shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 14 Aug to 20 Aug

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Rod!
35.gif

Ditto the brown rice diet, I hate brown rice - tried it again recently and it was as bad as I remember, but I hope you both get on well with it, it might just be my tastebuds!
14.gif

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, okay I think you brown rice and vegetable people are crazy!
31.gif
Not that I don't like these foods, but as all you can eat for week? I guess I just don't have the ovaries to make me capable of such serious and strict diets.....
14.gif
Good luck to you - I'll not mention juicy steaks, or even a glass of milk... or ICE CREAM for that week you decide to try it!
41.gif

My workout with a personal trainer was awesome last night(Rod I see how this becomes your favorite hour of the week)! I am really, really sore though this morning, so I think today is a day off. I'll get in a doggie walk, but other than that, my muscles are saying ouch-no more! But she was really creative, helped figure out alternative ways of doing exercises, and most of all was oober-motivating! Yippee! Now the expense is not so exciting... but worth it!

back to work!

Aussiegirl : p

Edited: because my brain is STUPID and I ended up typing "guess I just have the ovaries..." HAH Aussie can't remember what body parts she's missing... does that show how tired I am
????

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/16/2006 10:26:12 AM
Author: Lorelei
Thanks Rod!
35.gif

Ditto the brown rice diet, I hate brown rice - tried it again recently and it was as bad as I remember, but I hope you both get on well with it, it might just be my tastebuds!
14.gif
Does Fried Rice, which too is brown, count as brown rice? I could totally handle that!! LOL

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/16/2006 11:01:55 AM
Author: Rod

Date: 8/16/2006 10:26:12 AM
Thanks Rod!
35.gif

14.gif
Does Fried Rice, which too is brown, count as brown rice? I could totally handle that!! LOL

Ooo now you''re talking. hey it''s got SOY sauce in it too right? hehe

Yeah I''m not guessing I will make it very far on this diet thing but I''ll give it a try. The fruits and veggies will be a snap but no breads or meats? I think I might not last very long without that....

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/16/2006 10:55:23 AM
Author: aussiegirl23
Yeah, okay I think you brown rice and vegetable people are crazy!
31.gif
Not that I don''t like these foods, but as all you can eat for week? I guess I just don''t have the ovaries to make me capable of such serious and strict diets.....
14.gif
Good luck to you - I''ll not mention juicy steaks, or even a glass of milk... or ICE CREAM for that week you decide to try it!
41.gif

My workout with a personal trainer was awesome last night(Rod I see how this becomes your favorite hour of the week)! I am really, really sore though this morning, so I think today is a day off. I''ll get in a doggie walk, but other than that, my muscles are saying ouch-no more! But she was really creative, helped figure out alternative ways of doing exercises, and most of all was oober-motivating! Yippee! Now the expense is not so exciting... but worth it!

back to work!

Aussiegirl : p

Edited: because my brain is STUPID and I ended up typing ''guess I just have the ovaries...'' HAH Aussie can''t remember what body parts she''s missing... does that show how tired I am
????
Really glad to hear that having a session with the trainer was good!! What I learned was that I don''t know enough and having a professional work with you, elevates your sessions and helps you get to a level you just could not get to on your own. I see some people wander around the gym with magazines and books in their hands, trying to figure out how to do this or that. Not that they don''t deserve credit for trying, but if you have to look at a picture to know how to use a machine, chances are you won''t use it to it''s full potential for your body.

Sorry, don''t mean to rant here...........

