shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 14 Aug to 20 Aug

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning to all!

Another new week, where does the time go??? Anyway I hope you are all doing well and that your cold is easing Mara.

Had a good workout this morning and had a cereal bar before I went which helped - thanks Rod! Not much else to report so far, but I have now been smoke free for 17 days - way kewl as Storm would say
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
It is getting easier and I am down to 2 or 3 pieces of gum only and hope to be off it at the end of the week!

Have a great week everyone!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW Jeff, is this the week you join the gym? You can do it!
36.gif
36.gif

Rod what is homemade Russian dressing please?
34.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei- that''s so awesome that with each day it''s getting easier for you!

well i just got back from the gym. i went 7 minutes running. that''s up from 5. yipee! i know, it''s just small steps...
after i wanted to quit and do weights. but, instead, i trucked it out for a total of 30 mins. on the treadie. i even did 12 incline at 4.3 speed for a good chunk of that time.

and-silly i know- i got to wear my "skinny me" outfit to the gym. i haven''t worn one of those outfits in months!! so that was motivating!

how''s everyone else doing??
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skinny - Me outfits are a great motivator Jcrow
36.gif
36.gif
Also 2 extra mins on the treadmill is real progress!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks! i thought so too until i saw that jesterjigger ran 3 miles! that''s awesome! i wonder how longs it takes to run that many miles.
maybe i can run 10 minutes tomorrow. hopefully i wont''t be too sore. i am noticing a change in my body already which is good! i must keep this up!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
jcrow you crack me up girl, you are so tiny and fit already and you are all 'i wore my skinny outfit' hehehe....!! i think one of my legs would fit in your regular or skinny outfits!
5.gif

so here's a question for you guys. it's been about a month and a half since i stepped it up with the workouts, extra workouts, extra walking, at this point i am doing kbox about 4x a week and then walking 2-3miles on the days that i am not doing kbox...i may have slacked a little on the eating super well thing but nothing horrendous during the week really. weekends are still the way they always have been. and i STILL have not lost 1 lb since may. i am still at 150 lbs. which i know isn't like a huge deal, but why am i not actually losing any weight? i was doing the calorie counting pretty religiously for a while and i was always at about 1500-1600 calories for the weekdays and then burning about 200-300 a day as well. so what gives? i'm 5'8ish so it's not like i am short, i am in the regular/normal weight range for my height and according to the online websites, my BMI is like 22 which is right in the middle of the zone. i know i am healthy, i can feel my body and lungs getting stronger with how much easier my workouts have become and how much 'further' i can push, and i feel good about working out. i'm a REALLY strong girl in general, so i wonder if i am just continuing to build muscle instead of trying to lose fat. BUT i swear that my body is thinner in all the right places, especially top of the hips and my legs and arms are smaller too. if i had to say i had to lose something somewhere visually, it would be my stomach/midsection. but it's not like i feel like i am carrying tons of weight. i have good arm and leg definition of muscle and my collarbones protrude as well, in terms of padding, i don't feel like i have much going on. am i just destined to continue to be a strong girl and not really lose any weight? which is fine but it's just curious. i feel a little discouraged. especially since when i started this originally about what...9 months ago? i was only working out like 1x a week and walking about 3x a week. so i'm doing WAY more cardio now, so why haven't i seen a scale change.

any suggestions from the peanut gallery?? i am going to redouble my efforts on the food thing...maybe the slipping has really cost me more than i thought, but i am not gaining any weight, i'm fluctuating between 148-151 every time i weigh myself. the few lbs difference for me is just water weight or bloating or whatever. i would love to lose like 10lbs to be around 140 but that's it. anyway it's just curious, especially considering (and i know this is a horrible comparison) that my 15 year old sister is about 5'6" and she weighs 109. sure she's a tall gangly girl, but i feel like a hippo next to her! and yes i know she's 15 and at her age i think i looked and weighed about the same, but man!! hehehe.

anyhow on a PLUS note, i definitely do feel like progress has been made in general and i did not lose much ground, if any, on the palm springs trip, i think the working out helped us.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bet you have gained muscle Mara and that is why you weigh the same but ARE thinner! I have a formula for calculating your daily calorie requirements so you can see what you need to maintain your weight or to lose it, let me know if you would like me to post it. 150 pounds is about 10 stone 10 pounds? I would think it is a great weight for your height, but I know it is frustrating to want to lose a bit more and work hard and it doesn't happen. Maybe the calorie formula might be useful to see more accurately what you need to eat to maintain and lose?

