shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 18th March till 24th March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week!

It seems that on Sunday afternoons, I have now got into the habit of '' taking stock" of my progress on this journey. This began some time ago, so that I could think through a helpful topic for the WWT, but recently I have found it is also a good thing for me to do personally. I have come a long way, but I still have work to do, and negative thoughts to overcome. One of the main things I need to work on is guilt. I hope to one day, be able to eat and enjoy my treats without any underlying feelings of guilt. Saturday evening, we had pizza and then some cookies and doritos ( what a mixture
32.gif
) and not the best food choices I could have made. I ate most of it, didn''t particularly enjoy it, then started to feel guilty as soon as I had finished. Now, I know I made up for it yesterday by eating far more carefully, and I will have a good workout tonight, but still these feelings remain.

The habits and thought patterns of many years won''t change overnight, or even over a couple of years I have found. This is something I will need to work at, and like with anything, it takes practise and perseverence. I mention this because it isn''t easy at times, I have always had a difficult relationship with food. I wouldn''t want anyone who reads especially, to think I have all the answers, and that I have got it all together - I haven''t! BUT...the same as everyone here, I keep working at it in my own way, sometimes it is easier than others, but no worthwhile journey is without it''s rocks in the path.

Because I have chosen to stay on this path towards healthier living, although it isn''t perfect, the effort and rewards have influenced so many areas of my life in such a positive way. I am healthier and happier as a result, and that has got to be worth making the continued effort for!

Have a great week
35.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic opening Lorelei :) there is a lot of truth in what you said :)

I missed WWT last week I got fully consumed with work, working out and TV fairly sad
7.gif

But since my last post I have done a full week of PT sessions, and gone back to not eating wheat (I am wheat intolerant). I am starting to see the benefits physically in the sense that I feel fitter I have more energy, unfortunately for me I have yet to see the scales change even a smigen (a kilo at least would have been nice)
7.gif
which sucks but I try to stay focused: Rome was not built in a day and neither were my thighs. On the upside I think my fingers are getting smaller which is great as my new coming diamond should look BIGGER then before WHooT.

The sessions are good (you really feel that 1/2 hour there is no slacking) and I feel my strength increasing (maybe I am getting some muscles somewhere) but I feel as if I should do more, I am thinking of joining a gym and upping the ante on the WO''s but then I worry that it might be too much and burn out. What is the max a fairly unfit getting fitter person should exercise a day?

Wishing everyone a great and successful week :)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Brilliant opening Lorelei! I have to change many years of habits like that also. Am heading out on a hike now with Amber and I did my aerobics class this morning also so am feeling happy with the exercise thing! Hope you all have a great St Patrick''s Day!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Great opener, Lorelei! I have the same problem. I don''t really enjoy treats as much as I should b/c I feel the guilt the second I put something in my mouth that is unhealthy. I know I should really change that, and I am working on it. I think if I really enjoyed them, I might eat less of them. I think we just have to remember to focus on the positive and all the progress we have made instead of what is left to do sometimes. Hope everyone has a great day!

Dee, great job on the PT sessions. I would say 1/2 hour 5 days a week would be a good amount of exercise for someone starting out.

Bee, have fun on the hike!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2008 6:40:33 AM
Author:Lorelei
Happy new week!

It seems that on Sunday afternoons, I have now got into the habit of '' taking stock'' of my progress on this journey. This began some time ago, so that I could think through a helpful topic for the WWT, but recently I have found it is also a good thing for me to do personally. I have come a long way, but I still have work to do, and negative thoughts to overcome. One of the main things I need to work on is guilt. I hope to one day, be able to eat and enjoy my treats without any underlying feelings of guilt. Saturday evening, we had pizza and then some cookies and doritos ( what a mixture
32.gif
) and not the best food choices I could have made. I ate most of it, didn''t particularly enjoy it, then started to feel guilty as soon as I had finished. Now, I know I made up for it yesterday by eating far more carefully, and I will have a good workout tonight, but still these feelings remain.

