shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 25th March till 31st March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock

Hi everyone! Congrats to those of you who have accomplished goals or made progress this week and encouragement to those who may be struggling.

Bee* -- I LOVE Amber. Thanks for posting the pic. She is just too cute. Sorry you''re upset about the other pup ... What''s not to be upset about, right? So awful.

38.gif

I''m sorry I haven''t checked in. I was getting ready to post last week that I was beginning to notice a difference in my legs due to my work outs, however, I''ve been completely sidelined and discouraged by falling sick. Just found out yesterday that I have an upper respiratory infection and sinusitis. No fun at all.

I trust that I will be better by next week, however, I''m hoping that I am able to jump right back into my routine and be as committed as before. I''m nervous b/c routine is such a big deal for me. It''s always most difficult to actually get into the gym for the first time as opposed to just going daily or a couple times a week out of habit, right? Anyways, since I have a support group of sorts, I''m sure that it will be easier this time than it has been other times.

Keep up the good work everyone!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Skippy...feeling better today????

Bee: I checked out Spark People,but didn''t like it. I cant use anything that requires me to get on my computer to input my food/etc. I used to use bootleg WWcalc software on my Palm Pilot back in the day, so I upgraded my phone to a Treo 700p smartphone y''day. (all my fave diet software only runs on Palm OS) Before I go back to the old WWcalc software, i figured I''d give Calorie King a spin. They have a 14 day free trial on the handheld software and so far I love it! It counts calories & focuses on carb, fiber, protein & fat intake. It uses your exercise against your food intake, which I LOVE.

It says I need to eat about 1400 cal a day--based on age, gender, height, activity level, which is less than WW....maybe that''s why I''m not losing, I was taking in about 1890 cals a day on WW via the points system. If I find I''m too hungry on 1400, I''ll keep adding 100 cals here and there until I get it right.

I''ve never counted calories before, but I think now I need something straightforward & not easily tweakable like WWpoints.

The cool thing about the handheld is that you have a HUGE database of food at your fingertips and not only can you search out caloric values, restaurants, etc, you can drop them into your diet diary. I''m a gadgetgeek...so gadgety things work for me. Plus its my freakin''phone now, so its always with me. LOL! no excuses!

I walked 2.5 miles y''day pushing the babies...today I want to do some weights.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2008 4:05:50 PM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 3/26/2008 4:03:18 PM

Author: bee*

Date: 3/26/2008 7:59:36 AM

Author: Lorelei

Date: 3/26/2008 7:26:44 AM

Author: bee*

You should have seen her about five minutes later when she decided to roll in the mud-Amber wasn''t so white anymore! Not sure if I have a photo of mucky pup though! If you ever come over here you can meet Amber and I for a walkies!!

I would love to go walkies with you and Amber! I am glad she didn''t roll in fox poo, I have heard that is the WORST smell ever and very hard to remove!

Nope it wasn''t fox poo-just sheep poo! Stinky pup!!

LOL!!!
emotion-41.gif

lol! It could have been worse-you should have seen it when it was horse poo
14.gif
3.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can''t sleep so came back to post before doing study!

Skippy-glad today is a better day for you!! I hear you on the sore arms thing-after the upper body workout in bootcamp yesterday I can definitely feel my arms today!

Sparkalicious-thank you! I did try and find a photo of the mountains without Amber in it but we don''t have any!! She''s in all of our photos
9.gif
It is awful about that other dog. I''m still so annoyed-I just don''t know how anyone can do that, especially to that dog. She was gorgeous. Sorry to hear that you''re sick. Rest up this week and you can slowly get back into it when you''re feeling better.

Diver-wow that''s a big difference in calories. I''ve never actually added up the WW points in calories-I remember on Sparkpeople they told me to use I think it was between 1200 and 1550 cals per day. A handheld is great-I wish I could get something like that over here. It would save a lot of time looking things up! Well done on the exercise!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bee, your pics of Amber and the mountains are gorgeous. I can never get enough of looking at pics of other people''s pets!

