shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 13th Aug till 19th Aug

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2007 3:40:00 PM
Author: allycat0303
Hey Rod,

Elevated PSA could be due to benign prostatic hyperplasia or urinary tract infection also, so I''m keeping my fingers crossed for BPH (or nothing at all
2.gif
).

Hugs! Keep us updated!
Thanks! Fingers crossed, you''re right.

Thanks again everyone. Charlie''s on his way home to pick me up and go for sushi. I may have one badass headache, but I''m thinking it''s from not eating much food. I''m starving! I think there''s frozen green tea yogurt with fruit in my future tonight!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dear Rod,

I am so glad things went well for you, other then that HORRID enema. ICK...... ICK.... ICK.... I have had those also. Nasty things they are. I am keeping my toes and fingers crossed for you that everything turns out AOK.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry, Linda...no more taco, I mean talk, about you know what-os!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha ha well my day has gone as i mostly expected.
3.gif
a donut and a few cupcake tops (just the tops with frosting and a bit of cake lol!!) along with a healthy panera strawberry chicken salad (just ate the chicken and fruit mostly) has been my diet today. i''m going for a hike/run after work then i guess i will just eat dinner at home later since i already had my treat for today hahaa. the funniest thing is that my stick thin coworker just confessed she has gained 3 lbs since coming here in a month...and i gained the 3-4 lbs as well so it was funny because we call it the ''team 5 lbs''...! this place is so bad for healthy lifestyles. it''s someone else''s bday on monday but it''s not our immediate team so it might be less detrimental lol!

heading to hike/walk after work and then i am catching dinner with my parents i think, i was hoping to just chill out at home, but they wanted to do something so i figure why not...i can sleep in tomorrow and will have plenty of alone time on saturday and sunday. tomorrow i plan to get a mani/pedi and do a bunch of grocery shopping and some house cleaning and gardening and just relax. then having dinner at tapas with a friend and her husband.

hope everyone is enjoying their friday!! kimberly a little cheese and crackers never hurt anyone, enjoy!!
5.gif
rod glad to hear it wasn''t as bad as expected, enjoy the sushi. everyone else have a fab night!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh and for those who are curious, here are a few photos of the place where i hike up here...visuals!!

rancho_main.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and here is a picture of one of the views we sometimes see depending on what part of the park we are hiking at. the views are really awesome the higher you get. on one of the ones we take sometimes we can see like 3-4 cities over!

19northview12.3.99.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Mara. . . Beautiful pics. I thought I would post a few for fun too! hehehe
Here is my yard I am always mowing. . . it extends a lot further to the right. It is a lot of work but it is nice to relax on the swing
3.gif

P1020167II.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is the La Luz trail that hubby and I hike. You can tell we are in the desert. hehe

P1020150laluz.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hubby took a pic of me of mine on our hike.
9.gif
Kimi and LindaW, all this taco talk is making me hungry
3.gif
2.gif
Mara, have a great hike and dinner. Rod, yay for being Zen!!!

P1020152melaluz.JPG

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Love the picture, Skippy!

Hope you had a great hike, Mara. Cheese and crackers aren''t terrible, I know, but I am so regimented when it comes to food I hate to go off track.

Hope sushi hit the spot, Rod, and that you continue to feel "zen."

John made pork chops, salad and squash for dinner, yummy.

We''re going to a BBQ at a friends'' tomorrow night. They''re serving burgs and dogs, we''re bringing some hawaiian style ribs (they said it''s a luau, J was sticking to the theme) should be fun. We haven''t seen this group in quite some time as the wife, who is our main connection to this group and J''s best friend (aside from me
9.gif
), spends 3 weeks a month working out of town, so it should be fun. But I always dread eating with them because they serve odd things, like cold pea salad...I think it''s good ol'' fashion midwest cooking, but it''s so not up my alley, hence the contribution of ribs (as opposed to eating CostCo hamburgers that are 30% fat).

I''ve been wanting to hike all week but the heat has deterred me so J said we could head to the coast for a hike on Sunday. That would be nice.

Have a great Friday evening, friends!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just letting people know that Kashi has a new cereal (well, new to me, maybe not to y''all!) it''s a variation on the GoLean Crunch, but this one is honey almond flax flavor. SOOOOO much better than the original, tastes a lot more like granola and still retains most of what makes the cereal healthy for you.

