shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 18th March till 24th March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hello wwt! i was so disappointed last night. my gym just got new ellipticals and they went down a step in quality - i think they are the home models rather than the gym models. they don't have as many features as the old ones and feel flimsy - mine kept wobbling around while i was working.
38.gif
i'll try out a different machine today and hopefully it will be better.

and then, the thai curry, which is usually one of my favorite meals, did not come out well at all. i think i got a bad eggplant and it made the whole thing terribly bitter. we couldn't eat it and had to throw it out, which makes me sad about all the wasted veggies.
7.gif
plus, i opened a new bottle of the curry paste i usually use and it tastes totally different - bland, with no spice at all. i added tons, way more than usual, and it still didn't have much flavor. disappointing all around! i ended up picking out the tofu, hosing it off (a technique i learned from an old college roomie!) and sauteeing it with teriyaki sauce, plus i sliced up a sweet potato thinly and baked to make chips. the highlight of the evening was a small dish of slow-churned.

today: steel cut oats with banana and a smidge of peanut butter for breakfast (i love this!), veggie lasagna and a clementine for lunch, and a clif z bar for a snack. for dinner i am making kale chips with something else, just not sure what the something is yet.
3.gif
i am also going to the gym after work.

bee, don't you love it when you can feel yourself improving?

skippy, i love animals too. i should put up a monkey picture from costa rica for you, if i can ever remember to resize my pics. congrats on the weight loss too.

rod, i didn't mean no snacks at work, just that i need to avoid the cakes and cookies and other junk people bring in. healthy snacks are ok! sending dust on the job front.

qas, cookinglight.com has lots of good lighter cake recipes, in every flavor you can possible imagine. try not to get discouraged, it takes time! depending on how hard you are working out, you may also not be eating enough. if you're working out really intensely every day, you probably need to stay near the 1500 end of your range so that your body is getting enough fuel.

marcy, i'm sure you'll get to minus 150 soon. but i agree with the suggestion that it might help to add in a little more exercise if possible, to shake things up.

dee, it is a great idea to do exercises that you like so that you stick with it!

mara, thanks for moving the cupcake discussion to another thread! and congrats to greg on the new gig.

appletini, i am jealous of your sunshine, since it's raining here today.

apologies if i missed anyone!

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! Sorry been off the thread for a few days - it''s been a busy week. On Saturday, DBF & I went for a walk, then on to our second ice skating lesson, and then off to the gym! Phew! I''m really getting the hang of the ice skating bit - I spent the whole time away from the boards, which was nice. Sunday, we went for a walk and no gym, and the last two nights, I''ve done weight training and cardio at the gym. Tonight, my sister, niece, and I are going roller skating - feeling like a kid again
emsmilep.gif
Should be a lot of fun and some decent exercise. Weight hasn''t really changed much lately, but I''m persisting and know it will come if I continue with what I''m doing. I love that spring is just around the corner - can''t wait to get outside more to exercise with fun activities!

Lorelei - Great opener as always - thanks! I find myself getting guilty feelings too when I eat things that aren''t too good for me, even in smaller quantities. It''s something I''m working on but it takes time.
star sparkle - I second Lorelei''s advice. Congrats on the new job and good luck with the workouts!
Kim - Hope you are feeling bettter soon.
Steph - Hope you had a great time at Sea World!
somethingshiny - Hope you''re feeling better after the wisdom teeth removal. Did you have all 4 out? I had that done about 6-7 yrs ago and it was definitely not pleasant!
ladypirate - Hope you and Kris feel better soon!
Mara - Your cupcakes look and sound scrumptous! Must make a batch sometime soon - thanks for the recipes! And yeah for Greg getting the job offer - congrats!
Rod - So glad to hear your second interview went well!! Sending tons of new job fairy dust your way!
question - Keep up the good work. I know exactly how you feel. I have gotten into ruts quite often and it''s hard to get motivated sometimes, but know you are doing exactly what you should be for you and your health. The weight loss will follow.
marcy - Hang in there - I know you will make it to minus 150 soon. Keep up the good work and it will pay off as it has in the past. Your photos looked truly amazing and you are a real inspiration to someone who''s been struggling with not losing much weight lately.
bee* - Your muffins looked so yummy! Glad bootcamp is going so well for you, and keep up the good work with WW!
Deelight - Good luck with the new classes! I started taking kickboxing at my gym maybe 6 months ago and I love it. I plan on working more classes in over time as it''s good to mix things up.
Linda - I hear you on the allergies - I''m a sneeze machine over here myself! Enjoy spring break with the grandsons!

Hi Skippy!

