shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 12th March till 18th March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 10:58:44 AM
Author: Lorelei
I really do think a trip to the opticians is in order for me....
23.gif
This is happening a lot that I misread words and sorry to have made your skin crawl....
40.gif
This is coming from someone who always calls eminem '' einem'' as I couldn''t see how his name was spelled! Einem he is and always will be now much to Hubby''s eternal shame....
That''s hysterical! Don''t apologize, it was pretty funny that you had me pegged as a canibal, but I had to dispell the myth!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2007 10:53:43 AM
Author: KimberlyH
DeeJay: I am proud to present you with the award for ''Most Unique Breakfast Choices.''
Lorelei: Not so much, that actually made my skin crawl.

Rod: Somehow in my reading I missed what decision it is you and Charlie have come to. Could you please share again?

Mara: I found those ice cream bars at the store yesterday, but I didn''t buy any as I have mint chocolate chip ice cream (slow churned) in the fridge. But definitely a new thing to try. They even had the cookies and cream bars.

So today is a workout day. I''m not looking forward to putting on tennis shoes as my feet are covered in blisters. I''m not sure what we''re having for dinner. I''ll figure it out later today.

Happy Thursday!
I think the decision we''ve made is that with or without a job, we''re going home. I''m horribly homesick and miss our condo a lot. Without jobs of course, we have to keep it up for sale as it won''t take long for us to run out of money (though we do have at least a full 12 months before that would happen), but we''re tired of paying our mortgage, our condo fee and the double expenses of rent on this crappy corporate apartment with crappy corporate furniture indefinitely. So, if we have to pay the mortgage on such a nice place, we may as well live there. I''m emloyable and should be able to find some way (outside of corporate America) to pay some of the bills. I do have a friend who owns her own Highly Successful Mortgage Brokerage and she''s always said I could come work for her. So, if my old company doesn''t take me back, I''ll do something like that. But, I want to go home. There......that''s the decision, in all it''s glory!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehehe Kim! My eyes are terrible! Hubby has completely humiliated himself at work by referring to Eminem as Einum and got a WTF!!! response from his colleagues!
41.gif

Rod, I am so glad you have made a decision and I know it is the right one, there is a reason for this move and it might not be apparent for some time, but one day you will know why it had to happen. So best of luck with the move back, things will fall into place
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 12:01:55 PM
Author: Rod

Date: 3/15/2007 10:53:43 AM
Author: KimberlyH
DeeJay: I am proud to present you with the award for ''Most Unique Breakfast Choices.''
Lorelei: Not so much, that actually made my skin crawl.

Rod: Somehow in my reading I missed what decision it is you and Charlie have come to. Could you please share again?

Mara: I found those ice cream bars at the store yesterday, but I didn''t buy any as I have mint chocolate chip ice cream (slow churned) in the fridge. But definitely a new thing to try. They even had the cookies and cream bars.

So today is a workout day. I''m not looking forward to putting on tennis shoes as my feet are covered in blisters. I''m not sure what we''re having for dinner. I''ll figure it out later today.

Happy Thursday!
I think the decision we''ve made is that with or without a job, we''re going home. I''m horribly homesick and miss our condo a lot. Without jobs of course, we have to keep it up for sale as it won''t take long for us to run out of money (though we do have at least a full 12 months before that would happen), but we''re tired of paying our mortgage, our condo fee and the double expenses of rent on this crappy corporate apartment with crappy corporate furniture indefinitely. So, if we have to pay the mortgage on such a nice place, we may as well live there. I''m emloyable and should be able to find some way (outside of corporate America) to pay some of the bills. I do have a friend who owns her own Highly Successful Mortgage Brokerage and she''s always said I could come work for her. So, if my old company doesn''t take me back, I''ll do something like that. But, I want to go home. There......that''s the decision, in all it''s glory!!!
Rod,

It sounds to me like you''ve come to the right decision for you and Charlie. The fact that you state you are "going home" is proof positive of that. I hope you are feeling content and sleeping, now that you have come to a conclusion!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
verdict on the slow churned cookies n''cream choco covered bars...DIVINE. i almost ALMOST went back and got a 2nd one from the freezer but employed some small measure of self-control and ate a 30 cal truffle instead. lol. but really yummy. not only is the ice cream inside nice and cookie and creamy, but the outer shell is YUMMY and it has either nuts or small pieces of chocolate or something in it so it''s a little crunchy too.

