shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 30th April till 6th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/3/2007 7:30:32 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

Maria, what's a treadclimber? Is that like the stairs of an escalator that just keep going continuously? Those things are HARD!
Nope, the contraption I think you're talking about, the eternal-going-up-the-down-escalator-from-hell, is called a Stairmaster? Yep, those are hard; I don't do those!

A treadclimber is like a treadmill that is split in half, one half for each foot. It has the conveyor belt of a treadmill but the two halves are going up and down (like treadles) as you walk forward. So it's supposed to simulate taking a hike up a hill. The ones at my gym allow you to change the incline from minimum to maximum (means the treadles move up/down lower or higher) and adjust the speed of the conveyor belt. You can't run on them, just 'hike' with more or less fervor depending on your settings. Well, at least I've never *seen* anyone run on one -- I know I couldn't without killing myself. I can't even walk on it without holding on to the handles unless it's going really slow.

The gym I belong to got a ton of them in, each one has it's own flat panel TV screen with all the cable channels. This means I've watched some incredibly stupid TV shows that I would never think to watch otherwise...Girls Next Door anyone?
6.gif
I swear it was already on the screen and, like a trainwreck, I had to look!

Sorry to hear you're undiagnosed but it is really good that it's NOT a blood clot in your lung. That is so scary. Happened to my mother who is now OK taking Coumadin for the rest of her life but it could have killed her. Hopefully they'll be able to diagnose you soon.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi!
Deejay, I''ll be thinking of you. I hope they can figure out what is going on soon.
Rod, I don''t want to say my exact location b/c of this being a public website that anyone can see... and after having my identity stolen earlier this year I am being extra cautious! No offense intended :)
I''ve unpacked like 7 boxes out of about 100.... but that has got to be burning some calories. I feel like I have not sat down in 3 days. Also, since all dishes and everything are packed, we have been eating out... DH brought burritoes home from one of those low fat healthy-mex chains. I got full halfway through and saved the rest for tomorrow''s lunch. There was a time when I would have eaten the whole thing, so I was proud!

Mara, that''s good to know about the sushi. I did not realize it had so many calories. Sushi is one thing I can just eat and eat and not feel full. I need to be more careful of the calorie count! I make sushi actually (just veg rolls and cooked stuff) so I know what you mean about having a lot of rice compacted in there. It doesn''t look like much but it adds up.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah gail i love sushi and it IS healthy for you...but the rice packs cals for sure. but actually if i am going to splurge, i figure sushi is like one of the healthiest things you can eat right?! plus it's so tasty. but rod eats it all the time and still managed to lose his weight...i think the key for me is when i know that we are going to have a big splurge evening...i try to eat smaller amounts the rest of the day so that my total per day is not too crazy. most of the time on the weekends we eat less during the day anyway and we tend to eat out that night so it works out okay i think.

so greg actually surprised me at work this afternoon, he left work a little early and drove to my office to visit...i had him meet my boss and coworkers and then we walked together down to my parents house to pick up portia, then we walked back and drove home. lol re portia melting away, actually she seems like she has thickened out a little and she goes to daycare too! you think she'd be tired but on the walks she actually pulls me along half the time on the way back! she's definitely got a ton of energy, but the funny thing is that if we have a lazy day, she will lay around with us too. she is really the best type of dog, she does whatever we want to do basically!

came home and made dinner, which was TJ pizzas and salad. added a lot of garlic powder, a little extra lf mozz and some red pepper...yummy!! then for dessert i had 3/4 cup of vanilla bean gelato and 1/2 a Crave brownie wedge. extra yummy. i have had a lighter day so far at about 1470 cals, and i probably won't eat anything else tonite...i am trying to be better about eating too much before bed especially as my body doesn't really need anything else to go to sleep!

hope everyone had a great day...DJ congrats on not having a clot but it's a drag that they can't figure out what is wrong, ugh! good on getting rid of a few of those 5 lbs though. orangevixen, so glad to see you checking in woman, kudos on the marathon!! hope all is going well for you, we should hook up soon and go shopping! i am always up for a mall visit hehe. kcourselle good for you on getting the run in and same for you nyc...yay on the walk. mrs salvo hope your walk was good, and skippy good for getting the step in..some days i have more energy than others. i figure on the days i DO have it, i just run with it.