So, my interview is definitely tomorrow at 1:30...I''m looking forward to it but still a little nervous. I''m not nervous to meet someone new or to be interviewed, but since I haven''t had a crazy amount of responses to all the resumes I''ve sent out recently I feel like so much is riding on this one little interview. Anyway, I will check in tomorrow afternoon and let you all know how it went.

Today I got my hair done (cut and color), and I love it. I had been highlighting my dark brown hair forever and I decided I needed to go back to brunette with a few warm gold highlights, so that''s what she did and I feel like a new woman. DH hates it.
20.gif
He is honest to a fault and at least I always know he is sincere when he pays me a compliment, but still...not what I wanted to hear today when I got home.

Not much else to report tonight...I had a lean cuisine for lunch and made DH tacos for dinner, along with yummy homemade guacamole, so I had a nice veggie taco and some guac, super good and full of fresh ingredients, (ok except the tortillas--I am no good at making those). I didn''t really work out today but will do some arm weights and lunges later and then try to get a good night''s rest. Still doing well on the no alcohol thing, although I wanted one of DH''s Coronas soooo bad earlier.
11.gif
Tomorrow it''s supposed to be nice again here, so after I get home from my interview I am planning a nice long walk.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending buckets of PS dust for you Monnie tomorrow
wiz1.gif

Diver, I am great, thanks! I am sorry the points aren't working, sounds like you have a good plan. Whooo hoooo for your walk and baby D is gorgeous!!! Yay for the superwoman walks pushing the kiddos!

Sparks, hope you feel better soon, good to see you!!!

I had a great walk; boy do I love my walks. hehe

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening All.........

We had a pretty nice day. It was just a beautiful day weatherwise with temps in the mid 70's, no humidity, perfect blue skies and gentle breezes. We had our fruit and coffee on the terrace and watched sailboats in the bay. Then we got ready to meet our friend to have the Thai place he wanted to take us to for lunch. It was really good. We all had red curry dishes, mine with shrimp and the other two were chicken and our host also ordered the sampler platter of appetizers for us to share. The company and food was really nice. This place is right around the corner from Sbucks (of course!), so we sat under the oak and enjoyed coffee together after lunch. We went the gym and I worked out really hard as usual. One trainer commented that I was not using a machine I use often in the right position (it's the forward fly machine) and when he adjusted my seat, I realized he was right and I was not getting the full benefit in my chest from the machine. I'm grateful he pointed this out to me as my chest has been something I have really worked on over the last couple years, and it still has a long way to go, IMHO. Charlie made chicken meatloaf and steamed carrots and squash for dinner and it was really terrific. Meatloaf is his specialty, and he really does make a good one. Plus using ground chicken is a pretty healthy alternative to a fattier beef version, so we feel it's better for us and still full of good protein. Nothing much else to report. Tomorrow we'll hit the gym for the third day in a row, then of course Friday is a day of rest for us. It' also Charlie's birthday. And it's a big one too. The BIG 6 - 0 though he barely looks 50. He's extremely healthy and with all the gym work over the last couple years, in great shape too. People almost fall over when they hear he's almost 60.

bee*, love the pics of Amber on the mountain. Just lovely scenery for sure! I'll let you know if we ever plan that trip to Ireland for sure. Those people who had their dog put down in favor of a healthier puppy should be put down themselves
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
We would spend our last nickel we had for the health and wellbeing of our pets for sure.

Lorelei, I remember Upstairs Downstairs. It was on PBS over here (Public Broadcasting) and was incredibly successful over here. Yay for 50 minutes of cardio last night!

Mara, if something doesn't come along soon, I will look at contract recruiting opportunities. I know I could make OK money at it, but I so want to find a long term opportunity. I still haven't given up hope that someone out there will find my skills attractive and offer me a good job. Thanks for the advice as I realize I may have to consult to make ends meet for a while.

