shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 18th March till 24th March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Hi WWTers.

Just a quick check in today--I came down with Kris'' cold on Sunday night and have been flat on my back since. I don''t feel as feverish today as I did yesterday, so that''s good, but my sinuses are on strike and I''m coughing like a champ. Needless to say, no exercise for me for the last couple of days, since I can barely get out of bed.
7.gif
I''m going to try to at least get up and fold laundry today, though--we have two baskets sitting waiting to be folded. On the plus side (sort of), Kris is still sick and home from work, so we can at least commiserate. Sunday and yesterday all we did is watch movies--"Cookie''s Fortune", "Everyone Says I Love You" and "Secretary" on Sunday and "Grosse Point Blank", "The Great Escape", "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" and "War Games" yesterday. We at least celebrated St. Paddy''s a little bit by having a Guinness with dinner (alcohol kills germs, right?)

Anyhow, it sounds like everyone is doing great.

Lorelei, great opener, as usual. I find myself feeling guilty when I splurge on food, but I try to remember that eating healthily overall will balance it out.

Mara, your cupcakes look divine--I may have to jump on the bandwagon and get a mini-cupcake tray. Where do you get your (cup)cake decorating supplies?

Rod, good luck on your job interview this morning.

Sorry to everyone else that I''m not replying individually--my head feels like it''s about to explode, so I''m going to try to nap a bit. Have a great Tuesday, all.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara I hope that is REAL CREAM FROSTING I see on those cuppies
16.gif

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei: Thank you! It''s definitely a mind over matter thing, and I hope that soon I stop craving the unhealthy stuff. Even my idea of "healthy" probably isn''t all that healthy in reality, but I suppose baby steps are better than no steps! My new job is going to be as a special agent/criminal investigator for the Department of Homeland Security, which is very exciting but also extremely intimidating!!

bee*: Thanks! I''m glad I''m not the only one who reacts this way. Hope WW goes well tonight!

steph: I don''t know the answer to your question, but have fun at Sea World!

Mara: Your cupcakes look delish! From what I recall we''re practically neighbors, so you better keep those locked up! ;-)

lp: Hope you feel better soon!

I''m about to start my pilates workout for the day, then I''ll go running a bit later this afternoon.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2008 1:46:25 PM
Author: star sparkle
Lorelei: Thank you! It''s definitely a mind over matter thing, and I hope that soon I stop craving the unhealthy stuff. Even my idea of ''healthy'' probably isn''t all that healthy in reality, but I suppose baby steps are better than no steps! My new job is going to be as a special agent/criminal investigator for the Department of Homeland Security, which is very exciting but also extremely intimidating!!
The new job sounds really exciting - congrats again!

I am thinking if you perhaps try to work out a good eating plan for yourself, and make sure you include enough protein to keep you feeling full and fuelled, cut out the less nutritious foods for a couple of weeks, you could find you crave them less. I have found this with sugar, the more I ate, the more I wanted. I cut some of it out for a week, and really noticed I didn''t crave it nearly as much. Keep going until you find a way of eating which works for you!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woohoo I baked-I feel so domesticated now
3.gif
I decided to do mini-muffins instead of cupcakes so that I didn''t need to use icing on top. It''s about two and a half points per muffin which isn''t too bad. I can''t try them until after bootcamp though so hopefully they taste nice. I lost half a pound on WW this week-I''m a bit disappointed with it but considering that I ate out about five times in the past week I know I shouldn''t be.

Steph-have a great time in SeaWorld-I loved it there.

Mara-your cupcakes look so amazing. They put my mini-muffins to shame!

ladypirate-hope you feel better soon.

Well I''m off to bootcamp now-wish me luck
14.gif
9.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry about the tiny photo-it was taken on my mobile phone but here''s a pic of my ickle muffins!

beeminimuffins.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
your cuppies came out great bee!! you could also do a really light glaze which wouldn''t be bad for you at all since it''s so watery...and just give a tiny bit of flavor.

Lorelei OF COURSE it''s real whipped cream!! It is actually butter, confectioners sugar, heavy cream, and Baileys all whipped into a mad frenzy. It''s SO yummy.

forget who asked but i get my supplies at local shops so far like sur la table and domus, kitchen shops basically...but i will place an order most likely on wilton.com which is one of the main decorating companies who makes icing tips, pans, colorings etc. they also have a lot of great tips on their website!

for pans and the like i shop at BBB and target, i don''t go specialty on any of that hehe.

going to head out for lunch...walking about 3/4 of a mile to whole foods with a friend to get some fruit and chicken, then come back for afternoon meetings. happy tues all.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2008 3:08:05 PM
Author: Mara
your cuppies came out great bee!! you could also do a really light glaze which wouldn''t be bad for you at all since it''s so watery...and just give a tiny bit of flavor.