before i indulged with the ice cream, greg and I took P for a 1m walk last nite so got in my last bit of exercise for the day.

breakfast was 1.5 servings of crunchy corn bran with fresh sliced strawberries and ff milk with coffee. yum.

nejarb i did not lose any weight before the wedding, in fact i think i gained a lb or two. hahaa. i think it depends on what you are doing, if you are stressed (i really wasn''t that stressed) and also how many meals you are eating out with family, friends, etc...we were in hawaii for a week before the wedding and eating meals out a fair amount and really not a lot of working out, so i wasn''t surprised!

rod congrats on making a decision that works for you and charlie! gotta admit i''m a little sad you won''t be there for when we come over in may to visit...because i was looking fwd to meeting you guys but if you tell us your fave restaurants instead for us to visit solo, i might let you off the hook. hehe. but basically what you are going through right now is kind of what i am afraid of...of leaving here and realizing going elsewhere that i just am not happy. and of course nothing is forever, people typically have the means to change whatever you want in your life at pretty much any time esp if they are willing to sacrfice, but making the right decision sometimes seems so hard. in any case, hope this helps you sleep better at night!!

speaking of sleeping at night, now that my days are not as stressful, i find i am not AS tired at night and it takes me longer to fall asleep and i don''t stay as deeply asleep anymore. it kind of bugs me as i am used to just falling asleep and waking up once at 6am and then not again til about 8am. but now i get up every few hours even just into a wakeful state then back to sleep. really odd. i think it''s the lack of mental stimulation or challenges during my days now. as fun as it is to fill them with shopping, mani/pedi, workouts, gardening, watching TV etc...it''s not super mentally stimulating, lol. so anyway i figure i''ll try to work out HARDER to tire my brain out, somehow don''t think that''ll work?
3.gif
anyway so far this week i have burned about 1650 cals...about halfway to my goal. i feel pretty good too...today is a long ~3m walk this afternoon.

anyhow hope everyone has a wonderful thursday!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello!

Just checking in. Yesterday was a crazy day with meetings and lots of other activities. I haven''t caught up on this thread yet, but can''t wait!

Couldn''t do WWI yesterday, so I will skip the week. I did measurements last night though, and there is no change whatsoever, wah!

Had a low cal day yesterday...about 1300 or so. This weekend is going to be awful...we''re throwing a party and I am making so much food. I''m hoping that since I am making the eats, I''ll be less tempted to eat it.

Will check in later after I catch up on the posts!

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
Love Fage. Thanks for the tip.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
yesterday i fast walked with a carriage for about a mile. i was suppossed to walk for at least 3, but then i stopped by the park and saw people i knew, so i spent a lot of time yapping away...heheheee oh well at least i ate pretty healthy all day.
9.gif
i''m going to make a lemon bundt cake tonight with a light glaze. not as bad as the brownies i really want, but with brownies i always have ice cream, caramel whipped cream, and sprinkles---not the healthiest or caloric best choice.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I was feeling a bit sluggish today as the last two days have been non stop motion, but I had a great workout and am feeing perked up now. This is great news as I have a lot of school work to do and I need to get focused!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
my new shuffle came in the mail yesterday
36.gif
, so i loaded it up with some tunes and hit the elliptical for a hour last night (instead of going to yoga - i really just wanted to use my new toy!). it really felt great, and i was super motivated with all the new music. i love when you get to the point that workouts make you feel strong instead of exhausted all the time!

despite time change struggles, i also got up early and went to pilates class with my friend this morning before work. i used to do pilates about a year ago, but got out of the habit. class was good, and we did some exercises on a foam roller, which really helps you feel when you''re unstable. i bet i''m sore tomorrow!