But this does come from a person who didn''t mind the original one, so take than into consideration too.
1.gif

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi all
35.gif

I''ve been away on business...it''s good to be back!

Hope everyone is well.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy,

What a beautiful backyard you have!!!

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi MB, Welcome back!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I lost another pound, Woo hoo! That puts me at minus 117 pounds now.
36.gif

I am heading to the “big” sale at Penney’s first thing in the morning to see about a few tops. Then I am meeting my SIL and her son at the Botanic Gardens for a walk. Tomorrow afternoon we are having a family picnic since my SIL is here so I offered to make pasta salad. I am using fat free zesty Italian dressing, 2% cheese and raw veggies so it won’t be too bad for me to eat and I doubt anyone else will notice the difference.
Monarch, I am glad to hear you slept so well. Sometimes I think we just need to take a long, long nap. Have a great time at your parents.
Lorelei, thank you for the explanation of some of those “foreign” terms. I still like “pants”.
Allycat, I bet you were gorgeous in the wedding gown you tried on. I am sure you’ll find something you both love and you’ll be a beautiful bride.
Kimberly, thank you for the nice compliment. I wore my size 18 jeans today and they were very baggy. Your evening at the book store, dinner and sports bar sounds marvelous.
DeeJay, I think you have a good point that when we wear something we feel good in, we probably project that confidence and it is noticeable to everyone else. The cupcakes are good even frozen (just like cc cookies but less fattening). LOL about a “walk” to B&J.
Hi MrsSalvo.
Neatfreak, that will be great to be so close to the gym. I hope you get everything in place this weekend.
Mara, it sounds like you are enjoying being home after all your traveling. I am with you the real cupcakes are awesome but the little ones do keep me honest. You have a terrific view and a lovely place to hike.
Thank you, Shortblonde. I hope you had a nice workout at the gym and enjoyed the movie.
Chrono, congratulations on better fitting trousers. Have a great time at your in-laws.
Hi Linda! Stupid stubborn scales.
Rod, I am so glad to hear you are doing okay after your test. That is nice you were just “out” and then it was over. I hope you enjoyed your Sushi tonight.
Thanks, Skippy. I am pretty excited to loose more weight. LOL about eating too many fiber bars. It’s a lesson one won’t forget. It sounds like you had a busy day; have fun on the walk with your cousin tomorrow. Your yard is great and you have a very nice view from your hikes too.
Hi Chinacat, welcome to WWT. Congratulations on your recent wedding. I like your “that which shall not be named” line.
Kimberly, stop eating! Tee hee.
Welcome back, MB.
Have a great weekend!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chinacat, of course you can join us - welcome to you!!
35.gif

Hiya Jeff!

Rod, just nipping in quickly to see how you got on, glad it is over with, hang in there my friend!
35.gif

Great pix Mara!

NF, glad to have another GoLean Crunch fan, I will look out for the new flavour...
30.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey all, I did my 4.5 miles; I walked and sprinted some so I mix things up a bit. My cousin loved it; sometimes she only wants to walk on Sat so she can sleep in Sun. I got her to agree to tomorrow too, yippee!!!! She is such a fun and sweet person; I am so glad she lives close by.
Well, one of my neighbors is so sweet and very dear to me, but I hadn't seen her for about 4 months and I saw her walking and we chit chatted; I forgot how much I love her bling
30.gif
. She has the prettiest diamond collection. She comes from a long line of doctors for parents and her hubby so she inherited a bunch of gorgeous items!
3.gif
3.gif
This morning I got to see 2 of her beautiful rings. I think her princess is 3 carats and her round brilliant is 2 carats if I remember correctly.
20.gif
I enjoyed seeing a sweet friend and her beautiful rings; two treats already this morning. hehe I am glad I can talk about that here because if I told friends I am sure they would be like "okay, yah."

Kimberly, thanks! Yay for the barbecue today. We had friends that like brautwurst and had us over for dinner and served that w/baked beans. I was thinking I NEVER had brauts; it is such a heavy meat so I feel for you when you don't know what you are going to get!!!! I hope they have healthy things and it is a good thing John is bringing some food so if you don't like what they have you can eat Johns ribs.

hey Neatfreak; I gotta check out the cereal, good to see ya Jeff and Lorelei!
9.gif

Linda, awww, you are so sweet; thank you! We have olenander back there and Crepe Myrtle which adds color but it wan't in the picture.