Thanks Appletini. I wouldn't describe myself as anything close to a body builder. I know I need to post pics of my progress though. I am certainly in pretty darn good shape for a guy who is 53. And I can do as many unassisted pull ups, dips, pushups, etc as many of the younger guys in the gym too! But, I started my Rebuild Rod campaing just a little over 2.5 years ago and I was really overweight and had no muscle definition whatsoever. I had NEVER worked out in a gym, not ever in my life. So a body builder, no. Pretty darn good for my age, yes!

Phoenix, if that girl really did get a 2 or 3 carat diamond ring for $1500 and the diamond's real, I shudder to think how cloudy and occluded it must be?!
38.gif

Hey Steph, I'm sorry you don't have a bun in the oven. I hope you and Adam are OK. Liike you said, when the time is right, you'll have another little one. I'm thinking of you..........

Thanks Kimberly!

Yay for a geat day and the stress all sorted out Skippy! And YAY for sore arms too! It means you accomplished some good things at muscle hour!! I hope you had a wonderful walk. Sounds like your weather was much like our weather!!

I hope you're feeling better soon Sparkalicious. Don't worry, when you are able to pick things back up, you'll find that a few days off didn't really derail your progress.

Glad you enjoyed walking the babies 2.5 miles divergrrl!

And Finally, Monnie: Sending heaps and heaps and truckloads of PS Fairydust for a most successful interview tomorrow. Just be relaxed (I know easier said than done) and be yourself and they'll just love you. Didn't you say hubby had an interview this week? Was there any news from that? Anyway, you'll be in my thoughts tomorrow for sure!

That about wraps it up for me for the day. I hope you're all looking forward to a nice day tomorrow! Sleep well everyone.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, please tell Charlie I say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
emotion-19.gif
Yay for Charlie!
emcake.gif
Glad you had a great workout and great dinner w/friends!!! Your day sounded wonderful watching the boats on the terrace.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2008 11:01:18 PM
Author: Skippy123
Rod, please tell Charlie I say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
emotion-19.gif
Yay for Charlie!
emcake.gif
Glad you had a great workout and great dinner w/friends!!! Your day sounded wonderful watching the boats on the terrace.
I did and he said thanks so much!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you had a great day. My week at work has been awful so I am really looking forward to the weekend. I went and bought brownie bites tonight for my boss’s birthday tomorrow. He’s a total health nut so he won’t eat any but we are giving him a hard boiled egg with a candle in it then everyone else can have brownie bites. I will eat one for 95 calories and they are worth every last one of them.
Rod, glad you had a great workout after taking 5 days off. I am glad you had a nice lunch with your friend today. Wish Charlie Happy Birthday for me.
emcake.gif
Watching the boats sounds divine to me.
Bee, how cool to live at the foot of the mountains. I can see them in the distance from here. I hope you are able to get D back a few times. I am always trying to get a good one in on Marty. Amber is a beauty and the view is incredible. What a great place to walk. That is way sad someone would put down a healthy dog.
Lorelei, I am sure Jasmine is gorgeous and in great shape. Woo hoo for 50 minutes of cardio last night. I hope your biscuits, chicken and gravy turned out great. They sound wonderful.
Kimi, I am very exited we are on the downhill side of the week.
Mara, that is wonderful you are walking everyday with a co-worker. That makes it nice to go walking with someone too.
Steph, good plan to kick up your cardio to work on those last few pounds. Sorry to hear you were sad at how the test turned out but I’m sure you’ll pass that test on another day. I did laugh at “too many buns from the oven” though.
Appletini, yay for a great step class during lunch.
PhoenixGirl, I’m sorry to hear about your aunt but that’s nice you got some shoes and purses to remember her. That’s great the stewardess won out against the whiny guy.
Skippy, glad to hear you are working out your stress and how wonderful to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather with a Skippy.
Sparkalicious, sorry to hear you are sick. I hope you get better soon.
Divergrrl, sorry you didn’t like sparkpeople. I don’t use their calorie tracker but do find a lot of useful articles and information. I also joined a few teams that I enjoy keeping in touch with. Calorie King is great; I use them quite a bit. I will have to look for their hand held. That sounds cool. Yay for pushing the babies for 2.5 miles.
Monnie, I am sure your new hairdo is great. Good luck tomorrow. PS Dust coming your way.
Well, take care and have a wonderful evening.
35.gif

