shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 3rd Dec till 9th Dec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

So my intention to work out turned bad when the mom of the kids I babysit for called me in need of some help; so I ended up babysitting, just getting home and J is making pork chops, a yam (we split it), and salad for dinner.

Tomorrow I work, do school and pack.

Skip, I''m still sore from the headbutting incident, unfortunately. I''d be much happier about it if working out was the cause. My right shoulder and leg are really tender.

Back to school...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimi, I missed that earlier post, so sorry; hope you feel better soon!

Kayak, weight fluctuates a lot in one day so it is best to weigh yourself the same time. The reason you are seeing a difference in your weight from this morning is because you probably have some water gain from drinking and eating. I heard it is always best to weigh yourself first thing in the morning and never in the evening because weight fluctuates so much from drinking/eating.

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
Skippy, thanks for the reply! I was thinking it is what I ate and drank today as well (although I didn''t eat anything unusual) But I don''t think it''s the time of day that is the issue. I weighed myself at 139 yesterday at 5:30ish and today at 5:30ish I weighted 143... same time of day and everything.
15.gif

I''m trying to be as upbeat as possible about it... but I''ve really been working hard over the past month and still...nothing.

Oh well, All I can do is keep doing what I''m doing right? Hopefully, my body will catch up....hopefully.

Night everyone. Water aerobics tomorrow, it should be fun!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
KQ it can take a while to see results, I think it took me like 2 months or something to see ANY scale changes, period. I was the SAME every time I weighed myself. It is easy to get discouraged about the scale, but just know you are being healthy and doing what''s right for you and your body and know that the rest will come in time.

So I skipped out on a workout again tonite. I feel guilty but on the other hand I know I work out a lot so I shouldn''t feel guilty or think I''m going to miraculously gain lbs tonite. I just felt really tired tonite and it''s chilly out so I just wanted to curl up on the couch and relax in our homey little Christmassy warm home. So now I am on the couch watching my soaps with Portia curled up next to me, little heat source of furriness. Greg is doing some work upstairs then we''ll snuggle together.

I ordered us fresh burritos from this awesome fave place, they use cilantro rice, pinto beans, organic chicken, it''s tasty. And I''ll probably have some light pumpkin gelato for dessert. Eating today was quite light...breakkie and then my low sugar oatmeal with protein powder. A spicy salmon sushi roll with brown rice but basically picked all the rice off. A mandarin orange. Then later some grilled chicken breats and a few brussels sprouts. So while I feel a little guilty about not working out, at least my eating has been good. Plus I am trying to give my muscles a little rest so I can do a trainer hour tomorrow AND zumba. Whee.

Hope everyone had a great day!! Night!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening Everyone!

LOL DeeJay.......you got my explanation in just one paragraph. After 16 years with this company, my mother sitll can not explain to anyone what I do for a living.....

Sorry you had a bad night Steph. Not sleeping is the worst. Skippy and I can certainly relate (right Skiippy??) as we've both written about sleepless nights lately. I hope you sleep better tonight!

I hope you don't catch anything Kimberly. Kids are like virul factories, so good thing you're taking precautions!

Good news about your contract Mara. Sounds like your job is going great!

Lorelei, that dinner description was funny. I doubt you'll have much trouble avoiding gravy you can cut with a knife.....YIKES! Yay for 50 minutes of cardio!!

Glad your cooking club dinner turned out so good Appletini!!

SB, I hope your personal situations get better soon and I'm glad to see you're stilll working out. Take care and know we're hoping everything is OK with you.......

Hey there Kayak......Thanks so much for the kind thoughts. Today wasn't half bad, btw......$$ I'm betting you won't have too much issue with the stairmaster. My gym has them and while they look intimidating, they're actually pretty natural to use. And finally, don't worry about your weight fluctuating up and down a few pounds. It's normal and can be as much as 5 pounds different each day. Plus, if you weigh yourself everyday, it's always best to do it the same time of day. Pick a time, like first thing in the morning and do it only then.

I'm so glad you're feeling better Skippy and I'm glad you think of me everytime you see cihicken noodle soup. It's the jewish papa in me, for sure!! Sounds like you'll have a great time with your sister shopping and eating!!

Jas, so sorry to hear there are complications. Big hugs to you. Isn't that awful teaching assignment coming to an end soon??

