shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 25th March till 31st March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

I hope you all had a good Easter and enjoyed some chocolate! Spring IS just around the corner, although that is hard for me to believe with the snowfalls we had yesterday, along with some of you in the States!
32.gif
But it shouldn't be too long now before we can dig out our T shirts! With this in mind, it is an excellent time for us to reevaluate our progress and goals. There is still time to make some really positive changes and get good results, if we take a hard honest look at what we are eating and how we are exercising. Maybe now might be the best time to shake up the exercise programmes a bit, don't forget we need to keep our bodies guessing a bit, to keep getting results!

I have found that a little shock to the workout system is an excellent thing now and then. Lifting the weights has really helped as I was all about cardio, and not doing much else, but even with that, there is still scope to vary the routine on a treadmill doing intervals and inclines etc.

Also when working out, it is so easy to get stuck into a routine, so really think about if you are working as hard as you can. I know it is easy to jump on a treadmill and just go without thinking, so try to think of ways to keep your workout challenging. I take a long time to warm up, it takes me at least 20 mins before I am physically and mentally ready to work, so this is helpful to me in keeping me on the treadmill/ weights etc, that I know I won't really be into it until at least 20 mins have passed!

So thinking your way through a workout can be a good thing in understanding how the mind and body can work best together, so you can keep your commitment to healthier living strong, and keep you working at it. I know my mind is excellent at making up excuses, so I have learned to be strict with myself and get myself out there, it took practise, but it can be done!

Have a great week
35.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I totally agree with you, Lorelei on changing things up on the exercise front. I have hit a massive plateau, but have increased my cardio to 5 x a week and am now finally starting to see a difference again. I track all of my weightloss online, so I was looking back over the past year and at one point, I was losing 1-2 pounds per week, but now that i am so close to my goal, I realize it takes more work to lose. Everyone have a great day! I am off to look at kitchen cabinets! Woohoo!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday!

Lorelei, thanks for the great opener. Spring is a great time to take stock of where we are and what we want to accomplish. I just started trying to eat a little bit differently to see if that wakes up my body and starts the weight loss again and will continue to try and work in more exercise. I so want to get rid of these few pounds to make my next goal. I know will do that in time but the sooner the better for me.

Steph, have fun shopping for kitchen cabinets.

Have a great day.
Laters,
Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
The spring clothes have come out of the closet here, at least for a few days, we''re supposed to cool back down to below normal again starting tomorrow and then head back up this weekend. I still have those dreaded spots on my body that I hate (I think my arms are a helpless cause, because it''s skin not fat that makes them unshapely!). So I just have to remember to be the best I can be and keep on truckin''.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2008 9:36:44 AM
Author: KimberlyH
The spring clothes have come out of the closet here, at least for a few days, we''re supposed to cool back down to below normal again starting tomorrow and then head back up this weekend. I still have those dreaded spots on my body that I hate (I think my arms are a helpless cause, because it''s skin not fat that makes them unshapely!). So I just have to remember to be the best I can be and keep on truckin''.

Absolutely. I will never have a nice straight back, but I am working on not letting it bother me too much, and make the most of what I can achieve.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2008 9:50:20 AM
Author: Lorelei

Absolutely. I will never have a nice straight back, but I am working on not letting it bother me too much, and make the most of what I can achieve.
It would be so easy to allow myself to be frustrated. My arms do bother me, quite a bit actually, but what''s a girl to do?

Did you have carrot cake over the weekend, Lorelei? I was thinking of you when I headed off to my parents, hoping that my mom made some, but as I mentioned my trip was thwarted, no cake for me!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2008 9:57:20 AM

Date: 3/24/2008 9:50:20 AM

The spring clothes have come out of the closet here, at least for a few days, we're supposed to cool back down to below normal again starting tomorrow and then head back up this weekend. I still have those dreaded spots on my body that I hate (I think my arms are a helpless cause, because it's skin not fat that makes them unshapely!). So I just have to remember to be the best I can be and keep on truckin'.

It would be so easy to allow myself to be frustrated. My arms do bother me, quite a bit actually, but what's a girl to do?

