shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 13th Aug till 19th Aug

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2007 9:30:58 AM
Author: Ellen
Skippy, I know you will wonder, so just letting you know. My baker assistant slept in late yesterday, and then bailed on me to go to his friends, so the rolls didn't get made. Honestly, good help is hard to find.
20.gif
9.gif

I'll let ya know when they get made. Since he starts school tomorrow, could be a while....

p.s. Your back yard looks so inviting! Bootiful!
Ellen I was super excited to see you posted in the WWT. I checked right away to see what you had to say. hehehe
9.gif

Yes, you do need a partner to help you out making those delicious danish; I would go help ya if I lived in your town
2.gif
3.gif
They make a lot and I usually freeze some and then heat them so just an fyi when you do make them. p.s. thanks for the sweet compliment on the yard. When hubby and I were house hunting we kept finding ugly treeless, weedy yards so this one makes me very happy. hehe

DeeJay, I almost freaked about the divorce and pasued and thought her hubby is so sweet. . . then I got to the cookies part and LAUGHED. You silly; you had me worried for a moment. hehe I thought first the job, then the hubby, next she will be joining a rock and roll band of teenagers.
9.gif

Marcy kudos on the weight loss.

Mara, wowzers! That is a lot of hiking. I wish my trail was shaded; it is far from that! That is why I have that goofy sunvisor in my pic. You are my hero for the hikes and I am now calling you the hiking queen. hehe

Rod, gosh the memphis sounds delicious!!! Yay for giving yourself distractions to keep busy. That movie sounds good; yay for Charlies car coming in next week! Do you two ever trade cars for funsies???

PHX, good job for only gaining a couple lbs.

Jas, hehehe; that is my dream too to be a solid gold dancer!!!!

Today, I slept in because my cousin said she wasn't feeling well last night for our 6 am walk. I am going to run to Costco today and then this evening take a nice long walk. Have a nice wonderful Sunday!!! Kimi, did you get to hike this am? ETA: Oh, I see from your post; have a great beach walk, fun!
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all!! happy sunday...greg comes home tonite so i am jazzed. he's so mushy when he is away which is funny because he is not typically like that at home..so it's cute. we are looking fwd to being together again! but sounds like he is having some great quality time with his family which is fabulous.

yesterday i visited with the neighbors for a while, their baby is super cute...and so good!! after hanging there for a few hours, came back and did some more housework, and then took P for a 45 minute quick walk, did probably just shy of 3 miles. then got ready and my friends picked me up for dinner...which was just SO GOOD. we love this place but don't go there that often since it's in our 'rotation' of yummy foods...it's spanish tapas and their sangria is divine. i had a glass of red sangria and then the 3 of us shared calamari, ahi tuna tartar with mango and lime juice, truffled mushroom empanadas (my fave), pork and beef sopes, grilled halibut skewers, and i think one more thing i am totally blanking on!! and i had a cup of cuban black bean soup. the plates are typically very small, aka the halibut skewers were 3 chunks of halibut separated by a few veggies and there were only 2 skewers, so i had like 2 square pieces of halibut. it was funny because typically we order more with 4 people, like WAY more, but in reality this was just enough to fill us up! we were going to order one or two more things but then we stopped and said, wow we feel okay. total 'more is better' mentality when you are out until you stop and think about it. so we were going to get dessert to share but then the husband said he wanted gelato, which i figured was probably healthier than anything we could order there, so we drove over to the sweet shoppe like the one we visited last weekend but in another town and got gelato. i got mint chocolate chip which was divine. before dinner all day i'd only had breakfast, a bit of hummus, and egg white salad in a pita with some grapes...so i was saving myself for dinner. hehe.

so then they dropped me back off at home and i spent another hour in the office cleaning things up and shredding. it's amazing how much stuff you can accumulate! i am hoping to have the office cleaned out by tonite when G gets home as i know he would be so happy, the office is like the mental bane of his existence. we have this great furniture from PB in there and it is always covered in papers and boxes. i also want to paint it at some point soon so once it's actually all clean then it will be much easier to do that.