Marcy, yay for a game plan for making something helathy and tricking your inlaws. hehe Yay for another pound; I am jealous in a good way!

Today we are going to get orthodic insoles and then eat gelato, YUM! Tonight we are taking my mom out for dinner. Have a great Saturday You Sweetie Pies!!!
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning!

Thanks for the "zen" word Skippy. I suppose i am zen about this whole thing. There''s nothing I can do to change anything anyway!!

I love seeing the pics of our "family." Now, when Mara says she''s going for a hike or Skippy says she mowed the yard, I have this ''real'' picture in my head of exactly where they are. Beautiful yard Skippy!

I slept pretty well last night. Using the restroom (forgive me is this is TMI) was not comfortable this morning. I''m sure the pain will subside soon.

Sushi last night was really nice. I missed having my Sapporo, but the food was wonderful and our waitress was so glad to see us and kept giving me a hug since she was aware I was having my procedure yesterday. Then we stopped and had yogurt, then coffee. It was warm last night, but not humid, so we were able to sit outside and enjoy a lovely breeze under our ''oak'' tree.

Charlie''s getting ready to go to the gym. It seems so odd that I''m not getting ready myself. Instead there are a few errands I''m going to run, then we''ll meet up afterwards. Oh well, this too shall pass.

We don''t know where we''re going to dinner tonight. We thought about our favorite waterfront place, but they''re closed for renovations.

Anyway, have a great day everyone!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all! i was going to post last nite but was so tired hehe. i had quite the hiking adventure on my jaunt last nite. so this open space preserve i posted pictures of has about 23 miles of trails i think. most of them interconnect at a few points as you go along. so you can start on one side of the park then 10 min later have a junction for another trail so you can continue on yours or take this new one etc. it''s a way to make it not boring and also add up longer treks as most of the actual loop trails are like 3-4 miles. well i have 2-3 varieties i do...but there is this one trial that i have not tried yet and i have been wanting to but much of it is exposed rather than shaded like the ones i take and the weather has been so warm even when i go after work i didn''t have the energy to be hiking in the blasting sun for 1-2 hours. so i always thought well when it''s cooler. so last nite i started out my regular jaunt and got 2 miles into it (running downhills again) and thought oh i could take this one i always take or this one i have been wanting to try and it''s cooler and the sun is not really out at all anymore so why not. so i went up to try the new trail. now if you take this one from start to finish it''s 8 miles and it goes around the entire preserve''s outer rim. so it''s a fair amount of climbing so i figured but i have heard a lot of raves about the views. so i go up to it and connect (0.1 mile from my trail to this other one) and see wow it looks like it''s climbing, well okay. was that the understatement of the year?!!? this trail is mostly uphill. forever. well i guess that''s not fair as i did get some downnill on the way back but really if you do the loop you are mostly climbing then dipping for a little bit but more climbing. and i am a pretty seasoned workout gal and have been doing the hiking in the preserve for a few months now. a lot of times greg and my mom have a hard time keeping up with my pace. well i was CRUSHED by this hike. granted i was tired as i had already walked/ran 2 miles...but wow. part of it is that my calves really start to hurt because i think when i go uphill i take too long of steps and i use my calves too much. i notice when i take shorter faster steps up the hills that i use my quads more and less calves. but my calves were burning big time. i had to take a 1 minute break after almost every hill. and some of these were seriously steep, like where you take the wrong step and you slide a bit. there were some ''rest/view'' areas along the way which was nice and i encountered hardly anyone which was also nice since i was panting like a racehorse. i also had no idea what time it was but i had an hour and 45 minutes max to do my hike so i kept wondering how much time had passed but then i get hike fever and i want to keep going and see what''s around the next curve. so i think i did about just shy of a mile of the steep hills. the views were really beautiful. then on the way back down i ran almost all of the downnhills, some of which were super steep...i was REALLY tired when i got to the 2m marker and i decided to go back the new trail way (which also connects to where the car is) which was new, i figured it''s mostly downhill. again wrong again!! it was a lot of uphill AGAIN but at least not as steep. but man i was flagging...i thought i just want to sit down and take a nap right here. and at this point i thought for sure i was totally late and my parents would think i got eaten by a mountain lion or something. so i forced myself up the uphills then again ran down the downhills which saves a ton of time as i go pretty fast. i was really feeling it in my legs and butt at this point. finally make it down to the final hill connector which i know is 1/2 mile so i ran down most of that but then got a horrible stitch under my rib that made me walk. when i got to the car i found that the whole thing had only taken an hour and 35 minutes...and here i was thinking it was closer to 2 hours!! i swear time goes SO slowly up there...when you are just surrounded by nothing. i always feel like i am out there forever and it is like an hour or something. so my total hike was only about 5 3/4 miles i think but it felt like 10. hehee.

