shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 19th Nov till 25th Nov

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, that painting is incredible, I really love it!!! I think you did an excellent job on the palm tree!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Thanks Marcy and KQ for saying my openers are helpful.
35.gif

CJ, good for you for trying to help the lady in your office, I hope she is able to learn better ways of eating in time.

Well the weather is totally pants today, drizzly rain non stop, so it is downright miserable. It seems like we haven''t had any daylight today....Yuck.

I hope to do a few weights later, then spend some time ellipticising ( Rod
9.gif
) later!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
rod that painting is too cool!!!! i love it. bet you guys are looking fwd to thxgiving in your comfortable home this year eh?? no more moving around!

yay gail for looser rings...so have you been losing weight? i know you were kind of stuck for a while, sounds like even if the scale hasn't moved, your bf is probably lower if your pants are loose. that's awesome!

skip, wow getting ready for the xmas tree? hehe. we are hosting thxgiving and i don't want to do anything special in the way of decor because i'm too excited about xmas. i have a huge pallet of decor under the house so this coming weekend we'll do a garage reorg and greg will pull out my pallet too. i was thinking of getting our tree next wkd (the dec 2nd weekend) but maybe we'll do it this wkd. guess we'll see how we feel.

cj good for you on helping the gal at your office even if maybe she's not in the right spot mentally to listen just yet. she might come around. funny because my trainer was telling me last nite she is taking some sort of nutrional health class for some certification and she says as she learns about all the different things that make up food and what our bodies need etc, she is becoming more interested in eating right for you things than wrong. she said she always thinks of me when she is reading about calories and stuff, because i am her only client who is really *interested* in that stuff, she said everyone else is just like yeah okay i'll do what you tell me but they don't really understand what it all means.

so went to the trainer last nite, we did arms/upper body and a LOT of abs. has anyone done manual ab work? it's a killer..and highly recommended. you need 2 people to do it so that's why i like doing it with the trainers. basically the jist is that you are doing situps and crunches and obliques but you've got someone applying reverse pressure on you so it's not just your body weight you have to worry about, but you have to stabilize yourself too. so it's kind of fun yet painful at the same time! so we did a bunch of manual work and then we did some ball abs which were hard but i could see how they'd be effective. i have a ball at home so i can do the ball ones myself as well.

i really wanted to do more cardio yesterday because we had chinese food for lunch out with the group, it was family style and i didn't eat a lot volume wise but i know how bad chinese is for you so i wasn't ubrer in love with it. then i had a few small reeses candies and 2 servings of honey roasted peanuts! not a killer of a day but just not the healthiest either. mentally i'm already in thanksgiving splurgey mood. so last nite i ate light, grilled cheese with turkey and a cup of bean and ham soup. 1/4 of a cup of peppermint gelato for dessert.

today i am going to the work gym later. we signed up for the turkey trot. we have the option of doing the 5k or 10k. i am going to try for the 10k but not try to push it too hard. it will take me about 2 hours most likely. the drag for greg and my dad is that they are doing the 10k but running it all the way so they'll be done within the hour and it will take my mom and me more like and hour and a half. so they have to wait around, hahaa. or maybe we'll just tell them to head back to our house when they are done. we live within walking distance of the race area which is fun. and surprisingly a ton of people turn out for it.

it's funny because when i ask people if anyone is doing it, everyone is like 'hell no!'..is it so far fetched to think that people might want to get some activity in on a major eating holiday? i like doing the race because it's fun to be around so many other like minded people and there's a certain energy about a holiday run, but also because of the health benefit and really the knowledge that by doing that, i can eat whatever later and not worry a bit! also i think 1/3 of the proceeds from our registrations go to charities. i almost feel like, why doesn't everyone do something like this? hehe. even a 5k...that's totally doable. also, the race doesn't even start til 9 which is late for these types of races, so at least we don't have to get up at 7am going 'why'...hehee.

so anyway i am glad we are doing something that day. then thxgiving is at our house at 4pm so we have to be alert and coherent by early afternoon to be sure everything is ready hehee.

glad to hear people are going to try some of the veggies i suggested. i am a veggie lover but i like doing diff things rather than the old staples!!