I will post it anyway and then it is there if you want it. Back in a sec.

Here we go.

Women: body weight ( pounds) x 21 divided by 2.2

This will give you the calories you need to maintain the weight you are at, so you can work out from that where to cut back to lose. I think you need to burn 3,500 calories to lose one pound of weight, so that might help. I would be hopping mad if that was me as it seems so unfair to do all that work and not get any loss on the scales, but I bet that is what has happened and you have gained muscle. The calories you are eating don't sound high at all. What a pain...
39.gif

Also as you are at a good weight anyway it is always harder to lose a couple of pounds when you don't have hardly any weight to lose.

ETA - the figures from the formula give you the approximate amount of calories you need to supply basic body functions, doesn't include the actual amount you need for daily activity, just to stay alive basically, so really you are burning up much more than you think.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
mara- i definitely think you are losing what you need to lose and gaining what you need to gain- fat/muscle. you really can''t go by the scale, in my opinion. for instance- i weighed myself when i hadn''t done a thing work-out wise for months and i had not been careful about eating. i weighed the same dang thing as i did when i was a senior in high school and was doing dancing a couple of hours or more 5 nights a week. HOW is that possible when i certainly didn''t fit into the same clothes? fat/muscle ratio. muscle weighs more than fat. i was losing muscle gaining fat! so if you aren''t seeing a difference on the scale but you are in terms of how you look physically, that could easily be what''s happening- you are gaining muscle and shedding fat! you''re winning.

but, if you feel the need, definitely challenge yourself with a mix up of routine - either a different one or a harder one.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/14/2006 6:26:28 AM
Author: Lorelei
36.gif
36.gif

34.gif
It''s good, honest and so so simple. Take mayonnaise and mix in ketchup until it''s a nice pinkish color. About 2/3rd mayo to 1/3 ketchup. Really. That''s all it is. In essence, it''s Thousand Island without relish (I don''t care for relish too much). I don''t know about England, but it''s laughable how many high end steak houses in the States sell a salad of a lettuce wedge (nothing more than 1/2 of an iceberg lettuce) with either blue cheese or russian dressing and sell it for $7.00. The reality is the ingredients cost them like $.12 cents, but people buy it all the time. Me, I make it at home for pennies and make my own russian dressing with the Mayo and Ketchup. Try it, you''ll like it. Also, it''s a great dip for raw cauliflower or cut up veggies.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/14/2006 10:54:16 AM
Author: Mara
jcrow you crack me up girl, you are so tiny and fit already and you are all ''i wore my skinny outfit'' hehehe....!! i think one of my legs would fit in your regular or skinny outfits!
5.gif

so here''s a question for you guys. it''s been about a month and a half since i stepped it up with the workouts, extra workouts, extra walking, at this point i am doing kbox about 4x a week and then walking 2-3miles on the days that i am not doing kbox...i may have slacked a little on the eating super well thing but nothing horrendous during the week really. weekends are still the way they always have been. and i STILL have not lost 1 lb since may. i am still at 150 lbs. which i know isn''t like a huge deal, but why am i not actually losing any weight? i was doing the calorie counting pretty religiously for a while and i was always at about 1500-1600 calories for the weekdays and then burning about 200-300 a day as well. so what gives? i''m 5''8ish so it''s not like i am short, i am in the regular/normal weight range for my height and according to the online websites, my BMI is like 22 which is right in the middle of the zone. i know i am healthy, i can feel my body and lungs getting stronger with how much easier my workouts have become and how much ''further'' i can push, and i feel good about working out. i''m a REALLY strong girl in general, so i wonder if i am just continuing to build muscle instead of trying to lose fat. BUT i swear that my body is thinner in all the right places, especially top of the hips and my legs and arms are smaller too. if i had to say i had to lose something somewhere visually, it would be my stomach/midsection. but it''s not like i feel like i am carrying tons of weight. i have good arm and leg definition of muscle and my collarbones protrude as well, in terms of padding, i don''t feel like i have much going on. am i just destined to continue to be a strong girl and not really lose any weight? which is fine but it''s just curious. i feel a little discouraged. especially since when i started this originally about what...9 months ago? i was only working out like 1x a week and walking about 3x a week. so i''m doing WAY more cardio now, so why haven''t i seen a scale change.