35.gif
Have a great day, everyone!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nothing really to report with me today. I bought a WW eclair earlier and just ate it frozen-it was delicious and only one and a half points!! Took Amber for a walk with D also.

Deelight-that''s great about your ring!! How exciting! You should definitely go to a bootcamp-I''m starting to like mine more and more.

SB-that''s rubbish about the new machines in the gym! It is great when you feel yourself improving and getting fitter-it pushes you to do more!

Patiently-I''m still so jealous of you being able to go ice-skating-I would love to do that! If you keep persisting you will definitely get that weight loss.

Well see you all tomorrow-have a good evening!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
So I'm training for this 10k in two weeks, and I just ran on the sidewalk for the first time in a long time. I'm used to running a mile loop at the park. If the park loop really is a mile, I'm right around an hour for 10k (a little better than 9.5 minute miles).

So today I felt like I was running a good pace. I stopped a few times and ran in place at lights and crossed a billion streets where I had to slow down to look every direction (I live in the city) but I felt like I was keeping up a good pace.

I calculated the distance of my run (3.23 miles) and my time (35.8 minutes) and it's a wretched 11+ minute mile. I know that any number of factors could be at work:

*trying to run more gingerly because running on the sidewalk is the worst on your joints
*stopping at lights
*slowing down to cross street
*not encountering other runners who might subconsciously encourage me to speed up
*winds high enough to cancel my school's track meet (but really not noticeable to me)

But my secret fear is . . . what if the loop in the park really isn't a mile and is 0.9 mile or something??? And now my goal of completing the 10k in an hour is just silly because I'd be lucky to finish it an hour and ten minutes?

Why do I even care this much? I just started running to get in shape! It was my husband who signed me up for the darn thing! It's just disappointing to think that maybe I've been telling people I run this fast when really no, it's more than a minute slower per mile. I'm signed up in the hoping to finish in an hour group, so if I'm really slower than that I'm going to find it distracting to have many of the 30,000 runners passing me.

P.S. I checked online and official city sites state that the loop is one mile, and it is marked as such. I also found somebody else's "1 mile loop" mapped on Mapmyrun for the park, and it equaled a mile. So I guess maybe I just didn't realize how much I was stopping? But the park is so hilly and it was such a nice change to run where it's flat that I thought that would even out the stopping.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I did a two-a-day and walked for 30 min (1.7 miles) when I got home from work. Hopefully I can do it again tomorrow.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
PG, I've run a bunch of road races and I always finish faster than I think, and my race pace is always faster than my training pace. I should mention I am slower than you. I get caught up in the excitement of the race and go faster than usual. I bet the same will happen to you. My goals with races are always finish, have fun, avoid injury. I would not worry about the time especially for your first one. You'll be great!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
PG maybe you should get a pedometer? Alternatively, go to a high school track and run that mile there. Then you know for sure what is what as each loop is def 1/4 mile. 4 loops for a mile.

When I do the run/walk 5k''s I do the 3m in about 40 minutes. So like an average of about a 13 min mile.

I figure it''s amazing I can even do it, I''m not a graceful runner but I could walk forever!! I say just do what you can and be proud. No sense in beating yourself up over what might or might not be!

So I walked about 1.5 miles today with my coworker and about to head home and meet Greg for dinner and wine tasting education. Fun! Hope everyone is having a great evening. Oh and Greg doesn''t have the offer in his hot little hands yet...we''re waiting for it, hopefully soon.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

I hate not checking in but I feel quite repetative. I''m here, I''m working on school/teaching stuff, I didn''t work out today, my weight is still below normal, life is good (but certainly not allowing me to take a break!).

We went to the theatre last night, had some Chinese food beforehand, it was delicious.

Rod, sending more job fairy dust your way.

Mara, that is so exciting about Greg''s new job. HOORAY!

PW, thanks for the well wishes, I''m definitely on the mend but my appetite is still off, perhaps because I''m not exercising nearly as much as I normally do. Ice skating lessons sound so fun!

Linda, enjoy your time with the grandkids!

Phoenix, don''t be so hard on yourself.

We''re having basil chicken for dinner tonight. Thank goodness John doesn''t have an aversion to cooking and cleaning, this house would be a disaster otherwise!