Did you have carrot cake over the weekend, Lorelei? I was thinking of you when I headed off to my parents, hoping that my mom made some, but as I mentioned my trip was thwarted, no cake for me!
Thats the thing, at times I curse my back, but then realize I am WAY harsher on myself than other people are, Hubby thinks I look better now than when I was in my twenties, I FEEL good, so that is what truly matters and I KNOW you look great Kimmy!

Oh bloody carrot cake...I certainly did. Due to Miss Mara's cup cake thread, I found a recipe for carrot cake cuppies and I couldn't stop eating the darn things! They were THAT good, so I hid what was left in Hubby's lunch as I couldn't leave them alone!

I bet he was most delighted when he opened his lunch bag!
3.gif
Sorry you didn't get any!
39.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning Everyone! Great opener as usual Lorelei!! I try to mix things up a lot at the gym as I would get to a certain point and then nothing would happen for a long time. So, mixing it up works and helps me continue to make strides in this middle ages body!!

I did have my lobster last night and it was a fantastic meal. But it was all by myself and I wished Charlie was there to enjoy it with me. Then, I just wound up lounging around on the couch with our kitty glued to my shoulder and I watched movies. I had never seen Midnight Cowboy with Dustin Hoffman and Jon Voight. Man was it ever depressing, but a really good movie. Otherwise, today it''s back to the job hunt grind. And Charlie comes home around 6 PM tonight, so I''ll pick him up at the airport and we''ll head off for our Monday night Sushi.

Have fun shopping for cabinets Steph!

I''m sorry your plans to be with your family were stopped due to everyone not feeling well Kimberly. I hope John get''s better soon.

See you all later.........

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2008 11:12:51 AM
Author: Rod
Morning Everyone! Great opener as usual Lorelei!! I try to mix things up a lot at the gym as I would get to a certain point and then nothing would happen for a long time. So, mixing it up works and helps me continue to make strides in this middle ages body!!

I did have my lobster last night and it was a fantastic meal. But it was all by myself and I wished Charlie was there to enjoy it with me. Then, I just wound up lounging around on the couch with our kitty glued to my shoulder and I watched movies. I had never seen Midnight Cowboy with Dustin Hoffman and Jon Voight. Man was it ever depressing, but a really good movie. Otherwise, today it''s back to the job hunt grind. And Charlie comes home around 6 PM tonight, so I''ll pick him up at the airport and we''ll head off for our Monday night Sushi.

I''m sorry your plans to be with your family were stopped due to everyone not feeling well Kimberly. I hope John get''s better soon.

Glad the lobster was yummy Rod! How is Sakai doing?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2008 11:17:05 AM

Date: 3/24/2008 11:12:51 AM

I did have my lobster last night and it was a fantastic meal. But it was all by myself and I wished Charlie was there to enjoy it with me. Then, I just wound up lounging around on the couch with our kitty glued to my shoulder and I watched movies. I had never seen Midnight Cowboy with Dustin Hoffman and Jon Voight. Man was it ever depressing, but a really good movie. Otherwise, today it's back to the job hunt grind. And Charlie comes home around 6 PM tonight, so I'll pick him up at the airport and we'll head off for our Monday night Sushi.

I'm sorry your plans to be with your family were stopped due to everyone not feeling well Kimberly. I hope John get's better soon.

Sakai is doing so wonderfully Lorelei. Thanks so much for asking!! She is our miracle kitty as you recall from her near death experience over a year ago, so we are SO grateful she is healthy and doing so well. She is truly the most loving cat we've ever been owned by!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Morning, WWTers!

Well, I think I''ve finally kicked this darn flu! Thank goodness, because the weather is beautiful here and I''m glad I get to enjoy it a bit. We had a really lovely Easter--went to church in the morning then came home and watched the Formula 1 race with some friends. We had dinner with my parents in the evening, which was really nice. My dad grilled steak, chicken, and veggies, and it was sooooo good. I ate way too much, but I''m going to try to make up for it today.

On the weight loss side, the only thing this illness has been good for is that I lost another couple of pounds! I''m down at 141 now from my start weight of 147, so I have another 6 pounds to go to be at my target weight of 135. My clothes are definitely fitting a little better, which is nice.

