shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 13th Aug till 19th Aug

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening, WWTr''s!
35.gif
Thanks everyone for the well wishes, I''m a very happy camper today knowing that my career is no longer in limbo and that I have a definite direction now, it is such a good feeling to have a plan/job, etc! DH took me out for a celebratory dessert martini this evening...we love this tiny little martini bar close by and I had a key lime pie "martini" just like I had there the night we got engaged! It was fab, as usual!

I did take Milo for a walk in the forest preserve today, although we only got in 45 minutes, and I figure about 2.5 miles but good enough. I had to get back home and shower before my orthodontist appointment so I cut it short. It ended up being hotter this afternoon so I was glad I had to shorten the walk anyway...both myself and the dog were rather sweaty and smelly by the time we got home!

Kim, what books are you reading these days? Sounds like you''re doing wonderfully as always with fitness and healthy eating, did you find a good flat place to ride your bike?
Jas, I am more than amazed that you got in and out of the DMV in 15 minutes...wow. Last time I went it took me nearly 3 hours, but I''d lost my license (ended up finding it under the drivers seat in my car later) and had to take the road test and everything, blech. Soooo glad IL mails out renewal stickers now! I responded to you in last weeks'' thread re. fitting in workouts, btw...
Gypsy, congrats on the 17 lb. loss! You are awesome, lady! I hope the rest of the 33 lbs melts off just as quickly, I''m sending positive fat burning vibes your way!
Rod, yay for being a dual Beamer family! You guys are just too hot for me, LOL! Your mystery/tough workout tonight sounds like something I would never dare attempt, so good for you! You continue to impress me with your determination!
Linda, thanks! I hope you are doing well, if I ate turkey I would try your recipe! Hope all is well with you!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
My dentist commented “there is so much less of you” this morning. It was a nice compliment. My SIL is in town through Sunday so I’ll be away from the internet most of this week. Rats.
Allycat, that is terrific you had only your wonderful dessert instead of seeing what you could eat out of the refrigerator. I am sorry to hear about your friend, I hope he works things out okay. I really like that my scale weighs in 1/10th pounds. It’s nice. I did go buy a few more “pieces” to go with my new clothes today but I dug through sale racks so I didn’t feel guilty.
Jas, I am glad to hear you are back safe and sound from the DMV. Those lines cans be HORRID even in small Wyoming. Now that you’ve fessed up to eating a donut too I am craving one. Good thing we don’t have a Dunkin Donut or Krispy Kreme anywhere in town.
DeeJay, LOL about wiping off donut tracks from your chin. I am glad to hear you got in several rounds of exercises this week.
Skippy, I hope your walk this evening was grand. Thanks for being excited for me wearing smaller clothes. I am so excited to have so many new things to pick from for my first day back at work tomorrow.
Gail, thank you for the nice compliment. I will be using my eat ½ of everything trick at my MIL this week. When some of the family comes to visit we usually end up eating there every day. My FIL is cute though he keeps checking calories on everything and telling me how much of something I can eat. Congratulations for size 12 being baggy; that is such a nice feeling and certainly shows great progress.
Shortblonde, have fun on your trip.
Kimberly, sorry for the short night. I hope your lunch with your friend was fun and not full of food you’d rather not be eating.
Monarch, congratulations on the new job. I hope you will love it. I am glad the temps dropped a little there.
Linda, I hope you feel better soon. You’ll look smashing at your reunion in a month!
PhoenixGirl, thank you so much for the kind words. You are so right about spending the money on clothes versus what it could be spent on if I didn’t make a dramatic change. I am glad you are enjoying clothes shopping; I too am finding it fun to try on things I never thought I would wear that actually look good on me.
Gypsy, congratulations on loosing 17 pounds. That is terrific!
Rod, it looks like there will be another BMW parked at your condo. That is just way too cool.
Well, I must get to bed. I actually have to go back to work tomorrow. Aak!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my god...can i just say foodgasm? that is what this trip has been so far. thank god for some measly workout eqiupment in the 'gym' downstairs for some activity. i swear these meetings like try to sabotage any healthy eating. some dodo brought a massive bag of snack size chocolate candy and dumped it all out all over the meeting table this afternoon, how do you conduct a meeting about program strategy when you are staring at a kit kat and snickers 2 feet away? by eating them of course! and other items. then it's so much easier to concentrate. hahaha. then dinner was this yummy steak and seafood place and we shared 5 desserts at our table...hah! tomorrow won't be much better, hot breakfast is being catered in then bbq for lunch and probably some other dietkilling item for dinner. at least we went to this museum for a team building thing and walked around for an hour.

