shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 15th Jan till 21st Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, I''ve mentioned this before, but I thought I''d bring it up again for those who weren''t around when i was posting last year...

I LOVE Trader Joe''s Bruschetta Sauce as salad dressing! It''s the one in the green and white container (not see through). At only 10 calories a tablespoon, it''s pretty well guilt free and really adds flavor to a salad. I made a mediterraneanish salad for lunch, with mini red peppers,carrots, pepperoncinis, a wee bit of feta (under an ounce), red onion, and cucumbers. Yum!

It''s also great on broiled salmon.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
TG i tried to find that at TJ''s but i couldn''t. where it is kept???

DJ congrats on baggy butt!!! i totally agree re: tradeoffs. sometimes i love just having campbells soup for lunch so that i can splurge at dinner big time. or yes, chocolate....or a dove bar, YUM. enjoy it.

go bee...no crisps are a huge positive. and turtledazzle, lol those discs sound hilarious..effective!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2007 6:33:42 PM
Author: Mara

DJ congrats on baggy butt!!! i totally agree re: tradeoffs. sometimes i love just having campbells soup for lunch so that i can splurge at dinner big time. or yes, chocolate....or a dove bar, YUM. enjoy it.

go bee...no crisps are a huge positive. and turtledazzle, lol those discs sound hilarious..effective!
Mara, it is in the refridgerated section, usually near the dips (hummus, tzakiki, etc) In our TJ''s, it''s on the top shelf. Would it help if I took a photo of my container so ya know what you''re looking for?

portia

Brilliant_Rock

Ok, time to join this thread. I''m hoping that by reading everyone''s daily workouts, stories, tips and recipes, it will motivate me to get off my butt and exercise and eat right. I''ve slowly gained weight over the last five years and I must end this vicious cycle! I''ve had a personal trainer for the last year (2x per wk) and it really doesn''t do much for me without the cardio (except make me bigger). Ok... off to jump on the elliptical!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehee well i am going to TJ's tomorrow so if you have time to take a picture, sure, if not i will try to take a peek around since I am going to get more pizzas etc.

had my corn chowder roasted pepper soup today for lunch which is pretty tasty even though the color of it is like a sickly green. lol. funny because the servings say 4 and i had what i thought was 2 servings on friday and about 1.5 servings today. but the container still feels like there is at least one more serving in there. so i must have had less today or friday. oh well. i had two bags of popcorn to compensate, lol! i got the 100 cal kettle corn and the 100 cal popcorn so i had both back to back. whew lots of popcorn! can anyone say whole grain servings? then i had a bit of a leftover granola bar and i split 1/2 of a halloween size kit kat with my coworker (aka one tiny stick for us each, we were cracking). oh and 2 mini blueberry oatmeal muffins. i'm resisting the urge to snack some more since i only have one more hour before leaving. tonite i'm not sure what i'm having for dinner just yet. i want to do oatmeal, i like the thought of it anyway, but i kind of am craving potatoes! so maybe some baked alexa fries and some soup or something. i dunno...we shall see!!!
5.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, what kind of pizzas do you get at TJs? I''m been having a pizza crazing something fierce for the past few days but I haven''t done anything about it yet...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2007 7:02:27 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Mara, what kind of pizzas do you get at TJs? I''m been having a pizza crazing something fierce for the past few days but I haven''t done anything about it yet...
we love their chicken, artichoke, mushroom one...it''s 440 cals for the whole pizza and something like 20g of fat (but i don''t eat much fat typically so that''s fine for my range)...and it bakes up in 15 minutes in the oven. they are fresh by the way so they have an expire date of like 5 days after purchase typically. i get the sausage, pepperoni, cheese one with cornbread crust for greg...it''s not super healthy at about 780 cals for the whole pizza but we cut our pizzas into 1/4''s and then i take one 1/4 of his and he gets 1/4 of mine. so i have 3/4 of the chicken artichoke one and 1/4 of his and the whole thing is only 500 cals...hehee. and i get to splurge a bit with some yummy sausage pizza. then we typically have a 100 cal super basic salad (romaine, black pepper and some caesear balsamic dressing) to go with it for a 600 cal dinner (for me). they also have a roasted portabello mushroom and veggie one that is pretty good but i love the chicken one the best. those two are the healthiest, they have a few other not so great for you options but i would imagine they are okay if you split them. i just love the idea of having my own personal nice-size pizza that''s under 450 cals!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Top...

