shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 13th Aug till 19th Aug

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

Well, you will be pleased to know that the PANTSY weather seems to have partially left and we are having a little bit of sun occasionally!
emhot.gif
Makes a pleasant change!

Hot Bod Rod, thanks so much for sharing your pics of your new dreammobile - it is so yummo and as a Beemer driver myself, I am jealous! But you deserve it! Nice view too!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I was thinking about the benefits of working out that we can't see and have mentioned before, but it is often worth pondering about how valuable this is. With each workout our bodies grow fitter, fat burns faster, our cardiovascular system becomes more efficient, bones get stronger etc etc. Also we are helping to prevent many potential diseases and conditions from developing. So as we all do, if you are having a particularly blah workout, try to think of the good it is still doing you even if on that particular day it isn't enjoyable! Also if * scale and /or inch* results are slow to happen for you, KNOW that healthy changes are taking place and that with each workout you are improving your health even if the scales are being sooo frustrating!!

So keep going folks, you are all doing superbly well!!
35.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
emhot.gif
Good morning! lorelei thanks for remindeing me that i''m working out for the greater good of my inside and that my outside is just the icing on a healthy cake. sometimes we get so wrapped up in how the scale hasn''t moved or inches that won''t budge that we feel like giving up, but we tend to forget that working out and eating right does wonderful things for your overall health. so even if you can''t see a change, you have to remember that your insides are healthier and fit.
9.gif

i bet rod is going to be MIA this week seeing how he''s hot roddin'' around town in his SWEET ride. Congrats and best of luck with your car.....if you get bored of driving it send it over to ny and i''ll take it for a spin
2.gif
. don''t forget to workout when you pull into the gym. sitting in your car while others gawk at hot rod in the hot car isn''t a workout. lol

have a great week all!
35.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Alright, as for me this weekend was SO-SO. I went away to a beautiful resort in the mountains. With food included. On friday night I was normal, on Saturday night ate normally. And Sunday.....well my intentions were good
40.gif
. Actually not even. It was open brunch, so I went a little crazy. And had Macdonald''s for supper. I know, I know. Horrible. Not a calorie that isn''t pure poopy. Oh yes. And a blizzard. But what can you do, these things happen. It wasn''t a binge, just a very big treat. The scale hasn''t moved. I think I should be thankful it didn''t move up or down. So sad to say that after all that, I''ve only lost one pound, but I''m feeling really motivated and rested. Happy Monday everyone!

Chrono: I did want to say congrats on slipping under the 150 barrier last week!

Lorelei! I love your weekly introduction thread! It always feels like we''re starting all over again!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great opener as usual Lorelei and thanks for the kudo's on the new ride!

NYC, I promise, I'll actually drive to the gym, get out and go in. Must remember to leave car with gym bag in hand.........LOL

Monnie, Charlie's recipe isn't anything unusual, so I don't want to make it sound like it is, but I think the seasoning combo he uses is the key to the success of the salad. Anyway, here's what he uses:

Fresh Tomato (cut in chunks, not sliced)
Sweet Onion (Like Vidalia) Sliced
Cucumber Slices
Oil
Vinegar
Lowry's Season Salt
Lowry's Season Pepper
Lowry's Garlic w/Parsley (not salt, just garlic)

He mixes to taste, doesn't use a specific amount, then let's it marinade for a while and it's just such a good treat to me.

Happy Monday everyone! I had a great drive into work this morning in the new car!! It's Sushi Monday, so no workout tonight. YAY.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for a great encouragement to start the day and week, Lorelei.
Good morning, NYC
Wow, you had a great weekend Ally. Don''t sweat the occasional bad food, as long as you keep the longterm goal in mind and keep good eating habits most of the time, it''ll work out all right in the end.
I''m envious of that yummy salad Charlie whipped up for you, Rod.

