shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 25th March till 31st March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha, Monnie did not get much sleep last night for whatever reason...soon she will take about a 4 hour nap and then go out to enjoy what looks to be the makings of a glorious sunny chicago day! I will definitely bring DH and the doggies along with. will report back later!
9.gif
ETA: it has always been my dream to live on the panhandle of FL...maybe Rod the recruiter will see this and have a suggestion or something.
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2008 11:01:12 AM
Author: monarch64
Ha, Monnie did not get much sleep last night for whatever reason...soon she will take about a 4 hour nap and then go out to enjoy what looks to be the makings of a glorious sunny chicago day! I will definitely bring DH and the doggies along with. will report back later!
9.gif
Sweet dreams Monnie
24.gif
and enjoy your walkies!!! Have fun w/the super pups and beautiful Chicago weather
35.gif
emhot.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone........Didn''t get a chance to check in yesterday. We had a VERY nice birthday celebration day. It of course began with coffee and a bowl of fresh fruit on the terrace with picture perfect weather. For lunch we had breakfast at one of our favorite little places and we both had buttermilk pancakes with homefries and sausage for Charlie and ham for me. They were such a treat. I rarely have pancakes, so I was going to enjoy them and I drowned them in syrup too! Then we sat under the oak and enjoyed coffee before heading to Nordstrom to exchange the two shirts I got Charlie for his birthday.......LOL One of the shirts was too similar to one he already has and he didn''t care for the neckline on the other one. So, at least he got to get what he wanted, which was just fine with me. Then we met friends at Roy''s for dinner and it was just a wonderful meal all around. We shared a whole bunch of Sushi and Dim Sum appetizers. The Dim Sum was spectacular, as it was perfectly steamed dumplings filled with chunks of lobster - Yummm. Charlie had a trio of fish sampler which he really enjoyed and I had a filet with tiger prawns as my entre which I really enjoyed. We also enjoyed their signature dessert, which is a chocolate soufle which one orders at the beggining of the meal as it takes a long time to get, but is absolutely wonderful. I think Mr. Charlie had a nice birthday, at least I hope he did.

Today, it''s a normal Saturday. We''ll be heading out for lunch soon, then coffee, then the gym. Not sure what we''ll do for dinner yet, but I suspect we''ll have our Friday night Sushi, FroYo and coffee dinner tonight instead.

I can''t respond to everyone, but wanted to chime in to:

Linda, I''m sorry I missed that it''s your Anniversary. I hope you had or are having a wonderful one!! And I would love to share in the lamb dinner for sure!!

Marcy, YAYAYAYAY for being so close to the 150 pounds lost mark! You Rock Girl!!!

Monnie, I don''t know much about the Panhandle. I know they have beautiful beaches though. I will put my thinking hat on for you. Ever thought of the Tampa area? We have some great jewelry stores here....hint hint!!

Kimberly, I saw you were catching another cold. This cold season surely hasn''t been kind to you. Feel better.

Appletini, I thought you''re post was funny!! Thanks for the smiles.

Hey Skippy!! Glad you enjoyed your walk and the pizza and the travel show.

I''ll check in tonight. Hope you''re all enjoying your weekend so far.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

Neither J nor I was very hungry last night so I ended up eating cereal and toast for dinner.

We went for a walk this morning, not as long as usual, but it was nice and a good bit of exercise before I get lost in all that I have to do for school and prepping for my own class.

Hope everyone is having a nice Saturday morning.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all...!!

deelight, amazing to go from no weight loss to 6 lbs in a week for sure, that new trainer sounds amazing.
monnie, sorry that the job didn''t seem like a fit, but it''s good at least continue to get a lot of experience interviewing under your belt in the meantime!

marcy almost minus 150 ,you are wonder woman! yay.

everyone sounds like they are doing pretty fab, well except kimi, kimi you need to stop getting sick woman! take some extra vitamins or something! i am a little jealous of your 123 lbs, i''d be too much of a waif at that point but my scale has decided it likes me with 2-3 extra lbs and won''t give it back to me at all. maybe it''s my cupcakes!!

happy saturday all. just eating a breakkie before heading off to zumba. i meant to do a pilates session today too but i never scheduled it so i''ll see if i can get in after zumba, if not then oh well!

finally getting a mani and pedi today, i need one so badly! and then tonite we are going to the crab fest again, the last one for the year/season until december. it''ll be fun...we have a small group.

