shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 19th Nov till 25th Nov

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving week all and welcome Rockzilla
35.gif

I have been busy visiting the local orthopaedic/ fracture ward recently, due to a relative being in there. Seeing this place with the beds full of elderly patients with broken legs and hips etc, really brings it home how important it is to exercise for life if possible, and to follow a healthy diet for long term bone health. Most of the patients had suffered from falls, and by the look of it, had long lost any mobility they might have had.

I think with their generation, exercise wasn''t done or wasn''t the thing anyway, but nowadays as the benefits of exercise are widely recognised, those of us who already workout can do much over the years to keep our mobility as we age, and also our bone health. Another reason why fad diets can be harmful in the long run; I was reading a story about a 30ish woman who had followed fad diets for years, now she is suffering from stress fractures in her spine.

Following a healthy diet and making sure you get enough calcium is key. Also continuing to exercise and to do weight bearing work where possible, which is excellent for the bones, is critical. In this way, much can be done to keep bones healthy and to hold onto good mobility. It is a vicious cycle, as we age, unless measures are taken to prevent it, bones weaken and mobility is lost, falls become a real risk and resultant fractures. This can lead to a real loss of quality of life with the pain, inconvenience, fear, reliance on others and everything else which comes with bone loss. So all of us and those who may read and not post, when the workout going gets tough, remember the medical conditions you are helping to prevent, and the long term investment you are making in your bone health too. Make sure you get enough calcium and don''t let your calorie intake drop too far, try to eat clean and healthy. Remember all the benefits we can''t see but will surely be grateful for in the years to come!

Have a great week all!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

Speaking of calcuim, I ate enough cheese to cover my needs for a week. We went to this fantastic little Italian place last night that has been in the same location for something like 50 years and the food is just fantastic. I had a roll, ravioli and a green salad. Oh my goodness, yum! The scale hates me today.

I''m meeting a girlfriend for lunch today, should be fun, I haven''t seen her in some time. I also need to write a paper and wrap up some other school stuff before we leave for my parents'' on Wednesday.

Rod, I can''t wait to see the silk painting; what an awesome thing your neighbor does!

Marcy, hooray for ice water!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all!!

last nite i indulged on pizza, calzone and salad...but it wasn''t too bad. i just ate a fair amount of bread, which i don''t typically do with pizza. i had 3 slices but ate bread on 1.5 of them. and then we got a calzone since i didn''t think the pizza would be enough for us all (silly, it was way too much)...and i''d never really had a calzone before. but i loved it! so we all shared it. and salad with TJ''s ff dressing. just had a regular latte with a fun size peppermint patty for dessert.

also i did a short workout yesterday at home with jumprope, situps, and pushups in intervals. nothing spectacular but i got the heart rate up for a little bit which is just what i wanted.

glad to be back on track today, eating my egg white omelet with high fiber wrap and coffee. i have my trainer today after work so i''m sure she''ll torture me being that thanksgiving is around the corner and somehow i think that translates to trainers'' brains to make their clients work extra hard!

yay for a super short work, i am only doing about 1/2 a day on wed, so woo hoo. hope everyone is looking fwd to this week and the holiday...we sure are.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I forgot to say: Mara, working out a bit differently, and harder than I have in a while, felt fantastic. I''m feeling it in my shoulders and arms today, WOOHOO! Thanks again, I''m going to keep looking to you for inspiration.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning!!! This week feels like it will be fun and full of holiday cheer. hehee I plan to put the tree up this weekend; whooo hooo!!! I get to bake the pies for Turkey day so I think I am set w/all the grocery's. I want to go to Trader Joe's to get a few items today for the week so I will do that this morning.

I have been on a Western Bagel kick every morning lately. Anyone tried those?
3.gif
I love the whole wheat ones. I toast one for brekkie and Costco has these wonderful fresh raspberries so I eat those too.

Today I will go walking since it is suppose to be 73 degrees for the high (yay)!!! Tomorrow is sculpting/muscle hour.

Mara, I love Calzones! I haven't had one for a year; maybe I will eat one for my birthday. hehee You are inspiring; you were the one who got me out enjoying my walks!!!

Kimi, whoo hooo for a great workout and being sore!

Rod, yay for sushi night!

Marcy, I love ice and crushed ice. I love having new appliances; we bought ours last summer and our ice maker can crush. hehe I love your ring; very lovely!
Next year I am going to sign up for the garmet making class so I can learn to make clothes for fun!

