shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 19th Nov till 25th Nov

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, it is cheap there, expensive here!! They have it year round 20 minutes where we live. I take the grandboys. they love it, until they fall on their little tushies.

Linda

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening Everyone.........

Love the pics Skippy. I guess in a way I miss snow. I used to love the anticipation of a big snowfall, then the solitude when it snowed and how silent the world became. Charlie and I are both from Washington D.C., and sometimes the D.C., area get''s hit really hard by snow. The year we moved to Florida (seems like a couple centuries ago) we got hit by two back to back 3 foot snowfalls in 4 days. It was unbelievable and Charlie had to abandon his car in a snowdrift and walk a couple miles in an all out blizzard to get home. This was before cell phones, so I was worried sick as I knew he was heading home, but it was hours before he made it. He was elated, I was a wreck! Anyway, thanks for the pics. I''ll just have to enjoy snow vicariously through my WWT friends who live in colder climates - LOL

Linda, so sorry you''re still not up to eating food. I''m glad you feel a little better, but I hope you are at least having some nutrients to give you strength. Chicken soup cures all, you know!!

Mara, we used to hit the malls on Black Friday too. But, we''re not buying much this year and we just couldn''t face the crowds and lack of parking. I''m utterly amazed at how many stores opened in the middle of the night last night and the people who actually set up tents and camped out for the 4:00 AM openings. Yikes, that''s shopping dedication to the max. One Best Buy here in Tampa actually hosts a turkey dinner with all the trimmings for the people who camp outside their store starting at 6 PM on Thanksgiving. I thought it was just incredible how many people were all set up with either tents or sleeping bags eating their holiday dinner that way.

Hope your movie and then dinner out was fun Kimberly!! What movie did you go see? I''m kind of interested in seeing Enchanted. I''m not a big kid''s movie fan, but it just looks so silly and cute. Maybe just the escape I need??!!

Today was a really nice day. We slept in a bit, then organized our storage unit so the Christmas stuff is in the front. We have like 15 huge boxes of Christmas stuff. We''ve got 12 billion ornaments collected over the years. It takes a full two days to do the tree, but when it''s done it''s really magical. At least to us it is. We love lot''s and lot''s of twinking lights and the bazillion ornments just sparkle. We also use glass beads as our garland, with birds, butterfly''s and candy canes to boot! This will be the first year in three years that we''ve been able to put up our tree. The previous two years we were in one stage of moving, either from our house to the condo, or the condo to Raleigh, so we''re really excited to have the opportunity to have a regular at home holiday this year.

We had turkey sandwiches for lunch, which were oh so good, then coffee at Sbucks, followed be a really good and long workout at the gym. Since it''s Friday, we opted for Sushi instead of leftovers. In our fatter, less healthy days, we would eat leftovers until there wasn''t a crumb left. Tomorrow, we''ll have a turkey dinner for the second time, then whatever isn''t eaten will be trashed, with the exception of the turkey. That will become a big pot of turkey vegetable noodle soup on Sunday! I make enough to have that for a few nights, plus be able to freeze a big portion for later in the winter!

We''ll go to the gym tomorrow, but we''re thinking of skipping Sunday (I''ll go for run if we do) and since Charlie''s taking a whole day off Monday and I''m thinking of taking a 1/2 day off Monday, we''ll go to the gym Monday afternoon.

I hope if you shopped today, you found loads of bargains and enjoyed being in the holiday shopping frenzy. If you took it easy today, I hope you enjoyed that as well!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy day after Turkey Day!!! The HH and I are in Phoenix this week (actually I''m writing from the airport at this minute as we wait for our plane to board so we can go home).

Ate an alarming amount of crap while we were here, bought some very minimal stuff at the sales, and had our hike cut short due to hives of killer bees (I kid you not... ) on Thanksgiving.

