shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 25th March till 31st March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hello wwt! not too much new to report here, but i am keeping up with the healthy eating and exercising. elliptical tonight!

lorelei, too funny about hiding the cupcakes! glad you are feeling good about yourself thse days.

kimberly, glad you are feeling better and avoided getting sick again.

rod, mmm, lobster!

ladypirate, glad you are feeling better too. and hooray for having a moving date.

bee, i am jealous of your hiking in the mountains, we only have little hills here!

apple, i'm impressed you're good at jump roping!

monarch, i cut down alot on alcohol when i started losing weight...i was having a glass or two of wine every night and the calories really add up. now i only have maybe a couple glasses a week total. good luck with the interview!

steph, i hope you get the job. i don't like to chat when i'm working out either!

diver, welcome! calorie counting works best for me, otherwise i have a tendency to overdo it on healthy foods. oh, and i'm not mara, but i'm taking a zumba class right now and i feel lukewarm about it. mine is not challenging enough and i never feel like i get a really good workout, but maybe another instructor would be different. i also take west african dance and i LOVE that!

skippy, hope you hare having a better day today!

marcy, so sorry to hear about your sister, i hope she recovers quickly.

ss, what brand are the wraps?

mara, i thought we had lost you to all the cupcakes! and i agree with your trainer, i am totally jealous of your metabolism, i could not get away with all the desserts you eat!

have a good one!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
so i put on another pair of capris i havent worn since last summer and whee they fit fine. so that is great news that i havent porked out in the last 6 months, though it feels like it. so ...more cupcakes! yay. just kidding. hehee.

anyway, diver..i love zumba!!! i am REALLY uncoordinated but i have gotten so much better with the class. it is a lot of latin dance for sure, like cumbia, salsa, merengue, i have learned a lot of basic elements and had to learn how to actually DISCOVER my hips, much less move them. there''s even a little belly dancing kind of stuff going on. and the latin dance stuff really works your abs big time what with all the ab and hip isolation. it seems like all the teachers are diff, we have 2 teachers, and i take them both each week, so one on thurs (more advanced and more cardio) and one on sat (more beginner and learning the moves)...it''s so fun.

i might also add ivengar yoga in as my training facility offers it on wed nights and that is like my ''off'' night so i thought if i wanted to add something in that was not strenuous but would help tone me..it could be fun. and since i''m paying monthly now, i get unlimited classes anytime. so i might as well try a bunch of stuff.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello, all.

The wraps (I got in the deli aisle of Walmart) are called Carbdown Light Flatout Wraps. Mine are Italian Herb but there were at least 3 varieties. They''re yummy.

Great yoga today, a bit challenging on the balance poses...okay, really challenging, I had to come out of the poses a few times because I couldn''t hold it. But, it''s something to work at!

My house is being sided now. (I rent, but we intend on buying eventually) It has the old-fashioned cedar siding that is original to the house. The owners have always taken very good care of it, sealing and treating, etc. But, we ended up with a mold growing on the South side this past fall. It had to be treated and killed. Now the only way to make sure it doesn''t come back is by putting up vinyl siding. The only problem is the incessant hammering and sawing. My little guy woke up screaming when they started pounding right outside his bedroom window. (we''ve now told them we sleep later than 7 because DH works 2nd shift, so hopefully they''ll wait til 9am before they pummel the house.) We asked them if they could work somewhere other than his window for naptime, and they said they would, but they didn''t. I put him down when they took their lunch, figuring that''s when they''d move. But, a half hour later, he was up hollering again because of the noise. Hopefully it won''t take too long to complete the job, because this could get miserable.

Good eating, Good workouts, Good walks, Good cupcakes!

3.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey all, happy tuesday! I lost 1 lb in WW this week so am down 11.5lb. Just back from bootcamp- I hurt my ankle yesterday and it was really sore today so they checked me out and wouldn''t let me do the running, but luckily they were doing an upper body circuit workout tonight so I could do all that part of it. My ankle is so sore though-just taking it easy for the rest of the evening.

appletini-that''s great that you noticed that your jumping rope has improved-I love seeing differences like that.

Lorelei-that''s so cool about your husbands comments. It''s always great to have a man who thinks you''re a sex goddess!