Lorelei, shaking up the exercise routine is excellent advice. It''s really easy to get into a habit of doing one thing and get really good at just that. Thanks for the reminder to change it up a bit! Your carrot cake cuppies sound so tasty--that''s my favorite kind of cake. Also, I just have to say--I love how much personality comes out in your posts. I think it''s partly the way you use smileys, but they''re so much fun to read!

Steph, have fun looking at kitchen cabinets! I can''t wait until we actually own a place of our own and can choose our own decor (especially in the kitchen). The house we rent has these ugly faux wood laminate countertops from the 80s that are just awful (especially since they''re the same color as the hardwood floors, the wood cabinets, and the exposed beam ceiling--so matchy-matchy
14.gif
) and they''ve started to peel in spots. I just keep them as clean as possible so that they don''t look so bad, but I long for granite. OK, sorry, that was a tangent.
3.gif
In any case, have a great time!

Hi Marcy!

Kimberly, yay for spring clothes! I think everyone has those spots they don''t like on themselves--I think the only thing you can do is try to focus instead on the parts of your body that you do like.

Rod, we watched a Dustin Hoffman movie this weekend, too! All The Presidents Men, with him and Robert Redford. He''s a great actor. Good luck on the continuing job hunt.

In other exciting news, we have a set time for our move up to Portland! Unless one of us lands a job before then, we''ll be moving at the end of June to be up there for July 1st. We''re heading up in a few weeks to look at some neighborhoods and network a bit, so that should be fun. I''m definitely looking forward to being able to look for a permanent position, rather than all this temping and freelancing. Kris just applied to a really perfect job at a TV station up there, so please send loads of fairy dust his way.

OK, I''m off to face the day (and the laundry!) Have a great week, everyone!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2008 11:49:50 AM

Date: 3/24/2008 11:17:05 AM

Date: 3/24/2008 11:12:51
Sakai is doing so wonderfully Lorelei. Thanks so much for asking!! She is our miracle kitty as you recall from her near death experience over a year ago, so we are SO grateful she is healthy and doing so well. She is the truly the most loving cat we've ever been owned by!
I am so glad she is doing so well!
emcat.gif
I remember when she was so sick and she truly is a miracle kitty! Bless her!!!!
face23.gif

LOL LP at you getting a giggle from my posts! I am insane ( or so Hubby keeps telling me!)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Afternoon everyone! I got up really early this morning to do an aerobics class and then D and I took Amber for a walk up the mountains-it was chilly but the views were fab.

Lorelei-I definitely agree with you on varying the routine. It really does make a difference.

Marcy-thanks for the compliments on the castle-I''m in love with it! I''ll have to try your biscuit recipe-it sounds delicious. Your husband sounds just like D-D adores scaring me!!

ladypirate-glad you''re feeling better! That''s great that you''re 6 lbs down!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I went to my TBT class today, we had a small group, but it was still a good workout. My PT sessions are definitely helping out. One silly thing I noticed today is that my jump rope skills are improving--I have always been terrible at jump roping, so I was quite excited about this. And I think I''m going to have a pretty solid week of exercise. I had a luncheon that cancelled tomorrow so I think my PT partner and I will work out together.

Date: 3/24/2008 10:01:53 AM
Hubby thinks I look better now than when I was in my twenties, I FEEL good, so that is what truly matters and I KNOW you look great Kimmy!
Lorelei, I don''t know how old you are, but this sounds amazing. Since I''m in my late 20s, my new thing has been noticing how great some older women look, and I think to myself wow, I hope I age as well as they do. I think good nutrition and exercise will help with that.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2008 1:51:16 PM
Author: appletini
I went to my TBT class today, we had a small group, but it was still a good workout. My PT sessions are definitely helping out. One silly thing I noticed today is that my jump rope skills are improving--I have always been terrible at jump roping, so I was quite excited about this. And I think I''m going to have a pretty solid week of exercise. I had a luncheon that cancelled tomorrow so I think my PT partner and I will work out together.