I''m busy with last minute packing and shopping for my 2 week trip home to my inlaws. I''m NOT looking forward to the 20 hour flight (transit time not included) with an infant and preschooler. My to-do list is getting longer but time is getting shorter.
14.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning everyone and Happy Monday.
35.gif
We are eating breakfast at Mimi’s this morning on the way to Denver to pick up my rings. Woo hoo (not for Mimi’s but for my rings)!!!! We still have to unpack the back of the truck but everything else is unpacked and put back in place.
All the walking this weekend helped me loose .8 of a pound putting me very close to minus 116 pounds. Yippee.
36.gif

Lorelei, thank you for reminding us how important exercising is for our bodies, our health and our soul. Everything extra step, stretch, crunch, weight lift, etc. we do improves us in so many ways and certainly makes us feel better. I am so glad to hear the weather is improving there.
Hi NYC, mmm icing on the cake. D’oh! Oh yeah you said “healthy” so that’s like plain angel food cake which is so yummy as well.
Allycat, your weekend sounds wonderful. I am glad to hear you feel motivated and rested.
Rod, Charlie’s recipe sounds yummy. I’ll have to try that. Enjoy the ride to and from work today.
Hi Chrono! Your flight sounds like a long, long time. You’ll loose a few pounds just keeping up with an infant and a preschooler. I hope you have a nice time with your visit at the inlaws.
Laters,
Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all for the kind words!

Chrono have a safe trip and a wonderful time!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelie, thank you so much for the wonderful opening.
Everyday without fail rain or shine
emhot.gif
this older gentleman and his little dog walk around my neighborhood. I saw him today while I was walking and I say hi but I am not as faithful as him at walking. Well, today I said that is awesome you walk no matter what. He told me the dog needs exercise and he is diabetic and it is important to him. I was happy he cared about his health. It also made me think that diabetes runs in my family and it is important to me to take care of my health so thank you for the reminder Lorelei because I think sometimes I get caught up in numbers and not why it is important.

I walked 4 miles this morning
9.gif

Hey NYC!

Allycat, I am glad you had a nice time in the moutains.

Chrono, 20 hour flight, yikes, I bet it will be fun to get away and enjoy time with the inlaws. Have a safe trip!

Marcy, yay for going for a fun trip!

Hey Rod; yay for working out and taking the bmw for a spin
9.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Monday Friends!

Rod, that car is gee-orgeous! And you and Charlie, such handsome devlis!

Marcy, what a wonderful feeling, I''m sure to have had such a different experience on your excursion, ladder climbing and all. I''m so thrilled for you and your 115.8 lb weight loss! You are so amazing!

Alley, your weekend sounds relaxing. You really need to beat the whole concept of losing weight quickly out of your mind, it''s simply not realistic.

Chrono, have a safe trip.

We had such a nice evening. We went to the concert and stayed for about 1.5 hours, got in a lot of walking too as the upper lot was filled so we had to park way below the park and chose to walk up the hill instead of taking the shuttle. We went to the pub for dinner, split some onion rings (I had 5) and J had fried shrimp for dinner, I had an antipasto salad, ate about 1/2 of my greens and 1/2 the meat. It was yummy. Detoured to the store on the way home to pick up a few greeting cards and then came home. All in all a very nice day.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/13/2007 10:38:14 AM
Author: Skippy123
Lorelie, thank you so much for the wonderful opening.
Everyday without fail rain or shine
emhot.gif
this older gentleman and his little dog walk around my neighborhood. I saw him today while I was walking and I say hi but I am not as faithful as him at walking. Well, today I said that is awesome you walk no matter what. He told me the dog needs exercise and he is diabetic and it is important to him. I was happy he cared about his health. It also made me think that diabetes runs in my family and it is important to me to take care of my health so thank you for the reminder Lorelei because I think sometimes I get caught up in numbers and not why it is important.

I walked 4 miles this morning
9.gif

Hey NYC!

Allycat, I am glad you had a nice time in the moutains.

Chrono, 20 hour flight, yikes, I bet it will be fun to get away and enjoy time with the inlaws. Have a safe trip!

Marcy, yay for going for a fun trip!

Hey Rod; yay for working out and taking the bmw for a spin
9.gif
Way to go Skippy, Way to go!!!

I''m sure you''ll be so glad to get your sparkly friends back Marcy!! I remember when I had to have my ring resized, I missed it, but was so pleased to know it was being made smaller because of my healthier lifestyle!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to be able to help Skippers! There is diabetes in my family too and other health issues so I remind myself of the good I am doing in helping to hopefully prevent some of these conditions. Also osteoporosis is a risk for me too, with my back especially - I really want to do what I can to prevent it, so it is a good motivator if you don't feel that you are losing pounds or inches as quickly as you would like, to remember the benefits we can't see. Working out is a superb investment in our health.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimberly,
I never had antipasto; what is in it? Is it like pasta salad? Yay for walking and enjoying the concert!
9.gif

ETA: Thanks sweetie pie Rod!

