shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 21st April till 27th April

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks bee*!! And a happy birthday to Amber! We have a 10 year old Burmese Cat, who is the light of our life, so I completely understand how great it is to celebrate your furry loved one's birthdays!

Sushi was wonderful as usual. The owner of the restaurant sat down with us and talked for a long time. She's a lovely lady and we enjoyed her visit very much. Then after dinner we had our usual FroYo (I had green tea with fresh blueberries - yumm), then we walked up the street to Sbucks and sat under the oak and had cup of decaf AND we wound up splitting a chocolate chip cookie the owner of our Sushi restaurant gave us when she visited. To be honest, I ate the cookie, but didn't enjoy it. So why did I eat it anyway?? Because it was in front of me. And that's not a good reason to eat anything you're not enjoying. When we got home we were going to go get in the spa, but then I remembered that Moonlight was back on CBS tonight with an all new episode and we watched that instead. I've always had a thing for vampire movies/books, etc., and this show is particularly well done.

Not many posts this Friday evening. I hope that means everyone is out having a great Friday night.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Just stopping in to wish you all a good weekend.

JT is getting over his recent bout of yuckiness. At least I hope he is, could just be a break though. Either way, I need the rest!

Seems like we may be getting our tax rebates pretty soon. As soon as we do, DH and I are putting down money on a trip to Jamaica for Feb 09. We''ll be there for 6 days/5 nights at Sandals. We''ve decided to get the butler and everything! I''m already excited.

I''ve missed yoga for the last several days and am thoroughly depressed about it. I found a yoga DVD, but it''s not anywhere near the same. I wish I could find the Namaste series on DVD so I can put it in when I want.

Anyway, my baby sis has a softball tourney tomorrow, so I think we may spend the day there. Something to get out and enjoy the weather. Kind of...it''ll be in the 50''s. We were in the 70''s but had horrible weather come through. We were under a tornado warning for quite a while and had some nasty hail.

have a great tomorrow, all!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey WWTr''s. I did not end up going to my "working interview" today, which was to consist of a 9.5 hour shift from open to close (which would''ve been a typical schedule) without pay. After thinking long and hard about it the past few days I finally called the owner yesterday and told him I was no longer interested in the position. I didn''t mention that I was quite unhappy with the fact that his wife had asked me right off the bat during my first interview if I had children (Illegal question under federal law, obviously she wasn''t aware of federal laws or just didn''t care), and they didn''t offer any benefits besides their own medical after 90 days. At this point both DH and I are looking for positions where we have access to medical/dental/vision plus life insurance and retirement. I just had a not-so-great vibe about the place and I am glad I didn''t go. If I had taken the job I also would''ve been working 10 hour days and not getting home until 8 p.m. even if I went in at 9a.m., it just wasn''t the right position for me based on hours and benefits, plus other random details. So I have another interview with a company I''ve been dying to work for, they are a large corporation/chain and offer great benefits and I am very hopeful that it works out.