Date: 3/24/2008 10:01:53 AM
Hubby thinks I look better now than when I was in my twenties, I FEEL good, so that is what truly matters and I KNOW you look great Kimmy!
Lorelei, I don''t know how old you are, but this sounds amazing. Since I''m in my late 20s, my new thing has been noticing how great some older women look, and I think to myself wow, I hope I age as well as they do. I think good nutrition and exercise will help with that.
Thanks Apple! I don''t want to sound immodest, but if it gives you younger ladies something to look forward to, then what the heck! I will be 45 this year, and my Hubby is so proud that his younger workmates in their twenties keep saying what a hot wife he has, he laps it up! I must admit I have been lucky, good genes I guess, and I have matured well and don''t look my age, but I work at it. In fact, I wouldn''t swap how I look now, to be 10 years younger. I think if you look after yourself, protect your skin from the sun, it really helps. There is much you can do these days to look great at any age. I think the key is not to try to look younger than you are, but to look the best you can. If you do that, then looking youthful will follow. Once I hit 40 I seemed to grow in many ways and consider that now I am in my prime!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey WWTR''s! Another hopeful Monday...a new week full of opportunities to make good decisions and stay positive, that is my mantra nowadays!

I had an interview scheduled for this morning, but the lady emailed me late last night to ask if we could reschedule for this Thursday instead. I was disappointed, but it''s not a huge deal. Just gives me some more time to be nervous, ha ha. I was all set to go, even did a drive-by (wasting precious gasoline) of the interview location because it''s at a new shopping center I haven''t been to before, like the good little job-seeker I am. Oh well, now I will be extra prepared I guess!

This week I''ve decided to really rein myself in on additional calories. I started journaling what I was eating on a daily basis a couple weeks ago since my clothes are getting too tight...and I noticed I am using alcohol as a way to relax at night and I''m expending way too many calories on a few glasses of wine or a couple beers here and there, much more than I thought when I wasn''t writing things down. So I''ve decided to curb the alcohol consumption for a while, I''m aiming for 30 days, except for social occasions...and I don''t have too many of those coming up in the near future so I think I can abstain pretty easily. I took a preventative measure and stocked up on Sleepytime tea and am going to start drinking that close to bedtime instead of wine or whatever. Not having worked the past couple months, it got really easy to just have a cocktail and not worry about getting up super early in the morning not feeling completely chipper.

DH is at an interview right now...I''m crossing my fingers that it goes well and turns into something. He''s been on quite a few recently but nothing has panned out. We''re both getting edgy!

Lorelei, great opener--I started doing arm weights again and added lunges last week. Also, I took my weights upstairs to our spare bedroom where there is no t.v. I used to do everything while watching t.v. and I wasn''t really focusing all my attention on my workout and I think this change of scenery (so to speak) will shake me up a bit.

Steph, great job on your weight loss over the past year and being so close to your goal. With your increase in cardio you should be there in no time!

Hi Marcy!

Kimi, yay for getting out spring clothes! That always makes me feel like there''s a light at the end of the dark tunnel of winter, ha ha.

Rod, lobster and lounging actually sounds like a pretty fun Easter! DH went to visit a friend in MI this weekend so I was on my own as well. I had salad and soup at home for dinner and watched the movie Girl 6 which I had never seen. It was pretty funny and surprisingly entertaining...

LadyPirate, glad you''re feeling better. Congrats on the weight loss, you''re doing great!

Hi Bee! Good for you on getting up early for aerobics and walking Amber. I am terrible at getting up early to workout, my peak energy for the day is usually around 1-2 p.m., I resigned myself long ago to the fact that I am no early bird.

Appletini, jumping rope is awesome! I bought a jump rope a couple years ago and I used to do it in my backyard and sometimes on breaks with my office manager at work when she was trying to lose weight. It''s fun and exhausting, a great cardio workout. I may have to break it out again soon!

Well, I''m off to do my very exciting household chores and anxiously await DH''s return from his interview. have a great rest of your Monday, everyone!
35.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good afternoon, everyone!

Well, I''ve had a busy day so far. I had a painter come in and give me an estimate on painting our kitchen cabinets white, then went to a showroom to look at new cabinet options so I can decide what to do about them. We are pretty much renovating the entire kitchen. The cabinets are in really good shape since the house is only 7 years old, but they put some sort of finish on them that I don''t like, so I''m trying to decide what to do about them. Then I did a bunch of errands around town. When we got back home, I started doing some research and decided to apply to do some freelance work that''s in my field I graduated in. I am trying to at least have something to put on my resume since I''ve been a stay-at-home mom now for a year and a half. I do plan to return to work at least part-time when Andrew enters school, so I would like to keep my skills up. We''ll see if anything comes of it, but it sounds like the perfect opportunity for me.
I am planning to do an elliptical workout tonight when Adam gets home. My goal is 5X a week of cardio. We are having a yummy chicken dish with pepperjack cheese, bell peppers and mushrooms on top for dinner and I''m trying to stay away from Andrew''s Reese''s eggs!

