shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 14 Aug to 20 Aug

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2006 11:12:32 AM
Author: Lorelei
My tastebuds went crazy to begin with, coffee tasted weird and my soda, everything was pronounced, but now it seems to have settled down. I haven''t had any taste changes yet I suppose and am sticking to the same foods to keep the old bod trim, but I am drinking a lot of V8 which tastes yummy! One thing I do notice is how clean my teeth feel and how pearly my teefs look!
9.gif
I have never used much salt really, except on chips ( fries) but I would be delighted if I started wanting fish and vegetables, no such luck!

I will stick with the cereal bar as I do feel I can work out harder with some fuel, I don''t want to get dizzy again. Especially since I have started using the big stairmaster, I don''t want to fall off it
32.gif

That was what Hub said about there being entirely different rules for body builders and you need to not go by what these pumped up people do. It sounds like torture to me with some of the things they do, but they seem to lap it all up!
Oh my........have your blood pressure checked. The amount of sodium in V8 is extreme.........
15.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2006 11:17:38 AM
Author: Rod

Oh my........have your blood pressure checked. The amount of sodium in V8 is extreme.........
15.gif
Blast. The things I like are always bad for me
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
And I thought it was doing me good - ( smacks forehead) " I could have had a V8!" NOT.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2006 11:21:56 AM

15.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
And I thought it was doing me good - ( smacks forehead) '' I could have had a V8!'' NOT.
All in moderation my dear!! I don''t mean to say V8 is inherantly bad for you, but lot''s of V8, probably not so good.........Next time you reach for that V8, check out the grams of sodium on the can. Frightening
23.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will do that as Hub and I are becoming avid labels readers now, well he is anyway!
9.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2006 8:22:54 AM
Author: coda72
I ran a long run of 13 miles last night with some stopping and walking. I felt like I could have run the full 13, but I just didn''t feel like running through the cramp I had. I know if I were in the race, I would have kept running, but I just didn''t want to last night. My legs are feeling pretty strong, so I''m pretty confident they can carry me the whole way. I still have 3 more chances to do the full 13 miles before the race, and I know I will do it!

Lorelei, congratulations on staying smoke-free for so long! Pretty soon you forget you ever smoked at all! My husband is an occasional cigar smoker, and I''m really trying to wean him off them. I know I can''t make him do it though, he has to want to do it on his own.

I don''t know about this rice and fruits and veggie diet, but I''ll consider trying a modified version of it. The only problem is that I love dairy products, so I don''t know how easy it will be to give them up. I do know you can lose a lot of weight with this type of diet. I know someone who is on this diet, and is losing weight like crazy.

Tonight is a rest night for me; after doing that distance my legs hurt. If I''m recovered tomorrow, I''ll do a short 3 mile run. Have a great workout today, everyone!
Just wanted to say congratulations Coda!!!!! That''s quite an accomplishment!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
rod and lorelei, i also heard that you should not eat right before a workout because then your body is burning off the calories of what you just consumed instead of burning off the fat that you have stored...but my old kbox trainer told me that if you do eat, to eat something that has natural sugar and natural carbs if you are going to have them before a workout. he said things like fruit or veggies...things that your body can easily break down and process for energy and then turn to the fat...you don''t want your body to have to expend too much energy processing hard to digest foods and then your workout will be just food processing time. i thought that was pretty interesting. anyway i try not to eat right before a workout in general because i feel kinda sick to my stomach then, but i try to eat a snack or something about an hour to 1.5 hours before and it''s usually fruit or a granola bar and it seems to be working out alright. on saturday mornings though it''s hard for me as i just get up and go to the class...so i either have time to drink a glass of milk or something or grab a fruit but then i feel kind of sick as i eat right before the class. but i feel like i can''t really work out on nothing at all. and getting up like 30 minutes earlier on a saturday? not gonna happen. hehe. the class is already early at 9!

