shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 16th July till 22nd July

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jas, you'll be great writer. I fancy myself a bit of a wordsmith as well. I've written the first chapter of my first book, called......."Will Somone Please Shoot Me, I've Become My Mother!"
31.gif
23.gif

ETA: Charlie says he intends to write the sequel entitled........"And So I Did" LOL

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jas, I had a blast reading your post, especially the "boom chicka-wow-wow" part.
3.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Monnie, so glad you have new recipe to use. I love butternut squash!

Rod, pretty good philosophizing for so late at night!

Jas, your writing cracks me up too! Glad your charity night went so well.

Chrono, I weigh myself a few times a week. I consistently weigh myself on Wednesday mornings and that''s the weight I rely on the most. Studies have come out that people who weigh in daily are most likely to keep weight off. I can''t be that attached to the scale, it would give me a complex.

Not much to report this morning. It''s nice to have the day off, it''s gonna be all about school.

~K

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol rod you sound like me justifying my trail mix binges...'but it's the good fat'...as my friend points out, we 'need' like the good fat included in something like 10 almonds a day but of course who can really stop at just 10 almonds (besides kimberly...i don't think that is natural!!)...!

morning all!! i have been thinking about oatmeal lately, not sure why, so i dug out a TJ's steel cut oatmeal pod this morning and microwaved it up. sugar free maple syrup and a teaspoon of packed brown sugar later and mmmmm good. i also scrambled up some egg whites with salt and pepper for an additional protein dose.

tdiddy, sorry that you don't like protein, i actually find myself kind of craving it now that i am eating it more...and less on carbs. but of course put a loaf of crusty warm bread in front of me and suddenly grilled chicken seems as appealing as the old sock in my laundry pile! hehee...but yeah i do like lean meats big time, and i love yogurt and egg whites which both have a ton of protein, so between those, and lean turkey or chicken for lunch and some sort of meat product inclusive item for dinner (aka chicken enchiladas or pizza with chicken on it or a turkey burger) and a protein bar or two, i can typically get more than enough protein in my diet. just curious, how many grams a day are you aiming for. my trainer was telling me like about 100-110g for me and i am 5'7" and about 136-137ish probably (haven't weighed myself in almost a month) but all the online stuff said even for active women i only need like 70-80g so who really knows. also i guess they have linked overconsumption of protein a raise in certain types of cancers but i don't know what really constitutes overconsumption, i would imagine like 20 extra grams a day isn't a huge deal...since so many bodybuilders eat like 200g or something crazy!!

went for my hike last nite with my mom, 5m in about 1.5 hours...we went a little slower so she could keep up and i was not feeling SUPER energetic, thursday drags i guess. work is really busy right now and i have vegas next week which i am very excited about in general but it will be 2.5 days of long meetings and then partying and dinners at night so exhausting. also the VPN on my laptop is not working right now so i am trying to get it fixed before the trip so i can work while gone, fun fun!! i leave on monday afternoon so at least i can enjoy the wkd with greg and portia.

after a little self-reflection i decided that this cute craftsman house is not for us...and i talked with greg about it last nite. i was getting really gung ho about it as it is exactly what we want and on a great lot and really up and coming area...but i realized after talking to some local neighbors who we haven't seen in a while, who had a kid about a year ago, that they are exactly what we don't want to turn into in a few years. stuck in a cute house with some equity, but always wanting to wait to get another $50k or whatever out of it....want to continue to remodel but don't want to spend too much, want to have a 2nd kid but already kind of feeling the $$ burn with one kid, both of them work so the parents help with the existing kid...it just isn't the life i want for us. asked them about retirement plans and they said they hadn't even thought of it...and they are like 5 years older than greg and i.

soooo in talking to them i was mentally thinking, yep this is exactly why i don't want to stay here. you never truly get ahead, if you do eke some equity out of your house, then you usually just turn around and spend more to get a better house in a better area or whatever and end up with more mortgage. if you want kids, the schools here are not wonderful so if you have any $$ you send them to private school, another money hole. and forget staying home with the kids, it's very hard to do here if you want to have any sort of high quality life...or you could do it and eat mac and cheese and never move from your small bungalow basically. we have friends who have 3 kids, they both work in high tech, in a small like 1500 sq ft house in a fab area for the schools. but they could never really afford to move. and their house is worth some insane amount but where could they go?