Will write more tomorrow. Hope everyone had a great holiday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday! I was very careful eating today and stayed in my calorie limit. I can feel my thighs going down as we speak. Ha Ha.
I had to work today so didn’t get to go shopping but I’m not a fan of big crowds anyway. Tomorrow I hope to go shopping for my Christmas bling. Too bad I wouldn’t let my husband have his PS3 station yet now I’ll have to abide by the same rules on my jewelry. Rats.
PhoenixGirl, thank you for reminding me not to worry so much about fluctuating a few pounds. I think my legs have been getting more toned up from all my walking. I know you understand my frustration. This just makes me more determined to stick to my new found healthy lifestyle.
Mara, I hope you don’t get a cold. The weather there sounds lovely, our high was about 27 today. I wore my cuddle duds to work (under clothing of course). Thank you for your advice to not rely so much on the scale and paying more attention to my body. I agree I need to do more things with weights and try other things; I think mixing it up a bit would be good for my body.
Kimi, I’m glad you got to go on a nice hike with your parents. I think I’ll be doing most of my walking indoors now that winter has set in here.
Mrs Salvo, Zoe in the Christmas hat is adorable.
Skippy, your snow pictures looks great. We had about 5 inches of snow on Tuesday. Since it’s so cold here only about ½ of it has melted. Those are some big flakes in your picture, I think they are so pretty when they are coming down that way.
Linda, I am glad to hear you are feeling better and I hope you are well soon. I was complaining about the cold when we were leaving work today and my husband reminded me I was the one who wanted to live here. I like snow but not the cold or ice. I am glad your grandsons love to skate, I never cared for it being cold blooded all the time.
Rod, you are so right how a good snow can seem to soundproof everything. A new batch of snow is always so pretty. The blizzard Charlie had to walk home in sounds like no fun. My husband was raised in the D.C. area. I am so excited that you get to put up your Christmas tree and decorations. They sound delightful. We were contemplating not putting out tree up this year. We have a tree out front we always decorate but it’s gotten too tall for my husband to decorate. Last year he had to rig a pole to reach the top and since it’s shot up a few more feet, he told me he can’t decorate it anymore. Maybe he’ll put lights up on the house.
DeeJay, killer bees - OMG!!! We had a bee hive on the peak of our roof this summer and kept spraying it. They built it on one of our hooks for Christmas lights. Silly bees. I hope you had a nice flight home.
Take care and have a great weekend.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

Typed a message, lost it.

Marcy, what a wonderful thing your hubby said at Thanksgiving!
Skip, love the pictures.

So I started looknig into a gym membership, but i''m just not ready/willing to spend the money. Anyone have any recommendations for videos that help with muscle toning?

We''re heading home today after a nice visit. Yesterday after our hike we went to the movies, to dinner (1 tamale, 1/2 beans, 1/3 my rice) and then a walk to Longs (I got my Christmas cards).

Have a great day all! I

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
Hi all!

I survived Thanksgiving #2 unscathed...my mom made an obscene amount of food for 6 people but I managed to escape with just a small piece of sugar free apple pie in my doggie pie she always sends home. My grandparents are really getting older and love the leftovers so much that we can always pawn them off on them and totally escape the temptation. I was digging into my grandmas stuffing and inquired about the contents b/c this stuff was soooo yummy. She matter of factly informed us that it has 12 sticks of butter in the one pan of it....it was delicious but I swear I could feel my cholesterol skyrocketing with every forkful and the contents did me in on going for seconds of it for sure. 12 sticks!!! Holy cow! I stuck to plateful of the basics and only did 2nds on the reen bean casserole that i made with 98% FF cream of chicken soup and skim milk (tastes better than the original recipe!).

Last nite I hosted my annual tree trimming party....although no one is actually allowed to trim the tree but me
2.gif
But they all get to sit around and eat. I did everything as low fat and cal as possible and people raved about the food. So I guess you can fool some die hards if the recipe is just right. I made these FAB refried beans in a crock pot that were so good and FF. Then I used some of them for a bean dip. I also made bagel dip, turkey summer sausage, 2% cheese cubes, queso and pumpkin dip. My DF showed up with hot cake for dessert....so that was def full cal but he swears off any healthy food (and never gains a lb...grrrr!). But he was totally fulled by the spread. I never thought I''d pull of the turkey sausage b/c it has a different texture and color but he had no clue. hehehehe.

this morning i met my best friend for breakfast....scrambled eggs and a whole wheat pancake with SF syrup. Yum!