skip here is what i put in my mashed potatoes, but seriously it's so basic!! i think that everyone likes it because i add a fair amount of butter and sour cream so they are very creamy. i do use fat free milk and light sour cream so at least they are only 1/2 as bad for you. hehe.

yukon gold potatoes
light sour cream
butter (or light butter or whatever you want to use but real butter does taste the best!)
chopped parsley
salt, pepper
2% milk (or fat free)

mash boiled, skinned potatoes with the above to taste. i probably put in more sour cream than butter and milk as i like the texture it gives. put parsley in last. don't overmash or else they will get tough, just mix til all creamy and fluffy. to reheat, add a bit of butter and milk into bowl and heat up in microwave, then remix when warm.

i have also experimented with wasabi mashed potatoes (aka just add in some powdered wasabi and a bit more sour cream than butter); garlic mashed potatoes (mix in garlic powder or roasted garlic puree); and bleu cheese mashed potatoes (mix in crumbled bleu cheese when potatoes are hot so that cheese gets all melty and mixed in well, more butter than sour cream)....but for me the favorite is the old staple recipe up above!!

hi monnie & kayak queen!! sounds like everyone is doing quite well this week, in spite of the holiday. my goal is just not to gain any weight between now and new years...if i can do that i will be happy. even if i put on 1 or 2lbs that is okay because i know i can get it off...and i plan to just keep up with my workout schedule.

happy tuesday all!

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Hope everyone is having a good week! I''ve been hanging out in the Trying to Conceive thread, and in that spirit, my husband and I have been trying to eat healther and get in some more activity! We joined a really nice gym that I like much more than our previous gym (Gold''s) and I am ashamed to admit that apparently being a member of a nicer gym makes me want to go more.
11.gif
Not that Gold''s Gym is bad, this new gym just has a lot of froo froo stuff that I actually like, lol.

Yesterday I had my first private pilates session, and I loved it! Which is really saying something, because there is really no form of exercise that I like, I''ve always been jealous of folks who love gymming it up. In fact I was at the gym bright and early at 6:30 a.m. yesterday for my session and I looked at the people who were in the gym at 6:30 a.m. with a mix of admiration/disgust, ha! I was diagnosed with bone cancer four years ago, had MAJOR surgery in my pelvis, an internal hemi-pelvectomy (they removed half of my pelvis, and bridged my hip bone to my tail bone with my right fibula, one of the two bones in each of your calfs.) So I have a lot of muscle weakness on my right side, as the surgery cut some of the hip muscles on my right side. I am really excited about the pilates because the instructor was really accurate judging what was going on on my right side. She could see which muscles were failing me, and she was right. So we are going to work on strengthing my core muscles, but particularly my hips/legs.

The only downside to pilates is that since it is supposed to strengthen all of those little muscles that help you sit or hold your head up... is that after your workout, your muscles get tired of you sitting and holding your head up, haha! I was sitting at my desk like "aghhhh my muscles are tired of holding my head up!" It was the funniest feeling. It''s not like when you work your arms with weights and they''re sore the next day when you do stuff with your arms. When you wear out your muscles that are used when you''re just sitting... you feel your muscles burning while you''re just sitting! But I am excited about it. I paid for 8 more sessions which will last me a month, so we''ll see how that goes.

On the food front, we''re doing well. I have re-discovered Mccann''s steel cut oatmeal which I love, love, love. Like everyone else I saw it on Oprah a while ago, tried it, but then was annoyed at the time it took to finish cooking. I guess I''ve just gotten over it, because the result is so worth it. My new favorite breakfast is a glass of ice cold milk with a hot bowl of steel cut oatmeal topped with wanuts and dried cherries, and drizzled with honey! It''s getting cold and dreary here, and this breakfast really cheers me up! Other meals are a lot of salads, I''m trying to get a lot of fruit and veggies in.

