shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 21st April till 27th April

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

I just wanted to say I took my own advice last week about mixing things up a bit with clothes and appearance, and went jeans shopping. I wanted some longer length flared jeans to wear with heels, but my ordinary Levis were sold out. So I tried these * tiny* looking less well known brand, which I didn't think for one moment I would fit into. I wouldn't have wasted my time, but I used the old trick of wrapping the waistband around my neck, it reached so I tried them on and was delighted! Handy trick that...hehehe!
9.gif
Anyway so now I have 2 new pairs which are just what I wanted!

It is things like that which really help the motivation levels just as much as a pound or 2 less on the scales I find. Treating yourself well is a great investment, one I have had to practise as many of us do, but doing do has such a beneficial effect in so many areas of my life. Rewards like that can really help us to think twice about having that supersize order if a regular will do, or that extra donut, and keep us lacing up our gym shoes to get out there and work out! Sometimes it can be easier than others to stick to a solid routine, but as we are all on this journey for life, we know the secret is to keep trying, even if at times life gets in the way, we can always always begin again right this moment! All is never lost and keep going everyone!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Have a great week
35.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woohoo I always look forward to reading your openings Lorelei! Congrats on getting into those teeny jeans
36.gif
36.gif
I''d never heard of that trick before-what do you do?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning! I hope everyone has a great Monday.

Lorelei, I am so excited to hear your found new jeans that you like and how wonderful they fit in spite of you thinking no way will they fit. I didn''t know about the neck trick. That is a pretty cool idea. I know the biggest difference for me now is knowing I won''t continue to let 2 pounds slide. There are days and occasions where I will eat more and put on a pound or two but it doesn''t become a routine. Life does get in the way of our best intentions but knowing I will continue to make wise choices more often than not has led me to this point in my life. As I often say, "Life is good".
1.gif

Bee, I am sure you''ll pass your exams will flying colors. Thanks for looking at the stars for me.

Well, I must go weigh out my cereal and cut up an apple to split with my husband for breakfast.

Have a great day. Bye.
35.gif

Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2008 9:04:13 AM
Author: bee*
Woohoo I always look forward to reading your openings Lorelei! Congrats on getting into those teeny jeans
36.gif
36.gif
Hee! I was rather pleased as they are a Brit size 13, I haven''t worn that size in years!!!!! The trick is this, and so useful if you don''t have time to try something on. Basically it sounds nuts but it works! Whatever it is you are wanting to try, grab it by the waistband, and fit the waistband around your neck, be it skirt or trousers. Fold the item so that the band or button is closed or done up, as it the item was being worn, then wrap it around your neck. If the waistband fits easily and meets around your neck, then the item should fit you. This trick has never failed me yet, and it is so useful when stores are crowded or time is an issue! Check it out!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 9:09:26 AM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 4/21/2008 9:04:13 AM

Author: bee*

36.gif
36.gif

Hee! I was rather pleased as they are a Brit size 13, I haven''t worn that size in years!!!!! The trick is this, and so useful if you don''t have time to try something on. Basically it sounds nuts but it works! Whatever it is you are wanting to try, grab it by the waistband, and fit the waistband around your neck, be it skirt or trousers. Fold the item so that the band or button is closed or done up, as it the item was being worn, then wrap it around your neck. If the waistband fits easily and meets around your neck, then the item should fit you. This trick has never failed me yet, and it is so useful when stores are crowded or time is an issue! Check it out!

Wow I can''t wait until I fit into a Brit size 13 again! That''s brilliant Lorelei!
36.gif
36.gif

That''s for explaining that trick for me. I''m definitely going to try it next time I go shopping as I hate trying on things.