Anyway.........Good to hear you found the session a benefit. I can''t wait until Saturday, when we have our trainer. He makes us the most satisfyingly exhausted and I love it!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
well it did say you could fry the brown rice in some olive oil (1 tsp?) and then also you could have things like miso and soy (sauce) etc. so i guess you COULD make fried rice with veggies if you wanted!

we don''t eat much bread or anything at all at home...and yes we eat a ton of meat, which is why it will be interesting to see what my body does without the meat. i''m not a huge brown rice fan but i do love jasmine rice and basmati.

i figure for FIVE DAYS anything is possible. plus if i can still have my kashi in the mornings, then it won''t be so bad for 2 meals a day. i hope.
9.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I really blew it at lunch today. Today we drove from Tampa to Clearwater where our jeweler is to have my ring resized. Get this, after losing 50 pounds, my ring size has gone from 10 1/2 to 9 1/4. Anyway, there''s a ''Fatburger'' on the way back from Clearwater. There are a lot of them in California, but not too many in FL. So, we stopped there and I had a turkey burger, with cheese, mayo, lettuc and tomatoe, plus fries. So Yummmy. I can''t believe I went so far off course, but man, was it ever good.

I''ll do extra on the elliptical tonight as pennance for my gastromic sin, but it was pretty satisfying. Hmmmmmmm, I probably gained weight from this one lunch. Maybe, I should have had my ring sized to 9 1/2. Hmmmmmmm.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2006 1:47:38 PM
Well, I really blew it at lunch today. Today we drove from Tampa to Clearwater where our jeweler is to have my ring resized. Get this, after losing 50 pounds, my ring size has gone from 10 1/2 to 9 1/4. Anyway, there''s a ''Fatburger'' on the way back from Clearwater. There are a lot of them in California, but not too many in FL. So, we stopped there and I had a turkey burger, with cheese, mayo, lettuc and tomatoe, plus fries. So Yummmy. I can''t believe I went so far off course, but man, was it ever good.

I''ll do extra on the elliptical tonight as pennance for my gastromic sin, but it was pretty satisfying. Hmmmmmmm, I probably gained weight from this one lunch. Maybe, I should have had my ring sized to 9 1/2. Hmmmmmmm.
i''m curious, for those who eat healthy do you get a not so good feeling after you splurge on something that''s not so good for you and that you hadn''t eaten in a very long time?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/16/2006 1:54:28 PM
Author: jcrow

Date: 8/16/2006 1:47:38 PM

i''m curious, for those who eat healthy do you get a not so good feeling after you splurge on something that''s not so good for you and that you hadn''t eaten in a very long time?
Well, I can say that I feel guilty for my Fatburger lunch. I did enjoy it, but I honestly wish I hadn''t splurged. I haven''t eaten anything remotely like a burger and fries in over 10 months. So, I guess I do feel badly about what I did.

On a plus note, when I was at my jeweler''s they we in the process of setting an amazing 4 carat spectacular round diamond in a new custom platinum setting. It made my little 1.12 carat stone look so small. The stone was GIA graded and was graded Excellent. It was so pretty.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i guess i meant that your tummy didn''t feel well because you hadn''t eaten something like this in so long
5.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
rod at least you had the turkey burger!!! was it turkey breast? that''s like 99% fat free. so really it was just the FRIES...hehee.

but you deserve it. life isn''t worth living if you can''t have a yummy splurge sometimes, honestly! food is so yummy. hehee.

jcrow, it depends on what we eat. if it''s freshly prepared stuff like an in n''out burger (which is basically the healthiest kinda ''burger'' you can have for yourself if you get it without their special sauce, it''s pretty darn healthy even with cheese) and their freshly made fries then we don''t feel sickly at all, but eating something like mcdonalds or kfc totally gets my stomach all upset. i LOVE carls jr''s burgers but i always get super sick (aka run to the bathroom sick) after eating them, which makes me go HMM. i mean what''s in it, you wonder.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jcrow.........it's only been a little over an hour since I had lunch and my stomach isn't grumbling with me, but my mind is! For a fastfood place, everything is made to order. They don't have burgers waiting for you. They actually refer to fastfood places who do have burgers waiting as Psychic Burger Joints - Meaning they made it before you ordered it! They take a fresh turkey patty from the fridge and grill it fresh when you order it. The fries are made to order too, but I'm sure they are as fattening as fries regardless of whether they were ready or not.