did the turkey trot thanksgiving day with my sister. we did 10k in 58 minutes. it was a fun run and my sister has a major shoulder injury so we were happy with the time. yesterday i did a full hour of cardio at the gym (elliptical/bike). today I may/may not go to the gym depending on how i feel b/c i have worked out the last 6 days.

skippy...love the snow pics!
rod...your tree sounds beautiful.
linda....hoping your feeling better.
marcy....yeah for skinny thighs (that''s always the first place i gain along with my bootie
3.gif
).

enjoy your long weekend!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning everyone!! we have been thoroughly enjoying our holiday weekend. yesterday we went up to my uncle's to see my cousin and her husband who live in LA. she's 4 months preggo and my other cousin (who drove up with us) is 8 months. i'm the lone non preggo wolf! hehe. so we had a turkey lunch up there. on our way out of the house to visit them, we saw our neighbors and i said well if you guys are around later, we have 3 desserts to share if you want to have coffee! so they said well we just put our turkey in the oven, so come over later for dinner! so when we got back home bout 7pm we went over with portia and had our 4th turkey dinner in 3 days! the fun thing about this is that we get to try everyone's version of turkey, stuffing, side dishes. and everyone does things differently. i discovered i don't really like stuffing as much as dressing (stuffing in the bird is too moist for me and makes me feel like i am eating partially digested food!). i have had green beans, brussel sprouts, carrots for veggies. sweet potatoes and mashed. the good thing is that because i know we are going to be eating a lot, i don't overload my plate at all. of course i have multiple desserts though thats the fun hehee. but overall i haven't been STUFFED at all in the 4 meals which is great. we have an absolute ton of leftovers...so we'll be trying to get through those. we are thinking tomorrow night we might go out somewhere for dinner and get seafood hehee. it will be a nice change. i plan to make turkey pot pies with some of our leftover white meat on monday. most of our stuff is not super bad for you so that's nice. it is interesting to go elsewhere and see how people make their food, our friend made some green beans that were so shiny with oils! and my aunt's stuffing def was loaded with butter.

lol tiddy re the stuffing. our dressing has hardly any butter in it but it's still really good. i like really savory items so that means things like mushrooms, sage, sausage, apple etc all mixed together. my mom made a dressing that everyone loved that has figs, dates, mediterranean green olives, thick brioche bread, sausage, pecans. quite yummy and different.

thankfully our desserts are mostly gone. we have about 2 slices of pumpkin pie, 2-3 slices of hazelnut cake (which is my least fave), and one slice of pecan pie left. oh and 1 slice of pumpkin cheesecake left. whew. i have been LOVING the pecan pie big time this year and not so much on the pumpkin which is interesting as it's typically my fave. i think that this one is a little too bland to me this year, i like way more spices in it. i'd probably love charlie's version, rod!

ended up having no time to workout yesterday which i HATED. i really do feel like my muscles tend to atrophy without working out...i don't know why. i felt like i was more sore last nite than the morning and i feel like it's because my muscles didn't get any stretching activity in during the day!! today i am going boutique shopping with my mom so i plan to take my workout stuff and go to the gym from her house and get a workout in. on the other hand it has been nice to relax a little but i know it can't last forever hehee.

also the cold is kind of still trying but so far no real dice. last nite on our drive home i felt kind of crummy and thought oh well that's it, i got it, but then i took some echinacea and felt better so who knows. i'm still not 10000% but i don't feel uber sick so i'll keep my fingers crossed. linda hope you are feeling better, it sucks to not want to eat around thanksgiving but guess you don't have to worry about weight gain hehee. skip your pictures are awesome, how fun and your house is super cute. kim, mexican sounds good right now after all this turkey consumption hehee.

anyway hope everyone is having a great weekend. enjoy!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone and thank you for the get well wishes.

Mara: Your turkey pot pies sound like they are going to be yummmy, bring one over.

Rod: Oh how I would love a bowl of your turkey soup tomorrow. That would make me feel sooooo good.

tdiddy: We will begin to trim our tree tomorrow. I love doing it, DH doesn''t. OH WEll!!

Marcy: Did you get your Christmas bling?

Everyone else, hope you have a great Sunday. DJ: How is Arizona, hope it is warm there, cuz it sure is chilly here.