so anyway i told greg all this last nite and i also told him that while yes we could probably buy this cutie house and realize another $100k in equity in 2-3 years...and while PA or other cheaper areas would always be there to move to, i feel like if we do that we are just delaying the inevitable, which is flat out, if we want to have kids and a family, and we don't want to struggle FOREVER to get ahead, we have to leave. so whether it's now, or in a year, or in 3 years, we have to decide...and if we do want kids, i want them by 35 so that leaves me 3 years. buying a cute craftsman just to live in it for 2 years, and get maybe another $100k out of it isn't really on the whole future plan unfortunately. that would put us at about 34-35 for me and i know if we end up having a child here we will NEVER LEAVE..my parents would not allow it. hehee. so our best bet is to hightail it out of here sans children at some point not too far in the future.

i also told greg that i would not be the driving catalyst on THIS big life change for us. i am 99% okay with moving away to try our hand at life elsewhere...but i am not going to be the one lobbying for it. if he wants to move back to the EC and be closer to family and his friends and make a better job situ for himself and a better life for us, he has to really try for it too...i am always the one pushing for things i want, so i want to see him push for this. so he said he totally understood and agreed and would get on it fast...we have 2 good friend who came out here from another state and planned to stay out here a few years, well he just got offered an amazing job back in dallas texas where their families are from (and they lived there too previously) where they matched his salary and they are moving in 3 weeks! it's crazy but exciting for them, and i realized gosh if greg had some fab offer like this, we COULDN'T say no....and it would give us that kick in the butt i think we need. so i told greg to get on it. hehe.

anyway long post this morning but i am sad and excited at the same time about our decision to not go for the cute craftsman...and stick with our mental decision to eventually try our hand at a life elsewhere. i think i really have been here in california too long....and the longer i stay the harder it will be to GO. we will most likely keep a condo here as a rental so that we can come back if we had to...and within 5 years if we realize we are happy where we go, we will probably sell it and make some $$ anyway.

so anyhow, last nite after the hike (gosh did i get off tangent?!), came home and made some dinner for us, TJ's shepherd's pie for greg and TJ's chicken enchiladas for me with some WF corn salsa that man was too spicy for me. dessert was a breyers free and stewarts diet root beer float, soooo yummy!!!!

tonite we had plans with one of greg's friends and his new gf but she is out of the picture i guess so he postponed til he has a new one, but i think we are keeping the reservations at this place in SF we love to go to sometimes and will just have dinner ourselves! i am toying with the idea of the gym after work, but am afraid i will be compelled to weigh myself (that scale is evil, DJ i see you and your 'i gained 1/2 lb...' and then scrutinizing what you ate...i sooooo don't miss that!!) and who knows what i will find and i don't want to be all depressed about it...since i am still in the middle of this 'lets try more protein and see what it does'...so i am hesitant on going to the gym to do the elliptical because i don't want to get sucked back into the scale thing. so we'll see. i am still pretty sore from my hike yesterday but i would like to do something this afternoon.

yay for friday everyone, have a great day and enjoy the thought of the upcoming weekend!! woo hoo.

oh and chrono, i love kashi go lean for 1c for 140 cals and 10g fiber and 13g protein...and also i really like fiber one honey clusters which i think is like 160 cals for 1c and something like 14g fiber and 6g protein...there are a bunch of cereals like that which have a mix of what i call twigs and berries...hehee...the fiber twigs are never quite that flavorful but in the go lean there are also like puffed honey rice things and so the mix is quite tasty, esp with some fresh berries on top. yummy.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Tdiddy, Welcome and Congratulations on your success!

Phoenix, sorry to hear that you''re not thrilled about going on vacation but I would second (or third) the idea that you have a right to make time for you while you''re there. Hope you have some fun!!

Marcy, thanks for the Congrats! It''s been quite a process and I''m still moving toward my goal. I definitely find that it''s a day-by-day thing for me and that actually makes it easier vs. worrying too much about the big goals or even how much I will lose at the end of the week. What grade do you teach?

Mara, that egg salad sandwich sounds good! I''ve never had it from TJ''s but my mom used to make it all the time and I haven''t had it in forever! Mmm.. maybe for lunch tomorrow!

