and I paid attention to things in the grocery store. For example, the yogurt I thought was a healthy snack had high fructose corn syrup and unnecessarily high calories, so I switched to a much better brand that I like better. The honey mustard sauce I found is all natural and fat free and quite yummy, but I had to look at five other bottles before I found it.

We're going out to dinner on Friday, so I'm looking forward to that as a time to indulge.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for always being so encouraging, Rod. It''s the two days in a row and 5 days out of town next week that leave me feeling a bit anxious. We have play tickets tomorrow night, and we always go out before we go to the theatre. And next week we''re heading to Chicago Tuesday-Saturday. John''s already made reservations at some fantastic restaurants.

Tonight and tomorrow night will count for our normal splurge nights, we actually only went out once last week, so I''m doing well in that dept. I just have to be flexible and remember it''s not the vacation splurges that will get me, it''s the long term, overall healthy choices that really matter. And I''ve got that down to a science!

Enjoy picking up Charlie, your last meal in NC and your drive home. I''m so anxious for you to get back to your digs!

You sound like you are on the right track, phoenix! Keep up the great work!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi everyone! i''m still at work but thought i would check in..i was periodically reading at off times today but not logged in. thanks for the continued well-wishes. i am pleased to report that my first day is going fabulously! i have a late meeting in the next 10 minutes, but i am just walking tonite so no biggie on having to leave by any particular time. everyone here has been AWESOME to me and i was so impressed that they had everything all setup for me as in cubicle, laptop, email, phone, my badge took 5 minutes etc. it was so organized and great! and my team is so sweet...one of my team members greeted me with a hug which surprised me. i sat in a bunch of meetings and have been familiarizing myself with the sites all day, but i can already tell it will be busy yet really exciting, i love dealing with this kind of consumer based online stuff. right up my alley. and being in a big company again is foreign in a great way...like we have a cafeteria..it''s been so long since i have had a cafeteria! it''s 2 buildings over but perfect for a ~5 minute walk back and forth once a day kinda thing. and whole foods is like 10 min walk up the street as well. so i''m pretty jazzed so far at how things are going. keeping fingers crossed that they continue like this.

for lunch at the cafeteria i got a turkey sandwich on toasted nine grain with a pepper jack cheese slice, lettuce and tomato and dijon with a pickle. i had a 60 cal smoothie for morning snack, and a fiber one bar for afternoon snack. then i met my friend who already works here (the one who floated my resume to the hiring manager!) for a late afternoon snack about 20min ago and we walked over a few minutes to this bakery/cafe that is right around the corner and has fab sandwiches and soups and pastries! so i got a lemon bar (3" square kinda thing) and a water..and we chatted for a few. dinner tonite will most likely be a light affair as greg is still feeling sickly and i doubt he''s up for any type of tasty gourmet item..so i''m thinking soup and salad kinda thing for me or something.

anyhow hope everyone is having a fab day, sounds like it from what i have been reading and thanks again for thinking of me!!!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone!

it's another Monday, one of the toughest days of the week for me. BUT, I always get a kick reading Lorelei's Monday messages.
I was on a business trip most of last week, but still managed to keep my activity up and food intake low. WOO HOO! I haven't been weighing in or measuring as it's been tough keeping track of food or activity lately- just way too much work and family stuff going on. I'm hoping to have a nice long stretch of no business travel, but that won't happen until next month. And by then my elderly parents will be comfortably settled into their new condo, and that will take a load off for me. So for now I'm just doing the best I can, and taking mental notes of my daily caloric intake. I'm around 1400 most days, but then again, I'm not exactly working out "most days!" AGH!

I only have a quick overnight trip up to San Jose/Santa Cruz this week, so it won't totally throw me off whack. I plan to hit the gym tomorrow before I head to the airport, and may do another workout Wednesday morning at the hotel.

It's great to read how well everyone's doing, and I cannot wait until I'm REALLY contributing to the thread!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like your first day is going smashingly Mara, that''s great!

