shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 30th April till 6th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hi all. haven''t posted much lately as my computer was in for repair this weekend. the weather was gorgeous here and i got in several long walks. last night after the gym i had a serious craving for chinese food, but instead of ordering greasy takeout, i made a healthy version at home by stirfrying scallions, garlic, ginger, shrimp, green beans, and a little teriyaki sauce in a skillet with just a quick spray of oil, then ate it with a little brown rice. it was really yummy and totally satisfied my craving.

i''m at a meeting in chicago all day today, so i''m at the mercy of what''s served in terms of food. so far i''ve had half a wheat bagel, a light and fit yogurt, and some fresh fruit for breakfast. keep your fingers crossed that there will be something decent and healthy-ish for lunch! no gym today since i''ll be flying back this evening, but i''ve done lots of walking at the airport and if i get home at a reasonable hour i will try to bike a little at home.

kim and dj, hope you are both feeling better soon. lorelei, i''m so glad to hear your hubby is coming home so you will have company!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
kimberly, allergies can be a drag esp since spring ones seem the worst typically, take some sudafed or something and you might feel better.

I''ve been taking Claritin for the last few days and it doesn''t seem to be helping much. My through felt closed up this morning...I was having a difficult time breathing and so I kept waking up and swallowing and then going back to sleep.
Hopefully I''ll just start feeling better after a day of rest.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Kim - those allergies can really be brutal. My doctor said that this year has been really really bad - he says he''s just been seeing tons of people with really bad allergies. If it persists you should see about getting something stronger - the throat closing can be scary (I know, I have asthma), and you may need a temporary inhaler or something...better to be safe, and hopefully a little more comfortable, than sorry!

So I tried really hard to go to the gym this morning - I put my gym clothes on and drove there and parked, only to find out that the whole building was closed because of a power outage and they didn''t know when it will be open again!! I normally shower at the gym (just to wash my hair out but still), so here I am at work, in gym clothes, with no makeup and unwashed hair and I''m hoping the problem will be fixed by this afternoon so I can workout and get that shower in!!
38.gif
7.gif
29.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks TG. My knee''s are still a little sore this morning, but better than they were after Friday''s run. I won''t run again until Friday, so hopefully, they''ll be better by then. 13 miles is an impressive number of miles to run, so I''m very proud of you for getting yourself ready for such an endeavor!!

Kimberly, so sorry to see you''re not feeling well. I hope it''s just allergies and will pass quickly.

Good luck holding off on the homemade cookies Mara. I can see them all wrapped so pretty sitting on your desk calling your name. "Pssssst......Yeah you, thin and healthy looking lady...........come eat me!!!" Buahahahahahah I know I couldn''t resist to be sure. Enjoy one for me, OK?

Nothing happening on the job front. I got a call from an insurance company telling me my future was in cold calling people and for commission only selling people insurance. Oh like that will ever be my future. NOT. I''m just going to take my time and know that something will come along that is right and feels good.

Will be heading to the gym in a little while. I love love love being able to work out during the afternoon when it''s not busy and I can do what I want without waiting for equipment and MY elliptical (the one I have always loved the most) is almost always waiting for me. There is this one lady who had started at our gym before we left for Raleigh. She is probably around 60 and when she started was not in the best shape, but man, over the 5 months we were gone, she worked out hard and is one "hot" grandmother!! The reason I mention her, is she loves the same elliptical I love and we''re often there at the same time. Sometimes, I get it first. Sometimes she get''s it first. Last week she told me she was going to have to break my legs but she meant it completely in jest at least I took it that way??!!
11.gif

NYC, I''m glad you enjoyed the spaghetti squash. I''ve tried it just about every way imaginable and just don''t like it at all. But it is super healthy for you! Shortblonde, your stirfry sounded terrific and healthy too! Tonight, I''ll likely have a salad after my workout. Have a great afternoon everyone.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL Rod well the Birthday Girl literally got like 10 different types of homemade sweets from people here (3 types of cookies, 2 types of muffins, and cupcakes, and chocolates!) and so she told everyone to come by and help her with them.
41.gif
I had a 1/2 of a choco chip cookie...I could TASTE the butter. But very yummy for sure. Now I will really try to hold off on my batch of cookies, one of my coworkers also made cupcakes, mmmm, a total weakness. But I will try to take my cookies home for Greg to help me with later.