however, i already gave up this morning on being uber healthy, as i ate a pastry, and said i can be bad for a few days. i'll be back on routine and schedule come friday...and i am working out so at least i'm not a slug. why do sweets have to be so darn good, damn them!

sounds like others are all doing well...kudos rod on a 2nd bmw, kudos monnie on a new job, kudos ally on resisting temptation, kudos DJ on a donut (and gail), love those things. and yes my sbucks out in CA (and really all the sbucks i have been to recently even in vegas and most recently here in minnesota) have sandwiches, salads, fruit etc at them. yay gypsy for 17 lbs.

on the sushi front, i typically like more unique type rolls, like the place that we go to...things like tuna and cucumber wrapped with spicy wasabi sauce...or avocado, cucumber and fresh shrimp wrapped and drizzled with papaya sauce, i love spicy tuna rolls too. typically when greg and i go we share about 3 rolls and we get like a few pieces of raw things too. but the rolls are fairly large, 6-8 pieces each. and we get edamame of course. yum sushi. i think i might have that this wkd while greg is gone.

anyhow, it's mdnight here so bedtime, i am up at 7am (6:30am this morning, yikes it was hard and i went to the gym too!) to do the gym for 30 then get ready to go by 8am for another longgggg day. we left hotel at 8am this morning and back at 10pm after dinner...yawn. hope everyone had a good one!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday all!

Well... OK... not so happy.
5.gif
As of this morning's bout with the scale I have officially let my weight creep back up 6 pounds from my low. (!!!) BAD DEE!!! I knew it was happening and I chose to let it happen. But ENOUGH. Even last night when I got home so late from being with my clients I though, hm, maybe some french fries wouldn't be so bad. So that's what I did--had some french fries. At 9:00 at night. Seriously. Did I need that? NO. But I did it. And I *knew* I was doing it.

Anyway, it feels good to be back on my mission again.

Linda, thanks for the links. I've never been able to find the info on the breakfast sandwiches before either, so that was really useful. And BTW, sometimes I can be such a dumbf*ck. This morning I was standing around waiting for my decaf (it seems like my timing is always *perfect*--they just run out and have to brew a new pot about every other morning, especially when I'm in a hurry) and I just reached over and picked up one of the salads. Well, RIGHT THERE on the bottom o the package was a big sticker with all the info on it.
20.gif
Same thing on the sandwiches. Sometimes I make things so much harder than they have to be!!

Tdiddy, LOL on "forgetting" the leftovers. And I am right there with you--these summer weekends always have some thing going on that is treacherous to my eating.

Katebar, it's interesting you make the point about no knee pain. When I started working out my knees were just killing me, but now that I've been with it for a while they actually hurt less (often not at all) because I think my muscles have gotten stronger and it's helping. My butt is firmer too, but it does still jiggle a bit.
39.gif

Ally, good for you for sticking with just one dessert the other night!

Lorelei, hello from the land of pantsy weather across the pond. I swear, it is so humid here that I feel like I'm swimming through the air when I walk around outside.

Shortblonde, the chickpea and bulgur salad with feta sounds yummy. I'm going to have to get the HH to subscribe to Cooking Lite.

Gail, I do the same thing; grocery shopping when I'm at my weakest moment. I remember one time I went to the store when the HH was traveling and I was just starving and I new we were totally out of food at home. I came out with a big bag of ice cream and salami. Seriously, just those two items, but LOTS of those two items. For some reason that was what appealed to me as I walked up and down the aisles, so that's what I bought!

Kimi, how did takeout at your friend's go?

jas - WHAT DMV did you go to? I always end up standing in line so long that I feel like they're gonna hand me my first Social Security check along with my new license...

PG, I've been buying some "extra" things lately too. I go into a store to get some pants (yes, me and my damn PANTS again!) and I will come out with some other *ancillary* stuff.
3.gif

Gypsy, 17 pounds is AWESOME! And you WILL get to your goal!

Rod, GOOD FOR YOU AND CHARLIE! If that new BMW makes you guys happy I'm glad you're getting it!

And I'm with you Stephi; living vicariously through Rod and Charlie on this whole car adventure is a lot of fun!