I have been MIA for 3 days with the move. It is finally done (though the unpacking has only just begun) and it''s nice to have only 1 set of keys again!!! I didn''t get any workouts in, though frankly the whole 3 day jaunt was one enormous workout so I don''t feel bad at all. Even managed to stay on track calorie wise with the exception of Friday where I would have been perfect, but DH was POed and wanted to rid his anger by ordering a brownie ala mode. Hello, like I''m not going to eat half of that? My willpower is keeping it away from my face. If it''s there, I''ma gonna eat it!!! Oh well. Good thing I was trying to be healthy earlier in the day and had a 6" turkey sub at Subway for lunch on Sat. Even though I had Amici''s pizza for lunch AND dinner Saturday
18.gif
it still worked out because I barely ate anything else in all the commotion! Sunday I finally located some kitchen items and was able to nuke some TJ''s steel cut oatmeal for brekkie (+1 splenda packet and it was really good!), some rice crackers for lunch (not enough food), and then DH brought some mediterranean food home for dindin which was good because I was famished. All in all, not nearly the calorie fiasco I was envisioning.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you had such a great first day Mara and I hope it continues on such a positive note for you!!

Firegoddess, have fun unpacking. Moving''s never easy, but it sounds like you''ve got the worst behind you.

Good for you on adopting healthier practices Phoenix.

Dinner was quite nice and it''s nice to have Charlie home. Tomorrow will be a fun filled day, getting boxes to UPS, but then I''ll hit the gym as the hard work is pretty much over after that.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi everyone! Mara, so glad your first day is going well! Dee Jay, awesome about your workouts. Kimberly, enjoy your trip to Chicago! I''m jealous!

Today was great eating-wise but terrible otherwise - just one of those days where everything is going wrong. A data system I needed at work was down so I couldn''t get my stuff done, all kinds of stressful things going on otherwise, and worst - my laptop screen malfunctioned! It''s as if there is a stain going across half of the screen. I dropped it off for repair and I will likely have to pay $250 deductable on an extended warranty I have. I think I know what happened and while not really my fault, I wish I had been more careful (don''t want to get into it.) Now I will be without my laptop (which I use all the time!!) for a week or so!

To top it all off, our house is on the market and it is not going well. Typically we don''t have showings during the week so I didn''t have it picked up as much as I would have liked. Specifically I haven''t run the vacuum in a couple days. I also left some laundry hanging in the garage. So we did have a showing today, and the only feedback we got was "house smells like dogs." LIke a knife to my heart! I try SO hard to keep the place looking and smelling like no dogs live here (even though I have two). Sometimes I feel like we will never get this place sold
7.gif
It''s a fabulous house in a so-so part of town in a slow market.

But back on the topic of the thread, I only ate about 1150 cals today and had a great workout - 15 min stairmaster and 35 min spin bike. The scale has not budged though
7.gif
I usually eat more cals, but had a big dinner last night so eating lightly today. For dinner I made baked salmon with roasted veggies - healthy and delish!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all!

Lorelei, my thoughts are with you this week. Please post good news as soon as you can!

Mara, good to hear your first day is going well!

Aw Gail, hang in there. I''ll send PS fairy dust over your way for the house.

So I was MIA most of last week and it was grueling. A few days with my boss and eating out all three meals.
38.gif
I tried to make the best choices possible, but sometimes our choice was McDonalds! Plus no exericse except for Friday pilates. Wah!

I had pilates today and ate pretty well. Had the turkey lasagna sauce on regular old pasta tonight, yum! Dessert was blackberries soaked in balsamic and a wee bit of sugar. So I''m back on the band wagon, but I think I''ve gained weight last week. Next week I''m in Vegas the entire week. I''m scared!
6.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i feel for you guys that are traveling and/or having to do the business dinner thing...that sooo sucks when you end up out at events where you WANT to indulge and there really aren't that many (if any) healthy choices. this week is tough for me too, on wednesday we are going out with some friends for german food, not the healthiest! then i have lunch with a friend on thurs, and then on friday we have a company offsite for a kickoff and it is basically all apps (crab cakes, calamari, spinach dip, fried ravioli, etc) and pizzas for lunch! so i already know friday i am going to have a notquitesohealthy lunch...hehe. then the weekend and gosh only knows what, and sunday night we have dinner plans with friends. but at least knowing how this will probably pan out, i am trying to be healthier the days that i can this week. and stick with my workouts of course. sometimes you just gotta suck it up and keep your fingers crossed hehe.