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, no don't miss snow; I hate when it melts and they salt the roads and your car gets icky. Well it is gone. It was cold today but it is suppose to start warming up tomorrow. Glad you had a great thanksgiving! I didn't know you were from DC!!! DC and SF are my favorite US city's!!! Yikes to the snowdrift and walking home in the blizzard. NM is does not get snowdrifts; that would be crazy. We have nice weather most of the year. Wow, 15 boxes of holiday stuff; I thought we had a lot!

DeeJay, yikes to the killer bees. I guess I missed your earlier post about you out in AZ; what are you doing out there? I bet it is nice out there; not too cold and warm enough.

Marcy, I knew you guys had snow or something. You guys and Denver get snow before we do! Wow 27; that is much colder than us. Yay for getting back on the wagon! What kind of holiday bling?

Hey ya Miss Kimi; glad you liked the pics! The snow melted so it is just cold. Oh a recommendation is the Kathy Smith Lift weights to Lose Weight volume 2. It is a pretty good workout.

Tdiddy, sounds like another healthy Tday! Yay for a low fat tree trimming. Wow, that is awesome on the 10k!!!! I hope your sisters shoulder gets better! Thanks for the compliment!

Mara, glad you saw your cousins! Thanks for the compliment but that isn't my house. It is the neighbors workshop; their house extends further to the right. hehe I hope you don't get sick. Have Greg baby you and make you soup. hehee

Linda, hope you get better; glad you are having Rod make you turkey soup.
2.gif

My cousin and I went walking this morning and it was 36 degrees. It was weird because I got sweaty; I wasn't too bundle up so I don't get it. Tomorrow she wants to go walking again w/me. Have a great Saturday evening all!
41.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey All, just a quick check in. We had a great day. Washed my car this morning, then we had a nice lunch at Panera, followed by coffee under the oak and then a really long and productive workout. We've gotten to know one of the local newsguys from the Fox network and he was there this afternoon, so we'd workout some, chat some, workout some and chat again. I guess it slowed us down as we wound up being there nearly 3 hours. Then we headed home and I cleaned the meat off the turkey and put the bones in to start the soup.

Skippy, this picture is for you........Since you posted one of snow, I thought this picture taken tonight from our balcony of the brigthest full moon over Tampa Bay would be a nice balance to your snow scene!! And we were outside in shorts and a t-shirt having dinner and wine too!

We're going to head back out to Starbucks and take our pumkin pie with us to enjoy with our coffee!!

Kimberly, I see there are fires again in San Diego. Are they near you and John again?

DSC_02861.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, don't tell me about shorts and tshirt weather
3.gif
Thanks for the gorgeous pic!!!! Since you are such a sweetie, I will make sure I post some more snow pics this winter. hehee
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG... so... tired... Just spend HOURS at the mall. Such a bad idea the weekend after Thanksgiving but I have so little free time now (especially on weekends) that I though I should take advantage of it. I bought LOTS of gifts (they are currently sitting all over the living room and dining room awaiting their homes inside tittue lined boxes...) I didn''t think shopping counted as a workout, but after lugging all that stuff around the mall I have changed my mind!

The HH made potato leek soup, salmon croquettes, and couscous for dinner.

Must either start wrapping or just give in and go to bed RIGHT NOW. Those are the only two choices, LOL.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, you're a madwoman for shopping today!
Skip, sweating means you got in a good work out! Santa and the Three Bears used to be on every year at Thanksgiving. It's a darling movie about Jacoby, Shanok, (sp??) little bears who don't want to hibernate because they want to see Santa. We used to go to my dad's oldest sisters' house for TDay every year and after dinner my sister and I would always go up to her bedroom, watch this movie and then fall asleep. I haven't seen it in several years (they don't show it on TV anymore I don't think, but here's a link to it on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Santa-Three-Bears/dp/B0002JELVS/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1195956931&sr=8-1

Rod, the fires are up in Malibu, nothing by us so far (fingers and toes crossed!). What a gorgeous picture!

John is making English peas, salad and steak for dinner.