Monarch-that''s a pity to hear that your interview was put off for another few days. Oh well, just more time to prepare and knock em dead! I hope that your husband''s interview went well. I really need to make sure that I track everything I eat-I seem to be getting a bit lax on that.

Steph-5 times cardio would be brilliant per week!! That dinner sounds amazing! I''m sure the people in the gym can just see that you''re trying to exercise hard-I''m the same in the gym-I can never talk to anyone-I''m doing my best just to breath!

Divergrrl-have you ever used sparkpeople.com-I found them great when I wasn''t on WW last year.

Skippy-sorry to hear about your bad day. That shirt will definitely fit by the summer-you''re doing amazing on WW.

Marcy-sorry to hear that your sister had her worst night yet. Send her my best wishes again. Hopefully she''ll improve soon. I have never been able to get D back-he''s too wise to my tricks!!

Hey somethingshiny-I''ve never done yoga but I''m totally addicted to my aerobics classes-is it bad that it''s one of the highlights of my week? I just love it. I''ll post a photo of one of the hikes we do-this wasn''t the one that we did yesterday but it''s the one that we did last week.

Rod-glad Charlie made it home safe and sound. Hope that the gym went well!

Mara.....step away from the cupcakes
3.gif
Hope you had a good workout!! A little indulgence never hurt anyone!

ladypirate-awww a pair of kittens! I love cats also. D and I are moving into our new place in the next 6 weeks and we''re going to get a kitten also. Amber adores them so she''ll be thrilled to have a little kitten living with her.

SB-enjoy the elliptical tonight!! If you ever come over here you''ll have to go for a walk in the mountains.

Here''s the photo for you somethingshiny

amber and lake2.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I should also give some props to my dog who''s in the above photo-she''s lost a whole 3kg. So I''ll give her her dues on this thread
3.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
style="WIDTH: 60.87%; HEIGHT: 84px">Date: 3/25/2008 4:50:08 PM
Author: shortblonde

apple, i''m impressed you''re good at jump roping!
LOL! I never said I was good at it, just that I''m improving. Normally I get 10-20 rotations befere the rope catches me, now I can make it 30-40.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hello all! Well, I''m beginning to think something is going on with me.....I have been doing really well eating and exercise wise over the past few weeks. There was a cold front that came through last night, so I was putting on my fave size 6 jeans I''ve been wearing for the past 6 months or so and they would not even begin to zip up. I could barely even get them buttoned! I have put on about 8 lbs the past month! I keep doing all the right things and I just keep gaining! I have been super tired the last few weeks and this afternoon, I started feeling sick in the store. I had all the same symptoms with Andrew, so who knows? I will have to take a test here soon and see if that explains it all....otherwise, not really sure what to do to stop the weight gain. I''m doing 5x a week of cardio for 40-45 mins. and staying within my cal. range on sparkpeople, so I don''t know what the problem is. Anyway, hope everyone has a nice night:)

SS, I have been doing the yoga too, about twice a week. I like tivoing it b/c I skip through the commercials, so I usually do 2 sessions back to back and it works out to be about 45 mins. I am really sore the next day, so it must be working:)

Rod, glad you and Charlie had a great night last night. I agree that the white might not last in the long run, but I think we will probably be in this house 2 years tops due to Adam''s job, so I don''t think that is a huge factor since it''s not our forever house. I do worry about it chipping though.

Skippy, enjoy your nice weather and muscle hour!

Appletini, great job on the lunch workout!

Mara, yea for fitting into last year''s clothes!

Bee, yea for your continued weight loss! You are doing so awesome:) And yea for your cutie dog!

Hi, Ladypirate, Divergirl, Shortblonde

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
bee~ Amazing photo! It''s just beautiful. I live in a pretty flat area so anytime there is a panoramic view like that my wanderlust kicks in! It''s really weird for me to be addicted to exercise (as my initial posts will enumerate). But, I look forward to it all morning!

Steph~ As I''ve stated (sadly), I don''t have a TiVo. I do the program at least 30 minutes/day at least 5x/week. So, I continue the warm-up through the first commercial, and I try to do like Sun salutation or something during the second commercials. It comes on twice at 9pm two nights a week. I love it when I can do both shows back to back. JT is in bed, DH is at work, and I can just completely lose myself in that hour. But, I''m definitely sore the next day! Good luck with the preggo test!!!