any suggestions from the peanut gallery?? i am going to redouble my efforts on the food thing...maybe the slipping has really cost me more than i thought, but i am not gaining any weight, i''m fluctuating between 148-151 every time i weigh myself. the few lbs difference for me is just water weight or bloating or whatever. i would love to lose like 10lbs to be around 140 but that''s it. anyway it''s just curious, especially considering (and i know this is a horrible comparison) that my 15 year old sister is about 5''6'' and she weighs 109. sure she''s a tall gangly girl, but i feel like a hippo next to her! and yes i know she''s 15 and at her age i think i looked and weighed about the same, but man!! hehehe.

anyhow on a PLUS note, i definitely do feel like progress has been made in general and i did not lose much ground, if any, on the palm springs trip, i think the working out helped us.
Two things come to mind Mara:

1. You''ve hit ''the'' plateau that is common. Your metabolism is fighting you very hard. It''s trying to ensure you have fat to get you through something unforseen and is pretty common in active people, who are also trying to lose weight. I would increase your intake of food, not decrease it. Eat smaller meals but more often.

2. You''re likely losing body fat, but gaining muscle. This is a good thing, but can be very discouraging when you get on the scale. Muscle weighs much more than fat. And from what you''ve written about your activities it would seem logical that you are doing really good things with your body. The scale may not show it, but the next time you''re at the gym, get one of the trainers to measure your body fat for you. I''ll be it''s lower than you imagined.

Don''t be discouraged. You''re making great progress, don''t give up!!!

Your friend.........Rod

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2006 11:43:20 AM
Author: Rod

36.gif
36.gif

34.gif
It''s good, honest and so so simple. Take mayonnaise and mix in ketchup until it''s a nice pinkish color. About 2/3rd mayo to 1/3 ketchup. Really. That''s all it is. In essence, it''s Thousand Island without relish (I don''t care for relish too much). I don''t know about England, but it''s laughable how many high end steak houses in the States sell a salad of a lettuce wedge (nothing more than 1/2 of an iceberg lettuce) with either blue cheese or russian dressing and sell it for $7.00. The reality is the ingredients cost them like $.12 cents, but people buy it all the time. Me, I make it at home for pennies and make my own russian dressing with the Mayo and Ketchup. Try it, you''ll like it. Also, it''s a great dip for raw cauliflower or cut up veggies.
ha! reminds me of my boiled crawfish homemade dip! 1 part ketchup to 2/3 mayo to 1/3 mustard. mum. yummy!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/14/2006 11:53:43 AM
Author: jcrow

36.gif
36.gif

34.gif
ha! reminds me of my boiled crawfish homemade dip! 1 part ketchup to 2/3 mayo to 1/3 mustard. mum. yummy!
next time you make that, add a bit of Old Bay Seasoning to your dip. Yummm!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2006 11:55:51 AM