Have a great week
35.gif
Good grief, you shoulda just had some carrot cake and been done with it.
25.gif
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy St. Patty's day; I have a lime green sweater I will be sporting in ABQ today. hehe My parents new little calf finally drank milk; the little calf was born recently and would not drink milk at all and finally after a couple of days he did, yay! So hopefully my parents will come back sooner than later; they have someone out there who takes care of their cows but they want to make sure the calf is health before they leave.
12.gif

I just realized tonight is Dancing w/the stars so I don't want to go out to eat. I hope to go for a walk provide it isn't windy again today; if it is then it will be an indoor workout for me!! I hope everyone has a fab St. Patty's day (hope you are wearing your green). hehe
2.gif

Lorelei, great opener!!! I think that hits home w/lots of us; I also think the guilt makes us go off track sometimes (so that rocks when we can reel it in, good for you). Sounds like you are doing the right things and a little of a good thing isn't bad
1.gif
Thanks for the reminder!!!

Marcy, that is wonderful you too pictures; I bet they look great!!! Any snow today?

Rod, have another fab workout and beautiful day!!!

Deelight, I think you are doing awesome; don't worry you are making good changes. Wow, you should be proud of the pt; lots of people put cardio before weights and now we are learning how beneficial weights are, so you are doing great!!

Bee, morning and cheers!!! Do they have green beer out there?hehe
41.gif

eta: Hey Steph & Ellen!!!
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/17/2008 8:24:28 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 3/17/2008 6:40:33 AM
Author:Lorelei
Happy new week!

It seems that on Sunday afternoons, I have now got into the habit of '' taking stock'' of my progress on this journey. This began some time ago, so that I could think through a helpful topic for the WWT, but recently I have found it is also a good thing for me to do personally. I have come a long way, but I still have work to do, and negative thoughts to overcome. One of the main things I need to work on is guilt. I hope to one day, be able to eat and enjoy my treats without any underlying feelings of guilt. Saturday evening, we had pizza and then some cookies and doritos ( what a mixture
32.gif

Have a great week
35.gif
Good grief, you shoulda just had some carrot cake and been done with it.
25.gif
9.gif
ROFL!!! I know, the pizza, sodium cookies and Doritos weren''t much of a subsitute
hehe23.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

Yesterday turned into a resting day for both J and I and I am slowly but surely getting better. We went out to dinner last night, had 1/2 a chicken sandwhich and french fries.

I''ve lost some weight in the last week or so, probably from taking Sudafed and being sick which means I''m not so hungry. I''m down to 124.6, my weight has only been this low once before and I''m not excited about it like thought I would be. Probably because it''s not from exercising like I normally do.

Lorelei, food has always been a struggle for me in my adult life and probably always will be. Thanks for being so honest about it. I think it helps lurkers to realize this doesn''t come easy to most people. I don''t feel bad for eating the occasional fries and burger, but I do always worry about the scale. I''ve gotten better about this over time, especially since joining this thread and counting calories which put me in control rather than food, but it''s never been easy.

Have a great St. Paddy''s Day all!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your kind words Kimmie and everyone! It seems that if I post my own thoughts and struggles, it seems to help in some way, rather than having a gung ho, evangelical approach - ''oh this is so easy'' blah blah - it isn''t!!! I hope in posting my own concerns and issues, that it helps some who may be struggling realize that they are not alone, and that battling on through is the key! In todays world, us fortunate ones don''t have to worry about finding food/ fuel to stay alive, but even abundance can bring it''s own issues...