Chrono, that''s great that you started to substitute some of your foods. I have a pretty simple breakfast usually too. Usually a bowl of cereal (maybe Special K w/strawberries, Honey Bunches of Oats, or Multi-Grain Cheeries-- I think that''s what they''re called). Sometimes the Quaker instant oatmeal for women. Not much variety but I worry about spicing it up too much, plus, I''m just lazy in the morning! As far as easy snacks, what about something like carrots or cut up celery w/pb or cherry tomatoes. Or there''s trail mix but I usually overeat w/that so I don''t buy it often. I also like fruit cups b/c they are sooo easy. Also the sugar free jello is quick and easy.

Danielle, if running is my only way to lean thighs, I''m in trouble! Awhile back, I was able to work my way up to running for 1 minute to 2 sets of 8 min.''s but I realized at that point that I really didn''t like it so I went back to the elliptical. Maybe I''ll have to run once/wk if that''s what works! I do like yoga but haven''t made the time to take a class yet. Thanks for the congrats!
Congrats on your dress fitting! That is great news!

Kimberly, congrats on getting all those workouts in and making time for yourself! That is fantastic!

Jas, sounds like you did great w/not eating all of your baking! When I was doing my cookie favor trials, it was tough but I kept washing my hands too and washing utensils so I wouldn''t be as tempted. Then I let myself have one cookie at the end (soooo good when they''re warm and chewy!).

DJ, wow, that sounds like a great meal that you passed up! Way to go! I''m not sure I would''ve done as well. Luckily (or not) for me, my FI rarely cooks so I don''t have that problem. Although some days, I''d be ok w/that problem!
2.gif

NYC, I love pasta too! I also find it hard not to eat too much of it. But it sounds like you''re back on track right away so that''s great!

Ok, this is getting way too long so I suppose I''ll stop here and do some work. Blah!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey,

gosh, there is a lot to read; I will come catch up later. I just wanted to say TGIF!!!
35.gif

I will get exercise in this evening!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just met the fam for lunch. OF COURSE the kids wanted McDonalds. Oh well, it''s only one weekend, right?

I totally forgot to post what happened when the HH''s mother met the puppy last night!!!

HH''s parents show up from the airport at our house. Oscar (who is the nicest dog in the world--no joke) takes one look at HH''s mother, growls menacingly (I''m not kidding--he sounded MEAN), barks like crazy, and promptly pisses right on the floor.

Hey Mom, come meet the new puppy!

I didn''t know whether to laugh or cry...

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Just had a yummy snack- fage w/ honey, flaxseed & blueberries.

Went for a 30m powerwalk before work this morning. I know it''s not much, but I''m happy that I got some activity in.

It''s super-quiet here at the office. I''m prepping for next week''s SFO trip and will try to sneak out early. Maybe get some more walking in before we indulge in sushi tonite.

TGIF!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/20/2007 2:20:46 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Just met the fam for lunch. OF COURSE the kids wanted McDonalds. Oh well, it's only one weekend, right?

I totally forgot to post what happened when the HH's mother met the puppy last night!!!

HH's parents show up from the airport at our house. Oscar (who is the nicest dog in the world--no joke) takes one look at HH's mother, growls menacingly (I'm not kidding--he sounded MEAN), barks like crazy, and promptly pisses right on the floor.

Hey Mom, come meet the new puppy!

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry...
Hey Dee, at least he didn't do this!!

horse.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, it sounds like Oscar made quite the first impression!

Have yummy sushi, Charger, and a safe trip.

Lorelei, that image cracked me up!

I got in another workout this morning...5 in a row!

Just finished a big project for school and am taking a break before I embark on the next one.

John''s making dinner tonight, hooray! I''m sure it''ll be something grilled.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
have fun this wkd charger...next time you come to SJ, please let me know as i''d love to meet you!! summer is so busy for me right now but hopefully things will be calming down come late august/september!

DJ..a weekend definitely won''t kill ya! i was eating like a sow the whole time we were on vacation and somehow managed to only gain like 2 lbs hehee.

so i decided no gym for me today, instead i took a 35 minute ~2m walk around the neighborhood here at lunch time...it''s so pretty out today...and then had progresso chicken noodle soup and a half pita toasted and stuffed with TJ''s chicken and hummus for lunch with a peach citrus fresca.

and then when i go home this evening i''ll do a ''home workout'' for ~30 min and then shower and we''ll head off to SF for dinner...should be a fun night together. tomorrow we''ll do a hike in the late morning together...and then i have a mani/pedi in the afternoon and am picking up some tasty marinated tri tip and hotdogs from this awesome meat place we just discovered, a friend got his bbq meat from there and EVERYONE was raving about how good it was..and recently i drove by it and it''s near my mani/pedi place so we are bbq''ing with our neighbors tomorrow night. yummy!!

anyhow hope everyone is gearing up for a fun evening...!! happy friday. and lol rod re: sushi being a routine for us, we''ll try not to NOT let it get too boring around here hehe.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw this and thought it maybe helpful to anyone who needs snack ideas. From Joy Bauer''s book Food Cures

If you''re looking to be a loser this summer, here are ten tips to help you get there.