36.gif
36.gif

34.gif
It's good, honest and so so simple. Take mayonnaise and mix in ketchup until it's a nice pinkish color. About 2/3rd mayo to 1/3 ketchup. Really. That's all it is. In essence, it's Thousand Island without relish (I don't care for relish too much). I don't know about England, but it's laughable how many high end steak houses in the States sell a salad of a lettuce wedge (nothing more than 1/2 of an iceberg lettuce) with either blue cheese or russian dressing and sell it for $7.00. The reality is the ingredients cost them like $.12 cents, but people buy it all the time. Me, I make it at home for pennies and make my own russian dressing with the Mayo and Ketchup. Try it, you'll like it. Also, it's a great dip for raw cauliflower or cut up veggies.
oh - and the dip is fab for things like fried shrimp or french fries. so bad- i know!

eta: does tony chachere's work? lots of people throw that into mixes to spice it up.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/14/2006 11:57:15 AM

Date: 8/14/2006 11:55:51 AM

36.gif
36.gif

34.gif
oh - and the dip is fab for things like fried shrimp or french fries. so bad- i know!

eta: does tony chachere''s work? lots of people throw that into mixes to spice it up.
it does, but I was born and raised on Maryland''s Chesappeake Bay and Old Bay seasoning is a way of life for us crab people!! we use Old Bay in just about anything!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the receep Rod
9.gif
I will have to try it
18.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
rod- ha! that''s like our tony''s!

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I ran my 8.5 miles in the park yesterday and felt pretty good. I actually probably ran closer to 8 miles because I stopped running and started walking a bit at the end to cool down. I was passing some slower runners after running about 5 or 6 miles and it felt good to be able to do that after putting some miles in. I think I''m getting in good shape for this race. Today I might rest because my legs are sore, or just do a short 3 mile run. Tomorrow I''ll do a 3 or 5 mile run then Wednesday is another long, long run day. I want to try and run 13 miles to see if I can do it. I have a feeling I can, but I just want to make sure.

I hope everyone has a great workout week!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
it is a little frustrating..i mean on one hand it''s not like i feel like i have to lose a ton of weight. i''d be jazzed with 10 lbs. i''ve been about 140-160 for the last 10 years basically. 150 is an okay place to be. especially with my height. BUT with how much i have been doing i''m just surprised that nothing seems to have changed. i do know that i am building more muscle, when i view myself naked in the mirror, there''s hardly any jiggling and my legs look longer and stronger and yes the clothes are fitting differently and i managed to fit into my ''skinny jeans'' from like 3 years ago when i was thinner etc. but i just feel like DAMN why isn''t the scale showing anything at all?

in any case i''m not going to stop or scale back or anything...but i don''t feel like i can really do too much more than i am doing now without really letting this whole thing ''consume'' me...i feel like realistically 4x a week kickboxing for an hour and then walking the other days is a good place to be, and should be showing me some changes. i am going to try to add 1-2x in at my local gym to do the hill program on the treadmill since i think that is helping me more than the flat walks around the park, so maybe that will mix it up a bit for my butt and thighs...but come on body! work with me here! i don''t want to be doing 2hours at the gym daily or anything to lose 10lbs. yanno?

and rod, i feel like i am eating enough....my average weekday looks like this:
--breakfast is almost always a high protein, high fiber cereal (i mix different cereals together for taste variety) OR a high fiber kashi heartsmart oatmeal; coffee with 1% milk and about 3 teaspoons of sugar
--lunch is usually something like a lean cuisine; or egg whites scrambled with some cheese in a tortilla; or a tuna sandwich; or a salad from whole foods
--snack between lunch (around 1pm) and dinner (around 8pm typically) is usually a nectarine or apple; handful of almonds; kashi granola bar or similar. on days i don''t work out i typically only have one snack but on days i work out i try to have 2 snacks because i feel like i need the extra fuel for the workout
--dinner...this can vary...but if i work out that day i feel okay about having a chicken burrito (with cheese as the only additive); or we''ll have chicken and veggies; or chicken and some of those baked potato fries; or fish and edamame; or sushi or something.

so in reality i feel like i am eating ''enough'' and i feel full, if i am hungry, i do eat a snack. so i feel like gosh i doubt i need to eat MORE calories?!?!?! maybe i will ask the gym people to test my body fat. but i''d be so bummed if it was high AND i still was 150. though i DO know that there have been body changes. i am happy visually for the most part, but the scale is just such an evil thing.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

Missed y''all last week...was in Washington DC on a business trip and did pretty well considering it was quite the shindig and the food and booze were-a-flowin''! I did drink a couple of drinks a night...I filled in a lot of club soda and lime so my mouth was always "busy". Even managed 3 workouts while I was on the road, although not as long as I would have liked.