Rod~ Glad you had a good reunion night! Hope gym went well. I think everyone should try yoga! It would be a completely different workout that you uberguys usually do, but you might enjoy it!

Mara~ I think you should try the yoga. I love it.

Hello, all you WWTers!

Have a great tomorrow!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Tuesday All!

I am so excited to report that I came home today and spent 50 minutes on the elliptical. I decided that I needed to put everything else on the back burner for an afternoon an it felt great!

We had a nice dinner last night. I had vegetable ravioli in red sauce w/ no cheese and we split a caprese salad and an apple tart.

I guess we''re having pasta for dinner tonight. J is cooking, so I can''t complain that it will be two nights in a row.

Stephanie, you''d mentioned wanting another child, so perhaps that''s just happening sooner than you planned!

Mara, so glad your capri''s fit well.

I need to power through some school work now.

Have a great evening.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all; I good friend cheered me up today, thanks!
2.gif
I had a good workout today at muscle hour and I am sure my muscles will be sore tomorrow. Hubby made this wonderful chicken white bean soup w/lots of veggies; it is so delicious! I am watching dancing w/the Stars, yay; I love this show! I hope you all have a wonderful evening, friends!!!!
35.gif

Steph, I agree w/Kimi about the baby. Keep us posted.

Mara, enjoy your workout.

SS, thanks for the wrap info; I have seen them but haven't tried them. The tomato basil looked good; I will have try them next time. Yay for yoga!

Bee, whooo hooo for you lb; go Bee go! You are doing awesome and give Amber a doggie kiss for me!

Kimi, yay for the elliptical, good for you!!!

Rod, hope your workout was fab and thanks for being a great pal!

Ladypirate, hey, good to see you!!!

Shortblonde, yay for your elliptical workout!!

eta: Marcy, good to hear your sis is improving; I have her in my thoughts

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi my WWT friends. I hope you had a great day. My sister is doing a little bit better today. She slept some last night and has not gotten sick all day. She is even going to try and eat supper. It has been a week now and the doctor told her she’d see improvement by the weeks not the days. I thank all of you for your well wishes for her.
My husband and I split a steak tonight and had mashed potatoes. I was trying to figure out my remaining 100 calories for supper so decided to make garlic toast out of small plain bagels. They turned out great. We melted butter (mine didn’t have a lot on it), chopped up garlic and sprinkled on the buttered bagels and I baked them at 400 for about 5 minutes until they were browned and then melted a little bit of 2% mozzarella cheese on them.
Steph, I am sure the people know you are working out and don’t think a thing about it. Sounds like you do need to take a test soon.
1.gif

Somethingshiny, I am glad your yoga program wasn’t cancelled. What network is it on? Darn for having to put up with the noise from them putting siding on your house. LOL at “Good Cupcakes”.
Lorelei, thanks for always reminding us we will hit those walls but perseverance will pay off and keep us moving in the desired direction.
Rod, that is great Charlie got home okay and you guys had a great time catching up with people last night. I am sure you had a great time going back to the gym today.
Mara, you are becoming quite the baker with your marvelous cupcakes. I am usually content to have a little bit of dough and one hot sample then I’m done. I think a trip to celebrate Greg’s new job sounds terrific. Yep, if your pants still fit there is no reason you can’t have more cupcakes. Tee hee.
Skippy, glad you have lovely weather to get out and enjoy while taking a walk. We are still too chilly here to get out for long. I was about to suggest my sister see another doctor but since she seems better tonight I won’t bring it up. I am glad she’s better.
Ladypirate, I am looking for mini cupcake pans too. A new Chef’s catalog arrived today that is calling my name.
Appletini, sorry you were tired after your 30 minutes on the elliptical. I hope you are feeling okay now.
Divergrrl, have fun walking your babies.
Shortblonde, I’m glad to hear you are keeping up with the healthy eating and exercise. I gave up drinking wine most the time too – I always want a second and I just don’t need the calories.
Bee, congratulations for being down another pound. Sorry to hear about your ankle, I hope it feels better soon. Rats for not being able to get D back. I rarely manage to get Marty back but I am pretty excited when I do. I always keep trying though. The view from your hike is lovely. Yay for Amber loosing weight too.
Kimi, that’s great you spent some time on the elliptical today. I have to go grade papers too. Only 6 more weeks of this semester left for me. Yippee.
Take care and if you dream of cupcakes, I hope they are minis. Laters.
35.gif

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening All!