Lorelei, thanks for the reminder. Weight lifting is great for bones and I love yogurt and low fat cheese. Still having awesome weather?

Happy Monday to a Holiday week!
face20.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good morning my WWT friends. I hope you have a great day.

Lorelei, you are so right about the importance of eating right and keeping our bodies healthy and strong. Everyday we take care of ourselves can only be improving our quality of life down the road.

Kimi, your dinner last night sounds divine. I didn’t weigh this morning since my DH was in that bathroom putting in his contacts when I got out of the shower. It’s probably just as well. Being on vacation, traveling and Thanksgiving will not be good for the diet or scale but Friday I’ll be back at work on back to my usual routine. I was pretty excited to have ice water again after a week plus of only drinking cold water out of the refrigerator. Woo hoo for feeling results from your workout in your arms and shoulder. I found my hand weights so I think I’ll start doing them again. I am just going to have to be careful not to grip them to tight and flare up my arthritis in my hands. That is why I put them up before. My thumb joints are bad and gripping the handles of the weights so tight really messed up my thumbs.

Mara, your pizza and calzone sounds great too. It must be an Italian day. We are going to the outlet mall today so I don’t know where we will end up eating but Italian does sound good.

I’ll check in later. Bye.
36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I got in another great workout today, I did sit ups and squats along with pushing myself on the elliptical, yay!

Marcy, dinner was delicious, but so bad for me! And I''m going to a pizza place for lunch, more bad food!

John is going to make us a light dinner.

Skip, we''re having warm weather too, 77 is supposed to be our high. I''m ready for cold, wet, dreary. Too bad we''re not predicted to have anything of the sort all winter.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei, I work with a lot of elderly patients at the hospital. In our research, we are trying to shorten recovery time after major surgery for patients 65 and older. We look mostly at functional recovery (doing things people do on a daily basis, including work and excercise). On another research study, I see cardiac surgery patients of all age ranges. I''m always inspired by the patients who recover quickly, and usually I see that the faster recovery times are directly correlated to the higher activity levels before surgery. I see the cardiac patients to determine how heart surgery affects their cognitive abilities. Although fitness is not a variable that we are studying, I know that fitness also aids in keeping the brain healthy.

So, when I see these patients who recover quickly from major surgeries, it reminds me that I want to be equally capable of handling any major surgery if I should ever require any.

That said, I made this delicious butternut squash "creamy but without cream" soup. I lost my favorite recipe for butternut squash cream soup, so I was trying to remember it as I went along. I got to the step right before I add the heavy cream. I tasted it to see if I needed more salt or spices. It was then that I decided it was perfect just the way it was! No cream necessary! Maybe it was the proportions of b.squash and potatoes, but the soup would not have gained anything if I had added cream, so I said "to hell with the cream!" This soup has about 4g of fat per serving (approx 2 cups in a serving), which I think is good for a creamy soup. I used a fat free chicken stock, so I think the only fat in it was the 3 tablespoons of butter I used to saute the b.squash, onions and garlic at the beginning. B.squash itself has like 0.2g unsaturated fat per serving. It is high in carbs, but I''m just happy that I cut out the fat in my favorite soup!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for that info CJ, it just shows that exercise can help us in so many ways! The human body wasn''t designed to be inactive and although it is harder these days as we mostly have a sedentary lifestyle, it is so worthwhile making the effort to exercise. I know I feel so much better for being fit and working out and I actually enjoy my workouts for the most part!

I have just finished a fast 50 mins on the treddy and lots of incline too which was challenging.

Skips, the weather has turned to pants again, wet, miserable and dreary - typical for this time of year.
14.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I''m thinking again about buying a food scale so I can get a better idea of how many calories I am eating. I am curious to know your opinions about weighing your food. I don''t think I''ll use it for life. I hope that after a while, I''ll just know the proportions of ingredients that will add up to a certain calorie count.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone,

It is raining here today, Ick, but I know we need it.

Skippy dear, glad you are having wonderful weather.

Is everyone ready for Thanksgiving? We are going to my mom''s house, where I will cook the turkey for my family and my brother and his girlfriend. My dad''s birthday is the 23rd and we will miss him. I still miss him so much, he has been gone now 3 years. The holidays are never the same without him.