anyhow, made it over to my parents (where they did say they were thinking i had been eaten by a mountain lion)...did a french bath quickly and changed back into my jersey wrap tank dress and hoodie for dinner...we had mexican at our fave family place so i had chicken tacos with no tortillas, a bit of cheese and guac and lots of whole/pinto beans, salsa, lettuce, and a bit of rice. iced tea hit the spot. very yummy. i wasn''t thinking i''d be that hungry last nite but i guess after that grueling hike run thing i was because later that evening before bed i started feeling hungry again but i didn''t eat...trying to be better about that. just because i''m hungry doesn''t mean i have to eat and esp not 20 min before bed. my body will do absolutely nothing with processing that food while i sleep.

so of course this morning i am seriously sore...legs...waist/ab area and even my shoulders and arms. so i got a good workout for sure. i am so happy i finally got to do the trail and i totally want to do it again now that i know what''s in store and maybe with greg or a friend so i can have some conversation to pass the time while doing the hills (so helpful). i told greg that at some point i''d love for us to go up a morning in the fall when it''s cooler, take a little picnic and some waters and do the entire 8 miles around the rim of the preserve. but holy moly if more than 1/2 is steep hills that will be a serious jaunt. i only went a mile up and then 3 miles back and i was like gosh this is pretty darn intensive.

slept in this morning...now having my breakfast of TJ''s ff english muffins (i really like these things and only 110 cals!) with smart balance and honey, and some TJ''s organic morning lite (for those who don''t love the twig taste of kashi, try this, it has more honey in it or something so it''s way more tasty, but a bit less protein. a lot of fiber though and same cals) mixed with corn flakes, almond milk, coffee.

i finally get to see our neighbors new baby today, they came home last sunday from the hospital but we were out most of the day and they were just settling in, and then i flew out on monday so we totally missed each other, but i have seen pictures and he is SO absolutely darling. and greg saw him this week and said he''s super cute. my mom made him a quilt and a blanket and a tooth fairy pillow (she''s a quilter/knitter/crocheter) and so i also have to deliver those goodies to them. i can''t wait to see them today. and i want to get a mani pedi but i might push that to tomorrow depending on schedule. i really need to get grocery shopping done today which means visiting TJ''s, Whole Foods and regular grocery store to get everything i want...so that takes a while. also i need to do some gardening as well..and i''d like to get some quality couch time in. and a workout of course, thinking just a 4m flat walk either around the neighborhood or at a local flat trail we walk. that will also help stretch out my muscles from last nite''s bunching hike.

then tonite i am meeting a friend and her hubby for spanish tapas at this place we love, haven''t been there in a while but they have amazing sangria and all their food is just phenomenal, it''s all shared small plates, so tasty. can''t wait. so i am def eating light today to be sure that i can splurge tonite with zero cares.

skippy kudos on the walk this morning, i really need to get new shoes still, maybe i will finally do that today. i can feel that my old ones have hardly any cushioning left, not good. kim enjoy the BBQ, i hear ya on not loving what people make sometimes, better to volunteer to bring your own then, actually i hardly go anywhere without bringing 1-2 things that i know i can solely eat if i have to, i always offer to bring a veggie or some type of salad and a meat that i marinated or rubbed the way we like. welcome chinacat! rod, so you can''t work out for a few days? that''s no fun!!!