slept in a bit and now am having the breakfast of hiking champions...TJ's english muffin with SB and honey, a bit of cereal with some fresh sliced strawberries, and i scrambled up 2 egg whites plain with salt and pepper for an extra protein dose...because in an hour i am meeting my mom for MORE HIKING. i am not sure which trail we'll do today, depends on the heat, but i kind of want to do this flat one for 2 miles (the heat part depends on this because it's in the sun for 2 miles) then it climbs for 1.5 miles and then you come downhill on a few other trails which wind slowly back down for about 1.5 miles and then do another flat mile back to the car. we have done it once before and it's about 6 miles i think....but i remember last time i felt pretty good after it even though it was really long. we only have 2 hours total so we have to just be sure we stick within that time frame. the other trails have more climbing right away and i kind of want to take it easier at first because i am STILL sore from the mega hiking jaunt on friday. but i figure no pain no gain? though really i actually want to have pain and no gain. lol.

lunch will be TJ's chive egg white salad in pita with seedless red grapes (my new obsession after having them daily in palm springs, they are very firm & sweeter than green). then for dinner i think i am going to make these TJ's marscapone raviolis i got a few weeks ago with some red sauce and mushrooms and eat my portion earlier and save the rest for greg when he gets home tonite for dinner.

random note, but i think i mentioned how when we were on vacation we'd eaten these massive breakfasts and then no lunch and i had smaller dinners. it seemed like i lost a little bit on the vacation as well. i was wondering if maybe that was because we were mixing up the food thing a bit and doing a super large breakfast up front. i have read things about how breakfast should be your largest meal because you have all day to burn it off and it helps fuel your body better than a later bigger dinner. so i am wondering if maybe my body liked that...the problem is that it's really hard for me to eat a big breakfast and then go and be active...i get really sluggish afterwards, which is fine for vacation when you are just laying around the pool for hours, but when you have to go and do a hike or go to work and be moving around and mentally active, it's hard for me to be weighed down with a large breakfast. so i don't think i could incorporate that if i wanted to really. but interesting food for thought anyway.

rod i love grocery shopping actually, it's relaxing for me. so have fun. skip sorry to hear about the nixed hike but i'm sure you'll be active another way. kim kudos on avoiding the strange bbq meal food...ribs sound tasty. phx sounds like a fun vacation trip, welcome back. marcy, yeah i have been raised around hills and valleys, you don't really think about it til you hear it's different elsewhere hehe. jas...i hear ya on the 'where the body wants to be' thing, i am totally feeling like that too. really my body seems quite happy where it's at...which is about 5 lbs over the smallest i was able to get down to, which is fine, but i would like to get back down a few lbs if possible but not sacrifice muscle. so we'll see if this trainer can help me with that. but on the other hand, i am all about living my life as well, and enjoying it. so i just try to keep the balance going.
2.gif
oh and i used to love solid gold and according to my mom i'd dance around the room and say i was going to be a solid gold dancer when i grew up. with the 3 of us, oh the possibilities are limitless.
9.gif

anyhow hope everyone is having a great happy sunday...enjoy!!!

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/17/2007 10:56:39 AM
Author: Mara
morning all. gosh who knew that routine could be so fabulous (are you listening rod?! hehe)...i delighted in waking up this morning in my own bed with portia sacked out beside me yet giving me the wide eye, coming down, making my coffee, making my cereal and fruit and sitting here reading the posts. who knew?! hehe. i will def be happy to be home for a while. greg got to the other side of the US safely and texted me last nite so that''s a relief. i really wish he was coming home on saturday so we''d have one day together but oh well.

ally good for you for starting to dress shop...and don''t worry you will be able to alter something if you do lose those few lbs, it''s not like you have 20 lbs to lose!! so i think you''ll be fine looking around now and then continuing your new good habits. personally i like plainer dresses too...remember that you can always jazz them up with jewelry or a more embellished veil etc...so i would still go for what you like (but take note of what he likes as well)...honestly i think he will be so happy seeing you walk down the aisle towards him that it won''t matter what you have on!

and yes if you read a little about working out, you will see that your metabolism gets higher after working out and stays that way for a bit of time. some people say 1-2 hours but my trainer said 3 and i have read that elsewhere as well. so for me i started thinking well hmm if i do like 2 35 minute chunks of workout time a day and get my heart rate up enough, i might be getting the benefits of 6 hours of slightly higher burn (i have read 10-15% of higher burn so you could burn an extra like 100 or 150 cals in the 3 hours or something) instead of doing like one 1.5 hour workout for just 3 hours. but i don''t always have time to do 2 smaller workouts so i just play it by ear.

