shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 30th April till 6th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Rod - I know you''re right about getting the ring resized. Its just such a pain - I have no idea how much my size has gone down, so I''ll have to go get sized, and then figure out if I''m sending my rings back to Whiteflash for sizing (I hate being without them) or if there''s a reputable place that could do it fast locally...
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening WWT''ers!!

so after my gorging cookie slash cupcake afternoon, i headed off to the gym and did 480 cals on the elliptical and 10 minutes on arm weights for about a total of ~525 cals burned. figure i worked off like 3/4 of the splurging afternoon hehe.

dinner tonite was BBQ chicken quesadillas made with the TJ''s shredded chicken breast bbq''d chicken and they were SERIOUSLY YUMMY!!!! i sliced some onions, heated up the bbq chicken in the micro, then made the quesadillas with the la tortilla factory tortillas on my skillet with some bbq chicken, sliced onions, 2% fat jack cheese and a bit of garlic powder. then i have some mango peach salsa i got at the store so i put that on top (15 cals!) and YUM!!! greg absolutely loved them. he loves BBQ chicken sandwiches and he said this reminded him of this one we get at this local salad/sandwich place. best part is that each quesadilla was only about 175 cals.

i just had one quesadilla which was actually very filling, and then like 1/4 of a TJ garden salad (greg ate the rest). for dessert i am having a bow of canteloupe but i might cut down the portion because i''m pretty full and we are going to bed in about an hour so i don''t want to overeat before bed.

so amazingly enough even though i ate way too many treats this afternoon, because of my light dinner i am still within an okay cal range which is good. and i burned extra cals today at the gym so that''s a plus too. on a plus as well i am still maintaining on the scale so i feel pretty good about that with the splurges and eating out we did last week and weekend...i am keeping fingers crossed that my routine of working out and walking and then eating mostly what i want and having some really good days too is a long-term plan i can continue to stick with and stay the same weight and measurements. i am really happy where i am at now.

anyway, sounds like everyone had a good day..skippy don''t worry about having some bad days. every day is a new one! i have my good and bad...but just keep your hawaii goal in memory. dj congrats on the house closing!! amber re: the ring sizing, can you get a ring guard or sizing balls put in for now then have them resized when you lose all your weight? i don''t know that i''d want to resize twice personally. but be sure that you resize when you are at a weight that you can really stay at long-term so that you don''t have to resize again. i have definitely lost weight in my hands/fingers kinda thing, but i''m stuck because my rings are eternity. they are a little more loose for sure and they drive me nuts when they spin but i don''t know what to do just yet.

congrats gail on the potential new job! febbride, re the fake sugars, no i don''t really worry. there''s so much stuff in so many aspects of our lives that ''could be bad'' so i can''t be paranoid about everything. also i read an article in a recently health magazine about how they were wrong about how nutrasweet caused cancer (now they are finding it out or something apparently...years later) and that the fake sugars now are actually less potentially harmful than back then anyway because they know so much more or something. anyway it said as long as you don''t overdose on the fake sugars it should be no big deal. it said that you can have X amount of nutrasweet, Y amount of another one and it said something like 30 packets of splenda is okay per day as the max. i honestly don''t like the taste of the fake sugars that much, so i only have it in a few things, like sugar free jello or the maple syrups, but many times they are also sweetened with some elements of ''natural'' sugar like malitol or similar. so i do have a few things like that too. but overall i try not to consume too much processed sugar regardless.

hope everyone had a great day and evening!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have missed 3 days working out, but will fit one in later for sure. Still I find that isn''t always a bad thing as it helps keep my keister (sp?) on it''s toes
17.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tonight is step aerobics. Does anyone do step??? Just curious.
20.gif

Everyone sounds like they are doing great!

Have a great day.