Mrs. Salvo, oh, I always feel bad for moms dropping their baby's off at school for the first time. I am glad your daughter is excited; yay for sneaking in a workout.

Lorelei, yes, I don't like weight lifting but you are right about doing it for our bones; thanks for that awesome reminder.
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
good morning everyone..

i had to take my oldest to kindergarten today. she was fine and excited, i was
39.gif
. anyway, they only have a 1/2 day so I get to pick her up in a bit
36.gif
. i''m getting ready to squeeze in a trip to the gym and am excited to get back on a gym schedule. hope everyone has a happy monday!!

yay for the 4 miles skippy..
great opener lorelei as usual..
chrono, hope you have a wonderful trip
Rod..yay for the new car and sushi monday!!
allycat-we all have so/so weekends, just hop back on the train today..
marcy-congrats on the .8lbs..you''re such and inspiration...
kimi, glad you had a nice weekend..

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
missed the car pics int the other thread and just went back to look!!

HOT BOD ROD (and Charlie) the car looks great and you two are a couple of hottie's. i think you're both lucky to have each other...oh and a HUGE thank you for the pics of the Oak tree. what a perfect spot!! when I finally make it back to Tampa, we'll have to meet up at that tree for some coffee!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, antipasto salads are made lots of different ways, but they all include Italian meats, cheese, and veggies. Mine was served over a bed of lettuce, which isn''t typical, at least not in my experience.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning and happy week all. i wish i was sleeping zzzz in bed but unfortunately vacation is way over and it's back to daily routine, wah!! and not even daily routine since i am traveling today til thurs...so WAY off daily routine. oh well.

yesterday was a busy day...the jazz festival was pretty fun and i wished we had gotten out there earlier than we did but this wkd ended up being busier than we expected considering we really didn't have plans. so we went for about an hour and a half but there were so many stages you really needed way more time. danced some salsa with my dad (i don't know how at all but he has been taking lessons and loves it and is quite good so i just tried not to step on his toes)...then we listened to some latin jazz with some famous names on the main stage for a while...i really like latin jazz, it makes you just want to dance. then we had dinner at this local place with my parents, as it's been some time since we have seen them and spent some time with them. the place for dinner was kind of a fancier steakhouse kind of place (way better than mortons and about similarly priced) and we love this place, they are so unpretentious so even though we walked in shorts they could care less. hehee. for dinner i had a crab louie with vinaigrette on the side and then had a few 'picks' here and there of a side of mac and cheese, some roasted asparagus, some tastes of my mom's lentil soup, and some bread with butter. after that i felt comfortable but this place has amazing dessert so i was thinking i would have a splurge...my friend told me they had some new smores dessert so i tried that and my mom got the fresh apple cobbler (they have cobbler specials which are always soo good). we really just needed one dessert as after sharing the two with the table, i was so full.

we walked over and were going to walk home, but it was pretty chilly and windy last nite so my parents drove us. when we got home, we put on pants and took portia for a 1m walk, then it was bedtime. i was also super thirsty, like high sodium thirsty, so not sure what was so salty in my dinner but i think i drank like 3 or 4 8oz glasses of water before bed, which just made me feel even more full which really sucked!! but i knew at least i was helping my body process the dinner hahaa.

this morning i am getting ready for my flight and trip, pretty much all packed, it's funny because i really didn't unpack any toiletries or anything from the palm springs trip because i figured why bother? so at least this way i feel more confident i'm not 'forgetting' anything hehee. but who knows, i always forget something.
2.gif

breakfast this AM is TJ's organic morning lite with some corn flakes and almond milk...i really like the TJ's organic morning light better than kashi go lean actually. so anyone who goes to TJ's who likes the idea of the kashi golean but wants more flavor rather than crunchy twigs...try this. it has similar nutrtionals, 130 cals for 1c and 9g fiber but only 3g protein. but low in sodium, like 1 or 2g of fat, so pretty good for an option esp for fiber. for those looking to up the protein, you can add 1c fat free milk with it for 9g protein and 90 cals.