tomorrow is friday yay!!!

oh edited to add, ROD and GAIL...did either of you ever eat at the red room tapas lounge? also i read about humble pie which has tapas and is a bakery too. either of these worth trying out? i think we are going to do mura on wednesday when we get into town that evening, seems like that is the most 'low key' kind of place for us to go that night...and then visiting second empire on either thurs or friday and then one other place on the other night...that is what we are stuck on, the 3rd place. there are so many options, i've looked at menus at nana's and magnolia and also midtowne (the one you recommended rod...i think it's called midtown grill?) and they all seem great but it just depends on kind of what we want to eat. so anyway...i thought tapas in a cool environment might be fun and the red room looks pretty trendy and young and fun...thoughts? we are thinking of breakfast on our way out on saturday morning at the market place you recommended gail..and seeing where lunches take us depending on where we are and in what town and all that. any cute lunch cafe places either of you might recommend for when we are out driving around in like cary, wake forest, or durham or similar?

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Happy Friday Everyone.
35.gif

Good workout week. M-W-F morning I did 45 minutes of a total body weight training tape. T-Th morning I did 50 minutes of step. I feel good and I''m pleased that I did something each day (though I tried to talk myself out of it on several occassions!). Eating has been much better this week. It''ll all go out the window tonight though as I''m hosting a cinquo de mayo bunco party at my house complete with yummy full fat nacho dips, taquitos, jalapeno poppers, home made caramel popcorn (with more butter and sugar than I care to mention) and frozen margueritas to boot! How quickly I will undo all this week''s hard work!!
39.gif

Anyone else play bunco??

Kudos to everyone.

DeeJay - glad to hear you don''t have a blood clot...

Wish I could write more but gotta run the kiddies to pre-school. Have a good day!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara,

I was going through my recipes yesterday and found the one I jotted down with the cake and soda. I got a French Vanilla mix (is there a reg van.?), all they had. I used a Diet Cherry Vanilla Coke with it. It''s in the oven now. Question is, do you ice it? and if so, any preference? Or do you just eat it plain?

It does smell yummy!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, I have been to both. The Red Room had decent food, but for me, since it''s more of a bar, it was waaaaaaay too smoky in there. I wrote about this one not too long ago, but North Carolina still permits smoking in restaurants and bars. They are trying to enact new legislation that would ban smoking in public spaces, but they''re having difficulties with it as NC is, after all, a tobacco growing state. Humble Pie was just not good. At least the night we went there it surely wasn''t. Everything we had was SO oversalted. I just can''t recommend Humble Pie at all. Red Room was decent, but the smoke thing bothered me. I do think you''ll be pleased with Mura and Second Empire. Those are two really good choices. My other choices would be Midtowne, Bogarts, Sullivans or for something quirky, odd, not expensive and fun try Nofo at the Pig at Five Points. The scallop appetizer is to die for. Yummmm, I''m salivating just thinking about that appetizer.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy happy Friday!

The HH made reservations at some nouveau Mexican place tonight so I''m making myself be good all day. Oatmeal for breakfast (instead of coffee and a slice of pumpkin loaf from Starbucks, which is how I usually treat myself on Fridays!), soup for lunch, yogurt and pudding for snacks. But come dinner--watch out!

I have two clients and an open house this weekend so I''m planning on stocking the car with 100 cal snack packs (which I have to hide in the glove compartment or else the clients eat those instead of the big box of other snacks I have in the back seat for them!) to curb my temptation to do something *bad* when I get hungry.

Rod, I love scallops... now you''ve got me thinking about them--at 9:15 am, and on a day when I have to be good, LOL!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/4/2007 10:05:59 AM
Author: Ellen
Mara,

I was going through my recipes yesterday and found the one I jotted down with the cake and soda. I got a French Vanilla mix (is there a reg van.?), all they had. I used a Diet Cherry Vanilla Coke with it. It''s in the oven now. Question is, do you ice it? and if so, any preference? Or do you just eat it plain?