Oh I forgot I''ve also been working out with a personal trainer, and I was wondering what everyone else pays for a personal training session? I know that prices vary, but I''m just curious, I think what I pay is pretty pricey. Plus I am going to have to choose the normal trainer vs. the pilates trainer because I cannot afford both!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

Mara, I''m jealous you have a turkey trot, there isn''t one where my parents live so we''ll have to come up with our own exercise. My mom suggested we go for a hike, I''m all for it, but I doubt it will happen on Thanksgiving day. Participating in a walk/run would be my preference, I''m bummed. Oh well.

I''m taking the day off to get ready to wrap everything I need to do up before we head out tomorrow. I have a huge school project to finish, I need to do laundry and bake cookies for our neighbors to wish them a happy Thanksgiving. My first batch was a disaster (a new recipe that I''ve decided just sucks as I followed it to the letter).

Hope everyone has a great day!

jas

Brilliant_Rock

Right, so I was going to write this long, passionate, detailed post about the last two weeks and how hubby and I are now working out together a few days a week and eating beautifully and all that...I was actually crafting the post in my head...

And last night at about 8:30 I got into a car wreck (not due to my musing about the post). It was just me, fortunately. Hit a slick spot on a major expressway (The Edens, for those of you who I totally inconvenienced last night), spun, hit a SEMI, spun and hit the median. I had one of those "Gosh, I think I''m about to die" moments. Got a ride in the ambulance strapped on the giant board, neck brace, etc.

I know -- my posts are always so UPLIFTING! But wait, here''s the kicker (i.e. gallows humor)

they of course have to ask me my height and weight...I tell them...almost embarrassed about my weight (remember, I''m still hovering around my high) and they were like, "I *wish* I weighed that little." Which for some stupid reason, while I''m strapped there, staring at the ceiling, waiting for my DH, made me laugh really hard. Because honestly, those extra five pounds just didn''t matter and it''s not like the Ambulance Dudes grunted when they lifted the gurney. (Yes, my priorities were a little fubar)

I *do* know that I am going to be in a lot of pain for a long time. Apparently my "mild" scoliosis is going to play a factor in my back pain. Once I can, I will be working to improve my back and ab muscles, as well as my shoulders.

And the worst part about this all -- I was NOT wearing clean underwear. For God''s sake. I had on Spanx and was going commando underneath. Not that the Spanx were soiled or anything, but I got the giggles when I realized that my mother was right about that sort of thing.

So, all in all, giant welt/knot on my forehead that will eventually become a huge bruise that will also drain and make me look like I have a black eye. Lots of muscle pain. Lots of bruises, especially on my knees, which I apparently banged together. Still alive.

A big part of my inability to regain control of the car once I lost it was because I am so tired that my reaction time is nil. Sleep depravation is just terrible for driving. Now that will be a major part of my health regime too.

On the total upside, I have lots more time to post. :) Now I just have to catch up on this week''s thread. And last week.

So, what have I learned?

1. Ice is good
2. EMT guys don''t think I''m particularly funny when I''m cracking jokes while they are trying to get my information.
3. Nurses, however, think I AM funny when I''m cracking jokes while they are trying to get my information.
4. I crack too many jokes.
5. Wear underwear.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Jas, thank goodness you are ok.
6.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2007 1:19:05 PM
Author: Lorelei
OMG Jas, thank goodness you are ok.
6.gif
That is exactly what I was thinking, reading about hitting a semi and the median!!! I hope you aren't in too much pain. Lots of hugs and prayers outgoing for a speedy recovery!
emrose.gif
I am thankful you are safe.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
jas, i''m so sorry to hear about your accident. wishing you a speedy recovery.

i am coming down with a cold, not much else to report. i have been trying to keep up with my workout schedule, but i was so tired yesterday that i skipped it.

happy thanksgiving all.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas: I am so sorry about your accident, I do hope you feel better soon. Please take care of yourself.

Mara: Your potatoes sound delicious. OK, you only live a little over an hour from me, we are coming to your house for dinner, ha ha ha ha. You make food sound soooooooooooooo wonderful!!

Well, DH came down with the flu last night, so we will see if he is OK by Thanksgiving. If not, I will have to go t my mom''s anyway because I am doing the cooking.

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas,

I read your post so fast, I had to reply again. YES, always wear underwear, ha ha ha.

My God girl, you are so lucky to be alive!!!

We are all thinking of you and wishing you well.