linda CONGRATS on so many years, you guys are such an inspiration!!!

hello rod, something shiny, bee, steph...everyone else i missed...!! have a fab day everyone.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2008 12:58:55 PM
Author: Mara

everyone sounds like they are doing pretty fab, well except kimi, kimi you need to stop getting sick woman! take some extra vitamins or something! i am a little jealous of your 123 lbs, i''d be too much of a waif at that point but my scale has decided it likes me with 2-3 extra lbs and won''t give it back to me at all. maybe it''s my cupcakes!!
I''m taking my vitamins! And you''ve got 2 inches on me. I just can''t seem to avoid the crap that''s going around. We''re going out of town next week, for 6 days, so I''m sure I''ll gain some of the weight back. Not having any free time makes it a lot easier to not be hungry, I haven''t had time to think about food.

Marcy, you continue to amaze me, Ms. -150 pounds. WOWEE ZOWEE!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimi, where you going??? How fun a week getaway!!! I hope you feel better soon!

Rod your dinner sounded YUMMY!

Mara, have fun at Zumba class!

Oh boy am I tried; my arms could hardly lift the last few sets of weights. The teacher was CRAZY hard today hehe; I know it is good for me
3.gif
Our weather is so beautiful hubby and I are off to have lunch at my favorite salad, gourmet sandwich, pizza/pasta place that has outdoor seating, yay!!! Let's see if I can lift my fork
2.gif
Enjoy your Saturday all
9.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2008 1:36:30 PM
Author: Skippy123
Kimi, where you going??? How fun a week getaway!!! I hope you feel better soon!
Skip, we''re going to Phoenix for spring break. We leave next Sat. come home on Thursday. J decided we needed to get away. I''ll be lugging my laptop and tons of school stuff with me, but I can do it poolside instead of locked up in my office. It should be a lot of fun.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello all,

Thank you everyone for the anniversary wishes. We had a very special evening. Rick LOVED his leg of lamb. We have TONS of leftovers. Kimberly: Send John on over. He and Rick can eat lamb until their hearts content. You and Charlie too, Rod!!! I fixed myself a chicken breast with some veggies.

Our cake was delicious too, Rick had two huge pieces, the piggy, LOL LOL.

Today, we are just taking it easy and running some errands.

I will check back in later.

Linda

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am feeling very worthy and sanctimonious
16.gif
, as I just did an hour cardio on a Saturday night, to burn off those blessed carrot cupcakes!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........

We had a great afternoon. We went to little deli owned by a guy we know who works out at our gym. The food's good, not great, but we love the little homey feel of the place and they treat us so nicely, that it's just a nice experience. Then we sat under the oak and enjoyed the filtered sunlight under the oak, before finally heading to the gym. Maybe the fact that I had a filet last night, or that I slept well last night, or whatever it was that fueled my workout, but it was very strong. I would have kept going, but Charlie finally pointed out we'd been working out for almost 2 hours and we hadn't yet hit the elliptical, so we finally got on them and did our usual 35 pretty intense minutes before hitting the sauna and shower. Dinner was as I predicted. Sushi (our waitress was so happy to see us as since we didn't go last night, she was worried that something had happened - so sweet!), followed by FroYo and then a cup of decaf under the oak. All in all it was a really nice day and the weather just can't get any nicer.

Kimberly, Phoenix sounds like a nice break. We stayed in Scottsdale at the Four Seasons a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Don't work too hard by the pool!

Hope you enjoy the crabfest Mara!!

Sorry your arms are so sore, but Glad Your Arms are so sore Skippy! You know when they're sore, it means you accomplished something. I hope you and hubby enjoyed sitting outside at lunch today!! Maybe someone was kind and lifted your fork for you, eh???
10.gif

I'm glad you had such a nice aniversary evening Linda and that Rick loved his lamb and cake. I'd sure love to pop on by for some leftover lamb. Charlie's not so keen on lamb, but Rod loves lamb. I think it has to do with what your folks fed you when you were a kid and lamb was a favorite in our household. Charlie's parents NEVER fixed lamb.