Job stuff aside, I had a very good day as far as working out and eating well. DH and I had breakfast and coffee together this morning, cold cereal (he''s on a Special K kick, which I can handle) with skim milk, an orange, and one slice of toast with PB, then we each went to our computers for a while and did the job search thing. Before lunch we took a 2.5 mile walk with the dogs, then came back and I had a big spinach salad with light honey dijon dressing, he had some kind of italian beef sandwich from a local joint. After lunch I job searched some more, and then did a couple Exercise TV workouts because it looked like it was going to storm all afternoon. I worked my abs/core and butt/thighs, then this evening I worked my arms again. I am finding that I like to work out 3-4 times a week now and do a total body firming/strength workout plus a bit of cardio, and I''m taking a day off in between. I weighed myself yesterday morning and have lost another pound. Yay! Dinner was a frozen cheese pizza and a little more salad, I only had a couple pieces of pizza and felt pretty good about my portion.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I am glad it’s Friday. This will be a busy weekend for me with a many “opportunities” to eat a few things I normally wouldn’t eat. We are giving a baby shower for a girl that works for me tomorrow and we will have cheese and crackers, salad, veggies, mints, nuts and cake. Then we are taking the in-laws out for supper for their birthdays Saturday evening and Sunday some of us girls from work are meeting for lunch. I think I’ll eat a few things but not overdo it and definitely just enjoy myself.
Skippy, I am in sweats and just walked on the treddie so I am pretty warm right now. I had mints for the shower tomorrow setting on top of my sweatshirt so my shirt smells like mint. Too funny. I am sure you had a wonderful time on your date tonight. The tram ride sounds really fun. Happy 8th Anniversary next week! Yay for a killer bike ride.
CJ, I like NB shoes. I want to get some of their new running shoes the next time I need shoes. Yay for feeling the effects of exercise in your tush.
Bee, how fun to celebrate Amber’s birthday today. Wow for her being 11. I am glad she enjoyed her birthday walk.
Dragonfly, good plan to do lots of workouts this weekend.
Linda, sorry to hear your allergies are nuts. I bet the long walk with Mazie was fun.
Steph, congratulations for loosing another pound. I want to try one of Rod’s famous scones too. They always sound so good. I hope your dad enjoys his business trip to Colorado. Fun for shopping for some new jewelry for Mother’s Day.
Rod, rats for not hearing about an interview for Monday. Yay for a 20% coupon to the Banana Republic to use towards a new shirt. I love coupons.
Somethingshiny, glad to hear JT is feeling better. Sorry to hear you are having bad weather. Great plan for using your rebate check as a down payment on a great trip. We are saving ours to pay for the gas on our trip this summer.
Monnie, good idea not to go with that company. No sense being miserable just to have a job. Good luck with the interview at the big company. Congratulations on loosing another pound. That is awesome you are getting in so many workouts.
Well, take care and have a great weekend.
35.gif

Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hello All!

It''s been a crazy busy week. Food has been so-so, exercise has been close to nil, and so I haven''t had much to say. We went to a suprise party at a Padres game last night, which was fun.

Skippy, prix fixe menus are so much fun! I hope you have a wonderful anniversary.

Stephanie, I hope Adam is doing better.

Somethingshiny, I hope JT is feeling better. My sister and nephew were supposed to visit this weekend, they made it to my mom''s and he vomited (all over the brand new carpet. Uh oh!). So they went back home yesterday instead of driving to my house. I was so disappointed, and feel so bad for him!

Rod, sorry about the bruise.

Monnie, it sounds like you made the right choice for you. Keep your chin up.

Marcy, enjoy your weekend, and allow yourself some leeway!

Today I''m going to take it easy. I think I''ll go for a walk, and then just hang out and read. We had a BBQ planned for my sister''s visit so we''ll have to eat that food up tonight: tri tip, corn, etc.

Have a great day all!

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone- Wanted to wish everyone a great weekend. Hope you all enjoy it and spend it doing things you want to do.

Skippy happy anniversary! Your dinner/date night sounds fun!

Marcy have fun at the shower and all your other events this weekend. I''m sure you will do great with the food choices-

Monnie I''m glad you made the decision you feel good about regarding the job interview

Kimberly the game sounds fun. Don''t worry your exercise can pick back up next week!

I made it to the gym three times this week!! Yay!! for myself

If I missed ppl sorry about that.
Take care!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Pave~ A big congrats to you! Good Luck!!

9.gif
36.gif
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Monnie,

I'm glad you decided to not put yourself in a situation you KNOW would have been wrong. And I can't believe that the owner's wife inquired about whether you had children or not. Most people haven't a clue as to what questions are legal to ask or not. Obviously, this lady certainly did not. I think you made the right decision for sure. I don't want to put myself in a situation I will regret either, so if it takes us more time to find a good opportunity, then so be it. Woo Hoo for having an interview with a big company who offers the type of benefits you seek AND deserve!

