shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 15th Jan till 21st Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay for you Sum!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Dee - get Hubby to do some batch cooking to put into the freezer for you before he goes!
3.gif
41.gif
Hehehe...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sum - I've done so many kitchens now (can you say "serial renovator!") that I could probably whip you up one just like it in your own home for a pretty good price. The Demon though -- he's priceless!

And Lorelei, the happy hubby is, as we speak (so to speak
2.gif
) cooking a big pot of sloppy joes. I love the concoction he makes (it has nothing to do with the canned stuff that you can buy to make sloppy joes with). It's good on pasta and for scooping up with chips as well as on buns. And I think there is quite a bit of other stuff in the freezer that I could thaw out in a pinch.

ETA: Sum, I forgot to say GOOD FOR YOU on the weight loss! That's awesome!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol DJ well i'll take the whole package (ring, kitchen, cooking hubby (but can i keep my own too?)) and your wobbly butt because i know i can turn it into rock hard solid muscle!!!! hehe!

CONGRATS sum and DJ on the weight loss, that is very awesome. sb i know that when people have a fair amount of weight to lose it can fall off very quickly at first...but just be aware that some weeks will be 10 and some weeks will be 0 and some will be in between. don't get discouraged, when my scale was not moving (for months!!), i just reminded myself that even if i didn't lose any weight, i was doing what was RIGHT for my body and me long-term. what was healthy...and could better my life quality. that definitely got me through any tough times. but you guys are doing wonderfully so keep it up!!

breakfast this morning was oatmeal again and coffee. i'm going to have 2 pieces of toast with smart balance butter on them for snack and eschew the berry muffins til afternoon. i think part of my problem is that i am getting too used to 'snacking' rather than eating real meals. not a problem when i am working out but small snacks here and there sometimes can lead to way more calories consumed for me than if i sat down and had a big meal. also i just need to have more fruit. we have oranges, apples and bananas at work and instead i am eating 10 cal jello cups and sucking on peppermint canes and the like. not BAD for me but i can definitely get more fruit in it's whole form and maybe it will be better for my body too during healing time. really my mind is just kind of bored with this injury and it's finding a way to torment me. so i'll put it to work reminding me of the right things to be eating, hehee.

lunch today is campbells chicken and rice soup and dinner is going to be TJ pizzas and salad. i was thinking of going for a walk tonite but i might take another day off before attempting anything. last nite on the couch i did some 5 lb arm weights while sitting up...i didn't really feel any strains in my abs which was good and my arms got a workout til they were fatigued, just one or two positions but at least my arm muscles won't atrophy...haha. and maybe i can keep my muscle tone up a bit more by doing that every other day til i can get back into the gym.

have a wonderful day everyone, i am going to try to remember to get out my tape measure when i go upstairs, but i haven't been to the gym since thursday so i don't have an idea on weight at all...so maybe i'll take this week off from posting.
11.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 10:56:37 AM
Author: Lorelei
Yay for you Sum!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Dee - get Hubby to do some batch cooking to put into the freezer for you before he goes!
3.gif
41.gif
Hehehe...
BINGO!
27.gif

ETA, he's already doing it. See??
39.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/17/2007 11:21:34 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 1/17/2007 10:56:37 AM
Yay for you Sum!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

3.gif
41.gif
Hehehe...
BINGO!
27.gif
Hehehe...HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 11:22:49 AM

Hehehe...HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am such a stinker!!! ( snickers behind hand!) My Hubby wouldn''t have a clue, he can open a can but thats it!
31.gif

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/16/2007 6:33:42 PM
Author: Mara
TG i tried to find that at TJ's but i couldn't. where it is kept???

DJ congrats on baggy butt!!! i totally agree re: tradeoffs. sometimes i love just having campbells soup for lunch so that i can splurge at dinner big time. or yes, chocolate....or a dove bar, YUM. enjoy it.

go bee...no crisps are a huge positive. and turtledazzle, lol those discs sound hilarious..effective!
Mara - oh, using those discs was definitely amusing to most of us. There was tons of grunts and laughter during class. Because I've been working out regularly for so long now, I did pretty well (but I was definitely feeling the burn!). But towards the end of class when we were doing the abs things with the disc, I had a 'is she kidding?!?' moment. I'm still quite sore from that workout (this was on Monday). Glad you were able to do some bicep curls w/o ab pain! Hopefully you're on the mend!