And you have EVERY right to feel sanctimonious Miss Lorelei. An hour of cardio on a Saturday night is quite an achievement for sure!! You know the next time you have extra carrot cake cupcakes, you can always send one or six to your buddy Rod!!
28.gif

I hope everyone else is out enjoying their Saturday night. We're on the couch with Sakai glued to our shoulders watching HGTV alternately with the Food Network. God we're boring!! Isn't that great though??!! LOL

CYA tomorrow........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guess what, guess what!!! I made it. Yippee. My old sweats are very stretchy so they don''t look as bad as the sweater does.

oldside (2).jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimi, I wore different shoes in my photos today.
1.gif

oldclothesgrp (2).jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2008 11:06:41 PM
Author: marcyc
Guess what, guess what!!! I made it. Yippee. My old sweats are very stretchy so they don't look as bad as the sweater does.
MARCY, YAY
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
AWESOME; I am so happy for you!!! Kudos and cheers to being so healthy
emcocktl.gif
Look at you; you are beautiful
30.gif
You are tiny, whooo hoooo!!!!!
9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The old me, the day I''d lost 100 pounds then today when I finally lost 150 pounds.

150group (2).jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW. I have turned into a lurker on this thread (no motivation here unfortunately...), but Marcy I just have to comment. You have lost a whole PERSON. More than I weigh total, and you look INCREDIBLE.

I am so in awe of your accomplishments. You should be so proud. YOU GO GIRL!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHOLEY MOLEY MARCY!!!!!!

What an accomplishment you have done!!!!!! Just look at your self lady!!! You look fantastic and you look sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo darn tiny now!!!!!.. Don''t get blown away by a wind gust now!!!!!

Rod: Growing up, my mom always fixed leg of lamb. I was the only one who absolutely hated it!!! LOL. I would eat everything else except the lamb. Fly on to California and you can have leftovers. The gravy too, turned out fantastic, deep, rich brown and flavorful. Are you hungry yet??? tee hee.

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy,

The pants you have on now, even look a bit baggy!!!
9.gif

Linda

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, you look amazing, gorgeous, fantastic!!! Congrats!!!
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I’ve tried to get to my laptop all day to tell you the exciting news but I ran a million errands then ended up going to supper with my parents, sister, BIL and nephew. I was pretty sure I’d made it last night based on what I weighed before I went to bed so I was quite anxious to get up this morning. DH even made me breakfast. What a sweetie. He spent the day putting a larger exhaust pipe in his truck, a friend of his helped him work on it. I helped out by taking them water a lot. They never seemed to want to stop to eat.
Dee, I hope both of our weeks are better at work next week. Mine won’t settle down until May but we can always hope. That’s great you are seeing results from your new trainer. Thanks for the doing the happy dance for me.
Bee, sounds like the wedding will be quite a party. It will get you in practice for your wedding. Wow, that house is dreamy. I am sure the wedding will be lovely. I now have a goal of loosing 160 pounds. Everything after that will be “icing on the cake” if you’ll forgive the food analogy.
Lorelei, it is sad to hear some vet students aren’t animal focused. I can’t imagine why they ‘d be interested in that field if they weren’t. Yay for burning off your carrot cupcakes.
Skippy, it sounds like you had great workout at muscle hour. Thanks for sending me some warm weather. It wasn’t bad today until I got out in the wind. I appreciate your excitement for me reaching this milestone.
Monnie, sorry to hear you didn’t sleep well. I hope you had a great nap and a wonderful walk with the dogs. Thanks for sweet compliment.
Rod, sounds like Charlie had a marvelous birthday. I had a nice bowl of fruit today but I didn’t enjoy it on the patio. I picked up some lite cool whip tonight because I’m going to have one pancake with cool whip and strawberries for breakfast tomorrow. Thanks for saying I rock.
Kimi, glad you had a nice walk this morning. I like cereal for any meal. Thanks for the kind words about me.
Mara, your cupcake thread is awesome. I keep drooling over the great pictures. Thanks for the nice compliment about me.
Linda, I am delighted to hear your dinner was so good last night. Thank you for the wonderful compliments about me. Yes, my pants are getting baggy and they are my smallest sized jeans.
Neatfreak, thank you very much. I am mostly excited but also pretty proud.
Take care everyone.
35.gif

Marcy

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all, quick check in...MARCY....you look so amazing woman!!! and seriously, i am in awe of those before and now pictures. SEND THEM INTO PEOPLE MAG!! for sure.