We had a nice afternoon. After lunch we sat under the oak and enjoyed our coffee under some of the most spectacular blue skies I've seen. It was cool (near 70), but no wind so it was really just beautiful. Charlie went to the gym from there, while I stopped at the store and picked up a few things we needed, came home and checked email, then I hit the gym around 3:30. I was wondering whether 5 days away from the gym would have affected my workout and I'm glad to report that I had a very strong and productive 2.5 hour workout and it just felt great. I know that letting one's muscles heal completely can be a good thing. But, I won't likely stay away for 5 days for a while. We had homemade chicken veggie soup for dinner and then we watched American Idol (which I'm hooked on).

Mara, thanks for asking but absolutely nothing happening on the job hunt. I'm trying to stay positive, but must admit that it's difficult. I've been out of work now for 2 months. I understand that jobs at my level are few and far between and it can take several months, but I'm not the most patient person on the planet. And I do worry that being 53 is playing against me. There is age discrimination in this country, so that's an issue Charlie and I both have to face. Anyway, I'm sure something will come along, but I sure wish it would sooner rather than later.

Yay for a 3 mile walk Skippy. I'm glad your troubles from yesterday may be better today! We can't have our Skippy depressed now can we?? I hope you enjoyed muscle hour tonight!

Sorry my FroYo addiction's invading your dreams LP!! Do you have any natural tart FroYo places near you? I'm not sure I could ever live somewhere where there wasn't one myself.

Still amazed that you work out during your lunch break Appletini! Good for you.

Hope you had nice time with the double stroller and your 2.5 mile walk/jog Divergrrl.

Glad you are doing well with healthy eating and working out SB!!

I hope the residing of the house isn't too disruptive somethingshiny.

What a beautiful picture of the Irish Countryside bee*!!! My (ex) sister-in-law is from County Cork, Ireland and we had always talked about going there with her and my nephews oneday.

Steph, when I was reading your post, my first thought was........I bet there's a little one on the way. I hope you already bought the test and know the answer. If you are, I hope it's what you wanted at this time!

Good for you doing 50 minutes on the elliptical and it sounds you are feeling better. How is John feeling today?

I guess that does it for me. We'll be at the gym again tomorrow. And this really nice man we've become friends with at Sbucks is taking us to a Thai restaurant for lunch tomorrow. He's from Lebanon and is the kindest most thoughtful person we've met in a long time. So, we're definitely looking forward to that.

Sleep well everyone!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning! Woohoo it''s Wednesday already. I didn''t go into college today as my ankle is still really sore-I wish I knew what I did to it yesterday, so I''m just going to study for the day and then work this evening.

Steph-ugh that''s so irritating when you''re doing everything right and you''re still putting on late. Maybe you need to eat a little more to speed up your metabolism? Or vary your workout routine a bit?

Somethingshiny-you''ll have to come over here for a mountain hike. I live at the foot of the mountains so I just love driving 20 minutes up and walking Amber. It''s so peaceful and she can go off the lead and just run!

Kimberley-well done for getting 50 minutes done on the elliptical! I''m finding it hard to get ten minutes done on that machine at the moment.

Skippy-glad your friend cheered you up and that muscle hour was fun. That dinner your husband cooked you sounds yummy! I''ve given Amber a big doggie kiss for you (she sends one back too)

Marcy-glad to hear that your sister is doing a bit better. Your garlic toast sounds amazing! That''s all I can think of now even though it''s only 9.20am over here!! I''ll have to keep trying to get D back. I''m sure it will be easier when I move in with him in a few weeks! Amber says thank you too!! She''s a skinny mini at the moment (well nearly-she has about another 2kg to go).

Rod-wow a 2.5 hour workout! That sounds tough!! Glad to hear that you went strong at it though after the few days off. Sorry to hear that there''s still no luck on the jobsfront. Would you believe that photo is about twenty minutes from the center of Dublin. That''s one of the things that I love over here-you just drive for a few minutes and you''re out of the city and up the top of the mountains. You''ll have to come visit Ireland someday!