So, today wasn't an awful day and I did have some good success, which will generate revenue, so I guess I won't be laid off this week. But, I'm still concerned about next week and the week after that and.......so I know that I can not become complacent and must look for a new daytime home.

Charlie just didn't want to go to the gym tonight and since I was still in the office after 6 tonigth (I'm putting in 10 hour days now almost every day), we decided to just go to our little diner and have a nice relaxing meal and frozen yogurt. Like Mara posted earlier, it's really not a bad idea to let the muscles heal a bit between workouts, so taking tonight off won't hurt us. And we'll be back in the gym working hard tomorrow night for sure.

I hope you all had a great day and are looking forward to a nice Thursday! Sleep well everyone (that means you too Steph!)

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Stephanie/Skippy, don''t be sorry, it''s no big deal! There''s so much talk it''s hard to keep up on this thread sometimes.

Dinner was dellicious. I''m sleepy.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I hope all of you had a wonderful day. I finished my campus class tonight. Woo hoo! I usually order in pizza for the last evening but decided to just take cookies instead. I bought 4 dozen assorted cookies from a local cookie bakery and took them. I ate 2 of them and LOVED every bite of them.
Tdiddy, yay for catching Rudolph on TV. I love watching the Christmas specials. I thought the same thing about the PBless cookies – they''d be less fattening and you certainly wouldn’t eat as many since they wouldn’t taste very good. I hope your first snow storm wasn’t too bad.
Steph, sorry you woke up so early. At least you put your time to a worthwhile project.
Kimi, I’m glad to hear you are not so sore and hope that continues to improve. I stocked up on Airborne too; I think that stuff really helps. I weighed the same this morning too. Rats. Yay for packing for your trip.
Mara, I was at the mall tonight and it was dead. I was kind of surprised. It sounds like you did some major shopping. That is great news they are extending your contract for another year.
Lorelei, I hope you had fun at the party tonight. You are right the food doesn’t sound tempting enough to waste calories on any of it.
Appletini, thanks for having a glass of wine for me last night. I feel better. Ha Ha.
Shortblonde, I hope your stress improves soon. Yay for exercising a lot.
Kayak, I am glad you did fine on the giant stairmaster. I have to admit I always worry that I’d get flipped right off one of them. Me and coordination are not best friends. Tee hee. You can’t have gained that much weight in one day; it has to be water weight. It’ll go away soon. I find that when my body isn’t loosing weight I am usually loosing inches. You are doing everything right so you’ll loose weight soon.
Linda, it sounds like you are between sizes in pants again. That is wonderful news.
Skippy, I am delighted to hear you are feeling better. I am sure your DH appreciated your homemade pizza. Your shopping adventure with your sister sounds like a wonderful time. Have fun. I am very excited to be finished with my campus class tonight. My internet class has until Monday evening to complete the class. Then I have about a month off from school.
Jas, sorry to hear you are still dealing with complications from your accident. I hope you get better soon. Take care.
Rod, I’m glad your day wasn’t awful and you were able to generate some revenue today. Good idea to have a nice, relaxing dinner tonight.
Take care my everyone. Have sweet dreams.
17.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy,

I am proud of you for only eating 2 cookies. There was a time, I could have eaten a dozen of them. HA!!

Linda

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
marcy, i second Linda on the impressive will power you had to only eat 2 cookies. i was at the grocery tonite with my sister and she tried to get me to buy a package of double stuffed oreos. we "argued" over who had to take "custody" of them, since both of us know that we couldn''t resist them if they were in our pantries. the end result was a package of sugar free pudding in the cart and the oreos back on the shelf. mmmmm.....oreos. glad i didn''t bring them home!

tonite was 55 minutes of mixed cardio....my workout schedule is so versatile these days
2.gif
i could copy and paste my post every day!

breakfast was a boca breakfast wrap, lunch was the other half of the veggie bol from last nite, and dinner was a bowl of veggie tortilla soup (wolfgang pucks in a can - pretty darn good). snacks were red pepper strips and cottage cheese and a SF chocolate pudding.

my arm feels great today. the doctor gave it the stamp of good health so i am all recovered now.

the snow storm never really happened. just a few inches that are pretty cleaned up now. it is supposed to be a chilly 18 degrees tonite though. yuck!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone!