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/17/2006 12:00:29 PM
Author: Mara
rod and lorelei, i also heard that you should not eat right before a workout because then your body is burning off the calories of what you just consumed instead of burning off the fat that you have stored...but my old kbox trainer told me that if you do eat, to eat something that has natural sugar and natural carbs if you are going to have them before a workout. he said things like fruit or veggies...things that your body can easily break down and process for energy and then turn to the fat...you don''t want your body to have to expend too much energy processing hard to digest foods and then your workout will be just food processing time. i thought that was pretty interesting. anyway i try not to eat right before a workout in general because i feel kinda sick to my stomach then, but i try to eat a snack or something about an hour to 1.5 hours before and it''s usually fruit or a granola bar and it seems to be working out alright. on saturday mornings though it''s hard for me as i just get up and go to the class...so i either have time to drink a glass of milk or something or grab a fruit but then i feel kind of sick as i eat right before the class. but i feel like i can''t really work out on nothing at all. and getting up like 30 minutes earlier on a saturday? not gonna happen. hehe. the class is already early at 9!
I have heard that bananas however are bad for pre-workout. One friend used to have one before workouts all the time and had little to no progress - she cut out the bananas and the weight started falling off.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
miss coda...have you ever tried to wear a heart rate monitor while you run? my dad who is an avid cyclist and marathoner just gave greg one for this birthday, it''s a watch/timer/heart rate monitor and it comes with this strap you put on your chest over your heart. anyway, greg has just started wearing it when he runs and stuff and he had an interesting thing happen to him last nite. he''s not a real big runner, he does 5k''s and some 10k''s with me and my dad...but he''s more about intense workouts like rowing where you expend all your energy in 20 minutes then lay around like a limp rag recovering. so running for him...he likes it but he gets tired quickly and can only really run for about 20-25 minutes without feeling like he is just overdoing it and getting really tired. so last nite he said he used the heart rate monitor to consciously keep his HR lower (he used it to run on monday and it was something like 190 which is really high for his age, over his max i think), and this time he tried to keep it at around i think he said 180. anyway, he said he felt more at ease and relaxed by doing this and he was able to run farther and longer than he had before! so he did 35 minutes instead of his usual 20-25. he was so happy. his goal is to be able to run for 45-55 minutes with no worries and then he''ll be able to do a 10k with my dad and not have any issues at all. greg is in great shape, so it''s not about that...i thinik it was more about HOW he was expending his energy. he''d probably be fabulous at sprints. anyway...i thought about you and how you are trying to get your mileage up and wondered if maybe doing something like this monitor would assist you at all, you could play around with what range makes you feel most comfortable and you might find it helps you go longer.

also on the same heart rate monitor discussion, i have been using the little sensors when i workout at the gym on the treadmill and it''s interesting to watch your HR go up and down as you work out. i am doing the hill program and so my HR really does rise and fall with the hills and how large they are. and it''s interesting to see how long it takes for you to bring your heart rate down after a hill, and how to employ breathing techniques to bring it down more quickly (rather than panting madly). anyway, i feel like i have become more ''aware'' of how i feel when working out by using the HR monitor at the gym, aka i can see when i am in the fat burning zone and take measure of how i feel (less taxed and more relaxed) and when i am in the cardio zone (really working it)...and to see how high my rate wants to go (so far only 162 is my max) during a workout etc. anyway just thought i''d throw that out there, lorelei since you do a lot of gym work you may want to check it out and see how it varies. also interestingly enough, your heart rate is supposed to go up when you are sick to help your body fight the cold, but mine was lower when i was sick than when it was when i got better...kinda interesting.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, It''s funny you mentioned that, I just ordered a heart rate monitor, and I''m looking forward to trying it out. I really would like to keep my heart rate in the aerobic zone so I''m burning the most fat! I''m not going to win the race anyway, I would just be happy finishing it, so I may as well get the benefit of fat burning. I think the aerobic zone is 60-80% of what your max heart rate is supposed to be or something like that.

Thanks for the congrats, everyone. I won''t feel good until I''m running the whole distance, but I really think it was laziness last night. I felt ok other than the cramp, and I just didn''t want to run through it. I did run 10.5 miles before stopping. I think I''ll probably be able to do the whole 13 next week.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2006 12:08:56 PM
miss coda...have you ever tried to wear a heart rate monitor while you run? my dad who is an avid cyclist and marathoner just gave greg one for this birthday, it's a watch/timer/heart rate monitor and it comes with this strap you put on your chest over your heart. anyway, greg has just started wearing it when he runs and stuff and he had an interesting thing happen to him last nite. he's not a real big runner, he does 5k's and some 10k's with me and my dad...but he's more about intense workouts like rowing where you expend all your energy in 20 minutes then lay around like a limp rag recovering. so running for him...he likes it but he gets tired quickly and can only really run for about 20-25 minutes without feeling like he is just overdoing it and getting really tired. so last nite he said he used the heart rate monitor to consciously keep his HR lower (he used it to run on monday and it was something like 190 which is really high for his age, over his max i think), and this time he tried to keep it at around i think he said 180. anyway, he said he felt more at ease and relaxed by doing this and he was able to run farther and longer than he had before! so he did 35 minutes instead of his usual 20-25. he was so happy. his goal is to be able to run for 45-55 minutes with no worries and then he'll be able to do a 10k with my dad and not have any issues at all. greg is in great shape, so it's not about that...i thinik it was more about HOW he was expending his energy. he'd probably be fabulous at sprints. anyway...i thought about you and how you are trying to get your mileage up and wondered if maybe doing something like this monitor would assist you at all, you could play around with what range makes you feel most comfortable and you might find it helps you go longer.