Marcy

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, before I forget, yes, DH had an interview Monday and it went really, really well. So well that DH is knocking wood saying he''s pretty sure he''ll get an offer soon, which is great. His interview lasted almost two hours, and he said he really liked the man who interviewed him (who would be his boss), and that he knew the feeling was mutual. There would be a lot of great perks involved, and it would be an upgrade from his last position in many ways. So we''re keeping our fingers crossed...

Happy B-day to Charlie...you''re right Rod, he doesn''t look a day over 50 based on pics you''ve posted here!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning everyone! Happy Thursday. I have to go to the farm for college now and then later on this evening it''s bootcamp. My ankles doing a good bit better so I''d say I can join in on the running today.

Monarch-best of luck in the interview! I''m sure you''ll fly through it. Let us know how you get on! Glad to hear that your DH''s interview went brilliant! I''m sure that offer will come in quick!

Rod-send Charlie a belated happy birthday from me!! Sounds like you had a fab day yesterday-your lunch sounds delicious! I still can''t believe those people who put down their dog-I would give everything to make sure that Amber''s a happy waggie doggie for as long as I can!

Marcy-sorry to hear that work hasn''t been good this week. Only two more days to go! Thankfully!! I do love that walk up the mountains,can''t wait to get up there again!

Better go farming! Talk to you all later!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie, that''s wonderful your husband has such a great feeling about his interview on Monday. My best wishes and good luck PS dust coming to both of you.

Bee, have fun at the farm today. Good luck with you ankle at bootcamp tonight.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spark, I know what you mean that it is hard to get going again, but when you feel better, just do it and go to the gym! Once you are in there, you will feel at home again! Also keep in mind that sometimes life intervenes, and that this is a long term journey. In the scheme of things, missing a week or 2 won''t make any difference.

GO MONNIE!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Bee, I have no words for that woman...
29.gif
29.gif
Why would she not consider the Dogs Trust or RSPCA, Jack Russell Rescue etc if she didn''t want that poor dog?
15.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t even comment on the dog thing you guys are talking about...people are horrible sometimes.

Steph, sorry there is no bun in the oven...I would be sad too if we wanted to try AND I was gaining weight, I''d be like double darn!! But yeah now you can focus on losing the weight and going in totally 1000% healthy.

Rod, yeah I would def consider all options, I know perm is the best of course but I have been contracting for a year here at this company I am at and it''s a great way to ''try'' something or someone first...yanno. And depending on the business, sometimes you can consult for years without a break, it''s more $$ too typically! Happy Bday to Charlie!

Monnie, yay for interviews, will keep my fingers crossed for you guys!!!

Just a quick drive-by...seems like everyone is doing pretty well for the most part. We didn''t have rain yesterday so my friend and I walked over to Whole Foods for lunch and then back, about 1 mile each way. And then after work I met up with a friend who was taking the cake class with me and we walked 2 miles then grabbed some quick dinner before having to hit the class. Only had a few bites of dinner so finished it later that night, and then had 2 leftover mini cuppies. Oh and some evil soul at work brought a big See''s walnut fudge egg which of course I had to have some of...yikes hehe.

Today I have pilates and zumba...should be busy yet fun. Hope everyone is enjoying their day!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Howdy ya'll!!
35.gif
35.gif
Hope everyone is doing well!!