No tips on workout tapes for arms and core? I'm suprised!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2007 9:11:59 PM
Author: KimberlyH
DeeJay, you''re a madwoman for shopping today!
Skip, sweating means you got in a good work out! Santa and the Three Bears used to be on every year at Thanksgiving. It''s a darling movie about Jacoby, Shanok, (sp??) little bears who don''t want to hibernate because they want to see Santa. We used to go to my dad''s oldest sisters'' house for TDay every year and after dinner my sister and I would always go up to her bedroom, watch this movie and then fall asleep. I haven''t seen it in several years (they don''t show it on TV anymore I don''t think, but here''s a link to it on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Santa-Three-Bears/dp/B0002JELVS/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1195956931&sr=8-1

Rod, the fires are up in Malibu, nothing by us so far (fingers and toes crossed!). What a gorgeous picture!

No tips on workout tapes for arms and core? I''m suprised!
I posted to you up above. I said Miss Kimi in my post to ya. I really like Kathy Smith Lift Weights to Lose weight 2; arms and part of the dvd is core. Hope that helps
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening all!

Just a quick check in as I have to get ready for Greg''s concert tonite. Went shopping with my Mom today in these small towns, hit up a bunch of home decor boutiques that have all their Christmas stuff out. I got some super cute stuff. One store we spent almost an hour in because it had SO much stuff!! It was quite fun, even though I felt tired from this cold trying to get me. We had a coffee and a pastry as well. I worked out at home before I went to meet her, 20-30 min of jump rope, abs, kickboxing, arms while watching my soap operas hehee. Wanted to go for a walk tonite but when I got home I was too tired, so we just hung out and relaxed and had leftovers for early dinner. I''m really enjoying being home a lot this holiday and getting some quality relaxation time in...sometimes it feels like we are always on the go!!!

Speaking of on the go, gotta go get ready...hope everyone had a great Saturday!! We are going to put up our big tree for downstairs tomorrow as it''s a fakey (though a nice one) and it goes in front of our french doors in our downstairs living room, so it''ll be good to get that taken care of so that next weekend we just do the real family room one which is the one I love!!

Plan to workout tomorrow in some way, either a long 4m walk or a gym workout or both if I am up to it!!

Kimi...I don''t do tapes for arms or core, I just know what my trainer has taught me so I just do that. Really I think once you can have someone show you how to do things, you don''t need a tape or anything to remember it. Also online on youtube.com there are a ton of workout videos that people upload...you can even get a Zumba video on there! So I would check that out.

Have a great evening all!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2007 9:44:41 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 11/24/2007 9:11:59 PM
Author: KimberlyH
DeeJay, you''re a madwoman for shopping today!
Skip, sweating means you got in a good work out! Santa and the Three Bears used to be on every year at Thanksgiving. It''s a darling movie about Jacoby, Shanok, (sp??) little bears who don''t want to hibernate because they want to see Santa. We used to go to my dad''s oldest sisters'' house for TDay every year and after dinner my sister and I would always go up to her bedroom, watch this movie and then fall asleep. I haven''t seen it in several years (they don''t show it on TV anymore I don''t think, but here''s a link to it on amazon:

No tips on workout tapes for arms and core? I''m suprised!
I posted to you up above. I said Miss Kimi in my post to ya. I really like Kathy Smith Lift Weights to Lose weight 2; arms and part of the dvd is core. Hope that helps
9.gif
Sorry, Stephanie, I''m in a bit of a daze today. I feel like someone filled my head with fog...not so pleasant. Thanks for the tip!

You too, Mara. I hadn''t even thought to check out youtube.

I''ve looked at Amazon and will let you know what I decide on and what I think of it when I get there. It''s time for me to start focusing on toning now that the weight is gone.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don't be sorry Kimi. Keep us posted on what you get. I agree w/Mara that I have seen some stuff floating around too on the internet; especially core stuff.

Sweet dreams all. I am watching White Christmas right now on ABC Family
9.gif
I love old movies!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Rod, what a gorgeous scene. You and Charlie are so lucky to sit out on your patio and see that every evening. I can just imagine what it looks like in the morning.

Linda

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy and Rod, what gorgeous pictures! I love snow, but I also love the tropics, so both were appealing to me. I used to spend the holidays on the panhandle of FL with my parents and bro....we would decorate the fake ficus tree in our condo with white lights and ornaments, and watch the boat parade from our balcony. Some of my favorite Christmas memories are those years when we left the frozen midwest to go somewhere warm.