Last night I ended up doing 30 minutes instead of 15 on the Cybex arc trainer machine. The step class I went do wasn't the best b/c the instructor went slowly as there were so many newbies in class (it was really crowded). So we really only got about 20 good minutes of cardio during step, so I went for 30 minutes on the Cybex. Ramped up the incline to 5 (out of 10) and the resistance to 35-40 (out of 100) to burn an estimated 315 calories (that's really high for me!
36.gif
). I like this machine, but my toes do fall asleep very easily ... I was dealing with toe numbness for most of time. But for 315 calories, I'll deal!
1.gif

For dinner last night, I ended up making potatoes au gratin (out of a box
6.gif
.... not terribly healthy ~ but I made it b/c my skim milk was going to go bad soon, so I needed to use it). But the rest of my dinner was healthy - a soy burger with mustard (no bun) and a spinach salad with carrots and a bit of feta cheese. I make my own salad dressing using balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and spices ~ so it isn't low fat/calories, but the olive oil is good fat and I don't use very much dressing any way.

Today I've had blueberry yogurt for breakfast and a cup of tea (I use about a 1/4 packet of Splenda in my tea). Lunch will be tuna salad (made with pickles and spices and brown mustard and just a little mayo) on whole wheat bread (70 calories for two pieces). For my afternoon snack I have grapes. Dinner is again a mystery (still need to make it to the store!).

I usually take Wednesdays off from exercise, but I think I will go today. We'll see ...

DJ ~ I will join the legions who want your HH (and your kitchen and shiny baubles
1.gif
). But I think I'll keep my FI. He does cook on occasion, and is the one who usually makes our salads (a man who likes salads!!!) And when I cook, he usually washes everything so I cannot complain. Yay for your 5.5 lbs loss!

Sumbride ~ fantastic job on the weight loss! Congrats!!!
36.gif

ETA: Forgot to post for the Wednesday tracking. I weighed myself last night -- 114.4 pounds. So that is maybe 1 pound or so more than last week, but +/- 2 pounds or so is no biggie for me. I probably won't remeasure myself this week as I don't think anything has changed. I'll probably do the meausuring once a month or so now that I'm just trying to maintain.

Happy Wednesday all!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

I am still under the weather but feeling the need to move, so I'm going to put in 1/2 time on the elliptical.

Here's my Wednesday Weigh In.

Week 2 Week 3
Height: 5'5" Height: 5'5"
Weight: 135.2 Weight: 135.4
Bust: 34 Bust: 34
Waist: 28" Waist: 28"
Lower Waist: 33" Lower Waist: 33"
Bicep: 12" Bicep: 12"
Hips: 38” Hips: 38”

So basically the same.

DJ: congrats on saggy butt and weight loss!! I won't bargain for your HH and demon dog, mine cooks too, thank goodness (the husband not the dog!).

Rod: Congrats on the Condo!

Sumbride: great work at dinner and in the weight loss arena.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
DJ: congrats on saggy butt

reading this cracked me up
9.gif
, thank goodness its targeted at the pants and not the anatomy
2.gif
congratulations and sumbride too!!

sorry about all the soreness and sickness. it''s a rough time of the year. somehow (i have a pitiful immune system) i''ve managed to evade the germs. fingers crossed.

things are good. i haven''t weighed in for a while, but based on the fact that ALL my business clothes are drooping about, i suspect that i''m doing fine. eating well. watching portions. eating colors. indulging here and there.

however, i''m kind of hitting a WALL with exercise. my gym is in my office building which is fantastic, but it''s also not the most amazing place to exercise. picture flourescent lights, bad music and a worse smell
14.gif
i use it because it''s basically free and most importantly i have to walk by it everyday before i go home. the convenience location combined with the guilt felt if i walk by without going in has played a large part in my 20lbs+ shrinkage. it''s been particularly crowded during this new resolution to self improve time period. i''m just not that into running or ellipticaling inside. i''ve taken this week off so far and surprisingly i''m not missing it. i''m enjoying coming home earlier so i can actually get to the store, cook something healthy, have time to myself at night with my husband...before i felt like i had about 20 minutes of free time in the evening before it was time to get to sleep...i''ve been diligently exercising for about 1 year and a couple of months...snap me out of this. please.

i''m thinking of relaxing on the cardio and returning the focus to pilates. i love pilates. and i can do it at home. just have to re-find my exercise motivation...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 11:28:04 AM
I am such a stinker!!! ( snickers behind hand!) My Hubby wouldn''t have a clue, he can open a can but thats it!
31.gif
Mine can BBQ, and that''s just great, if all we want to eat is meat.
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/17/2007 12:39:09 PM

Date: 1/17/2007 11:28:04 AM
I am such a stinker!!! ( snickers behind hand!) My Hubby wouldn't have a clue, he can open a can but thats it!
31.gif
Mine can BBQ, and that's just great, if all we want to eat is meat.
9.gif

How strange....
emdgust.gif
When the grill gets lit, my Hubby decided he can cook after all....
28.gif
Nice to know I am not the only one!
11.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
well done deejay and sumbride on the weight loss.