really also building muscle will help your metabolism become higher naturally and stay that way. so if you are not already lifting weights be sure you are. lastly, one thing my trainer told me which i thought was so true, is that you just shouldn''t work out just to burn cals. she was saying she has people who are working out 45 min each day and going ''but im not losing any weight''. she asked them, well are you tracking heart rate? are you working hard enough? or just going through the motions for 45 minutes and not really giving it your 1000%. if so you might as well just be sitting on the couch. so you need to get your heart rate up high enough during a workout to really reap the benefits. i typically get my heart rate into the fat burn category if not cardio (ellip gets me into cardio, walking typically only into fat burn but i imagine when i am hiking it''s more in cardio range)...so i know at least i am doing what i need to, but i could probably do more...aka walk faster or similar. anyway something to think about, as you could be doing 30 min of exercise but if it''s not at a high enough level, it may not be jump starting your body at all.

DJ/linda, i have had those mini hostess cakes and yes they are a nice sub but unfortunately i like the real thing. i have found that if i just cut them in half horizontally and discard the bottom half (all cake and a bit of white inside frosting) that i can enjoy the top of the real thing and it''s way more satisfying than the 3 mini ones honestly!! i don''t know that i am cuting the cals in half as im sure the frosting has a lot too but at least it''s not as bad as eating the whole cake. hehee. but i have them SO rarely, like maybe 2-3x a year. at least the little ones have fiber!!

anyhow time to get off to work and torture myself with all the hassle of returning after 4 days away...it''s my coworkers bday so i got her a few cute goodies, we make a big deal of bdays at the office which is super fun for the bday person but the rest of us just get caught in eatingandslackergasms so today may or may not be super productive with both ''health'' and ''work''. we shall see. tonite i was thinking i''d just go work out and then hang out with princess p on the couch and catch up on tv (so you think you can dance season finale has been tivod!) and just have a relaxing evening for once. i might get sushi but it really depends on what else i eat today at work. if i give in and have 2 donuts, maybe cereal is for dinner again! LOL.

rod hope your procedure is going well/went well, keep us posted and enjoy your fri evening routine...and hope everyone else is having a fabulous (ala not PANTS) day!!!
2.gif
Mara, thank you for posting this. I think this may be what is going on with me. I am not pushing myself hard enough. Kind of going through the motions, you know, but not seeing great results. I''m going to work in a bit more intensity and work my way up to a more challenging workout. Thanks!

Rod, I''ve been following your story and I''m thinking of you. You are quite the inspiration on this board! Hope you are in less discomfort now and will be receiving some good news soon.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL Mara, I DON'T like grocery shopping. I seem to lack the patience to find what I'm looking for. Most grocery stores are too big and I think they move things around to purposely confuse you and ensure you have to walk up and down every single blasted aisle. Papertowels are on 3, no 4, no 6, back to 3 then 11. Agghhhhhhhhhh...........Charlie on the other hand finds grocery shopping to be a nice distraction.

Diamond, thanks for the comment that I'm inspirational. It's nice to hear that. I don't think of myself as such, but I do surely appreciate the compliment.

Skippy, yes, we do switch cars from time to time. They are jointly owned as is every asset we have, so if sir Charlie wants a convertible sometime, he'll just take my car. And there will be times when I think having a coupe will be fun, so I'll take his.

Good for you not letting yourself off the workout hook there Jas. Sometimes, it is really hard to be motivated to workout when you're feeling a little icky, but often it's the best thing you can do for yourself!

Great job on the barbeque kimi.....I LOVE barbeque, so I'm not sure I could have shown such restraint!

I did the grocery shopping, then met Charlie for some lunch and coffee under the 'oak' tree. It's warm today (ok hot), but it's lower in humidity and VERY breezy, so sitting outside wasn't bad at all. Since we had lunch kind of late, we just got snacky foods for dinner from our favorite independent grocer. Steamed shrimp with Old Bay seasoning, this amazing key west shrimp salad they make, a couple pieces of barbequed chicken and some grilled veggie salad. Nothing needs preparation. YAY, but it will all be good.

Probably not doing anything unusual tonight. We'll likely have coffee out again, but I had hoped to feeling up to a nice long walk, but the doctor said as long as there was any bleeding, I still need to take it easy. So, Rod will take it easy, which isn't exactly easy.

I hope everyone's having a nice Sunday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday all!