So here I am in the frozen midwest again...it''s not yet frozen but feels like it will get that way soon. I have been so ill the last week that I was not able to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner at all, I drove my DH and his parents out to my SIL''s and back, I only ate a little (some veggies, and one cookie for dessert was all I could handle or was hungry for), and I''ve been sort of bedridden since. I skipped out of work yesterday, went in today and got kicked out by my boss by 3:30. My cough is still horrible! I went to the Minute Clinic within the CVS drugstore close to work as soon as I left today and they diagnosed me with the good ol'' upper respiratory infection and gave me a z-pack. I''m sure I''ll be back to good within a couple days. Til then nothing but more rest for moi!

I soooo wish I was in FL soaking up some humidity right now, but unfortunately I''m not and the humidifier will have to do! Plus a microwaved wet wash cloth over my face...no workouts for me for another few days.

Thanks for listening to me drone on about my illness... I am rarely sick but lord knows when I am I REALLY am down for the count. Cross all your crossable parts for me that I am better within the next two days--I really cannot afford to lose more time from work!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. We went to Denver to finish Christmas shopping for each other today. I naturally picked bling and bling. I upgraded my diamond studs (from ½ to ¾ tcw) and my sapphire studs (from .70 to .96 tcw) and picked out a ring to be made. The band is about 1/3 inch wide with 3 channel set diamonds on each side (.18 tcw) and the stone is a RB green sapphire 1.15 ct. A lot of my clothes are hunter green and so the green sapphire will match them really well. It’s funny you’d think being 135 pounds smaller I’d like smaller jewelry but I am leaning towards larger jewelry now. I liked 4mm studs before and now I like 5mm studs. I used to like 5mm round and 6x4 ovals in rings now I like larger ones. It’s a good think I can upgrade my jewelry as long as it costs more. Woo hoo for upgrades.
They had some drop dead gorgeous and huge tanzanite, tsavorite and sapphires in Tiffany’s. They must have the big bling in for Christmas. It was fun to look at it.
Eating wise was okay today. We ate BF at Minis so I ate ½ of a low fat BB muffin, 1 piece of bacon, about ½ of an egg and a few bites of potato. For lunch / supper we split some fries and I had about 2/3 of a plain cheeseburger. I did have to get a cookie at the Nestle Toll House store.
Kimi, sorry you lost your long message. My husband said something else sweet tonight. Between the jewelers and the mall today I walked about 7 hours and he said he was so excited to see me able to walk that much now. The last time we were at that mall was July and I walked about 4 hours and was pretty sore. Have a safe trip going home.
Tdiddy, my arteries hardened just thinking about 12 sticks of butter in one dish. I watched the bio on Paula Dean and one of her sons said her favorite ingredient in food was butter. Yay for making low fat food for the party and how wonderful no one noticed. It sounds like you and your sister did marvelous at the turkey trot. Congratulations.
Mara, you are really making the rounds getting a variety of turkey dinners. I love dressing that bakes in a pan and is crispy. I hope that cold gives up and goes away. Your huge Christmas tree sounds lovely.
Linda, have fun decorating the tree tomorrow. Yes, I got some Christmas bling so I am pretty excited. I tried to tell my DH coming home I’d let him have his salt mill for a pair of earrings; he didn’t go for it. Then he said he’d let me have one pair of earrings for his PS3 station. Maybe there is a deal in the making. LOL. I got absolutely NO sympathy that I won’t have my diamond studs or sapphire studs for a month. He’s acting like I have other earrings I can wear.
Skippy, the car showed 22 coming home tonight. We parked on the roof at the mall so when we left I was glad we bought my husband a wool coat for Christmas, I wore it to the car. I upgraded earrings and got a new ring for my Christmas Bling. I’m glad you were bundled up for your walk in the cold today; does it get windy there? It''s usually windy here and that always makes it feel colder.
Rod, your picture of the full moon is awesome. Be sure to check again Monday night; the bright star by the Moon that night will be Mars. Mars is getting close to Earth so will be brightening over the next few weeks.
DeeJay, yay for a workout shopping. It sounds like you found a lot of goodies to buy. I was very proud of myself not buying any clothes today. I told my mother I have so many things to choose from now it’s hard to decide what to wear. Monarch, sorry to hear you are so sick. The Z pack worked wonders for me a few years ago when I got bronchitis. I hope you get better soon.
Well, I must get to bed and dream of ways to get at least one pair of earrings before Christmas. Since they were upgrades it is kind of like they aren’t something totally new, right?
Sweet dreams and have a Great Sunday.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good morning everyone! This is the first time I''ve really had a minute to sit down and check the computer....sounds like everyone had a great Turkey Day! We are having such a great time with family here in Atlanta. Adam and I are going out to dinner tonight for our 5 year anniversary (which is next week, but we have babysitters here!) and I will have to report back in later when I have more time, but I will say, I got some new blingage while I was here hehehhe, I know, I''m a tease! Anyway, Hope everyone is doing great, I haven''t weighed myself yet, but I''m pretty sure there has been some damage done, but I will be back on track when we return home. I got sooo much Christmas shopping done on Friday, I''m almost finished with my whole list! Anyway, I''ll check in again when we''re back home tomorrow! Have a great day, everyone!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