Lorelei OF COURSE it''s real whipped cream!! It is actually butter, confectioners sugar, heavy cream, and Baileys all whipped into a mad frenzy. It''s SO yummy.
Yum....yum some more....
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Bee, well done, those wee cuppies look smashing!

While we are on the cuppy subject, I have just got back from the village store, they had the cutest little edible cupcake flowers ( so guess who bought two packs
27.gif
)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh lorelei i wanna see!!

i bought the cutest little mini puffy wire pastel chicks that are not edible for easter cuppie decorating last week. greg was like what are these? decor! i thought i could make grass on the cupcake tops and then put a few mini cadbury eggs and a chick on each one! hahaha.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2008 3:15:40 PM
Author: Mara
oooh lorelei i wanna see!!

i bought the cutest little mini puffy wire pastel chicks that are not edible for easter cuppie decorating last week. greg was like what are these? decor! i thought i could make grass on the cupcake tops and then put a few mini cadbury eggs and a chick on each one! hahaha.
Here you go Mara Supercook Sugar Flowers

Great idea with the Easter chick cuppies! I am going to make some Easterish ones I think, perhaps lemon icing with pinky flowers on top!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
ok, somebody has to say it - IX-NAY ON ALL THE CUPCAKE TALK!!!! this is supposed to be the heathy workout thread and you are all giving me serious sugar cravings! (i know cupcakes can be part of a healthy lifestyle...but they''re not supposed to be the focus!)

ok, down to business. i weighed myself at the gym last night, and the few pounds that mysteriously showed up last week are still hanging around. so, i need to buckle down and eat clean for the next couple weeks to get them to leave! i''m going back to my "no snacks at the office" rule, which is easier in many ways. breakfast was steel-cut oats with banana, lunch the leftover roasted beet/goat cheese salad (which turned out great!), lara bar for a pre-gym snack, and thai curry tofu and veggies for dinner. i''ll hit the gym after work for 45 minutes on the elliptical.

hope everyone is having a great day!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mara and Lorelei! I'm watching sex and the city now so am going to have a cupcake while looking at it so I'll report back how they taste.

Bootcamp was actually quite enjoyable tonight even though it was very hard. I think it's because I can feel my fitness improving already-I could run for so much longer tonight and that's always a boost. I'm actually quite looking forward to Thursday's lesson now.

SB-I'm also going to be very strict on the food thing for the next week. I'd really like to lose a bit more than half a lb next week.

Hope you all have an enjoyable Tuesday!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all! Tonights muscle hour was extra hard; I don't know if it was me or the class??? We did lots of leg work w/the sliders (little round disks that slide) and body bar. We did lots of ab work, and arms; this time we used the body bar more and the tube.
3.gif

Today was a good day; it is my allergy shot day. I found out I am allergic to peanuts and soy but not rice. I guess I just have to make sure those things don't bother me. The nurse and receptionist are super sweet where I get my shots and like to chit chat which is fun.

A while back ago I was reading T is for Trespassing, and the receptionist wanted to read it when I was done so I gave it to her. Then she passed it on the the nurse and the nurse passed it on to her dad; today, they were so cute because they kept going on and on about how good the book was (it made me happy they enjoyed it so much). hehe
1.gif

I also went to TJ's and bought a few meals so I don't go to a lot of trouble cooking for myself since hubby is gone; he says he is fine and people are pretty friendly in Atlanta. This Sunday I am having Easter dinner at my house; I volunteered because my mom needs a hip replacement and it is hard for her to cook even though she insisted, I insisted even more to have it at my house. haha It will be nice out so maybe it can be outside on our patio and enjoy the beautiful day w/family
2.gif
Btw, my parents are home because the the calf drank milk again yay!!! My parents said the little calf started jumping around (it is only 5 days old so that is so cute to see them playful). hehe
12.gif
Baby animals are darling, I just love them!!!
face23.gif

Well, I finished watching Charlie Brown and I am going to eat a big salad for dinner and then Dancing w/the Stars, yay!!! Have a wonderful evening all!