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I usually don''t feel guilty when I''m eating "contraband", but it usually doesn''t take long for my body to let me know that it doesn''t like those things anymore, by giving me an upset tummy.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
morning wwt! sounds like everyone had a good weekend, i enjoyed mine. some celebrating st pattys day with friends, some exercising (horseback riding and biking), and, thanks to all the talk on this thread, some baking. there were several very ripe bananas leftover from a meeting at work on friday, so i took some and made banana bread, yum.

food today: pumpkin muffin for breakfast, something at an asian restaurant for lunch (we''re welcoming a new team member), and a salad with roasted golden beets, oranges, goat cheese, and walnuts for dinner, plus fresh grapefruit and a gnu fiber bar for snacks. i am excited about the salad - it''s a dish i had while visiting DC a few months ago and this is my first attempt at recreating it. i have zumba class tonight for a workout.

great opener, lorelei, and so true!

kimberly, glad you are feeling better (finally!)

hello to everyone else!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick checkin.............

Great opener as usual Lorelei. I''m right there on the guilt thing. You know how guilty I feel if I have pizza, or like this weekend, Frozen Custard. But, I need to cut myself some slack and allow a few indulgences along the way.

Anyway, not much going on today. It''s breezy and beautiful outside, so after lunch we''ll likely head out and sit under the oak and have coffee. Since it''s Monday, no workout today, so other than coffee, I''m not sure what we''ll get into.

Anyway, just wanted to wish everyone a good start to the new week. I''ll check back in later.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I went to my TBT class today...it was tough as always, so I got a good workout. And the arm is completely healed but looking good enough that I can now leave it exposed and not scare anyone. I had wanted to walk yesterday but it was just so windy, so instead I focued my energy on spring cleaning. By the way Target has some really cute laundry baskets.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just back from our hike now and myself, Amber and D are all dozing on the couch-it was so windy up the top of the mountain but other than that it was a gorgeous day. I''m just going to do an omelette or something like that for dinner as it''s only me. Hope that everyone is having a good day. I haven''t seen any green beer Skippy but I''m sure they''re selling it somewhere over here!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all (still morning here)...

re: feelings of guilt or like you should be doing something else...i totally feel them as well. i think it's normal especially as you mentioned lorelei, years of eating one way or feeling one way does not get changed overnight or even with one or two years. think about habits, they take years to become ingrained. i am happy that exercise and eating well a lot of the time is a habit that i have adopted and don't have to think about much anymore, but the habit i cannot break is my love of sweets. forget doritos...i want cupcakes! or cake! or cookies. or all three. hehee. i imagine it could take years to really 'change' that habit into something that i feel super comfortable with.

bee, you asked about a cupcake recipe, ha ha well i have tons that i have been gathering from multiple sources. i just perfected my double chocolate one this wkd after a few tries. what kind of cupcakes do you want to make and i can post a recipe for you. a great blog for recipes is
www.cupcakeblog.com.

the kahlua ones came out FAB. i really loved them. last nite i made dark chocolate sour cream cupcakes with bailey's irish whipped buttercream frosting. they were SO YUMMY. i really love liquers with dark chocolate so those two combos are just so yummy for me. i brought them to work and saved 2 for us at home. but we still have some of the other ones too. too many cupcakes!

anyway, my jeans are tight on my belly so i need to reign in all this beautiful cupcakery. i figure about a week of eating cleaner and i'll be back to normal. so today i just had my regular breakkie and a light n'fit. at lunch i'm going to TJ's to do some grocery shopping i didn't get done this wkd, and will eat something from there most likely. then dinner i am going to get us TJ's shepherd's pies as our little st. patty's day celebratory dinner yet healthy, only 390 cals per 16oz pie. love these things. plus it means we can share a cuppie as dessert hehee.

i didn't work out yesterday but we walked the SF garden show for 4 hours so that counts, plus i carted so much crap to the car that my arms are sore today, so that definitely counts. doing pilates with my trainer tonite. i am starting to get so into pilates. i love how my hips feel sore after using the reformers. plus i want it to lean me out slightly. and it works abs fabulously.

anyhow, happy monday all!! bee let me know what recipe you are thinking of...or check out the blog up above for her recipes which are fab.

oh and here is my double chocolate one that i perfected last nite if anyone is interested. it's not healthy though if you make minis it's much more healthy than a big fat one cuppie. however, when made as below the cupcakes are not that bad for you actually, about 200 cals each, WITHOUT frosting. my recommendation is to make the cake as below as it's hard to change a perfected recipe but then go light on the frosting or just make a 'glaze' which is so much lighter than a buttercream frosting.