Thanks Mara. According to their website, it's just a burger made with fresh lean ground turkey. They don't list calories for any of their foods. I thought most fastfood chains were required to post nutrtional values? The burger is also made on a whole wheat bun, which is good. But, I sure didn't need the french fries, even though I left none on my plate
11.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/16/2006 1:49:02 AM
Author: Mara

i
cinderella, did you get the FREE shoes?? i have mine but i haven''t really worn them!! i got a 1/2 size larger than i typically wear and my left foot is larger than my right and the right feels perfect but the left just feels a wee bit tight. however my toe is not pushing against the front of the shoe or anything, i am thinking maybe i just need to get used to the tight feel of the shoe? did you notice this too? i also saw how there are 2 inserts you can use for the shoe...did you do this? do you wear socks with yours? anyway i got them last week and i haven''t used them at all, i keep thinking i should but i want to ''break them in'' but then i always forget until i am heading off to work out. anyway...let me know how you like yours. did you get a cool color? mine are the pink and brown..i love them but i saw on the box that they had a sweet silvery blue that i would have LOVED but they didn''t have that one at nordstrom. anyway...report back re: shoes if you would!
5.gif

Hey Mara, yes, I got the shoes. They had to special order them, because they were all out of sizes at the two Nordstroms I went to. I got the grey/green ones, but I really wanted the light grey/light pink ones that are apparently no longer available. Darn. As for the silvery blue color, I wanted to get that too, but apparently, that''s part of the "first generation" and just isn''t available anymore. I checked out the Niketown store too, but they have the newest styles, and I personally think they are butt ugly. I couldn''t bring myself to buy them after I tried them on, even though the color scheme was nicer than the grey/green.

They were VERY light and comfortable when I went running with them. I figured it''d be okay because I spent 4 full days walking around in flip flops, which give essentially the same support as the Frees. It does give less support than your average running shoe, so I definitely recommend walking around a bit in them before attempting to really jog in them. I used the 5.0 inserts.

As for the fit, I got a full size bigger than my usual, but they are way too loose. I''m in the process of ordering another, smaller pair and will wait for that to be delivered. My heel doesn''t go all the way to the back of the shoe, and I also have quite a bit of toe room, so my feet wind up kind of slipping in and out of the shoe just a bit; not all the way, but enough for it to bother me. I also wore the shoes with really thin socks, because I don''t like the idea of sweating in shoes with no socks on. But they ARE more comfy with no socks.

And thanks for the info regarding the time of the month! I guess I''ll be dragging my behind there regardless of how tired I am. And let me know how the Frees eventually work out for you; I think they''ll be great for kickboxing, because real kickboxers actually train barefoot, and since these shoes are meant to give that barefoot workout, and it should make a difference in the muscle tone of your legs. My old kickboxing class was barefoot, and I noticed that my calves were much more toned than with my current class.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
You guys are pretty funny today! I am getting no work done here at my office so I thought the least I could do is post my progress. I did work out last night, just a 20 min. tape though. I also did some leg lift and tricep exercises before starting. Today, I go to the gym to do my running program. This will be my 3rd day so I just have to get Thursday or Friday in to meet my goal.

If I can figure out what to eat for the 7day thing, I''m in too. I think I will have to make an actual daily plan, otherwise I get stuck and eat something bad. Probably can''t have hummus on this plan, huh? I''ve been eating it w/carrots lately as a snack and it really does make many things taste better! I think the other part of my problem is that I just don''t like too many veggies and don''t have many ideas for how to prepare the few I do like. So we''re really just talking about a little bit of rice and fruit and veggies, right? I really have NO idea what I''d have for breakfast...hmmm...gotta think about that.

Ok, gotta go actually get something done before the day is over.