IMG_1995.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Side..

ETA, personally as a bruschetta sauce itself, I'd rather make my own fresh one!

IMG_1996.jpg

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
Hi Portia! thanks for joining us, and check back in soon. Your kitty is cute, by the way.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for welcoming me, nejarb! The kitty in my avatar is Haley - she''s a marbled bengal.

My first day back doing cardio after a long absence (due to extremely laziness). I did 30 min. on the elliptical at level 3 and about died! I used to do 60 min at level 5... I''m so out of shape compared to how I was. Oh well, gotta start somewhere I guess.
40.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome miss portia.

so my mom was appalled when i told her that i was having cereal for dinner ('who has cereal for dinner')...so when i came by to pick up portia she had a big portion of chicken vegetable soup she made today set aside for greg and i...with country rustic bread with butter and a bag with a few fresh chocolate chip cookies she picked up at her fave bakery, lol. she was off from work today. also she informed me i was too skinny as well as she forced the to-go bag on me...lol.

on the plus side the chicken soup was amazing!! i really want to try to make it now. she uses big fat hearty veggies and potatoes and turnips and chunks of chicken...the whole chicken it looked like. chick soup can be pretty healthy but not sure about when you use the whole chicken to make the broth. though i just ate the chicken breast parts, i just like the white meat. anyway it was yum and i had 1.5 pieces of bread too, hee. and i'm going to have a chocolate chip cookie for dessert.

i have been totally obsessing on how i can't work out and how i don't want to gain weight while i'm down for the count and undo all my hard work etc. but in reality...a week of not working out and eating normally like i do, won't kill me. and i don't want to continue to obsess on what i CAN'T eat because i'm not working out because then i will just keep thinking about the food i want to have but can't. so what if i gain a pound or two in the next week. i can work it off again once i am better. so i really enjoyed the soup and bread and will enjoy the cookie big time! lol.

so anyhow, i'm at home on the couch...waiting for AI to start and watching soaps in the meantime. hope everyone had a great day!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey everyone,

Had a long day at work, then went to the gym and to relieve the day''s stress, I really really worked out hard. Then when I left the gym at 9 PM, our realtor called and our offer has finally been accepted for the ''uber'' cool condo we''re in love with and he needed to meet us and get the major earnest money check. So, here it is 11:15 and I''m completely wound up and need to get to bed for another long day tomorrow.

So, short note. Long day, but a good one. I''ll check in again tomorrow evening and hope everyone''s doing well.

Rod

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2007 11:17:09 PM
Author: Rod
Hey everyone,

Had a long day at work, then went to the gym and to relieve the day''s stress, I really really worked out hard. Then when I left the gym at 9 PM, our realtor called and our offer has finally been accepted for the ''uber'' cool condo we''re in love with and he needed to meet us and get the major earnest money check. So, here it is 11:15 and I''m completely wound up and need to get to bed for another long day tomorrow.

So, short note. Long day, but a good one. I''ll check in again tomorrow evening and hope everyone''s doing well.

Rod
36.gif

Congrats, live in it in good health!

Sevenwires

Rough_Rock

Sorry I’ve been totally MIA for a while. I’m been super busy with work, as I’m trying to get some extra work done and out of the way so I can take off and go on my vacation in February.

So a little update on what’s been going on with me. Initially I couldn’t even find the time to get to the market. But now I am fully stocked with healthy food readily available to eat in case hunger attacks! I have tuna, I have salad, I have rice cakes, good-for-you cereals, and non-fat milk. I’ve also made the turkey lasagna that everyone on here is raving about and I love love love how healthy it tastes!

Now as for working out, I’ve been to the gym 4 times last week… each time running/jogging on the treadmill at the speed of 4.7 for 45 – 50 minutes doing about 4+ miles each time. My HRM tells me that I’m burning about 525 calories each time. Hopefully this will eventually melt away some of the fat in the near future and let me see some results! This week I’ve been to the gym yesterday… and I’m going to go again right after this. I bought myself a tablet style portable dvd player and it makes the treadmill SO much more fun. I have all-you-can-rent from Hollywood Video so I get new movies every other day. Well, some movies are old, but new to me. So far this has been keeping me going since the only time I can catch up on movies now seems to be on the treadmill.

Hi Portia! Welcome!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHOO HOO Rod, that is just awesome. Hooray for PS fairy dust.
2.gif

Welcome Portia!