Coda, good job on that run...glad to hear it is going well!

I have to step up my workouts. Mara, I totally understand what you are going through. I am at a bit of a loss as to how to get the weight to come off faster than it is. 3 years ago I came back from Europe and adapted the "European way of life", i.e. small portions of whatever I wanted, and lots of walking. I dropped weight faster than I could believe. I came back at 135 lbs, which was already a drop of 10 lbs in Europe. Then within about 2.5 months, I was down to 120 lbs. I honestly don''t know how it happened...it was not a conscious effort!

Now I am being very conscious about everything, and it looks like about a pound a week, which seems right. However, it sure seems SO much harder to get it off. And this last week, even though I did my best to not go hog wild, it looks like I have gained a pound. Ugh.

Getting older sucks!
29.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/14/2006 12:57:28 PM
it is a little frustrating..i mean on one hand it''s not like i feel like i have to lose a ton of weight. i''d be jazzed with 10 lbs. i''ve been about 140-160 for the last 10 years basically. 150 is an okay place to be. especially with my height. BUT with how much i have been doing i''m just surprised that nothing seems to have changed. i do know that i am building more muscle, when i view myself naked in the mirror, there''s hardly any jiggling and my legs look longer and stronger and yes the clothes are fitting differently and i managed to fit into my ''skinny jeans'' from like 3 years ago when i was thinner etc. but i just feel like DAMN why isn''t the scale showing anything at all?

in any case i''m not going to stop or scale back or anything...but i don''t feel like i can really do too much more than i am doing now without really letting this whole thing ''consume'' me...i feel like realistically 4x a week kickboxing for an hour and then walking the other days is a good place to be, and should be showing me some changes. i am going to try to add 1-2x in at my local gym to do the hill program on the treadmill since i think that is helping me more than the flat walks around the park, so maybe that will mix it up a bit for my butt and thighs...but come on body! work with me here! i don''t want to be doing 2hours at the gym daily or anything to lose 10lbs. yanno?

and rod, i feel like i am eating enough....my average weekday looks like this:
--breakfast is almost always a high protein, high fiber cereal (i mix different cereals together for taste variety) OR a high fiber kashi heartsmart oatmeal; coffee with 1% milk and about 3 teaspoons of sugar
--lunch is usually something like a lean cuisine; or egg whites scrambled with some cheese in a tortilla; or a tuna sandwich; or a salad from whole foods
--snack between lunch (around 1pm) and dinner (around 8pm typically) is usually a nectarine or apple; handful of almonds; kashi granola bar or similar. on days i don''t work out i typically only have one snack but on days i work out i try to have 2 snacks because i feel like i need the extra fuel for the workout
--dinner...this can vary...but if i work out that day i feel okay about having a chicken burrito (with cheese as the only additive); or we''ll have chicken and veggies; or chicken and some of those baked potato fries; or fish and edamame; or sushi or something.

so in reality i feel like i am eating ''enough'' and i feel full, if i am hungry, i do eat a snack. so i feel like gosh i doubt i need to eat MORE calories?!?!?! maybe i will ask the gym people to test my body fat. but i''d be so bummed if it was high AND i still was 150. though i DO know that there have been body changes. i am happy visually for the most part, but the scale is just such an evil thing.
you said a mouthfull there......couldn''t agree more. For me, having my body fat measured has really helped me a lot. When I started, by body fat was nearly 30%. Today, it''s below 17%. And, while I have put on a couple of pounds in the last few weeks, I know it''s muscle, not fat because my clothes actually are looser, not tighter.