Monnie, I just said to the HH last night that I wish I could get at least one of the pups to go for a WALK with me. Not a tree piss*ing, grass sniffing, leash pulling bark fest, but a WALK. Maybe I will try taking them out and seeing if I can get some constant motion out of them with some training. Want to send Milo over to be an example?!

Marcy, LOL on the "less of you"!

Mara, enjoy the foodgasm while it lasts. You know you'll be right back on track as soon as you get home!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, 17 lbs is absolutely fantastic, congrats!!!

Marcy, what a wonderful compliment from your DDS!

Monnie, you're so sweet! I feel like a heifer this past week and a 1/2 but the scale still reads 126, even after too much bad stuff, so I'm not going to get upset, I'm just going to return to the bandwagon. Going home (to visit my parents) always derails me a bit as they are definitely not healthy. For example, I ate oatmeal for breakfast and 5 minutes later my mom was stunned that I didn't take her offer of a piece of apple struedel bread; when I said "I just ate" she responded "It's breakfast dessert!" whatever the hell that is! I didn't eat it. Anyways, the best books I've read recently are Disgrace by J.M. Coetzee and The Emperor's Children by Claire Messoud. I need to go to the bookstore as I don't have a book to read now. I should probably use the library instead, it would be so much cheaper, but I love owning books. Perhaps that's what I'll do today!

Skippy, what did you just finish reading?

Rod, what fun for Charlie to get a Beamer too! I think your workout details are interesting, and inspiring, please don't stop sharing them!

Mara, sorry about all of the food. Makes it hard to eat normally.

So lunch yesterday ended up being pizza. Ugh. But it was so fun to get to visit and I did workout...not the end of the world. We had chipotle sausage, beans and fruit salad for dinner, a good balance to a bad lunch.

Not sure what I'm up to today. Thinking about heading down to the lake for a walk, or maybe just hopping on my elliptical. I'm in charge of dinner tonight.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, we must have posted at the same time. I love that you just hop back on the bandwagon! Cooking Light is my best friend. I own a cookbook and get most of my recipes online as I am a hoarder and my stack of mags has grown too high so I let my subscription run out. Lunch was fun. My girlfriend is going to start a new job out of town on Thursday, so she''ll be living 2 hours away during the week now; she''s one of my favorite lunch buddies so I''ll miss her but I''m so happy for her.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning
35.gif

I was planning to go walking this morning and the alarm w/went off and I got up but my legs were sore. I figured today might be my day off or just a lawn mowing day. I had 4 days in a row of exercise so I wanted a little break and I love working out on the weekends.

Yesterday I was a Fiber One Bar weirdo. I had 4 of them, 2 peaches and lemongrass chicken. I ate w/in my calories but I figured 4 chocolate chip fiber ones can't be that good for you. Today I can't look at them, lol.
14.gif

Kimberly, I finished the same book Monnie finished. It is Twelve Sharp by Janet Evanovich, it is an easy breezy silly bounty hunter book. The charaters are funny and the things they do or say make me blush but it is fun. Kimi, you are such a healthy eater; I am impressed that you don't eat naughty things. I understand; with me if I taste it I can't stop so I don't have a bite or I am doomed.

Mara and DeeJay, sometime you have to let yourself eat the naughty stuff because it is so dang hard. I sometimes do that and then remind myself I will get back on board w/eating healthy and then it takes a little longer to lose it then gain it but it all works out well in the end.

Marcy, have fun w/your SIL and yay for the compliment from the dentist! You do look fab!

Happy Hump day friends
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Skip, I''m a "once I start I can''t stop" gal. So, I typically just don''t start, it saves me the trouble of beating myself up later. My parents were asking me about that when I visited them. My dad has seeiteatit disease and we were talking about how to avoid eating everything in sight. I literally have John hide food from me if I a am eating out of control. I do continue to eat ice cream and drink wine almost every day. They are two things I thoroughly enjoy and I see no reason not to. I don''t think I''d be as thin as I am if I didn''t allow myself my indulgences. You''re a pretty darn healthy gal yourself, Miss Stephie!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimi, too bad I have to fall off the wagon to get back on, LOL!