Enjoy your slightly indulgent weekend Marcy!! You deserve to have some food fun!

Enjoy your walk Kimberly and yummm to barbeque.

Beautiful day down here in Tampa. Breakfast on the terrace. Since it's Saturday, lunch at our little deli, then coffee, then a good long workout. Not sure about dinner yet.

Have a great day everyone!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Pave, thanks for the encouragement. Being gone for 12 hours a day or more is not conducive to exercise; I just have to ride out the next 5 weeks, until student teaching is finished, and then I can get back on track. I''m okay with being a bit off on my exercise, but I sure do miss it! Congratulations to you on your pregnancy. I''m sure you''re thrilled.

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Kimberly,
You sound dedicated which is something I have trouble with(when it comes to exercise and then when it comes to other things too,lol). I''m sure you will be able to pick it back up. I hope you enjoy your student teaching! What grade are you teaching?
Thanks for the congrats! I am excited!!

SomethingShiny- thanks for your good wishes! It is nice to "know" so many thoughtful ppl here. I''m glad to hear your little guy is doing better. I hope you find a yoga dvd you like- I have one by Rodney Yee that seems pretty good. Enjoy the softball game and the outdoors! Look out for the tornado, though. Yikes!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Saturday everyone. Work was so busy today so I''m going to have a quick nap and then I''m off to the cinema with some friends to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I can''t wait to see it.

Rod-glad to hear that you enjoyed the sushi and FroYo. I''m always eating things like that where I know that I''m not enjoying them as much as I should be but I still finish them.

Something-your trip in Feb sounds fab. I hope that you get back to your yoga soon.

Monarch-glad to hear that you didn''t take that job. I''m keeping my fingers crossed for you for the other interview.

Marcy-enjoy the shower and your lunch out. It''s nice to have a few treats without overdoing it. Amber says thank you!

pave-well done on getting to the gym so much this week! I saw your other good news in a different post-Congratulations!!

Talk to you all later!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to check back in and report we went on a great walk. We''re going to the art show this afternoon and then out to dinner. We''re eating out a lot more than normal this week, but I''m not going to worry about that either. I''m so good most of the time I think I can get away with it for one week.

We''ll stick close to home tomorrow. I''d like to spend one day this weekend just being lazy, Sunday is a good day to do so.

Pave, I am dedicated, to never being overweight and unhealthy again. I have learned to enjoy exercise and eating healthy over time. But I certainly indulge a bit too!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends!! Last night was wonderful, I had the smoked trout and potato pancake appitizer, the main course was bleu cheese mashed potato (gave hubby most of mine) and beef tenderloin in a ruby port wine sauce, for dessert I had an apricot tart with vanilla ice cream. I ate the fruit and left the crust. We also had something called the Flight of Italy which was 3 different small glasses of wine which was perfect. I can't wait for the tram ride this coming week. Thanks for all the anniversary wishes.
12.gif

Today I went to Costco and bought fresh raspberries, strawberry's, plums and then went to the farmers market for fresh veggies. I also had a bridal shower which made me so happy that one of the hostess decided to serve Weight Watchers items (low cal) from a cookbook; I was so excited. They actually had a ice cream cake and I only had 1 inch by 2 inch size piece of ice cream, so I was proud I didn't give into getting a big piece or eating the potato chips that were also served.
16.gif
I think I will do some house work (mopping, dusting and vacuuming) this afternoon. Tomorrow I have a birthday party and researched the menu before hand so I think I am safe. hehe

Dragonfly, thanks for the flaxseed infor!!! WW is weight watchers like Bee said, sorry for the confusion.

Steph, thanks for the kudos and sweet wishes!!! Glad you had a beautiful day and whoo hooo for scoping out your Mother's day diamond gift. hehe How is Adam feeling?