Tomorrow is my final exam in surgery, so I''m really looking forward to getting back on track! Friday can''t get here fast enough. So I''m trying not to concentrate as much on the weight as eating regular meals. I''m really, really not feeling well lately. I''ve stopped being hungry completely, and have this constant pain in the epigastre. If I do eat even minimally, I get really bloated. I think I am so supremely unbalanced that my body is screaming for me to make some changes. Not just physical appearances, but health wise. I have not been taking care of myself.

Kimberly, At a standstill thanks. I thought being an intern would be a lot easier then this. There''s just no time anymore.

steph72276: randomness but I''ve never tasted humus. I''m sure it''s super healthy, but I`ve never gotten the nerve to try, always felt it was too healthy for a junk food addict, like me.

Skippy, thatnks for the positive vibes, love the super-moose avatar. Take care of that cold!

Rod: A short workout''s and become a big one!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good morning everyone! Yay, I slept last night so I am feeling good this am. I weighed myself this morning and I am back down to where I was before all of my traveling, so that is a good thing. Yesterday was a really good eating day for me...oatmeal in the morning, leftover cooking light pasta for lunch, snack was 2 slices of deli ham w/ a string cheese and a handful of almonds, and I was not very hungry at dinner so I just made myself some scrambled egg whites with lf cheese and some fruit. I did have a cookie from the batch Andrew and I made after dinner, but only 1! If I need to lose a few lbs, all I have to do is eat egg whites for dinner and it works everytime it seems like....maybe I should start having that a few times a week. I also did my jumprope for 20 mins. yesterday. I am taking Andrew to soccer in a little while, and will run lots there. Everyone have a great day!

Kimi, sorry you are still feeling sore from your bump the other day. Good job on keeping your weight the same...that is hard this time of year!

Mara, I just looked up the oatmeal...it is 160 cals, 7g protein and 6g fiber. It was actually pretty tasty and it kept me full until lunch, so I''ll prob. keep it on hand to swich up w/ my normal cereal. I''ll have to check out the whole foods brand though. I love whole foods, we haven''t been there in a while, I was going there every other day for a while and noticed we were spending LOTS of money on food, so I haven''t been as often.

Lorelei, funny about the party food....at least you won''t be tempted it sounds like:)

Appletini, your cooking club sounds like fun....after 3 glasses of wine, I wouldn''t be able to cook though, I am a lightweight when it comes to drinking
2.gif

Hi, Shortblonde
35.gif

Kayak, I wouldn''t worry about the scale moving so much, it could all depend on what you ate, sodium really bumps the scale up for me. I agree w/ Skippy, weigh 1st thing in the morning everyday

Linda, yea for new pants. You are probably just in between sizes, although good fitting pants are just hard to find I think. Lots of jeans especially are way long on me, I''m talking where they fold under my feet long and I am 5''6"....I think designers are out of touch with real women''s bodies these days.

Skippy, I''m glad you are feeling better...the pizza sounds yummy. I tried to make homemade one time when we first got married and the dough turned out yucky, so I haven''t attempted it again. I should give it another try now that I''ve improved on my cooking skills
1.gif
Have a great time on your shopping trip!

Jas, hope you feel better

Rod, glad you had a better day. It''s good to take some time off, glad you had a nice relaxing dinner with Charlie.

Marcy, yay for willpower and only eating 2 cookies. Before when I was heavy, I had the all or nothing mentality. Either I didn''t have any, or I would have 5 or 6. Yesterday I had a sugar cookie that Andrew and I made, and I was satisfied by 1 and didn''t feel the need to eat the whole batch, so that is a good feeling.

Tdiddy, funny story about the oreos! 18 degrees, oh my....stay warm!

Allycat, I had never tried it either until my hubby and I went to a resturant and they had it with breadsticks...I actually thought it was butter and tried it and loved it and I asked the waiter what they put in it and they told me what it was, so I started buying it at the store. It''s not quite as good storebought, but pretty tasty with some crackers.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone; I am starting to feel like a hypocondriac (drama queen) lately. Yesterday my knee made a poping noise and it hurt but I thought while I slept it would feel better the next day, wrong
14.gif
This morning I could hardly walk; right now I am icing it and I have a doctors appt and I called my sis to cancel our shop and stroll. I feel sort baffled why my knees are giving me all this trouble; I don't think I am doing anything weird. I am staying away from intensity of running or anything that would really bother my knees. I hate to be a downer so sorry; you guys are always awesome at cheering each other and me on!!