Marcy, I''m sure you will get to your next goal in no time. I do mine in 5 lb. incriments so it''s not so overwhelming.

Kimmi and Lorelei, I agree that we are a lot harder on ourselves than others are....we all have things we dislike (mine is my tummy...darn c-section!) But we just keep trucking along with our healthy behaviors:)

Rod, Glad the lobster was yummy and glad Charlie will be back tonight:)

LP, I''m glad you are feeling better! Yea for being down some lbs!

Bee, way to go on the early morning workout!

Appletini, great job on getting better at jump rope. I used to jump rope at our old house because it had really tall ceilings and tile floors, but I can''t do it too well in our new house. It''s a great workout for sure though!

Monnie, My fingers are crossed for your DH''s interview! Sorry about your interview being rescheduled, but praying it will go well for you on Thurs.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone...

I recently hit a wall in my post baby weight loss & draggin a 6 month old & 3 year old to WW meetings ain''t cuttin'' it. LOL.

So I canceled my WW, and am going to try to do something different. Counting calories perhaps? Making an effort to lift weights?

I have 18lbs to lose & its driving me bananas.

I love your monday posts Lorelei....

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Had a bad day, it is only going to get better, right?
20.gif
Anyway, I need to go for a nice long walk. I am back on track eating wise and I have my health so those are the important things, sorry, just needed to vent at this moment. hehe On a good note I bought a smaller shirt than I normally wear, sort of as a goal shirt (it doesn't fit yet), but I hope it fits in the next few months
2.gif

Lorelei, great opening! Yay for weights!

Steph, what kind of flooring are you thinking of doing? Great for doing the ellip tonight!

Marcy, hope your sis is doing better.

Kimi, glad you are bringing out the spring clothes; it feels like spring here too, yay!

Rod, glad your sweet Charlie is coming back today and a few days away from each other is always good. hehe I bet Charlie will be so happy to see you!!!

LadyPirate, sorry you were sick but glad you lost a few lbs!!!

Apple yay for pt!

Monnie sending truck loads of ps dust to you and your hubby!!!

Diver, good to see you!!! Weights are an excellent idea; you are doing great and I am sure weights will help you get over the hurdle!
1.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Afternoon All,

Lorelei, I bet you are a hotty. And I''m totally envious of the carrot cake. It''s the only type of cake I really like.

Welcome, Diver. I''m a huge fan of counting calories, and I did weight watchers first. Counting calories just worked for me, in ways the WW did not. Everyone is different and it''s just a matter of finding ones own soft spot.

Monnie, I''ve cut back on my drinking lately and it has made a difference in my weight and the way I feel. I certainly haven''t abstained (I like my wine too much) but I just drink less now, and I savor each glass a bit more as a result. Sorry the interview was postponed.

Rod, I''m not sure if you saw I posted a question to you from John in last week''s thread. He wants to know why U of Southern Florida is called that when it''s not really in the south of Florida?

Skip, I''m so sorry you''re having a rough day.

I need to finish lesson planning and we''re going to go out to dinner. We haven''t in a week and I think J deserves a break from cooking.