K

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Got back from 3.5 walk, whoo hooo; it is a fab day here in ABQ!
emhot.gif
My walk was grrrreat, it was awesome to see the golfers out, kids out playing soccer and waving to my neighbors watering their yards
9.gif
It is perfect weather for lacing up those tennis shoes and getting fresh air and sunshine. Earlier today I went with my sister to baby gymnastics to watch my nephew, do summer salts, walk on the balance beam and hang on the bars; he is doing great for a 2 year old. What a life! hehe

I talked to hubby and he said Atlanta reminds him of Richmond (where he grew up); he had some good barbecue out there; I told him he was making me hungry. I just microwaved TJ's chicken and rice and probably will eat a salad and raspberry's and then Jello's Sugar free fat free chocolate mint pudding
3.gif
Thanks to all for good little calf wishes; I am glad he is doing well too!
12.gif

Have a great evening all
35.gif

Shortblonde, yes, I would love to see you CR monkey picture; I would love to go there someday. I have a few friends who went there and I heard it is beautiful! Thanks for the congrats! I love all your workout adventures, kayaking; sorry about the poor quality in equip though.

Rod, I don't watch too many reality tv shows either; hubby and I tease that it rots our brains. hehee I do love me some DWS though. Hope you had a fab workout and gorgeous day!!!

SS, how are you feeling after the wisdom teeth? Thinking about you!

Marcy, what helps me sometimes is eating more protein and less carbs and more fruits and veggies. Fiber is very good for you too and flushes your system a little bit; I like beans, broccoli, fruits and veggies. Can you buy some hand held weights and do some weight lifting; muscle helps burn calorie. I am sure you will get past this; you are doing awesome, don't let it get you down, you have come so far, yay!!!!

Sparks, good for the gym and a nice lunch!!!

Lorelei, give Jasmine a kiss for me; I am happy I am a horse auntie, love that, yay!!!
emlove.gif
emlips.gif
hehee

Bee, the cupcakes came out to 8 points each for 1 cupcake using low fat (it must be the sugar). I am curious how you got yours 2 1/2 points; I want to make those. hehe I think the WW instructor makes the difference for motivating me; glad you have an awesome one!! You are doing great. Go Bee Go, superwoman!!! hehe I weigh in tomorrow at WW so I will keep you, my fellow WW posted. Yay for your walk w/your gorgeous Amber!

Deelighted, your kitty is so cute! Good for you netball, having fun and getting a great workout at the same time! Just weight yourself once a week in the morning if you can and measure yourself because you may be losing inches instead. Yay for your new diamond; I can't wait to see it! Yip, my parents have 2 houses; one in the countryside w/their cows and one in the city. They love their cows and I think it keeps them young. hehe

Kimi, I put some questions in your Who's Who; hope you are great!! John is so sweet; yay for super hubby and super Kimi!

Mara, my fellow walker; yay for your walk and whooo hooo to Greg!!! Wonderful news and congrats to both of you! I bet you all are having fab weather!

Linda, enjoy your cute grandboys! It is allergy season, do you know what you are allergic to? I am sorry you are suffering, the wind makes them awful because it shakes the pollen out of the trees and bushes. My allergies are getting a little better lately but mulberry season isn't here yet and that will get me soon, oy! Happy Easter!

Patiently wait, yay for your walk; it is perfect weather for lacing up those tennis shoes and getting fresh air! I did ice skating in elemetry school and loved it; the cool air and moving your legs is an awesome workout and tons of fun, whooo hooo! Hey, I am all about being a kid again, good for you have fun w/your family!

PHX, great for your runs, we are cheering you on for your 10k, go phx go, whooo hooo!

Apple, yay for your walk!!!

Hey Gail, good to see you; how are ya???

Hey DeeJay and Sharon if you are reading this thread; we miss you two!!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good evening everyone. Thanks for the comments on Seaworld...we did have a blast. The weather was wonderful and Andrew had such a great time, he loves sea animals. I had a busy day today. Took Andrew to storytime at the library, went to the park, then went to the mall to look for outfits for Easter Sunday church services. Then Adam got home early, so I headed straight for the gym and got a good 45 min. elliptical workout in...however, then we headed out for pizza, so I'm sure I ate all the cals back plus some. Oh well, it was good! Hope everyone is having a great night...got to go watch American Idol!

Star Sparkle, Good luck on your new job, that sounds exciting!

Bee, the muffins look great!

Shortblonde, I'm right there with you on the few pounds creeping on. I really need to eat clean too, except for Easter I will be having a few treats.

Skippy, I hope you are enjoying your alone time, even though I know you miss your hubby! I'm glad you got your allergy shots today. Mine are really acting up since we moved here, so I took a Zyrtec today and that really helped.

Rod, Guess what? We tried Peppinos tonight! It was really good. We will have to try some of their pasta dishes next time, but we were in the mood for pizza and it was yummy! It was a quaint little place and we really liked it....we try to go for those family-owned type places rather than big chains. Thanks for the recommendation. Hope you hear something about the job soon! Sounds promising with the quick email response.