Keep up the good work everyone!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all...just got back from the grocery store, and unfortunately they are remodeling and every aisle almost was a disaster. I wish I would''ve known, I would''ve gone somewhere else! The good news is that they were expanding some of their organic sections and I found some good 100% juices (I got the guava in a box, it''s called Ceres from South Africa.) I also found these neat little apple shaped jars of apple juice which don''t have any additives so I thought I''d try them. I''m looking for supplements to the rice/fruit/veggie thing, and I think an important part of it is staying really hydrated and drinking lots of fluids (no sugar or additives, of course.
2.gif
)

Gotta go make some "hot" cole slaw for hubby...he requested it because my MIL made it over the weekend and he wanted to try it a little differently from the way she makes it here at home. Hers was shredded really finely, and he would rather have it chopped, add some hot sauce, etc. It''s the one you make with vinegar and sugar, not mayo. I''ll let you know how it turns out!

I''m going to try to get in a walk tonight, but my flowers are looking a little wilted and I have some weeding that needs to be done, so we''ll see. Maybe I''ll just do 15-20 minutes, at least.

35.gif

jesterjigger

Shiny_Rock
I''ve found that sometimes when I splurge my weight goes down a pound the next day or the day after. Not sure why since I''m barely dieting, mainly exercising.

Lorelei...good job with the quitting smoking! One of my troops is quitting and every now and then I try to remember to ask him how the quitting is going (he said that he wants me to ask him, lol) and he''s made it a month so far! It''s very admirable that you''ve made it this far...my parents both smoked, my dad just decided not to anymore one day (he smoked pipes/cigars) and that was that. My mom smokes cigarettes and has tried numerous times, but has yet to be successful.

Jcrow...I''ve been eating healthier (though I still have taco bell for lunch) but I had a piece of birthday cake last Friday and I felt sick all night. I had a Burger King milkshake and felt sick for an hour or two after that. So yeah, I feel sick when I have sweets after I''ve been avoiding them. I felt a little sick eating the cup of homemade ice cream, but I had the remaining two cups last night and felt fine. It''s weird, since I''ve been known to polish off a bag of pixie sticks in less than a day.

I''m not running today...might go on a bike ride while FI is at karate...I ran Tuesday night and the sunset was really beautiful. I want to take my camera tonight and get some pictures.

What day are you guys starting the diet? I think it''ll be a neat experiment...make sure you track how you feel and stuff too for us anxious viewers.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
just got back from the gym. i almost never workout after work, but i did today and probably will tomorrow and fri. i did 30 min. on the treadmill burning 360 calories. i did mostly 12 incline walking 4.2 then 4.0 without holding on. and i ran at a higher than usual pace for 5 minutes.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
workout on bravo is on! hopefully i''ll pick up some new workout moves!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, you gotta splurge once in a while. Otherwise all that work is for naught. Glad you enjoyed it, and look forward to the next one you can have...in 10 months!
2.gif

Went for a walk yesterday. Served dual purpose, as I got my exercise and worked off some irritation I was feeling toward my FI. Did an hour up hills and such. Today went to the gym for 1.5 hours...1 hour spin class and 30 minutes strength training. You guys are so inspiring.

But the best news...

I NOW FIT INTO MY WEDDING DRESS!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

It couldn''t zip in the bust before (which is sad because I am an A cup). I thought for kicks I''d try it on today...and while snug, it zips all the way up. This is confusing because I am still the same weight on the scale as I was 2 weeks ago...but I must be gaining muscle! I measured myself across the bust, and sure enough, I had lost a quarter to half inch.

YAY! Now I can wear my cheap dress! Hehehehehehe.....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats TG!!! That''s great news!!!

worked out tonite and then did 200 jumping jacks when i got home.

we had sushi for dinner, but i had a wee bit of a lapse earlier, we have some artichoke dip from last weekend in the fridge and i heated up like 2 tblspoons in a tiny bowl, and ate it with some organic blue corn chips. it was SO good...but bad for me...it has mayo, lowfat sour cream and parm cheese. i actually need to just throw it away, but greg wanted me to keep it, ARGH!

anyway...i had a nectarine for a snack too and a can of bean and ham soup for lunch so overall pretty good except for my diplovin'' lapse...but i figured that the extra 200 jumping jacks hopefully took care of most of that. hehee.