Hope everyone is having a relaxing Sunday. I think we''re going to buy our Christmas tree today, we''ve decided to have a live tree and plant it when the holiday is over, and do a little shopping.

I''m making dinner, not sure what yet.

Have a great day! Stephanie, happy anniversary, enjoy your dinner out.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monnie,

Sending wishes for a speedy recovery your way. I am thinking of you. NO fun to be sick. Ick.

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got back from a 4.5 mile walk w/my cousin
3.gif
. She misses our walks together so she was glad to do it 2 days in a row. We are planning on doing it next weekend too. It is in the mid 40's and sunny. I am sure it will warm up next week and it was nice to have snow for a couple of days. I made a cabbage, onion, carrots and green pea soup this morning. I need more veggies and the pie is almost gone, yay! I wanted to toss it but hubby wouldn't let me; I can't believe it is already Sunday!

DeeJay, glad you made it home safely and got a lot of shopping done! Sounds like a yummy dinner!

Rod and Mrs. Salvo it is DHW tonight!!!! Yay!

Tdiddy, I love the new avatar. I listen the cbs claymation series as my fav holiday movies in the christmas movie thread.

Kimi, I think I saw Santa and the three Bears. I am so excited for all the holiday movies! What ugly ornament are you going to make this year?? hehee

Mara, how was the concert? I love home decor boutiques for cute Christmas stuff. We have a fake tree and love it; it works great!

Linda, hope the flu is gone for you and hubby!

Monnie, I hope you feel better soon; the zpack helps! Glad you are resting!

Marcy, yay for shopping and bling. How far are you from Denver?

Steph, glad you had a great holiday; happy anni!

Happy Sunday all
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
afternoon all!!

concert was lovely, it was a christmas cantata called Hodie with orchestra and choir in a beautiful old cathedral in downtown. afterwards we met up with a friend of ours who plays in the orchestra with greg and had drinks and some food with her new boyfriend and his mom. greg and i shared a lobster bisque and a dungeness crab louie for a late dinner. i ate more of the salad than soup.

this morning we got up and went to meet some friends for brunch. walked over about 1/2 mile, shared french toast and egg white omelet, sausage, biscuit. verra tasty. now he''s taking a nap and then he''ll pull out our fakey downstairs tree and we''ll do some decor stuff today. the rest next week when we get our real live tree for our family room.

we''ll also do a walk with portia and then probably leftovers for dinner! i''ll do turkey pot pies tomorrow most likely. i am also thinking about making some chocolate chip cookies but it''d be safer not to hehee.

hope everyone is enjoying their last day of thanksgiving freedom before returning to the grind. today i also am going to do some online xmas shopping and take advantage of the thxgiving deals that are all going to end tonite!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
mara, have you posted your turkey pot pie recipe on here? I still have a ton of turkey left and would love to try it. hubby is not a big soup eater or i would have just used the rest in a yummy soup.

skippy, can''t wait for DHW''s tonight..will be thinking of you and Rod while wondering why I still watch that show
9.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening everyone.........