It does smell yummy!
I hope I am in line for a piece of that!
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DJ if the clients like the 100 cal snacks why don't you stock those for them too instead of the full fat stuff and then next time YOU won't be tempted either! win win! hehe.

Ellen I never actually made the diet cakes even though I have all the stuff for them, I just know I would want to eat the entire thing haha. But I figure next time I have to bake cupcakes for an office thing or something, that is the way I am going...I have read that some people make a light 'glaze' and top it that way, but others use frosting and yet others just eat it plain kind of like a muffin kind of way. Or you can just even dust with confectioners sugar for a pretty look with not many cals. So anyway, let us know how yours turns out and what you end up doing!!

Rod, okay thanks for the reviews, I actually hate smoky restaurants, coming from California where it's smoke-free in any building kind of thing...it drives me nuts when people smoke outside at restaurants too (even though that is illegal here too). So no on the Red Room then and if Humble Pie isn't good then not interested either. I looked at Sullivan's but isn't it a chain? That kind of turned me off a little. Midtowne looked good, but I am kind of leaning towards Magnolia because it's menu looked pretty eclectic, like Southern but with a twist. And if we are doing Sushi and a really upscale kind of thing at Second Empire, it might be fun to do a little Southerny-but-not-too-much thing.

Anyway Gail if you have any recommends on cafe lunch type places during our driving around days, please chime in!!! I still have to book our hotel, I am having the hardest time because I want just get the Marriott Crabtree but it's like $220 a night without taxes and fees added in and sorry but the images just do not look like it's remotely worth $200+ a night!!! So I was looking at the Embassy Suites which I think is in Crabtree and it has the same 'rating' and amenities and mediocre look/pictures to it, but it's like $130 a night.So I'm like well how important is it to have a nice room, are we going to really be there much? I just have to figure it out soon and get booking...but I hate when I feel like I am overpaying for a mediocre hotel. We thought about staying in the hotel that is in I think Chapel Hill where Il Palio restaurant is, it got 5 stars and it's only like $230 a night, but there's no exercise room and I really need to have one so I am not 'forced' to seek out a gym since I am not sure how much time we'll have if the gym isn't in the hotel. We already have our car rental and all that so it's just the hotel I am dragging my feet on.

Yay for Friday!! Tonite we are meeting 2 sets of couple friends from a previous job, I stayed friends with the gals and it's been a while since we have seen each other and all our hubbies know each other so we are getting together for dinner in downtown San Jose. The place looks awesome, kind of like an upscale bar/restaurant where there's a trendy scene but a separate section for the restaurant as well...and the menu looks right up our alley...so I am excited to try something new and within walking distance (a mile). So today I am going to eat lighter again...breakfast was fiber one honey flakes (for a change from the twigs!) w/strawberries and cinnamon, ff milk and coffee. Lunch I am not positive on but I think it is just going to be a hodgepodge of a few things, I have a 140 cal chicken marsala LC at work already but in case I don't feel like it, I am bringing two Boca burgers, they are 100 cals each with 4g fiber and 13g protein EACH. So I figure if I feel like I need some sort of nutrition boost, these will help! And a container of fresh broccoli I'm going to heat up in the micro at work. I lately have been craving veggies and stuff. Even if I just eat the LC I will add the broccoli into it and mix it all up for some additional veggie love. 0% Fage, Fruit (most likely canteloupe), and various office snacks (hehe I have just learned to add them into my day since I will eat them anyway! at least now someone has trail mix with nuts and raisins which is at least healthy!) for snacks today. I want to get a 1m walk in today too and then hit up the gym after work. Then we'll do our walk tonite to and from dinner. Action packed day!!