Steph, I bet you and Andrew had fun today, sounds like a blast!

Mara, that is cute the lady thought you were 5 years younger; you are young. I don't guess because there have been times I got it wrong and it was bad!
39.gif
Good for your workout.

Marcy, how is the knee? My sister invited me to go on a 10 mile walk this Friday but I said no because the walk is far from home and I am not sure if my knee is 100% and this place has lots of hills. Maybe next time. I think the idea of you going to the VLA, Meteor, AZ and the Grand Canyon are a great idea; Bryce would be beautiful too!!!

Rod, hope your interview went well; I am sure you rocked!!! I hope they have an opening
1.gif
How was your workout? Do you like Dancing w/the Stars? Sorry about the condo but that is probably a smart idea, sending you a big hug.

Bee, hope you had fun at WW; we have this wonderful leader for our class. . . everyone loves her, she is very vivacious. How did you get the cupcakes down to 2 1/2 pts? I entered Mara's recipe in the WW recipe builder on etools and used low fat sour cream, egg beaters and low fat buttermilk and came out w/10 points for 8 mini's. Maybe you could post your recipe in her cupcake thread please. Yay for 1/2 lb, you did great! Great job Bee, my fellow WW!!!

Shortblonde, hehe it was getting tough for me too see those cc. Good for you buckling down; I have buckled down too and it really helps I lost 2.7 lbs last week by doing that. Enjoy the elliptical!

Star Sparkle, congrats on the new job!!!

Hey Miss Lorelei, how is Jazmine?

Kimi, gald you are getting better, sweetie! Don't work too hard!

Hey Ladypirate, Apple, Linda, Sparks and Somethingshiny, hope you have a speedy and painless recovery.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone!!

Thanks for the good wishes for my interview. I think it went well. This is really my second interview with this company. I never mentioned the first one. I''d certainly be interested in this company and the job if it was offered. The location couldn''t be better, that''s for sure. It''s like 4 miles from where we live. I sent a thank you (via email) this afternoon and I was surprised to receive a very nice and encouraging response from the Partner I interviewed with immediately, so that was encouraging. I guess time will tell if anything real comes of this. At least it was a positive experience. After the interview, I came home and had lunch with Charlie, then we sat under the oak for a cup of coffee at Sbucks and the weather just couldn''t have been any nicer if it tried. From there, I hit the gym and it''s funny how something positive, like a good interview could make my workout more powerful and enjoyable as well. I was just energized and pushed myself really hard and enjoyed every minute of it. For dinner, I had a nice bowl of homemade beef vegetable soup which was just yummy, and I had a piece of Motzah with a heart healthy spread. But I was still hungry, so we had a bowl of popcorn and watched American Idol. No plans except the gym for tomorrow.

Good for you burning 100 calories in 22 minutes on the treadmill Marcy!

Star sparkle, congrats on the new job! Wow, 5 months of training. Is this some kind of law enforcement? If you''re going to be working out more, try to get more healthy proteins in your diet as opposed to empty unhealthy calories. Good luck!

You go Lorelei with an hour and 3/4 workout. You''re heading into Rod territory with a workout that long!! Whoo Hoo!!

I hope bootcamp session 3 goes well bee*

Steph, I hope you had a great time at Seaworld. We haven''t been there in years. There was an ad on TV for them tonight and I guess they''re running a program for Florida residents where you buy a one day pass and it''s good for the rest of the year. Bush Gardens, here in Tampa does that too.

Sorry for bad weather stopping you from walking Appetini.

Hey STS, I hope you''re doing well and I''m gald the wisdon teeth extraction went well. I had mine removed when I was in college (about 100 years ago), but they weren''t impacted, so I was eating real food the very next day. Anyway, glad you''re doing OK.

Yes Mara, you are a bad bad bad girl. Posting such droolworthy pictures of your luscious cupcakes. You naughty naughty (please send me some right now) young lady! Nice complement from that gal at the gym. I''m also keeping my fingers crossed for Greg''s new opportunity!

Hey Linda. Don''t feel bad that we have to sell our condo. I love it for sure, but I''m sure I''ll love the next, but much more affordable place as well. And, don''t fret over 3 pounds. It could be nothing more than water retention.

So sorry you caught Kris''s cold LP. I hope you''re feeling better soon.