Double Chocolate Sour Cream Cupcakes
2c strong brewed hot coffee
1 1/4c unsweetened cocoa (hersheys)
1 1/2c baking sugar
1.5 sticks unsalted butter (3/4c)
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs & 1 egg white
2c all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
3/4c well shaken buttermilk (if you don't have it, mix 3/4c of any milk with 1 tbls of lemon juice to create, let sit 10 min)
1/4c sour cream

mix coffee and cocoa with a whisk til a smooth paste forms. cream butter and sugar in stand mixer 3 minutes til fluffy. add eggs and white, mix to combine. add vanilla, mix to combine. whip til fluffy, 3-4 minutes. in medium bowl, mix buttermilk and sour cream with whisk. whisk into the cocoa/coffee past til smooth and liquidy. in other medium bowl, sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together. with stand mixer on low, add in flour bowl and cocoa/coffee/buttermilk/sour cream bowl to stand mixer, alternating bowls as you go. aka add in some flour mixture, let combine, add in cocoa mixture, let combine...repeat til flour and cocoa mixtures are gone. don't overbeat, keep stand on low to not let too much air into the batter. in the meantime, preheat oven to 350 (use thermometer to gauge temp!), fill your muffin cups and bake. 16-20 minutes depending on oven for large cuppies and about 8-10 for minis. use fork or cake tester, done when clean...do not overbake, sometimes you think they need another minute but that's one minute too long. they continue to bake slightly in the cups after you remove, let sit in baking tin for 5 minutes then remove to cooling rack. let cool entirely before frosting.

i used bailey's irish cream whipped buttercream frosting which is basically butter, confectioners sugar, baileys, and 1/2c whipped heavy cream. whip butter and sugar til fluffy, add whipped cream and beat on high til amazingly crazy fluffy. add baileys. pipe or smooth onto cupcakes. YUM.

again to make the recipe healthier, use a light glaze frosting rather than a buttercream or whipping cream frosting. the cupcakes themselves are only about 200 cals, frosting can be 100-200 cals depending on how much you use. but a glaze would just be like confectioners sugar with some water, maybe a bit of whipping cream, and the baileys.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for that Mara! The cupcakes on that blog have made me soooo hungry! I''m not sure which ones I want to make-easy ones as I''ve never really baked before....maybe chocolate or vanilla ones with some nice icing on top
1.gif
How many calories are normally in a cupcake? Or how do you work it out when you''re making them? Thanks again

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
those chocolate ones i posted are pretty easy actually if you follow the dirs. i made the Billy's Vanilla Vanilla cupcakes last week, from the martha stewart website ...find the recipe there. they are supposedly modeled after the Billy's cupcakes in the NYC bakery, competitor to Magnolia Bakery! they turned out really yummy. don't overbake!

as for how i figure cals...well i'm like a walking calorie calculator thanks to doing it for so long while losing my weight. but here are the basics.

1/4c flour=100 cals
1 egg=60-70 cals
1 egg white=20 cals
1c sugar=700 cals (varies slightly)
1 stick butter=800 cals (100 cals per tblspoon, 8 in a stick)
1c confectioners sugar=500-600 cals
1c fat free milk=90 cals (aka i used 3/4c fat free and lemon juice to make buttermilk for the recipe)

sour cream, just take off the label but i figured like 30-40 cals for 2 oz.
stuff like coffee is minimal cals so i figured like 15. same with baking powder, baking soda...it's very minimal like 10 cals each.
cocoa powder...not sure how much offhand but figured like 500-600 cals per cup. you can just google online or use from back of can
(ETA i just googled and it's only 320 per cup for cocoa, wow! so mine are even less cals than i thought hahaha).