Mara enjoy zumba!!! Sounds like a blast.

Rod, sorry you are working 10 hr days. Glad you brought in revenue! Have a good night at the gym!

Marcy, Wow, I am impressed about eating only 2; I have no self control so I have to buy them right before I give them out. I do something silly too; if I buy chocolate or something I get what I want then have hubby hide it and give me a piece of candy or cookies at time. I thought I was the only one that did that but my neighbor does that too. heeheee

Hey cute Pad Linda! I would have eaten a dozen too. hehee

Yay for the mixed cardio! Oh good; I am glad you are recovered! Gosh 18 degrees!

Ally, I have a few close friends who are docs! I think it takes a super duper special caring person to be a doctor or nurse! I am sorry you aren't feeling well; hope you feel well soon. Thanks for liking my avatar. hehee

Steph, yay for sleeping well!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, Steph!!! So glad you slept well, glad to hear that. Your son is so adorable, saw him on the Christmas tree thread too.

Oh No Skippy!!! I hope your knee isn''t serious. Please let us know when you return from the doctor.

Well, it is raining here today, so no walking for me. I have a lot of grocery shopping to do, as our Christmas Party is Saturday. Guess I will be doing my walking in the store!

I will check back in later. Haven''t had my breakfast yet, or my coffee.
9.gif

Linda

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday all! I''m thrilled to report that I finally have something to report: 60 mins on the elliptical--woo hoo! I tried to be careful and not overdue it, especially since this is the first time I''ve been to the gym in... um... well, a while.

And I told the HH he HAD to go grocery shopping to day because just don''t have a single *good* thing in the house I want to eat. It''s all candy and brie from the party and things like that. Stop the madness!

The only things left on my To Do List for the rest of the day are to finish writing out the hoiliday cards (thank god I started back in September... the list gets longer every year... ) and take a nap!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Appletini, a cooking club sounds so cool! I must look back for your posts on that...

Alley!!! So good to see you again. I was wondering how you''ve been. Congrats on the surgery internship! You are tiny tiny so I''m sure those 5 pounds will melt off you fast once you put your mind to it.

Skip what''s going on with your knee? Let us know how the doctor''s visit goes.

Mara, did I tell you that the brussels sprouts recipe was a success?!! So yummy! This was the first time I ever had brussels sprouts. I avoided them because they have such a bad reputation. But I knew how nutritious they are, and I keep looking for new veggies. My usuals are brocolli, spinach, and asparagus. Now, I can officially say I love brussels sprouts. Thanks!

Rod, your tree looks beautiful. Sorry to hear that work has been stressful lately. I always had trouble explaining to people what my fiance did at his financial firm. But now he is in business school, so that is much easier to explain.

Steph, you and your family are gorgeous! Happy Anniversary!

Kayak, I also go up and down 2 pounds some days. I think it is normal; perhaps water weight or food weight.

I needed someone to kick my butt at the gym, so I signed up for 5 sessions with a personal trainer. After looking at pictures of myself trying on wedding gowns, I was truly convinced that I have a lot of toning to do. My upper body has always been weak, and that''s unfortunate because the two dresses that I am in love with are strapless! So the trainer last night measured my body fat percentage. I actually was given a complimentary session with her back in April, and it was 12.8% back then. Last night it was 16.7% which according to some random chart, is still in the excellent range for my age group. But I certainly don''t feel like it is excellent. I wonder how accurate it is. I''m convinced it''s inaccurately low because I don''t have much...um, up top. She used two methods. One was the scale with the metal foot pads. This was the method that got the 12.8% in April and 16.7% last night. Last night she also did the calipers, but didn''t have the conversion with her, so she''ll tell me next week. It''ll be interesting to see how close the two numbers are.