Hope everyone is enjoying it....weekend is just around the corner! I have a busy day tomorrow too with a Westie event, a 3 hour haircut and then a bachelorette cinco de mayo party which should be FUN...but at least on Sunday we can relax and rest!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2007 10:29:58 AM
Author: Lorelei

I hope I am in line for a piece of that!
3.gif
You may not want one now.
39.gif

My timer didn''t go off. It cooked a good 5 min. longer than it should have. And I ran like a mad woman when I realized the timer should have gone off, flung the door open and hastily grabbed the pan, burning my finger.
29.gif

*sigh*

I''m sure it will edible, albeit a bit dry. I just feel bad cuz I so rarely make anything sweet, and when I do, it''s usually for someone else. Makes my kids mad. lol So I thought I''d do something just for them.... Oh well, it''s sweet, they''ll eat it.
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2007 10:38:40 AM
Author: Mara
Ellen I never actually made the diet cakes even though I have all the stuff for them, I just know I would want to eat the entire thing haha. But I figure next time I have to bake cupcakes for an office thing or something, that is the way I am going...I have read that some people make a light ''glaze'' and top it that way, but others use frosting and yet others just eat it plain kind of like a muffin kind of way. Or you can just even dust with confectioners sugar for a pretty look with not many cals. So anyway, let us know how yours turns out and what you end up doing!!
lol I was posting at the same time. Considering it''s going to be dry
20.gif
, I think I''ll make a real icing now. I did think about a dusting of powdered sugar.

I''ll still let ya know, and thanks.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thought I could smell burning....
41.gif

I hope your finger heals soon, run it under the cold tap for a few.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, the Embassy Suites are right next to the Marriott at Crabtree. I surely wouldn't spend $220 a night for the Marriott either. Raleigh doesn't have a lot of high end hotels unfortunately. Based on what I saw the Embassy Suites look nice and at half the price of the Marriott, the location can't be beat.

eta: We never made it to Magnolia so I can't comment on that. I don't know if Sullvans is a chain or not. It's pretty high end though and since you are going to Second Empire which is truly high end, Sullivans might be too much. I truly recommend 115 Midtowne Grill a we just loved it there. Make a reservation as even at the Midtowne, smoking is permitted in the bar area which is directly next to the restaurant. It's ventilated well though as you don't smell smoke in the restaurant. And again, you might really enjoy Nofo at the Pig. Upstairs is a store with all sorts of ecclectic items and the restaurant's downstairs. It's not fancy, nor is it expensive, but it is good and fun.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/4/2007 10:38:40 AM
Author: Mara
DJ if the clients like the 100 cal snacks why don''t you stock those for them too instead of the full fat stuff and then next time YOU won''t be tempted either! win win! hehe.

''Cuz the 100 cals snack packs cost a fortune, but the big variety boxes we get a Costco for cheap! The million + buyers can have the 100 cal packs, but everyone under that is having Doritos and Mini Oreos, LOL!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning!

I am sooooo wanting sushi because of all the sushi talk
27.gif
; at 6 this morning I told hubby we are going out to eat sushi tonight.
2.gif
3.gif

I am going to ask hubby if he wants to walk to the sushi place tonight.

Mara, all the people in your office sound so cute (sweet)! I love reading about your day and how everyone takes someone out for their b-day and how they make cookies for each other! Gosh, now I want to work in your office.hehehe
2.gif

Have a wonderful Friday all
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay rod good to know about the embassy suites...i think we might just do that..since honestly we don''t tend to spend a ton of time in the room on a vacation like this, as we will prefer to be out and about walking around and checking things out since we''re supposed to be determining if we can reside there and be happy! we''d much rather spend the extra $100 per day on fab food hehee. and thanks for the info also on the restaurants. i will check out midtowne again. not sure what we want to do, we might just play it by ear and make a ressie when we get there, aka the day before and see what we feel like eating. raleigh kicks off a week and a half east coast trip which will include so much eating it''s not even funny...aka we''ll be in raleigh the 3 nights, then on sunday and monday at greg''s dad''s house in MD there will be mega partying going on as they are having a huge memorial bash with a bunch of friends coming in from new jersey and other surrounding states and they live on the lake so it''s a ton of fun...and then when we get to greg''s mom''s house later in the week, aljdewey is actually flying out to meet up with us for a day (yay can''t wait to see my soul sister again!!) so we are doing dinner and breakfast, and then we are meeting 2-3 sets of greg''s friends for basically lunch and dinner on one day. add in that greg''s mom always cooks for us when we visit...and i will be a big balloon o''food when i return. this is why i already have my workout schedule all planned out, i will only not work out the 2 days that we are on the road...the rest of the time either has gym planned or long walks (aka greg''s dad lives in the middle of nowhere so you can walk around for hours out there on the country roads) to stay active. so as much as i love the idea of doing super high end raleigh stuff, i also want to be aware that those days just kick off massive food consumption, and i tend to get food hangovers after too many rich items now and need a day or two of ''food downtime'' which i won''t have on this trip so just want to keep that in mind.