Well, managed to get my booty to the gym. Did an hour on elliptical and 20-25 minutes weights, so I probably burned around 650 calories or so.

I love having food choices in the house...makes me look forward to what to eat tomorrow!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
jeez i have way too many food choices in the house, obviously. not only did i eat the soup and the bread and the cookie...but another small cookie (hee) and 2 bowls of cereal!!! at least it was healthy cereal. lol. i seriously need these abs to heal soon or else i am going to be the size of a helium balloon. eeee.

Sevenwires

Rough_Rock
Ahhh TravlinGal I know exactly what you mean when you look forward to tomorrow when there are good food choices in the house. Me too. I get really excited about the good, healthy food I''m going to make or put together and won''t make me feel guilty after I eat it.
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay Rod - congrats on the super cool condo and having the offer accepted!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

This week I can congratulate YOU Nej, on your weightloss!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Mara I hope you feel better soon
15.gif
*I* too often have cereal for dinner, causing great shock to those who think it is a breakfast staple only - it makes a good dinner IMO ( occasionally!)

Dee - I hope you enjoyed your Dove bar!!
12.gif
12.gif
12.gif
12.gif
( angel chorus inserted!) Have you ordered the Magic Bullet yet?
41.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!

Ok yesterday was a total disaster with regards to exercise because it was sooooooo hot! 38 degrees celsius is not good walking weather.

To make it worse, the bush fires took out a major transformer or something and we lost electricity in our area (plus a few other places in metropolitan melbourne and country victoria), so everything basically shut down. Gym, bank, fresh food market, supermarket, EVERYTHING. I had to drive around in my car with the aircon on because button was so hot and whingy and we had no power at home to have fans/aircon.

Today is a better day and I did some weights plus 30mins on the cross trainer, and a couple of hours shopping (that counts as walking doesn''t it?
2.gif
). Foodwise, I''ve had my usual brekkie of weetbix plus fruit on top with skinny milk, lunch was a lamb wrap, and dinner was a chicken & avocado + salad roll. I had a ''weightwatchers'' choc raspberry muffin in the afternoon - don''t know how many calories it was, but each muffin is 3 1/2 points? I got it from a muffin cafe at the shopping ctr.

I have yoga tmr, and will go in early so I can get some cardio in before my class.

I haven''t read all the posts yet, gonna do some catching up now!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bah! Forgot to mention no workout yesterday as ....GUESS WHAT???...Yep, my back was sore again.
20.gif
I will try for later today.

Welcome Portia
35.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2007 6:33:42 PM
Author: Mara

Thanks Mara! I dont find that Im craving them either if I dont have any at all. Im on a day off today so Im just about to head to the gym. I''ll post my weight loss after I weigh myself up there today. Still havent bought a tape measure so will have to leave stats for another day

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
Last night''s dinner was amazing! I''ve been trying to eat salad with grilled chicken for dinner lately, but last night I just did not feel like salad. But... I found corn tortillas in my freezer and defrosted 3 of them. Then, I grilled up the chicken and topped with a little cheese at the last minute. Chicken and cheese in tortillas topped with tomatoes and lettuce. YUM! And, it was exactly what I would''ve eaten anyway, except a little less lettuce and a little more carb. I know some people do the no carb or low carb thing, but I''m not one of those people. I NEED carbs, there have been times where I have been known to eat bread straight out of the bag because I''m carb deficient! So, dinner was excellent! I might have it again for lunch or dinner today. I thought it was gonna taste gross because I didn''t have any salsa or sour cream, but by melting the cheese the tiniest bit on the chicken, it was great!

This morning I got up and went to the 6am Pilates class at the gym. It was great! I''ve never done Pilates, and it''s totally my thing! Excited to go again next week!

Wednesday Weekly Work-out Thread Weigh In:
Height: 5''2"
Weight: Still need to get the battery for my new razzle dazzle scale, but the average between the home scale and the gym scale (with clothes) is ~160 lbs! I know, gross!
Bust: 36 1/2"
Waist: 32"
Low Waist: 37"
Hips: 44" (can you tell where I carry all my weight :)
Thigh: Right-27 1/2" Left-27"
Arm: Right-12" Left-12 1/2"
Calves: 16"
Size 12 or 14

I have no idea why my thighs and arms are different sizes - how odd... So, anyway, this is my start stats - we''ll see them go down, slowly but surely as I get on the path to a healthy life!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod - That''s great news about the condo! When are you officially closing?