also on the same heart rate monitor discussion, i have been using the little sensors when i workout at the gym on the treadmill and it's interesting to watch your HR go up and down as you work out. i am doing the hill program and so my HR really does rise and fall with the hills and how large they are. and it's interesting to see how long it takes for you to bring your heart rate down after a hill, and how to employ breathing techniques to bring it down more quickly (rather than panting madly). anyway, i feel like i have become more 'aware' of how i feel when working out by using the HR monitor at the gym, aka i can see when i am in the fat burning zone and take measure of how i feel (less taxed and more relaxed) and when i am in the cardio zone (really working it)...and to see how high my rate wants to go (so far only 162 is my max) during a workout etc. anyway just thought i'd throw that out there, lorelei since you do a lot of gym work you may want to check it out and see how it varies. also interestingly enough, your heart rate is supposed to go up when you are sick to help your body fight the cold, but mine was lower when i was sick than when it was when i got better...kinda interesting.
Mara: I'm a big believer in wearing a heart rate monitor when I run. I bought the Polaris system for running. It provides distance and heart rate and speaks with a satellite to let me know my true mileage. I bought it primarily for the heart rate though. And if I see my heart rate going too high (usually my breathing also let's me know I'm pushing too hard), I back down a bit and make sure I'm in a healthy range. I also compared the heart rate monitor with the monitor on the elliptical and found them to be similar, but not identical.

So Coda, Mara's giving you really good advice, if you don't already use one. BTW.....I thought the strap around my mid section would be annoying, but it doesn't bother me at all.

EDIT: Didn't see your response before writing Coda. Glad to see you are getting one for your runs!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2006 12:00:29 PM
rod and lorelei, i also heard that you should not eat right before a workout because then your body is burning off the calories of what you just consumed instead of burning off the fat that you have stored...but my old kbox trainer told me that if you do eat, to eat something that has natural sugar and natural carbs if you are going to have them before a workout. he said things like fruit or veggies...things that your body can easily break down and process for energy and then turn to the fat...you don't want your body to have to expend too much energy processing hard to digest foods and then your workout will be just food processing time. i thought that was pretty interesting. anyway i try not to eat right before a workout in general because i feel kinda sick to my stomach then, but i try to eat a snack or something about an hour to 1.5 hours before and it's usually fruit or a granola bar and it seems to be working out alright. on saturday mornings though it's hard for me as i just get up and go to the class...so i either have time to drink a glass of milk or something or grab a fruit but then i feel kind of sick as i eat right before the class. but i feel like i can't really work out on nothing at all. and getting up like 30 minutes earlier on a saturday? not gonna happen. hehe. the class is already early at 9!
Mara........certainly natural sugars before a workout can really help fuel the session. I've read that if you're trying to build muscle, consuming a good dose of protein, either in the form of a protein shake or in a protein bar (which does include sugar) can help.

I make sure I either eat a protein bar about an hour before working out, or if I'm at work, I eat my unprocessed almonds and natural raisens to give me some fiber, protein and sugar. But, I never have a full meal before a workout. With the EXCEPTION of our Saturday morning sessions with our trainer. If I don't eat enough, he burns me out too quickly. So, on Sauturday mornings, we eat a full breakfast 2 hours before our training session consisting of the following:

3 eggs with cheese
Bowl of fresh fruit
Scone
Juice and at least a quart of water

With this, I've had enough time to digest most of the food, and I have enough ooomph in my system to get me not only through the brutal hour with our trainer, but to then get on the elliptical for another 45 to 55 minutes and push pretty hard. I usually skip hard food after our workout, in favor of a 'Muscle Milk' Yogurt Protein Shake (which is a full meal replacement).