babbling now!! anyway, we are excited about our trip, sad we won''t get to meet you rod!! but we might be in tampa at some point over the next year or two, actually greg''s cousin is getting married in the tampa area this summer, but i don''t think we''ll be able to make it out as we have some other things planned. but we''re thinking about it. so we''ll see.

ellen sorry your cake came out burnt...some nice glaze will take care of that hehee. skippy enjoy your sushi tonite, mmmm. and yes it''s so funny, my coworkers and the surrounding groups are really so incredibly nice. greg came to visit yesterday and he was amazed at how positive and chipper everyone is...the company he works for is kind of a large ''world domination'' kind of place and the only time anyone makes a big deal out of anything is when something goes wrong rather than right. so while he was sitting here in my cube a coworker sent a ''thanks for pulling this together so quickly everyone'' kind of email and her font was like lavendar with swirlies and smilies and he just started laughing. he was like wow this is all just so positive. i think he was a little jealous.
3.gif

on a funny note about wanting to work here....one of the positions newly opened on our team is a contract juniorish kind of position which i think is perfect for my old coworker, so she submitted her resume directly to my boss and they are doing a phone interview today and my boss says she is very interested. so i am keeping my fingers crossed, it would be so awesome to work with my old coworker again and she is dying to get out from under psychowoman''s thumb!!! and since this is a contract to perm kinda thing, it pays really well and it would give her some really valuable experience and challenge her big time. so i am keeping my fingers crossed for her!

uh oh i just heard that this afternoon there is a baby shower for a gal that i didn''t know about, i can see my well-intentioned eating day going out the window, i heard the word cupcakes mentioned?!
6.gif
hehee.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
mara, i know what you mean about preparing yourself for the food-fest: i leave tomorrow morning for our week-long conference in San Fran, so i will be eating all meals out and am already dreading all the excess calories! i love going out occasionally, but not all the time for a whole week. i have promised myself that i will try to make healthy choices as much as possible, and i''ve packed my workout gear so i can hit the gym at the hotel, but it''s hard when i know i''ll have relatively little control over my schedule or where we''re eating. i''m preparing myself for a little blip on the scale when i return, but i know it will come back off once i''ve been back on schedule at home for a bit.

i''ve been chugging along with my good food and exercise this week. i''ve exercised almost every day since i know i won''t get as much in next week. i''m currently sitting down to a tuna wrap made with just a touch of mayo and tons of fresh spinach on a la tortilla factory tortilla and some pink grapefruit. later i''ll have a kashi granola bar pre-elliptical, and then dinner is a chickpea and green bean curry with brown rice. probably also some slow churned ice cream for dessert when i take a break from packing! (french silk is the best....my biggest problem is not totally pigging out on it since i love it so much!)

tomorrow morning is my last serving of fage for breakfast, and then off to the airport! i am going to bring some healthy snacks on the plane too - it will be too early for lunch before we get onboard, but it''s a long flight...i''m sure i will get hungry and i don''t want to be stuck with junky plane food. i''m thinking about a kashi granola bar and an apple with a little peanut butter.

dj, i hope you have a diagnosis by the time i get back!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2007 10:47:20 AM
Author: Lorelei
Thought I could smell burning....
41.gif

I hope your finger heals soon, run it under the cold tap for a few.
Har har.
25.gif

And thanks, I did, to no avail. I have a blister now.
20.gif

However, I may have somewhat saved the cake. It didn''t actually burn Mara, well, I never smelled it burning. I haven''t cut a piece out yet, but I''m assuming it''s just going to be VERY brown on the bottom.