Questionaboutsettings, I am the same way about desserts. It is easier for me to not eat any than eat a little bite of something. You should check out cookinglight's website, it has tons of lower cal dessert options. I made the butterscoth blondies and then were yummy!

Marcy, I am going through the same issue. I am so close to my goal, but the weight stopped coming off when I had 10 more pounds to lose. I think I may have to shake things up a bit too to get going again. I am going to try to up the cardio.

Dee, yay on the diamond!

Mara, keeping my fingers crossed for Greg's new job!

Linda, Have fun with your grandsons!

PW, the ice skatng sounds like so much fun and a great workout!

Phoenix, great job on training for the 10k. I really want to sign up for a 5k. Don't beat yourself up about the time, I would be happy with that!

Kimmi, hope you get a chance to slow down a little this weekend!

Hi to everyone else!!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Geesh, it''s been a long day. DH got home at midnight last night (the usual) and said he had to be in on first shift this morning. So, he got about 5 hours of sleep last night. The little guy couldn''t figure out why daddy wasn''t at breakfast with us. He kept wandering around the house looking for him. But, on the up side, i got tons of spring cleaning done. JT loves to help clean, so I gave him a broom and a washcloth and he was happy for over an hour. I''m fixin to put another coat of paint on my dresser, so hopefully it''ll be ready to be brought inside tomorrow. (it''s current residence is the garage)

For those who asked, I had 3 teeth cut out. I had the first removed several years ago, but I didn''t have any insurance at the time so I only had them remove the one that was bothering me at the time. I''d say I''m completely healed now, except the stitches haven''t dissolved yet. I have TMJ so that increased quite a bit since the surgery, but I''m sure it''ll ease up again soon. (thanks for thinking of me!!)

I got my pasta salad supplies today (for Easter), and I am so excited to have it! I never make it because DH doesn''t like it and I won''t just make it for myself.

I was going to make a Bunny cake for the kids in the family, but all the cupcake talk got me to wondering. Can anyone think of a way to make a bunny out of a cupcake?? Obviously, if I could come up with ears, it''d be simple. But, the only thing I can think of is licorice, and the kids are too young for that. ideas??

Namaste!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy: I am severely allergic to pine trees and there are a lot of them around here. Also, a lot of open fields that blows who knows what around. Today, I had to pick up a prescription for eye drops. My eyes itched so bad it was driving me nuts from the allergies.

PW: All I do is sneeze too. Sometimes, I feel like my head will blow off. LOL

Steph: Glad you had fun with Andrew and enjoyed your pizza. I get SO hungry for pizza :)

Kimberly: You are so lucky your DH cooks. I wish mine did. He BBQ''s but that is it.

Too windy to go for a walk today, so I ended up playing with my grandsons. They are 7 and 6 and love to chase me around. Does that count for jogging??? ha ha ha!!! While they ate their lunch, I did some hand weights and stretched and did leg lifts.

Can''t wait for summer, so we can swim every day. The boys and I have a picnic in the backyard and swim swim and swim.

Enjoy your evening all. Oh by the way, is anyone watching High School Reunion on TV Land??? I am getting the biggest hoot out of it.

Linda

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......going to try to make this a bit shorter, as I have to get up at 5 AM tomorrow (yikes) to take Charlie to the airport. He's heading to Buffalo to spend Easter with his family. We had a very nice day. The weather was just stunning. And we did our normal routine, which of course included coffee under the oak, followed by a good long workout. I actually worked out harder for some reason. I have been somewhat stuck at the same weight levels for a while, so today, I increased my weights all around and BOY OH BOY, can I ever feel it. My muscles are sore for sure. I may skip tomorrow and go on Friday and let things rest a bit. Dinner was a nice full salad and desert was a new dark chocolate I found in the health section of our grocery store. I can't recall the name, but it may be the best dark chocolate I've ever had. It's so smooth.

Please congratulate Greg on the new job Mara. That's just great for your guys!!

Linda, I like lamb, but haven't had any in a long long time. Since you aren't going to have any lamb with your hubby, why don't you come on down to Tampa and have a lobster with me instead??!!

Steph, I'm so glad Peppino's is still good. It's been over 10 years since we last ate there for sure. And all the times we ate there, I don't think we ever got their pizza. The dish I used to love there was a pasta dish, that had a pink vodka sauce, with peas and some kind of bacon. It was just so good. I remember having to dip my bread in their to get every last drop of that sauce!