Well have a great day all!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bee what a great pic, how wonderful for you and Amber to have such a wonderful place to walk. Kudos to Miss Amber as well for her weight loss!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Jasmine has lost a lot of weight since we had her, she was a fat Thoroughbred, but now she looks supergorgeous! You should see her move, gosh is she fast! It just goes to show they have been built for speed!

I did 50 mins cardio last night. Bee, I did you ever watch Upstairs Downstairs? I have the complete series on DVD now so I can spend my workouts in the company of Lady Marjorie and Mrs Bridges. "RUBY!!!"

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lorelei! That's great that Jasmine has lost lots of weight also! It's amazing what a bit of loss does for their energy levels. Amber was always very hyperactive but now she's unbelievable! Not bad for a dog that's nearly 11 years old!

Oh I remember upstairs, downstairs-I haven't seen that in years!! I love working out to things like that. I used to do my exercise bike to sex and the city!

Somethingshiny-I have another photo of a different angle of that view. Amber's in it again (can you tell D and I love our pup
3.gif
). You can see the little road in the background so we leave the car there and start walking the whole perimeter of the mountain-it's amazing. The other photo is about another mile around the mountatin.

mupsonthemountains2.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful walk and look at Madam's mucky paws, bless her! You live in a beautiful part of the world!
30.gif
I want to snuggle your baby so bad!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
You should have seen her about five minutes later when she decided to roll in the mud-Amber wasn''t so white anymore! Not sure if I have a photo of mucky pup though! If you ever come over here you can meet Amber and I for a walkies!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2008 7:26:44 AM
Author: bee*
You should have seen her about five minutes later when she decided to roll in the mud-Amber wasn''t so white anymore! Not sure if I have a photo of mucky pup though! If you ever come over here you can meet Amber and I for a walkies!!
I would love to go walkies with you and Amber! I am glad she didn''t roll in fox poo, I have heard that is the WORST smell ever and very hard to remove!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning all and happy hump day!

Bee, those pictures are amazing!

Marcy, your steak dinner sounds yummy!

Rod, I can imagine how frustrated you are. I was out of work the first month or so after I moved to San Diego and it was very difficult. I feel for you.

Skip, I''m glad your friend was able to cheer you up. Take care of yourself.

I''m off to work. Have a great day all!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey kim have you been feeling better? I might have missed you saying so somewhere. So much to keep up with! I hope so anyway.

steph...hmmm interesting that you've gained 8 lbs. i am not a parent at all so i have no idea but isn't 8 lbs a lot to gain in 1 month even if you do have a bun in the oven? i thought people really didn't gain all that much in the first trimester? anyway, the one thing i wanted to say is that if you do not have a bun in the oven, is that you probably need to shake up your routine. after i lost my weight...it started creeping back on when i was trying to maintain. it was a combo of not eating enough to fuel my workouts, my body was kind of like 'hey i need more from you' but i wasn't listening, and also cardio just was not cutting it anymore for me. i had to add a ton of weight resistance into my routine. so now i do cardio but a lot more of muscle stuff, even just things like squats, lunges, pushups, situps are using your own body's resistance to help build muscle and burn more fat. so just tossing that out there, that cardio did not work long-term for me solely on it's own. i had to really get more into the weight stuff. and now i am able to mix it up and do the dance, pilates, cardio, and weights and mostly maintain. but keep us posted on the potential bun!

rod..i know it's discouraging esp for you and charlie to be out of work, same for you monnie and hubby. no one likes to worry about the future by any means. and rod i kind of do agree with you re: age discrimination, i could totally see that. and at your level too...it's tough, the jobs are probably more scarce anyway, but then when people are hiring, they might be thinking 'well is this guy going to be here with us in 5 years or will he be retiring?'...i think out here in the bayarea it might not be as big of a deal because people float from job to job easily within 5 years, but not sure how the market is where you are and if it's more 'stay with a co for a long time' vibe. in any case, are you thinking about maybe doing something else? i remember you were thinking about potentially doing something diff last time...like RE or Jewelry? it could potentially be an option. or what about contracting or consulting? i did that for a year and a half when the bottom fell out here in the silicon valley. no one had budget for a perm person but i did 3-6 month stints here and there when companies needed marketing but couldn't get a FT person. it pays quite well. just a thought!