and speaking of that yogurt, i have seen shops like that popping up around here as well. where they use REAL yogurt and freeze it and then top it with all types of fresh fruits. very tasty. there was one in palm springs called cactusberry (like pinkberry in LA), and we have a few here that i have seen but whenever we see them we are always full from dinner (and last time, gelato) so we have no want to try it, but i do want to finally get around to it at some point. there is one in los gatos, a small town we went to recently for dinner so maybe next time we do that homestyle italian place we can get some yogurt there. they typically have a low-fat version and a sugar free nonfat version and i love the idea of the fresh fruits. some places have no flavors at all, i''d be interested in trying green tea though.
2.gif

anyhow, have a great day all!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh and on the trail picture thing, i was trying to find a good picture of one of the trails i hike where it's mostly shaded, this is the best one i found but it's not the ones i was thinking of. but this is what a lot of the partially shaded trails look similar to. so when i am hiking much of the time i am on a trail like this, but there is this amazing totally shaded area that i LOVE with a wide road and carpet of leaves and needles with all soft greenery and trees on either side, it's so pretty, i might have to take my camera out with me at some point and snap a picture of that. it's my favorite area of the hike.

104trail.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara,

Those trail pictures are beautiful. BTW, I ache all over just reading your hike post, ha ha ha.

Linda

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I think my husband wants a divorce. That''s the only explanation I can come up with. I just got home from the gym and for the second time in three days there were FRESH CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES IN MY HOUSE. WTF? I demanded. Well, it turns out that the HH''s were such a hit at the work function that the guy who''s BBQ we''re going to tonight asked him to make them for this party too. Great. All my hard work is being undone one Ghiradelli semi sweet chip at a time...
14.gif

Anyway, I did the elliptical for 65 minutes (allegedly 740 cals, ha ha) some arm free weights, and then I was inspired to do some leg lifts in an effort to tame my jiggling a$$.

Welcome ChinaCat! LOL on the Honeymoon diet BTW. I seem to have been on it for about nine years now...

Kimi, so did you you go for a "walk" yesterday? (I really am sorry for tempting you with ice cream, but you are so good almost all the time that a cone every now and then is well deserved!)

Linda, I LOVE sharp cheddar cheese! Unfortunately we always have a big block of it in the fridge because the HH virtually lives on the stuff but I do a good job of avoiding it except for the occasional grilled cheese.

Rod, glad to hear you are doing pretty well. And don''t worry, you''ll be back to your good ol'' self in no time at all. Just be sure not to rush it (yes, I know, advice from the pot calling the kettle black!).

Neatfreak, thanks for the tip on the cereal. I''m always on the lookout for a new breakfast option.

Hello Jeff!

Marcy, how did you do at the sale? I''m living vicariously through you because you have such great success shopping!

Lorelei, hope your weekend contains no pants whatsoever!

Stephi and Mara, those pics are great! I so wish we had trails like that around here, but in the flat-as-far-as-the-eye-can-see Chicago landscape even a speed bump can achieve landmark status.

Jas, are you going to the air show today? The HH and I wanted to make a Costco run but the planes are driving The Demon crazy so it looks like we''re not leaving the house until well into the afternoon.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning all,

Deejay, no I did not go for any sort of walk yesterday...I did start to read another book (I''m 100 pages into it now) and I worked a bit on a cross stich that I''m going to turn into a blanket for either my nephew or my friend''s son (it depends on how long it takes me to finish it!) .

Mara your hike yesterday sounds a lot like the one we typically do. Since 9/11 the dam has been cut off, so you have to circle around it instead of walking across...it''s straight down and straight up. I''ll have to take my camera along next time we go. It''s a beautiful place. Have fun seeing the baby today. We''re definitely bringing some food, but the hostess told J not to bring anything but ribs as they already have too much food so we''re a bit limited. That''s okay, it just means I''ll probably eat less!

It was 87 degrees at 8 this am, today is going to be hot, hot, hot. I think that''s why I''m so unmotivated to exercise...in general it''s something I really love to do. We went to Farmer''s Market and got some fresh produce, yum!

Have a great day all!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
DJ,

How can you stay you stay away from freshly baked CC cookies???? OMG, I don''t think I would have the will power to do so. Whenever I bake them, Rick is right there, burning his fingers and mouth shoveling them in, ha ha ha ha ha.

YEP, sharp cheddar cheese, YUMMMMMMMMY. There is always a block in our fridge too. Rick loves grilled cheese sandwiches, as does our two little grand boys. I do too, but not lately.
14.gif

Rod: I am so glad you are doing and feeling better. Your dinner sounded so yummmy. I am not a sushi fan, but I do love the California roll. Hummm, could it be because I live in California, ha ha ha ha.