i did a lot of baking when i was losing weight and adaptations on making stuff healthier so i learned all this. google is your friend also, quite easy to google 'calories cup sugar'. and as you bake, most of what you use is going to have cals/fat on it. so you just add it all up. then divide by however many cupcakes you get. that is the per item value.

funny thing is that all those ingredients in the cupcake is like 200 cals but the frosting is like 1c butter, 3c confectioners sugar and some milk, and some whipped cream so it comes out to be like 150 cals per cupcake on frosting...kinda funny that it's 1/2 and 1/2.

oh and random other note, but if you want to save cals but still have a yummy treat, make vanilla cuppies instead of chocolate. then you omit the cocoa (so save like 500-600 cals right there) and the coffee...use a bit more buttermilk or a bit less flour most likely. and put in a double dose of vanilla...it's minimal cals for the flavor.

other ways to add a lot of flavor but not cals is using the extracts like mint or lemon etc.

hope that helps!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Lorelei, thank you again for starting our thread every week with something so personal and always so wise. While I think we do have to be forgiving of ourselves when we indulge a little or even a lot I think it’s good we have a tinge of remorse just to keep ourselves on track. I also notice that so many of us don’t enjoy a splurge as much as we thought we would and that too is a good thing. As you said, perseverance and persistence is required to overcome and change our eating habits. The percentage of my life I have spent choosing wisely is very small compared to my entire life spent recklessly eating anything and everything I desired – most of it sugary and fatty. I am glad your hard work has influenced and helped so many areas of your life. I know my life, my health, my self esteem and my happiness have all vastly improved since I became a “normal” sized person.
Deelight, that is wonderful you are working out a lot and feeling the benefits of it. Have patience on seeing the scale go down. It will soon.
Bee, yay for doing your aerobics class and going for a hike. I walked up and down our 2 buildings during lunch today and I am going to walk on the TM tonight.
Steph, good point to point on the progress we’ve made and stay positive.
Hi Ellen.
Skippy, glad to hear the little calf is doing better. Our snow is all melted. Yippee! I love this time of year. We get a storm, it’s icy in the morning and by noon it’s gone.
Kimi, glad to hear you and John are getting better. That is a heck of a way to loose weight though. I do the same thing when I eat something I shouldn’t; I don’t really beat myself up for it but I sure worry about what the scale will show me the next day.
Appletini, I hear you on the tummy protesting. It is something I remember for awhile and helps keep me out of some things.
Shortblonde, banana nut bread sounds yummy.
Rod, I hope you had a lovely time under the oak tree today.
Mara, your cupcakes sound yummy especially with the bailey’s in the frosting. I think I’ll quit while I’m ahead and NOT print out your recipe. Of course one of these nights I’ll be digging through old threads trying to find it.
Have a great evening.
35.gif

Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Nightime All,

It''s so exciting that we''re both on the mend. I''m about 85% and on the upswing. John''s got a ways more to go. Still not very hungry. Today I ate oatmeal for breakfast, as always, a protien bar and some almods for lunch and fruit salad, some asparagus and a bit of meat for dinner. A neigbor''s dog is wandering around our yard so I gave him the rest of my roast.

I''m going to have to find a way to fit in my workouts again, somehow, but the logistics are quite complicated and will be until student teaching ends. Then I''ll wrap up school and be totally done, but right now I''m basically working two full time jobs and when I''m done at the end of the day I just want to crash. I knew this was going to be a tough 3 months but I think I underestimated how time consuming it was really going to be.

Lorelei, I believe my mom will be making carrot cake for Easter dinner, should I plan on sending you some? I''m so glad you appreciated my use of the word ''bugger.'' I was quite proud of myself.

Skip, enjoy your time without DH. I hope you''re not too lonely. Curling up alone with a book sounds like heaven to me.

Mara, your cupcakes sound so delicious, and they look so darn beautiful. I have no finesse when it comes to making food look nice, but it usually tastes good.

Marcy, being a slave to the scale is miserable. If you were here I''d certainly take you up on your offer to assist at astronomy night. I forgot to bring it up to my cooperating teacher today.