going for a 2-3m walk in about an hour to get some activity in this morning before sitting for 3.5 hours on a flight. tonite i plan to eat on my own (or pair with my boss and just eat healthily) and work out as well. meetings on tues and wed are like 7am to 5pm and then we have special dinners each night. i heard from other coworkers they have good steak where we will be (minnesota) so i figure i'll get some protein in with lean meats over the next few days for dinner. as long as no one wants dessert i'm fine...hehee. i had the massive dessertgasm last nite...way too full.

i have been really good about not overeating...ally you and me are similar in that if i want something i want a lot of it...esp if i love it. it's very hard for me to stop eating something yummy. believe it or not it's easier for me to have ZERO of something than just 'some'. this is why a lot of times i don't like it when people are like 'oh just TRY this'...because once i try it, i want it! also i try to remember how uncomfortable that super full feeling is when you eat too much and how long it takes to go away. last nite was the first time in maybe 3-4 weeks i have felt like that. and i hated it! so i just have to remind myself of that next time. i also have been trying to leave about 1/3 or 1/4 of whatever i am eating on the plate even if i want to continue eating which i have been pretty good at, practice makes perfect.
5.gif

anyhow, lorelei thanks for the reminder about the insides as well as the outside, so true and something i would keep telling myself when the scale would not be a positive number or similar. at least my insides are happier for all the hard work i have done in the last year+ with my eating and working out.

rod, that recipe looks yummy, that is similar to one that i made with sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, some feta cheese and then i use a light italian dressing with extra spices, and let it all marinate together for a few hours. it's kind of a diff take on the typical 'greek' salad...which i love! great summer salad.

hope everyone is gearing up for a good monday...or in the swing of it. have a great week all, not sure when i can check in but i will be reading hopefully...hehe. i love living vicariously. oh and ROD the new car is awesome and you and charlie are so fit and trim....!!! enjoy the sweet ride!! i am still loving my mini big time.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kimi (glad you enjoyed the concert), Mrssalvo (I would love to take you up on meeting under our favorite oak tree at Starbucks!!), and Mara (have a good trip and glad you''re still loving the Mini!). Have a good trip too Chrono!

The day''s going by too slowly for me. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate and I can put the top down tonight going to or from dinner. I still haven''t been able to drive it top down as it''s either been to hot or rainy. Of course if it rains, then I have to wipe it down tonight (which would be the 3rd night to do that - can''t have a dirty new car, can we? Of course not!).

I hope everyone''s day is going well so far.

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
Rod - the car is FAB! i love the mix of the exterior and interior - the leather is so rich in color. i''d be playing hooky for sure if i had that car in lived in tampa
2.gif

Skippy - 4 miles is awesome! you are starting the week off great!

marcyc - have fun getting those rings back.

kimberlyh - i love antipasto! that sounds delicious.

mrssalvo - awww, so cute about your daughter starting school. i can''t image how hard that has to be....but i bet she will just love it.

well, crazy family birthday weekend again. these summer weekends always have something going on. and while i love to spend time with my family, my mom insists on making every thing we love to eat and sending home leftovers. so i often find myself conveniently forgetting the leftovers
3.gif
. but i did totally cheat and ate her tater tot casserole, which is like crack to me. and she does use low fat everything in it. but it is still really bad! oh well.

this week is pretty crazy. i am hosting a baby shower next weekend for my mom''s big family and we are having several out of towners. so it will be a week long thing starting tomorrow with people coming and going. i''m doing my 7 mile run tonite to get that over with and then will hopefully stay on track with early workouts or late ones. my sister and i planned a pretty healthy menu for the event itself, so i think i can manage without too much damage.

glad to hear everyone is starting the week off good!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Afternoon All,

No workout for me today
8.gif
. I intended to go down to the lake and walk around, but a fire broke out about 5 miles from our house and the helicopters were pulling water from the lake, then we lost power for about an hour. Quite an adventurous afternoon!

I''m making chicken and green chile casserole for dinner now that the fire has been contained and our power is back on, WOO HOO!