So what I did was make an icing I use on a Cherry Chocalate cake. It''s a chocolate icing you mix in a pot on the stove. You''re supposed to then let it cool, beat it til thick and then spread. So I took a wooden spoon and used the other end to poke holes in the cake. Then I poured the frosting over it instead of letting it cool. So it ran in all the holes. Then I evened out the top.

I''ll let ya know how it goes, but heck, how bad could it be with icing IN the cake!!?
9.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen, so sorry you burned your finger and now have a blister. Burns can be so painful to be sure. I hope it heals quickly.

Mara, the one thing I regret about leaving Raleigh is not being there to show you and Greg around. I feel we''ve become good friends through PS and I would love to meet you. I met Charlie for lunch today at International Plaza and we ate at the Earl of Sandwich (SO GOOD) and I was telling him you had asked about Red Room and Humble Pie. He completely agreed with my assessment and then he even commented that as much as he''s heard about you and Greg it would have been fun to get to meet you in person and have dinner with you both. SO, do try to attend that family wedding in Tampa. We''d definitely show you a nice time down here! You could see our condo and you''d understand why we had such a difficult time leaving it. And our favorite Sushi place is just around the corner and I think you''d really like it. It might be short on atmosphere, but boy is the Sushi ever good.

Anyway, it''s great you and Alj are getting together for sure. It would be ''uber'' cool if you ever made it to Tampa too!

I''m going to go to the gym this afternoon and pretty much just do elliptical. I''ll do some core stuff as I always do core when I have the opportunity, but I need to let my muscles in my arms rest up for our training session tomorrow. We''re not having Sushi tonight......bummer. We had forgotten we had plans with friends tonight and neither of them eats Sushi, so they''re coming by the condo to see it (they hadn''t seen it since we moved in) and then we''re going to some new restaurant called The Fly. It''s on Franklin street downtown, which is undergoing a rennaisance with all these condo towers being built. The first of which just opened, so the area is becoming completely revitalized. Downtown Tampa is a really neat place, but it''s been a day place, with the sidewalks being rolled up at night. Now, with all these towers being built (including our very own Trump Towers), downtown should become a really neat place to work and live.

Anyway, will likely check in again later. I hope you''re all looking forward to a great Friday and a wonderful weekend.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Just had a second free...
Mara, I''m not sure about good lunch places, but many of the places recommended for dinner are probably also good lunch choices! If you are in Chapel Hill there are a ton of good places on Franklin St. Just wander downtown and you will likely find something great. 411 west is great, and I''ve heard Crooks Corner is great upscale southern - I''ve never been but it is kind of a tradition famous for the shrimp and grits. Oh, there is a famous gourmet store in CH called A Southern Season which has great prepared food and a pretty good salad bar. They also have a nice sit-down restaurant there. Also if you are around CH on a Friday afternoon check out the drinks and live music at the Carolina Inn, I think they do it from 5-7.This is another historic hotel on the UNC campus. All kinds of people go, usually young professionals not all students.
If you are thinking fo spending in the $200 range per night and you are deciding between the Sienna in CH and the Crabtree Marriott, I would definitely stay at the Sienna. (of course, it really depends on whether you want to spend more time in Raleigh or in Chapel Hill.) I''ve never stayed there, but it is historic and people just LOVE IT. The weather should be nice and you''ll be able to walk/jog around historic chapel hill to get some exercise. Have a wonderful trip! When is it again?

I am doing so much better today with eating, had a delicious tuna sandwich for lunch with veggies and am at about 600 cals for the day. Looking forward to sushi or salad bar for dinner tonight. Can''t wait to get my kitchen unpacked and start cooking again!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2007 1:29:29 PM
Author: Rod
Ellen, so sorry you burned your finger and now have a blister. Burns can be so painful to be sure. I hope it heals quickly.
Thanks Rod. It''s more annoying now than anything. It would help if the cake would have been worth it.