I know how discouraging it can be to work hard, eat right, get good rest, drink the right fluids, limit one''s caloric intake, and get on the scale and see no weight loss whatsoever. But, you said it best.........''the scale is just such an evil thing.'' Don''t let your scale get in the way of all the good your doing for your body!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/14/2006 1:10:33 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Hi everyone!

Missed y''all last week...was in Washington DC on a business trip and did pretty well considering it was quite the shindig and the food and booze were-a-flowin''! I did drink a couple of drinks a night...I filled in a lot of club soda and lime so my mouth was always ''busy''. Even managed 3 workouts while I was on the road, although not as long as I would have liked.

Coda, good job on that run...glad to hear it is going well!

I have to step up my workouts. Mara, I totally understand what you are going through. I am at a bit of a loss as to how to get the weight to come off faster than it is. 3 years ago I came back from Europe and adapted the ''European way of life'', i.e. small portions of whatever I wanted, and lots of walking. I dropped weight faster than I could believe. I came back at 135 lbs, which was already a drop of 10 lbs in Europe. Then within about 2.5 months, I was down to 120 lbs. I honestly don''t know how it happened...it was not a conscious effort!

Now I am being very conscious about everything, and it looks like about a pound a week, which seems right. However, it sure seems SO much harder to get it off. And this last week, even though I did my best to not go hog wild, it looks like I have gained a pound. Ugh.

Getting older sucks!
29.gif
LOL.......Just wait until you get in your 50''s like me
39.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh i know rod, i hardly ever weigh myself for this very reason. but lately i have been just kind of stewing on it...like why isn''t anything happening? even though i know it is happening. just not visible on the limited scale measurements. i do measurements as well and my waist is smaller, hips are slightly smaller etc.

anyway, no biggie....i know what i am doing is right and i feel great about the changes.

TG i feel your pain girl!!! hehehe maybe i should just eat only cheese and wine and bread, the european way.
2.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still weigh myself every morning, even though I know it's an act in futility. Like this weekend. I ate the right foods. I worked out both Saturday and Sunday nearly 6 hours between the two days. I ran 3 miles and this morning, I weighed a pound more than I did yesterday morning. Like you said.......the scale is an evil thing .... indeed......
29.gif

ps: I finally made an appointment to have my ring resized. I'll be dropping it off Wednesday and they promised to have it ready Saturday afternoon. I had debated and debated doing this, but now it's gotten loose on even my middle finger, yet again demonstrating that I lose fat, while gaining muscle weight. At least now the ring will finally be fit to the finger it was intended to be worn on.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2006 1:32:43 PM
oh i know rod, i hardly ever weigh myself for this very reason. but lately i have been just kind of stewing on it...like why isn''t anything happening? even though i know it is happening. just not visible on the limited scale measurements. i do measurements as well and my waist is smaller, hips are slightly smaller etc.

anyway, no biggie....i know what i am doing is right and i feel great about the changes.

TG i feel your pain girl!!! hehehe maybe i should just eat only cheese and wine and bread, the european way.
2.gif
Rod, no kidding...I feel a huge dive in my metabolism in the last 3 years. My mom is 66 and still works out and worries about her her weight (she''s tiny). The desire to be healthy and look good never goes away, but it does get harder to maintain.

Mara, I know! The freaky thing was I was in Europe for 4 months and ate steaks, bread, cheese and tons of wine and beer. I honestly thought my jeans were getting looser because they have stretch in them and I was stretching them out with my gut. Imagine my shock when I came home to discover I had lost 10 pounds. I must have been doing SOMETHING right. My guess is that it was because I was eating frequently throughout the day in smaller portions and all that walking.