Lunch I think will not be a team thing which *whew* saves me somewhat, so I am going to have a lime cilantro shrimp with brown rice Kashi frozen entree that I have been wanting to try for a while. Hope everyone's day is going well and SANS too many homemade treaties. hehee.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you like that Kashi frozen entre better than I did Mara. I had posted a while ago that I had tried a few of the Kashi frozen entre''s (including the lime cilantro shrimp) and found them just odd tasting to me.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hm Mara, that lunch sounds good in theory. Let us know how it goes.

Rod, cute story about the hot "grandma". It''s good to have the inspiration, and a little fun too!

Yes, 13 miles is a lot to run. I''m trying to remember that, but it''s easy to think it won''t be that bad, especially since I have run 26 miles twice. However, when I did those marathons, I felt like I was crawling along. So the key here is that I''d like to RUN (or at least jog) the 13 in decent time. I just worry when people say their knees hurt because even though I do feel like you need to run through the pain for distance running, knee pain is a scary thing. Just be careful.

Kimberly, aw, sorry you are still feeling icky. I hate allergies so I feel your pain. Sometimes just drinking tea or hot water just makes soothes things a bit more.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thansk TG......I will be careful as my parents have both had their knees replaced (but they're in their 80s), so I do want to get as much distance out of the originals as I can. I remember when I first started running last year. At first I found it a bit painful in my shins and knees, but over time it got better and I was able to run without any discomfort. I'll keep monitoring it and if it doesn't get better, I'll just have to stick with the elliptical and instead of running, I'll switch to inline skating. I love to skate too and since we live on the (supposed) world's longest waterfront sidewalk, it's a perfect place to skate as well as walk, run or ride a bike. I read that skating 2 miles is the equivalent of running 1 mile. I'm not sure I buy that as I used to skate when I was fat, a smoker and completely out of shape and I could skate several miles without needing a rest (though I would be breathing pretty hard). Running, to me requires a lot more stamina. The last time I skated Bayshore (before we went to Raleigh), I skated 8 miles and I was barely breathing hard or even breaking a sweat

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 2:55:32 PM
Author: Rod
Thansk TG......I will be careful as my parents have both had their knees replaced (but they''re in their 80s), so I do want to get as much distance out of the originals as I can. I remember when I first started running last year. At first I found it a bit painful in my shins and knees, but over time it got better and I was able to run without any discomfort. I''ll keep monitoring it and if it doesn''t get better, I''ll just have to stick with the elliptical and instead of running, I''ll switch to inline skating. I love to skate too and since we live on the (supposed) world''s longest waterfront sidewalk, it''s a perfect place to skate as well as walk, run or ride a bike. I read that skating 2 miles is the equivalent of running 1 mile. I''m not sure I buy that as I used to skate when I was fat, a smoker and completely out of shape and I could skate several miles without needing a rest (though I would be breathing pretty hard). Running, to me requires a lot more stamina. The last time I skated Bayshore (before we went to Raleigh), I skated 8 miles and I was barely breathing hard or even breaking a sweat
That''s good you are monitoring it. TGuy has had knee issues and it limits him sometimes. His sister has had two knee reconstructions. Ouch!

I don''t buy it about the blading thing either. I dunno...I can easily skate 10 miles without a problem...even longer. But running 5 miles is so much harder! However, it does say you can burn about 4-500 cals in an hour with a good solid skate. I do find if I really push myself and skate fast, I am pretty out of breath when I stop and my heart rate is up. Otherwise, it feels too leisurely.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/1/2007 3:07:33 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 5/1/2007 2:55:32 PM
Author: Rod
Thansk TG......I will be careful as my parents have both had their knees replaced (but they're in their 80s), so I do want to get as much distance out of the originals as I can. I remember when I first started running last year. At first I found it a bit painful in my shins and knees, but over time it got better and I was able to run without any discomfort. I'll keep monitoring it and if it doesn't get better, I'll just have to stick with the elliptical and instead of running, I'll switch to inline skating. I love to skate too and since we live on the (supposed) world's longest waterfront sidewalk, it's a perfect place to skate as well as walk, run or ride a bike. I read that skating 2 miles is the equivalent of running 1 mile. I'm not sure I buy that as I used to skate when I was fat, a smoker and completely out of shape and I could skate several miles without needing a rest (though I would be breathing pretty hard). Running, to me requires a lot more stamina. The last time I skated Bayshore (before we went to Raleigh), I skated 8 miles and I was barely breathing hard or even breaking a sweat
That's good you are monitoring it. TGuy has had knee issues and it limits him sometimes. His sister has had two knee reconstructions. Ouch!