Rod, thanks for the wishes. I hope you sell the condo. Yay for a new shirt; I love getting new clothes!!! I bet you look handsome in it!!! Darn company; my thoughts are the right one will come along. How is the arm? You cracked me up about needing Mara to come back re: your posts. hehe

Bee, glad Amber had a wonderful birthday. My legs stung yesterday riding but they aren't sore today; I ended up taking a 2 hour nap because I was so exhausted after the rid. hehe Thank you for the good wishes!

Somethingshiny, I hope JT gets better soon! Get some rest too; sending you healing vibes! Whooo hooo for Jamaica! Enjoy the softball game; hope she wins and it is warm for you!!!

Monnie, sending good vibes for a job!!!! Yay for your long walk!!!

Marcy, glad you walked and are nice and toasty!! Thanks for the kudos and good wishes. Have fun at dinner!!! Wow, you and I are both busy with party's this weekend!

KimberelyH, I read your posts today and they made me feel proud of myself and were inspiring!!! They are inspiring because you keep doing well and maintaining which is a huge kudos! I lost the weight but had a hard time maintaining so now I am determined to lose it and keep it off! Thanks and good to see you. Glad you took time out to enjoy a game last night!!! Thanks for the sweet wishes! Whoo hoo for the walk!

Pavelover, thank you for the sweet wishes. Yay for the gym 3 times last week; kudos!!!! Congrats to you; I read in the Preggo thread.

Mara, where are you; yay for your gym workouts which on travel for work!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.........We had a normal active Saturday. Lunch was at our little diner and I had a small cup of soup and 1/2 sandwich of tuna on whole wheat. Then we enjoyed coffee under the oak for a long time. We actually had to push each other to leave and head to the gym. Thank goodness we can push and encourage each other. I'm afraid that alone I might not have come up with the energy to go workout. But workout we did and it was a really good and strong one. We arrived at the gym a little before 3 and didn't leave till nearly 6 and we worked out hard the entire time. I had pushed my arms really hard on Thursday's workout, so they were a bit sore going into today's workout, but I've learned that it helps to just push through the pain and that's what I did and I feel better. Dinner was another diner and we each had a bowl of fresh veggie spinach soup, which was spicy and oh so good. Charlie had mahi mahi on a mashed potatoes with fried zuchini sticks as the veggie (they were so yummy and it made me wonder why the fast food restaurants don't serve them as a healty alternative to french fries??) and I had a chicken sandwich with melted provolone and a spicy chipotle sauce and a side caesar salad with the dressing on the side. Then we ran into two friends who wanted to have FroYo, so we had dessert with them, then coffee under the oak. It was a really nice evening for sure! Tomorrow, we have to leave the house earlier than usual on a Sunday as our realtor is having an open house. We'll be back in the gym tomorrow afternoon like always.

Kimberly, I'm glad you had a good walk. I know your schedule just isn't too condusive to working out much these days too. I hope dinner was good out too. I saw on Yahoo that we have something in common these days beside being WWT friends. We live in the top ten worst real estate markets. We're in the top four to be exact!! Enjoy your well deserved day of rest tomorrow.

Hey bee*, I hope you enjoyed Forgetting Sarah Marshall as much as we did!! You'll have to let me know.

I'm so glad you really enjoyed your anniversary dinner last night Skippy. And it sounded so so good too! And such a good girl buying lot's of fresh fruit and veggies. Plus, extra credit for being so controlled at the shower today!! I can resist a lot, but I'm afraid potato chips are a weaknesses of mine! The arm is fine BTW. I thought I'd have a bruise and it would be sore since I hit it so hard, but no bruise and the soreness was gone the next morning. I didn't have any issue working it hard today either!