BTW, one of my client''s just gave me "The Emperor''s Children" to read over the weekend. He and I have very similar taste in literature and we trade stacks of books periodically. I was going to save that one for my trip to Florida in September, but if you give it a good review I might have to bump it to the top of the pile! And I know what you mean about using the library, but I just never do it... We have a "rolling credit" at a used book store though. What I mean is, we take our read books over there and they give us credit toward new ones on a running tab. The problem is we end up taking over much more than we end up buying. I think our credit level has varied from $400 to $700 over the past several years.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning all,

Well this morning I took Mazie for a long walk around the block, I felt great this morning. A friend of mine is in town and wants to go to our favorite Mexican Restaurant for lunch. OH NO!!!! this is going to blow it for me, but maybe not!!! I LOVE Mexican food, I could eat it 7 days a week.

Well, I figure if I don''t eat chips and salsa and just have my favorite chicken enchilada with whole beans, instead of re-fried and rice, and a small salad I should be OK. Wish I could have two enchiladas, but don''t want to push it LOL
9.gif

Tonight, I''ll just have a salad to balance out the calories and I should be OK on tomorrow''s scale. Oh bye the way, I lost one half pound. Not much but Yippee!!!! Later on this afternoon, I''ll hit the swimming pool and do some laps.

Skippy, I love reading books. I know this is an old one, but I am just starting to read My Dog Skip. Loved the Movie and Rick and I LOVE dogs!!!!

DJ: Glad I could help you on the calorie count on Starbucks breakfast sandwiches. I haven''t had one yet, but they sure sound yummmmmmmmy.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2007 11:38:39 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Kimi, too bad I have to fall off the wagon to get back on, LOL!

BTW, one of my client''s just gave me ''The Emperor''s Children'' to read over the weekend. He and I have very similar taste in literature and we trade stacks of books periodically. I was going to save that one for my trip to Florida in September, but if you give it a good review I might have to bump it to the top of the pile! And I know what you mean about using the library, but I just never do it... We have a ''rolling credit'' at a used book store though. What I mean is, we take our read books over there and they give us credit toward new ones on a running tab. The problem is we end up taking over much more than we end up buying. I think our credit level has varied from $400 to $700 over the past several years.
Dee, we all fall off every once in a while, it''s so not a big deal!

It really was a great book. It has lots of layers to it, so it can be read as a story about 3 friends or you can dig into references she uses and it really evokes thought about the way one choose to live, isolation vs. integration into society, principled vs. popular and so on and so forth. It was a good read. I may revisit it sometime in the future and spend a bit more effort trying to grasp the layers. What a great system to have in place at your used book store! You''ll have to tell me what you think of the book. I also highly recommed Disgrace. It was extremely interesting and very well written (I think it won the Pulitzer for Lit). And if you have book recommendations please share!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2007 11:49:13 AM
Author: Linda W
Good Morning all,

Skippy, I love reading books. I know this is an old one, but I am just starting to read My Dog Skip. Loved the Movie and Rick and I LOVE dogs!!!!
LOL, LOL, LOL!!! You are too cute Linda. My real name is Stephanie not Skippy but thank you for thinking of me and I do love dogs. I should see that movie!
9.gif

Kimberly, I have about 20 lbs I need to lose because I have no self control on vacations. Those are the times I gain weight and it is horrible. I am going to try really hard next week to not do that, since I am going out of town. I am like you; I rather eat at home so I have that control. You sound like you found a good way to have balance; I admire that in you. I have no idea why I get nutty when I go on vacations.
33.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL LOL. I know your real name is Stephanie. This movie is soooooooooooooooooooooooo good. I cried at the end.
39.gif
It is the story of a man reminiscing about his childhood dog named Skip. It is so heartwarming. A true story, I had to get the book. Your will LOVE it. Rent the movie if you can.

Linda

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2007 12:02:36 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 8/15/2007 11:49:13 AM
Good Morning all,

LOL, LOL, LOL!!! You are too cute Linda. My real name is Stephanie not Skippy but thank you for thinking of me and I do love dogs. I should see that movie!
9.gif

Kimberly, I have about 20 lbs I need to lose because I have no self control on vacations. Those are the times I gain weight and it is horrible. I am going to try really hard next week to not do that, since I am going out of town. I am like you; I rather eat at home so I have that control. You sound like you found a good way to have balance; I admire that in you. I have no idea why I get nutty when I go on vacations.
33.gif
Stephanie, we indulge on vacations because that''s the whole point of them! It''s a break from the norm. I do the same thing! I have found I do better if I cut down to two meals a day when we''re on a trip. We eat a late breakfast and dinner and have a small snack in between, that really helps cut down on calories. I admire you for being so good about walking. John came in from getting the paper this morning and told me it was 82 at 8am and I thought "no way am I going to lake!"