Hi Marcy
35.gif
Enjoy your cereal!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Are you serious??
lol.gif
I know you are, don''t answer that, I just had to ask.
9.gif

I''m trying this, when NO ONE is looking.
lol3.gif

And congrats miss!
woohoo.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2008 10:26:08 AM
Author: Ellen

Are you serious??
lol.gif
I know you are, don''t answer that, I just had to ask.
9.gif

I''m trying this, when NO ONE is looking.
lol3.gif

And congrats miss!
woohoo.gif
Indeed I am! * had to answer that!* Honestly it works!

And fanks!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys. I haven''t posted in a few days...been busy taking Andrew to the doctor and working around our house this weekend. I did the elliptical Friday, Sat. and Sun and did some weights on Sat. I am still sore so that is a good sign. I was pretty good food wise, we had baked chicken and fish, but I did have a kid''s size cup of ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery yesterday. I am still trying to lose those lbs. that creeped up on me during our move. I am trying to just be patient and eat healthy and workout, but those lbs. won''t seem to leave! This is the point when I was unhealthy that I would do some sort of crash diet to lose them, but I refuse to do that. I just keep trying on my skinny jeans to see if they are loose enough to wear out, but no luck yet. Anyway, I''ll just keep trucking along...My dermatologist appointment is tomorrow, so keep your fingers crossed for me that the spot on my leg will be nothing. I hate the doctor and have a history of passing out especially when some sort of blood is involved, so I''ll be taking a real coke and some crackers with me. Oh my, can''t wait to get this over with! Everyone have a great day!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great weekly opener as usual Lorelei!! And congrats on the Brit size 13 pats fitting. I''m not sure the waist around the neck thing would work with a guy''s neck??

Steph, I''m glad your appointment is tomorrow. I''m keeping fingers crossed you have worried for nothing.

Nothing, zip, nadda going on with the job search. So, we''ve decided to treat ourselves and go see a movie this afternoon. I want to laugh, so we''re going to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall. It''s supposed to be really funny and that''s what we need. We''ll also do our usual Monday night Sushi, FroYo and coffee tonight. It''s the last Monday we can eat this Sushi place. They have to move to a new location as the owner of the building is turning the entire place into a nightclub. Uggh. So, it will be a while before they relocate.

Have a great day everyone!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

35.gif
gang! Hope this note finds you all well!

Some unepected exercise this weekend--I shovelled snow---YES SNOW FOLKS--for about an hour. Oh I could have used the snowblower, but I did it manually and it was a workout for sure. Some sharp sciatic pains followed but it quickily passed. I know April showers bring May flowers but sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watched a rather uninteresting movie on TV this am while doing the bike and squats. Starting to feel like my old self and eating well--I certainly enjoyed my champagne on Friday!!

cheers--Sharon

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Rod, thanks for the good wishes. Have fun at the movie and let us know how it was...I want to see that with Adam for a date night!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I went to my TBT class today...it definitely a good workout today! Other than that not much to report.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey all, just back in from step aerobics-I adore that class. Would love to do another hour of it now. Just going to study and watch sex and the city tonight.

Steph-keeping my fingers crossed for you tomorrow. I''m positive that everything will be fine. Keep up the good work with the eating and workouts and those pounds will go. I know how frustrating it is though when they don''t fall off.

Rod-sorry to hear that there''s still nothing on the jobs front. Enjoy the movie. Sorry to hear that your sushi place is going.

Canuk-can''t believe that you had snow! I wish the weather would improve.

Appletini-well done on the work out!

Talk to you all tomorrow
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all! I got my allergy shots today and they gave me a different medicine to try so I don't suffer so much w/allergies; I am hoping it works. . . darn those mulberry trees.
28.gif
I was excited today because my jeans are super easy to zip up, yay! Eating a little protein in the morning helps keep me full
9.gif
they were talking about eating protein in the mornings on tv keeping a person feeling satisfied longer and I was glad to hear that! I feel so inspired by everyone here, thankies
35.gif
Oh my yard looks great after the crew came and trimmed trees, shrubs, ivy, etc; a clean yard feels greeeeeat! Sewing class tonight; I hope I get to finish this robe. . . off to do some sewing. hehe
3.gif

Lorelei, your trick made me laugh. hehe Did you do it when no one was looking?
9.gif
Yay for skinny minnie jeans
3.gif

Rod, darn I wish I saw that episode; I have lived her so long I bet I would know where that house is if I saw it. hehe There are lots of 1 million dollar homes and I have been in several; ours is not one of them. hehe Have fun at the movies; you guys will find something, hang in there dear heart. btw that Gaby is a nut, can you believe her on DHW!