I don't buy it about the blading thing either. I dunno...I can easily skate 10 miles without a problem...even longer. But running 5 miles is so much harder! However, it does say you can burn about 4-500 cals in an hour with a good solid skate. I do find if I really push myself and skate fast, I am pretty out of breath when I stop and my heart rate is up. Otherwise, it feels too leisurely.
I'm a good skater, but I broke my arm several years ago (upper humurous - not so funny) when a very over weight man wearing headphones crossed into me as I was skating by, even though I announced I was on his left.......grrrrrrrrrr. I know I tend to go too fast on my skates, but I also find people oblivous to the needs of skaters. They walk and talk on cell phones and cross all over the place. Then there's the dreaded little tyke (adorable yes, but dangerous too), who has no sense of direction on their tri-cycle. And of course who can foget the group of three who MUST all walk side by side and just don't leave enough room for a skater to pass by. Last but not least, is the dog walker and the REALLY long dog leash. Fido is such a friend I know, but when fido can trip a skater going 20 miles an hour, he's just not so much a skater's friend. That's why I want running to work for me. I'm not in much danger of tripping or being tripped by anyone when I run.
29.gif
23.gif
32.gif
38.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
kimberly, so sorry about the allergies I hope you can bounce back quickly..

shortblond, glad to have you back..

amber- so sorry about the gym being closed...what a bummer...

Rod, i love the story about the grandma too. I have a favorite elliptical too and am always slightly bummed out when someone is on it. they have several different kinds at my gym, some a like, some I don''t. I usually don''t go during peak times so my favorite is usually open.

mara, good luck resisting the cookies. sweets are my downfall too. I have to bake cupcakes for my daughters school tonight and am thinking about getting up early to do it b/c I''d be much less tempted to eat on at 6:00am than I would be at 6:00pm. we''ll see how it goes though, i may just have to budget in the calories b/c they will be yellow cake with milk choc. frosting...yummy.

today I got up at 5:45am and walked zoe. today''s high will be 88 degrees, so much for a nice mild spring and too hot to be out with Zoe later. I then went to the gym and could only squeeze in 30 min. on the elliptical b/f my daugther''s swim lesson. tonight i''m making grilled salmon for dinner along with a salad and light balsamic dressing. should be yummy...

hope everyone has a great evening..

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol mrs salvo re: resisting the cupcakes at 6am. hehee. i LOVE yellow cake with chocolate frosting, that's my fave.

so the dept ended up going out to a team lunch after all and i went along to continue to be social and get to be more friendly with everyone since i am still new. they went to chilis and before we left, i quickly printed out the chilis calories and menu that they have online, so grateful for that!! i got the guiltless chicken grilled sandwich which comes with black beans on the side and steamed veggies with parmesan. i asked for no bun on the sandwich so that saved me some cals right off the bat. it also came with fat free honey mustardy dressing (a really light version of the full fat one they give you for dipping on other entrees). it was actually REALLY good just plain and dipped into some of the honey mustardy dressing. i ate all the veggies and most of the black beans too. the full on version was 480 cals but without the bun i figure more like 300ish as i know a regular bun is typically at least like 200ish. and i got protein and fiber, woo hoo. on the down side i know that the whole thing had a ton of sodium but oh well.

for snacks, i am going to have one of the white cupcakes and then some fresh mango later this afternoon and that plus lunch should tide me over through my workout til dinner tonite hopefully!! on the plus side we walked over to chilis which was about 1/2 mile each way so i did get a walk in at least! hehe.

random aside, once at chilis i somehow ended up with the weirdest throat tickle which make me keep wanting to cough, i think it was allergy related as we had just walked over to the restaurant but it was driving me nuts. finally when the food arrived i guess eating helped it because it went away. but i hear ya re allergies kimberly...feel better.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, great idea. I always get the grilled chicken sandwich w/spicy beans and veggies. You are sooo good. Kudos.

Kimberly, I suffer from allergies and take allegra and when I have a bad headache I take sudafed to help my sinus and it dry's them out so I don't get that drainage.

Rod, I like the story about that fiesty lady! She sounds cute and her story is inspiring!