cinderella, i tried the new shoes tonite and i think they are too big! argh! well my right shoe is definitely too big and it''s my smaller foot, which is a total bummer. so i don''t know if i should just give them one more try or take them back and get a 1/2 size smaller (my regular size). when i put them on they were fine but as i worked out in them they stretched out and the right foot was totally bugging me. my toes actually went to sleep because i wasn''t using them as much as the shoe was moving and my toes weren''t. you mentioned your shoes are too big too cinderella, are you having the same issues? i feel like the shoe was moving and my foot wasn''t really getting the same workout. anyway other than the right foot being too big, the shoes were really cool feeling in general. i can tell i need to break them in a bit, a bit of a blistery feel on the bottom of the left foot etc. why is it such a hassle to get new shoes?! i should just get like 4 pairs now and break them all in over time so i can have shoes for the next 4 years...hahaa.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone, I''ve been bad today. My time of the month is putting my appetite completely out of whack and I can''t seem to stop eating. Argh!!! Good news though is that my bf''s secretary saw me today and told him that I looked great and asked if I had lost weight or something. I also skipped my workout today to battle ants that are determined to invade my house. Armed with bug spray, broom and baby powder, I figured I''d get enough of a workout getting rid of those little buggers.

Mara, I would give those shoes one more try. The only thing that sucks more than shoes that are too big are shoes that are too small. I made the mistake of buying too-small shoes once and wound up getting a blister on one of my toes. I went and tried on a 9.5 today, and they definitely fit better. You can always go one size smaller and keep the two pairs for a week or so, just for the sake of comparison, since Nordstrom has such a great return policy anyway. It''s not something I do all the time, but to have such an option is great, especially when you''re trying to fit a new shoe or something. Let me know what you decide to do, whether you had to go half size smaller or anything. It''ll be interesting to know.

So I''ll be going back tomorrow with my friends and family coupon to pick those up from Sports Authority. And the color''s prettier than the grey/green too! It''s pink and really dark grey, so that matches my workout outfits and everyday clothes much better.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back to the gym this morning and I was moving!! Usual elliptical and treadmill for 45 mins. I do enjoy people watching while I am in there, there was this poor lady, probably only in her thirties, but the apathy emanating from her while she...''exercised'' was exhausting. She did a feeble few mins on the treadmill at a snail''s pace, then the same on the crosstrainer, had her little sweatrag at the ready but it wasn''t needed obviously. It sounds terrible but I really wanted to grab her and shake her to get her moving, she won''t lose her excess baggage that way! She really was a picture of misery and I had to look away after a while as she was wearing me out. Obviously my petty mind needs some fodder as well as my keister.

Rod don''t worry about the McFatburger, we all have a little something now and then! No burgers for me as I don''t like ''em.

Jester thanks for the praise! *20 days smoke free*

I do think that this time I was mentally ready and by that I mean you have to be ready to let go of that supposed ''comfort'' which can be cigarettes. I think if you aren''t ready mentally it is so difficult and you can tend to obsess about them which makes relapsing easy. Luckily cigs aren''t calling me anymore which is a wonderful feeling. I know I am not over it totally yet, 3 months time I will be, but I know I can be successful this time, it will just take work and commitment. Thankfully I am not craving them much and if I do the craving is fleeting and triggered by old smoking behaviour. So I am very pleased with myself!

I AM DOING IT ROD - NO CIGS - WHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I ran a long run of 13 miles last night with some stopping and walking. I felt like I could have run the full 13, but I just didn''t feel like running through the cramp I had. I know if I were in the race, I would have kept running, but I just didn''t want to last night. My legs are feeling pretty strong, so I''m pretty confident they can carry me the whole way. I still have 3 more chances to do the full 13 miles before the race, and I know I will do it!

Lorelei, congratulations on staying smoke-free for so long! Pretty soon you forget you ever smoked at all! My husband is an occasional cigar smoker, and I''m really trying to wean him off them. I know I can''t make him do it though, he has to want to do it on his own.