Then she introduced me to a new cardio machine. It looks like a mix between the stepper and the elliptical, except it has a skiing side to side motion. I don''t know what it is called. I told her I have a ski trip after Christmas, so she thought that would help work on my quads and hamstrings better than the elliptical. It was HARD. If she hadn''t stood there for the whole 30 minutes, I would have left. She''s so nice; she did all that for me last night even though it was not one of my 5 paid sessions.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from the doctor and he says this shouldn't be happening to me at my age. He was super sweet and suggests that I go to an orthopedic doctor so he gave me a referral to the best doc according to him. So sorry to be a drama queen (I feel that way lately; I promise I don't usually have these things happen to me). Well the doctor said I need to do biking and no walking hills. Icing it all day has helped some so my sis and I are just going out to eat tonight.

Linda and CrownJewel you are so sweet thanks!!!

DeeJay yay for 60 mins on the ellip! Great job.

Kayak, please weigh first thing in the mornings; I bet you don't weigh as much as you think you do.

Linda, yay for a party hope you find all the goodies for your party! I bet you throw wonderful party's!

CrownJewel, yay for signing up w/a trainer.When is the wedding? You can do it; we are cheering you on!
9.gif

Have a great Thursday all
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Skip, I''m so sorry you''re having knee problems!
Stephanie, maintaining can be difficult, it''s constant work, I just always keep it in the back of my mind that being healthy means making an effort.

I am stress eating today, not a good thing. Between PMS and a rough week at work I just can''t stop eating. Not a good thing. I need to get to work on school, so I can pack. Have a great afternoon all.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy,

Did you doctor say what he thinks it is?? Geez, more people are having knee problems lately. My brother-in-law, just had knee surgery, but he fell on his.

I hope you feel better soon, sweet Skippy.

I am a mad woman today, running around getting the house ready. Always worried there won''t be enough food. My girlfriends are bringing side dishes, which is really nice of them.

Hope it doesn''t rain Saturday, it still isn''t supposed too, otherwise people will be in MY kitchen, like they were at DJ''s party. ha ha ha

Kimberly: I stress eat too at times. When I used to get PMS, I used to crave chocolate one month and salt the next. I used to get a tablespoon and dig into NestleQuik and eat it by the mouthfuls, I was sooooooo bad back then.

Linda

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2007 6:54:32 PM
Author: Linda W
Skippy,

Did you doctor say what he thinks it is?? Geez, more people are having knee problems lately. My brother-in-law, just had knee surgery, but he fell on his.

I hope you feel better soon, sweet Skippy.

I am a mad woman today, running around getting the house ready. Always worried there won''t be enough food. My girlfriends are bringing side dishes, which is really nice of them.

Hope it doesn''t rain Saturday, it still isn''t supposed too, otherwise people will be in MY kitchen, like they were at DJ''s party. ha ha ha

Kimberly: I stress eat too at times. When I used to get PMS, I used to crave chocolate one month and salt the next. I used to get a tablespoon and dig into NestleQuik and eat it by the mouthfuls, I was sooooooo bad back then.

Linda
I don''t usually stress eat, I get away with exercising a bit less than I should because my diet is so controlled, but today I am out of control. I have had: tootsie rolls, chips and 4 pieces of chocolate. I quit eating after I admitted my binge here, which is a good thing. Perhaps being buried in schoolwork has something to do with it too. So thanks WWTers, for saving me from myself.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/6/2007 11:59:59 AM
Author: Skippy123
wrong
14.gif
This morning I could hardly walk; right now I am icing it and I have a doctors appt and I called my sis to cancel our shop and stroll. I feel sort baffled why my knees are giving me all this trouble
HI:

I am baffled too! Sorry for your recurring trouble, but I know it is a pain!

cheers--Sharon

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there........

Skippy, I''m so sorry you''re having pain in your knee. I''m glad the doctor referred you to the ortho. Hopefully, it''s nothing to worry about and it will feel better soon. Hugs out to you, from your bud Rod!

Yay for extra cardio tdiddy and DeeJay!!

Steph, I''m so glad you got a great night''s sleep last night!!

I''m betting you''ll love your sessions with the trainer CJ!! A good trainer should do exactly what you asked for and that''s to kick your butt!! Have fun. Our gym doesn''t have the machine you described, but one of the gyms in Raleigh did and it was a workout for sure. I think I''ll stick with my favorite elliptical!!

It was a typical looooooog day. It''s just too busy for me these days and I''m still getting the laid off ''terns emails and phone calls, so I''m really handling the work of 4 people right now. But, I still went to the gym right after work and did my full workout. I was tempted to bag it as I was tired, but since we didn''t go last night, I just don''t want to get in the habit of missing two nights in a row. Once I got started though, it was a good workout for sure.