Love, Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miss Mara, you rock!!! Thanks for the recipe; I know I am like Linda. . . I totally want to taste your cooking. You sound like you have fun cooking too! Whoo hoo for the manual abs! I love peppermint ice cream/gelato! I bought the slow churned peppermint but never saw it after that. Oh well.

Linda, I hope your hubby feels better soon. Stuff is really going around. I am w/you I want to go over to Mara's too. hehee

Lindsay, that is awesome you and your hubby are working out and eating healthy!

Kimi, best wishes on the school project. That is so sweet that you are making your neighbors cookies, oh no about the 1st batch.

Shortblonde, rest; that is best when fighting something. Hope you feel better.

Kayak, I will be happy to put up an ornament for ya
2.gif
ETA: thanks for your recipe too!

Steph, whoo hoo for the morning run! Wow, 5am! ETA: thanks for the new recipes!

ETA: Lorelei, yay for the workout!!

Hey Monnie!

Marcy, you are tiny! Yay for size 12 awesome!

Tonight I am doing my muscle hour workout at the gym and of course my friend will be in class so that makes class even better. hehee
I haven't been sleeping too well so I might take a nap. Happy Tuesday. . . almost Turkey/Ham day!
3.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to see you SB
35.gif

Workout is done, did 30 mins ellip and 30 mins light weights and it went well, really enjoyed my workout
16.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
SB, sorry you are coming down with a cold, hope you feel better soon. Why does everything hit, right before the holidays???
14.gif

Linda

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas, OMG you poor thing. I''m so glad that although you are banged up your are alive and resting. what a scary thing to have happen.....

rod, love the painting, you have such an amazing gift..

not much to report here. getting ready to host thanksgiving so just been prepping for that. keeping up with the walks but not much else as i just don''t have time to get to the gym and my oldest is off school this week so it''s back to toting 2 munchkins around 24/7.

hope all of you have a great day!!

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
Oh Jas, I''m so sorry about your accident. I hope you have a fast recovery. I''m glad you are having such a positive outlook on the whole situation! You are very lucky. Btw, you have thoughly put the fear of being sans-undies in my head.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hello all...wow thread is busy today!!!

JAS so sorry to hear about your accident, yikes, take care of yourself!!! you seriously need some R&R!
marcy, yay for a size 12, that is so amazing! pretty soon you'll be a size 4!
skip and linda, haha come on over!! we will probably have enough food to feed an army!
sb, sorry to hear you are feeling sick, something is totally going around here at work too so i am hoping not to get it!

so despite my best intentions today to eat all light in anticipation of holiday goodness, since work is kind of a drag this week and slow to boot, i suggested our team go for lunch at this place i have been DYING to try for weeks now. i have seen it featured on yelp.com all the time and keep thinking OMG i have to go there. it's called Sugar Butter Flour and it's a bakery but they also do lunch during the week and a brunch on Sundays. very limited options but it was really just a thinly veiled attempt to get some pastries in me. hehee. so we all jaunt over to this place, and we were so pleasantly surprised! it is a small bakery but they take very good care of you. i had 1/3 of a tuscan chicken sandwich and 1/3 of a croque monseiur...yummy! veggies on the side. and then we got some goodies to go, a slice of banana walnut bread, pumpkin bread, mini chocolate croissant and slice of sour cream coffee cake for me and greg to nosh on over the next few days. and a 8" pumpkin cheesecake for dessert tomorrow night. and everyone got one thing to bring back and share. so i got an individual 3" round pumpkin cheesecake and passed it around. my coworker got a chocolate pyramid which is choco mousse and cake entirely covered in dark chocoalte shell, and another gal got tiramisu. so we all tasted each others goodies. YUM! the pumpkin cheesecake was the clear winner which makes me so excited to have it tomorrow night for dessert.

guess thanksgiving is starting early! hehe. i am hitting up the gym in about an hour, so i'll do an extra 10 min on the elliptical with intervals to get rid of the tastes of the sweets i ate...hehee. then i have to head over to whole foods and pick up our turkey and anything else i still need to get. dinner tonite will most likely be TJ's pizzas that i have in the fridge, though i would really like something a little less carby so we'll see what i feel like.

hope everyone is having a good day!