SB, you don''t have to have zero snacks at the office. You just need to have the right snacks. I actually lost more weight when I increased my intake of healthy fats, protein and fiber. I always have natural (not fried, or sugared, or salted, or processed in any way) almonds and raisins in a container. When I would feel a need to snack, I''d just eat a few almonds and raisins and I''d be satisfied. It also keeps the metabolism in higher gear throughout the day.

Skippy, I so glad to hear you had a good day
28.gif
And good for a HARD muscle hour. Sounds like you worked a lot of muscle groups and your body is so thanking you right now for that!! I''m sure you''re glad to know exactly what you''re allergic to as well. I know what you mean about not cooking when it''s just yourself. I wish we had a TJ''s here, but while Charlie is gone, I''m more likely to stop at the little grocery where we buy the homemade soups and pick up something prepared for dinner. I am definitely having lobster for Easter Dinner. I know the traditional meal is Lamb, but I''m in the mood for a lobster. Actually, Rod is ALWAYS in the mood for a lobster........LOL About Dancing with the Stars, sorry no. Not that I wouldn''t probably like it, but Charlie has a very low threshold for reality shows. I''m afraid American Idol is pretty much the only one he will sit through, so I don''t try to push other ones in there.

I guess that does it for me for the day. Have a good day tomorrow and I''m sure I''ll check in tomorrow evening for sure.

Hi everyone!

This thread moves so fast I can''t keep up with it! The cupcake pictures posted are awesome. I love cupcakes, I could eat half a dozen of them I bet. Whcih would be how I got into this weight problem in the first place...ugh! Anyone else out there with an out-of-control sweet tooth? I am okay with portion moderation for everything but sweets. It''s always been that way... even if I''m not hungry, if there''s cake or something, I won''t just stop at one piece but eat a couple of pieces. And you know how most people will only have a really small piece of something really rich or sweet? That doesn''t stop me from eating a whole bunch... anyone else like this? Any tips? I''ve just been eating almost no dessert except sugar free pudding cups, and drinking lots of tea with splenda. And when there are desserts at work, I have actually just not been eating any, because once I start it''s hard to stop eating them. I think I''m going to make a dessert for a party in a few weeks, and I''m considering making a regular one and then a "healthier" version (example, brownies and low-fat brownies, or cake and then cake with splenda and applesauce.) Anyone have any good low-calorie cake recipes?

Anyway, I''m trying to think positively about weight loss even though I am so frustrated because I have lost ONE pound in three weeks of eating 1200-1500 calories a day and exercising 5-6 times a week. I can''t figure out what''s up. Everytime I think about quitting my diet and trying a low-carb diet, I think about how many people posted when I wrote about this before that sometimes weight loss is just really variable and doesn''t mean I''m doing something wrong. So I appreciate this thread a lot, because this is such a discouraging process at times.

Anyway, it''s inspiring to read about how hard folks are this thread are working...keeps me motivated!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whooo hooo Rod on your interview. Good for you; you rock!!!
36.gif
Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you

Oh before I forget everyone!!! There is this new sugarfree fat free Jello Chocolate Mint Pudding that tastes like a chocolate mint girl scout cookie.
18.gif
Bee and other WW'ers just an fyi, it is only 1 point, whooo hooo
36.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Yay for cupcakes, good interviews, ellipticals, bootcamp, running and good books!