Have a great evening.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey all! I had my first attempt at grilling (w/charcoals); hubby stepped away for a second and then is when I was having issues. Hubby is an awesome cook but I wanted to learn more (grilling). The fire was blazing
6.gif
that isn't suppose to happen. Well it turned out fine but sort of scary. So tonight we had burgers and chicken. We had them on sugar free sarah lee buns w/4grams of fiber, w/salad and corn.

My day was weird; I got a bunch of phone calls and these friends love to talk so I thought dang there goes my day! It is always good to have friends, don't get me wrong but I wanted to get other things accomplished, oh well.

Mara, have a safe trip. Enjoy your workouts and don't work too hard!

Rod, I am sure you are having a blast letting the wind blow in your hair
3.gif
Glad you are getting a workout in!

Kimberly, I will have to try antipasta sometime; it sounds yummy! I bet the lettuce made it refreshing. ETA: I just saw there is a fire near you; I hope it is put out soon. Yikes, be safe. Gosh, I am sorry.

Tdiddy, your mom sounds just like my mom sending home naughty food. Wow, you sound busy w/the shower and out of towners; sounds like it will be fun to get together w/friends and family!!! Yay, for planning a healthy menu; kudos for that!

Mrs. Salvo, how was the girls first day? I bet they had fun
9.gif
What cuties!

ETA: Wowzers 6 miles; that is awesom PHX!!!
36.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Mrs. Salvo, aw, how cute! I hope your eldest had a great day in kindergarten!

I walked 6 miles today. I''ve just been upping and upping my mileage, partly for lack of anything better to do. It takes about an hour and a half with a stop home for bathroom and water refill in the middle. I will definitely not be able to keep this up when work starts in two weeks! I''ll have to "scale back" to just an hour a day during the week.

I tried on a pair of GoodWill pants my husband and I bought at the beginning of the summer last night. We had just bought a cute new dress on a whim (went in the store on a whim, tried it on, and I wasn''t used to things really looking cute so we agreed I should get it), and I tried on a bunch of stuff at the GoodWill store but nothing fit except this snug, a bit too tight for comfort pair of white pants (size 4 from Old Navy). Now they are so white/translucent that what underwear you wear is important, and I don''t know when I''ll ever wear them, but we bought them sort of as a test to see if my body would change anymore (they were $8 so it didn''t seem so crazy at the time).

And they are loose now! I tried them on last night after a big meal, and they fit quite well. So that was fun!
36.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry Skippy, no workouts on Monday''s. Remember, it''s Sushi night. And we had a great dinner, then frozen yogurt at our 2 flavor frozen yogurt with active yogurt cultures shop, followed by coffee under the oak tree. Tonight was the first night since getting the car on Saturday that it didn''t rain, so I got to put the top down for the first time and we drove up Bayshore Boulevard, with the wind blowing in our hair. It was just so terrific and the car was just as solid and stable top down as it is top up. Plus, the premium sound system is simply awsome. It has 13 speakers, including 2 subwoofers and the sound was just terrific top down. Woo Hoo. I surely do love this car!!

So sorry to hear about the fire near the lake and your power loss and derailes workout Kimi. Tomorrow, will be a better day for sure!

I hope your daughter''s first day at school was smooth sailing Mrssalvo. Seems so early to be starting school, but they start early here in Tampa too. When we were kids schools didn''''t start until after Labor Day. Oh well, times change.

Hope your crazy week calms down tdiddy!! Tater tot caserole does sound good, albeit fattening, but good!!

Hope you enjoyed cooking outside Skippy. I love to grill. But then most guys do, I guess.

Phoenix......wow, a 6 mile walk You go girl!!

Tomorrow, it''s back to the gym for the next three nights. Not much else to report, so I hope everyone''s having a great evening!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2007 9:47:11 PM
Author: Rod
Sorry Skippy, no workouts on Monday''s. Remember, it''s Sushi night. And we had a great dinner, then frozen yogurt at our 2 flavor frozen yogurt with active yogurt cultures shop, followed by coffee under the oak tree. Tonight was the first night since getting the car on Saturday that it didn''t rain, so I got to put the top down for the first time and we drove up Bayshore Boulevard, with the wind blowing in our hair. It was just so terrific and the car was just as solid and stable top down as it is top up. Plus, the premium sound system is simply awsome. It has 13 speakers, including 2 subwoofers and the sound was just terrific top down. Woo Hoo. I surely do love this car!!