1. Cucumbers

Cucumbers are loaded with water and incredibly low in calories. One whole cucumber provides only 45 calories.

2. Frozen red/purple grapes

At only 80 calories per cup, frozen grapes are the perfect way to satisfy a sweet tooth.

3. Summer salads

For a low-calorie, filling entrée; pile your plate with unlimited veggies and lean protein and toss with low-fat salad dressing.

4. Iced skim café latte

Caffeine perks you up... and skim milk supplies low-calorie protein (which helps stabilize your blood sugar and revs your metabolism).

5. Grilled veggies

Load your grill with mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant, and asparagus. For an easy, low-cal prep: Spray your veggies with nonstick cooking oil and lightly toss with kosher salt and your preferred seasonings.

6. Air-popped popcorn

The perfect guilt-free munch food at only 30 calories and 2 grams of fiber per popped cup.

7. Nonfat flavored yogurt

Creamy combo of carbs and protein that keeps you full for hours.

8. Unsweetened iced tea

Calorie-free and full of phytonutrients. For a shot of natural sweetness, slice in fresh fruit and refrigerate overnight.

9. Watermelon

Loaded with water, this Vitamin C-rich summer fruit provides only 80 calories per cup (or large wedge).

10. Gazpacho

Fill up your growling stomach with a refreshing chilled bowl of tomato-based soup. One cup is typically between 50 and 100 calories.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good post, Skippy, I was just reading Nicrez'' NY Times recipes and I couldn''t find anything in there I thought I''d like! Too much protein going on over there for moi, LOL! I actually love to grill veggies in the summer, I just put chunks of whatever I have on hand on metal skewers and spray them with EVOO and sprinkle them with S & P, they''re a great addition to a little brown or wild rice or even with a little pasta. I think I might make some tonight, come to think of it.

I''ve managed to give the puppy a bath today, that went pretty well, then I took her for about a 30 minute walk and I will take the older dog later this evening, so that will be my exercise for today! The weather is just outstanding today, we are giving the A/C a break--yay! I hate opening the electric bills in the summer, but I think this next one won''t be too high because we haven''t had the A/C running nearly as much as past summers.

Mara, this point in life really is sort of a crossroads for those of us who are still deciding whether children will definitely be part of the picture. DH and I are going through a similar decision but ours is a bit simpler as we will probably never leave the Chicagoland area, we just want more house for the money so we''ll have to get a little creative on finding the right area with good schools without giving up too many of the attributes of living close to the city. It''s an exciting prospect, moving just to a different area in the same region, so I can imagine how exciting it is for you and Greg since you''re open to so many places across the country!

Hope everyone''s having a great friday, I may check back in later...
35.gif

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
hi all!

kimberlyH - that margherita pizza looks delicious (and easy!), i will definitely have to try those recipes. thanks!

rod - hmmm, you may have gotten to the heart of the protein shake issue. when i have time, i prepare them a la smoothie with fruit, but 99% of the time i am drinking them post ride or run in the car and do the water and powder mix - which is not so good. i will def. try them shake style. sounds very appealing!

mara - i am a big fan of steel cut oats. my nutritionist is, too. he actually gave me a quick recipe for steel cut oats to give them more flavor...prepare the oats as indicated, then stir in blueberries and low-fat ricotta or cottage cheese (protein fix!) and a little honey if you need to sweeten them up. pretty filling and delicious.

well, today is an easy day. 30 minutes on the elliptical and a 15 minute interval climb on the stairmill at the gym. i think tomorrow i will get up early and run the bridges over the river downtown. it''s just gorgeous here today. typically cincinnati is like 92 and ridiculously humid this time of year. but it''s like 80 and no humidity and should be like this all weekend. i love my "bridge run" - we have like 4 bridges that pass over the ohio river between downtown and northern kentucky that you can run on and basically you can loop back and forth between the two sides of the river for a 7-10 mile run (depending on what streets you take). i usually do it right before the sun comes up and it''s just a fantastic way to see the sun come up as you are running over one of the bridges. very cool. and a great workout - a lot of long slow climbs - which i will need after i eat mexican tonite with my DF
6.gif
hopefully i will have the willpower to steer clear of the cheese enchiladas i REALLY want and get the healthier chicken tacos.