I''m going to relax for a bit before falling asleep. Tomorrow is going to be even more crazy then today as we have play tickets at 7pm, which means I have to be ready to walk out the door (either the classroom or house) by 5.

Have a great night all.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening All,

We did enjoy our time under the oak at Sbucks this afternoon. It was just so peaceful and utterly beautiful this afternoon. At least if we had to be unemployed, this is the best time of the year to be in this position. We did officially list the condo this afternoon. In a way it''s sad. In a way it''s a relief. We know we can''t afford to keep this place long term, so this is the best decision at this point in our lives. Once we get an offer (let''s hope we do get one soon) then we can start looking for our next (much more affordable) place. Sushi was nice as usual. We knew we wouldn''t be able to part anywhere near our Monday night sushi place because there''s an Irish Pub on the same side of the street, so we actually parked at Sbucks and just walked a few blocks to get there. Man, was that Irish Pub ever crowded inside and outside (they have a huge outside deck too). I think every young person in Tampa was there and the cover charge we saw was $20 and they were lined up forever, just to get in there. I''ve never really gotten St. Patties day as a day to party, but then I''ve never been a party boy either. I do love the urban feel of the area we live in though, so we won''t look very far from where we live when it''s time to move.

I hadn''t mentioned this before, but I have an interview in the morning. I''m not expecting much from this as the guy I spoke with sounded luke warm on whether they even wanted to fill a position right now. Still, it''s an opportunity to get out and meet someone new and who knows what will come of it.

I guess that about does it for the day. Tomorrow''s a gym day as are Wed and Thur too. Sleep well everyone.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I walked 22 minutes on the TM and burned off 100 calories. My new purse arrived in the mail today so I need to move the stuff from the old purse to the new one tonight. I still have papers to grade to I’ll do that after I get ready for bed.
Kimi, that is wonderful you are doing better. My DH says I am too obsessed with what the scale says but I find it keeps me focused and honest so I continue to pay it a visit every morning. I’ll be anxious to hear how your astronomy night with the kids goes. Have fun at the play tomorrow.
Rod, I figure every interview is good practice and you never know what will come out of it. I’m sure taking the final steps to try and sell your condo was difficult but I agree with your decision to put it on the market. I hope you get a lot of interest in it and have no problems selling it.

Sweet dreams (most of us will probably be dreaming of Mara’s dreamy chocolate cupcakes anyway).
Marcy

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! Happy Monday and St. Patty''s day!
35.gif

Glad everyone had a good weekend.

Lorelei ... I still don''t know how you cook this stuff up on a Monday but your opener was excellent again. It''s like it is easier to train your body to work out and to get into a habit of eating healthy foods, however, it IS incredibly difficult to change the way you think. I think that this is partly or maybe even majorly a reason that people may feel or perceive themselves as failing during the weight loss or getting fit/healthy process. This overwhelming feeling of failure or defeat leads people to decide to make poor choices, b/c why not, right, and then things just sort of spiral down from there. As you mentioned, in tandem with other positive changes, it is important to also master the skill of living a guilt free life. Try to make the best decisions you can and, if you choose not to make a good decision, move on from that and let it go. This is something I struggle with and will have to remember to work on as well ... thanks for the reminder.

To another good and productive week...

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all!
35.gif

I''ve just accepted a new job which will require me to go for 5 months of training (both classroom and physical work) in the hot and humid Georgia weather.

I''m feeling very intimidated because I don''t feel like I''m as in shape as I should be and I''m going to be completely run over if I don''t get my fitness and "health" level up. As such, I''ve recently begun a running/jogging/walking program, and have also started doing pilates. Today I walked 2 miles (not part of the aforementioned program) and felt good.

Unfortunately my mind thinks that because I''m being more active and getting more exercise than usual, I can also eat *more* unhealthy stuff than I normally would. I know this is completely illogical and is totally incorrect, but I''m struggling with it.