My conclusion, even if I hadn''t overcooked it is, not worth it.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Friday All!

I spent the day subbing in a kindergarten class, what a fun group of kids! I really need to work on my confidence in the classroom. I spend a lot of time second guessing myself (in my head, not outloud, of course).

We''re going to a restaurant in Hillcrest tonight, an east meets west fusion sort of place that looks really good.

I''m glad it''s the weekend. Looking forward to some time to clean out my car, do some school work and relax.

Keep up the great work everyone!

K

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm betting your a truly wonderful teacher Kimberly. I think we all second guess ourselves, so don't beat yourself up. I'm thinking some very lucky children got to be in your custody today!!

Whatever good I've done all week fitness and eating was simply thrown out the window tonight. I'm afraid I wasn't a good boy, but oh boy did I ever have a good time. We ate at this new restaurant in downtown Tampa ("The Fly" - Cool Name). There are brand new condo's right next door (wouldn't want to live there though, because the restaurant also has a roof lounge and the balconies of the condos are adjacent to the lounge). We had a drink up there before dinner and we could watch a couple eating in their condo, which was kind of not good. The restaurant is really cool and hip and it's a Tapas restaurant. We LOVE good Tapas and this place was just terrific. Everything we had was wonderful, from the scallop civiche, to the hamburger sliders, to the fried calamari. We actually ordered 8 dishes for the 4 of us, and they were pretty large dishes to boot, but everything was just so flavorful (and not too salty like our last Tapas experience in Raleigh) and the atmosphere was just so much fun. I also had some imported beer, with a German name that I can't recall, but it was soo goood. One funny thing, we ordered, based on our servers recommendation, the pommes frites......duh, I took French in shcool and just wasn't paying attention. Of course we received french fries, with unique aioli dipping sauces, but french fries would not have been ordered had we thought about what we ordered. They were really good fries, but I don't usually eat fries anymore, so that added to the indulgence too.

We wound up at Starbucks for coffee and desert and I had a scone on top of the dinner.

Tomorrow morning we have our training session, so I'm sure our trainer will kick out butts and I'll burn off those calories big time.

I hope you all had a nice Friday night. From the lack of posts, I'm guessing everyone was out (hopefully) having fun.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
well i gorged myself with tacos i made tonight.
1.gif
they were so yummy i couldn''t help myself. tomorrow is going to be a bad cheating day--1st a bbq with tons of good stuff--i''m going to try to restrain myself...and tomorrow night is going to be a big night out and i know there will be lots of cocktails that need to be drunk....damn this cinco de mayo
9.gif

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone
35.gif

I''m back and still working out at the gym and eating healthy.

Enjoy the weekend.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to see you Jeff
35.gif

I did another workout last night, my usual 45 mins.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Oh my did we have a dining experience last night. Started off with panfried chicken potstickers w/ woked veggies, basil and balsamic chile oil. For dinner John had teriyaki glazed halibut and I had blackened jerk chicken satay stack w/ melons, pineapple and a chili corn cake. For dessert we split the most delicious hazelnut napoleon. It was so big we couldn''t finish it. I also had two glasses of pinot, not usually my fave wine, but it paired well with the meal.

Today is a MUST exercise day. We''re going to lay low tonight as Cinco de Mayo can be a bit crazy in San Diego. John is going to make carne asada and we''ll just hang out at home. I need to go mother''s day shopping this afternoon. Tomorrow we''re going house hunting and then to a great little bar and grille in Little Italy for hamburgers and french fries.

I think I''ve hit my maintaining point as my weight continues to be quite steady at 125, which is awesome!

We finally sold the condo that I lived in when I first moved to San Diego (it''s been on the market for 4 months, there are a glut of condos in the San Diego area) and when we met with our agent to sign papers yesterday she was like "you are so thin!" Which is really strange to hear from a woman who weighs 90 lbs. (literally).

Thanks for your vote of confidence, Rod. I know that in time I will become quite good at this, I just need to keep reminding myself that I am new and learning and that''s a great place to be! Your dinner sounds DELICIOUS! So glad you enjoyed it.