Marcy, hope you are having a great day. We are twins. hehe I hope the allergies go away for both of us; I have the worst time hang around outside!!! The doctor said for me to stay inside but it is so beautiful outside, rats! hehe

Hey Ellen!!!

Steph, best wishes tomorrow!! Glad you are healthy; kudos!

Sharon, whooo hoooo to the workouts and feeling better!! Snow, wowweee!

Apple, enjoy class!

Bee, yay for step aerobics; I use to love step!! I miss it so much! Enjoy SATC!!!
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2008 4:34:08 PM
Author: Skippy123

Lorelei, your trick made me laugh. hehe Did you do it when no one was looking?
9.gif
Yay for skinny minnie jeans
3.gif
I tried to do it on the sly, yes!! But if it was busy, I would do it anyway, and if I got any funny looks, I would explain there was a method to my madness!!

Just did 50 mins cardio!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Haha, I tried your trick Lorelei and as soon as I did it, Andrew walks in and says "Mommy, you have to put those jeans on your legs, not your neck!!" and just stared at me like I was crazy! Thanks for the laugh!

Hi, Apple, Marcy, Sharon and Ellen!

Thanks for the good wishes Bee and Skippy!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif

Lorelei, I so have to try your neck sizing trick now. My DH will look at me pretty weird when I try it but he’s used to me being weird by now. Congratulations on getting in to smaller jeans.
Hi Ellen. I am always glad to see you post here.
Steph, you are doing to right thing on working out and eating right. Those few pounds will come back off. Good luck at the doctor tomorrow. That’s too funny what Andrew said about trying your pants around your neck.
Rod, glad to hear you decided to go spend the afternoon enjoying a movie. Sorry to hear your Sushi place has to move. I am sure your dinner will be wonderful tonight.
Sharon, glad to hear you are feeling like your old self. Champagne is always a treat for me. We are having flakes here today (snow too ha ha) but not enough to shovel.
Appletini, glad to hear you had a great workout today.
Bee, that’s great you had such a great time at your step aerobics class.
Skippy, I hope the new allergy medicine works for you. Silly allergies. Have fun at sewing class this evening. I do better inside too but you just can’t live your life that way.
Well, supper is ready! Marty stayed home with a migraine today so he cooked supper for us. Yippee.
Laters,
Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Monday All!

Lorelei, hooray for new jeans!

Canuk, sorry about the snowy weather, but it gave you a good workout, I''m sure.

Skip, I hope the new meds work better. Glad the jeans are zippin'' easy. I couldn''t help but think of an EZ-E song when I read that: "You EZ, why you wear your pants like that? EZ access, baby!" Sorry.

Stephanie, what a crack up Andrew is!

Rod, hope you enjoyed the movie. Sorry no job news.

We just went on a nice 40 minute walk. I''m making tacos for dinner with rice and salad.

Have a great evening, everyone.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!! Happy new week. Lorelei, congrats on fitting into those tiny jeans! My mom used to measure my pants/trousers on me that way and I think it always worked. I''m pretty sure it works on men too, because she made my dad do the same thing when we went shopping.