It's been ages since I've posted. Had some female surgery 5 weeks ago and I am just getting back into the swing of things--was told to take it easy for 6 weeks and actually I have needed it. Not 100% yet, slowly but surely. Unfortunately I've lost several pounds and my last recorded weight I was 110.4lbs--just feeling not hungry and having to really concentrate on getting quality food into my found and swallowing it. But that tends to be my reaction to stress and feeling unwell. But in the last few days my appetitie has been improving and I've been eating more. Small and frequently.

ETA: I think I'll seriously visit Mara's cupcake thread.......
9.gif

Oh and guess what? As if that isn't enough--I developed an inguinal hernia (beg. of Jan) from lifting weights! Nice! All this healthy lifestyle and I get a hernia!!! Luckily it isn't bothering me so I won't fix it until it does. When it rains it pours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep well folks!
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just back from the farm-was so much fun today. I castrated my first calf
11.gif
9.gif
(sorry for upsetting any men in the group
3.gif
). Going to study for a while and then off to bootcamp. I''m still finding it hard to eat right at the moment-I just seem to have a really sweet tooth at the moment.

Thanks Marcy!

Lorelei-tell me about it! I still can''t believe that she just put her down-anyone would have taken that dog as she''s perfect size for most homes and so friendly. She''s coming in on friday to us with her new pup-don''t know how I''m going to bite my tongue and not say anything to her.

Mara-cake class sounds fun! Enjoy the exercise tonight!

Canuk-glad to hear that the surgery went ok. Hopefully your appetite will keep improving. Sorry to hear about the hernia!

Talk to you all later!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Hi all!

Was a bit out of the loop yesterday, as I got a Mirena and ended up taking it very easy during the evening. No more pain today, though, so I think that's a good sign!

Sorry to hear that you're not preggers, Steph.

Bee, I can't even imagine doing that to a poor little puppy. Some people.
29.gif

Monnie, let us know how the interview goes!!! Fairy dust is coming your way!

Rod, tell Charlie happy birthday! Sounds like you guys had a great lunch.

Hi to everyone else! Have a great Thursday.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Wanted to pop in to say hello.

Monnie sending tons of fairy dust your way for your job interview. I also hope your DH gets the job as well.

Steph: I am sorry you aren''t pregnant, but when the time is right you will be.

Rod: Charlies birthday is tomorrow and he turns 60, well I am one year behind him HA!! Please wish him a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY from his friend Linda in California. Guess what?? Tomorrow is my 27th wedding anniversary to my beloved DH!! Too bad we all can''t celebrate together.
36.gif

Hi Marcy, Enjoy your brownie bites, LOL they are good aren''t they??
Skippy: Glad you enjoyed your walk.
Bee: I so love that picture!!! Makes me want to hop on a plane and visit you!!!
Mara: Your cupcake thread makes me DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!

I''m sorry if I don''t respond to everyone else, my grandboys are here and already arguing. Geesh!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Linda

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bee, I truly have no words for that horrible bloody woman. I want to say this though, I am so glad that caring people like yourself are entering the veterinary profession, it really makes a difference to the furbabies AND their owners.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Rod, please wish Charlie a happy birthday from me too! I hope he has a nice piece of cinnamon pie with pumkin in!
3.gif

I will be off to do some cardio and a few weights shortly.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Bee,

I just read about those people, putting their dog down. How cruel can people be???????

We just spent a lot of money on our Mazie having her eye removed and you know what???? Some people had the GALL to say we should have just put her to sleep, instead of spending that much money. Our dog is like our child.

As Rod said, we would spend every last nickel on our pets. I can''t understand how some people can throw away their beloved pets. It really makes me sick.
29.gif
14.gif

Linda

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I had my PT session today! My trainer really pushed me beyond what I thought was limit so its good to know I can go a little further if I *want* to. I haven''t been walking in the evening this week, but today looks sunny, so I plan to do that before my book club tonight.

Linda,
Congrats on 27 years!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU APPLETINI!!!!!