Namaste!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Questions...try measuring your body fat % or inches instead of pounds. Muscle weighs more than fat, so even though your body is changing for the better the scale won''t reflect that in pounds. My weight doesnt fluctuate but my body fat does and thats how I measure my progress. Keep up the good work!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I had a weird food day and know I went a bit over my calories but not like it was double or anything. We took a friend out for lunch who is quitting work this Friday. I had a few chips and salsa and 2 tacos. For supper we had some leftover soup and corn bread from the weekend and then I had a small dish of soft serve from DQ. I am stuck between minus 148 and 147 pounds and just keeping bouncing back and forth between them so I’m getting frustrated. I’ll NEVER make it to minus 150 – or so it seems.
Sparkalicious, you are right it is hard to learn to accept when we make bad decisions and just move on from there. I''ve gotten better at it though because I realize I am in control and will go back to eating wisely.
Hi Star Sparkle, your 5 months of training sounds very intense and like a very interesting job. Yay for doing so much exercise and I think you’ll find the right formula for eating as you get in to your new routine. Baby steps are always the best.
Lorelei, yippee for such an intense workout. You’re a champ!
Bee, glad you had fun at boot camp tonight. I got a Stone Mountain hobo that is seagreen. It’s a nice color for spring. Yay for both of us starting to eat less rubbish now even if it took us awhile to get there. That is wonderful you made some muffins and woo hoo for loosing ½ pound. Your muffins look great.
Steph, have fun at Sea World.
Appletini, your party sounds fun and yummy with mac and cheese. Bee you must try some soon.
Somethingshiny, glad to hear you are up and around after your teeth surgery. Have fun junking. I like your new flower avatar.
Mara, what nice compliments you got at the gym. Your cupcakes look very yummy. They had some at work yesterday but they didn’t look nearly as good as yours do.
Linda, rats for gaining 3 pounds. I am gaining and loosing the same pound right now and it’s driving me CRAZY. I know what you mean about people telling you that you are too skinny or shouldn’t loose any more weight. I guess people don’t realize how some of the comments come across. I hope I wasn''t like that when I was overweight, I was always happy for someone who was able to loose weight.
Ladypirate, I hope you feel better soon. Your movie marathon sounds fun. We enjoy “Grosse Point Blank” a lot. I think it’s one of Dan A’s better movies.
Shortblonde, LOL at "IX-NAY". Sorry to hear those pounds are still hanging around. Good plan to tighten up what you are eating.
Skippy, your muscle hour must have been a great workout. That is sweet of you to have the family over for Easter. I’ve been noticing the baby calves around here too. They are so cute. Rats for missing the Charlie Brown special. I do have it on DVD so I’ll have to watch it. My knee is better and the TM hasn’t really flared it up. My knees don’t generally hurt any worse than normal these days. What is Byrce? Is that a canyon? Maybe we’ll head south for our trip next year.
Rod, glad you think your 2nd interview went well this morning. Good luck and best wishes with that. I am glad you had a fun time at the gym. I am pretty tickled the TM is working for me. I keep working my speed up a little bit at a time.
Question, do continue with what your doing and you will loose weight. It sometimes just takes time. Sometimes I go in spurts then nothing for weeks. I mentioned a low cal cake last week – use an angel food cake mix and mix it with a can of crushed pineapple (juice included). Beat it up like a cake and bake it in a 9 x 13 pan. It’s great. I have a major sweet tooth too but I am lucky that I can eat a miniature candy bar and stop. My favorite treat these days is 60 grahams of slow churned ice cream. It’s anywhere from 100 to 150 calories depending on the flavor. Hang in there!

Well, I must go work on my program for Friday. Take care and have a great evening.
Laters,
Marcy

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!
Had a great day today ... back in the gym for me! Tried to have a reasonable lunch - salad. This is better than usual so I consider it progress.
28.gif

Congrats to everyone who has had little "wins" today ... Encouragement to those who are sick and struggling ... and ... nasty glares to Miss Mara for sharing those scrumptious looking cupcakes. YummmY
18.gif
I wonder why I have been craving cupcakes something awful for the past week or so??
25.gif

I love reading everyone''s updates .. thank you so much for sharing.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Marcy! I just put up my Easter Lily. (not MY lily, as in I grew it, mine as in I found the pic of it!!)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparkalicious - good for having a salad for lunch.

Somethingshiny, I love taking flower photos. I can''t wait for the end of May when it''s warm enough to plan flowers here.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am SO keeping everything crossed for you!!

Skip, Jasmine is doing fine thanks, she says hi to Auntie Skipsters!
35.gif

Thankys Marcy and Rod, I am going to try for another uber workout tonight!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning! No workout today for me as I''m in work nearly all afternoon and have to study this morning. I tried one of my muffins last night and it was really good. I can bake
9.gif

Skippy-that class sounds tough! Glad that your calf is doing better. I used a recipe that I found on the net so I''ll find it again and post it on the other thread. They were 2 1/2 per muffin so I think they are definitely higher in calories than your cupcakes! I''m only going to have one more myself and give the rest to D and my sisters. Our WW leader is amazing-I''ve had a few different leaders at different times that I''ve joined but this leader is my fave. She''s normal and understands that we all have good and bad days.

Rod-bootcamp was really good last night. Best of luck with the job!

Questions-don''t give up. If you keep at it, the weight will come off. I know how frustrating it is when you''re doing everything right and the weight loss is slow. Try varying your workout routine also so your body doesn''t get used to one workout.

Marcy-that''s amazing weight loss!! You will get to -150, just keep at it!! Wow I''m in awe!! Your bag sounds fab!