This morning I did 65 mins on the elliptical and then some free weights for my arms. I''ve been pretty good foodwise in an attempt to make up for NOT being good at all at the cook out last night. Tonight we''re having Mexican, but the concession I make is to have wine instead of margaritas because is so much of a calorie savings.
9.gif

Kimi, I started "Atonement" by Ian Mcwen last night. I was looking for something lightweight to put in my purse for today''s open house and it is the only paperback I had. Really, though, it''s turning out to be pretty good. Did you read "Saturday" by him? I liked it but other people I know gave it mixed reviews.

Linda, I has a couple bites the cookies while they were still warm. The HH actually brought them up and fed them to me in the shower to get my opinion on how long to cook them. I did have a whole one at the party but somehow they were better in the shower...

Marcy, what is a dump cake?

PG, hopefully your sister will pass on the bracelet and you''ll have a nice "new" piece to add to your collection!

Ellen, aren''t bakers supposed to get at the crack of dawn? At least that''s what I remember from those "gotta make the donuts" commercials. You''ll have to sneak in and set your assistant''s alarm the night before.
11.gif

Rod, I know how hard it is, but when you gotta take it easy you gotta take it easy. Hang in there for a little while longer.

Jas, too funny about the guys gawking at the planes! I do have to laugh though at the people who swivel their heads around like Regan from The Exorcist and can''t figure out why they can''t find the planes. Doppler effect anyone?

Stephi, no worries about my husband and I getting divorced. He stuck with me because I''m sure no one else would have me!

Mara, we have a couple of tapas places near us but we don''t make it to them as often as we should. Hmmm... maybe next weekend.

Hello Diamondsrock!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone,

Well it was a hard weekend. My guy''s dad had a coronary bypass surgery 4 weeks ago and has developed some pretty severe complications from the surgery including pericarditis (inflammation in the envelope surrounding the heart) with fluid, and a pulmonary edema. On friday we finally forced him to go to the hospital (kicking and screaming...literally). I''m just frustrated about the care he''s been getting. I have seen some rampant stupidty on the parts of the doctors at this hospital

a) they accidently gave him an insulin shot he didn''t need (they then had to take his sugar level at every hour). The doctor actually administered the shot personally and didn''t bother to check if it was the RIGHT patient.
b) gave him too high a dose of duretic
c) Failed to get into contact with his cardiac surgeon OR his cardiologist so they had no knowledge of his past coronary bypass surgery.

I don''t know if I am being too hard on the doctors, but being a med student, I really hope I don''t make any such mistake.

Aside from that, I ate pretty well. Went a little crazy yesturday (it''s my last weekend before school starts) and I wanted a treat. No movement on the scale (either up or down) so I''m really happy about that. Tonight I''m planning on having a pastery which they call a *beaver tail* here in Canada, bascially some friend dough with a a topping like chocolate, whipped cream, etc. I''ve been waiting for this all summer, and they tend to stop selling them in the late summer, so I want to get one in this year. I think sometimes, you need a special treat.

See everyone on Monday!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Afternoon All,

Rod, I really didn''t show much restraint...the food wasn''t worth the calories!

Deejay, I read Saturday many years ago and recall little about it. Atonement is sitting in a stack of "books to read" right now, tell me what you think. I am about 1/2 way through Tom Wolf''s I Am Charlotte Simmons. I loved, loved, loved Bonfire of the Vanities and think this book is almost as good.

Alley, I''m so sorry about your soon to be FIL''s health issues. Enjoy your treats.

We went down to Shelter Island (which is really an isthmus) and walked 5.5 miles. It felt great. We''re going to go out for dinner tonight, don''t know where.

Happy evening all.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all!!!

it's pretty warm here today....but i have been pretty productive hehe. went for my hike with my mom, we did 5miles on a more sedate hill rise and fall path...funny but it was so easy for me after friday...i was almost cracking up at how my body was probably like OH THIS...SURE..we can EASILY do this one. but my legs were still sore this morning so they were more sore after haha. but the strenuousness of today's hike was nothing after friday.

after showering and having lunch, went to black sea gallery as they are having a huge blowout corporate sale thing...i was intrigued by this comfy chaise lounge thing...we want one for downstairs by the french doors and windows...replacing this ficus that has been slowly dying for a few years now. we have been talking about getting a chair/ottoman or chaise for a while and now i am suddenly really motivated. they had this cute cream one in stock, super comfy and only $850 but the problem is it's a stock piece and the material is almost like a microfleece. i love the styling and look of it but not sure how great it will feel to be reclining on a soft plushy microfleece thing in the middle of the summer. plus cleaning? hmm.