so got home kinda late...then got my clothes on and got my ipod and went out for a 3m walk before it got dark. when i came home, greg and P joined me for a one mile walk so i did about a total of 4 miles...whee. dinner turned out to be organic mac and cheese (kraft makes an organic version so i tried it, it was very good!) and then salad with chopped strawberries, apples, and bleu cheese with a few walnuts and ff balsamic, yummy. i can definitely tell that this job will be very busy and i might have to squeeze in my workouts for sure. but i will definitely make them happen.

chargergrrl when are you coming to SJ/santa cruz? i live in SJ...! FG glad to hear your move went well and it didn't derail the diet, that's always nice, i always tend to eat donuts and taco bell when we move hahaa. definitely NOT great lifestyle food. gail sorry to hear that you are having a hard time selling the house, keep your hopes up!! Rod, glad to hear charlie is back home and you guys are looking fwd to your upcoming move, yay!! DJ congrats on your weekend workouts! mrs salvo, i think my coworker made those cupcakes, they were so good...the ones that my coworker made were the lemon blueberry cupcakes with cream cheese glaze, so good and about 220 cals so not that bad.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gail, i hear ya on the house selling. ours has been up since the beg. of feburary, although we''re in a hot neighborhood, the market is still weird. My house was built in 1940 and renovated right b/f we bought it. we did some renovations too and I love it here but it doesn''t have the traditional new home floorplan which I think hurts us. we even priced to accomodate the uniqueness and get tons of showings, but no offers yet. I''ve got kids and a dog and am just tired of having to leave for an hour or two at a time with only an hours notice. good luck though, maybe we''ll get PS fairydust on our houses
2.gif

sounds like everyone is doing great despite all the life things happening. I think that''s what working out as a lifestyle is about, it just becomes apart of your life and life continues being life. anyway, getting ready to head to the gym myself and then to the pool for a swim with the kiddo''s. hopw everyone has a wonderful day..

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning!

Mara: So glad you had a great 1st day.

TG: Hang in there, I know how hard the traveling/eating out thing can be!

Rod: Enjoy your UPS boxing day.

Gail: I''m really excited about our trip, but overwhelmed as I have a TON of schoolwork to complete, am subbing today and tomorrow and I''m taking two four hour tests on Saturday that determine whether or not I get to student teach, talk about pressure! Fairy dust coming your way! Hope that house sells. We''ll be in the same boat as you this summer. I''m not looking forward to it.

mrssalvo: Fairy dust coming your way as well!

So dinner was really good last night, and I chose a light dish. It was an open faced vegetable ravioli, which allowed me to eat the veggies and skip most of the pasta. I started off w/ a salad and John and I split a piece of pineapple cheesecake covered in chocolate, oh yum!

I''m subbing today, need to drop off my timesheet and then head home and leave for dinner and a play. Then I''m subbing again tomorrow. I might not weigh in unti Thursday.

Have a terrific day, everyone!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
hey all...everyone sounds like they''re doing well with fat burning...don''t worry gail, it''ll sell....you too mrssalvo....happy work vibes mara....keep up the great workouts rod....now that spring is here (supposedly) dows anyone have light dinner recipes...aside from salads? i hate to eat "heavy" foods now. any good tasty cold pasta dishes? or other springy foods?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning wwt''ers! yep mrs salvo i agree...the whole ''lifestyle'' thing does just become part of your life if you want to stick with it. this morning i cut up a bunch of strawberries and mixed it with some pineapple i had cutup from this wkd and then some honeydew from whole foods. little spring fruit mix for this afternoon when i have the munches. i also am taking a 100 cal balance bar, a fiber one bar and a 100 cal pack of TJ oatmeal choco chip cookies in case any cravings hit lol.