MARA : Loved reading about your different veggie and stuffing ideas: I love brussel sprouts and yours with bacon sound delicious. Do you mind posting how you prepare them?

Linda

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda...here is where I got the brussels recipe. Bottom right on this page, a bunch to try! I am trying the bacon one this year.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/tipTechniqueView.cfm?objectid=D1F30273-CA49-93E8-DD4232E5D15EFFA2

I also do a lemon glazed carrot recipe that a friend intro''d me to last year and my sister and family LOVES it. It''s super easy! Basically just steam baby carrots, then toss with lemon juice, a bit of sugar, some butter, and some EVOO. Sprinkle with pepper. YUM!

CJ, I bought a $30 food scale from BBB and I love it. I don''t use it that often, but really whenever I am curious about something (aka how much is really 1 oz of granola or 1 oz of trail mix? a lot less than you''d imagine actually!!!)...it''s fun to have.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Mara,

That looks delicious. I am going to make that. THANK YOU!!!!!

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda, that is nice you are getting rain; we need it bad! I love the sunny warm weather but then I think of the plants. I want to give you a big hug; I am very sorry about your dad. I think the holidays make it hard for sure. That is so nice you are making dinner.

Kimi, yay for a kick booty workout! Wow, 77 degrees! I hope you guys get rain; I was telling Linda we have been dry here too. I love nice weather but then I think of the plants and animals who need water so I hear you.

Crown, yay for healthy soup! I love soups during this time of year! Buy a food scale; it is so worth it. I use mine all the time; I like the digital ones.

Lorelei, send rain out here to Kimi and me please
41.gif
Sorry it is pants!

Miss Mara, where is this awesome mashed potatoes receipe you speak of????

I got back from TJ's and it was a madhouse. I went to Albertson's too to get sugar free ice cream for my parents. My cousin is home today because her twins have strep so she and I are going walking; I am glad I get to see her again! hehee

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy you are toooooooooooooooooo sweet.
17.gif

Linda

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I hope everyone is having a great week. I think I am coming down with something... feeling very fatigued....and went to spin class anyway which was probably a mistake. Had grilled salmon, salad, and a small portion of pasta for dinner. The only good thing about coming down with something is I don''t feel much like eating. I''m sure that will change by THurs though! I have a ton of company coming for the long weekend - tends to stress me out having overnight guests but I hope I can relax and have fun. I hope they will not think it is rude if I head out for a jog or quick gym trip - I am planning to indulge on T-day for sure and can''t skip too many workouts!
I hope everyone has a great holiday!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey everyone..........

Long day as usual, but a productive one. No workout as it's Monday. Sushi tonight was great, followed by Frozen Yogurt, Yummmmm. Then we came home as we both have things we need to do.

Our next door neighbor steamed the silk watercolor painting and I took a couple pictures. It turned out UNBELIEVABLY amazing. I know I'm biased, but we have a lot of tropical art in our home and we've paid a lot of money for original watercolor's on silk and this looks in many ways like something we would have bought at a juried art show. So, without further ado, I am proud to introduce our work. BTW., Charlie drew it and the three of us painted it together. I did much of the palm tree, which I'm pretty proud of...........

DSC_02831.JPG

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s one of Charlie and our neighbor Derry holding the painting.........

DSC_02841.JPG

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And finally, one of me and Charlie holding it.........

DSC_02851.JPG

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys...hope everyone is well tonight. I''ve had a busy day getting everything set to fly out on Thursday. I realized I have no winter type clothes and it is supposed to get down into the 30s in Atlanta while we''re there. Everything that I did have last year when we lived there is way huge on me, so I had to go shopping for a few outfits considering my normal outfit of capris and flip flops isn''t going to cut it in that weather! Anyway, it was a nice feeling to realize how far I''ve come and that this time last year, I was 30 pounds heavier and 3 sizes bigger....what a difference a year makes!
Lorelei, your posts are always inspiring...I often think that what I''m doing for my body today is going to help me down the line when I''m older...I want to stay healthy and fit for as long as I possibly can.

Kimberly, your meal sounds yummy...ravioli is one of my faves!

Marcy, I was at the outlet mall today too...I love shopping there, such great deals!

CJ, your butternut squash soup sounds yummy...I''ve never made it, but I need to try it one of these days.

Linda, I know what you mean about the holidays...makes you think of all the loved ones that are missed.

Mara, Lemon glazed carrots sounds super delish...might have to try that one.