so then went to C&B to check out what they had for furniture and also to peruse their new fall decor stock stuff. every few months i buy a few new vases or candles or accent pieces for the house and kind of jazz things up and move things around so that we're not looking at the same things all year round. i'm funny like that. i also switch out pillow covers every few months, cream and greens in summer and more fall jewel tones in the winter. most of our furniture including couch is neutral browns and creams so i use color to accent thru the house. came home with this large fun bulbous wood vase, a new table runner for fall, and also i found these super cute tiny bowls that are 5oz each, for ice cream. i am tired of trying to weigh and guess what my ice cream bowls are. these are 5 oz so i will know for sure. and they are tiny green ceramic with brown on the outside so fun too. also came home armed with 3-4 options on the chaise lounge thing for downstairs living room. my two faves are this chair and a half that has modern styling but super plush comfy feel with ottoman and then this leather chair and a half which was like HEAVEN and also has an ottoman as well. leather is more expensive but not by too much ... so i want to take greg with me next wkd to see what he thinks. also they had 2 chaise lounge items with no side arms which i don't love but he might...they WERE comfy.

anyhow, now i am going to do some garden work and watering...finish up cleaning some of the office...i didn't get all the way done but made great progress and it looks much better. i cleaned up much of the house too. greg is flying home right now...i'm picking him up later...and i think i am making myself the TJ's marscapone raviolis for dinner with a salad and then he can have some when he gets home later. he said he is bringing me an edible present so i am excited to see what type of dessert thing he bought me hahaa. he's been trying to fatten me up...and has been threatening to get me pregnant just so my boobs and butt would grow back. LOL!
5.gif

sounds like everyone is out enjoying their sunday, DJ i love spanish tapas esp if the food is amazing which this place totally is. i want to go there weekly practically. hehee. diamondsrock, yeah i hear ya on things being slow, just stick with it and maybe do try to up the heart rate a bit next workouts and see what happens.

have a great rest of the day/night all!!!

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
hi everyone!

First off - Rod, I am SO happy to hear that the biopsy went off without any problems and will continue to cross my fingers that the results will be good ones.

Allycat - sorry to hear about your Dad. That is really scary and frustrating. I worked in a hospital for about 5 years doing research on cardiac conditions in the emergency room and I think I am pretty critical of the standard of care I expect for my family when things happen - but, I don''t apologize for it and I think it''s a good think for you to stay on top of. I hope it all works out for your father.

Mara - YAY for your husband coming back. I hate when I travel or DF travels and always look forward to the coming home again part.

Well, the baby shower is over - after MUCH drama. What is it about these things that brings out the "crazy" in people? We did pretty much all of the food low fat and/or low cal and everyone loved it. So no guilt. Tonite I am recovering with turkey burgers and a TALL beer!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2007 5:18:50 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

Ellen, aren't bakers supposed to get at the crack of dawn? At least that's what I remember from those 'gotta make the donuts' commercials. You'll have to sneak in and set your assistant's alarm the night before.
11.gif
lol.gif
I could do that...

Skippy, thanks for the freezing tip, although, with these guys I doubt getting rid of them before they get stale will be a problem.

We need a "munching" smilie.
11.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whooooo hooooo, I just got back from a 4.5 mile walk/jog in 92 degree weather!!!!! lol, I am a nuttball; I drank a huge jug of water, wowe it is hot!

Yesterday I had a sort of crappy day (ended up w/a mirgraine for some reason) so my super sweet mom bought me a dozen roses and stargazer lily's. My mom is so sweet and our house smells YUMMY today! BTW, yesterday I spent 1 hr 1/2 w/the PT/Professor who is making my insoles. I learned so much about my knees and feet and hip; I hope to get relief soon, and I am actually doing lots better or I could have never walked/jogged today!!!
36.gif

Sounds like everyone is doing well. Sorry, Alley; I am glad you are a good advocate for your fil and you will make a good empathetic doctor!
Hey Kimi, whoooo for the hike
Rod, I love grocery shopping; it is so relaxing, but that is only during the day (forget the weekends). The bmw like yours was parked out front in my neighborhood and the top was down so I had to get a peak; they are gorgeous!
Mara, yay Greg comes home soon.
Hey Tdiddy & ya for the shower!
Heya sweet Ellen!