i''m heading to the gym tonite after work which should be interesting...because i also am supposed to pick up portia from my mom''s later, so i might not be home til about 8pm. typically greg has rehearsal but he is skipping it due to his cold...he might do a full day at work or may not. so we''ll see. anyway since i won''t be home til late i figure we''ll just do another hodgepodge kinda meal...unless i make it to TJ''s and pick up a few things. we do have some parmesan gnocchi in the fridge and tomato cream sauce so i might just throw that together with a salad for something quick and healthy.

nyc...i will look through my recipes for anything good, but i just tend to know a lot of salads...we don''t do too much cold pasta or anything cold other than salads and fruit now that i am really thinking about it! hehee. when we feel like eating light we''ll typically just get some fish or chicken for grilling then do a mixed veggie dish with some olive oil or similar.

have a great day everyone!!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning!

WOW, everyone is just on the go-go-go. We all lead such busy lives, and it's very encouraging to know that you can "do it all". Healthy lifestyle changes should not interfere with your life, but enhance it. That's the challenge I'm going thru right now as I incorporate new habits into my lifestyle. I'm making more of an effort to work out while on the road, and REALLY think about my food intake. I'm such a control freak, and prefer to make my own food, but there's such a wealth of info out there that I feel empowered to make good food choices almost anywhere I go!

I went to the gym this morning, and will soon be leaving for the airport. I'll be dining with clients tonite, but I heard that everyone is in the mood for sushi, so that's a good choice.

TG- A week in Vegas?? oh my- that would be DANGER for me!
Gail- sending you PS fairy dust. My parents had their house on the market for 6 months, and they're finally in escrow. Hang in there!
Lorelei- I've been thinking about you alot, and am sending positive vibes your way. Please report in when you can!

Mara, I think I did know that you live in SJ!! I'm going up to the Sta Cruz Boardwalk. Comcast is presenting their Spring Break event there, and we're partnering by bringing in one of our Chefs who happens to live in the SF Bay Area. I get to be his "handler"! Oh, it would've been great to meet up with you! I will be leaving Sta Cruz in the late afternoon tomorrow, and swinging back thru SJ, as my flight departs at 7:40p. Dunno if that works for you at all. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Sorry for the hijack! Have a great Tuesday!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t realize how great exercising was for me until this week when I got started again after taking a week off. Last week I didn''t exercise at all (except for walking 30 min on the treadmill one day but that doesn''t really count) due to various things with work and an evening activity every single night, and on top of that I didn''t eat well either.

This week is a new me. I went to my work out class yesterday and did 30 min on the elliptical today and am not eating out every day/night.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww CG i wish you were in town a little longer...tomorrow ends up being bad for me because i just found out there is a team dinner after work and i have to get to the gym AND we have dinner with friends tomorrow night. so i will probably just stop in at the team dinner for a drink and then go to the gym and do a shorter workout then get home to shower for the dinner with our friends. but any other day and it would have been awesome to meet up with you even for a quick coffee!! do you come this way often?? let me know.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Today: 45 Minute Firm Calorie Killer video
walked 4 miles in an hour

That video -- OMG! It uses the 14 inch step differently than any other video I''ve done (since it''s more cardio and step than the signature weight training). My face got beet red, which only happens when I really exert myself. The frustrating thing for me is that I''m really uncoordinated and catch on to aerobic sequences very slowly (and I''m too lazy to watch the video beforehand until I get it), so I just sort of bounced around, tripping over myself during a few parts.

My favorite part was when the instructor announced that we had "assassinated" a lot of calories during one sequence.

I went out to lunch again since my brother was in town on business. I had a mushroom and bell pepper sandwich (yummy, but on a white roll and seemed to have some sort of mayonnaise based sauce) and greens.

According to mypyramidtracker.gov, I''ve eaten 1171 calories so far today and burned off 830 in exercise. There''s still another snack and dinner to come, of course.

I signed up for Sparkpeople on Mara''s recommendation, but I found the food entry options too confusing. But I take the MyPyramid recommendations with a grain of salt (is that some sort of pun?) because they were developed in part by our department of agriculture.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

Stopping in before we head off to the play. John is craving Chinese, so that''s whats for dinner. Not at the top of my crave list, but that''s okay!

Keep up the great work and have a great night!

K

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results