the crab fest was yummy but man i am so over crab right now!!! and we smell like it too, time for showers! then after we all went to this new tart yogurt place that ALSO sells italian gelato AND desserts and does espresso. so it''s like ''something for everyone'' --it was packed but we found seating for our group. i got a shaved ice with tart yogurt which comes with all the fruits imaginable in it (blueberries, raspberries, kiwi, mango, pineapple, strawberries) and mochi which i am developing quite the taste for...and greg got gelato.

zumba was fun as well...and i did 45 minutes of pilates afterwards with one of my trainers. my legs are SORE today which is great. it takes a lot for me to be sore. i am just loving the pilates reformers too. tomorrow i hope to get some sort of run or walk in...and need to run errands. other than that it''s mostly relaxing. next week is going to be really busy, i have something monday and wednesday and then a friend comes into town from thurs-monday so gotta get stuff all ready!

sounds like everyone had a good saturday, yay!!! happy evening all. kimi take more vitamins lady.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy - I too am in AWE of your achievement, you look GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are such an inspiration to many, and wow, HOW your treddy sessions are making a difference, you are really looking trim and toned!!!!!!

MANY MANY CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
emotion-19.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Rod I will save you some cakies next time!!!
9.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Sunday! Just in the door from the wedding and am typing in my sleep now
3.gif
Finally crawled into bed at 6am and had to leave the hotel at 11am-so tired!!

Lorelei-that''s great to hear about your new vet. That woman did come in on Friday but I didn''t go out to the desk-I just couldn''t speak to her. I stayed in the back of the surgery.

Skippy-thanks for sending sunshine vibes-it''s kind of worked (it''s not sunny, but it''s not raining either!).Muscle hour sounds tough!

Marcy-
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
You look absolutely amazing!!!
36.gif
36.gif
Seriously-so fab! Congrats on getting to the 150! The wedding was amazing-really good and we were on the dancefloor the whole night!

Will reply later after a few hours sleep-talk to you all then!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2008 8:47:02 AM
Author: bee*
Happy Sunday! Just in the door from the wedding and am typing in my sleep now
3.gif
Finally crawled into bed at 6am and had to leave the hotel at 11am-so tired!!

Lorelei-that''s great to hear about your new vet. That woman did come in on Friday but I didn''t go out to the desk-I just couldn''t speak to her. I stayed in the back of the surgery.

Skippy-thanks for sending sunshine vibes-it''s kind of worked (it''s not sunny, but it''s not raining either!).Muscle hour sounds tough!

Marcy-
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
You look absolutely amazing!!!
36.gif
36.gif
Seriously-so fab! Congrats on getting to the 150! The wedding was amazing-really good and we were on the dancefloor the whole night!

Will reply later after a few hours sleep-talk to you all then!
I don''t blame you!!
29.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I now definitely know next week is just set to be better :) all bad things happen in threes or so they say and mine have happened and more. I am now officially sick (Kimberley you and I can be sickie twins :D) my computer was smegged today but the BF fixed it and tonight popped a braces bracket(10:25pm and I can't do anything :K I am sure it was my fault though) SWEEET :/, fantastic way to end a craptastic week :D. Next week I think I might be up for something good :) winning lotto would be nice :D:D:D:D:D.

Sorry for whining I am feeling a little sorry for myself, my little pity party is all over thanks for listening.

Bee Have a fantastic time at the wedding looks like it a beautiful place :) I like the idea of an Irish wedding most parties here end about midnight lol.

Skippy Thanks for the congrats :) Glad you had a good time in muscle hour and YAY for alone time it is nice once in a while just to be by yourself :).

Monarch Have a good time on your walk :) Nothing like a nanna nap to make you feel refreshed :) they are seriously one of life's guilty pleasures :D

Mara My new trainer is pretty faboo I think he is great he seems to understand how to get the best out of you :). I saw you made more cupcakes OMG they look delish *droools* have a good time at the crab fest :D - Saw you did have a good time :) YAY even better :)

Kimi Get well soon apparently most new teachers tend to get sick quite a bit until their immune systems build up strong honey milk tea is always good :).