Have a great evening all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Happy Monday.
My sister had her worst night yet last night. She couldn’t sleep and keeps throwing up. The doctor gave her new nausea medicine and said this could go on for weeks. He wanted to give her an IV but they couldn’t get a vein and she was doing so bad they let her go home. She can eat crackers and sip water. She sips on Gatorade and 7-Up too.
Kimi, I have decided I’m never wearing short sleeved shirts or anything above my knees again. I wore spring clothes yesterday but dug out sweats when we got home and as soon as I’m done posting I’m putting on sweats again and going to go walk on the treadmill. Enjoy your night out for dinner.
Lorelei, good plan to not let our imperfections bother us. We see them far easier than anyone else. Your carrot cupcakes sound wonderful. Too funny you sent the rest of them in your husband’s lunch. I am sure you are a hottie.
Rod, watching movies with your kitty sounds nice. Glad to hear Charlie is back today and you are off to have sushi.
Ladypirate, congratulations for loosing 6 pounds. You are closing in on your goal. I am sending Kris tons of good luck PS dust for his job in Portland.
Bee, I am sure the view from the mountains was awesome. The castle is very neat. My husband gets a big chuckle out of scaring me, sounds like D enjoys the same with you. I occasionally get him back but he’s not nearly as jumpy as I am.
Appletini, that is wonderful your jump roping skills are improving. They say that is a great workout too.
Monnie, good idea to do sleepy time tea to help relax at night. I hope your husband’s interview went well today. Good luck on your interview on Thursday.
Steph, I hope you find some cabinets you like. I would imagine having the ones you have stripped and repainted might cost almost the same as new ones but I’m only guessing. We had chicken (with rice) for supper too. I like setting small goals as well; they seem so much more obtainable.
Divergrrl, counting calories works great for me. Good luck finding a new plan.
Skippy, sorry to hear you had a bad day; I hope going for a walk helped you feel better. Having your health is a very important thing. I hope you are doing much better now.
1.gif

Take care and have a great evening.
35.gif

Marcy

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
So, I got back from the neighborhood gym a little while ago. Someone was on the only elliptical, so I started out on the treadmill doing intervals of walking/running for 25 minutes, then jumped on the elliptical when the lady finished and went for 20 mins. These people in my neighborhood are really friendly and like to talk a lot while working out.....but I really work hard and can barely speak in full sentences, so I hope people didn't think I was rude. I just don't think you are pushing yourself if you can still carry on a normal convo while on the elliptical like the lady there.

Hey, Skippy....sorry you had a bad day. To answer your question about our kitchen, we have tile right now, but really want to eventually do a hardwood floor. I am trying to decide if I want to do white cabinets or maple. I am having another estimate done to replace the cabinets on Thurs. b/c the painting quote was way more than I thought.

Marcy, sorry your sis is still not doing too well. Glad she got to come home at least so maybe she can be more comfotable.

Diver, Welcome! My son is 3 and I still have 10 pregancy pounds to lose! Guess I can't really blame him for the weight anymore, haha:)

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello, all.

Well, I think I'm addicted to yoga. My reminder setting on my program didn't come up and my heart skipped a beat! I went rushing to the remote to find it and re-mark it. But, in those few seconds, I started thinking...it's time, where's my show....WHERE IS MY YOGA?...OH NO! Has it been cancelled?....are they taking it off air??...whew...it's still here, that was a close one!

I'm trying a new food. They are these whole wheat wraps. They have 9g of fiber and 90 calories. Turns out they taste great and instead of making a turkey club with three slices of white bread, I can just layer my meat and lettuce and swiss on one wrap and still get full!

Lorelei, it's like you read my mind! I just found a new workout and I'm feeling it again.(like in my muscles) And, thanks for giving us something to look forward to (as we age beautifully and gracefully!)
Monnie, sorry your interview was postponed.
Rod, hope you're having a good evening out!
Steph, I am so envying you with your remodel.
LP, glad you're feeling better. And, glad you had a nice side effect after all the sickness! I've launched a bucket of dust for you!
Kimi, sorry about your "thwarted" trip. (that's a word that's not used near enough!)
Marcy, those biscuits do sound wonderful! More good wishes for your sister.
bee, have you ever posted pics of your mountainous views??
appletini, I believe I read in the last thread that you were down to a size 2...congrats!
Diver, welcome! That weight will come off in no time!
Skippy, sorry you had a bad day. But, you're right, it can only get better! And tomorrow's already looking up!

Hi, CJ, PW, Mara, Julianna, and all you WWTers!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2008 5:44:11 PM
Author: divergrrl
Hi everyone...

I recently hit a wall in my post baby weight loss & draggin a 6 month old & 3 year old to WW meetings ain''t cuttin'' it. LOL.

So I canceled my WW, and am going to try to do something different. Counting calories perhaps? Making an effort to lift weights?

I have 18lbs to lose & its driving me bananas.