It is so windy here to day, feels like our heads are going to blow off. I am going nail polish shopping today. I made an appt for a manicure and pedicure for my reunion. Not that anyone will be looking at my toes, ha ha ha. Both are for the week of September 3rd. I''ll get my walking in today at the Mall.

Everyone have a great Saturday. I will check back later.

Love to you.
Linda

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday.
35.gif
Holy cow; the scale moved again giving me another ½ pound now I’m minus 118. Yippee.
36.gif

I went shopping at Penney’s at 7 and got 6 pieces of clothing for about $10 each. Then I met my parents for morning coffee break. I met my SIL, MIL and nephew at the Botanic Gardens and walked around there for awhile. Then I came home and made a dump cake and pasta salad to take to the MIL for supper. I was starving so I had some pasta salad for lunch. My DH’s grandma likes to eat supper at 4 so we’ll be having a late lunch / early supper today.
Hi Lorelei. I hope the sun is shining there for you today.
Skippy, your morning walk sounds terrific. Your neighbor’s rings sound pretty. I always check out everyone’s jewelry. I tested the pasta salad and it tastes great. I am sure no one will be the wiser it is low fat / fat free. Thanks for the congrats. Have fun at dinner with your mom.
Rod, you’ll be back to exercising in no time. I ran errands today; it’s more work than “work”. I hope you guys have a great dinner tonight.
Mara, it sounds like you really had a workout on your new trail. Walking uphill is challenging. I hope you have fun at dinner with your friends. The trails you walk are so beautiful and thick with trees / foliage. Wyoming is pretty open and void of plants.
Hi Linda. Have fun shopping at the mall. I love to pick out new nail polish. I have to have something that matches my outfits.
DeeJay, I sympathize with your about fresh baked cc cookies. I can almost smell them. I have a bag of Ghiradelli semi sweet chips teasing me in my freezer. Aak. Have fun at the BBQ tonight. I did make a good haul shopping today. I got a new pair of sweats as my old ones are 3 sizes to big. I got 3 knit tops and 2 ¾ sleeve V neck t shirts. I wanted a fleece jacket but they were down to only smalls or ugly colors. Rats.
Kimberly, it sounds like a nice leisurely way to spend your day – reading and working on cross stitch. I hope the weather cools off for you soon.
Well, I must go start working on school. My classes start Wednesday and I have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Silly me.
Laters,
Marcy

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Marcyc, 118 pounds! Amazing!
36.gif

Well, I''m back from a trip to NYC with DH and my parents. It was definitely a break from my normal eating and exercise habits.

I ordered red meat one night, and fish the other three. I had a tuna salad pita and a tuna nicoise for lunch. Yesterday my parents wanted to eat at Cracker Barrel for lunch on our way home . . . definitely not a lot of healthy options there! I had the vegetable plate where you order 4 sides for your meal, but I would have to describe their vegetables as unnecessarily buttery and meat-flavored. Ew.

It looked like I was up to 124 last night when I got home (up 3 pounds). Not great but not a disaster. I used my dad''s Total Gym on Thursday before we left, and I swam laps in the pool on Friday, but only for ten minutes because I had to share a lane with this creepy guy who wasn''t swimming. He was just standing at the end of the lane looking at me. Now that''s fine when it''s just a big pool for horsing around, but this pool was just for swimming laps and you had to wait for somebody to get out before you could get in. So the fact that creepy guy didn''t feel like he should get out and let somebody else who was really going to swim in (which is what I would have been thinking about the whole time) creeped me out even more. Plus I didn''t have goggles and didn''t want to run into creepy guy should he suddenly start swimming, so I kept my head out of the water the whole time, which made swimming more difficult. But it definitely got my heart up and felt invigorating.

In jewelry news, my dad gave my mom the pendant I ordered from Mondera. The day before we popped in Cartier on 5th Avenue, and she complimented my pendant and announced that once she had gotten to wear it, so she definitely was excited about it. When we got home, we looked through her jewelry (inherited from her mother) to see if there was anything else expensive that she should insure when she gets the necklace insured. I knew there was a sapphire and diamond ring in yellow gold (sapphire surrounded by two diamonds which looked to be about 1/3 ct. each -- sapphire was the same size). The big find was a yellow gold tennis bracelet. We were in a hurry so I didn''t get to really count, but I''d say there were 30 or 40 0.10-0.15 diamonds. Yet again, it was a piece of jewelry that my mother would never like or wear, and it was yellow gold, which only I wear. DH said he was surprised my mom didn''t just tell me to take it, but I know she feels like she should make sure that''s ok with my sister first (my sister wears no diamonds except for studs in her many ear holes which range from 0.33ctw on down and only platinum and white gold, but it''s the principle of it). Or perhaps my mom thought, "Oh, I should wear this!"