Tomorrow is Friday. YAYAYAYAYAYAY. I''m not sure I can have any more fun in the office this week. We''re having Sushi tomorrow night, but with friends we haven''t seen since we left last year for Raleigh, so that should be fun.

I''m just plain beat and it''s nearly 11, so I''ll end this for the night. Sleep well everyone. Take care of that knee Skippy.......

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you had a great day. My day was long and insanely busy at work (typical for Thursday and Friday) plus I had someone call in sick so that just made it more fun. I had a new girl start on Monday and feel bad being too busy to help her out much.
Linda, I am right there with you girl. It used to be I’d eat a few cookies before class showed up, some with the class and then take them home. Now 2 cookies is more than enough for me. I am the family cookie baker and sure avoid making them anymore. I love the dough and hot cookies. I will probably make a few batches of cookies for Christmas but not many. I am glad that I am able to eat just one and stop there.
Tdiddy, good idea to leave the Oreo’s safely wrapped up in the store. I am amazed at the will power I have to just eat one or two of something. I certainly never had it before. I am glad your arm is better. That''s great your snow is gone. We have a snow storm moving in tomorrow. I am pretty sad to hear that as we were driving about 45 miles to go to my niece’s college graduation. I really want to go but I we can’t leave work until at least 4. The roads would be bad coming home for sure; we go over a mountain pass that’s about 8000 feet. I got her a pair of ½ ct diamond studs for a gift; I’d love to give them to her tomorrow.
Ally, good luck on your finals. Glad to hear you’ll be able to get back to a more normal routine after Friday.
Steph, congratulations for being back to pre vacation weight. I weigh first thing in the morning too – mostly because I weigh the least then. That is wonderful you are able to just eat one cookie now. It’s a nice feeling to know we can control a little splurge now and then.
Skippy, I am so sorry to hear about your knee. Knee pain is NO fun. I am sad for you that you had to cancel your shopping trip. That is strange the doctor recommends biking; that really flares up my knees. Hills and stairs are definitely hard on your knees. When do you see the orthopedic doctor? If I had my DH hide cookies or candy from me I’d never see them again; he forgets things pretty easy. That would probably be a good thing except for the food getting bad. Ha Ha. I use a cookie, ice cream or candy as a reward at the end of the day so I feel lucky that I can eat just one.
Linda, I hope you had fun shopping for your party. If you are like me there are a few more trips to the store but it’s good to burn off a few more calories.
DeeJay, yay for doing some time on the elliptical today. Can you start on my Christmas cards now? I also send out a poem with our Christmas cards and every year it becomes harder to write it. It’s my more informal way of sending a form letter.
CrownJewel, that is wonderful signing up for some sessions with a trainer. Have fun with the personal attention you’ll be getting from those workouts.
Kimi, I like the thought you keep in the back of your mind. Nothing worth having or doing comes easy. My husband was just telling me the other day he made our weight loss bet with me because he knew I was kind of depressed about him being gone for 2 weeks and he knew it would keep me motivated to eat healthy while he was gone. Clever guy, he knows me so well. Of course these days if I overeat it’s like a few extra hundred calories nothing insane. No worries about a few extra pieces of candy and chips. We are here to help and support you, but you saved yourself.
Hi Sharon. It looks like I’ll have some more snow to shovel tomorrow. We are expecting highs in the 20’s this weekend.
Rod, I am sure you felt better getting in your normal workout tonight. I agree this week has gone on long enough and I am glad tomorrow is Friday.
Well take care everyone. Sleep well.

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
Skippy: sorry about your knee. i''ve had my share of knee pain over the years while training for various things and the ortho was always able to sort it out quickly for me. often it involved a little PT but that usually helped out in the long run b/c it made me better about stretching frequently. hope it gets better quickly!