Rick is the Love of My Life!!!
30.gif

Linda

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Finally, a quiet afternoon. It started raining so the workers left at noon. JT is actually getting a nap today! Yay for all of us!! I''m thinking about heading to Walmart this afternoon for a few things, but I don''t know how JT will handle the potty situation while at the store.

bee~ yay for bootcamp and one pound lost, sorry about your ankle (sorry I didn''t see that the first time I saw your post) Ireland is a dream vacation for DH and I. We''re were just talking about it last night. It''s so beautiful! And, let''s be honest, we want to go to a the pubs! Fantastic new photo. I think I''m going to keep them... Oh, just saw that you were castrating. The first time I helped with castration (hogs) I was in fifth grade. I was actually stunned at how quickly they did it. My job was to catch the squealers and prop them open for the quick iodine and slice. It was so gross when the dogs started coming in to get the bits.

Kimi~ Great job on the elliptical!

Skippy~ Yay for DWTS! The tomato basil sounds really good, too.

Marcy~ You''re awesome at making those calories count! My program is on FitTV.

Rod~ It really makes me chuckle when I see that 70 degrees is Cool. yay for a good workout after a long hiatus! I''ve always been an AI junkie, but this year, I''m just not getting into it. Usually I watch every single episode and have my top three figured from the first episode of the final 12. This year, I definitely see some great potential in a few contestants, but I don''t think any of them have IT.I did like that they did the birth-year song. It was definitely different and interesting. BTW- are there SBucks everywhere except here??

Mara~ I would love to take a cake decorating class. It sounds like so much fun!

Phx~ sorry about your aunt, but glad you had a good trip. boy, I''d like to see a picture of that frozen spit ring....hey....wonder if it''s in the Ugly Ring folder...

Steph~ Sorry for the BFN, my sis just took a test yesterday too. She was pretty late and showing some possible signs. She just went off the pill so they weren''t really trying yet, but she''s pretty disappointed just the same.

Diver~ Great walk with the babies.

Monnie~ Well, you should be at your interview right now. Hope it''s going well!! I love a new haircut, glad you love yours! DH will get used to it!

Canuk~ Hope you recover quickly.

LP~ My best friend has had Mirena for over a year. She said her first month was a bit rough, but has loved it ever since. And, the only side effect she''s had has been shorter periods.

Linda~ Congratulations on 27 years of marriage!

Hi, Lorelei, Appletini, Spark!

Have a great day!

Sorry for the super-long post! (okay, not really...)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Howdy, the weather is in the 70's my wisteria is blooming and my other perennials are going crazy w/blooms so it really feels like spring, yay!
emrose.gif
emhot.gif

I went for a walk yesterday and probably will go for a walk again today. Tonight my friend is coming over for dinner; I need to hurry up and hang her painting before she comes over. Last time she was here I hadn't had a chance to hang it up; gotta do that, eek! I guess I just want the perfect spot for it
2.gif
I am going to make my famous homemade pizza w/veggie toppings; of course hubby is happy about homemade pizza too! I weighed in today at WW and didn't lose a lb or gain either so that is good for me as I ate cupcakes this weekend and some french fries; I plan to do better this week though!

Hey, I am loving this thread; it is fun to read other people who grew up w/farm animals or currently have them;
emdog.gif
i thought Monnie and I were the only ones. hehehe

Monnie, I thought of you today at 1:30pm your time 11:30 my time; sending lots of PS dust, keep us posted!!! Good for walking the pups today! Sending PS dust to Mr. Monnie too!!!

Rod, hoping you and Charlie had a wonderful birthday day for Mr. Charlie! Your meal sounds yummy; I love meatloaf and that ones sounds pretty healthy!!!

Lorelei and Mara, happy baking!!! Good thing I am not baking as I would gain lots; you girls are so good at portion control. hehe

Marcy, so sorry you had a bad workweek, darn, I hope it gets much better next week sweetie! I bet your coworkers will love the brownie bites!