Not much to report today. I was feeling crummy and run down today so I didn''t get to the gym. FI went running again...so cute. And we had our "healthy" bbq yesterday. It was colder (62 degrees F) but the menu was tasty! I made chicken breast skewers marinated in some sort of spanish sauce, beef sirloin skewers marinated in a tamarind bbq sauce with cashews, teryaki tofu skewers, a large filet of sea bass marinated in a wasabi teryaki sauce, a green mango slaw, a spicy mango sauce, peanut sauce, and coconut scallion sauce as dipping choices for the skewers. I also made these tofu and smoked salmon mini pizzas. It was a great success and I was happy to host a bbq that wasn''t the typical greasy burgers and hot dogs. However, it was a lot of work, and the next bbq will be some kind of burgers and hot dogs thing b/c I was pooped after everyone left!

Today we had Thai lettuce wraps with cellophane noodles and skirt steak with the leftover sauces from yesterday. So fresh and tasty!

I think I''ll do some squats and situps tonight to make up for not going to the gym. Have a good evening everyone!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......The movie was a lot of fun. We were pleasantly surprised as I imagined the movie would be more slapstick. Instead it was well done and a really nice love story with a lot of humor thrown in. I certainly recommend it. Note: There is male frontal nudity, but it was funny! Dinner was good as was FroYo and coffee. Supposedly, the restaurant will be reopened in a new location in a few weeks. We''re certainly hoping so........

Shoveling snow in late April Sharon?? Oh my.........

Glad your TBT class was good Apple!

I hope the new allergy shot works for you Skippy. Yay for professional tree and shrub trimmers! And a Super YAY for jeans that were super easy to zip!! Yep, protein definitely helps one feel full longer. And it also helps to fuel us through the day. I''m sorry you missed the episode on HGTV too......

I hope Marty''s headache is better Marcy.

Yay for a nice 40 minute walk Kimberly!

Sorry you weren''t feeling too well CJ. Your food sounded Wonderful. Now, I''m hungry!!

Back in the gym tomorrow for the next three days. At least I can continue rebuilding Rod since I''m not working!

Sleep well everyone!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! I''m glad you''re all doing well. I was kind of lazy this weekend, but back to the gym this evening. I did 40 minutes/3 miles on the elliptical machine, and some weight machines. I haven''t really seen too much difference since the beginning of the month, and I''ve actually gained about a pound, but I''m telling myself it''s because if fat is turning to muscle, it will weigh a little more. Who knows if that''s truly the case. I still have to schedule my personal trainer appointment, since one came with my sign-up package, so I''m hoping s/he will be able to give me some tips. I was cranky at the end of my workout, though, because I like to go to the steam room for a few minutes and they were cleaning and not allowing anyone in. Of course, I do want it to be clean...but I wish they had chosen some other time to do it!

Lorelei, I''m definitely going to have to try the jeans thing. CrownJewel, your dinner sounds so yummy! Rod, I''m sorry about your sushi place -- my FI and I are very picky about where we''ll eat sushi, and we''d be so upset if our usual place closed, even for a little while. Do you have a backup?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimi, I was thinking of making tacos this week too. They sound good.
CJ, you put out quite a variety of food for your BBQ. I am sure it was all quite tasty.
Rod, that is great news the Sushi place will open again in a few weeks. Marty went to bed early and I am going to do the same. My allergies are making me sleepy. He said his head still hurt quite a bit; I can always tell when he is getting a migraine because his eyes look funny.
Skippy, I forgot to say “yay” for your jeans zipping up easily. That is a “woo hoo” moment.
I’ll check in with all of you tomorrow.
Marcy

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! Happy Monday!
35.gif

Lorelei -- Woohoo! Fitting into skinny or "skinnier" jeans ... is there anything better in life?! Fantastic ... good for you. You''ll have to take pics for us of you doing your handy dandy sizing neck trick thingy.
25.gif

Skippy -- You too! All your hardwork is paying off ... you''re showing those jeans who is boss! Good for you, girly! How exciting!!! Do you have a particular "goal" in mind?