as for the question about how much protein i am targeting, the nutritionist gave me the following calculation...take your weight in lbs. and divide by 2.2. then multiple that number by 1.2 for the minimum amount of protein in grams and 1.8 for the max i am targeting as an active woman. so i am looking at 73-100 g a day. he really pushes for the high side though to keep my metabolism going, so that''s why i really struggle. he''s great though - very realistic. i love GOOD food and am not willing to totally give up it up. i figure if i work hard, i should get to eat what i want sometimes. so i came across him and he actually does some plans for the cincinnati bengals football team. he told me that one of their best players only agreed to do a plan if they wrote mcdonalds quarter pounders into it 2-3 days a week with small fries and he found a way to do it. and this player is a wide receiver - so fast and fit - not like a lineman. so, he''s a believer in the 80/20 rule and was a great fit for me as a result. i''ve been seeing him for about 2 months and definitely have more energy and am less hungry. i usually drop weight when i train for marathons, so we''ll see what happens when i start my fall training and if his plan gets me going again in terms of leaning out more.

have a nice friday everyone, i am off to dinner!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 10:09:37 AM
Author: jas

My cousin happens to be a producer for the Divine Ms. Oprah, and I live literally 2 blocks away from the studio, so come on over. We have the Chicago's best restaurants all around us...but no murderers or thieves, please.

Jas, wow cool! One of my closest buddy's was her assistant fashion editor but left O to work as a Fashion Editor for another Magazine in NYC.

Glad my WWT Peep's like the Group HUG!!! hehehe

Mara, great job on all the hiking! You will make an awesome mom!!!

Rod, yay, sushi day! hehehe no, I didn't write a letter to Oprah.

Dee you will lose your 1/2lb quick!!! When is your last day??

Shortblonde, yikes re: tornado's! Be safe.

Neatfreak, great job on the 3 mi walk/jog!

Monnie, hope you sleep better. Best wishes on finding a good job. Yay, for a new suit! Glad you like my low cal list! Yay, for the 30 min walk w/the dog
9.gif

Hey, Dixie and Marcy!!

Charger, great job on the powerwalk!!!

Tdiddy, great job on healthy eating!

Kimberly, great job on the workout!!!

Haven, great job w/the workouts!

Chrono, hang in there! Glad you are here!

I mowed our big ole lawn so I am popped!!!
9.gif

I am getting up at 6 tomorrow to walk!

Well, I am so bugged w/the physical therapy place. I called on Tues to set up an appointment so they said they wouldn't schedule me one until my insurance approved me but they reassured me that I would get one next week. I called yesterday to make sure I was approved and they said not yet. Then today the called and I missed the call so I called them back. They had me on hold forever. When I finally talk to them they said I was approved but I had to wait almost 2 WEEKS!!!! I told them that they said I would get appointment next week but they said no you have to wait for almost 2 weeks. I was upset, but what can I do; the therapist was highly recommended. My knee is better so oh well!!! Dumb people
14.gif
I am looking forward to therapy so I can strengthen them so I don't hurt them again.

Oh a happier not; hubby and I met my sister, bil, and 1 year old nephew for lunch in the park by the baby water park. It was so cute to see my nephew giggle and play in the water!

Happy Friday all!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tditty, just wanted to say a belated welcome...I forgot you were in Cinci...I was just there for over a week visiting my dad. He actually lives in Mason now but I did make it back to my old neighborhood where I signed my kids up for swimming lessons. Even hit my childhood YMCA which was fun. My best friend grew up in no. KY so I traveled those briges many, many times. What area are you in?

mara, wow, it sounds like you are really thinking things out and with a realisitic timeline for kids etc. which I think is great. I must say, i love being a SAHM with my kids and living in the area we do leaves plenty of room for me to do that. We could never make it in CA or many other major cities unless I went back to work which I just don''t want to do while my kids are little. Good for you for putting Greg up to the challenge to really make it happen if he really wants it!!

deejay, I hope you have a nice visit and I agree, a little splurge weekend shouldn''t do too much damage, just enjoy it!