I love your monday posts Lorelei....
Thanks all and Diver! Diver you can TOTALLY do this, try watching the calories ( and make sure you are eating enough) with cardio and weights, you will soon shift those few pounds!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning Everyone,

Charlie did make it home safely last night. We had a wonderful dinner at favorite Sushi place #2, followed by FroYo and coffee. We intended to spend only a few minutes at Sbucks, but it was like reunion night as we wound up seeing a group of people we hadn''t seen in weeks and we visited much too long. So, by the time we got home and got Charlie unpacked, etc., it was too late to log on last night.

We ARE going to the gym today. I''ll be interested to see how I do after being off for 6 straight days. It''s the longest I''ve been off in at least 2 years. Otherwise, not much else to report. Certainly nothing really happening on the job hunt side.

Monnie, sorry your interview was postponed till Thursday. Don''t be nervous, you know you know the jewelry world and you''ll knock ''em dead with your skills and can do attitude! Fingers crossed for Hubby''s interview to be successful today.

Kimberly, I did miss John''s question in last week''s thread. I don''t know the answer to his question though. The University of South Florida is located in Tampa, and yes, we are not really South Florida as we''re more West/Central, but the University of Central Florida (UCF) is located in Orlando (actually Oviedo where Steph now lives). So, please tell John, I really don''t know why the University of South Florida (USF) is located in Tampa??

LP, glad you''re doing better and have kicked the flu bug!!

Good for you getting up early for aerobics bee* I''ve never been good at working out in the morning........

Steph, it''s amazing what paint can do to change the appearance of cabinets, but I worry about how durable the finish is ultimately and whether the paint can be scratched. If you choose the paint route, you might want to check some samples and see how easily the paint can be scratched or chipped.

Hey divergrrl, wishing you luck with the last 18 pounds to go! The last pounds are usually the hardest to get rid of for sure.

Skippy, you had a bad day??????? I''m so sorry and hope your day got better.........

I''m so sorry your sister had a bad night Marcy. I hope she get''s better soon.

I''ve never tried yoga something, but have thought about taking a class at the gym.

I''ll check back in later. Have great day everyone!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
slacker cupcake lover checking in here ....

i realized i hadn''t posted at all in the wwt since like sunday hehee. too busy obsessing over cupcakes i guess.

but not really eating them! so that''s good right. though i did eat the banana cake from easter and man that stuff is amazing. did i mention that it was like 4 layers with cream and bananas in every layer?? we finished it off last nite. well i say we but i mean ME. in any case, it''s gone now. the cupcakes are pretty much gone too since i give them away.

funny but one of my coworkers used to tell me she didn''t really eat what she baked and i thought that was so odd but now i am doing it too. i guess it''s because i sample the batter and frosting while making so when they are done, i typically eat one mini and am like okay good, done. and then i don''t have any more OR i just have like one a day or something. but the mini ones i made on easter, i just had one at my parents and then 1/2 yesterday with a friend just to ''taste'' since i had modified the recipe slightly...and now i am giving 4 away today and we have 2 minis left that greg will most likely demolish before i get home tonight. and then i''ll bake on thurs for a friend on friday that i am seeing.

anyhow, i am keeping up with workouts!! sat was zumba AND pilates. sunday we just did a 1m walk...too busy with baking and cooking and Easter to do more. yesterday did a 2mile walk at lunch with my coworker and then an hour of pilates with my trainer and 10 minutes of straight abs when i got home. we had TJ''s pizza for dinner and umm rest of banana cake. hee.

today i am doing cardio at the work gym and at least 1-2m walk as long as it does not rain, it''s sprinkling out but hopefully we won''t see big showers.

apple, yay for positive results from your class!!!
kimi, spring clothes are out in full effect here, over the wkd it was 75 so i was wearing juicy capris and a tank hehee. we are going to get some sprinkles the next few days though.
great opener lorelei and don''t worry about those cc cuppies. you gotta live woman!
rod, glad to hear sakai is doing well...any positive news on the job front?
monnie, i hear ya on tight clothes, some of my jeans are a little tight but i am too lazy to cut back on cals right now...my friend says once swimsuits start coming out i will be like crap and back on it but for now what''s a little indulgence. also sometimes i wonder if my stuff gets tighter because i wash and many times dry my pants so eventually they DO shrink a little right???