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the zones on the gym machines for my age (31) 60% is 114; then up to 70%ish is fat burning zone (for me that''s up to 139); and then up to 85% is the cardio zone which for me is up to 165. or something like that. so i was noticing when i was doing the hill program that 30 seconds after the big hill, my rate was around 62 and that after the flat lull part it would drop down to about 135. so it was fluctuating between the fat zone and cardio zone during the whole program, so i felt pretty good about that. i find that if i try to stay in the fat burning zone i get really bored as i''m not doing enough. so the hill is good because it takes me in and out of both and i don''t get bored.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Coda...that is excellent!

Lorelei, yeah, V8 is crazy high in sodium. If I want one, FI and I actually SPLIT one of those little cans. I love v8 too, so it''s a bummer.

Mara, read your request on salad dressings. There''s one that I use from the barefoot contessa all the time. Garlic, dijon mustard, champagne vinegar, good olive oil, salt and pepper. Yes, it has the oil, but I love this dressing and use it sparingly. Let me know if you are interested. Also, I posted awhile back about the Bruschetta Sauce at TJ''s (in the white and green container). At only 20 calories for 2 tablespoons, it makes an excellent and yummy topping on salads.)

BTW, I ordered a few pairs of charlotte pants today. I''m a bit dubious, but I could really use some comfy pants. We''ll see how it goes...

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/16/2006 2:11:47 PM

Date: 8/16/2006 1:54:28 PM
Author: jcrow

Date: 8/16/2006 1:47:38 PM
Well, I really blew it at lunch today. Today we drove from Tampa to Clearwater where our jeweler is to have my ring resized. Get this, after losing 50 pounds, my ring size has gone from 10 1/2 to 9 1/4. Anyway, there''s a ''Fatburger'' on the way back from Clearwater. There are a lot of them in California, but not too many in FL. So, we stopped there and I had a turkey burger, with cheese, mayo, lettuc and tomatoe, plus fries. So Yummmy. I can''t believe I went so far off course, but man, was it ever good.

I''ll do extra on the elliptical tonight as pennance for my gastromic sin, but it was pretty satisfying. Hmmmmmmm, I probably gained weight from this one lunch. Maybe, I should have had my ring sized to 9 1/2. Hmmmmmmm.
i''m curious, for those who eat healthy do you get a not so good feeling after you splurge on something that''s not so good for you and that you hadn''t eaten in a very long time?
Well, I can say that I feel guilty for my Fatburger lunch. I did enjoy it, but I honestly wish I hadn''t splurged. I haven''t eaten anything remotely like a burger and fries in over 10 months. So, I guess I do feel badly about what I did.

On a plus note, when I was at my jeweler''s they we in the process of setting an amazing 4 carat spectacular round diamond in a new custom platinum setting. It made my little 1.12 carat stone look so small. The stone was GIA graded and was graded Excellent. It was so pretty.
OK...I had to postpone my signing up at the gym for a few days due to a busy schedule and traveling BUT
I''m not making excuses!! No Sireeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rod...I see you are in the Tampa area. I am a USF alumni (1978) **before USF had a sun dome or a football team
35.gif

To the gym tomorrow..for real... Great job everyone with your diets and workouts
36.gif
Will keep you posted.

Jeff

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/17/2006 11:21:56 AM

15.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
And I thought it was doing me good - ( smacks forehead) '' I could have had a V8!'' NOT.
Sodium is
14.gif
. I always check the labels on everything. It''s amazing the high sodium in some foods and yes... V8!!!

Jeff

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2006 4:28:44 PM
Author: Modified Brilliant

Date: 8/16/2006 2:11:47 PM

Date: 8/16/2006 1:54:28 PM
Author: jcrow

Date: 8/16/2006 1:47:38 PM
Well, I really blew it at lunch today. Today we drove from Tampa to Clearwater where our jeweler is to have my ring resized. Get this, after losing 50 pounds, my ring size has gone from 10 1/2 to 9 1/4. Anyway, there''s a ''Fatburger'' on the way back from Clearwater. There are a lot of them in California, but not too many in FL. So, we stopped there and I had a turkey burger, with cheese, mayo, lettuc and tomatoe, plus fries. So Yummmy. I can''t believe I went so far off course, but man, was it ever good.