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Hi Skippy...I usually lurk here but wanted to say that I LUUURVE step aerobics. I''m not a runner but give me a good step class and I''m all over it. I keep it low impact for my aging knees (!) but, for me, nothing beats step for the fun and sweat factor. One of my friends says we get all "boy" sweaty...lol. I alternate step with weighted workouts and sometimes some yoga/pilates.

Mara - I think I am around where you were when you began your journey. I''m 5''8" and have always been a muscular 130lbs...even after I had my kids... that is until I became a stay at home mom/then a work at home mom... I''ve eaten my way to 145lbs over the last 2.5 years... My whole body composition changed. Time to get serious and drop the belly pudge and hopefully some pounds too. (Hence my lurking on the WWT!)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2007 7:58:14 AM
Author: Skippy123
20.gif

skippy, I love to do step but the times of the classes never seem to work into my schedule. i went to an advanced step class a couple of weeks ago and it kicked my booty with the choreography. I used to do step years ago (taught classes even) and all the new moves/terminology was so over my head I stood marching or just doing basic step for most of the class. I do want to go back though b/c it''s fun. the classes just always start right when i have to drop my girls off at school or they are scheduled when the nursery isn''t open or late in the day when I have to be home. according to calorie-count.com a step class burns around 500 calories, up to 600 if you use a higher bench.

so, making my cupcakes now for the school party. they smell good but since i''m going to the gym right after I drop my daughter off I know I can resist. I just home they eat them all and none come back home. I got up early again and walked Zoe and I''m hoping to get a good 45 minutes min. on the elliptical today.

mara, the bbq chicken you made sounds divine!! I''ll have to try it.

i hope everyone has a great day.

amber: re: your ring, some gals have purchased the snuggies or something from claire''s. You might see if something like that works first before anything else. i agree with mara that I probably wouldn''t want to size my ring more than once.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/2/2007 8:30:47 AM
Author: Peachy
Hi Skippy...I usually lurk here but wanted to say that I LUUURVE step aerobics. I''m not a runner but give me a good step class and I''m all over it. I keep it low impact for my aging knees (!) but, for me, nothing beats step for the fun and sweat factor. One of my friends says we get all ''boy'' sweaty...lol. I alternate step with weighted workouts and sometimes some yoga/pilates.

Mara - I think I am around where you were when you began your journey. I''m 5''8'' and have always been a muscular 130lbs...even after I had my kids... that is until I became a stay at home mom/then a work at home mom... I''ve eaten my way to 145lbs over the last 2.5 years... My whole body composition changed. Time to get serious and drop the belly pudge and hopefully some pounds too. (Hence my lurking on the WWT!)
Glad you decided to stop lurking and join in Peachy, welcome
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

I''m feeling a bit better this morning, but still have the weird throat thing going on. Rod, I promise if I''m not better by Monday I''ll go the MD.

I''m spending the day observing a 1st gr. class and then meeting some girlfriends for dinner; I haven''t seen them in a month or so, should be fun. I just found out where we''re going so I''ll need to check out their website and see if they have a menu w/ calories.

Here''s my weigh in:

Week 17 Week 18
Height: 5''5" Height: 5''5"
Weight: 126.4 Weight: 125.4
Bust: 32" Bust: 32"
Waist: 26" Waist: 26"
Lower Waist: 32" Lower Waist: 32"
Bicep: 11.5" Bicep: 11.5"
Hips: 36” Hips: 36”
Thigh: 20" Thigh: 20"

Everything is the same except that lb. came back off.

Skip, no worries about the bad day, they happen to all of us.

Welcome, Peachy!

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
20.gif

Have a great day.
Skippy, I wrote a big long post about step that evaporated somehow. waaaaah

Suffice it to say that I LOVE step. It''s really the highlight of my day.

Can I ask how old you are? I''ve been doing it since it was invented (literally) and once kick-boxing came in I worried that step was going to die out because all the young people seemed to be doing kick-boxing. Step is so much harder to learn now than it was in the late ''80s when we (the former high and low impact aerobic nuts) were all learning together. Now it''s so choreographed and you have to learn all the lingo. But that''s what makes it so much fun!