Hm...what shall we do to step up our workouts? Maybe we can make a pact to do two, 2 hour workouts a week (in addition to the walking, etc that we do now)?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
TG right now i am doing kboxing for 1 hour 4x a week and then i doing walking on the days off with friday off entirely.

i think i am going to step it up by going to the gym on tues and fridays, the days i don''t do kbox, and doing the treadmill there on the ''hill'' setting for 45 minutes so that i can get more of a burn going. then doing some weights and stuff those days as well. so instead of just doing the flat park walking on that tues and fridays...i''ll be doing more than typically. in terms of kickboxing, i honestly can''t do more than i am doing now, the class drains me....i typically take P for a walk in the mornings so maybe a longer walk those days? then on sunday we do our neighborhood 1-3m walk depending on how we feel.

seriously though i feel like, isn''t that ENOUGH?? i mean gosh i am working out like 6 days a week whereas it used to be one or two days MAYBE. i sooooo am not one of those people who can do 3 hours at the gym, or even 2 hours. i get so bored. i like quick, intense workouts typically, except for walking.
40.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just want to throw in an aside....Mara, you and your POM tea...I want to POMmel you!!! Of course it was on sale at the grocery so I thought what the heck, lemme try it, I highly doubt I'll like it. Oh no. Of course it had to be SOOOOO GOOD. Ugh. Another monkey on my back.
2.gif
I tried the Pomegranate Blackberry tea. I didn't venture out to the other flavors after loving that one. Damn. At least I'm getting pomegranate juice. I can't stand eating them, though my DH loves them.

Do they come in any other form except the fancy glasses that you can reuse as drinking glasses??

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HA HA FG...I have managed to wean myself off of them lately as they have not been on sale at the store in the last few weeks!! But I was drinking them pretty regularly for a while. I just love them! No they don''t come in anything other than the reusable glasses (which actually make great water glasses for work etc), but regular POMWonderful comes in these plastic containers, but that is full on pomegranate juice, not the tea. I like the tea version better as it is lighter and it still has great properties in it, maybe soon they will come out with big jugs of the pomtea in plastic containers which would be more cost effective for sure. My fave is the green tea one...so I get Green Tea and Pomegranate positives. Pom has wonderful antioxidants and yes who wants to actually go through the hassle of eating the fruits?!?! Just drink the tea!!
9.gif

I love being a PS enabler!
27.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,
My week is starting off well. I worked out this morning, went for a jog outside. As usual, much harder than on the treadmill. I can barely run/jog 2 minutes straight when outside. But I went a total of 20 minutes which I was happy about. Tonight, I''m going to do some at home exercises to supplement.

Glad to hear everyone is keeping up w/the workouts. How you guys stay so motivated is unbelievable to me. I''m hoping that will rub off this week and I will meet my 4 day goal. I watched Celebrity Fit Club last night and was really impressed w/their accomplishments so..... here I go again.
Btw, anyone read the Fat Smash Diet book by the dietician on the show? Just curious what the detox portion is.

Anyway, I agree that the scale is awful. I did go down in body fat percentage last time I weighed myself but the weight was higher. Yuck! I really do try to stay away from it b/c it''s generally disappointing. I have quite a bit of weight to lose so I wish the numbers would dwindle down, at least on a steady, regular basis. Of course, I''m not quite consistent w/my workouts and eating so I can''t argue too much.
Mara, I just think that the closer you become to your goal weight and the healthier you are, the harder it is to lose weight. I know it''s so hard but try not to focus on the scale and instead, you know you''ve lost b/c you can see it and *that* is what counts the most.

Well, I better go fill up my water bottle!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Wooops, I forgot to say:

Congrats Lorelei! You are doing so well! Great job!
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2006 2:28:11 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I just want to throw in an aside....Mara, you and your POM tea...I want to POMmel you!!! Of course it was on sale at the grocery so I thought what the heck, lemme try it, I highly doubt I''ll like it. Oh no. Of course it had to be SOOOOO GOOD. Ugh. Another monkey on my back.
2.gif
I tried the Pomegranate Blackberry tea. I didn''t venture out to the other flavors after loving that one. Damn. At least I''m getting pomegranate juice. I can''t stand eating them, though my DH loves them.

Do they come in any other form except the fancy glasses that you can reuse as drinking glasses??
totally not healthy, but pom related-- i mixed ginger ale with vodka and splash of pom juice- fab drink!! you could also do sprite instead of ginger ale.

ok- back to healthy talk now.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results