Im just back from the gym and am thrilled to say that Ive lost 8 lbs in the last week! So Ive dropped from 200lbs to 192lbs. D has said that he''ll pay for a facial for me when I get to the stone so its a treat to look forward to and keep me on my healthy eating buzz.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lulu, i know how you feel sometimes about the gym not being the best place ever to work out, but i just try to bring a mag or see a mag there and listen to my ipod and kind of zone out. my gym is cheap and has the basics but i''m sure if it was more like a spa it''d be more fun to go to, hehee. but i just go there, do my thing and leave. also it''s close to my work (though that might change since we are talking about moving buildings, closer to my house but farther from the gym!!)....so it''s good for now.

congrats bee on the weight loss!! i measured myself this morning before my shower and i am pretty much the same. my lower waist is a little bloated from the abdominal strain swelling but it''s been like that for a few days...and it''s only like 1/2" so i figure no biggie. the rest is the same:

weight: ? dunno haven''t gotten on a scale in days since i havent gone to gym
bust: 35"
arms: 10"
thigh: 20"
waist: 27"
lower waist: 33.5"
hip: 37" (creeping towards 36.75" which is awesome)

congrats everyone on dropping lbs and/or having great progress!!! big kudos.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 12:43:54 PM

9.gif

How strange....
emdgust.gif
28.gif
11.gif
Vellllly intellesting.....
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/17/2007 1:02:23 PM

Date: 1/17/2007 12:43:54 PM

9.gif

How strange....
emdgust.gif
28.gif
11.gif
Vellllly intellesting.....
9.gif
Yeeesssss...some sort of primitive urge with fire perhaps? Funny that....also how he loves making a fire in the fireplace, but guess whose job it is to clean out the ashes?
25.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Well I was hoping to weigh in at the gym at work this morning, but due to the ice storm my office is closed so no work for me. But even though I''m at home today I''m treating my workout like it would be if I had gone to work b/c I usually have my Total Body Training class on Wed. afternoon.

Today I did 30 min on the elliptical and since it so chilly outside I jogged all the way to the work out room as a little warm up. When I got back to my apt I did a variety of exercises for about 15 minutes which included planks, crunches, pushups, tricep dips, lunges, squats, and my personal favorite I did some arm exercises using my vodka bottles as weights.

I have an overwhelming urge to bake something sweet today. Has anyone tried the Cooking Light Chocolate Sheet Cake recipe? I might make that this afternoon since I actually have all the ingredients on hand and wont have to get out in the nastiness to go to the store. This way I can have a bite and then take the rest of it to work tomorrow.

I even got up kind of early this morning (DH had to go to work today) so that I wouldn''t have trouble sleeping tonight, and had my Special K vanilla almond cereal breakfast and I''m about to have some leftover wheat spaghetti and turkey meatsauce for lunch. Originally the plan was to go out for lunch w/ co-workers today, so I guess thats another good thing about the weather its forcing me to eat healthy.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
funny appletini but i find when i have days off and am typically out running errands or whatever..i eat way more healthily than when i am either stuck at home or stuck at my desk at work. out and about definitely leads to less snackage going on for sure...some days i just have breakfast, a luna bar and then an apple then dinner. that''s easy!! but being at work, ugh it just seems like sometimes i want to snack to pass the time.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
lulu: if you aren''t feeling motivated perhaps it''s time to change things up. pilates might be a brilliant idea. Start walking/jogging outside (if it''s not too cold where you live) , get the hubby to join in on hikes/long walks on the weekend, anything to keep you moving. Keep up the great work and remember how good it felt to lose. I know from experience how easy it is to lose interest when the initial feelings/thoughts/reactions re: weight loss melt away, that''s when it gets to be so hard, but think of all the work that went into losing those lbs. and imagine having to do it all over again. As good as it feels to lose, it''s a tough road and by not exercising you''re jumping on the yo-yo weight loss program which is difficult both for your mind and your body.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to mention that I weighed myself in the apt workout room and I was 4 lbs less than I was the last time I used that scale a few months ago!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 1:04:20 PM

Yeeesssss...some sort of primitive urge with fire perhaps? Funny that....also how he loves making a fire in the fireplace, but guess whose job it is to clean out the ashes?
25.gif
6.gif

Mine too. It''s a conspiracy!
11.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/17/2007 1:17:46 PM

Date: 1/17/2007 1:04:20 PM

25.gif
6.gif

Mine too. It''s a conspiracy!
11.gif
I quite agree!
37.gif

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
weekly weigh-in

week 1
height 5''8"
weight 149
bust 37"
waist 27.75"
hips 39.5"
thighs 22"
arms 10.5"

week 3
height 5''8"
weight 147.5
bust 37"
waist 28"
hips 38.5"
thighs 22.5"
arms 10.25"

I finally bought an ipod, so now I can stay on the ellip for at least an hour! I predict bigger improvements by next wednesday!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whoo hoo! Congrats Sumbride for doing so well last night and for your weight loss! And 2 lbs DJ, excellent! Yay, nejarb, great weigh-in!
36.gif

Here are my stats...actually lost a half pound this week...yay!