I get a much better workout doing step than any other cardio activity I do. I don''t know if it''s because I bore easily on machines or if it''s the fact that you do all these propulsion moves in step where you are pushing your whole body, but I can sustain 85 - 90% of MHR in step and I just can''t do that on a machine or walking (I don''t run). It just really works for me.

Believe it or not, this post is shorter than the first one, LOL

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
well my son didn''t nap yesterday so no pilates for me..
7.gif
i did go for a walk in the afternoon. i ended up in the park talking to friends and then my walk was shorter than i would have liked
14.gif
. as my DH says i''m too social..lol well i plan on pilates and a nice fast long walk today. dinner was grilled chicken and peppers with veggies on the side over mashed potatos--i know not totally healthy, but it was delish!! today i have no clue what to make...i''ll have to peruse the healthy recipes and see whats new. my stats are pretty much the same as last week which is good because i''m maintaining. i''m up a few oz., but abs are firmer.
9.gif
hope everyone has a great day.

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/2/2007 9:39:18 AM
Author: Maria D

20.gif

Have a great day.

Suffice it to say that I LOVE step. It''s really the highlight of my day.

Can I ask how old you are? I''ve been doing it since it was invented (literally) and once kick-boxing came in I worried that step was going to die out because all the young people seemed to be doing kick-boxing. Step is so much harder to learn now than it was in the late ''80s when we (the former high and low impact aerobic nuts) were all learning together. Now it''s so choreographed and you have to learn all the lingo. But that''s what makes it so much fun!

I get a much better workout doing step than any other cardio activity I do. I don''t know if it''s because I bore easily on machines or if it''s the fact that you do all these propulsion moves in step where you are pushing your whole body, but I can sustain 85 - 90% of MHR in step and I just can''t do that on a machine or walking (I don''t run). It just really works for me.

Hi Maria:

Not Skippy...but I''m **gasp** just over the "new 30" and I feel that I get the best cardio workout from a well choreographed step class. The machines are far too boring for me and I give up on them far too quickly to get a good workout. I was a dancer as a kid so I''m lucky enough to be able follow all the fancy footwork after a brief learning period. I think that''s what makes it so fun for me...it''s almost like dancing (almost??)...Ha, ha. But then again, I need a "class" atmosphere even when I do weights... I''m a home exerciser, though. I can never quite get into going to the gym. I want to work out how and when I want and I always seem to be at odds with the class schedule at the gym. I have an arsenal of workout dvd''s...many of which are ok...but my new favorites are by Cathe Friedrich. Anyone heard of her? You can find her stuff on amazon.com or thru her own website www.cathe.com where you can see clips of the videos before you buy... Totally butt-kickin'' full body and cardio workouts that are very customizable...in case anyone''s looking... And let me know if you have any favorite programs to recommend!!

Lorelei and KimberlyH - thanks for the welcome!
35.gif
though I''ll probably just lurk most of the time!!

peachy

Shiny_Rock
And, Maria, I forgot to add that I HATE kick boxing. I do get a good workout from a cardio point of view but I find that I always hurt something...whether it be my knees from all the pivoting, or my shoulders from punching too hard/incorrectly/whatever. No thanks - I''ll stick with my step. Different strokes for different folks for sure!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome Peachy! sounds like you are already on the right track to get back down to where you want to be!

my measurements are basically the same yet again, weight is the same. 131 lbs, 5'7" with 35ish bust, 26.5" waist and 36" hips. my measurements typically fluctuate about 1/2" back and forth so some days i am smaller waisted and hipped or vice versa. i am pretty happy that i have seemed to maintain okay so hopefully i can keep that going.