Skippy, I know what you mean about the grocery stores being a madhouse...it was the same here this weekend...people were going nuts because they ran out of canned pumpkin:)

TanDog, hope you feel better... it''s not fun to be sick over the holidays!

Rod, the painting is awesome. I''m in awe of people with talent like that...I''m with you, I can''t even draw stick figures well:)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, that watercolor is AMAZING, seriously!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
I want one. hehee I would love to be your neighbor, you guys look like you had a BLAST!

Steph, whoo hooo on 30 lbs from last year, that is awesome and you should be so PROUD!!! YAY YAY

Linda, you are the sweetie pie! hug!

Gail, get better; sorry you are ill! Hey, I am all for a workout when company is in town. I had my in laws over a few holiday's and I went to the gym (it was my stress reducer and made me a nicer person
31.gif
).

My cousin and I walked 3 miles. Stuff is going around; her twins have strep so you all who are feeling ill make sure you get R&R and plenty of fluids. Happy Turkey dreams all
face20.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Rod, John and I agree that your artwork is GORGEOUS!

Lunch ended up being part of a way too big ham sandwich that I picked to shreds. I ate about 1/2 of it all together.

Happy night, all!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Steph
35.gif

Rod: That painting is beautiful. All of you did a wonderful job, I love it, it is gorgeous.

Linda

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone!! We''re going to have it framed and then hang it on one of the walls in our entry hallway. There are three homes on our floor and we have a lot of empty walls out there. So this is the first of several we will do over time. It was so much fun and it''s really something to know our entry area will be filled with art that we actually created ourselves!!

Sleep well all.........

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Rod, WOW!!!! You guys painted that?!??! I am so impressed! I must have missed the original discussion of it. OH MY GOSH! You guys are a cute couple and from what I can see from the pic, you have a beautiful home. That picture is awesome and I'm sure it will look great in your entryway!!
Skippy and Steph, thanks for hoping I feel better - I am sure I will! I'm off to bed now.
Steph, 30 lbs is a lot in 1 year - that is amazing. That inspires me - if I could be even 15 lb less in a year I will be ecstatic. (It has taken me 2 yrs to lose ~20, but I am happy things are going in the right direction.)
Did I tell you guys that over last weekend I wore my favorite grey wool pants that I bought a few years ago... for a while they were too tight and now they are a bit big! Also DH just told me I was invited to a formal dinner through his work next week and the only formal dresses I have are going to be way too big, so it's an excuse to shop - I just wish he had given me more notice - also I wish he had a better grasp of women's fashion, because he doesn't know whether the women will be wearing formal (long) gowns or cocktail (short). He said " I dunno, it's dressy." I will have to get more info!
I think the last couple pounds have affected my fingers a lot - my rings are rattling around on me now! When I was at my thinnest my finger was a 5, but I got up to 6. Now my rings are sized around 5.75 and they seem way too big... they wouldn't fall off but they spin constantly. Probably I should wait til summer to resize though, right?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you had a great day. We went to the Outlet mall and another nearby mall this afternoon. I bought size 12 jeans (they are pull on stretch denim but hey they are size 12). I was so confident they’d fit me I didn’t even try them on. And they do fit me great. I got some horizontal stripe t-shirts, I’m getting bold wearing horizontal stripes. Ha Ha.
We ate lunch at Carinos Italian Grill. I had a luncheon size chicken parmesean; I ate about ½ of it then we ordered a piece of turtle cheesecake. It was awful so I had to help my husband finish it so he wouldn’t be suffering all by himself.
9.gif