Thanks for listening!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2008 2:50:32 AM
Author: star sparkle
Hi all!
35.gif

I've just accepted a new job which will require me to go for 5 months of training (both classroom and physical work) in the hot and humid Georgia weather.

I'm feeling very intimidated because I don't feel like I'm as in shape as I should be and I'm going to be completely run over if I don't get my fitness and 'health' level up. As such, I've recently begun a running/jogging/walking program, and have also started doing pilates. Today I walked 2 miles (not part of the aforementioned program) and felt good.

Unfortunately my mind thinks that because I'm being more active and getting more exercise than usual, I can also eat *more* unhealthy stuff than I normally would. I know this is completely illogical and is totally incorrect, but I'm struggling with it.

Thanks for listening!
Welcome!

Good for you for starting your exercise program! I think once you start to really up your fitness levels and see results, then you will want to eat clean, so that you get the maximum benefit you can. I have read of folks who say they can eat what they want because they exercise so much, but I often wonder... By going overboard on unheathly food means you aren't getting the benefits from the workouts you deserve, so keep that in mind and see if it helps. Commit for cutting down on unhealthy food for a week as that should be doable, then see how you feel. This should help break the cycle.

Congrats on the new job, what will you be doing if you don't mind me asking?

Yay for me, I did hour and 3/4 last night weights and cardio, watch out Jay Cutler, you have competition!
41.gif

Kimmie, you did use bugger beautifully!
9.gif

Thanks Spark!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Tuesday everyone! This evening I have my WW meeting and bootcamp afterwards so just studying during the day.

Mara-thanks for that really helpful info-I''ve bookmarked it on my laptop! I''m going to head to the supermarket in a little while to get some ingredients! Wish me luck!!

Marcyc-Well done for that exercise during your lunch break! I probably would have gotten the lift down
3.gif
I''m the same in that I''ve been trying to make better choices but during my life, I''ve normally eaten so much rubbish rather than healthy stuff. Oh well,at least I''ve started now. Congrats on the 100 cals burnt also! What purse did you get?

Rod-best of luck in the interview! Knock em dead!! Glad you had a relaxing afternoon yesterday!

Star-congrats on the new job and on starting the new exercise programme! I know exactly what you mean about the exercise more/eat more thing-it''s so hard to get over that although I do get some days where I''m just not that hungry after exercising and other days where I could eat everything in sight!! I''m hoping it balances out.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good morning all! I am just doing a quick check in....we are heading off to Sea World today. We got our season passes yesterday, and we''re going with Adam''s aunt and the 2 kids she watches during the day. Andrew is so excited b/c he loves fish and dolphins! Anyway, just a quick question....does anyone know if it is okay for a 3 year old to be drinking a small amount of a protein smoothie? I have been making myself one everyday and Andrew took a sip of mine and loved it. I''m just not sure if it is okay since I add the protein powder to it? Hope everyone has a great day!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Well no working out for me today because I''m having a lunch meeting, and the weather is going to be quite nasty so no walk in the sunshine after work either.
7.gif

And last night was a mini-splurge fest, had I not been the hostess I probably would have induldged more. But I had the girls over for a bachelor watching party, and while picking up some last minute things at the store I opted for some St. P day cupcakes, which I brought to work today to get them out of the house. But the best part is I finally found the pefect mac & cheese recipe complete with pancetta and spinach. We also had green beer and appletinis but after only have a few sips of my drink I later found that someone finished mine off for me and I was too lazy to make another one...so water it was.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Just a quick check-in. All is well here. My wisdom teeth extraction went pretty well, although I''m still not sure how I got home...The little man did really well with Nana and Papa for 2 days, I think they went a bit nuts though. Been very busy trying to get my bedroom and my sis''s living room done. (which I must add is kind of difficult when every time I bend over, I''m sure my remaining teeth are going to fall out.) Trying to get stuff in order for 3 Easters. Taking my sister junking today. (We have a couple consignment and second-hand shops, they have no idea what some of their stuff is worth!)