I don''t know about this rice and fruits and veggie diet, but I''ll consider trying a modified version of it. The only problem is that I love dairy products, so I don''t know how easy it will be to give them up. I do know you can lose a lot of weight with this type of diet. I know someone who is on this diet, and is losing weight like crazy.

Tonight is a rest night for me; after doing that distance my legs hurt. If I''m recovered tomorrow, I''ll do a short 3 mile run. Have a great workout today, everyone!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Coda you did an incredible job with the run - you are going to ace the race!
36.gif
36.gif

Thanks for the encouragement with the smoking, I do think that the reason I failed in the past was because part of me didn''t really want to quit, but now with all the other good things I have done for myself I don''t want to ruin it with smoking. Hopefully Hubby will quit his cigars, you are right that it has to come from the smoker themselves to want to quit. It feels good to be smoke free!

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Coda- WOW 13 miles running? Even with breaks that sounds like a whole lot - congrats!!

We went swimming for about 45 minutes last night. Laps with goof off breaks mixed in. Since we swim at my bf''s parents'' pool we ended up going to dinner with them - which then turned into going to coffee with them - which turned into chatting until 10pm! It was a fun night, but I didn''t get my extra workout in
20.gif
at least we did pretty good in the pool

I was really slow going this morning and got behind schedule so I pushed my workout to after work - I''ll just have to beef it up a bit to try and make up for missing yesterday''s second round.
2.gif

I started looking at health clubs around here and the going rate is $79 a month! That''s a little more than I want to spend right now so I''m still searching for a place with maybe just the "basics" to see if I can find something cheaper....

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/16/2006 11:55:16 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Rod, you gotta splurge once in a while. Otherwise all that work is for naught. Glad you enjoyed it, and look forward to the next one you can have...in 10 months!
2.gif

Went for a walk yesterday. Served dual purpose, as I got my exercise and worked off some irritation I was feeling toward my FI. Did an hour up hills and such. Today went to the gym for 1.5 hours...1 hour spin class and 30 minutes strength training. You guys are so inspiring.

But the best news...

I NOW FIT INTO MY WEDDING DRESS!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

It couldn''t zip in the bust before (which is sad because I am an A cup). I thought for kicks I''d try it on today...and while snug, it zips all the way up. This is confusing because I am still the same weight on the scale as I was 2 weeks ago...but I must be gaining muscle! I measured myself across the bust, and sure enough, I had lost a quarter to half inch.

YAY! Now I can wear my cheap dress! Hehehehehehe.....
I will look forward to doing that again......someday!! Thanks for helping me not feel so bad.

I did work out much harder last night at the gym as pennance, so maybe having fries wasn''t such a bad thing. I did weights for almots 2 hours, then I pushed even harder on the elliptical for 45 minutes. I stayed at a constant 87 RPM with 30 second sprints over 100 every 8 minutes. I burned 710 calories and traveled 5.57 miles in that 45 minute period. So, I don''t feel so guilty today!!

Congrats on being able to get in the dress. It''s simply amazing how we can weigh the same, but lose fat. You have to have added muscle to accomplish that!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CALLING SIR ROD...CALLING SIR ROD...

I have a question.
9.gif
I was reading in one of Hubbies' muscle mags and they were saying for cardio it is best not to eat before working out as the food has to be burnt off first and it delays burning off body fat. This doesn't make sense to me, surely it is better to eat to start the old metabolism going rather than risking faintness like I did. Don't worry I will continue with my cereal bar first thing as I don't want to feel that weak and dizzy again, but I just wondered if this was balderdash or not...

PS - I wonder if Jeff joined the gym?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2006 6:31:13 AM
Back to the gym this morning and I was moving!! Usual elliptical and treadmill for 45 mins. I do enjoy people watching while I am in there, there was this poor lady, probably only in her thirties, but the apathy emanating from her while she...''exercised'' was exhausting. She did a feeble few mins on the treadmill at a snail''s pace, then the same on the crosstrainer, had her little sweatrag at the ready but it wasn''t needed obviously. It sounds terrible but I really wanted to grab her and shake her to get her moving, she won''t lose her excess baggage that way! She really was a picture of misery and I had to look away after a while as she was wearing me out. Obviously my petty mind needs some fodder as well as my keister.