Kimi, yay for another great workout today. My walking was long and varied at the shopping malls. I have been eating kind of bad this week between parties and vacation days but I’m trying to watch portions on everything. We are getting cold and snow tomorrow but today was in the 60’s here.
Crown Jewel, good idea to eliminate the heavy cream in your soup. It sounds good. I have a food scale and use it daily. I plan on using it forever. I actually found I was underestimating how much food I could eat.
Lorelei, I’m sure you enjoyed your workout on your treddie today. Our weather is going to be pants for the next few days. Rats.
Linda, I am very sorry to hear about your father. I am sure that is hard especially during the holidays. Have fun cooking Thanksgiving dinner at your mom’s house.
Mara, I’m glad you mentioned recipes; you always have such great recipes. Does anyone have a good mac and cheese recipe for the crock pot? I have to make a big batch up for Christmas. It doesn’t need to be low cal but I will try to use 2% cheese so it won’t be so bad for me.
Skippy, sorry to hear your little cousins have strep. I hope they get better. I am glad you enjoyed your walk with your cousin today.
TanDogMom, I hope you don’t get the crud. Maybe ask your company if they wish to join you on your outings for a jog or the gym this weekend. That is wonderful your clothes and rings are too big; that shows tremendous progress. Have fun shopping for something “dressy”. I’ve had to have my rings sized 3 times now and they are spinning on me again.
Rod, the painting is amazing. It looks terrific. Charlie is a whiz at drawing and you guys did an awesome job painting it. I really like it.
Steph, sounds like you’ll need some winter clothing. That is wonderful to see the difference in a year – woo hoo to 30 pounds lighter and 3 clothing sizes smaller. I am glad you found some great deals at the outlet mall today; we found some great bargains on clothes. My DH has lost weight too so he needs new clothes as well. I can’t say I need more tops but my pants are pretty baggy. I have a nasty scar right where zippers are so I keep buying pull on pants. I am going to look for side zippers when we go shopping Wednesday.
Well, take care and have a great Tuesday.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Rod! I love your painting. If I had any money, I would pay a LOT for it. The colors in the palm tree and the flowers/plants are fantastic!! That project is something to brag about!!!! I can''t wait to see the rest in the upcoming series.

So I bought a food scale. It''s a Terraillon "Poem". I bought it b/c I liked the design. Heehee.
41.gif
What kind does everyone else have?

Steph, your accomplishment is motivating to me. I like to hear how far everyone has come because it keeps me going.

A woman who shares my office was just ordered by her doctor to join a weight loss program because it seems she is having problems with her kidneys. I''ve been trying to share the knowledge I have about eating healthy...in trying to teach her, I find myself listening to my own advice. What is difficult to observe though, is that even after receiving this order from her doctor, she decided to eat a cheeseburger for lunch and wanted to order General Tso''s Chicken for dinner. I tried to plead with her to not order Chinese food at all. She said she had a guest over who wanted Chinese food, so she had to. I suggested chicken with broccoli. Haha, and she said "no, I want to get something I will enjoy eating." I had her google the nutritional info for the various dishes and she saw that chicken with broccoli would be the better option. Unfortunately, I don''t know what she ended up ordering. It''s so frustrating because I want to help her but even though her health is at rish, she can''t make the right food choices!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super quick check in to say that I have not forgotten my WWTr''s, and that I am doing well with eating and working out this week! Just no time to do more than read posts and think to myself how wonderful you all are doing! Will try to check back this week and do some "personal" greetings...meanwhile, it sounds and looks (Rod and Steph esp.) like you are doing fab!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good Tuesday morning everyone
35.gif

Okay, I have to say that I love this forum. It is just the motivation I need to keep going. I woke up at 5:00 this morning and got ready to go on my morning run. Well, I hesitated and tried to talk myself into going even though I wasn't really feeling motivated....then I got on here and read posts from last night. TanDog and CJ, you guys saying that I motivate you was enough to get my booty in gear and head out for a good run and of course, I feel fantastic now that I'm finished with it. If I didn't have this site, I probably would've talked myself into going back to sleep for a few hours or catching up on tivo instead
3.gif
. So just a big thank you to all you guys because you motivate me to keep going! It is so funny because Andrew has this big book full of classic stories and I let him choose one to read before bed, well last night he chose The Tortise and the Hare...I thought how appropriate since that is our mantra here...slow and steady wins the race. I sometimes feel down when I don't lose any weight for a week or 2, then I think about the fact that I lost 30 pounds in a year, well that averages out to only 2.5 pounds per month...it feels like I am moving at the tortise's pace, but I know if I stick to it, it all adds up to huge results. Anyway, hope everyone is having a great week!

Skippy, thanks for the woohoos! You are always cheering everyone on, you're too sweet!

TanDog, yea for the pants fitting! I think that is the very best indicator of success. After I had my son, I just wanted to get back in my favorite and most comfy pair of jeans I own. I kept trying them on every month or so and they were tight, then one month I tried them on, and they were so baggy, I couldn't keep them on! I was like darn, I love these jeans and now I can't wear them, but glad at the same time that they were too big!

Marcy, I love how side zipped pants look...very slimming, I try to look for those too. Way to go on the size 12 jeans...It is such a good feeling to go down a size, yea for all your accomplishments!