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
JAS, i''m so glad to hear that you are ok! in college i worked at the city ER and if i had a dollar for every time someone rolled in commando or sans bra i would be able to retire now. hopefully your car survived...or you get to pick out a really fab new one if it didn''t.

MARA, i would be SOOO in trouble at any place called Butter Sugar Flour. the name is adorable....but if it accurately reflects the contents i''d likely have to roll myself home. i''ve got the 10k turkey trot coming up, too. it''s supposedly the oldest one in the country...going on 98 years i think. so it''s super popular. i think more than 10,000 people ran it last year. although anytime i ask someone if they are doing it i get the same "No way" reaction. i think it''s the perfect excuse to eat more later. people dress up for it and last year one lady sewed a fake pumpkin pie to each butt cheek of her running shorts....i thought that was hilarious!

a size 12 MARCY? that is so cool!

love the painting ROD - you should be proud of it and hang that baby in a place that prominently displays it. plus it''s nice that you worked on it together.

SKIPPY, your cheerful posts always make me smile so i''m just saying "Hi!"

i survived thanksgiving round 1, which my family celebrated sunday. i drank a liter of water on the way there and ate a big breakfast so i wasn''t that hungry. my strategy with the water worked well. and it also helped that they were running low on mashed potatoes and forgot to put the rolls out. oh, and one of the kids proceeded to stick his fingers in the whipped cream bowl and try some out. so that removed the whipped cream on pumpkin pie option for me b/c i was completely grossed out by it. i really have tried to stay on the low side for cals yesterday and today as my holiday will likely start tomorrow with a lunch get together and evening plans. but i have and will continue to work out each day. so hopefully i will maintain for the week. the hard part will be the 3 tree trimming appetizer and alcohol parties over the weekend....apps are my weakness. my strategy will be 1 plateful that way you know exactly how much you ate and have a set cut off point. we''ll just have to see how many apps i can cram onto one plate
11.gif

anyway, i might not get to check in tomorrow so if i don''t then happy thanksgiving to all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Okay, first things first. I got to the scale this morning and am 2 pounds up. Aak! I was very careful today and will try to be careful the rest of my vacation. Friday I will be back to work so I always am more disciplined in my daily routine then.
I got my hair trimmed this morning then went to the mall. I am looking for some ¼ carat diamond studs to get my niece as a graduation gift from college. I’m not sure I want to spend that much $ but thought I’d look.
CrownJewel, you’ll enjoy having the food scale; mine is a little silver disc about the size of a small plate. It’s digital and weighs in oz and grams. I don’t know the brand. Sorry to hear about your friend at work. Trust me, I was there too. Until she decides she wants to do something; she won’t make the necessary changes in her life. I hope she does before she does damage to herself.
Hi Monarch, glad to see you stop by. It sounds like you are doing great.
Steph, that is wonderful you were motivated to go for your run this morning. This group is a great big help to me. Slow and steady does win the race. You are doing awesome and should be very proud of your accomplishments this past year. I actually bought a pair of cotton pants today that zips in the front. I thought I’d give them a try; they were on the sale rack at Christopher and Banks for $20. They were size 16 but at least my size 12 jeans fit too. I will look for side zip pants if we go shopping tomorrow.
Kayak, yay for working and going to the gym instead of staying at home like last year. I’m sure your chili dinner will be great. Have fun on your trip to Atlanta. That is exciting to think you’ll be at your goal in a year. I hope to reach my goal by this time next year too. That would be SOOOO exciting. I am excited to feel comfortable wearing horizontal stripes. I like bright and pastel colors but it seems like a lot of my clothes are earth tones and darks reds. DH helped me pick out a lot of my current clothes.
Lorelei, our weather is totally pants too. It’s in the 20’s here and we are expecting about 5 inches of snow by noon tomorrow. Fun for us. I hope you see some sunshine soon.
Mara, it sounds like you gave your abs quite a workout. I would be hesitant to try the ball; I’m pretty klutzy so I’d probably go flying off it. That is wonderful you are making the turkey trot a family project. Thanks for the mashed potato recipe. They sound great. I doubt I’ll ever be a size 4 but who knows. The bakery you visited sounds really good.
Lindsey, yay for eating healthy and joining a gym you like. Good luck on your core workouts to help your muscles. Sorry to hear about your cancer and surgery but it''s wonderful you are able to workout and build those muscles now.
Kimi, I hope you get to go for a walk on Thanksgiving. Sorry your cookies didn’t turn out well. I am baking chocolate chip cheesecake to take for Thanksgiving dinner. It smells really good.
Jas, OMG! I’m so sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you feel better soon but I’m relieved you weren’t badly hurt. Too funny about the underwear.
Shortblonde, I hope you don’t get sick and you recover from whatever you have soon.
Linda, sorry to hear your DH is not feeling well. I hope he gets better soon.
Skippy, I am not tiny it’s just that stretch denim pull on jeans in size 12 magically fit me. I did buy some cotton pants today and they are size 16. Even so a 16 is a lot smaller than a 5X. I hope your workout tonight was fun. I’m sorry to hear you haven’t been sleeping well. I am excited to hear you are putting up your Christmas tree soon. Fun!
MrsSalvo, that''s great you are still getting in your walks even with being busy getting ready for Thanksgiving.
Tdiddy, have fun at your turkey trot. The lady wearing fake pies on her butt cheeks is very funny. I wish the cotton pants I bought today were size 12 but I’ll take size 16’s. Even that is a major thrill for me. This week has been bad for me food wise being on vacation. I am trying to use moderation but did put on a few pounds. Rats. I will drink lots of water before Thankgiving dinner. That is a great idea.
Well, take care everyone. I know some of you taking off for the holiday soon so I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving.
Laters.
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, lot''s of posts today. I skimmed everything, but won''t be able to respond to everone. So, thanks again for the kind words on our little art project!