Don't be frustrated QAS. It often takes a long time for the body to adjust and for pounds to start coming off. I remember periods where I'd go for weeks without losing an ounce, then all of the sudden pounds would come off. Don't give up. Hang in there.

I agree with you Appletini. I think body fat % is a better measure of one is doing overall.

Yay for a great day Spark! And I agree, it's great to read about everyone on this thread. We're like a big spread out family and people who genuinely care about each other's lives.

Thanks for the good thoughts Lorelei!

I'm glad bootcamp was good bee*!

Glad the PT sessions are helping you so Deelight!

SB, I'm so sorry your gym went to lower grade ellipticals. The elliptical is a big deal to me too, so if our gym went donw in quality, I'd probably look for another gym. Thanks for the dust!!

Thanks PW. I'm glad you've been active. Wow, ice skating, roller skating and weight training and cardio at the gym!! You go PW!!

phoenix, I'm just so impressed your doing the 10K and I hope you do it in a time you are proud of, but don't put pressure on yourself to break a predetermined time. Just go out there and have a fun and enjoyable run at a pace that is comfortable to you. You deserve much praise for running a 10K to begin with.

Hey Gail.......nice to see you. Hope all is well with you!

Thanks Kimberly. I'm glad to hear life is good for you.

YAYAYAY for a 3.5 mile walk Skippy. I'm glad the weather was fab in ABQ for sure. Yummmm, southern barbeque. Atlanta does have good barbeque for sure. If you watched idol tonight, I think America got it right. I was not a fan of Amanda's. She just yelled her songs too much, IMHO.

I think I got everyone. If I left you out, it was not intentional for sure. Have a nice night tonight and a great day tomorrow.

Sweet dreams!

ETA: I see I didn't quite make this short.
11.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you had a great day. I went to the hospital this morning to see my poor sister. She got knocked down by her dog Monday and hit her head on concrete. She has a concussion, black eye and a skull fracture. The fracture is very near her spinal column so they are watching her pretty closely. She hasn’t been able to keep down food or liquids for 2 days now. I feel so bad for her. (This is my other sister not the one I took shopping this weekend.)
Lorelei, yay for another uber workout tonight. You are doing awesome on your new program.
Bee, woo hoo you can bake! Thanks for the kind words about my weight loss. No worries, I’m not giving up but I am anxious to see the scale shows me minus 150.
Dee, too cute you have a little friend wanting to say hi. I’m so excited to hear about your diamond. Specs? It sounds like you have a great workout plan. Thanks for the nice compliment.
Kimi, thanks for the encouragement. I try to be patient but as my DH will tell anyone – that’s not one of my strengths. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the play last night.
Mara, thank you for the reminder the closer I get the slower I will loose. I loved when I first started and could see changes from day to day – not anymore. I agree it might be a good idea to try and jump start my body with some new exercise and change in diet. I’ll miss your cupcakes here but still drool over them in the other thread. That is wonderful they are working up a great offer for Greg. Congratulations to him!
Appletini, I am glad you had a lovely day for a walk.
Linda, I’m up for cupcakes! Thanks for asking. Thanks for reinforcing the knowledge I will get there. Minus 150 is such a BIG deal to me I’m like a kid at Christmas. Have fun with the grandkids on spring break. Sorry to hear about your allergies. Mine won’t get bad for at least another 4 to 6 weeks. I hate windy days when there is high pollen. AAK. I feel your pain there. Itchy eyes are miserable.
Shortblonde, rats for lower quality ellipticals at the gym. Sorry to hear your dinner didn’t turn out the way you planned. My DH is so sweet he’ll eat almost anything but there have been a few meals he didn''t finish. Slow churned does perk up any meal though. I agree on trying to add in some new exercise.
PW, glad you are enjoying skating. Good for you being persistent and to remind me of that because we know that the weight will come off. Thanks for the nice compliment about me. I appreciate it.
PhoenixGirl, I am sure the stops on your run had a major impact in your time. You’ll be fine in your race.
Skippy, it sounds like you had a fab day. Your walk sounds wonderful and how fun to watch your nephew tumble. I did pick up some 2 pound weights but haven’t used them yet. Thanks for the helpful tips and support.
Steph, I am glad you had a marvelous time on your outing and enjoyed some pizza. Rats for us hitting a plateau. Good luck with your cardio plan.
Somethingshiny, yay for getting spring cleaning done. My DH has to work tonight for a few hours then he’ll work most of his day shift tomorrow. I am sure both our guys will be tired for a few days. Your pasta salad and cupcakes sound great for Easter.
Well, take care and have a great evening.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TanDogMom, I find that when I use my IPOD on the TM I walk faster – I get wrapped up in the music and don’t pay that much attention to my walking.
Rod, yay for kicking up your workouts a notch. A trip to the airport at 5 am doesn’t sound like fun – but hopefully you live closeby.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, I am so sorry about your sister; my prayers are outgoing for her, how scary!!! keep us posted please.
12.gif

Rod, I will go over and have lobster; I LOVE seafood. Too bad the ain't much sea where I live. hehe Yay, for your workout!