NYC, enjoy your slurgy weekend and just jump back on the bandwagon tomorrow. We all have to have our food fun!

Jeff, it''s so good to see you!

Lorelei, as always you are a exercise inspiration!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
kimberly your dinner sounds yummy and you too rod. you guys know i am a total foodie so i love reading descriptions of everyone else's TASTY foods. hehee. nyc don't worry about some splurges, just have fun! jeff good to see you and lorelei kudos on keeping up with the workout routine! when is the two dessert thing happening? hehe.

so yesterday at the baby shower at work i was pretty darn naughty, hehe but it felt good. there were just so many tasty things. i swear i don't know how everyone isn't totally chubby there!! me included hehe. so then after work i went right to the gym to work it off!! i only had about 50 minutes so i burned about 400 cals on the elliptical, i got a really 'hard' elliptical which i hate and it really worked out my legs hard but it was the only one avail then i didn't feel like moving when another one became avail. i figured it was penance for the afternoon indulgences lol.

came home, showered and got ready, then we walked about 1m+ into downtown for dinner with our group of friends. i haven't seen these coworkers really since i left about 8 months ago and i missed them!! one of them i am pretty good friends with and talk to a fair amount, and we totally all get along with each other's spouses so i am glad we finally were able to meet up. the restaurant was very tasty, and trendy, somewhat the dark club lounge ambiance but with really yummy food. we ended up just sharing a bunch of small plates. we had ahi tuna tostadas with corn and avocado, garlic noodles, tender panko breaded calamari, seared sea scallops, mango glazed pork tenderloins, mango and lobster salad, curried saffron rice, some pan roasted flatbreads, seared ahi tuna, and a few other things i can't remember. everything was great. their drinks were amazing, we all tried a few different ones but the fave of the evening was the raspberry mojito, served in a long tall glass, and it was a little 'fizzy'...sooo tasty!! dessert we shared a tiramisu, double chocolate cake, and bananas foster, all three which were great but the chocolate cake was the winner of the evening i think.

it was funny how i was like 'oh im am not even hungry, i won't even really eat much' then was like mmmm this is all so tasty! lol. so then we walked home and went to bed. i was glad we got the walks in because at least it keeps digestion going because we ate a little later...also i didn't wake up with any sort of food hangover today and i think it was mostly because of the activity kind of before and after the dinner.

so this morning i had fiber one with a bit of crushed pumpkin granola, cinnamon, strawberries, and ff milk and then coffee. i have an action packed day today, we are heading out soon to an annual bayarea westie event at this park, which is so much fun for portia, they have games and stuff setup for the dogs and it's just so cute to see them all together. then i have a hair appt this afternoon which always is like 3+ hours. and i need to get my ~4m walk in at some point. then later this evening i have a bachelorette party at a mexican place, we have our own private room, so it should be a fun time!! eat drink and be merry. the best part is that greg is dropping me and the bride off and picking us up so we don't have to worry about driving. and the place is not in downtown or anything which typically gets CRAZY on cinco de mayo so i am glad we will be well off the beaten path.

anyway hope everyone is having a great saturday, it's sunny here which is great after two days of gloom and rain this week...enjoy!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
35.gif
Morning!

I was unable to go for a walk yesterday; too windy!! Sushi was yummy!

Will walk today.

Glad to see you back Modified Brilliant!!!!

Kimberly and Mara awesome for maintaining!!!!! Kimberly, Mara, Lorelei and Rod you help keep me going
2.gif
3.gif
Thanks for all the positive exercise talk
9.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2007 1:17:06 PM
Author: Skippy123
35.gif
Morning!

I was unable to go for a walk yesterday; too windy!! Sushi was yummy!

Will walk today.

Glad to see you back Modified Brilliant!!!!

Kimberly and Mara awesome for maintaining!!!!! Kimberly, Mara, Lorelei and Rod you help keep me going
2.gif
3.gif
Thanks for all the positive exercise talk
9.gif
Skippy, I''m so glad sushi was yummy! And thatI help keep you motivated! Being healthy takes a lot of encouragement and motivation and you are a great example of both of those things!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results