Spark-well done on getting back to the gym and having your salad for lunch. I''m really going to try and eat healthier the next few days!

Lorelei-hope your uber workout went well!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2008 5:55:37 AM
Author: bee*
Morning! No workout today for me as I''m in work nearly all afternoon and have to study this morning. I tried one of my muffins last night and it was really good. I can bake
9.gif

Skippy-that class sounds tough! Glad that your calf is doing better. I used a recipe that I found on the net so I''ll find it again and post it on the other thread. They were 2 1/2 per muffin so I think they are definitely higher in calories than your cupcakes! I''m only going to have one more myself and give the rest to D and my sisters. Our WW leader is amazing-I''ve had a few different leaders at different times that I''ve joined but this leader is my fave. She''s normal and understands that we all have good and bad days.

Rod-bootcamp was really good last night. Best of luck with the job!

Questions-don''t give up. If you keep at it, the weight will come off. I know how frustrating it is when you''re doing everything right and the weight loss is slow. Try varying your workout routine also so your body doesn''t get used to one workout.

Marcy-that''s amazing weight loss!! You will get to -150, just keep at it!! Wow I''m in awe!! Your bag sounds fab!

Spark-well done on getting back to the gym and having your salad for lunch. I''m really going to try and eat healthier the next few days!

Lorelei-hope your uber workout went well!!
Thanks Bee! And excellent point, I keep trying to mix mine up so that I keep my body guessing as much as possible!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
About every five minutes I keep gaining and losing about 4kgs I have an annoying (but utterly cute) little friend who wants to say hi, the little bugger keeps jumping up and off my lap.

Thanks for the positive responses :) I must keep telling myself the change is long term.

Today has been fantastic I got an email from Sarah at GOG and my possible most likely going to be mine diamond came in today I get to see pictures tomorrow I literally SQUEALED I can''t wait my search is over.

I have been lurking on this thread most of the day (day off WHOOT) and been reading everyones posts. I just came back from my first netball game of the season OMG killer I actually think I played really well (The PT''s could have something to do with this) my body was doing things it really usually can''t be bothered doing. We were down 2 players but we played our best and lost but it is all for fun anyway.

I have decided to move my PT sessions to the morning and attend a couple of classes at the gym mainly dance and pilates mainly as I really enjoy these two activities and pilates builds your core and leans you like nothing else. I have problems with doing sit-ups I find that getting on the floor hurts my lower back to much. Pilates is the one thing I have always loved you feel really good :D, I still can''t do a 100 but I am going to keep trying I will get there. I really want to keep the momentum up while I still the initial enthusiasm is there and hopefully by the time it wears off I will be sufficiently addicted to exercise to want to continually do it anyway :D.

Skippy your parents have cows
6.gif
I love them especially baby ones they have those big huge eyes that are so sweet it is good to hear the little one is getting better :). Bummer about the allergies but at least you know what they are and can avoid those foods you might find in about a week your body will respond to having these foods excluded from your diet in a positive way :)

Lorelei WOW fantastic job on the workout I hope to be able to do that one day at the moment I am positive I would collapse. Those flowers are so cute :D

Mara those cupcakes look absolutely delish I am inspired to make some I will have to wait till the weekend though when there are others about to eat them.

Star congrats on the new job that sounds really super exciting (I immediately thought of NCIS I love that show) I am sure you will be fine with the physical stuff it is surprising when a person is determined enough to what they can achieve :). You will be great :)

Bee Good luck with the boot camp I have wanted to try one of those I think after this 12 week program I might sign up for one :) and your cupcakes look fantastic :D I am really starting to crave some :D.

Linda I wouldn''t worry what your neighbor said, some people will make you feel bad when they feel insecure if you are happy with the way you look then thats all that matters :D.

Lady Pirate and Kimberly I hope you both start feeling better soon
7.gif

Shortblonde Snacking can be good they help to keep your sugar levels balanced nuts, small tubs of yogurt or carrot sticks are some of the things I like when I am at work otherwise I find when I get home I go ape.

Rod Great news on the interview sending loads of positive vibes your way :) A four mile commute is a dream :D

Marcy I saw your pictures last week but did not get a chance to respond I just wanted to congratulate you if anyone can get to -150 pounds it will be you :) You look fantastic :D

Questionaboutsettings if you find you have a massive sweet tooth especially chocolate you might actually be lacking in Chromium (a form of vitamin B) , when I went to a natropath a few years ago he told me to take some (it is a vitamin supplement) and it is great really helps to control you need for sweets I didn''t actually crave them at all they also apparently help you to lose weight I lost 12kgs in 2 weeks but I think that had to do moreso with the wheat exclusion.