Steph, today is the 1st day I am pretty happy sans hubby. hehee Yay for your workout.

SS, hope you have a speedy recovery. How cute your 2 yr old loves to clean!

Linda, hope the allergies get better; I have a feeling you and I are going to fight over who get to eat lobster w/Rod. hehe
11.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Skippy. Her husband is a wheat farmer and she helps him move equipment, takes meals to him in the field and does all the yard work so I know they will be struggling for awhile. Both of their daughters are in college and have internships already lined up for the summer. The doctor told her she would only improve by the weeks not the days so I think it will take months. She doesn''t seem to be having any problems with memory or processing thoughts or data so that is a relief.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey WWTr''s!
35.gif
I''ve been laying low just lurking again this week...nothing phenomenal to report. However, I do have an interview scheduled for Monday that I''m very excited about. One of my friends manages a salon in the area and she has a customer who is opening a jewelry store nearby in April. My friend recommended me to her and forwarded me her info, so I sent her my resume and she contacted me to set up an interview, yay! I''ve always heard that networking is such a valuable tool in job-hunting, and now I have to agree that it is true.

Rod, best of luck with your next interview (if I''m not too behind here in reading this thread, I think you have a second one coming up? I may be too late in wishing you luck, but if not, good luck!)

Today I went into spring-cleaning mode and started cleaning all our windows and floors. We have the nice new windows that unlatch and flip out so you can clean them really easily, but after a winter of facing the dirty streets they were filthy...I had to scrub them with a dry brush first and vacuum up all the dirt before I could attempt to windex the outsides. Yuck! Then I cleaned/mopped the hardwood floors and the kitchen tile, and tomorrow I will clean the windows on the top floor so that will be done. I was all sweaty and red-faced after about 45 minutes of scrubbing and cleaning, so I''m thinking that qualifies for a moderate workout, no?
9.gif

Back to eating waaaaay healthier, cutting out pizza and pasta...my pants are feeling pretty tight these days and in the last two months I''ve managed to put on a solid five pounds again, boo. Nothing a little extra exercise and a little less caloric intake won''t fix, though. I stocked up on salad mixes and fresh produce at the store tonight, plus I found some Smart Ones on sale for $1.87 each, so I picked up 6 of those to have for lunches or dinners the next week or so. I''m turning into a pretty good bargain shopper these days since our incomes are super limited right now. I used to throw whatever looked healthy and good into the cart but now I go with a list and a strict budget so that when I get to the checkout I am not freaking out wondering how I spent so much. It''s a good and bad feeling at the same time...I''ve never really stuck to a grocery budget before but now it is imperative, so part of me is proud that I can do it but the other part longs for the days when I never worried about buying extras that we didn''t need.

That''s all I have to report today...hi to everyone and keep up the great work!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy,

I am so sorry about your sister. I hope she will feel better soon. I am so glad it wasn''t more serious then it was.

Skippy: Let''s both fly to Tampa and have Lobster with Rod!!!!!
9.gif

Rod: Can we sit under the oak tree to and have Starbucks??? I would love a non-fat Latte'' and also that special yogurt you eat. YUMMMMMY!!!

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, your sister, her family and you are all in my prayers for sure. Sending strong prayers for her and a speedy recovery.

Monarch, whooo hoooo, sending extra truckloads of job sprinkles and prayers for you sweetie!!!

Linda, good idea and Southwest fly's there so hold your horses Rod before you head over to the restaurant w/out us, Linda and I are heading your way for some lobster, ya better share Mister. hehe
11.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Monnie,

I had to post again and tell you I HOPE YOU GET THE JOB!!!!!!! I will send tons of fairy dust your way, when it comes time for your interview.

Linda

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies!!!! I really hope it turns into something...I would love to be part of a successful new business and of course the fact that it is the jewelry industry doesn''t hurt, hee hee. My interview will take place at a Starbucks...I''ve never been interviewed in a public situation like that before so I hope it goes smoothly. I''m sure it will, it will just be different from what I''ve become accustomed to as far as interview situations. Thanks again for your well wishes!!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Marcy Sending loads of prayers and dust your way for your sister to have a speedy recovery :).