Marcy: those 1/2 ct studs are a fab gift....you must be her favorite aunt!

not much to report today again. i had a long day at work and didn''t finish up until after 9 so i missed my gym workout for the day. year end is always a killer at work. i also missed breakfast b/c we started early and worked through my usual breakfast time....not a good way to start the day b/c i was STARVING by 11. lunch was a 1/2 serving of pesto style pasta with tomatoes and mushrooms...not exactly healthy. dinner was a spicy black bean burger and cottage cheese. snacks were an apple and SF chocolate pudding. i am soooo looking forward to a relaxing weekend.

in more exciting news, i just found out that cincinnati is hosting an olympic distance triathlon this upcoming june. so i think i will get my feet wet in the tri at that event.

stay warm (or enjoy the sun for you lucky beach bums!)....it''s 25 degrees here. brrrrr!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
tididdy, wow...I can''t wait to hear about your triathalon. And regarding missing meals due to lack of time, I find that having yogurt in the fridge at work or carrying around snack bars (currently I''m loving the nuts bars by Odwalla) helps.

Marcy, be careful driving tomorrow in the snow! I''m sure the earrings are beautiful. Happy graduation to your niece!

Skippy I don''t think you''re being a drama queen at all. It is a worrisome condition. Is your knee swollen? What were you doing at that moment when your knee made that popping noise? I had knee surgery a few years ago, and ever since then, I''ve been very interested in knees. Haha.

Rod, when I am stressed out, I want to go to the gym...and at the same time I also DON''T want to go to the gym. It is wonderful to hear that you actually went! Next time I am stressed out and am considering whether or not to go to the gym, I will think of you. Because your work sounds 10,000 times more stressful than mine!!!

So my trainer called me today to see how I am feeling after that crazy machine yesterday. I am not sore at all
7.gif
. She also asked if I started recording what I eat. I did indeed heed her request, and I admitted that it was a coworker''s birthday today, so there was fried chicken, potato salad, candied yams, and chocolate crumb cake with caramel sauce. She told me not to do that again tomorrow. Haha. Double
7.gif
Tomorrow I will be better!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi!
TDiddy I love your avatar! I don''t know who it is though - but super cute. I''m glad you''ll get to do an olympic tri in your hometown. I hope you will love it. I was just looking over some photos from mine and thinking how fun it was. I am already looking forward to next tri season. Need to do some serious work on my swimming between now and then!
Skippy I''m sorry to hear about your knee troubles. Hope you get some good medical help pronto.
Rod sorry work has been bad
7.gif

My work was actually better than usual this week - hope that keeps up!
Had a good workout too. Caught the last half of a total body workout (thanks a lot, traffic, for making me miss the first half) and then did 20 min of running intervals on the treadmill and then 5-10 min of abs. Came home and cooked up a bunch of veggies which we ate with some goat cheese over whole wheat pasta and a green salad. To make sure I got some protein I had a slice of lunchmeat turkey while I was cooking.
No weight loss, as you have come to expect from me :) but only up 1 lb or so and we''ve already been to most of our big holiday parties so I consider that OK. As long as I don''t gain any more I am happy.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good Friday morning all
35.gif

My body must be responding to getting back on track with my food and exercise...I lost another lb today! Woohoo! I was at a standstill for a while there, then I splurged a little at Thanksgiving and our anniversary trip, so I must have shocked my system a little bit when I got back on track. Yesterday was another good eating day. I had my oatmeal for breakfast, leftover Cooking Light pasta for lunch, snack was string cheese, a few nuts, and a slice of deli ham. Adam was late getting in, so I just made myself a Lean Cuisine for dinner with salmon and whole wheat orzo. Then Andrew and I made a batch of sugar cookies from the cover of this month''s cooking light. Man, those things take forever and a day to make b/c you have to make the dough, let it chill, roll out the dough, let it chill again, cut out the shapes, bake, cool, decorate, let the icing set...it took hours! I had 1, but didn''t really think they tasted all that great. Andrew on the other hand, LOVED them and had so much fun making them and decorating them, so it was worth it! I''m about to do my jumprope/weights circuit. Everyone have a great day!

Skippy, sooo sorry about your knee
8.gif
. Hope the orthopedic doc can give you some answers and help:)

Linda thanks for the compliment about Andrew. Don''t be too stressed out about the party, I''m sure it will turn out great!

DeeJay, 60 mins on the elliptical is great! Way to go!