9.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
I am drooling here!!! hehehe

Hey, you know when you said you had coffee under the oak tree, well, I always pictured you actually sitting on the earth right under it. hehehe Know I know better.
2.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/13/2007 9:49:55 PM

Date: 8/13/2007 9:47:11 PM

9.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
I am drooling here!!! hehehe

Hey, you know when you said you had coffee under the oak tree, well, I always pictured you actually sitting on the earth right under it. hehehe Know I know better.
2.gif
Oh how funny.........amazing that we have paved places and tables and chairs, even in Tampa!!!!! You should see my oak tree at night. They have it all lit up and it''s just so beautiful.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2007 10:03:11 PM

Oh how funny.........amazing that we have paved places and tables and chairs, even in Tampa!!!!! You should see my oak tree at night. They have it all lit up and it's just so beautiful.
LOL, no, I just thought you got your coffees to go and walked over to a near by park and sat under the Oak Tree. hehehe
That is so cool they have it lit up at night; I bet it is beautiful!

Funny what we invision when we don't know have photos. Gosh, the view at your condos!!!
30.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/13/2007 10:05:34 PM

Date: 8/13/2007 10:03:11 PM

Oh how funny.........amazing that we have paved places and tables and chairs, even in Tampa!!!!! You should see my oak tree at night. They have it all lit up and it's just so beautiful.
LOL, no, I just thought you got your coffees to go and walked over to a near by park and sat under the Oak Tree. hehehe
That is so cool they have it lit up at night; I bet it is beautiful!

Funny what we invision when we don't know have photos. Gosh, the view at your condos!!!
30.gif
Oh, I agree Skippy, It's amazing how we paint pictures in our heads when we only know something by how it was written. Anyway, I'm afraid sitting on the ground in Florida, is not a good idea. You see we have Fire Ants in Florida and their bites are just the most painful things.

Here's a picture of the view from our actual condo, which I thought you'd enjoy. We're actually on the 5th floor and the view's so open and expansive!

DSC_0089.JPG

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Rod your car is amazing
30.gif
30.gif
. I showed it to my husband and he said oh i wished i got the blue instead. Enjoy it and lovely to put a face to you and your Charlie.
Macy Do'nt feel sad that I'm cold! I live in Australia and my temperature of 27 in in celsius so that about 80 your temp and its the middle of winter. I sught of live in the Aussie equivalent of Florida. I do enjoy reading your posts you are a true inspiration!
Lorelei great remeinder on the health benefits of exercising that what started me in the first place. I was so stuffed up because of chronic knee pain in both legs follwoing many surgeries that I felt inadequte as mum cos i neve could run around. 10 years ago I started pilates and it made a huge difference. Over the years i got PT's but still my knees remained painful and restricted my abilty to hike or climb rocks etc thing i used to love .Then last year I got my elllicptical and guess what NO KNEE PAIN
36.gif
. I have through daily use and my beloved pilates buit up my quads and all the little muscles in between to stengthen and protect my knees. Look I will never run a marathon but I can jog to catch a ball play tennis and wallk around without my knee blowing up and that to me is far more amazing than the fact my butt is firmer and my legs don't jiggle
9.gif
. Also my BP has dropped and my resting heart rate is now 60 so that's got to be good right?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/13/2007 10:42:16 PM
Author: katebar
Rod your car is amazing
30.gif
30.gif
. I showed it to my husband and he said oh i wished i got the blue instead. Enjoy it and lovely to put a face to you and your Charlie.
Macy Do''nt feel sad that I''m cold! I live in Australia and my temperature of 27 in in celsius so that about 80 your temp and its the middle of winter. I sught of live in the Aussie equivalent of Florida. I do enjoy reading your posts you are a true inspiration!
Lorelei great remeinder on the health benefits of exercising that what started me in the first place. I was so stuffed up because of chronic knee pain in both legs follwoing many surgeries that I felt inadequte as mum cos i neve could run around. 10 years ago I started pilates and it made a huge difference. Over the years i got PT''s but still my knees remained painful and restricted my abilty to hike or climb rocks etc thing i used to love .Then last year I got my elllicptical and guess what NO KNEE PAIN
36.gif
. I have through daily use and my beloved pilates buit up my quads and all the little muscles in between to stengthen and protect my knees. Look I will never run a marathon but I can jog to catch a ball play tennis and wallk around without my knee blowing up and that to me is far more amazing than the fact my butt is firmer and my legs don''t jiggle
9.gif
. Also my BP has dropped and my resting heart rate is now 60 so that''s got to be good right?
Good is right. That''s an excellent resting heart rate!! And thanks for the kudo''s on the car. When is your hubby''s car due, or has he gotten it already??