CJ, that is so nice of you to try to help the woman in your office. Old habits are so hard to break and it sounds like she doesn't know where to begin. I joined a free website called sparkpeople.com which is a wonderful resource. I was always on a "diet" of some sort whether it was WW or atkins, or whatever, but I was always looking forward to the end. Now I know that it is all about lifestyle changes or it will never last. This website is really helpful in making gradual lifestyle changes instead of trying to do everything at once and getting overwhelmed. It really helped me to ease into things, it might be worth her looking into if she's interested.

Monarch, great job on doing well with your eating and workouts...it is such a busy time of the year, but good to hear from you!

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock

Hello my WWT friends!

Sorry I haven’t checked in this week, things have been so busy in preparation for our Thanksgiving trip to visit my boyfriend’s family in Atlanta. I’ve been getting everything ready on my own, as it is exam season for Scott and he is spending every waking moment in a study group or the library. Last year this time I was just sitting at home while he was in his exam season. (I had not yet found a job after moving down south). It was torture. This year it is so nice to feel productive with work and the gym. I really feel like I am making myself a better person, although I do still miss spending time with Scott.

9.gif
I am STILL sore from my crazy work out session with the trainer on Friday. I can’t believe that I am still in pain, although now I’m not yelping every time I sit or stand up. Haha. I’ve been keeping up with eating well although I haven’t been exercising as much as I would like as I was having such trouble walking. Today is the day that I go back to the gym. I’m going to do arms and have a nice long walk. I found out that there is a gym at the clubhouse of Scott’s parent’s subdivision. I’m hoping to get some workouts in while visiting them. I’d hate to loose momentum. I’m making homemade chili on Saturday for the family for the FSU/UF game (Go Noles!). I’m very excited about cooking for the family for the first time. It should be interesting! Anyway, I’m not sure I’ll be able to check in too much during my trip so I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and a great week. This year I am thankful for stumbling across this tread. It has been so helpful and encouraging to me.
9.gif

Lorelei- I always love your opening posts. It great to think that we are making our bodies stronger for the long-haul. After not seeing much change in the scale yet, I still feel healthier. There is defiantly some benefits that I am gaining although they don’t show up on the scale. Mara- I hope your meeting with the trainer went well! After my free session with the trainer I was longing for the opportunity to get a trainer on constant basis. Unfortunately I can’t afford it right now, but it is defiantly something that I am trying to budget in. For some reason, I seem to work out harder with the motivation of someone there by my side to keep me going. Skippy- Yeah for putting up your Christmas tree! I haven’t put up decorations since we moved down to Miami. Our apartment is so tiny that I feel like we would be tripping over everything. I love decorating though! Put on some holiday music and hang an ornament for me! Linda- I am so sorry to hear about your father. I know the holiday season must be hard. It is nice that you will be spending Thanksgiving with your mother. TanDogMom- I hope that you aren’t coming down with anything. Take it easy so you don’t get sick for Thanksgiving. I don’t think anyone with think a quick run is rude. I’m sure they will admire you! Rod- The painting you and Charlie did is amazing! I paint sometimes (oil/canvas) but I’ve never painted on silk. It looks beautiful! The way the colors blend is amazing. What fun it must have been to create it. I’m sure it will look wonderful in your hallway. Steph- 30 pounds in a year! Good for you! You are giving me inspiration as that is close to how much I would like to loose. The thought that this time next year I can be at my goal is wonderful. Good for you for keeping up with it and staying motivated! How funny would it be if we passed by each other on our trips to Atlanta! Haha. I’m nervous about flying out tomorrow from MIA. I have a feeling like it is going to be crazy! We are leaving the house really early to get to the airport in plenty of time. Ahh, I’ll be happy when I’m there and the traveling is over. Good job on your run today! Marcyc- Yeah, for horizontal stripes! I love them in bold colors. I can’t believe that it will be snowing where you are! It is in the 80’s down here. I wish that it was a bit cooler so that I could get in the holiday spirit. CrownJewel- I’m sorry about your co-worker. I have a friend at work in a similar situation. It’s hard seeing people that you care about put their health in jeopardy. Just keep living your life in example and hopefully she will be inspired to make better choices. Monarch- Thanks for checking in!

WOW this was a long post… now I don’t feel so bad for not being able to check in as much later on this week. Have a great week everyone!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results