Rod, hope you enjoy your sushi, I know you and Charlie will!!!
monnie, good luck on the job hunt and yay for walking the dog..
shortblonde, I''d skip the gym too with tornado threats. a few years ago we had one come through nashville and I was on my way home from teaching a 6:00am spinning class when the sirens started going off..not fun at all
32.gif

neatfreak- 3 miles is fabulous!!

kimberly, charger, haven- yay for more workouts!!

dixie and marcy, keep up the great work and gosh there sure were a lot of posts today!!

oh and skippy, thanks for the food tips, are you hiking tomorrow??

I hope I didn''t miss anyone but if I did I''m sorry and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a busy afternoon for me. The interns were parading into my office and I never got any time to do half the things I needed to get done. So, I guess I'll be doing some work at home this weekend to stay afloat.

Sorry you're not going to consider the neat craftsman house Mara, but you and Greg definitely need to be on the same page and decide whether a family is in your future and if so, where you want to raise that family! I'm sure if you did have children in SJ, your mom's heart would break if you took the grandchildren so far away. Of course, your mom's heart will likely break if you move with or without children. Trust me, it's a really hard decision to move away. Charlie and I left MD., 20 years ago, and our mothers were so upset (it did get our two mother's together though) and they tried so hard to lay the biggest guilt trip you could imagine. And it was hard for us too. We'd never been very far from home, but it turned out to be the absolute best thing we ever did. Anyway, good luck with deciding what's right for you and Greg.

I laughed out loud reading about Oscar's warm (pun intended) welcome to your MIL DeeJay!! McDonalds, eh.......this is going to be an indulgent weekend. OH MY........

Thanks for the healthy food tips Skippy. You know, now that you've admitted you know (er knew) someone from the Oprah show, you have to get busy writing that letter I nominated you to write (that you so blatantly didn't comment on - HAHAHA)! I'm so sorry about you being put off by the therapy people. Yet again proving that health insurance is not about our health and well being, it's only about profit. Sorry, if I offend anyone with this, but I think Hillary Clinton had (has?) some good ideas about how to fix our totally broken health care system.

Monnie please enjoy some non-A/C weather for us. It's the middle of summer in Florida, wihich means 90s every day, with about 1 billion percent humidity, but somehow, I've grown quite fond of summertime in Florida. We also get a fantastic thunderstorm, almost daily which makes everything so lush and green. Anyway, enjoy those cooler temps. I'll be droning on in about 6 months about how we're enjoying our non-A/C weather but you'll be a tad colder by then!!

tdiddy, I hope the suggestion on how we do our protein drinks makes your's more enjoyable. Thanks for posting the protein formula. According to that, I need at least 95 grams a day and I think I get that with my diet pretty regularly.

So, it was Sushi day and we had a terrific dinner ("Thank You For Waiting" - was waiting for us with hugs and my Sapporo and Charlie's wine). Then a storm came through, which lowered the temps quite a lot, so we got to enjoy our Sbucks coffee outside, which in mid to late July is nice. We had gotten scones for dessert, but opted instead to have the CaliYogurt treat I've mentioned before. Tonight I had the plain frozen yogurt with fresh blueberrie and fresh pineapple, SO YUMMY.

Tomorrow will be a regular Saturday. But tomorrow night, we're having dinner with our Financial Advisor and his wife. He usually invites us to dinner once a year to check up on us and he is doing a really good job of making the little bit of money we gave him grow. Plus he typically pays for dinner and he selected a restaurant we've never been to but have always wanted to try. We enjoy his wife a lot too. So, that will be a lot of fun. He's really into fitness, so we enjoy talking about that as well.

I've written enough for one post. Hope you're all having a really nice Friday night!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I followed up the McDonalds with frozen yogurt, and then we had deep dish pizza for dinner. Fried cheese as an appetizer. Chocolate pudding with peanut butter for dessert. Two beers just to make it through.

OMG...

Tonight Oscar growled at my MIL but didn''t pee. I consider that to be an improvement!!!

They''re still here, upstairs watching some sort of video that the MIL brought with her. Must go be social...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 9:59:41 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
So I followed up the McDonalds with frozen yogurt, and then we had deep dish pizza for dinner. Fried cheese as an appetizer. Chocolate pudding with peanut butter for dessert. Two beers just to make it through.

OMG...

Tonight Oscar growled at my MIL but didn't pee. I consider that to be an improvement!!!