Bee, why are you doing this, just curious? Sorry, I guess I missed the earlier post; i remember you milking cows. I hated watching when they would do that to the cows. Yay for your lb!!! Enjoy getting your booty kicked in bootcamp
2.gif

Sharon, great to see you; sorry about the hernia. . . I heard they can be quite painful. You are tiny missy; glad you are eating better and sending healing vibes to you!

Ladypirate, I had to look up what you were talking about
34.gif
glad you are feeling better today. have a great Thurs!!!

Linda, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
36.gif
It always warms my heart when I read about lasting and loving relationships!!!
emlove.gif
Congrats!

Apple, great job w/the PT!

SS, yes, yay for DWTS; i am so happy you are a fellow dwts buddy. hehe I also am dying to go to Ireland; I have some friends that went and said it was so green. I would love to go one summer for sure!!!

Kimi, how are you?

DeeJay, thinking of you woman!!!

eta: wow, I didn't realize how many emoticons I had going on
23.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys. It is a beautiful day today. I am feeling lots better today and more determined than ever to lose this weight to start off a pregnancy the right way. Andrew and I got out of the house and met Adam for lunch. The boys both had yummy looking burgers and fries, but I was good and had an asian grilled chicken salad
12.gif
. Adam is working late tonight, so I think we may just have something simple and low cal like egg white omelets. The cabinet guy is coming in an hour to give me a quote on new maple cabinets so I can decide the direction we want to go. I think I am going to do 2 sessions of yoga and weights tonight. Hope everyone is having a great day!

Skippy, I just looked at your kitchen pics again, I really love it....your granite color is so pretty. I hope you''re enjoying your lovely weather!

Sparkalicious, sorry you''re sick and hope you get to feeling better soon.

Diver, yea for walking with the babies....I think it''s hard pushing 1, not to mention 2! Must have worked off loads of calories!

Monarch, hope your interview went well, can''t wait to hear about it!

Rod, hope Charlie has a wonderful bday tomorrow! That was nice of the trainer to help you out. I might have to get that recipe for meatloaf, it sounds yummy!

Marcy, sorry for the bad week....not too much longer until the weekend.

Bee, sounds like an interesting day with the calf:)

Mara, I am seriously tempted to go buy some cupcake baking items. Sounds like from your other thread the cake decorating class went really well. I really would love to take a class someday.

Hi, Canuk! Hope you are back to yourself soon

Ladypirate, glad you are feeling better!

Linda, have fun with your grandsons!

Lorelei, have a great workout!

Appletini, Great job on the tough workout!

SS, glad the workers are gone for the afternoon. How old is your son? I know what you mean about the potty training thing. I was so paranoid that Andrew would have an accident while we were out when he was first learning. I would bring extra clothes everywhere we went and sometimes would just put him on a pull-up if we were going to be out for a long time. Good luck!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon I missed your post earlier, I had missed you! I hope you are back to normal soon and feel better!

Just did 50 mins cardio.

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock

Hi WWTers! It''s been pretty busy lately, so not much time for posting. This week, I''ve been doing the elliptical along with weight training, with the exception of Tuesday night. That night, I tried a new class, kind of like a cardio boot camp. Man, was it tough! It was like having my own PT for an hour, only with about 15 other people there

emwink.gif
I have to admit I was feeling a bit down earlier this week after getting on the scale against my better judgement. I put on about 6 lbs in the last few months and feel like I''ve been working so hard, even incorporating more weight training into the mix than ever before. The one good thing that happened this week was having a woman here at work that I don''t really know ask me if I''ve been losing weight and telling me she has definitely noticed (and she doesn''t know me or know that I''ve been dieting/working out). That made me feel good and think that perhaps the weight gain was muscle gain, but that still seems like an awful lot of weight in a short time.
38.gif
I''m buckling down and working even harder to get back to where I was and then some.