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2007 12:08:02 PM
LOL LOL. I know your real name is Stephanie. This movie is soooooooooooooooooooooooo good. I cried at the end.
39.gif
It is the story of a man reminiscing about his childhood dog named Skip. It is so heartwarming. A true story, I had to get the book. Your will LOVE it. Rent the movie if you can.

Linda

oooo, it sounds like a lovely movie. I love tear jerkers. Have you seen Life is Beautiful? That is one of my favorite movies. I am so glad you are on this thread! You are always so positive!

I actaully enjoy all the sweetie pies on this thread; You all are wonderful. Sorry for the mushynessss. hehehe

Kimberly, thank you thank you thank you. I really like your idea about the 2 meals a day; I think I will tell hubby. I love food and get too excited and there have been too many times that I eat too much while traveling because I get a little nutty and think "when will I be here again?" In Vegas I will try to eat more fish since we don't get fresh fish in NM and it is low in calories. Thank you for your good advice friend!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH now I am getting mushy too. In fact, I cry really easily. I will be a goner at my reunion coming up next month LOL. All I have to do is see my old friends and the water works will start. I have stayed in touch with a handful of them, since kindergarten and see them often. The others will be a joy to see.

Shhhhhh, don''t tell Rick. Wonder why my high school secret crush will look like now 40 years later, ha ha ha ha ha.

Stephanie. That movie sounds familiar, who was in it???? Is it out for a rental???

Linda the mushy one

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda, it is a foreign film. Here is a link http://www.amazon.com/Life-Beautiful-Claudio-Alfonsi/dp/B00001U0DP
It is such a tear jerker and it is out for rent. I will go look for My Dog Skip. I too keep in touch w/people. I can tell you are a people person. hehehe

Does Jenny Craig teach you to eat regular food? Yay for your high school Reunion!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stephanie,

YES, I am very much a people person!!!!! In fact, I wish I were still working. I miss the daily contact with people. With my health, I had to retire early. Never know when I am going to wake up feeling icky!!!!!

Thank you for the website, I am going to check it out now.

Yes, JC teaches us how to eat regular meals. My problem is I always want more. ha ha ha ha ha. Especially Mexican food. Geeeez, I love that stuff!!!!!
30.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I remember that movie. He won an academy award for that and he jumped on the seats LOL LOL. We never saw it before. Will have to rent it!!!

Thank you for telling me about it Stephanie.

Linda

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/15/2007 10:42:47 AM
Author: KimberlyH

Monnie, you''re so sweet! I feel like a heifer this past week and a 1/2 but the scale still reads 126, even after too much bad stuff, so I''m not going to get upset, I''m just going to return to the bandwagon. Going home (to visit my parents) always derails me a bit as they are definitely not healthy. For example, I ate oatmeal for breakfast and 5 minutes later my mom was stunned that I didn''t take her offer of a piece of apple struedel bread; when I said ''I just ate'' she responded ''It''s breakfast dessert!'' whatever the hell that is! I didn''t eat it. Anyways, the best books I''ve read recently are Disgrace by J.M. Coetzee and The Emperor''s Children by Claire Messoud. I need to go to the bookstore as I don''t have a book to read now. I should probably use the library instead, it would be so much cheaper, but I love owning books. Perhaps that''s what I''ll do today!

Rod, what fun for Charlie to get a Beamer too! I think your workout details are interesting, and inspiring, please don''t stop sharing them!

So lunch yesterday ended up being pizza. Ugh. But it was so fun to get to visit and I did workout...not the end of the world. We had chipotle sausage, beans and fruit salad for dinner, a good balance to a bad lunch.

Not sure what I''m up to today. Thinking about heading down to the lake for a walk, or maybe just hopping on my elliptical. I''m in charge of dinner tonight.
Thanks Kimi......I figured that my nightly diatribes about how many sets of unassisted this or that''s were getting stale and I didn''t want to bore you guys to tears. I''ll try to remember to include a few more details of Rod''s Gym Adventures. Of course tonight may be my last trip to the gym for the next week. We were talking about me not going tomorrow night as I have to be up at 5:00 AM to get ready for my biopsy (have to do an enema in advance - good lord - hope that''s not TMI?) on Friday morning.