Mara Congrats on Greg getting a new job that is super exciting :)

Monarch :)I know what you mean about budgeting my BF quit his job just before Christmas (with my blessing they had implemented a 24hr rotating roster) and it took him 3 mths to find a job that was what he wanted to be paid so we essentially lived off my income it is hard but it is possible :) You just become super aware about how much everything costs. Mind you know his new job pays heaps more then the old one so that is all good, and worked out great in the end :D. Networking is the best way to get a job and usually if you are referred to by a friend you have a better chance of getting the job as they will already assume that you have a good work ethic :) That is how I got my current job ;-). Sending massive amounts of dust your way ;-)

Linda I hope your allergies get better as someone who gets awful hayfever at times I sympathise

The diamond pics are up at GOG I fairly well nearly had a conniption this morning I could not sleep till I saw them. /www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/4219/> I am fairly certain she is the one. BF is still to see the pictures but I think he will be impressed :).

I have a workout tonight so I have to G myself up for that I just feel quite tired today.

Have a good night everyone :)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning! Happy Thursday everyone! Nothing much happening with me today apart from studying. Bootcamp is on tonight also and then I''m meeting up with friends. D tried the cupcakes and he loved them. He was really surprised that I actually did them. The only thing that they lack is a bit more chocolate-if they could have chocolate chips running through them they''d be amazing!

Phoenix-wow-you''re doing great! I would not be able to run for that long! I''d say stopping at lights etc did slow you down a bit and Mara''s idea of using a pedometer is a good one.

appletini-well done on the exercise!

Mara-hopefully Greg will get that offer soon! Keeping everything crossed!

Skippy-will you send some of that weather our way-it''s so dull and miserable over here! I forgot to post that recipe the other day-I''ll find it today when I finish studying. Best of luck with the weight in! You''ll do great!!

Steph-glad that Seaworld was great. I love it there.

Rod-you seem to be doing amazing at the gym! I love being able to feel it afterwards-makes you feel like you worked out hard!

Marcy-ugh your poor sister! Send her my best wishes!! Don''t worry-you''ll see that minus 150 soon. That''s such a great achievement!

Monarch-that''s great that you got the spring-cleaning done-It definitely qualifies as a workout! I''m so bad with budgeting-I really have to do it.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning Everyone!

I got up at 5 (nobody should get up at such an awful hour, IMHO) to take Charlie to the aiport. It was windy and raining as a cold front was coming through. I came right home and went back to bed, but it took a while to get back to sleep and I just woke up at 10:15. Nothing much planned for the day. My arms and chest are still sore, so I do think I'll bag the gym for the day. An extra day of rest will do my muscles good.

FIRST: YAYAYAYAYAYAY Monnie!!! I just saw you are interviewing for a terrific new position. Referrals are the best way to get a good job. I did have the second interview this week and this job is through a referral of a former employee of mine who I love dearly and we've stayed so close. If you're not contacting people you've worked with in the past, you ABSOLUTELY SHOULD. In a way, I guess it's sad that I can claim the rights to being the Sbucks expert here. Lord knows I've clocked a lot of time there anyway. I see people interview at Starbucks just about every day. It could be a little distracting to have other people around, so my advice is just focus and forget anyone else is nearby. As a matter of fact, my first interview with the company I'm speaking with now, was at Starbucks. So, I've decided this is good sign for you. I'm sure you'll knock 'em dead in a GREAT WAY!! I've got everything crossed for a VERY successful interview.

Oh Marcy, I'm so sorry to see your sister's in the hospital. I hope she get's better soon. My prayers are with her.

And to my Linda and Skippy..........COME ON DOWN!!!! I'm going to actually fix the lobster at home, so just let me know when you'll be here so I have one for you too! Linda, I'm afraid you'll have to either come on Saturday, or stay till Monday if you want FroYo. They're closed on Sundays. But Starbucks never closes. Really. The one under to oak is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. So of course, we can spend as much time under the oak as you'd like!!!!!

Have fun at bootcamp tonight bee*!!