today it's rainy outside, boo!!! i am hoping it clears up this afternoon so i can get a 2-3m walk in. i am meeting a girlfriend for sushi after the walk/work which is going to be yummy!! this morning i had fiber one with strawberries and cinnamon, ff milk and coffee. i am starting to ramp up quite quickly here at work now that the other gal is gone, and i have taken over a program that has thrice weekly calls at 7:30am...argh! but at least i can do the call from home while eating breakfast...however it makes me have to mentally wake up that much faster and be alert and in 'work mode'. but like greg says, at least i get paid for it! so that's true. we are getting more headcount in our dept which i think i mentioned previously, so i was a little worried about having to go perm right away, but one of my coworkers who has been here for years and who knows how the boss thinks and works told me to not feel pressured to feel like i have to take a perm position right now. she said that if i feel more comfortable still getting adjusted and staying a contractor to just go with that for a while because positions open up around here all the time. so i felt better hearing that from a veteran of the dept. also 2 of the positions are kind of not what i want to be doing, so there's really only one that fits me right now, but it might not be as high level as i want right now. so we'll see how things shake out.

skippy, i never got into step because it takes way more coordination than i have...kickboxing was something i could do but even that took me a while to figure out how to coordinate myself, i am just really not a super graceful person hehee. i like the idea of classes sometimes because they are really high energy and you can feed off of the energy of the other people around you too...i kind of miss kickboxing so maybe i should add that back in but honestly right now my schedule with work and all that is such that i don't think i can adhere to any sort of strict 'have to be there at X time' schedule unfortunately. last nite i got to the gym at 6pm, out at 7:15pm, had to hit the market, then go pick up portia then go home etc. dinner was like at 8:30. and while all nights are not like that...the weeks are just so busy i just have to keep fitting in workouts when i can and walking a ton. so i will live vicariously through your workout stories hehee.

anyhow lunch today is a TJ burrito with mango salsa, snacks are toast, fresh canteloupe, fresh mango and fage with mango butter. i'm all about the fruits today, hopefully no more cookie derailments this week at least...hehe. hope everyone has a great day!

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the welcome, Mara. You're an inspiration to so many of us (in so many enabling ways...
31.gif
)...

And I want to add that reading EVERYONE's posts on these threads is so INSPIRATIONAL...it's what finally got my butt off the couch and my hand out of the cookie jar! Keep up all the hard work!!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone mind if I become a regular WWT poster? I am in serious need or diet support!

Here are my measurements taken 4/27:

Height: 5''6"
Weight: 157.5
arms: 12"
chest: 33"
waist: 34.5
hips: 41"
thighs: 24"

I hate hate hate my weight and my body right now! My entire life I''ve been thin, athletic, even losing all of my preggo weight with my daughter! But since my two sons were born (21 months apart) I can not drop these extra 25 pounds. DH travels alot for work and I''m a SAHM for my kids. I do have an awesome Baby Jogger double jogging stroller and a few great exercise videos. I also tivo Denise Austin''s two exercise shows that come on daily. But I don''t USE any of them (at least not right now) and my diet sucks!

I was doing so well 4 months ago, losing 11 pounds, exercising every day and eating right (thanks to lurking here and getting yummy food suggestions!) but I''ve since gained atleast 5 of those back (if not more).

I lurk everyday but I think I need to actually post to keep myself accountable!
38.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol peachy i am sure! sometimes i think i sound so funny, like the walking oxymoron. i lost the weight but i have the biggest sweet tooth so it's like work out, eat sweets, work out, eat sweets. eat fruit. find new low cal sweets to eat. work out.
3.gif

but hey i guess it's working okay! hehe. i also have scaled back a bit on trying to get all elaborate with us cooking at home because i find the more recipes i have for us to want to try out, the more i think about eating!! it's easier to stay simple during the week because then i don't get mentally tired about having to make us dinner and then think 'oh it's easier to go out'. greg loves grilled cheese and mac and cheese and i love that we can make it actually healthy based on what elements you use...and don't use (aka too much butter) and we always have salads or salad makings in the house. those BBQ chicken quesadillas last nite were perfect too, they took like 5 minutes to make as all the elements were 'ready' and we got a big dose of fiber from the tortillas and protein from the cheese and chicken. i actually can't wait to make those again next week or for a lunch this wkd.