on a plus note, i put on some pants i haven''t worn since last sept and they fit fine and not even tight so i guess i''m at least what i was last sept which is good. i swear sometimes i think that stuff is mostly in our heads!

on a sweet note, my trainer told me that ''we should all wish to be like you'' and i asked her what she meant and she said ''well with all the stuff you eat, you aren''t 600 lbs!'' so i guess that''s a compliment? or calling me a non-chubby piggy? not quite sure. but it was funny the way she said it accompanied by hand gestures showing a large belly.

anyway, happy tuesday all!!! greg is negotiating on his offer but he will take it regardless, he''s just trying to see if he can get a bit more up front as opposed to such a big bonus, but regardless it''s a fab offer and a big bump from what he has now and he wants to be in this industry so he is SO excited. it will really help us hopefully save more this year. he''s taking 2 weeks between jobs which is the first non-work block of time that he has had off in like 9 years, seriously (not counting vacations)...so he is jazzed. we might do a 3-4 day trip to palm springs in there to celebrate.

have a great day!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all! Nothing too exciting to report. I went for a 3 mile walk yesterday which helped. I think things will work out from yesterday. Tonight I plan to go to muscle hour; the weather is suppose to stay in the 70's all week.
emhot.gif
Have a great day all!

Rod, yay for Charlie being back safe and sound and the gym tonight!!

Mara, you are cracking me up w/your love for cupcakes; I am that way w/cookies.

Kimi, that is sweet you made dinner; I bet it was delicious!

Marcy, gosh, your poor sister; is that normal for someone to continue being sick like that?? Can they take her to another doctor; gosh, that is awful!

Steph, we were debating over maple and cheery and end up w/cherry. I love both; people charge a lot for painting because I wanted white but all that was offered were those thermofoil cheap stuff so if we wanted white we would have to buy what we have and have a professional paint them. Yay for your workout!

SS, glad you love yoga; it is so good for you! What are the wraps called???? Are they yummy? 9g of fiber is great!!!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Good morning, everyone!

Bee, yay for walks with dogs! I grew up with puppies but Kris and I don''t have any of our own--he''s more of a cat person. Once we move and get settled, I really want a pair of kitties!

Appletini, I haven''t jumped rope since I was a kid--I may have to try it again one of these days. I''m glad PT is going well.

Lorelei, good for you for looking so good at almost 45! Sounds like your hubby is a very proud fellow indeed.
2.gif

Monarch, good luck cutting out the additional calories from alcohol--it''s easy to forget to count those. I''m definitely guilty of going over on mine due to a glass or two of wine. Good luck to your DH on his interview and let us know how yours goes on Thursday!

Steph, good luck with the freelance work. I''m sure your neighbors could see how hard you were working on the treadmill and didn''t feel like you were being rude.

Diver, I''m sure that you''ll find a system that works for you. Good luck!

I''m sorry you had a bad day, Skippy. Sounds like your walk helped, though. *hugs*

Kimberly, hope dinner was fun!

I''m sorry your sister is still so poorly, Marcy. I hope she recovers quickly. Thanks for the job fairy dust for Kris!

SomethingShiny, lol at the yoga addiction! Those wraps sound tasty--where did you get them? Thank you for the fairy dust for Kris.
1.gif

Rod, I''m glad Charlie is home safe. I had a dream about FroYo the other night and woke up seriously craving it--I blame you and Mara! Have fun at the gym.

Mara, you''ve inspired me to go find some mini cupcake pans. I want to get in on the trend, too! Good job keeping up with all your workouts.

Have a great Tuesday, everyone!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I did 30 min on the elliptical today at lunch...it didn''t seem that tough at the time, but I was quite fatigued when I got off. Although doing better now that I''m eating lunch.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I am off to push my two kids in my massive double jogging stroller....2.5 miles, and then I''m going to hit my weights once they go down for naps.

Mara: How is Zumba? I just noticed it on my gym''s (24hr fitness) schedule...I love "dance" fitness classes. I prefer hiphop, but salsa, etc are so fun too. I take kickboxing on Saturdays with some girlfriends & I am so redfaced, sweaty & gross at the end of the hour. I work harder in that class than I do running.
(oh and your cupcake thread is evil....I was on that y''day)

Off to walk my babies~~~

later gators

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results