AG, how horrible about not getting to exercise or take a shower. Sorry.

Wow, TG, half marathons are awesome; I hope to someday do one. Hey Shortblonde! MRS S Great job on getting up early to walk! Dinner sounds yummy; I love solmon and it is so good for you.

I was bad today and had a super yummy breakfast burrito; I am finding the longer I wait to eat the worse I eat. I think I need to start keeping low cal snacks in my car when running around town.
7.gif

I am going for a 3.5 mile walk today.

Have a good day everyone
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 5:31:11 PM
Author: Skippy123
I think I need to start keeping low cal snacks in my car when running around town.

skippy, I never go anywhere w/out a few snacks. I find that I tend to make bad choices if i get too hungry and with kids who snack it''s hard to resit eating what they are too. I usually carry around a fiber one bar and a larabar so I have a choice. carrying around a banana or other on the go fruit is always good too. there are also a ton of 100 calorie snack items out there which make a nice little tide over treat. it really does make a huge difference for me..

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 5:56:05 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 5/1/2007 5:31:11 PM
Author: Skippy123
I think I need to start keeping low cal snacks in my car when running around town.

skippy, I never go anywhere w/out a few snacks. I find that I tend to make bad choices if i get too hungry and with kids who snack it''s hard to resit eating what they are too. I usually carry around a fiber one bar and a larabar so I have a choice. carrying around a banana or other on the go fruit is always good too. there are also a ton of 100 calorie snack items out there which make a nice little tide over treat. it really does make a huge difference for me..
Thanks for the suggestions. I think I will keep a bar and keep some nuts too in the car. Good Idea on the bars.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol skippy i don''t know how ''good'' i am...i''ve had 2 cupcakes and 2 cookies this afternoon hee hee. saving grace is that the cupcakes were made with egg whites only lol.
3.gif
oh well, the gym will work it off me tonite!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/1/2007 7:27:48 PM
Author: Mara
lol skippy i don''t know how ''good'' i am...i''ve had 2 cupcakes and 2 cookies this afternoon hee hee. saving grace is that the cupcakes were made with egg whites only lol.
3.gif
oh well, the gym will work it off me tonite!!
Careful there.........hehehe and yes, the gym will surely work it off tonight!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for you getting up so early and going outdoors for some exercise Mrssalvo. Sorry the temps are already up there. That''s how I remember the mid-Atlantic region. Cold - Cold - Cold, a few days of lovely then just bloddy hot too soon. Maybe that''s a bit of an exageration, but when it get''s hot up there, it''s often stifling hot. Not that it''s not hot in Tampa, but being directly on the coast has some perks. We pretty much always get breezes which makes the 10,000,000% humidity a bit more tolerable. Plus, while it will go over 100 degree''s up north, it has never in all the record keeping years ever hit 100 degrees in Tampa. And yes, I agree on the "fav" elliptical. Our gym has the higher end (9500 series LifeFitness Ellipticals), but not all of them are alike. Some are hard, some are too easy and about 4 out of the 20 or so we have are just right, with one in particular miles above the others. I have actually just sat and waited for the machine I like because it just makes my time on the machine so much nicer and I feel I accomplish more too.

So, I had a really good workout. I arrived at the gym at 3 and didn''t leave until nearly 6, and I worked out pretty intensely for nearly 3 hours. I wanted to work my knee''s in a non-jarring fashion and it actually helped. Plus the elliptical I love was available at precisely the time I wanted, so it made it even nicer.

Then I went to the store and picked up salads for me and Charlie, then I sat under my favorite oak tree and had a nice cup of coffee at Starbucks and now I''m just waiting for him to get home from the gym, so we can eat on the terrace. It''s just a wonderful evening in Tampa.

Have a nice night all!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all!

I''m happy to report that (a) I closed my biggest deal ever today (and smoothly no less!) and (b) the scale tells me that a little discipline for these past several days has helped knock off 2 of those nasty 5 lbs that had crept back on.

I have a quarterly board meeting tomorrow and we always bring in Corner Bakery for lunch. I only have half a sandwich and a little of whatever sort of salad they order, but it just seems like so many calories for so little food, LOL. Oh well, I have to eat *something* so I''ll just make it a point of being really good for breakfast and dinner.