Lorelei - Great opening as always! And awesome job with the elliptical!
steph - Sorry about you not being pregnant right now, but I''m sure that it will happen for you guys when it''s meant to happen
emsmile.gif

marcy - I hope your sister is feeling better soon.
Kim - Great job on the 50 minutes of elliptical!
Rod - Between the lobster and the Thai, I''m getting hungry over here!
emsmilep.gif
Sounds like the time off from the gym didn''t hurt your workout at all - sometimes we just need to take those little breaks to give our bodies and minds time to recoup. Still sending tons of job fairy dust your way. Happy Birthday to Charlie!
emotion-19.gif
emcake.gif

ladypirate - Yeah for kicking the flu! Glad you had a nice Easter. I''m sure you''ll get those last 6 lbs in no time - keep up the great work!
bee - Yeah for losing another pound! Hope your ankle is feeling better. And those photos are absolutely GORGEOUS! I''m so jealous! Ireland is tops on my list of places to travel to someday!
monarch - Good luck with the interview!
divergirl - I would definitely recommend adding weights into your regimine of eating right and cardio. I feel like I''m making more progress now that I''ve bumped up the weights instead of doing mostly cardio.
Skippy - yeah for 70s weather!
emhot.gif
It''s chilly and rainy here today, so I long for that nice walking weather. Good luck with the goal shirt - I''m sure you''ll be rocking it in no time flat!
somethingshiny - Yeah for yoga! I need to try getting back into it, as I''d tried it a few times last year. It''s pretty tough but I liked it.
Mara - zumba sounds like a lot of fun! Yeah for fitting into last year''s capris - it is a great feeling when we don''t pork out over the winter!
Sparkalicious - Hope you''re feeling better soon. I get URIs every now and then and they are no fun.
Linda - I know what you mean about pets being your children. My two cats are my babies and I know I''d be just like you and probably do whatever it took to make them better again. Happy 27th Anniversary!!
emcake.gif

Hi apple, CJ, and shortblonde! Have a great day, everyone!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hello wwt! just a quick drive-by to say hello...it is grey and rainy here and i have been so hungry the past couple days, not sure why, i have been eating plenty! tonight i have my west african dance class, which i look forward to every week.
9.gif

have a good one!

eta:

rod, i almost forgot, i know 2 people in their 50s who were high up in companies and laid off and it took them both about a year to find new executive-level jobs. i don''t say that to discourage you, but rather to give you some perspective on the process and let you know that you''re not alone. both did do some independent consulting work in the interim as well.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
woohoo-just back from bootcamp and I''m falling in love with it! It was so much fun tonight-I could run for the whole time, do all the exercises and it feels great to make such an improvment from the first session!

ladypirate-glad to hear that there''s no pain today! Hopefully you''ll continue to get better!

Linda-if you ever do hop on that plane, give me a call!! Enjoy your grandboys!! That''s awful that people said you should have put Maizie down. The way I see it, as long as Amber and my other furbabies are happy, that''s the main thing no matter how much I have to pay or do for her. If you get a pet, it''s your responsibility to mind them their whole lives. 27 years-wow! Congratulations!!

Lorelei-thank you! I do love my furbabies and even notice in my year that there are not many people that really love them, a lot of them seem to be doing it for money or if they didn''t get into medicine. It really annoys me. Just can''t wait to qualify!!I don''t know what I''m going to say to that woman tomorrow though-I know what I want to say but I don''t think it''s PC! Hope you enjoyed your cardio and weights!

appletini-well done on the exercise!!

somethingshiny-you''ll love the pubs!! There are so many great ones to go too! lol about the dogs!! Luckily there were no dogs around to gather up what we took off!! You''ll have to get planning that trip!

Skippy-well done on staying the same on WW-you''ve had huge losses the last couple of weeks!! Your homemade pizza sounds yum! I''m doing veterinary in college so that''s why I''m doing the milking and castrations, not just for fun
3.gif

Steph-well done on staying away from the burgers and chips! Not sure if I''d have the willpower!

Patiently-your cardio bootcamp session sounds tough. That''s what my thing is like-you kind of have your own PT but you''re just sharing him with a bigger group! We should have a big PS meetup in Ireland-would be so handy for me
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results