OMG, Jas
32.gif
I''m so glad you are OK, but that must have been very frightening for sure. Only you, could take such a horrific experience and make it funny. You need to write a book girl. You could sell books like Erma Bombeck (you''re young, look her up on the internet - though she passed away a couple years ago). I think telling their children to always wear clean underwear must be in the mother''s rule book. My mother always said you have to wear clean underwear as you never know if you''ll be rolled into an emergency room. Anway, I''m so grateful you''re ok.

Gail, when I lost my weight, I had to have my ring resized. I don''t like it when my ring rolls around my finger, so getting it resized was the right move. I''m not sure you''ll swell much in the warmer months.

Mara, our trainer did the manual push as we did situps and you''re right it can be fun and painful at the same time. I now do between 60 and 100 slow situps every session at the gym among other core exercises. I''m glad you''re working your core more too!

5:00 AM run Steph??.........Good for you, but OH NO, said Mr. Bill. There is no activity for this guy at 5:00 AM ever!! LOL

SB, feel better soon and sorry your hubby caught the flu Linda. I''m a big big big believer in having flu shots. It''s the best $15 I spend each year on my health!

So, another loooooong day and a rather frustrating one to boot. The ''terns are restless and not being very productive this week and I got a bit cranky with them taking too many breaks and just not concentrating. I''ll let them go early tomorrow, but I shouldn''t..........Anyway, I didn''t leave the office till well past 6 PM and didn''t get to the gym until after 6:30, so my workout was a bit later tonight. But, I was determined to have a strong workout and I did, including my intense 35 minutes on the elliptical (You go Lorelei for getting on the elliptical yourself!!). I was doing my sets of unassisted dips and chinups tonight and these two much younger guys commented they couldn''t do what I was doing, so that made me feel good. I''ve added what are called scalpular chinups. Odd name, but our trainer tried to get us to do them a long time ago and I couldn''t then, but I''ve been working on them and I''ve finally got the strength to do it. Here''s how it goes: from a standing position, you reach up to the chinup bar with your arms fully extended. Then you slowly pull yourself to the point your nose is level with the chinup bar and hold for 5 full seconds (that''s tough), then you slowly lower yourself over a 5 second span to a fully released position and (this is hard to describe), pull you neck muscles together while dangling in the air for 5 sets, then you slowly pull yourself back up to your chin level, then do 5 full chinups slowly and on the 5th chinup, hold yourself in the fully raised position for 5 seconds then slowly lower yourself over 5 seconds to the fully extended position. Now, if you''re not asleep after reading that, you should be. LOL I''ve also been steadily increasing the weights on several machines. That''s a good thing. Otherwise, nothing unusual to report on the gym front.