CJ, thanks for the compliments and the anniversary wish! That is awesome about the personal trainer. I am really thinking about signing up for a few sessions. I always watch the biggest loser and tell my hubby I need someone to yell at me like that! Wow, your bf is excellent! I need to get mine checked, I''m sure it is well above that number, you must be teeny tiny! I think mine was like 18% in high school when I was in good shape and a cheerleader, so I know mine is way above that now!

Kimi, sorry about the stress eating...I do that sometimes too. I just try to at least eat good things when I can''t seem to stop the hunger.

Hi, Canuk
35.gif

Rod, sorry you are having so much extra work. Good for you for going to the gym even when you were tired...I wish I had your dedication, I probably would''ve just headed home!

Marcy, the diamond studs for your neice sound fab...what a wonderful aunt you are! Be careful driving!

Tdiddy, good for you for signing up for the tri! My sister-in-law is training for one right now, she is my inspiration. I''m still working on the running part....how many miles do you run in a tri? 25 degrees....brrrrr that is so cold!

TanDog, Yay for a great workout and a fab. meal!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

We leave for Chicago today. Just wanted to wish you all a wonderful rest of the week. It''s definitely going to be a splurgy few days for me, we have lots of fun dinners planned. I''ll be back on Wedensday. I have to bring my laptop, so will probably check in at some point. Have a great week!

~K

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kim have fun in Chicago! Skip sorry to hear your knee is hurting, take care of that for sure. Marcy, lol re: having some before, during, after, that's so me with things I love to eat. Like donuts. hehe. Better to have 0 than 2 for me. CJ awesome that the brussels turned out great, I love that recipe.

Funny though, I have been doing a little more indulging lately...nothing big but have been trying to do more like 'eat what you feel like' thing and normalize my eating...tracking less. It's a little bit like Intuitive Eating I guess. It's really hard because I still feel sometimes like 'oh if I don't have grilled cheese and soup tonite, that burrito will make me gain weight'...but then I just don't eat the tortilla or something and I realize that it's doable. Last nite we had one of my fave salads from this casual takeout place and their chicken on top is great, I reminded myself how I can get carried away with the salad since it's so good, so I said okay well if you start to get full, eat all the chicken and fruit and then toss the rest (lettuce, cheese, avocado). So I did that..and I was happy at least that I got the right 'nutrients' for my body from the salad with what stomach space I had left.

And also since I have been having more sweets here and there (a square of chocolate, a truffle, a slice of pumpkin pie, 1/2c of light eggnog)...I am starting to feel sometimes like 'no more sugar please' which is amazing for me as a sweet lover...I typically err on the side of too much and so I am starting to normalize that I think and be less interested in it because I have it more.

So overall, doing pretty well. Went to my trainer yesterday and though I felt tired (I think I need to start taking a multivitamin!) I did the workout with him and then the hour of Zumba which was a lot of fun as we are starting to get more advanced and do routines now. Then grabbed salad with chicken for myself and a bbq chicken sandwich for greg from this place last nite, showered, and watched some TV with hubby and portia near our amazing pretty tree. Wrapped some gifts while Greg did an hour of work before bed. And man I slept good!

Tonite is the company wide holiday party, supposedly they throw great parties. They rented out museum and it's cocktail attire so I am wearing the dress I wore to my friend's summer wedding with a wrap and heels. Greg is wearing a suit. Should be a lot of fun as our team is pretty cool and I have two non-work friends who work there too. So I'm hoping to get a run/walk workout in right after work (leaving 30 min early) and then come home, shower and get ready for the party.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous Friday, YAY for wkds!! We have 2 parties this wkd and then my Dad's bday brunch on Sunday. Busy. Glad 3/4 of my shopping is done, whee. Now just gotta wait for it all to arrive to finish wrapping and then mail Greg's fam's stuff next wk.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
It''s so crazy that I work in a hospital and they keep offering free food, but most of the food is junk! Today they were giving out cinnamon buns, cookies, ice cream, and the healthier stuff was packaged sliced apples (with lots of preservatives), baby carrots with lite dressing as dip, and bananas. The cinnamon buns smelled so good, I couldn''t resist taking one. Then I took two bites and decided it was too sweet, so I threw it out. Then I went for the ice cream, of which I also took two bites and decided I shouldn''t be eating it. So I ended up just snacking on my carrots.

Steph, I''m quite sure my BF% is skewed "low" because I am small-chested. That''s good or bad depending on how you look at it.
40.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results