I''ll do extra on the elliptical tonight as pennance for my gastromic sin, but it was pretty satisfying. Hmmmmmmm, I probably gained weight from this one lunch. Maybe, I should have had my ring sized to 9 1/2. Hmmmmmmm.
i''m curious, for those who eat healthy do you get a not so good feeling after you splurge on something that''s not so good for you and that you hadn''t eaten in a very long time?
Well, I can say that I feel guilty for my Fatburger lunch. I did enjoy it, but I honestly wish I hadn''t splurged. I haven''t eaten anything remotely like a burger and fries in over 10 months. So, I guess I do feel badly about what I did.

On a plus note, when I was at my jeweler''s they we in the process of setting an amazing 4 carat spectacular round diamond in a new custom platinum setting. It made my little 1.12 carat stone look so small. The stone was GIA graded and was graded Excellent. It was so pretty.
OK...I had to postpone my signing up at the gym for a few days due to a busy schedule and traveling BUT
I''m not making excuses!! No Sireeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rod...I see you are in the Tampa area. I am a USF alumni (1978) **before USF had a sun dome or a football team
35.gif

To the gym tomorrow..for real... Great job everyone with your diets and workouts
36.gif
Will keep you posted.

Jeff
Hey Jeff, I am in Tampa!! Don''t know how long since you''re last vist, but boy, has the Tampa area ever grown. We, like most cities have gone Condo crazy (I just moved onto a brand new highrise on Bayshore Boulevard) and even the "Donald" is building Trump Tower, Tampa (only 52 stories tall) in Downtown, Tampa.

We''ll be happy to hear about your first gym date Jeff!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol TG you charlotte convert.

so dinner tonite is marinated grilled chicken and some of the alexia yummy baked oven rosemary and garlic fries. maybe an ice cream sandwich for dessert or something!

i marinated the chicken in a modified recipe i found on cooking light...using fresh minced rosemary and thyme, the juice of 2 squeezed limes, and about 2 tablespoons of a chardonnay herbed wine dijon mustard that i get at whole foods which is great for cooking. i mixed the ingredients together and then poured it over the chicken and it''s marinating in the fridge for the next few hours. but it smells yummy! i adapted it from this full meal recipe...but i was thinking hmm i have limes, fresh herbs and dijon in the fridge, what can i do with it! hehee.

Lemon Herbed Grilled Chicken, Corn on the Cob and Grilled Onions:

http://food.cookinglight.com/cooking/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=332575

I''ll let you guys know how the lime version of the chicken comes out! I left out the white wine and mixed up the herbs a bit. I like my chicken to have mucho flavor and I find that white wine many times waters down the recipe too much for my flavor-loving taste. Plus the tartness of the lime should be divine on the chicken and I love using fresh herbs on meats!

i''m working out as well tonite, yikes...this will be my 4th straight workout this week...which is kind of intense for me. then tomorrow i plan to do a gym thing on the treadmill, saturday is another workout and then sunday i think i might actually take off! hehe.

funny thing is that suddenly i notice that my arms are becoming way more defined, my shoulders are as well and the small of my back where it curves to meet my butt is more defined as well. small changes but important!! so i feel pretty pleased with myself this week....i really resisted the urge the other night to hit up Baskin Robbins (mmmm mint choco chip) and i threw out the artichoke dip last nite...hahaha.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2006 8:07:35 PM
Hee hee...not yet.
2.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2006 8:07:35 PM

so dinner tonite is marinated grilled chicken and some of the alexia yummy baked oven rosemary and garlic fries. maybe an ice cream sandwich for dessert or something!

i marinated the chicken in a modified recipe i found on cooking light...using fresh minced rosemary and thyme, the juice of 2 squeezed limes, and about 2 tablespoons of a chardonnay herbed wine dijon mustard that i get at whole foods which is great for cooking. i mixed the ingredients together and then poured it over the chicken and it''s marinating in the fridge for the next few hours. but it smells yummy! i adapted it from this full meal recipe...but i was thinking hmm i have limes, fresh herbs and dijon in the fridge, what can i do with it! hehee.