That does it for me today. I hope you all enjoyed a terrific Saturday and are looking forward to a lovely Sunday.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I had a busy day. We went out for breakfast then ran a few errands. I went to help set up the baby shower at noon, and we wrapped it up about 3:30. She got a lot of nice things. Then Marty and I took his parents to dinner at our favorite steak house about an hour’s drive from here. We stopped by a Whole Foods afterwards and picked up some things. Their fruit looked yummy so I got strawberries, cherry tomatoes and a Fuji apple. I drooled over their bakery items but didn’t buy anything from there. We picked up some of their whole wheat bread that looks great.
Rod, I forgot to answer your question yesterday about snow – snows are frequent in March and April around here and we’ll get a few in May as well. We did wake up to snow but it was all melted by noon. Glad to hear you had another beautiful day in Tampa. Good luck with the open house at your condo tomorrow.
Kimi, sorry to hear about your nephew getting sick. Enjoy your quiet weekend. I did eat quite a bit more than normal today but didn’t go crazy. Running around at the shower probably burned off some of those extra calories. I am glad you had a great walk today.
Pavelover, yay for making it to the gym 3 times this week. I only had one small plate of food at the shower then threw my plate away to avoid getting seconds. I also ate some cake but scraped off the frosting. It’s funny even though I haven’t reach my goal yet I don’t worry about off days like I used to – life goes on whether I eat smart today or not. Congratulations on being pregnant. I sure saw a LOT of cute baby clothes at the baby shower today.
Hi Somethingshiny.
Bee, I hope you enjoyed the movie. Scratch Amber on the head for me.
Skippy, love your new diamond avatar. I am so glad your dinner was marvelous last night. Good for you sticking to sensible food at the shower today – I ate raw veggies but everything else I ate wasn’t “healthy”. Have fun at the birthday party tomorrow. I am looking forward to lunch with the girls.
Well, I’m off to bed. Take care. See you tomorrow.
35.gif

Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

Skippy, you are so sweet! It''s flattering that I inspire you. I know how hard you work at being healthy and that is the most important thing. Glad you enjoyed the shower and ate well. I''m wondering where Miss Mara is too, Skippy. Perhaps she got lost in cupcake land?

Rod, our market is doing strange things. High-end housing is holding most of its value, just taking much longer to sell. Lower-end housing is losing a bit of its value but for people who are mortgaged to the hilt they owe more than the value because they took advantage of all of those home equity loans that have been all the rage the last 5-7 years and now their rates have adjusted and they''re in way over their heads. The paper printed a map of foreclosed homes in San Diego over the last year and places like La Jolla have 5, and other areas (such as a newly developing community about 15 miles east of La Jolla that attracts young families) have foreclosures on a huge number of houses. It''s such a crazy market. My schedule really has made working out difficult, so I''m just doing what I can and looking forward to when my life returns to normal. I love to be busy, but not this busy.

So we went to the artwalk, spent about 3 hours wandering around, then went to a steakhouse for dinner. We shared a caprese salad, I had a filet and a side of asparagus and John had prime rib. We shared a chocolate peanut butter dessert thing that was delicious. It was a wonderful meal.

As I said today we''re going to hang out close to home. I have a bit of work to do for the classroom, I''d like to get a walk in and then I''m going to read, read, read. I picked up a mystery at the library, not usually my thing but something fun and different.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone, Hope you are enjoying your Sunday- I am working this weekend unfortunately, but I did get together with some good friends last night and it was great. No exercise today but hopefully this week I will make some gym dates-

Just wanted to thank you guys for your warm wishes! thanks Marcy, Skippy and Bee-

Marcy It sounds like you had fun at the shower- there is just something about those baby clothes- especially girl clothes- I had to stop myself from buying these little knit booties at Target the other day- they were on clearance and just so darling- but I wasn''t pregnant yet(at least the test didn''t say so)and even now I am kind of superstitious. Maybe I will go pick them up
emsmile.gif

Skippy your dinner sounded so yum. I am glad you guys had fun. I like those wine pairings cause you can have a little of everything. I saw your message about the flax/estrogen and pregnancy thing- I for sure have BOTB so I guess I was thinking about that connection. I tried to see what else it said but I haven''t had much time to look again. I guess I was just thinking that if there is a possible link to messing with my estrogen levels I would rather just take the fish oil- but then that is scary cause I worry that they don''t watch the mercury levels like they say. Scary.