oh one last thing re: food. i discovered yesterday that Wonder Bread is now making a light version, 40 cals and 3g of fiber per slice. It's basically the same as the Sara Lee Delightful one i have been using but 5 less cals and 1g more fiber (for 2 slices). so i figure let's try it. today is my first day eating it as toast for snack so i will let ya'll know how it tastes. anyway, just one more thing to throw out there if anyone is looking to get more light options with fiber for things like bread (great with 2% for grilled cheese, a 180 cal grilled cheese sammie is my idea of heaven!).

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2007 9:39:18 AM
Author: Maria D

Suffice it to say that I LOVE step. It's really the highlight of my day.

Can I ask how old you are? I've been doing it since it was invented (literally) and once kick-boxing came in I worried that step was going to die out because all the young people seemed to be doing kick-boxing. Step is so much harder to learn now than it was in the late '80s when we (the former high and low impact aerobic nuts) were all learning together. Now it's so choreographed and you have to learn all the lingo. But that's what makes it so much fun!

I get a much better workout doing step than any other cardio activity I do. I don't know if it's because I bore easily on machines or if it's the fact that you do all these propulsion moves in step where you are pushing your whole body, but I can sustain 85 - 90% of MHR in step and I just can't do that on a machine or walking (I don't run). It just really works for me.

I am 31. I am curious what the new 30 is?!?!

I have been doing step since I was 15!!! 16 years of my life! I am a step snob too. hehe. I only do highly choregraphed routines or I am bored. It is fun to hear who does step; thanks Mrs S, Peachy and Maria D. I read all the posts and think maybe it went out of style and I didn't know it.
9.gif

I agree, you do get sweaty but it is fun it has a following and you become a regular.

happy Hump day and welcome Peachy!!!

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Ha, Ha Mara...keep up the experimenting. We all run out to the grocery store to try out your latest discoveries! In fact, I just bough the 0% fagefor the first time today.. lol. I have my splenda and cocoa powder ready to go!

February...Welcome. It''s very discouraging, I know. As I said, things changed for me when I started staying at home with my kids. Honestly - though I love them dearly - they take so much out of me... The stress of caring for them, plus working from home, dealing with the HH, etc... and I would just dive into the junk food...bags of candy, McDonald''s, you name it. I would only feel worse, though...not better. Honestly, I am sure I am battling some depression as it''s on my father''s side of the family... But beyond that - for many, if not most of us, childrearing is tough, tough work and it''s easy to fall into the trap of doing everything for everyone else and nothing for yourself. At some point you become kind of empty and it becomes impossible to do the right thing for anyone anymore... That''s the state I am just starting to come out of and it sounds like where you might be as well. Chin up...contribute to the forum, get some support and accountability from it if that''s what you need, and take some baby steps. Get your body moving...it will truly change your mental outlook and everything will flow from there. You can do it and you will do it if you want to do it. Are you ready yet? I often think it''s like what smokers or other addicts must go through when quitting... you quit, then slide back, quit, then slide back. At some point (hopefully!), you make the mental connection - you finally want it badly enough and you just do it... Here''s to all of us being ready!!!!

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/2/2007 1:12:33 PM
I am 31. I am curious what the new 30 is?!?!
Some say it''s 41ish... but you didn''t hear it from me...

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I heard 50 was the new 30.......LOL. At least I hope so. I''d say since rebuilding myself, I could very likely outrun and outlift many 30 somethings.

Welcome Peachy and FebBride, we alway enjoy having regular posters on the WWT. Unless Jeff has been lurking lately (where are you Jeff?? Huh???), I''m the only guy who regularly posts each day, but I find this thread a pretty important part of my life. Like Mara and other''s have commented, this thread holds us accountable and if we eat something we shouldn''t (like cupcakes and cookies......LOL MARA) we feel we have to report it and know we have to work harder to compensate for our indulgences. And we learn from each other. We''re not all the same and that''s a really good thing. Some like kickboxing, others step aerobics. Some prefer machines like the ellitptical and other''s use a good combination of the above. Whatever get''s you moving and burning calories and eating healthier is all good and you''ll find much friendship and encouragement here!