Glad to see everyone else is trudging along nicely or continuing full steam ahead ... This wedding planning stuff is really still biting into my PS time and my sleep, for that matter ... however, we have picked a date ... Sept 6, 2009!
9.gif
Only over a year left to go ... I''m certain that this pace has to slow down. We have, however, booked a venue and secured a church and priest etc. Not bad for being engaged for 3 weeks or so, right?
16.gif

I''m still on with the gym and that is going well. Trying to mix it up a little to get the most out of the time spent there and I believe that WW starts on April 23 so I will have more to report in that regard next week. Oh ... I''m soooo dreading that first weigh in and learning how much I have gained in the past year and a half or so.
14.gif
I hope I don''t have a meltdown and embarrass myself in front of those nice WW ladies. Wish me luck!
32.gif

That''s it for right now for me ...

Rod keep your head up. You seem like such a terrific person and I''m certain that all of your good karma will be coming ''round the mountain real soon to smack you right splat in the face with a FAB new job opportunity.
I have been keeping my fingers crossed for you ... no matter how qualified and skilled you are etc, job hunting and securing a new position can be an arduous task. Try not to get discouraged and keep at it.

Oh ... almost forgot again ... for those who have been offering encouragement and congratulating me on my engagement ... Thank you! I kept meaning to mention it to you but found myself "reading" the WWT thread but not updating b/c I didn''t have time ... so ... Thanks again! I appreciate it.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Tuesday All,

Sorry about Marty''s migraine, Marcy; I can empathize! Hope he''s better today.

Spark, don''t have a meltdown, just think of it as a challenging starting point! When I hit 200 lbs I remember how painful it was to let anyone see that number (doctor''s office, and I went to WW for a while) but it held me accountable so it turned out to be a good thing. Congrats on the wedding date.

Rod, glad you enjoyed the movie.

Today I have a meeting after school and we have play tickets for tonight, so it will be straight from school to downtown.

Have a great day!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids! Did a quick 40 mins on the elliptical yesterday (my work outs keep getting shorter and shorter... ) but I was glad I did it once it was over.

Busy day ahead but I''m going to throw some things in the car to eat so I am not tempted by anything *too* bad. I wish the HH would buy just regular peanut butter though because this organic stuff he gets just doesn''t thrill me.

Be back later! Have a good day all!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Tuesday everyone. I have another exam tomorrow so just study for me for the day. I''m going to try and make it to bootcamp too as it finishes on Thursday for this semester. Hopefully I can get all my study done beforehand.

Skippy-hopefully you''ll feel better after the shots. Enjoy your sewing class.

Lorelei-I told D about your trick and he said that he would pretend he didn''t know me if I did that
9.gif

Marcy-hope that Marty''s migraine is gone!Good to hear that he cooked supper though!!

Kim-tacos sound delicious! Hope you enjoyed them

Crown-hope that you''re feeling better. Your bbq sounds delicious!

Rod-I love male frontal nudity
9.gif
Have to go see that movie-the ads are showing on tv over here and it looks very funny. Enjoy rebuilding Rod at the gym today-although I don''t think you need to rebuild yourself-you looked great in that photo!

Octavia-everyone deserves a lazy weekend!

Sparkalicious-I''m engaged 6 months now and the pace still hasn''t slowed down! I adore wedding planning.Glad to hear that the gym is still going well. Best of luck at WW.

Dee*Jay-well done on the elliptical-that''s a really good idea about popping food in the car. I always forget!

Well talk to everyone later!

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all! I hope everyone is having a great day. I've been off the boards a bit because I had my last ice skating lesson on Sunday and officially passed the Adult Level 1 (and got a patch to boot -
emsmilep.gif
). However, I also had my first spill and try as I might, I still couldn't prevent myself from natural instincts of bracing my fall with my hand and I sprained my hand/wrist in the process. Typing has been a bit difficult, to say the least. I'm feeling better each day though and working hard to get the cardio in even though upper body weights will be temporarily on hold. It is a nice day out - I think I may go for a run after work.