Ok well I really am gonna be late for work. Catch up with y''all later! Have a great day.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I hope you are having a great day. We didn’t get anymore snow but the wind feels like it’s coming off a glacier. Burr!
Kimi, we split a piece of peanut butter pie last night – it was awesome. It’s whipped like pudding. I am sure these last few weeks of school will fly by for you. Enjoy your walk and reading today.
Pavelover, you should go pick up those cute little booties. I got some of the frog one’s for a gift yesterday. She is doing a frog theme in her nursery. Their little booties and slippers were very cute. I hope you had a great day at work.
Well, my dryer buzzer is whining then I am meeting the girls for lunch.
Take care and have a wonderful Sunday.
35.gif

Marcy

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Good morning, WWTers!

We just got back from our trip last night and it was FANTASTIC! I''ll make sure to post some pictures once we get them all uploaded and resized and whatnot. I had very sporadic internet access, so I''ve been a bit behind on PS, but I''m back in full force now.

The best thing about this trip is that it really solidified in our minds that we''re doing the right thing by moving to Portland--we spent a lot of time checking out neighborhoods and driving around the city and we''re just really excited. The other best thing is that I actually didn''t gain any weight! Shocking, given some of the meals we had.
3.gif
We spent a lot of time walking around and whatnot, so I think that that made a big difference.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday and I''ll pick up the thread properly again next week.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/27/2008 1:25:45 PM
Author: ladypirate
Good morning, WWTers!

We just got back from our trip last night and it was FANTASTIC! I''ll make sure to post some pictures once we get them all uploaded and resized and whatnot. I had very sporadic internet access, so I''ve been a bit behind on PS, but I''m back in full force now.

The best thing about this trip is that it really solidified in our minds that we''re doing the right thing by moving to Portland--we spent a lot of time checking out neighborhoods and driving around the city and we''re just really excited. The other best thing is that I actually didn''t gain any weight! Shocking, given some of the meals we had.
3.gif
We spent a lot of time walking around and whatnot, so I think that that made a big difference.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday and I''ll pick up the thread properly again next week.
Yar Matey and welcome back!
35.gif
Look forward to the peetures!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone
35.gif
My weekend of work is finished thankfully-no more full weekends for me for another couple of weekends
36.gif
Have so much study to do as I couldn''t get any done at work so that''s my plan for the evening.

Skippy-glad to hear that your dinner went well. That food sounds delicious! That''s great that there was WW food at the shower. Enjoy the birthday party.

Rod-the film was brilliant! I really enjoyed it. Sounds like you had a great Saturday. You and Charlie work out so hard at the gym-that''s brilliant that the two of you motivate and encourage each other to go. D doesn''t go to the gym with me much but he''s always very encouraging of me going which always helps a lot.

Marcy-that was definitely a busy day! I wish we had a Whole foods in Ireland-I was in the one in NY and it''s amazing. I gave Amber that scratch!

Lorelei-thanks for that! Just posted a reply.

pavelover-I''m the same-had to work all weekend so no exercise for me. I''m definitely going to the gym a couple of times after the library this week.

ladypirate-glad you enjoyed your trip! And congrats for not putting on any weight
36.gif

Talk to everyone later!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone
35.gif

This will be a short post and I will acknowledge everyone later.

It is really warm here today, it is supposed to be 85 again. I like it if it stays around 80 HA!!!

My daughter is working, so Rick and I are going on a bike ride with the two little ones. Andrew out grew is bike, so we bought him a new one yesterday. He is so proud of it.

We are going to BBQ tonight some steaks and chicken and I am going to steam some veggies. Rick and the boys love the little gold potatoes that are out now.

I''ll check back later.

Have a great Sunday.