I''ve been eating tons of pasta since it''s soft, and I could REALLY go for a steak or a nice roast now.

hope all is going well for the WWTers.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all...!!

i''m a bad girl but here are my cupcakes for st patty''s day i made for yesterday in this picture. they turned out cute and a few coworkers were so sweet to say they looked professional. they were so good !! i only had the samples from the night i made them, we have 3 left but 2 are going to work today for coworkers and greg will most likely eat the last one tonite!

bee hope your cuppies turn out fab...i''m sure they will!

went to pilates last nite...did an hour of it with my trainer. i''m getting pretty good on the reformers and learning to better my technique which is good. i also feel like it really elongates my body and muscles, and feel like visually it does make you a bit more lean. kinda interesting. basically i have cut back entirely on any weights with my trainers and solely do pilates (legs, arms, abs) with them 2-3x a week. on my own i do cardio, abs, and arm weight exercises (learned from trainers) at my work gym 3x a week. so i''m back into my routine and loving it for sure. eventually i''ll graduate from having to use the trainer on the pilates machines and i can use them on my own which will be great!!

yesterday eating was quite good too, trying to reign it in slightly from sugar coma. i think i have been consuming too much sugar because yest afternoon after not really having any, i was totally craving some. so i had a mini cuppie and a slice of lemon pound cake which fixed me...but i sooo want to get out of that ''habit'' and back to just wanting it rather than feeling like i have to have it. so that''ll be my goal this week. plus i''ll help smoothe my belly out a bit as carbs go straight to my waist.

last nite we had TJ''s shepherd''s pies for dinner, 400 cals and so filling..so that was our little st. patrick''s celebration. greg also had his second and we think final round of interviews with the execs for this new gig, and he feels like things went really well, they seem to love him, so we are keeping fingers crossed -- this would be a wonderful opp in many ways and he really needs to leave his company where he''s so unhappy but they pay him to stay. so i can''t wait til he gets outta there.

random but i was complaining about cupcakes and sweets yesterday at the training gym and this new gal who was just starting her workouts was like ''well you look wonderful so it''s obviously okay'' and i told her she was sweet...and she was like well you are so young you don''t have to worry and i was like..again you''re sweet, but WAY OFF hahhaa. she thought i was 27 or 28. i was like awwww...add a 5 to that...but thanks anyway. so it just reminded me that we can be very critical of ourselves when others think we are doing great.

today is a regular workday...it''s lovely outside though we might get rain thurs/fri so my friend and i will go for a long walk at lunch..and then i will do cardio tonite at the work gym. meeting a friend for dinner, she is trying to lose weight and wants to pick my brain so we are going to try to make it a little healthier...so we''ll see where we end up.

anyhow, happy tuesday all!! everyone sounds like they are plugging along, no one was ''too naughty'' for st. pattys day which is good hehee. welcome to the new people joining our little group. i can''t remember what else i read specifically to people other than steph is going to sea world and her son wants to drink her protein shakes. i would imagine sips aren''t a big deal steph but if you make him his own, maybe omit the pp.

baileys irish c.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Mara: Your cupcakes look Yummmmmmmy. They do look like they were done by a professional baker. Then again, everything you bake looks professional
9.gif

ACK!!!!! I fell off the wagon and gained 3 pounds. I know it is no big deal and they will come off. I just did a little over eating with DH over the weekend. I was really down on myself, but then though HEY it happens and the pounds WILL come back off.

Marcy: I was thinking about you and your sister. My neighbor told me over the weekend that I was getting too skinny. She is very overweight. I am no way "too skinny" It is hard for me to understand sometimes why people make us feel bad when we are losing weight.

BTW: Did Mrs. Salvo have her baby yet?????????? I was thinking of her this morning and hadn''t read anything!!!

Rod: I do hope the interview goes well this morning. I feel bad you and Charlie are selling your Condo. I know you will find a house you both love though.

Hi Everyone
35.gif

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results