Lemon Herbed Grilled Chicken, Corn on the Cob and Grilled Onions:

http://food.cookinglight.com/cooking/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=332575

I''ll let you guys know how the lime version of the chicken comes out! I left out the white wine and mixed up the herbs a bit. I like my chicken to have mucho flavor and I find that white wine many times waters down the recipe too much for my flavor-loving taste. Plus the tartness of the lime should be divine on the chicken and I love using fresh herbs on meats!

i''m working out as well tonite, yikes...this will be my 4th straight workout this week...which is kind of intense for me. then tomorrow i plan to do a gym thing on the treadmill, saturday is another workout and then sunday i think i might actually take off! hehe.

funny thing is that suddenly i notice that my arms are becoming way more defined, my shoulders are as well and the small of my back where it curves to meet my butt is more defined as well. small changes but important!! so i feel pretty pleased with myself this week....i really resisted the urge the other night to hit up Baskin Robbins (mmmm mint choco chip) and i threw out the artichoke dip last nite...hahaha.
Good for you Mara. And when you begin seeing these positive changes, it tends to help you push a bit harder. Since you''re working out just about every night this week, seems you''ve found your MOJO!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
15.gif

Rubbish. My workout was utter doo doo today. Firstly I slipped off the stairmaster and hit my bare shin bone on the metal stair. I now have a huge swollen bruise with broken skin.

Not to be deterred even though I was hopping around in agony clutching my leg and whimpering, I tried the elliptical and then had pain in my hip of the banged up leg which made my eyes water.

Not good. Check in later after some Bengay and Tylenol.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry, Lorelei, you had such a bad workout today. I hope your leg feels better soon.

After taking off last night to recover from my run, I am going to try and run 5 miles today. Sunday I want to run 8 miles, and next week I''ll try the 13 again.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Lorelei, sorry you are hurting right now : ( Hope you feel better soon... and make sure you give that stair master a good yelling at when you see it again! Silly machines!

on another random note:

I FINALLY fit into the really nice, high quality business suit my mom gave me when I graduated college... the thing was too small at the time... and today, it really does fit for my big interview! WOOHOO!! okay, excitement over little things... maybe the interview will go as well as the suit fits??? Just being silly of course!

Aussiegirl : p

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/18/2006 3:52:47 AM
15.gif

Rubbish. My workout was utter doo doo today. Firstly I slipped off the stairmaster and hit my bare shin bone on the metal stair. I now have a huge swollen bruise with broken skin.

Not to be deterred even though I was hopping around in agony clutching my leg and whimpering, I tried the elliptical and then had pain in my hip of the banged up leg which made my eyes water.

Not good. Check in later after some Bengay and Tylenol.
So sorry Lorelei..........It is utterly frustrating to have a bad workout. Don''t let it get you down. We can''t all be on our game everytime we play. Instead, just take a little time to lick your wound, let it heal and return with even higher vigor. Promise us you won''t let this get you down, OK??!!

You take care my friend...........

So, isn''t today 21 days?? You''ve made it 3 whole weeks right!! That deserves some celebration. Tell your hubby you need to reward yourself in some grand way!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
....sniff....

my leg hurts and it is all swollen
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

Had to get some sympathy, lapping it up - thanks guys!

I won''t let it get me down, although I feel bitter and resentful at that stoopid machine for ruining my workout and my leg.

Yes almost 3 weeks with no cigarettes! Maybe a little treat will come my way if I look pathetic enough and hobble when I walk....
28.gif
Normally works if I can get him to feel sorry for me
41.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/18/2006 10:33:25 AM
....sniff....

39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

I won''t let it get me down, although I feel bitter and resentful at that stoopid machine for ruining my workout and my leg.

Yes almost 3 weeks with no cigarettes! Maybe a little treat will come my way if I look pathetic enough and hobble when I walk....
28.gif
41.gif
Unless hubby is a smoker, or has quit, he won''t know how incredibly difficult this ordeal is to go through. So, you need to help him out and just might have to blurt out what treat you''d like to have!! My ring was a "we''ve been together 25 years, I''ve quit smoking, started working out and gosh darn it I deserve it present!"
31.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/18/2006 10:38:08 AM

....sniff....

39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

28.gif
41.gif
Unless hubby is a smoker, or has quit, he won''t know how incredibly difficult this ordeal is to go through. So, you need to help him out and just might have to blurt out what treat you''d like to have!! My ring was a ''we''ve been together 25 years, I''ve quit smoking, started working out and gosh darn it I deserve it present!''
31.gif
I will have to put my thinking cap on
31.gif
He just quit too, using Zyban and patches so I have done very well with just my gum!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/18/2006 10:44:30 AM

Date: 8/18/2006 10:38:08 AM

....sniff....