I have to log back into work and do a few things, so I''ll end for the night. Again Jas......we are all so grateful to know you are OK. The car can be replaced. You my dear, can not! A big Rod hug to you........

Night everone!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JAS-SIE! I''m so glad you''re ok!!! Very sorry to hear you were in an accident last night but so relieved to hear you weren''t seriously injured. And the Spanx thing is just too funny...you silly woman, don''t tell your mother if you haven''t already that you were going commando, so she can''t say "I told you so!" LOL! I hope you don''t suffer too much during your recovery, make sure your DH pampers you and takes good care of you and don''t. feel. guilty. for taking time off. OK?

So....another busy day in the world of Monnie...I had a nice 2 minute lunch consisting of some cheese, crackers, and fresh fruit and then came home this evening and sort of chowed down on a bunch of other snacky things for dinner. Nothing terribly unhealthy, but for some reason I was craving salty things and I''ve been really trying to watch my salt intake due to the fact that my feet tend to swell by the end of a workday. Anyway, I ended up snarfing down bread and butter pickles, marinated mushrooms, asagio and garlic bread, soy and flaxseed spicy tortilla chips and spicy bean dip, all from Trader Joes...then I went back for a hearts of romaine salad with romano caesar dressing! Now I''m trying to drink lots of water to try to somewhat counteract all the salt I took in today, I''m sure my feet will pay for today''s intake by the end of the day tomorrow, though.
20.gif

I did a very quick arm workout about an hour and a half ago while watching DWTS semi finals...then I did about 20 lunges holding weights and realized I was rather exhausted. I meant to come home and get at least the bedroom Christmas tree and ornaments out and possibly set up, but that plan fell by the wayside...just couldn''t get into the holiday spirit since it''s still 50 degrees out and raining! All in all not a total loss of a night, though, at least I satisfied my salt craving and had a little workout!

I hope to have some extra time tomorrow night to sit down and actually post some worthwhile personal greetings! Since we''re only contributing the wine and a green bean casserole to the Thanksgiving dinner held at my SIL''s, I should have time to relax and post more tomorrow night! Meantime, hello to all and I will "see" you tomorrow!
35.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Holy crap Jas! I laughed while reading about the Spanx and the lack of underwear, but at the same time I knew I shouldn''t be laughing b/c you just went through such a traumatic experience. Oh doll, I hope you have a speedy recovery, may the bruise on your head drain quickly, and keep that good humor coming. Rest lots and feel better.

Mara and everyone else doing a Turkey Trot, I''ll be thinking of you and cheering for you (I only signed up for the Turkey Eat).
41.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Jas...sending you wishes for a quick recovery. I was cracking up at your spanx story. Feel better:) Probably won''t be able to check in for a few days so I wanted to wish everyone a wonderful Turkey Day! To everyone traveling, have safe trips and good luck to the turkey trotters! Enjoy all of your families and yummy food
1.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

Stephanie, have a safe, wonderful trip.
Jas, I am so so sorry about your accident. You take it easy and heal.
Mara, that place sounds dangerously good!
Marcy, no sweating 2 lbs, the scale will go up and down, especially when you hit maintenance (you aren''t too far off!). And yay for size 12 jeans, you skinny lady, you!
Rod, sorry the interns are restless.

So I need to make a carrot cake this morning (yup, I said it Lorelei, CARROT CAKE). I don''t like pumpkin pie so my mom said make a dessert I''d want to eat. We''re going to eat TDay dinner at my parents and dessert at my aunt''s so we''ll bring it over there. We leave for my parents this afternoon, hopefully the drive won''t be hell (wishful thinking!). If I can''t workout this morning before we go I''ll drag everyone out walking tonight; my parents live in the greatest neighborhood for walking.