Mara, that company you work for has evidently not heard of healthy eating promotes healthier employee''s, eh? Sounds like another foodgastic business trip. It is hard to snub candy bars staring you in the face. But knowing you, even if the gym equipment is crappy, it''s getting used by you none the less and you''ll not gain an ounce.

DeeJay, so sorry the scale is saying mean things about you. You''ll get it to say nicer things in short time I''m sure!

It''s almost time to head to the gym as I write this anyway.......

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2007 12:15:15 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 8/15/2007 12:08:02 PM
39.gif

Linda

oooo, it sounds like a lovely movie. I love tear jerkers. Have you seen Life is Beautiful? That is one of my favorite movies. I am so glad you are on this thread! You are always so positive!

I actaully enjoy all the sweetie pies on this thread; You all are wonderful. Sorry for the mushynessss. hehehe

Kimberly, thank you thank you thank you. I really like your idea about the 2 meals a day; I think I will tell hubby. I love food and get too excited and there have been too many times that I eat too much while traveling because I get a little nutty and think ''when will I be here again?'' In Vegas I will try to eat more fish since we don''t get fresh fish in NM and it is low in calories. Thank you for your good advice friend!!!
It really is helpful, Skip!

I''m making a beef empanada recipe from CL for dinner. We''ve had it before and really enjoyed it. The beef part is already cooking. I love having time off, it gives me lots of free time to spend in the kitchen, so fun!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2007 5:22:38 PM
Author: Rod

Date: 8/15/2007 10:42:47 AM
Author: KimberlyH

Monnie, you''re so sweet! I feel like a heifer this past week and a 1/2 but the scale still reads 126, even after too much bad stuff, so I''m not going to get upset, I''m just going to return to the bandwagon. Going home (to visit my parents) always derails me a bit as they are definitely not healthy. For example, I ate oatmeal for breakfast and 5 minutes later my mom was stunned that I didn''t take her offer of a piece of apple struedel bread; when I said ''I just ate'' she responded ''It''s breakfast dessert!'' whatever the hell that is! I didn''t eat it. Anyways, the best books I''ve read recently are Disgrace by J.M. Coetzee and The Emperor''s Children by Claire Messoud. I need to go to the bookstore as I don''t have a book to read now. I should probably use the library instead, it would be so much cheaper, but I love owning books. Perhaps that''s what I''ll do today!

Rod, what fun for Charlie to get a Beamer too! I think your workout details are interesting, and inspiring, please don''t stop sharing them!

Not sure what I''m up to today. Thinking about heading down to the lake for a walk, or maybe just hopping on my elliptical. I''m in charge of dinner tonight.
Thanks Kimi......I figured that my nightly diatribes about how many sets of unassisted this or that''s were getting stale and I didn''t want to bore you guys to tears. I''ll try to remember to include a few more details of Rod''s Gym Adventures. Of course tonight may be my last trip to the gym for the next week. We were talking about me not going tomorrow night as I have to be up at 5:00 AM to get ready for my biopsy (have to do an enema in advance - good lord - hope that''s not TMI?) on Friday morning.

Mara, that company you work for has evidently not heard of healthy eating promotes healthier employee''s, eh? Sounds like another foodgastic business trip. It is hard to snub candy bars staring you in the face. But knowing you, even if the gym equipment is crappy, it''s getting used by you none the less and you''ll not gain an ounce.

DeeJay, so sorry the scale is saying mean things about you. You''ll get it to say nicer things in short time I''m sure!

It''s almost time to head to the gym as I write this anyway.......
It''s not TMI, Rod. My fingers and toes are crossed for you and I''m sending tons of good thoughts and fairy dust your way.

Please share the details, they are never boring, always inspiring!

jas

Brilliant_Rock

Salutations, all!

I have never, ever, in my life, been the only one in a restaurant. DH and I dined pretty alone for the first 1/2 of the meal. We met everyone on staff. It was...eerie. I felt much better about the place (and less afraid I had missed some news bulletin about the joint) when it suddenly filled up after an hour. I guess it's an 8:00 destination, not a 7:00. DH and I split a ton of apps...so yummy...muscles, scallops (to DIE for!), and what they called a "study in meatballs" -- which is a little pretentious...just call it "Lotsa Meatballs" or "Balls of differing meat" or just "Yeah, they're balls. Grow up" which is totally what I would call it if I owned a restaurant.

They were yummy, by the way.

I batlipticalled again today! Loving it! i am now at the point where I get a really really good sweat going!