They're still here, upstairs watching some sort of video that the MIL brought with her. Must go be social...
Yummo, you naughty girl. hehehe
11.gif
2.gif

Mrs. Salvo, I want to be a stay at home mom too but no baby's here yet. I will find out more Monday; I had all my tests done so we will see what is wrong w/me. Boy do I have baby fever.
41.gif
I agree, I too, am excited for Mara to be a mom!!! I could see her posts say how much she enjoys kids and how cute/fun they are yada yada yada (good things yada).hehehe

Rod, you crack me up!!! Hey, my neighbor got a new BMW and I think it is the 3 series convertible softop and hardtop. What is your BMW? How is the weather out there? I am still waiting for your pic of the Oak tree! Sorry the interns were needy, it is just that you are so awesome they want to absorb all your wonderful knowledge!!!!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
It''s a mellow night in our house. We had fruit salad, pork chops and Italian brocolli for dinner and we''re just laying low. I got lots of schoolwork done today so it''s kinda nice to hang out at home.

Skippy, I don''t want to be intrusive, but have wondered about your tests/results. If/when you''re comfortable sharing please do. I''m pulling for you and DH.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 10:34:24 PM
Author: KimberlyH
It's a mellow night in our house. We had fruit salad, pork chops and Italian brocolli for dinner and we're just laying low. I got lots of schoolwork done today so it's kinda nice to hang out at home.

Skippy, I don't want to be intrusive, but have wondered about your tests/results. If/when you're comfortable sharing please do. I'm pulling for you and DH.
ahh, thanks!

What is Italian brocolli? I love brocolli!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I had to laugh again at what you've had the pleasure of eating. Sounds like you got locked in the candy store and the candy cases were open.......LOL Yumm on the deep dish pizza!

Skippy, the new 2007 BMW 3 series convertible is only available as a hardtop. The 2006 convertible was soft top. But I'm getting the newer hard top version. I orderd the 335I, which is the twin turbo 300 horse power and it will be a bright metallic blue (they call it Montego Blue) and a two tone leather interior of Camel and Black (should be a sharp combination!). I can check on the car as they give you access to their ordering system once the car is scheduled for production and my car has been built in Germany and is waiting to be processed, then loaded for the journey across the Atlantic and is supposed to be here around the 1st week in September. Just weeks away!

Glad you're having a mellow night there Kimberly. With 5 workouts this week, you most certainly desserve a relaxing evening! Sounds like John made a terrific dinner as usual.

It's sleepy time. You all have a peaceful night and I hope your dreams are pleasant too! (Do you remember your dreams?? I don't, but Charlie does quite vividly, which makes me jealous as his dreams are sometimes so surreal)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi friends and fellow WWT’ers.
35.gif
Yeah, the weekend is here. We are going to look at RV’s tomorrow (it’s the one thing my husband likes to do that I find “torture”.) So I requested we could go look at the jewelry stores and for clothing too since we’re near the outlet mall. It will at least keep me away from sharp objects.
Haven, that is terrific you’ve been getting in all of your exercising. Enjoy the rest of your summer.
DeeJay, I hope you have a nice time with your company. Those weekends can be a little hard on the healthy food quest though. Sounds like Oscar is impressing the MIL, huh?
Chrono, I weigh myself after my shower in the morning at the same time. I get different weights on the weekend when I get up later. I probably should weigh every day, but I like to see where I’m at all the time.
Jas, a jackhammer enema? That’s got to hurt. Your “eating meeting” sounds divine. LOL about my typing with my tongue. I’d figure out something, I swear! People were calling me “9 fingers” at work today. We had tacos tonight and my DH wouldn’t let me near the kitchen, too many things to cut up for that meal. He wants to make sure he makes his 8 a.m. tee time instead of hanging out at the emergency room with me.
1.gif

Rod, I like Charlie’s book title. I’m glad the weekend is here too.
Kimberly, thank you for saying people who weigh in daily are likely to keep the weight off. That’s something I like to hear.
Mara, it sounds like you and Greg are planning ahead to what’s important in your life and working towards making it happen. I am sure things will turn out great and work out exactly the way they should. I think you’d be happy no matter where you called home.
Dixie, I set small goals for myself too. It would be too overwhelming for me otherwise. I teach astronomy for the local community college.
ChargerGirl, I hope you got to leave work early. Yeah for a early powerwalk this morning.
Skippy, thanks for the list of low cal snacks. I love cucumbers. Sorry to hear you have to wait to get in for PT; that is so frustrating. Good luck on your test results. I think you’d be a terrific mom.
Monarch, we’ll have to try some grilled vegetables; that sounds good. I like grilled pineapple with chicken.
Tdiddy, your morning bridge run sounds great. Enjoy your dinner tonight.
Thank you, Mrssalvo. I think your job SAHM is the most important job there is; I’m glad you love it.
Well, I have not even looked at papers to grade yet so I’d best get busy. Have a great Saturday!
36.gif

Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have fun tomorrow Marcy!!! RVing sounds like fun! Why don''t you like it? Glad you get to see some bling
3.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, I don''t mind camping, I just HATE to go look at trailers. We have a 25 foot travel trailer now and it is small for us. We go camping to use our telescopes but since it gets so cold at night you have to pack a bunch of winter clothing and we don''t have enough storage in our current trailer. He wants to look at 5th wheels to see if I like them. I''ve always avoided them because they have so many stairs. I have arthritis in my knees so I didn''t want anything with a lot of stairs. Now that I am healthier, I can walk stairs much better so it''s proabably not an issue anymore. They have more choices in 5th wheelers than travel trailers.

I need to figure out how to load up pictures and songs on my cell phone so I am going to take my instruction manual with me; that will keep me entertained. I should sign up for V-Cast so I can never be far from PS.
36.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, I''ve gotten over my poor "woe is me . . . I have to go to the beach" worse than a teenager attitude. I''m at the beach now, and it''s lovely.

Our first guests were delayed so I was able to do a Firm video yesterday afternoon and DH went for a 20 mile bike ride. That''s a good start to the vacation! Today is a break day, so I''ll walk tomorrow and do the Firm on Monday. That''s as far as I have planned but it''s vacation after all.

Our guests are sleeping peacefully (I hope) after we dragged them to wait in line with a bunch of twelve-year-olds last night to get the new Harry Potter book. DH had put down a deposit the last time we were here just to be sure, and now he is happily reading it while trying to pay attention to the Tour de France time-trial stage that''s on right now. It was actually pretty fun to be in line last night . . . quite a sense of excitement in the air. DH kept suggesting that the preteens all turn immediately to the end of the book which resulted in a lot of groans.

I''m going to walk to the store now and then read my own book, Suite Francais. Happy weekend all!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful Morning!!!
35.gif

Walked for an hour and 15 mins w/my cousin at 6am
3.gif
Then pulled weeds and watered flowers and trees.

Now I am eating some fage w/raspberries.

PG, glad the woes are gone and you are enjoying your travels!!!

Marcy, you are tooooo cute!!!
41.gif
Have a great day!

Tonight hubby and I are meeting up wish some friends for dinner and to watch a jazz band!

Hasta la vista

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/20/2007 11:14:38 PM
Author: Rod
DeeJay, I had to laugh again at what you''ve had the pleasure of eating. Sounds like you got locked in the candy store and the candy cases were open.......LOL Yumm on the deep dish pizza!

Skippy, the new 2007 BMW 3 series convertible is only available as a hardtop. The 2006 convertible was soft top. But I''m getting the newer hard top version. I orderd the 335I, which is the twin turbo 300 horse power and it will be a bright metallic blue (they call it Montego Blue) and a two tone leather interior of Camel and Black (should be a sharp combination!). I can check on the car as they give you access to their ordering system once the car is scheduled for production and my car has been built in Germany and is waiting to be processed, then loaded for the journey across the Atlantic and is supposed to be here around the 1st week in September. Just weeks away!

Glad you''re having a mellow night there Kimberly. With 5 workouts this week, you most certainly desserve a relaxing evening! Sounds like John made a terrific dinner as usual.

It''s sleepy time. You all have a peaceful night and I hope your dreams are pleasant too! (Do you remember your dreams?? I don''t, but Charlie does quite vividly, which makes me jealous as his dreams are sometimes so surreal)
That is one fine looking vehicle! But could you beat my 2001 Hundai Accent in a road race
9.gif

Have a great weekend everyone! It''s 70 degrees today and the humidity is gone.

And yes...I read these posts as often as I can..and yes..I''m still maintaining my exercise regime and healthy eating habits.

Keep on TRACKin everyone
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you popped in Jeff!
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2007 10:32:22 AM
Author: Lorelei
Glad you popped in Jeff!
35.gif
Ditto, glad you are doing well. Visit more often
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results