Weigh in Wednesday: 127.2

Have a great day all!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ugh, I wrote a long post and accidentally hit some key that erased everything. The jest of it is that I have a friend to meet for lunch, no workout today but I will workout tomorrow morning, baking the pies which I never made before and you all have a happy prepping day!!!

Mara, yum to the bakery! If you are ever in Santa Fe they have a wonderful bakery just like the one you speak of. Whooo hooo for your run tomorrow!

Mrs. Salvo are the munchkins helping you cook? I use to love to cook w/my momma as a kiddo!

Tdiddy, you are so sweet, thanks I appreciate the Hi! Wow, you did well for Tday avoiding the bad stuff.

Marcy you will lose the 2 lbs. Yay for a haircut, I so need one.

Rod, kudos for getting a workout in even when being super busy.

Monnie, yay for a muscle workout!

Kimi and Steph have a safe trip and have a wonderful time w/your parents!!!

Everyone have a safe trip if you are driving, speedy recovery if you are under the weather and super day!!! Happy day before Thanksgiving!!
41.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi guys,
JAS that is awful!!! I am so sorry. So glad you are OK. Will you be off work a while to recuperate? I know you have been pushing yourself to the max... sounds like you are taking this as a wake up call to take better care of yourself - I hope you can make that happen!

My MIL made awesome oatmeal pancakes for us this a.m. Yum! I am working from home today and just about to wrap up for the long weekend. Yay! I hope I can sneak in a quick gym trip later today and a run in the morning. I wanted to sign up for a turkey trot but none of my company would be interested so I figured I would just do my own. I found another half marathon I am interested to do in February. So much for taking a break, I never do :)

mara you asked if I had lost more weight. Well, not on the scale, but I am getting smaller. I''ve lost about 4 lbs in about 6 months since moving to my new house. I think I am losing fat and gaining muscle though. I''m lifting a lot more weights, and feel much more built and strong. Everyone asks if I have lost weight (a friend asked me if I was bulimic the other day - I was like WTF? Never!), and my clothes fit looser. When we moved here I was a solid 12 and now I am sometimes a 10, yay! The last couple things I have bought I fit into either but got the 12 and now it''s totally baggy. If I can be a solid 10 I will be really happy. My goal size is 8 and it is finally within reach. I have been so many sizes over the years. I was trying on formal dresses to wear to a party and I only have two LONG formals. One is a 14 and the other is an 8. The 14 was way too big and the 8 still way too small. Yep, I am going shopping!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Got lost in school and baking, but still managed to get in a quick workout that included pushups, situps, a bit of elliptical and some arm weights. HOORAY!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving all!!

Hey Kimberly, I admire anyone who can make pies!!! I am not a baker, but my daughter is. I tried making pies onece, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww tasted like cardboard
14.gif
I will stick to cooking!!

Linda

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 1:59:54 PM
Author: Linda W
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving all!!

Hey Kimberly, I admire anyone who can make pies!!! I am not a baker, but my daughter is. I tried making pies onece, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww tasted like cardboard
14.gif
I will stick to cooking!!

Linda
I actually made a carrot cake. I can make pie though. My food never looks pretty but it usually tastes good.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all!!!

sounds like everyone is doing quite well, getting ready for the big holiday. my turkey is brining in the fridge, i''m eating a donut at work, ahhh life is good. hahaha. i was so happy today that my jeans fit all nice and easy this morning and then come to work to find coworker brought donuts and another team brought croissants and bagels. JEEZ! and we are having a group lunch thing which is pizza but i doubt i''ll eat much as we had pizza last nite. hopefully i can get something with protein.

and on a funny note i was thinking oh yeah i''m not going to work out today so that i can get ready for tomorrow''s event, so i''m not too sore etc. and now i am thinking crap i should have brought my workout stuff!! but i probably should rest today so that i''m not tired tomorrow. not sure if we are doing the 5k or 10k, depends on how we feel. i think we can do the 10k but i don''t want us to be exhausted for the holiday party later, that''s no fun at all.

have a great day all!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimberly,

Even better!!! We LOVE carrot cake, it is our favorite. YUM!!!
36.gif

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results