39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

28.gif
41.gif
Unless hubby is a smoker, or has quit, he won''t know how incredibly difficult this ordeal is to go through. So, you need to help him out and just might have to blurt out what treat you''d like to have!! My ring was a ''we''ve been together 25 years, I''ve quit smoking, started working out and gosh darn it I deserve it present!''
31.gif
I will have to put my thinking cap on
31.gif
He just quit too, using Zyban and patches so I have done very well with just my gum!
Good for him. So, he deserves something special too!! I hope the Zyban and patches work for him. I tried them once, over the many times it took me to quit and they didn''t ultimately prove the right combination for me. Other''s have had great success with that combination though. Also, I don''t know about the UK, but here in the US, they just approved a new prescription (in pill form) that supposedly blocks the dopamine the brain produces when one smokes (which is why smokers feel pleasure each time they smoke). Without that ''good'' feeling the people who were in the trial group were much more likely to stop smoking. And supposedly, subjects in the trial reported a nauseous feeling if they smoked while using the drug. Not that you need it though. You''re doing fabulously with the gum. And you''re weaning yourself off the gum pretty quickly too. Very impressive Lorelei!!
36.gif
12.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww lorelei, sorry to hear you got hurt on the mean machines...those things can be brutal sometimes and not in a muscle burning way. i'm always paranoid about slipping on the treadmill and taking a chin knock or something, i had a friend that happened to...ow!! take some pain meds and nurse yourself on the couch with some sangria or something, hehe. maybe you guys can head out to dinner tonite to celebrate your 21 days and make yourself feel better?

so today's friday woo hoo!! i'm going to the gym today after some time in the office....it'll be my 5th workout of the week, yikes!! i'm pretty sore at this point...my legs feel kind of rubbery, so i think i may just do a non-hill program on the treadmill and keep the incline at about 4 and walk a little farther this time, aka 3.5 miles or something just to stretch the legs out rather than be conditioning them with the hill program. i feel like i just need a good long walk to stretch out my muscles.

i am thinking about what we should have for dinner. i wish there were more places you could go to eat out healthy. i was telling greg last nite we have not had indian food in forever, which we both love BUT i get the BUTTER CHICKEN, hello, not exactly healthy here. so i don't know if i feel like doing that tonite, BUT if i have a really great workout maybe it will be okay. tomorrow night my sister is staying over here with us so we were talking about getting burgers at this amazing local burger joint, saturdays are 1/2 price burgers and their fries are divine!! so i already know i'm going to be bad tomorrow night, so it'd be kinda good if i could be healthy tonite, but not sure WHAT. we already had sushi on wed night. maybe something like mediterranean? hmmm. greg is flexible and will eat anything so he's no help....hehee. oh maybe this local cajun/creole place that we get po boys at wouldn't be TOO bad. i could get the salad and we get this lightly cornmeal breaded shrimp that they pan fry. but then i always have to get the bread pudding. hmmm. hehee. decisions decisions!! all i know is i want some good food!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw Lorelei...I hope your leg gets better. You need some extra fun this weekend for both that and to celebrate 3 weeks with no cigs!

If I work out today, I''m on my 5th workout this week too. I''m with you Mara, my body feels a bit wonky so I am resting up this weekend. But my scale hit 135 for the first time in looooong time. Granted, it was 135.9, but hey, even for a minute, it cracked it! So it looks like I''ve lost another pound this week. My goal is somewhere in the low 130''s before my wedding, which is 7 weeks away. My ultimate goal is to get back down to 125.

This weekend we have a steak dinner scheduled. I''m actually looking forward to it. My plan is to have the 6 oz filet (the smallest they have) and a tomato basil mozzarella salad. It''s a splurge, but it could be a lot worse!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the sympathy guys! Ouch Mara - a chin knock, your poor friend
32.gif
What a terrible thing to happen.

I HAVE A PRESENT!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Hubby and I thought we would treat ourselves to an elliptical as we have quit smoking and we found a great one online HALF PRICE! So we have ordered it and plan to also get a treadmill and a multi gym which we can set up in one of our outbuildings and turn it into our own little gym! Hubby is doing weights at the moment and misses his cardio, but going to the gym twice a day is a bit much, so if we invest in everything we need at home - Bob is your uncle as the saying goes!
9.gif

So this weekend we will be setting up the building ready for action!

My leg hurts more now, but I suppose that is to be expected. I will do that Mara, settle down with some pain meds and take it easy for a change, not that i am very good at that, but I will try!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results