She also pulled out two obviously fake necklaces. One of them she thought might be real, but there was absolutely no way. It would have been 20 or 30 carats of diamonds, but it weighed next to nothing. It wasn''t even real silver by the weight of it. She was like, "Are you sure this isn''t real?" and I was like, "Yes, I''m sure." She pulled out another necklace with large CZ''s, but at least this one was in real gold (plating probably). It was definitely a better fake. She asked if I remembered it, and I said it looked familiar. She said it was the first piece of jewelry I ever picked out for her when I was about five. So little Phoenixgirl loved bling all along.
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy, I know you will wonder, so just letting you know. My baker assistant slept in late yesterday, and then bailed on me to go to his friends, so the rolls didn't get made. Honestly, good help is hard to find.
20.gif
9.gif

I'll let ya know when they get made. Since he starts school tomorrow, could be a while....

p.s. Your back yard looks so inviting! Bootiful!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monring Everyone!

Mara, that hike sounded like quite an experience and good for you doing it!!

Thanks Linda and Kimi and Skippy and well all of you again. I''m feeling better today. Still a little bleeding, but they said it was normal and should be going away.

We saw the Movie Stardust yesterday afternoon. It''s funny how not working out like 3 hours on a Saturday afternoon gave us the time to go see a movie. This movie is just FANTASTIC. It''s magical, mystical, and beautiful. I loved virtually EVERY second of the movie. I can not recommend it enough.

For dinner we went to our favorite diner again. They have a fried chicken sandwich sandwich (hey, if Rod can''t work out, he''s going to have a little extra fun and just not worry too much about what he''s eating for a few days), called the Memphis Southern Fried Chicken sandwich. Man is it ever good. It may well be the best fried chicken sandwich I''ve ever eaten and it comes with a homemade remoulade sauce that was spicy and good. I had my sandwiich topped with provologne too. Yummmmy.

Am going grocery shopping while sir Charlie''s at the gym. How''s that for fun. At least I get to drive my fabu BMW. Each time I get behind the wheel of that thing, I can''t believe how terrific I think it is. Charlie''s will be here this week, and he''s pretty jazzed about getting it too.

Anyway, hope everyone''s having a great Sunday. I''ll check in later.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

I managed to survive BBQ food, yippee! It''s a good thing we brought ribs as the host charcoaled the burgers and hot dogs. I had two ribs, a dab of potato salad a small scoop of pasta salad and some carrots for dinner. Not bad at all. Other than the burned food it was a nice night.

Rod, glad you indulged a bit! Keep taking care of yourself.

Phoenix, sounds like you came away from your trip with little damage. Sorry about the creepy pool guy.

DeeJay, did you manage to circumvent the CC cookies?

I think we''re going hiking at the coast today, it''s too hot to hike at home. Happy Sunday, all!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Hello and happy Sunday.

Life''s been very hectic the last few days, hence no post. The good news is that, despite feeling kinda icky and PMSsy yesterday, I didn''t negotiate myself out of a workout! Yea!

Have been eating healthy and trying to stay in a workout routine so that as I transition to a school schedule it doesn''t fall by the wayside.

I''m thinking my body may just enjoy being at my current weight and juiciness. Two months of working out and eating really well have amounted to very little change in the old body here. However, I know I am healthier, so that is the goal. Sigh. There goes the ultimate dream of being a spandex-clad Solid Gold dancer.
9.gif

Hopefully I can share some stories about some dinners out later today. I''m just nutty busy.

DeeJay -- didn''t make it to the airshow...BUT we pretty much saw 80% of it as they fly right by the building. Dh''s ears are ringing like mad today. It was hysterical how, when we were walking the dog, every guy would stop whatever he was doing and gawk at the planes overhead!

Rod -- It''s kinda late, but I am so very thrilled about the procedure. You did it! The anticipation is just brutal and you should feel so empowered having gotten through it!

Later folks...I''m running on empty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results