I went to Sports Authority and bought a knee brace which I''m wearing right now. Evidently the pain I''m experiencing is tendon related and just wearing the brace has pretty much elliminated the pain. So, I''m guessing there''s really nothing breaking down with my knee and it will just eventually go away all by itself. I''ll use the brace the next time I run and see how it helps. I had tennis elbow not too long ago (which is a tendonitis too) and I found that just pushing those muscles made it go away. In particular, doing all the unassisted chinups at first made the pain worse, but then I''d notice that soon after the pain would go away, until it just stopped altogether. I''m hoping that''s the case with the pain in right knee. It may be uncomfortable now, but I won''t let it stop me from running altogether and I''m betting it will just disappear with time.

I''ll be heading to the gym in a little while. There really isn''t any activity at the gym that seems to bother my knee''s, so I won''t wear the brace there. I may not run Friday, instead I may just do an hour on the elliptical because we have our first training session (we had four left we had paid for before going to Raleigh) with our trainer and I don''t want to take the chance of hurting myself on a run and not being able to take full advantage of the session. Some of you may recall our trainer pushes us harder than we could ever imagine, but it''s such a good thing he does. We owe a lot of our newfound health and better physiques to him and how hard he pushes us!!

Good that you have the time to think about whether you want to go perm at your job Mara. It''s nice to know you''re not under pressure to make a decision right now.

I hope everyone''s having a really nice Wednesday.

Lorelei, we''re going to hold you to working out today after missing three workouts. See, it''s all about accountability. Say you''re going to do something and you''ll HAVE to come back and tell us you did what you said you would do!!
11.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome febBride and peachy
35.gif

mara, I get Healthy Life whole wheat bread which is only 35 cal. a slice and has 5 grams of fiber. It''s definetly not like eating a hearty 12 grain or something b/c it''s thinner but it''s pretty tasty and I hate wasting calories just on bread for a sandwich or something. you might like it too?

Rod, do take care of the knee, are you icing it after a workout? I''m no doc. but think it might slow down the blood flow after a run and reduce any swelling. glad you got a brace though and i hope it helps.

dee jay, how are you doing today? waiting for the report from the doc on you...

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the ice suggestion Mrssalvo. I actually hadn't done that as for whatever reason, it doesn't seem to hurt right after running (it doesn't hurt after a normal gym workout), but it takes about 12 hours for the pain to become apparent. Anyway, I'll use some ice later and see if that helps too. I'm sure it's just a minor issue and it wil go away on it's own.

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/2/2007 2:24:49 PM
Author: Rod
I heard 50 was the new 30.......LOL. At least I hope so. I''d say since rebuilding myself, I could very likely outrun and outlift many 30 somethings.

LOL..then I''m really only 20! Thanks, Rod... and congrats on all those unassisted chin-ups!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/2/2007 3:17:01 PM
Author: Peachy

Date: 5/2/2007 2:24:49 PM
Author: Rod

LOL..then I''m really only 20! Thanks, Rod... and congrats on all those unassisted chin-ups!
You bet!!
19.gif
9.gif
31.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
welcome peachy and feb2003!!!! the more the merrier!!!

well i''m making a meatloaf tonight with carrots(uh oh--theres a thread around here about evil carrots...lol) and zucchiini. it smeells yummy right now. i was able to get in my pilates workout today..yay!!! hopefully later i''ll get in a nice walk, but its not looking so good with the cranky pants baby. hope everyone has a great hump day!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m back from the gym and had a splendid workout. It''s funny how much less my knee hurts after a workout. I had absolutely no difficulty pushing the RPM''s well into the 90''s on the elliptical for the entire 35 minutes and burned just a tad under 600 calories. I also did about a full 2 hours of lifting weights, chinups, dips (unassisted of course
28.gif
) and other assorted weights. It''s another fabulous evening in Tampa and I''m just waiting for Charlie to get home so we can have dinner on the terrace.