On Monday I decided to check out some snack options and I got a six pack of weight watchers chocolate shake drinks to have in the afternoon to kill both my chocolate and creamy drink cravings all with one stone, but then I realized that they are 190 cals each and a grande skim mocha from Starbucks is only 180 cals. Plus I actually get to *leave the building* to get it if I go to SB. Oh well, I guess I''ll save the WW shakes for the days when I am too busy to step out, but that was a disappointing discovery...

Kimberly, my alergies have been TERRIBLE this year already. If they''re this bad in the spring I am already dreading the fall when I usually have even worse ones... YIKES. I can''t take Claritin though; it dries me out too much--to the point that my throat is KILLING me from being so dry.

Even the poor Demon is having a bad alergy year. (When we got him a few springs ago we thought he was sick but it turned out to be seasonal alergies too. Like mother like son I guess, LOL!) He wakes up in the middle of the night and just licks his nose and his paws FOREVER. It makes me INSANE. The vet said we can give him the lowest doseage of Tavst D, and I''ve put it off to this point becuase I had to "medicate" him, but the time has come becuase I can''t take one more night of listening to that lickin'' and lappin''...

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi everyone!
So I called today and turned down the more prestigious, more stressful job. It was really a tough call to make but I think I did the right thing. I had coffee with someone I worked for before, and he has an opening that sound perfect for me (we''d been talking about it all spring, but waiting for it to come to fruition.) While the job is not 100% in my area of interest, it is pretty interesting, and the schedule cannot be beat. It will be 30 hours, completely flexible, with the ability to work from home sometimes. with all the craziness that my life has been recently, and with my husband starting a new job as well, I think this will be perfect. Plus I worked for this person before and he is a great boss. So as soon as it is officially offered to me, I think I have found my new job! yay! Funny how things just work out sometimes.

I''ve done great with eating today, at just about 700 cals so far and getting ready to eat about 600 more for dinner. That is lower than usual but I was above yesterday, and have had to miss the gym due to moving and final exams. I''ve gotten a lot of walking into my day and yesterday spent a long time doing physical work around the new house so I''m still getting in some activity!

TG, awesome about your half marathon!! I''ve done two this past year and would be glad to answer any questions if you have any. I found a training plan online and stuck to it and it worked. It sounds like you know you can do the distance. I had never done anything that long and so my goals were just to finish and have fun. And I was successful! It was a lot of fun! I can''t wait to do another. 10Ks are really my favorite running distance and I also love triathlon of course! Can''t wait to get moved, unpacked, and dive right back into my fitness routine. I''ll be shopping for a new gym too, exciting!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
DJ - congrats on the house sale and the 2 lbs lost again!! Great news
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I''m sorry to hear about the Demon''s allergies - I hope the medication helps...poor doggy!

I''m happy to report that I persisted through hours in the lab without washed hair and in gym clothes and made it to the gym this afternoon! I had another really nice moderate workout.

I have a problem that I''m guessing others on this thread have had and I''m wondering how others have dealt with it. As I''ve lost weight, my ring finger has gotten smaller. I can''t tell exactly how much smaller, but since I sent off my e-ring to Whiteflash to be repaired this week (center stone came loose
7.gif
), my wedding band is so loose that it falls off if my fingers get at all cold - I''m kind of afraid to wear it outside the apartment! So my question is, did/does anyone else have this problem and what did you do about it? I''m worried if I get my rings resized now that I''ll need to do it again when I hit my goal weight in another 14 lbs (31 lost so far). Does it hurt rings to be resized multiple times? Are there other options that would be a temporary "fix" so that I could still wear my rings in the meantime but not get them actually sized until I''m sure I''m at a stable weight/size?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was lazy yesterday and didn''t do anything, but today is 90minute power yoga day!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all your well wishes, everyone. I''ve never had allergies so I''m playing a guessing game in regards to why I feel like crap. John thinks I''m having sinus issues. Who knows! I hate going to the MD, so I''m avoiding doing so.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I read alot about the low sugar/no fat/diet foods that a lot of the posters are using. I''m curious; is anyone worried about the fake sugar that''s in those products?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY DEEJAY! Congratulations on closing the biggest home sale yet. And good deal on losing 2 pounds too!

Congratulations on the job opportunity Gail. Doesn''t it feel good to know you made a decision that is RIGHT for you. And how about the fact that another door opened that''s just right for you? Way to go!!

Kimberly.......GO TO THE DOCTOR. If you have a sinus infection it can take a long time to cure. It''s not something to mess around with.