Lorelei I saw those cupcakes OMG how yummy did they look it is nice to have an indulgence :) good job with the workout

Rod 2hr workout
23.gif
WOW I would die but that is great :) Sounds like you had a really good day :)

Linda :) Lamb is definitely an acquired taste, my BF's family seemed to eat nothing but lamb when I used to come over I soon learned to aquire the taste for it.

marcyc OMG what can I say but WOW you look fantastic and congrats on reaching another milestone that is seriously a fantastic achievement you look AMAZING like a completely different person. YAY another *happy dance* is in order :D:D:D:D. I hope you have a better week at work as well but I am sure you will be on cloud 9 I know I would :):):)

Have a great day everyone :)

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
marcy, congrats!!! you look great and are such an inspiration.

as for me, i''m totally wiped out. i went to an african dance masterclass yesterday that was taught by a visiting professional group and it totally kicked my tail! in a good way, of course, but between that and then going out dancing for a friend''s birthday last night, i''m pretty exhausted (and sore!) today. i think i will just be going for a walk this afternoon, everything else feels like too much effort.

i hope everyone''s having a great day.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh Marcy, what a transformation! Good for you!!! Please tell your story to the world--find a publisher somehwere--and let folks know that their weight loss goals can be achieved!!! Honeslty you look amazing and oh so young!

It is snowing here in cowtown, so my exercise today will involve trapsing the shops looking for some prints to hang...I''d love to ski in the fresh powder but alas am not quite myself....yet...getting better....eating lots since i am starving now my appetite is back!

Nice to see everyone
35.gif

cheers--Sharon

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, Marcy, Marcy!!!!!!! Oh my goodness, you are just so amazing, and you are absolutely GLOWING in the most recent shots. I wish I could hug you! I never noticed the shoes before you mentioned it, it must have been someone else who caught onto that. How''s your sister doing?

Dee, you can be my sick twin. I am a big tea drinker (I don''t like coffee much), I had three cups yesterday with soy milk, but no honey. Perhaps I should add it in.

Mara, I almost forgot my mulitvitamin last night and then I remembered and though of you.

Linda, John will be over for dinner tonight!

Shortblonde, the african dance class sounds so fun!

Sharon, take good care of yourself. How are you feeling after surgery? It''s been a few weeks now, if memory serves (please forgive me if I''m totally wrong, my brain is on overload).

It''s an icky day here in SD, rained last night and lots of fog, so no walk for me. Will do a short elliptical workout. Have some more school work to attend to and perhaps we''ll go to a movie and out to dinner depending on how I feel.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2008 11:24:22 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Marcy, Marcy, Marcy!!!!!!! Oh my goodness, you are just so amazing, and you are absolutely GLOWING in the most recent shots. I wish I could hug you! I never noticed the shoes before you mentioned it, it must have been someone else who caught onto that. How''s your sister doing?

Dee, you can be my sick twin. I am a big tea drinker (I don''t like coffee much), I had three cups yesterday with soy milk, but no honey. Perhaps I should add it in.

Sharon, take good care of yourself. How are you feeling after surgery? It''s been a few weeks now, if memory serves (please forgive me if I''m totally wrong, my brain is on overload).

It''s an icky day here in SD, rained last night and lots of fog, so no walk for me. Will do a short elliptical workout. Have some more school work to attend to and perhaps we''ll go to a movie and out to dinner depending on how I feel.
HI:

Kim, I wish I could find the link to the research article I read recently about the medicinal "effects" of honey (wound healing actually)--I really love it and use it when I need a sweetener in my drinks. (I make hot lemondae with fresh lemons and ginger for health and honey to taste....). And I love it on toast....... Hope you get better soon, you seem to have had a rough go of cold related issues this winter--do you take a fish oil supplement? I take Wild Salmon Oil (18% EPA and 12% DHA) daily, and "believe" it helps my immunity

I am 5 week post-op and getting better, thank you. No exercise only light activities, so I am envious of you exercisers!!

cheers--Sharon

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Just had to check in to say

CONGRATS, MARCY!!!!!!!!!!!!

You look fantastic!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Kris had Friday off for Cesar Chavez Day, so we started our weekend a little early, which was nice. We've been running errands and doing some work around the house. Yesterday we made chili with some leftover chicken we had. We couldn't eat it last night (we've been eating chicken all week, which is just too much meat for us--we're usually mostly vegetarian) so we froze it. I had a taste though, and it was really tasty. Gave us a chance to use our new crockpot, as well. Yay! Today I'm going to go for a walk with my mom--we try to get together once a week or so while I still live close enough.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend--I've been reading everyone's posts, and it sounds like people are doing great (with the exception of Dee and Kimberly--feel better!). I'm going to go get ready for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results