Easy light dinner tonight of pesto tuna salad because DH and I started watching Gandhi last night and fell asleep (from exhaustion, not from boredom) about an hour in, and we really want to finish it tonight!

Monarch, yes, I did see your comments last week. I'm just a dork for not mentioning it. Sorry. Sometimes I think I've responded and I haven't because this is a fast-paced thread. I love the idea of little bits and pieces. I've just got to make promises to myself! Ok, seriously, key-lime martinis might just make me weep a little from total and utter joy. Sounds yummy!

Rod, you know we're all rooting for you! You have a lot of PSers virtually holding your hand through all this! (We're also virtually moving in with you to share the view. And the car).

Marcy -- I love your dentist's comments. Of course the best parts of you remain :) And yes, it is tough living 2 doors down from a DD, but I splurge on their coffee!

Mara -- I cracked up about the candy on the table. I always wonder if it is managerial strategy to get me in a sugar coma so I agree to some project or other. It's the only way to explain how I got on so many damned committees!

DeeJay -- you made me laugh out loud. I thought I was the only person in the world to use the word "dumbf***" although I do try to avoid using it around my mother. And clergy. But since neither my mother or my clergy are here, well, let's have at it. Don't worry about the wagon...it comes around often and always has room. I just wish it had a restraint system for me! I went to the DMV right smack downtown. I strongly recommend going at 8am on Tuesdays!!! For official stuff, not to hang out or anything.

Kimberly -- you have me craving empanadas now! Yum! When do you go back to school?

Linda -- hey girl! You are so brave to go to reunions. I am terrified of mine! I like to think high school didn't exist for me....

Skippy -- FOUR Fiber One Bars? Is your tummy ok today?

Gypsy -- I am so happy for you...you must feel so empowered right now!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Kimi, empanadas sound YUMMY! Enjoy! What is your favorite ice cream flavor and brand?

Linda, thank you for the movie link; it seems to be an excellent movie.
9.gif

Jas, I know; I didn't have a fiber one bar today. Maybe that is just what I needed to get over my love of fiber one bars. hehe. Yum, I love seafood! That would be weird to be the only ones dining; it sounds yummy though. Yay for the workout!

Mara, I was thinking the same thing as Rod. They should showcase some delicious fresh in season fruit and bran muffins from Vitamuffin Co. I bet they don't want you all falling asleep during their presentation.

Rod, sweetie, there is no such thing as TMI among friends. We care and want you to be healthy; you know you are in my prayers. Enjoy your workout and driving your pretty sports car Hot Bod Rod!

I finished mowing the lawn; it is a big lawn and takes me an hour. It was scary because there were lots of wasps and I almost bummed into them, eeek
32.gif
Thank goodness I didn't; I was stung as a kid so I am afraid of them.

Have a wonderful and relaxing Wed Evening WWT Friends
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Jas, work/school begins on August 22. There was a 2 week gap between summer school and the regular year. "Study in meatballs" cracked me up. Too funny!

Skip, I love empanadas! My fave ice cream is anything chocolate/pb. I love 31 flavors.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I've either been really good today or really bad. I only had a 200 cal breakfast, a fiber one bar for a snack in the afternoon (but just ONE Stephi!), and a LC for dinner. But lunch... Pas Si Eiw (sp?). The whole thing. I tried to trick myself and ate only half at the table and brought the other half back to my office... and then finished it off 30 minutes later...
20.gif
Anyway, I will end up the night with 60 cals of pudding.

I did the elliptical for 65 mins, 730 cals, and then the arm machines. So here's a stupid question for you: Do you feel (either while you're doing it or the next day) that you must be using one arm more than the other with the weights? I am sure no one moves in a perfectly symmetrical way, and you probably do push/pull more with your dominant arm, but I really fell like one of my arms is doing more work than the other. I make a real effort to engage the other arm more but maybe I'm missing something obvious here.

Jas, what restaurant did you go to where you were the only ones there until 8:00??? And have you been to Zocalo yet? We got a $25 off coupon in those weekly mailer things and I think we're going on Sunday. Hope it's not totally grim--and that we're not the only ones there LOL. As for my language; yes, I swear like a sailor. I have been known to shock people. Over the years I've gotten better but every once in a while I open my mouth and something comes out that's pretty *amazing*.