FebBride. I won''t eat anything with fake sugar in it. So yes, I worry about the ingredients in diet foods and I truly believe they are bad for you all around. I''ve lost a lot of weight, but more importantly body fat over an 18 month period by eating healthy food and exercising my butt off. It''s just not necessary to ingest fake stuff to lose weight. And I stil use real sugar and real cream (well half and half) in my coffee, which is really the only beverage (an occassional Sapporo Beer excepted) other than water that I drink.

And finally Amber. I had to have my ring resized when I lost so much weight. I''m glad I did. I worried a long time about having it done, but since having it done, I realize it was the right thing to do. As long as your rings are resizable, I wouldn''t worry about having it done more than once. Just make sure you have it done by someone really good, like the good folks at Whiteflash for example. Better to have your ring(s) fit than to have one fall off because it was too big and you lost it/them.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
FebBride - I hate that fake sugar stuff too! I drink diet soda if I''m having soda at all, which isn''t very often. But aside from that, I try to avoid regular sugar and fake stuff but if I''m gonna have something it is going to be real sugar. I just don''t like the idea of adding chemicals when you don''t have to.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 9:14:50 PM
Author: february2003bride
I read alot about the low sugar/no fat/diet foods that a lot of the posters are using. I''m curious; is anyone worried about the fake sugar that''s in those products?
Feb,

I don''t use fake sugar in anything. The facts are that our bodies break everything down into sugars when we consume them...so the more complex the sugar the better. But sugar is not bad for us, as long as we are moderate about our intake.

~K

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Rod, I hate the MD!! More than you can know, I detest going to the doctor. If this persists, I will go. John pointed out that if I was having allergy issues they would have ceased today as it rained. I am hoping it''s just a virus I picked up from the kids and it wil run its course. If not I"ll go to the MD next week.

DeeJay: 2 lbs is awesome!! Be so darn proud of yourself!

So I''m still feeling a bit under the weather but have an observation scheduled in a classroom tomorrow that I can''t miss...so I''ll go. John made pork chops, an italian veggie for dinner (sort of a cross between brocolli and cauliflower, but not quite) and fruit salad for dinner, YUM for the tum!

I''m so excited that he''s going to drag the BBQ to our house from his mom''s (it''s still not been put on the market) in the next few weeks as we''re having dinner guests and he''s planning the menu already. J is a private guy, so having company is sort of a big deal and I''m so excited that he''s excited about getting to grill fish for our guests. I don''t eat fish so he''s thrilled to have the opportunity to serve it to people who will enjoy it and I''m just glad that we''ll finally have the BBQ here!

Happy evening WWT friends!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Kimberly, I'm with you on not liking to go to the doctor. I actually owe my Rebuild Rod campaign to the doctor. I was an overweight, out of breath, smoker with high cholesterol and high blood pressure and after not feeling well for a while I finally went to see my Doctor who scared me so bad, I decided right then and there I didn't want to see him again for a long long time. So, I rebuilt myself and gave up all my bad habits and quit smoking and quit eating bad foods and started exercising my bunns off. So, trust me I know how you feel about seing the doctor, but dear Kimberly, sometimes just sometimes, you have to get help. I can see John is going to have a time with you and getting medical help if you need it!! Tell John it sounds like a terrific barbeque he's planning with grilled fish. If you're not better soon, you go to the doctor, do you hear me young lady??!!
11.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 10:31:18 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Rod, I hate the MD!! More than you can know, I detest going to the doctor. If this persists, I will go. John pointed out that if I was having allergy issues they would have ceased today as it rained. I am hoping it''s just a virus I picked up from the kids and it wil run its course. If not I''ll go to the MD next week.

Kimberly my allergies always get worse w/the rain. Next time I see the allergist I will has him why. I would go see the doctor just so you get the right combo of medicine if you do have allergies. I hope you feel better.

Yeah, DeeJay on the smooth sale!!!

Gosh, I had a horrible eating day. I was so hungry all day and made bad food choices
38.gif
I am praying for a better day tomorrow. It feels so hard lately. I actually am going to Kauai in 3 1/2 weeks so better behave; I don''t want to not fit into my shorts.
6.gif

I think I am going to start writing things down; I do it but lately I have been slacking. I am doing it from now on. Okay, it is a new day tomorrow.

Have a good evening everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results