Monnie, I''m so sorry to hear you''re feeling so poorly. I''m glad they got you on the Z-Pack and your boss sent you home! You rest up and feel better soon! I wish you were here soaking up some Florida warmth too!! Your memories of Christmas in the Panhandle sounded terrific. We love the lighted boat parades at Xmas here in the Tampa area too. Some people are so imaginative when they decorate their boats!

Yay for a 4.5 mile walk Skippy. I''m looking forward to seeing more snow pics this winter!! And to tease you, I''ll post more tropical pics just for you!! Yes, it is DHW tonight!! I guess there''s going to be a tornado on tonights show so I''m thinking someone get''s knocked off??

Linda, our exposure from our primary terrace is eastern, so we get spectacular sunrises. We also have a western terrace on the back of our conod, so we get some pretty terrific sunsets too!

Enjoy you anniversary dinner Steph!! Glad you''re having such a good time in Atlanta........

Kimberly, I''m so glad the fires are far from you. It''s got to be so frightening when a fire can become so huge so fast.

Sounds like you had a terrific shopping spree Marcy. Will there be surprises under your tree, or do you know everything Santa is bringing you? Your upgrades sound very nice indeed!!

We had a really nice day today. Nothing out of the usual for a Sunday. The weather was just plain maginificent. It was about 83 degrees, low humidity, puffy white clouds, slightly breezy and just so nice you wanted to be out the entire day. We had coffee under our oak and we really lingered over that cup of coffee as it was just pleasant to be there. We finally hit the gym around 3 PM and this was our 3rd day in a row to workout, so we''re really looking forward to a day of rest tomorrow! Nothing unusual to report about our workout. So, I won''t bore you with any details there.

Throughout the day, I continued to work on my huge pot of turkey noodle vegetable soup. It turned out absolutely terrific and was so nice and thick and hearty. It''s almost stew like, which I really like. We each had two bowls and some toasted french baguette too! I made enough to freeze some for sometime this winter.

That''s about all the news I can think of. I hope you all had a terrific weekend! Again, feel better Monnie!

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone on this thread use sparkpeople.com to track their food/workouts? Spark recommended that my caloric intake be 1260-1610 calories per day. Ranges always scare me because I think, can I lose weight eating at the high end of the range? At the same time, I know that it''s better to lose weight slowly and will be easier overall to eat at the higher range. Has anyone used sparkpeople.com here and been successful? Thanks.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Lindsay,

I made my own spreadsheet in excel to track calories. And if you're exercising regularly you should eat on the high end of your range. I lost 10-13 lbs, depending on the day, and have maintained eating between 1500-1700 calories a day.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am very sorry to see the weekend come to an end. I didn’t get much done around the house except laundry. We went to our local mall today to pick up a few things. I made french toast for breakfast and we had roast beef and mashed potatoes for dinner. We finished our evening with some slow churned ice cream. I made extra potatoes so we have some leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
Steph, I’m glad you are having a wonderful time in Atlanta. Yay for getting some bling and getting most of you Christmas shopping done. I am close to being finished too. Happy Anniversary next week.
Kimi, that’s a great idea to use a live tree for Christmas then plant it when you are done. We had to buy a fake tree due to allergies. I miss the live trees though.
Linda, I hope you are well by now. I think I’m getting a cold. Rats.
Skippy, I’m glad you and your cousin got to go for a nice, long walk today. We live about 100 miles from Denver so we can be there in about 90 minutes.
Mara, the concert sounds really nice. Funny you should mention cc cookies; I almost picked up some new cc today; they are premium dark chocolate. But I decided it was safer to leave them in the store.
MrsSalvo, enjoy DHW tonight. I usually am grading a lot of papers on Sunday night so I don’t watch much TV then.
Rod, you can’t beat that having great views of sunrises and sunsets. That is living! There are usually some small surprises under the tree for us but we generally pick out our own big presents. Your turkey soup sounds divine. I make chicken or beef noodle soup on many of our cold, snowy days. I love homemade noodles.
Lindsey, I joined sparkpeople last summer but I’d already lost a ton of weight by then. I actually track my calories in my head and write them down here and there.
Well, I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a terrific week. Sweet Dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results