For the Wednesday morning weigh-in I''m am down 2 pounds from last week and down 5.5 pounds from when I started posting to this thread on Dec. 11. Life is good!!!

Today I''m having coffee and oatmeal for breakfast, soup for lunch, a banana for a snack, and who knows what the happy hubby is cooking for dinner. And I''ll go do an hour on the eliptical. Boring, but it works for me, LOL!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
food yesterday was pretty much the same as the day before - pumpkin muffin for breakfast, black bean soup and some carrots for lunch, small skim latte as a snack, and then turkey lasagna for dinner. it''s funny, usually i don''t like to eat the same thing multiple days in a row, but i am still totally digging the lasagna - yum! i also had some light popcorn while watching tv last night since i was under my calorie count for the day.

i made another batch of muffins last night, and they came out this time, so i had a yummy mixed berry muffin for breakfast today. i still think the pumpkin spice ones are my favorite, but since it takes me almost 2 weeks to eat a batch, it''s nice to change it up once in a while. my dad is in town for a meeting today, so he''s taking me out to lunch. i think that i am going to get a salmon burger, yum. since lunch will be higher calorie than usual, i will probably have something light for dinner, maybe some soup with a salad.

on the exercise front, i fought off the crowds at the gym to get in 45 minutes on the elliptical yesterday, and tonight i''ll go to yoga. i weighed myself at the gym yesterday and found i had lost another 2 pounds in about 2 weeks - yay!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Woo hoo! It''s Wednesday! Not only does this mean I''m home, working in my pjs, but that I can post my very successful trip to the scale! drumroll please... I''ve lost 11 pounds this week, for a total of 15 since the start of the year! I realize most of that is fluid, and I don''t expect that rate to continue (it better not!) but I''m thrilled!!! Woo hoo!

I did very well at Lauriol last night thanks to TG and Mara! I refrained from the famed swirl margarita... I ordered iced tea, the fiesta salad with no cheese and dressing on the side, and I did not touch the big bowl of super-fried chips in front of me! When the salad came, I put all the avocado on the side, tried a wee bit but realized it wasn''t ripe and thus didn''t taste good, so I left it alone, and then put a little salsa on top. The chicken was tasty but sparse so it was a very healthy dinner. And it didn''t come in one of the fried shells. My girlfriends also got salads since they''re in my wedding, so that definitely helped, but I think, if all we''re going to do is order salads, that we need to find another place to dine! It was so hard staring at those chips and the waitress wouldn''t take them away! I did entertain the idea of fajitas for a moment but one of them poked me in the arm and said "garlic butter" so I ordered the salad!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 9:11:29 AM

For the Wednesday morning weigh-in I''m am down 2 pounds from last week and down 5.5 pounds from when I started posting to this thread on Dec. 11. Life is good!!!

Today I''m having coffee and oatmeal for breakfast, soup for lunch, a banana for a snack, and who knows what the happy hubby is cooking for dinner. And I''ll go do an hour on the eliptical. Boring, but it works for me, LOL!
Congrats on the loss, ain''t it fun??
36.gif

And I just have to say, while I would imagine many women on here would love to have your ring, I''d take your hubby any day of the week. He cooks!!
39.gif

Lucky girl.
25.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 10:47:39 AM
Author: sumbride
Woo hoo! It''s Wednesday! Not only does this mean I''m home, working in my pjs, but that I can post my very successful trip to the scale! drumroll please... I''ve lost 11 pounds this week, for a total of 15 since the start of the year! I realize most of that is fluid, and I don''t expect that rate to continue (it better not!) but I''m thrilled!!! Woo hoo!
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/17/2007 10:47:44 AM
Author: Ellen
Date: 1/17/2007 9:11:29 AM

Congrats on the loss, ain''t it fun??
36.gif

And I just have to say, while I would imagine many women on here would love to have your ring, I''d take your hubby any day of the week. He cooks!!
39.gif

Lucky girl.
25.gif

Ha ha Ellen, it''s a package deal. You can have both the ring and the cooking hubby, but you gotta take my wobbly butt in the deal too!
9.gif

(BTW, the happy hubby is leaving for a ski trip tomorrow so The Demon and I will be subsisting on god only knows what for several days. Well, OK, The Demon will be eating the same food he normally eats, but I bet I''ll be glad to see the HH when he gets home, LOL... )

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Dee Jay -- how much for just your kitchen?? I think I could handle the demon dog... maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results