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/15/2007 8:27:59 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
So I''ve either been really good today or really bad. I only had a 200 cal breakfast, a fiber one bar for a snack in the afternoon (but just ONE Stephi!), and a LC for dinner. But lunch... Pas Si Eiw (sp?). The whole thing. I tried to trick myself and ate only half at the table and brought the other half back to my office... and then finished it off 30 minutes later...
20.gif
Anyway, I will end up the night with 60 cals of pudding.

I did the elliptical for 65 mins, 730 cals, and then the arm machines. So here''s a stupid question for you: Do you feel (either while you''re doing it or the next day) that you must be using one arm more than the other with the weights? I am sure no one moves in a perfectly symmetrical way, and you probably do push/pull more with your dominant arm, but I really fell like one of my arms is doing more work than the other. I make a real effort to engage the other arm more but maybe I''m missing something obvious here.

Jas, what restaurant did you go to where you were the only ones there until 8:00??? And have you been to Zocalo yet? We got a $25 off coupon in those weekly mailer things and I think we''re going on Sunday. Hope it''s not totally grim--and that we''re not the only ones there LOL. As for my language; yes, I swear like a sailor. I have been known to shock people. Over the years I''ve gotten better but every once in a while I open my mouth and something comes out that''s pretty *amazing*.
I think that''s a pretty common issue for people and not a dumb question at all. I switched to machines that let you isolate one extremity at a time. My problem was with my legs....I would do quads and hammies together and apparently was favoring my left leg. Then I continued to favor my stronger left leg when I started training for a marathon when I ran and believe it or not actually ended up with a stress fracture as a result! And although the fracture healed, I chronically have IT band issues when I run unless I REALLY isolate my legs when I lift. When I was evaluated by the orthopedic surgeon, my hamstring and quad on the one leg actually measured bigger than the other and when they measured my running gait I would "hang" out on my left leg longer with each step thus stressing that leg out and causing the problems.

My advice, take it or leave it, and the advice I got from the therapist is to skip the machines and do your bicep curls and other arm exercises with free weight dumbells. You definitely will have isolation that way and usually end up doing more work and thus have more muscle. For legs, hammer strength machines generally have separate grips that move independently for each leg. So that''s what I use now. You also can do lunges, squats, dead lifts, etc with free weights to isolate each leg. So that''s a good way around it.

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
Rod - best of luck to you on Friday. I will be thinking of you and praying that things go well.

Monarch - congrats on the new job! I hope you love it!

Mara - business trips like that crack me up. they stuff you with warm food at lunch and then wonder why everyone is comatose for the rest of the day.

DeeJay - I saw your posts about Starbucks and wanted to mention that if you ever are not able to find the info you can ask the cashier and they are "supposed" to have it available for you to look at behind the counter at pretty much every chain retailer for food in the US.

gypsy - 17 lbs....you ROCK!

well, today i did 3 miles at an outside park which was nice except for the stiffling humidity. i smell like my fiance''s gym shoes right now. you know it''s bad when your dog sniffs your arm pits excitedly. right now i am taking a break from painting a bathroom for the baby shower guests this weekend. nothing like having house guests to get those last home improvements finished!

my mom keeps dropping by with stuff for the baby shower. it''s on the order of chocolate mostly. i love my mom but she is the worst for dietary sabotage. thankfully i have a long run planned on my marathon training schedule sunday and should burn off the damage. but at this rate i might have to run every day for a week
23.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I had a completely off the wagon day. I had to run over to the new job site to pick up some paperwork and sign some things this morning, and I was feeling sorta icky after that (nothing job related, I don''t know what my deal was). I thought maybe since I hadn''t eaten breakfast I was just having low blood sugar issues, so I made a pit stop for a veggie burger AND onion rings at Burger King on the way home even though I was feeling bloated and puffy already. I polished those items off and felt even worse.
7.gif
I ended up taking a nap this afternoon and not getting in a workout at all...when I woke up after 2 hours I ate a piece of the stupid chocolate cake I got over the weekend for DH! Argh. That is exactly why I don''t usually have sweets around the house, I don''t miss them when they''re not here but when they are I''m like a moth to a flame. I''m quite sure I''ve exceeded my caloric goal for the day at this point, so it''s off to bed soon for me!

Sorry for the negativity, I don''t usually have such bad days!!! But I figured I''d post about it anyway, that way I can''t pretend it never happened, lol!

Hope everyone else''s day went better, and I look forward to a brighter tomorrow!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results