I'll check back in later. Have a great Thursday!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all!!! thanks for all the positive wishes on the offer, keeping our fingers crossed it''s what we''re hoping for. they already told greg to fill out the online application so that they can conduct the background check in parallel with the offer. greg has been with the company he''s at for way too long, 6 years then it was purchased by another huge company and now 2 years at this new one, and he''s disliked it for quite some time. i''ve never known him in the 8 years we have been together to be happy in his job. so if he takes this and he loves it, he will still be swamped and even more stressed than before because it''s even higher level than what he''s in now and he would most likely have to build a team as well and people managing is never fun...but if he LOVES it, i would be so happy...and it would be so interesting to see him happy in a job!!! so i''m keeping fingers crossed.

last nite our wine thing was pretty fun...i learned a lot about tasting actually!! i am not a huge wine fan but greg loves it and he wanted to learn more about how to taste and how to identify flavors and when a wine has higher alcohol, acidity, sugar etc. this was a fab class for that. we had a quick dinner at this local cafe, i had a chicken pesto panini which was SO YUMMY but so oily from the pesto, i know it was horrible but at least it was EVOO. and we had an amazing cucumber, black olive and feta salad together. then we walked over to the wine place. totally fun evening...!! nice breakup to the week for sure. a lot of walking yesterday.

today i have 30 minutes of pilates before zumba so it''ll be a good workout day. other than that, nothing new to report!

monnie, yay for a potential gig!! i will keep arms and legs crossed.
bee...have fun at bootcamp (lol oxymoron??)
rod, 5am omg ... i am so not a morning person. i get up at 7am for a few early calls with our european region during the week, about 3x a week and i am always like jeez...but at least i don''t have to be in the office for them or anything like that. so i take calls from home typically in the morning so it''s a little more relaxing actually.
steph, yay for seaworld visits...sounds like they were fun.
marcy, best wishes for your sister...hope the scale budges so you have something positive to smile about.

mmmm lobster!! yummy!!!

have a great day all!!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone! I''m new to this thread. See recent motivation here: dress update.

So, I''ve been through it all before. Gym memberships, dvds, ultra gyms, PTs, walking, treadclimber (upstairs in my spare room). I just really don''t enjoy working out, and I love food. I''ve been a vegetarian for about 15 years, but crave sweets and often.

I don''t just want to fit in this dress. I want to be healthier too. How do I get there from here? That is a bit of a silly question. I know exactly how to do it, right? I just never do. It''s so much easier not to. I guess I just need to get my head in the right place. So, uhm, how do I do that?

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I had my PT today, but my session was comped. We usually meet at 11:15 and I asked if we could do 11 today because I have a meeting at 1 and wanted to have time to freshen up and eat lunch beforehand. She said fine. Well she didn''t show up until almost 11:30, so I did still get 30 min with her and had a super long warm up and my partner and I started our own workout until she got there.

Monarch, Good Luck with the interview. Thanks for reminding me that I also need to clean my windows as part of my spring cleaning...I''ll probably do that tomorrow along with a ton of other non fun house things like cleaning the fridge.

Marcy, I''m so sorry to hear about your sister...sending well wishes her way.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I lost 1lb today, yay!!!!
16.gif
I am going for a nice long walk soon; I just finished planting a few fresh herbs and some flowers in the flower pots
emrose.gif
I will check in a little later tonight; have a great day all!!!
emhot.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good afternoon, friends. Just got back from a 40 min. elliptical workout. Woohoo, 2 days in a row! I love it when Adam goes in late or comes home early so I can workout at a normal time instead of 5 am. He's going in late today to work with some of his night team (he runs a 24 hr. operation, so he sometimes has to go work with his night people). Breakfast was oatmeal, lunch was a turkey on wheat from Subway, and since Adam won't be here, I'll probably do something easy like an egg white omelet. Hope everyone is having a great day!

SS, did you try googleing the bunny cupcake idea? I'm sure something would pop up.

Linda, I am waiting for the summer too, so Andrew and I can swim. We stuck our feet in the other day and stayed for a while, but it was a little too chilly to get all the way in (even though some teenagers were swimming around). Only a few more weeks for us, and I'm sure we'll be in the pool everyday. We like to take picnics too!

Rod, we did like Peppinos a lot. When we go back, I will have to try your dish if it's still on the menu!

Marcy, sorry to hear about your sister...hope she feels better soon.

Monnie, woohoo for the interview....my fingers are crossed for you!

Skippy, yay for the 1lb!!

Mara, have fun at pilates tonight!

Loves Vintage, welcome! I love your dress! So, I know it is really hard to find motivation for totally changing your lifestyle. I had tried everything from low-carb to weight watchers and they would work for a while, but I would lose 10, gain 10, lose 10, gain 15 etc. But I would have to say for me, I think sparkpeople.com worked wonders. I have lost 70 lbs. since having my son 3 years ago. They show you how to make changes gradually instead of getting overwhelmed by trying to do everything at once. It is like you get a few heathy habits down, then you add more. You should give it a shot. I know a few others have really had success using it and it's free. Anyway, stick around, you will get lots of motivation here!

Hello to everyone else!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results