everyone else sounds like they're plugging away quite well. marcy glad your sis is doing a little better.

yesterday i did a 1.5 mile walk with my coworker, and 20 min of cardio on the elliptical after work, and then 5 minutes of jump rope and 10 minutes of 3-4 arm weight exercises. tonite is my night off but i would like to walk so if it doesn't rain, i'm meeting a friend at the trail for 45 minutes so that we can walk, then grab dinner quickly, then hit up the cake decorating class. my coworker and i are trying to walk 1-2m daily, and so far it's been great. when i was at my thinnest last year i was walking every day at least 2 miles and working out as well and i think it's a great thing to 'add' in if you can find someone to do it with (it does get boring otherwise!) and find the time and a fun walking area. we normally just walk and dish about what is going on.

last nite for dinner i met a friend since greg had rehearsal and got yummy kebabs, chicken for me and mixed veggies...no rice. a little hummus. dessert was the frozen natural tart yogurt, love this particular place we went to, it's my fave. they have mango flavor tart, it doesn't taste quite like mango, more like lemony but i love it !

anyhow, that's my report...hope everyone is doing well, happy wed. i am tired this morning as i went to bed WAY too late last nite, so hopefully tonite i can get to bed at a decent hour so i am not a zombie for thurs and fri!

PS bee i love those pictures, amber is too pretty.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good morning!
Thanks everyone for the good wishes. It is still a few days early to take a test, but I will keep everyone updated as soon as I know something. Anyway, just doing lots of running around here today. I am going to go to the grocery store to stock up on heatlhy snacks and dinners and then I''m going to look for a new kitchen table. Everyone have a great day!

Mara, I am just thinking that it might be a bun in the oven b/c I had the same kind of symptoms with Andrew. With him, I gained 9 lbs in the first 8 weeks and then I kind of stopped gaining until the 3rd trimester...weird I know. But you do have a point about the weights. I actually cut some of my weights out to try to do more cardio to try to lose the last 10 lbs. so that might be what''s going on. I am going to add the weights back in and see if that helps. I usually eat on the high side of my limit on sparkpeople like 1500-1600 cals, but maybe I will up it to 1800 a day since I have been doing a ton of cardio. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions!

Marcy, glad your sis is doing some better.

Your homemade soup sounds good. Glad you had a great session at the gym!

Bee, love your pics!

Kimmi, yea for the elliptical workout!

Hello to everyone else!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I am getting ready to make the biscuits along with chicken and milk gravy as a treat for Hubby! Fingies crossed they come out ok!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I went to the step class today and it actually was step this time. One of the people in the class told me it was faster paced than usual, but wow did I work up a good sweat...my shirt was soaked.

Rod, The way that you describe the intensity of your workouts, I imagine you looking like a body builder.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi all!

We were away visiting DH''s brother et al and my uncle et al. It was nice to be on vacation. I ran one day and took off the rest!

My aunt passed away this past summer and had quite a clothing, purse, and shoe (and everything else) collection. I passed the Cinderella test (apparently none of her daughters/in-law or granddaughters was the same shoe size) and got to pick out a couple of pairs of shoes and purses. Seriously, there were hundreds of each, all nice designers (not like I''d know though! I was thinking, "If I were a normal girl I''d probably take this Louis Vuitton bag, but it doesn''t look practical so I''ll just take this plain one."). So that was fun. But also like being a little kid in a giant candy store. My uncle said something about shipping me all of the shoes, but we would literally need another room on our house to store them.

The flight back last night was pretty funny. It was a small plane with two seats on each side of the aisle. All carry-on suitcases had be "greentagged" and put below, but this one guy kept whining about how one bag had his laptop and the other a suit he needed to wear to an important meeting. He kept pretending not to hear the various attendants who tried to speak to him and demanding to see a copy of the FAA rules or to have them put his suit bag in a box. But the funniest part was how he was up against a longwinded, snarky flight attendant. She won the fight. I''m sure if he''d just said, "Oh, I''m sorry mam, I wasn''t prepared to stowe either of these. May I wait and see if the luggage bins fill up?" they''d have tried to accomodate him. But he was a 40-year-old man using the same pitch and inflection that 5 year olds use when they whine, so no one was impressed.