Happy Sunday all
35.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
happy sunday, all!

aloha from paradise. hubby and i are having a fantastic time here in maui. got in fri afternoon, settled in and went to an awesome sushi joint for grub and karaoke. yesterday, we went up to haleakala. amazing views!! we had every intent to go on a hike once we got to the summit, but we underestimated how thin the air would be at 10k feet. plus, it was super windy and easily 15 degrees cooler than at the base. so we just walked around the observation tower and just took in the view. simply stunning! we also visited south maui (wailea) and lahaina town. walked around a ton! eventually made it back to the hotel and then walked over to whalers village for dinner. Kimberly, we tried to get into Hula Grill, but it was packed (45 m wait at 8p). so we went to Leilani''s across the way and eventually got in. had a lovely dinner of local fish with a tomato and maui onion salad.

today is my birthday! went to brunch at the plantation house at kapalua. i had a hankering for eggs benedict so had their version w/ crab (paired with a guavamosa- guava juice w/ champagne) the view there was sooooo pretty, overlooking the plantation golf course, and kapalua bay. we''ve been lounging by the pool all day, and will head into lahaina for dinner tonite at david paul''s. can''t wait!

tomorrow i head to honolulu for biz in the late afternoon, and hubby heads home.
7.gif

i''m hoping to catch up on everyone''s threads here in a sec.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bon soir, WWTr''s! I''m back from my weekend in the country at my parents'' home, I had a really nice time and the weather was absolutely beautiful. They''ve had yucky hot weather for the last month and it just cooled off there while I was in town, they were thanking me for bringing good weather! They''re getting their house ready to put on the market and everything they''ve done looks fabulous...it makes me wish they''d stay there forever now but it''s just too much house in too remote of an area for a 60-something couple to stay in for many more years. I walked around the land quite a bit trying to absorb as much as I could and remember all the adventures I had there as a kid, this may be the last time I''ll get to visit there before they sell. I took the puppy, Daisy, with me and she didn''t quite know what to make of all the deer we saw, there was a mama deer with twin fawns who were running around and playing and Daisy just stopped and stared for a good 5 minutes trying to figure out what they were, I think, it was so cute. I ate really well this weekend, they always have tons of fresh local produce on hand...breakfast this morning for example was half a canteloupe, a white nectarine, and a separate dish of a yellow heirloom tomato that was about the best tomato I''ve ever tasted, with a slice of whole wheat toast. Simple, no frills, but delicious.

I drove back up to Chicago tonight and it''s raining cats and dogs and has been all weekend (out here in the burbs anyway), but at least it''s cool enough now that we don''t have the A/C running and my plants weren''t all scorched up when I got home (DH sometimes ''forgets'' to water them for me
2.gif
). Poor hubby has a golf outing at a c.club in Geneva tomorrow that he organizes every year for his industry and it''s iffy that golf will happen at all due to the amount of rain we''ve had this weekend. Worse case scenario I guess will be no carts on the course so I may have a sore, as well as exhausted, man on my hands tomorrow night when he gets home.

I start my new job Tuesday, so tomorrow I''ll spend the day making sure laundry is done and the house is clean, then I plan to do a little shopping for odds and ends I need for my work wardrobe, and then get a manicure...I may or may not fit in a workout, I''ll see what the weather is like and try to plan accordingly.

Sorry, no personal notes tonight...after being away from the thread a couple of days I get too overwhelmed trying to comment on all the happenings here! Sounds like everyone had a good weekend for the most part, though...see you all in the new week!
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monnie, awwww, selling the house brought a tear to my eye thinking about your good times w/your cows and enjoying the outdoors. I am glad you had the weekened to enjoy it!!!!