Steph Hope you have an awesome time at Seaworld :)

Have a great day everyone :)

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Quick check in to tell Marcy I promise, you''ll get there, you just have to be patient (I know, not as easy as it sounds). Mara was stuck at the same weight for something like 4 months after making some big changes to diet and exercise, I''ve been stuck, heck, we''ve all been stuck. Don''t let it get you down. You are such a trooper and I know that this too, will eventually pass.

Have a great day!

K

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
marcy hang in there, kim is right. alsol the closer you get to your goal, the slower and more frustrating things will most likely become.

you may need to add more exercise in honestly...at some point your body will not be content with just diet changes. also i know that this has been working for you quite well but you might have to totally mix it up so that your body jump starts itself again. sometimes they say when you eat like a day a week of really high calories then go back to lower that it kick starts your body, because it makes your body have to work harder to burn the extra cals that it''s not used to.

if you are still stuck for a while you may want to start mixing things up a bit.

lol i know i''m a bad girl with the cupcakes. i started a Cupcake Thread in FHH to spare poor SB and others who might be tortured by visions of buttercream frosting!

re: making them healthier, i am not surprised bee''s were only 2.5 points each. in fact that seems kind of high. aren''t points kind of like 80-100 cals each? well the minis i made were like 100 cals each last week. chocolate would be more like maybe 150 or something with frosting even. my minis last week without frosting were only like 70 cals each.

my large super chocolate cupcakes were like 200 cals without frosting.

yesterday i did 25 minutes on the elliptical for 200 cals burned. also went for about a 1 mile walk with a friend during the day. eating was pretty light most of the day...basic breakfast, yogurt for snack. lunch was chicken breast and snap peas. snacks were milk tea, a few girl scout cookies. dinner was a super thin italian personal pizza at this yummy restaurant and dessert was tart natural mango yogurt from my fave place...drove 15 min to get it. yummy! i put 1/2 in the freezer for tonite.

no workout today other than a 1-1.5m walk today with a friend. tonite we have a wine tasting education class that i got for greg...i''m just tagging along for fun, not so into wine but he loves it and wants to learn a little more about how to pair it. so it''ll be fun. we''re having a dinner before, though not sure where, maybe this new little cafe that opened up near our house. the wine place is within walking distance so we''ll walk to dinner then over there then home. glad the weather''s nice!!

happy wed all, boy this week is just flying...! oh and for those who wished greg well on his interview, thanks...! he got an email from the internal recruiter yesterday that said they are writing up his offer and he''s getting the high end of the range which is what he was going to negotiate for so we can''t wait to see what it is...though we already know the range. he also is going to negotiate at least 2-3 weeks off between jobs since it''s been so long since he''s had a real break. i''m so excited for him. this change has been YEARS coming.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Well today I went to step class, but instead of step the instructor did aerobics, so it wasn''t super intesne but I did a good sweat. Hopefully next week will be step for real. And the sunshine is back so I plan to go for a walk after work today.

Rod, I''ll keep my fingers crossed for you. Great news about yesterdays interview.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara: That is fantastic about Greg and you also becoming permanent on your contract. Hoooooooray!!! Cupcakes anyone?? JUST KIDDING!!!!!!

Marcy: You will get to -150 pounds I have been stuck too in the past, then all of a sudden WHAM, they came right off.

Starting today, my two grandboys are on spring break. So...... I am going to be really busy with them, until their mom comes home from work. If it stays nice out, we can go to the park. My allergies are really bothering me, it is my allergy season time.
14.gif
. If it is the least bit windy, I have to stay in the house, or I feel like I am going to choke. Skippy: I do know how you feel with allergies.

Rod: DH loves leg of lamb. I am going to cook one for him on Saturday. I DETEST lamb.
14.gif
l, so he will have to eat it all by himself. I could never eat those cute little itty bitty lambs that walk around. ha ha ha ha. I see them in the fields up here. Hubby says, "ummmmmmmmmmmm, I bet they taste good". What a RAT!!!!! lol.

I hope you hear about the job you interviewed for sooon.

HI EVERYONE
35.gif

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results