Rod don''t worry about the McFatburger, we all have a little something now and then! No burgers for me as I don''t like ''em.

Jester thanks for the praise! *20 days smoke free*

I do think that this time I was mentally ready and by that I mean you have to be ready to let go of that supposed ''comfort'' which can be cigarettes. I think if you aren''t ready mentally it is so difficult and you can tend to obsess about them which makes relapsing easy. Luckily cigs aren''t calling me anymore which is a wonderful feeling. I know I am not over it totally yet, 3 months time I will be, but I know I can be successful this time, it will just take work and commitment. Thankfully I am not craving them much and if I do the craving is fleeting and triggered by old smoking behaviour. So I am very pleased with myself!

I AM DOING IT ROD - NO CIGS - WHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I know what an accomplishment this is Lorelei and I celebrate every day with you!!! Say, have you begun to notice the change in your tastebuds yet? For example, I was a "salter." I put salt on just about everything and now I find that I don''t need salt on anything. Foods are naturally salty to me. And, I have developed taste buds for foods I would have never considered before. Such as sushi. Can''t get enough Sushi these days. I''ve always loved shell fish, but regular fish? Sorry, wouldn''t touch it and now I crave fish, like Salmon. Anyway, was just wondering how your tastebuds are doing???

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2006 10:53:42 AM
CALLING SIR ROD...CALLING SIR ROD...

I have a question.
9.gif
I was reading in one of Hubbies' muscle mags and they were saying for cardio it is best not to eat before working out as the food has to be burnt off first and it delays burning off body fat. This doesn't make sense to me, surely it is better to eat to start the old metabolism going rather than risking faintness like I did. Don't worry I will continue with my cereal bar first thing as I don't want to feel that weak and dizzy again, but I just wondered if this was balderdash or not...

PS - I wonder if Jeff joined the gym?
Sorry, but I don't agree with the reason, but I do agree it's best not to have a large meal before working out. Not because of the burning of calories, but because it can cause stomach cramps and upsets to have a large meal sitting in one's belly and then working the muscles, particularly in the stomach area. Working out will burn calories period. It doesn't really matter where the calories are. I always eat something before a workout and I've lost a lot of weight. I just don't have a full meal and then go workout. I've experienced the cramps and upsets that a large meal can cause. On the opposite side, by not having enough in your system before working out, you can experience nausea, light headedness and dangerous drops in blood surgar. Not a pretty picture to say the least.

Lorelei, since I believe you work out in the morning, I would continue making sure you eat and have the fuel to energize your workout.

EDIT: Recently, I watched a special about competitive body building, both men and women. There are these wierd rules for muscle builders about food, what kinds, how much, when they can eat and it was obvious that competitive muscle 'dude's' deny themselves food before workouts. From I got from watching the show, it helps them shred muscles faster, so they grow bigger. Weird I'm telling you. Simply weird.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My tastebuds went crazy to begin with, coffee tasted weird and my soda, everything was pronounced, but now it seems to have settled down. I haven't had any taste changes yet I suppose and am sticking to the same foods to keep the old bod trim, but I am drinking a lot of V8 which tastes yummy! One thing I do notice is how clean my teeth feel and how pearly my teefs look!
9.gif
I have never used much salt really, except on chips ( fries) but I would be delighted if I started wanting fish and vegetables, no such luck!

I will stick with the cereal bar as I do feel I can work out harder with some fuel, I don't want to get dizzy again. Especially since I have started using the big stairmaster, I don't want to fall off it
32.gif

That was what Hub said about there being entirely different rules for body builders and you need to not go by what these pumped up people do. It sounds like torture to me with some of the things they do, but they seem to lap it all up!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results