Linda

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/26/2008 10:22:58 PM
Author: Rod
and I had a chicken sandwich with melted provolone and a spicy chipotle sauce and a side caesar salad with the dressing on the side.
Now I am jonesing for the above sandwich and salad combo, ''specially after the pants dinner I had....Rod, you really do give the best dinner descriptions!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2008 1:48:28 PM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 4/26/2008 10:22:58 PM

Author: Rod

and I had a chicken sandwich with melted provolone and a spicy chipotle sauce and a side caesar salad with the dressing on the side.

Now I am jonesing for the above sandwich and salad combo, ''specially after the pants dinner I had....Rod, you really do give the best dinner descriptions!

I know-doesn''t he! Seriously, I''m going to have to stop reading Rod''s food descriptions from now on as they just sound so delicious. Next time I go to the US, I''m hunting down Rod''s house for dinner!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe you all are making me hungry and they are having my friends birthday dinner/celebration at some naughty Mexican restaurant.
11.gif
2.gif
3.gif

I will come check into tonight; I need to wrap the present and get ready. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday; it is kind of cool out here but it is suppose to warm up tomorrow. Talk to you later this evening and I will respond to the activites ya all are up to
9.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
My study wasn''t going anywhere as I''m so tired so D came over and we took Amber for a lovely walk along the river. I feel a bit more awake now so I''m going to try and get some more study done now! Talk to you all tomorrow morning!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I had fun at lunch with the girls but sadly only 3 of us showed up. One girl was sick and the other 2 just weren’t having a good day. I kind of felt bad for the girl we were taking out for her birthday that only 2 of us came out to celebrate but I still think she had fun anyway.
I bought some new nail polish and a new pair of Saucony running shoes after lunch. I really like that brand of shoes but the pair I bought a few months ago just weren’t that comfortable anymore so I tried on the next smaller size and they feel great. The good news is they are last year’s model; they are blue instead of red and $40 less than this year’s model.
The past few days I’ve had quite a few big reactions to the picture on my driver’s license. The guy at Whole Foods yesterday just said “woah!”. My MIL told me at supper last night she carries around my picture and shows it to everyone. That’s really neat she is so excited about it.
Welcome back Ladypirate. I’ve missed your pirate kitty. Triple congrats to you – you love Portland, you ate well and didn’t gain any weight. The life is good gods were smiling upon you on your travels.
Lorelei, the chicken sandwich with salad does sound divine.
Bee, the saddest part about the weekend is when you know they are coming to an end. You will be really busy until school gets out then getting ready for your trip. I was reading an article in the paper today about the big movies coming out this summer and thought of you when I read about Sex in the City. Whole Foods are amazing – I’ve only been a few times but I think we’ll start taking a cooler with us when we head south and pick up some food. It’s higher priced but well worth it. Great idea to go for a refreshing walk to wake up before studying.
Linda, 80 degree weather sounds great – we had chilly wind today but at least the sun is out. We are also having chicken tonight cooked on the grill. Marty is trying a new recipe he saw on TV for potatoes – you clean potatoes, slice them about ¼ inch apart going only about ¾ of the way through then put little pieces of garlic in between each slice. He brushed some olive oil and seasonings on the top and is baking them. They sound really great. He only put a little oil on mine. That is wonderful you bought Andrew a new bike – I am sure he is very excited and will enjoy it a great deal.
Rod, I think we would all hunt you down if we come to Tampa. The prospect looks bleak for me though as my husband doesn’t like hot climates. Rats. You never know though.
Skippy, have a great time at the birthday party.
Well, I must go grade papers and post their weekly assignment.
Have a great evening.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there........