Your meatload sounds way better than my salad with fresh turkey breast NYC. We so rarely cook real food anymore. We either have a Lean Cuisine, or a salad most nights. On Sunday''s we cook which is a nice thing because we have this beautiful brand new kitchen with great appliances. Sometimes, I think as along as we had a little grill outside, a toaster oven and good coffee maker and a nice microwave, we''d be all set.

Have a nice evening everyone.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, I think I am having sympathy pains for you; my knee is hurting me too. I love step so I think I will keep it to 3 times a week so I don't make it too bad on my knee. I think I will take it easier too; maybe walking more. Rod, I am glad your knee is getting better.

I thought of something funny tonight. Okay Mrs. Salvo, Peach and Maria D, do you guy whoot and holler in class? I was laughing because it use to be big to whoot and holler back in the 90's and I STILL DO IT! Ha, ha. I am such dork! It just makes the class more fun
2.gif

Great job NYC on working out and a healthy dinner. Feb Bride hang in there; you are here so good news and stay w/us on WWT.

Thinking of DeeJay tomorrow for her CAT Scan; hoping they figure out what is wrong.

Happy Hump Day
35.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all!

My board meeting today was horrible, but they always are, LOL! Before the meeting I had oatmeal and 1/2 a granola bar. Lunch was 1/2 sandwich, about 1/2 cup potato salad and two (
23.gif
) brownies. Tonight for dinner I had a LC pizza dipped in some tomato sauce, and dessert was a pudding cup. Except for the extra brownie I wasn't SO bad!

My scan tomorrow isn't until 3:30 and I can't eat anything for three hours beforehand so I'll be having an early lunch. Also, a friend of mine has had this done four times and she said that twice she was perfectly fine afterwards and twice she was really sick afterwards, so I'm hoping for the best...

I'm really glad someone started that Polar thread because I've been wanting one but didn't really know what I was looking at. Maybe this weekend I'll go by the sports store and get a new workout bra and a Polar!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oops, sorry deejay, for some reason i was thinking today was thursday and you had your cat scan today...well good luck tomorrow and I hope they can figure out what''s up so you can get back to your normal workouts. even with the brownies it doesn''t sound like you did bad at all today..

skippy, i used be be a whooter girl, especially when the class got tough and you''d put the whole routine together "one more time from the top" lol....in the class i took a couple of weeks ago i was too lost to whoot but once i get back in it and catch on to the routines i''m sure my old hollering will come back too. plus, i live in the middle of the bible belt, folks her love to whoot and holler at just about any given opportunity
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2007 10:16:58 PM
Author: mrssalvo
oops, sorry deejay, for some reason i was thinking today was thursday and you had your cat scan today...well good luck tomorrow and I hope they can figure out what's up so you can get back to your normal workouts. even with the brownies it doesn't sound like you did bad at all today..

skippy, i used be be a whooter girl, especially when the class got tough and you'd put the whole routine together 'one more time from the top' lol....in the class i took a couple of weeks ago i was too lost to whoot but once i get back in it and catch on to the routines i'm sure my old hollering will come back too. plus, i live in the middle of the bible belt, folks her love to whoot and holler at just about any given opportunity
9.gif

I love that!!!! LOL. I am glad I am not the only whooter. heehee

I was laughing because myself and this older man (60's) were whooting and hoolering. One time I went to this class and these people were so nice; they invited me to have happy hour drinks and they said we know you as the whooter but what is your name????
23.gif
That made me laugh; I don't do it a ton but it is fun
9.gif

I so get "one more time from the top" and of course everyone goes crazy to whoot and holler to do the whole routine. hehehe
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results