Charger, HAPPY BIRTHDAY and ALOOOOOHA
emotion-19.gif
emcake.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I tried on all my coats today and decided there was just no way that I could wear them this year. They are all at least 3 sizes too big. So I ordered a polar fleece jacket and a winter coat from land’s end. I kept trying to find “cheaper” ones but they were not nearly as nice and saved me only about 20 to 40%. I am so excited. The coat is rated down to -20. Maybe for once I won’t go through a winter FREEZING to death. Someone once told me being cold burns calories. That must be an old wives tale because as cold as I always am; I’d be skin and bones.
Thank you PhoenixGirl, I think I dropped about another ½ pound today. It seems like I’ve been so busy for the last few weeks I must be burning off lots of calories. It sounds like you had a nice time on your trip and your few extra pounds will come right back off. I am glad to hear your mom liked her pendant. I thought it was really pretty in your post about it. The tennis bracelet you mom found sounds nice. That is funny you liked bling at a young age. My 2nd grade school photo is evidence I started young. I had on a bracelet and held my arm up so you can see it in the picture. LOL!!! I was very proud of that cheap little trinket.
Hi Ellen. I hope you get rolls made soon.
Rod, I am delighted to hear you are feeling better. Your chicken sandwich sounds marvelous. I am so excited to hear you are having so much fun driving your new car. Once Charlie’s gets here you’ll have to take turns taking your new toys out for a spin.
Kimberly, I am glad you survived the BBQ. I baked BBQ ribs in the oven today. My 2 little ones were sure good. My DH ate lunch at the golf course after his tournament. Too bad I had his lunch all ready for him when he got home. Aak! Oh well, the ribs will be great to warm up for supper tomorrow night. I hope your walk along the coast was as pleasant as it sounds.
Jas, LOL at being a solid gold dancer. I am glad you are feeling healthy. That is the most important thing we can work towards. I’d also be gawking at the planes flying over.
Thank you, Skippy. I am glad to hear you slept in today. Sometimes that is nice. I never get to sleep in during the summer; my DH always plays golf and has an early tee time. If he gets up, I’m awake and once I’m awake I am up for the day. Even as a toddler I wouldn’t take naps. It drove my nap loving parents and sisters CRAZY!
I hope everyone had a great weekend and will have a wonderful week.
36.gif

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops, I missed a page of posts.
Mara, I am sure you are glad to have Greg at home. That is nice you got to sleep in today. If I eat a big breakfast it fills me up so much I have trouble eating my total calories the rest of the day. I know they say you should start off the day with a good breakfast. The walk with your mom sounds nice.
Diamondsrock, good luck with kicking up your workouts another notch or two. It sounds like a great plan.
Rod, keep taking it easy and enjoy your days of leisure.
DeeJay, a dump cake is easy to make and very tasty. You take a can of cherry pie filing, a can of crushed pineapple and mix them (juice and all) in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Then you dump a yellow cake mix on top and spread it out. Then you melt a stick of butter and pour it on top of the cake mix and bake it at 350 for 30 minutes. My SIL said “this tastes like seconds” when she tried it yesterday. It’s not low cal but certainly quick and quickly disappears.
Allycat, sorry to hear about your guy’s father. I hope he gets better soon. Your treat sounds marvelous.
Kimberly, your long walk sounds great. I like it when there is nothing but bad food around to eat, it makes it so much easier to not indulge.
Tdiddy, I am glad to hear the baby shower is over. Enjoy your beer.
Skippy, sorry to hear about your migraine. I hope you are doing better. That is great to hear your knee is doing better.
Happy Birthday, ChargerGirl. I am delighted to hear you are having a terrific time in Hawaii.
Monarch, it sounds like you had a lovely time visiting your parents and strolling down memory lane. Their home sounds very nice.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow marcy that cake sounds interesting, what does it taste like? i bet it would be not too bad if not for the 'stick of butter'...haha. wonder if you could replace that with applesauce or something. hmmm. what does 'it tastes like seconds' mean?

so greg just got home, whew!! his mom sent a bunch of her famous brownies home with him for me...yikes! i suggested we keep them til tomorrow evening when we have sushi with the neighbors and share them for dessert. that way instead of me eating them all, it's 4 of us. hehee.

for dinner i ended up having a TJ chicken and artichoke pizza, yummy. then portia and i went for a ~1.5m walk around the neighborhoods and i let her into the park to play, she loves racing around it. now greg is showering and will finish his sandwich and chips that his mom made him and it's bedtime. i may have some slow churned mint choco chip ice cream..my cals today are only at about 1100 which is very low for me but i just don't feel like eating too much right now. some ice cream will be tasty though!! in my little 5oz bowl too. and far healthier than the brownies hehe.

happy bday CG and sounds like you guys had a fab few days in hawaii!! hope everyone had a fab evening, monday is just around the corner, WAH!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results