Lorelei - As Bee said, great opener - I always look forward to your weekly inspirations! Congrats on the tiny jeans! I'll have to try that trick next time I'm looking for new jeans - thanks!
Bee - Good luck with exams. I too am so excited about the S&TC movie coming out next month. I think I need to dust off the box set and give it a good once through before then
emwink.gif

marcy - Hope Marty's feeling better. BF gets bad migraines a lot too so I know how horrible they can be.
Steph - Definitely avoid the crash dieting - I know it can be tempting. Keep up the good work and the pounds will go away.
Rod - Glad you and Charlie enjoyed the movie. It's always nice to get in some laughs. Hopefully the sushi place relocation won't take too long.
canuk - Wow...snow! I can't even imagine, as we had gorgeous weather this weekend (80F). It is great exercise though
emteeth.gif

Skippy - Good luck with finishing up the robe. I feel you on the allergies. The pollen levels have been insane these last few weeks. Yeah for protein - it definitely helps to carry you through the day, doesn't it?
CJ - The BBQ sounds yummy, as do the lettuce wraps!
Sparkalicious - Yeah for WW! Good luck with the weigh in and know that you'll soon be chipping away at that number, no matter what it is. No place to go but down! I remember myself nearly having a mini-meltdown at the doctor's office a few years back when they told me how much I weighed - I guess I was in serious denial!

Hello Kim, DJ, and all the other WWTers out there! Have a great day!
emhot.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi All! Tonight is muscle hour for me so I hope to get to the gym a little earlier and do a few extra weights before class starts. I am trying my hardest to cut out sodas, urgh. I am sure those chemicals can't be good for us; I am trying to drink more tea.
1.gif

Sewing class was fun but I have homework to do; I need to finish up at home and start cutting out my pajamas pattern. This stuff is a lot of work; I was hoping I would be a pro overnight!
3.gif
2.gif

Thanks for all the kudos on the jeans. . . you all are so inspiring!!!
9.gif

Lorelei, I bet you are riot to go shopping with. hehe

Steph, hope your appt goes well.
12.gif

Marcy, my hubby is used to me being silly/goofy. hehe Thanks for the whoo hooo. Does your skirt you sent back for a smaller one fit; I bet you are close!

Kimberly, yay for a beautiful 40 min walk; I bet you all are having fab weather! I love spring in SD! Thanks, hehe like your song!

CrownJewel, sorry you aren't feeling well; hope you feel better. Your barbecue sounded yummy!

Rod, I love movies that are set in Hawaii; I will have to go see that one! Darn for sushi no. 2 place closing for a bit. Thanks for the kudos! Protein does help; it has super powers. hehe Enjoy your workout tonight!!!

Octavia, yay for your elliptical workout and weights, awesome!

Sparkalicious, Bee and I are WW so if you havie any questions we can try and answer and cheer you on! It is a great program and you can do it!!!! Thanks for the kudos!

DeeJay, yay for the workout! Boy are you busy; I hope you get some free time soon but not too much!

Bee, best wishes on your test! Yay for bootcamp and yay for class finishig, whoo hooo!

PW, yay for the patch for IS!!!! Darn for the sprain; I hope you heal quickly! I can't wait for the SATC movie either!!!

Have a great day all
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Miss Skippy and Miss Marcy!
35.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey all
Sounds like everyone is doing really well! Keep up !!

Yesterday I did half hour walking outside in the morning, then last night I did half hour alternates running 2 mins and walking 1 for half an hour and then did crunches, squats, plie''s , some pilates moves for my abs, weights for my back and arms, and some resistance band moves. That was about 45 mins total.
Today I got up and did half hour walking with grandma again (She can mooove) outside, with 3 lb weights to add some challenge. I''m down another pound from last week WOOO. Tonight I plan to do some yoga and more sculpting/strength moves. It''s also my mom''s bday so I have to figure out a way to avoid cake.
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results