It was another picture beautiful day in sunny Tampa! We had to get up earlier than we'd like on a Sunday (heck when you're unemployed, everyday is Sunday - LOL!!), but still we usually don't get up so early. But, we made the most of the time we did have and enjoyed our fresh fruit, scone and coffee on the terrace. Then we had to straighten everything up and leave as they had an open house in our condo. So we went and had coffee under the oak, followed by lunch a Panera (reverse of what we usually do). I was so in the mood for peanut butter and jelly, so I had a bowl of low fat creamy tomato soup and 1/2 a peanut butter and jelly on nine grain bread. It was just what I wanted and so good. PB&J, now that's comfort food! I've been pushing a bit harder at the gym lately. Ever since I hit my weight goal and started using the gym more for building muscle (while continuing to maintain health and cardio fitness), I've been encouraged by what a middle aged guy could actually accomplish and it's been paying off. But like anything, we hit plateaus and in order to go past those plateaus, one has to work harder. So that's what we've been up to lately and it does seem to working for both of us. Isn't it great that old dogs can learn new tricks!! Our workout this afternoon lasted nearly 3 hours. And my muscles are absolutely worn after two really hard days in the gym. But it feels really good to be this sore. I steamed some jumbo shrimp (with lot's of Old Bay and Red Pepper) for dinner, and this time of year is Silver Queen Corn time, so we had some super sweet, it just crackles when you bit into an ear with dinner, accompanied by a fresh tomato, onion and cucumber salad we made too! Then of course, since it was just so beautiful out, we dropped the top on my car and we headed to Sbucks and had a cup of decaf and split a cinnamon roll for dessert. Finally, we came home and got in the spa under the stars!

How cool is it that your MIL, carries your picture with her to show off her svelte beautiful and ever so trim DIL??!! That is really the best compliment Marcy!

Kimberly, our market is reacting much the same as yours. Higher end properties are holding their own, but the mid and low end are taking a beating. Since our condo is higher end, we're hoping we do OK if and when we ever get an offer. I hope you enjoyed your day at home and your mystery novel too!

Welcome back LP. I'm glad you are excited about your move to Portland. Truth be told, Charlie would absolutely love Portland. I'm afraid I'm just so into palm tree's and perpetually sunny (and yes warm) weather. Good for you not gaining any weight while you were away!

I'm so glad you enjoyed the movie bee*! And thanks for the compliments on my food descriptions. I think my food descriptions aren't much, but I am glad they make an impact. And you should definitely come to Tampa the next time you're in the US!

Love the new avatar Skippy. The pic of your diamond is beautiful! When I was buying dessert at Panera tonight, this man grabbed my hand and dragged me over to his wife to show her my ring. Turns out he's interested in having some bling of his own. I keep my ring so clean, people always think it's brand new. I'm just anal that way! Hope you enjoyed your friends birthday celebration!

Marcy, you can hunt me down any day, hour or minute! You could tell Marty he could play golf 12 months a year in Tampa!! LOL

That does it for me tonight. See you all in next week's thread!

Lorelei, you'll just have to come on over and I'll get you one of those sandwiches!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, you had another wonderful day with great weather, an intense workout at the gym and some wonderful comfort food. Days like that are priceless. I can almost taste the crackling corn. It sounds yummy. I had a small piece of cornbread that melted in my mouth with supper. We picked up a piece at Whole Foods yesterday. I cut off a 1 x 3 inch piece as I know it is so fattening. I was really pleased to hear my MIL was so proud of me. She’s a very nice lady and I’ve always gotten along with her but it still was great to know she would brag about me to her friends. Marty would be excited to be able to play golf 12 months of the year – maybe I can get to sunny Tampa someday. That would be fun. I’d pass on having Sushi with you and Charlie but I’d sure try one of those tasty cherry scones. LOL at getting asked if your ring is new all the time – I get that too. I have my new US on the way; I am down to heating a windex mix in the microwave and steam cleaner right now. Mmm, I must be anal about clean jewels too.

We are going to be in the 60’s tomorrow, 70’s Tuesday then snow again on Wednesday and Thursday. This is getting to be a pattern; Tuesday is our nicest day and Saturday is our worst. Rats.

Well, I’m off to dream of diamonds, sapphires and tanzanites – oh my!
Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results