shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 3rd Dec till 9th Dec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Marcy those pictures are beautiful! We got a tiny bit of snow last week in NYC, but there wasn't much accumulation. It's certainly cold though! AND I AM TOTALLY ROOTING FOR YOU TO REACH YOUR GOAL!! Only 4 more pounds!!!

Rod, it's so fun to think that sometimes a few of us are on Pricescope at the same time...some wearing fuzzy slippers along with layers and layers of long sleeves and pants while you and mrs.salvo are lounging around in shorts with the warm breeze ruffling your hair! You lucky lucky duck.
1.gif

Skippy, I'm glad to hear your knee is better. Sometimes certain joints act up on me too...a few weeks ago my foot was hurting whenever I took a step. It was like a grinding feeling somewhere near the outside ankle bone. So I put on a pair of heels to see if that eased any pressure on that point, and I was able to walk around in heels just FINE. I went back to sneakers, and once again I got that grinding pain. After a week of wearing heels, I was able to go back to wearing flats. Strange huh?

FI and I are loving brussels sprouts. I guess we got tired of eating brocolli and asparagus all the time. I got back from the gym tonight and asked FI if he ate the brussels sprouts that I made. He said, "oh yeah! I love them!" I was like, "what?! You LOVE brussels sprouts?" So cute.

I had a...not-so-great eating week. My trainer asked me to write down everything I eat and drink and approximate times. I thought that would force me to eat better. But no. Unfortunately, before Thanksigiving, we made this insane lasagna recipe (an authentic regional Italian recipe), complete with every possible "bad" ingredient. Instead of ricotta, the recipe calls for a bechamel sauce (butter, flour, milk, nutmeg). There are 4 types of meat in the ragu sauce. An additional layer is a porcini mushroom cream sauce. We had leftover ragu sauce in the freezer, along with the poricini mushrooms and mozzarella, so I decided we would make the lasagna again to finish off the ingredients. I cut it into 20 small pieces...but regardless of that, I think each bite has about 400 calories in it.

I went to the gym though! 45 minutes on the elliptical.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crown, was it on your bottom of your heel? If so you might have a touch of plantar fasciitis; make sure you stretch your feet. I had that before and that isn't fun; thank goodness it only happened to me once about 6 yrs back ago. Gosh, I hope it goes away soon. Wow your lasagna sounds good; you will do better tomorrow and glad you got a workout in! yay!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ, thanks for cheering me on to reach my goal. I am certainly going to try. Too funny thinking about some of us bundled up while on PS and others in shorts and t’s. I’m in thermals and a sweatshirt now with my mattress pad cranked on high so the bed will be warm when I go to bed. I am sure you’ll have your share of snow there this year. I’m glad you like my pictures. Too funny about loving brussels sprouts for a change. I think my DH is sick of raw veggies, I dig them out all the time. We are having our last bit of lasagna for lunch tomorrow. I made it low fat so it’s not too bad on calories. I am sure your lasagna was tastier than mine though will all those wonderful ingredients. Yay for 45 minutes on the elliptical.
Skippy, I am so excited to see a new picture of your smiling face. That always brightens my day.

Well, speaking of bed I think I’d best get there so I can be awake for most of my day at work tomorrow. Take care and have a great Monday!
35.gif
Laters.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
jeez marcy...14 degrees! it was 48 tonight when we went to get our greek dinner and i was like this is too cold, no walk for us tonite! portia's ears are cold. hehee. today was nice though, i think it was about 65 and i had on a tshirt in the house hehe.

steph i hear ya re the holidays and fudge. i just am trying to make mostly smart choices when i can and then i don't feel bad about holiday splurges. come jan things calm down immensely!

whoever was asking about a digital picture frame....i just bought three of them for our families...we got the kodak 8x11 one, the sv811 i think is what it's called. i really love them, i might have to get one for us after xmas. it has 128mb memory internally and then also takes all the external cards, usb etc. it's got better resolution than a lot of other ones out there too, 800x450...the 3mb pictures from my camera look wonderful on it. i loaded up one today for a test and i love it. i got ours at circuit city as a lot of the online stores are sold out of them til after the holidays. so i paid like $30 more for each one than on other sites but i wanted to be sure we got a good one (and it's still a good price).

anyway just a quick check in...i still have some gifts to wrap before bed. this weekend was busy for us!! last nite we went to a bday/holiday party which was fun. had some apps and 2 pieces of homemade rocky road from a friend that was amazingly rich. then greg and i grabbed dinner at this trendy place near us, we ate in a booth in the bar as it was late, i had steak and frites. then this morning we met my parents for brunch at this yummy italian place which does amazing brunch...i had the egg white omelet with veggies and fresh fruit and had a piece of greg's AMAZINGLY yummy huge challah french toast. it was divine. with marscapone butter and syrup. then went and did some xmas shopping and grocery shopping. came home and spent the next 4 hours just playing with the new picture frames and also backed up all my pictures from my HD as my laptop is getting overloaded. greg came home from his concert and we went to get greek dinner to bring home. i got chicken breast kekab with a bit of rice and some hummus and salad. and i stopped at one of the tart natural yogurt places and got a cup to bring home with strawberries and blueberries, SO yummy. the funniest thing is that i eat this stuff and i get SO COLD, my hands turned to ice. then i spent the next 20 min under the blanket warming up. and our house is about 74. so it's not cold in here at all. figure i also burn more cals trying to warm my body, lol.

i finally uploaded all my pictures and stuff too, so i know it's a late post and no one will probably see this as the week is pretty much over but here's us at my holiday party on friday...i really like this picture hehee. anyway, more gift wrapping to go, nite all!

maragreg holidaysm.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, thanks for the info and recommendations on the digital frames. I will have to check in to them. Too funny that 48 was cold to you today; mind you I’d be in a coat and sweater in 48 degree weather but it sounds great compared to 14 degrees. I’m glad you had a fun and busy weekend. The photo of you and Greg at the party on Friday is terrific. You guys are such a cute couple.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results