There is a diamond-related point to this, I promise. So we were in the front row and the flight attendant said to me from her jump seat, "Nice ring" or something as we were taking off. She then proceeded to tell me about how her son bought her daughter-in-law a nice one or one and a half carat diamond, but his mother made fun of him, so he returned it for a two or three carat diamond which looked ridiculously huge. The moral of this story was obviously how her daughter''s mother-in-law was a horrible person. If the daughter was anything like the mother I couldn''t imagine her having enough money to buy such a ring, and I was right. She then told me that her son-in-law had gotten a good deal because he had a friend in the business. He supposedly got this two or three carat ring for $1,500. Must have set that CZ in a nice setting!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2008 7:59:36 AM
Author: Lorelei

I would love to go walkies with you and Amber! I am glad she didn''t roll in fox poo, I have heard that is the WORST smell ever and very hard to remove!

Nope it wasn''t fox poo-just sheep poo! Stinky pup!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2008 4:03:18 PM

Date: 3/26/2008 7:59:36 AM
Author: Lorelei

Nope it wasn''t fox poo-just sheep poo! Stinky pup!!
LOL!!!
emotion-41.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening everyone! Just back from work and am so tired so think I might hit my bed pretty soon! Having a bad eating day today-not sure why, just can''t stop eating rubbish. Found out one of my favourite doggie clients was put down yesterday as her owner didn''t want to pay anymore money towards her, not that the dog was ever really sick. I''m so annoyed! Plus after putting down this beautiful dog she went and got a new pup
29.gif
I''m so annoyed
29.gif

Thanks Kimberley-hope you had a good day at work!

Mara-well done for getting all that exercise done yesterday! Your dinner sounds delicious last night but that dessert really sounds fab!Thanks for the compliments on Amber!

Steph-best of luck taking the test!! If you''re doing tons of cardio, it''s probably better to up your calorie intake a bit.

PG-sorry to hear about your aunt, but that''s so cool about all the shoes and bags!

Hope you all have a good evening!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys...just a quick update....took a test and there is officially no bun in the oven. I just must have been eating too many buns from the oven, hahaha. Seriously, I am feeling a little down about it even though we weren''t trying yet. Adam is more upset about it than me...he was really loving the idea last night and coming up with names, etc. Oh well, it will happen when it is meant to and now I can take the time to lose this extra weight before I gain it back during the pregnancy. Thanks for all the kind thoughts.

Eating has been ok today. Oatmeal for breakfast, fiber 1 bar for snack, chick-fil-a chargrilled sandwich with a few fries for lunch. I think I am going to make some chicken parmasean tonight using a healthy baked recipe. I am going to do the ellpitical tonight when Adam gets home, and work in some weights in a few minutes.

Bee, that would make me upset about putting down a healthy dog. Our dog has been quite sickly and we spent thousands upon thousands to help her get better with no thought of putting her down if there was a way to get her healthy. I can''t believe she would just go out and get another puppy....so sad.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, today is a great day; all the little stress stuff I had got sorted out, yay. hehe Thanks guys! Well, my arms are totally sore today; I plan on going for a walk this afternoon as the weather is in the 70's and fab!!!
emhot.gif
Have a wonderful day!

Bee, I am so sorry about that doggie; give Amber extra hugs. It is sad when people put their dogs down like that; I would be upset too. Tell Amber thank you for her doggie kisses; she is such a darling!

Rod, have a great workout and I was just stressed, no depressed skips here. You and I both had soup last night, funny!!! hehe

Marcy, so happy your sis is improving!

Steph, yay for your workouts; keep us posted! eta: sorry about no bun, it will happen soon.

Kimi, have fun w/the kiddos!!! I will ask you more questions in your WW a little later.

Lorelei, glad you liked the cc recipe; I think I will try baking it sometime soon
3.gif

Hey Mara, Apple, PHX and anyone else I missed
35.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear that there''s no bun in the oven yet Steph! That must be disappointing
7.gif

I''m still annoyed over that stupid owner. It''s just irritating as there are so many people that would have taken that dog-she really was one of the friendliest dogs I''ve ever come across and definitely the friendliest jack russells I''ve ever had come into the clinic. Just can''t believe that she was put down for no reason, that''s why it''s annoying me so much.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results