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all! got my wifi in my hotel room all setup so i can work in the evenings, fun times!!

my day was uneventful with the flight and all that, thankfully. all i ate today really though was cereal for breakfast with coffee, then a luna bar on the plane and a pria bar before landing so i was only at about 450 cals by 4pm. bought a small baggie of trail mix...came to the hotel, had a handful, went and did a workout for about 250 cals burned. not much!! but at least some activity. then met my boss next door to the hotel at some total chain mexican place but hey they had my new obsession, tacos! cup of tortilla soup (so salty), chicken grilled tacos with black beans and some 'spanish rice' (midwestern take on it), and then my boss had to go and get SOPAPILLAS for dessert. and oh my gosh they were crazy good. very unhealthy, hello, fried dough with a honey butter caramel sauce?! typically i don't even like mexican desserts, but these were yummy. oh well! so i def made up my cals and am very glad i did something at the gym!!
5.gif

now it's time for bed as tomorrow is a full day starting at 7am til like 5-6pm and a dinner as well. ugh! i imagine my eating won't be very fab the next 2 days but that's okay, i will be back on track when i get home and back into routine.

hope everyone had a great monday...as great as a monday can be i guess. yay for those who walked/worked out/ate sushi/drove new fabulous cars/fit into smaller pants...woo hoo. Phoenixgirl, i have me a pair of awesome white american eagle capris i love in a size 4...they fit me at my smallest so i use those as a size gauge..at long as i can still button them and not have any pudge out of the top i am okay. white capris are the cutest. enjoy!! hahaa.

nite all!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/13/2007 10:52:23 PM

Date: 8/13/2007 10:42:16 PM
Author: katebar
Rod your car is amazing
30.gif
30.gif
Macy Do''nt feel sad that I''m cold! I live in Australia and my temperature of 27 in in celsius so that about 80 your temp and its the middle of winter. I sught of live in the Aussie equivalent of Florida. I do enjoy reading your posts you are a true inspiration!
Lorelei great remeinder on the health benefits of exercising that what started me in the first place. I was so stuffed up because of chronic knee pain in both legs follwoing many surgeries that I felt inadequte as mum cos i neve could run around. 10 years ago I started pilates and it made a huge difference. Over the years i got PT''s but still my knees remained painful and restricted my abilty to hike or climb rocks etc thing i used to love .Then last year I got my elllicptical and guess what NO KNEE PAIN
36.gif
. I have through daily use and my beloved pilates buit up my quads and all the little muscles in between to stengthen and protect my knees. Look I will never run a marathon but I can jog to catch a ball play tennis and wallk around without my knee blowing up and that to me is far more amazing than the fact my butt is firmer and my legs don''t jiggle
9.gif
. Also my BP has dropped and my resting heart rate is now 60 so that''s got to be good right?
Good is right. That''s an excellent resting heart rate!! And thanks for the kudo''s on the car. When is your hubby''s car due, or has he gotten it already??
Rod it arrives tomorrow off the boat but for some reason its is going to 10 days to detail!! Which seems excessive unless it was literally on the deck and covered in sea spray and bird poop!
Anyway he''s going skiing this week (IN the cold part of Austalia
9.gif
) and then he got to get his personlised number plate sorted. Which is a hoot cos he would never let me get one as he felt they drew unnecessary attention. I talking a subtle one not a word like SEXY as I sort the other day. Anyhoo he is getting a very stylish one just cos he can!
I understand what you are saying about it being too hot for the top down. My state is very similar to Florida and basiclly autummn spring and some winter days are when you have the top down oh and on a beautiful summers night when we are cruising down by the beach. Can''t wait and my daugher has claimed it as her limo for her formal next year
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results