Last week:
Weight: 143.1
Bust: 36 7/8
Waist: 33.5
Hips: 40.3
Thigh: 22.25
Arm: 10

This week:
Weight: 142.6
Bust: 36.75
Waist: 33.4
Hips: 39.75
Thigh: 22.20
Arm: 10

Total % weightloss for the week = .34%
Total % weightloss since Jan 4 = 2.18%

So interestingly, although I lost more the previous weigh in period, I am starting to see that the tape measure is moving. I think the hip measurement is wrong, but I did it a few times. We''ll see next week. Everything else just moved a very small hair, but it''s a move down nonetheless.

Brekky today was egg white omelette with a spoonful of bruschetta sauce for topping and a pack of oatmeal.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
so as part of my 'i can't care AS much about gaining weight while sedentary' campaign i got a small cheeseburger and small fries from mcdonalds today...omg it's been like 6 months since i have had anything from there. YUM YUM and YUM. also hoping that the infusion of fat will help keep me full longer so i don't snack as much.
3.gif
i also went to TJ's and got our pizzas for tonite, fresh mangos, steel cut oatmeal, two salads, another one of the TJ soups (roasted red pepper and tomato), a tortilla chowder soup that my friend LOVES and is only 200 cals for the whole jar, and a bag of chocolate chip brownie cookies that are fresh from their bakery and fairly large and yet only 120 cals each. for the office...no way are these things going home with me. hehe.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
well yesterday I did my pilates class in the morning, and we did exercises using the ball - whew, what a butt-kicker! you really can''t cheat on that! abs and especially obliques are hurting a bit today. Then at night I went with DH and we used the machines and lifted free weights. I am proud to say that when I began lifting free weights, it was difficult for me to use 10lb weights, and now I am up to 15
36.gif
Last night we had some leftover chicken cordon bleu I made over the weekend in the crockpot, and some green beans. We are trying on smaller portions now, I think its making a difference for me, but DH made a pb & j later in the evening
14.gif

This morning I managed to do another round on the elliptical for 600 calories and increased the incline up a couple. Does anyone notice any upper backpain when on the ellip.? Since I''ve been doing it, I have some tension in my shoulders, and trying to find out if its from that. I am trying to not lean over, but maybe its the shifting and my posture is thrown off a bit.

Also, I know a few people mentioned a loss in bust size from working out, but is there any help for someone who wants to lose the bust size?
21.gif
i''m willing to do more cardio if that is what will do it, but are there any exercises I can do to decrease a cup size?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
rose for me it was just overall loss all over....and it included my bust and butt...two of my previously well-endowed areas.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like there are lots of successes this week! Congrats sumbride and DJ and TG for the weightloss. WOW sum, 15 pounds?! Good job!

So, I''m back from San Francisco. I was there for 4 days visiting FI''s 2 month old nephew (SO CUTE). I knew instantly what kind of trip it would be because FI''s brother took us straight from the airport to In and Out Burger (because whenever guests visit them, they are introduced to In and Out). FI had never had one, so it was almost mandatory that we go. They actually live in Burlingame, and there are so many great places to go for breakfast there, so every morning we had some hefty omlettes or crepes. And lots of potatoes. It''s so hard to be guests and eat healthily. I made a healthy chili for dinner for them, but that was as healthy as we got. Oh and we visited some of their friends in La Grenada and they took us to buy fresh Dungeness Crabs for one dinner. Fresh seafood is THE BEST. It was DELICIOUS. I''m starting to have a better vision of what I should do for my wedding...sushi and lobster in Maine. I can''t imagine anything that could make me happier.

Anyway...now I need to get back on track (again). I had a pumpkin muffin and coffee for lunch (I woke up really late). Cooking dinner with a friend tonight (FI is still in Burlingame). Dinner plan for tomorrow is La Bonne Soup (French restaurant) with two college friends. So I need to budget my calories and workouts accordingly!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol CJ when were you in burlingame for breakfast? i was there with carebear and luckyhonu (from PS) on Saturday for a whole afternoon of shopping, and we went to Alana''s for a late breakfast, please tell me you ate there, they have the best breakfast ever!!! oatmeal pancakes baby!!! oh and you know all about egg white omeletes and all that right?! places typically don''t mind making them for you. at alanaas i had the best egg white scramble with some potatoes and whole wheat toast, and an oatmeal pancake. yum.

anyway sounds like you had a fab trip!! was it chilly enough for you? hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results