nejarb, i travel on airplanes quite frequently. i don''t think it''s all in your head that you get sick afterwards - inevitably someone on the plane is sick and there are people with germs from all over the world. since all the air is recirculated during flight, that means you get plenty of opportunities to be exposed to their germs. besides frequent hand-washing, one thing you might want to try is emergen-c - i take one every day (and pack them with me when traveling) and i find i get sick much less than before i started taking them (despite all scientific evidence saying vitamin c makes no difference!). it was recommended to me by a friend who''s an elementary school teacher. she got sick all the time before she started taking it, and also found a dramatic change once she took it daily. i''m ordinarily a girl who lives and breathes by the medical literature (i''m an epidemiologist...) but in this case i take it anyway cause it seems to work for me!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, so glad you and Charlie were able to make a decision and decided to go home. i know you left your heart there and have be wanting to go back and I'm glad you get to. My parents are actually thinking of moving to Tampa in the next few years. They love it there and are florida people at heart. 5 of my mom's brother's and sisters live in orlando and I know she'd like to be closer to them and it's an easy flight for us to get there too. anyway, good luck with the move back and on the job front. you know, there is a skyline (cincinnati ) chili there...not good for the diet but oh so yummy, who knows maybe I'll end up there someday too. beach, ocean, good shopping and skyline..it doesn't get any better
9.gif
mara, I know how you feel about moving away from family. i'm about to do it for the second time
7.gif
. I moved to nashville for grad school and have been her since. my mom and step dad moved here 2 years later and my sister came for school too so now we're all here. hubby got a job offer that's too good to pass up but will require us to leave. Part of me is excited but I will really miss my sister and my mom b/c we are very, very close. of course, if my parents move to florida it won't matter anyway and i'll just have a better excuse to go south more often.

so, one of my kids is sick and i had to go to walgreen's for a prescription. I thought I might as well check for my choco fiber bars and SCORE...they had them and on a special sale so I stocked up. we're traveling next week and I want lots of heathy snacks for the car, train, hotel, etc..I was very happy.

so far today, frosted mini wheats for breakfast, half peanut butter sandwhich and banana for lunch and probalby a choco bar for snack since I haven't had one in a few days and thought they were gone forever. hubby is working late tonight so I don't have to make dinner so I'll probably have some more fruit and something light, and make grilled cheese and tomato soup for the kids.

got another good walk in this am and will be out again tonight walking and letting the kids bikeride next to me.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 1:06:25 AM
Author: Mara
Interesting article below about using ''Volumetrics'' to lose weight, the premise is that you eat more low-energy-density foods that have the same amount of calories as other foods that do not keep you full as longer. aka less french fries and more baked potato. It reminds me of my whole ''how are you going to spend your calories'' thing...
This was one of the premises in the bodybuilding cookbook I bought a few years ago. Just dusted it off the shelf last week and have been tagging recipes. Not that I''m going to be bodybuilding (HA!) but those guys really learn how to eat foods that fuel your muscles while still trying to lose body fat. They also recommend big, big salads - you can eat a ton of greens with just a little dressing if you are having trouble feeling full.

Rod, it sounds like this decision is for the best right now in your lives. I wish you all the best!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i took portia to see my mom's kids at her school today, they always love when i bring her in.

now i am having lunch, which is an egg white omelet with diced potatoes and onions and 4 cheese reduced fat blend on a 50 cal high-fiber tortilla. yum. protein and fiber! then i am meeting my old coworker/friend at the mall. later this afternoon i'll go for my walk. i think dinner is going to be flank steak tacos with the rest of the corn avocado salsa i made the other night. and side salad. yum.

sometimes i find that i can feel really BONE tired with all my working out...does anyone else feel this and how do you counteract it? i tend to try to eat more protein or healthy carbs when this happens, do people find this works for them? also i am recommitting myself to stretching after workouts (don't do this enough and i think it makes my lactic acid build up more for leg soreness) and also eating something with high protein after my workouts. hopefully this will help my muscles and body stay strong. also i am trying to be more conscious of eating more of the right 'fats' like avocados and almonds and stuff.

anyway random note but FG since you mentioned loving Peanut Butter...check out the 100 cal balance bars in the 'peanut butter crisp' flavor. i had one this morning and it was really yummy!! i have had their chocolate and vanilla crisps and they are meh but the PB crisp one was the best so far. and 100 cals for a bar (they are smallish) and 6g protein and 5g fiber. so definitely a great pick me up if you are on the run. i want to get more of the PB crisp ones now..haha.

yay mrs salvo for finding the fiber one bars. i hear ya on stocking up. our pantry is outta control. hehee.

oh and i also take emergenC or airborne pretty religiously, esp when traveling or being around lots of other people. emergenC is 25 cals though so just be sure to log it if you are 'tracking' cals. airbone is 0 so i take that more often and honestly i like their flavors better and i like that they also add some other stuff that EC doesn't have but it is also way more expensive than emergenC so i switch off depending on what i have in the cupboard. it's also a great way to get that 500mg+ of vitC if anyone is trying to see if consuming more vitC really does burn up to 30% more fat!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kimberly and Lorelei and everyone else who has chimed in with kind wishes. It does really help to have a sense of where we''re headed, which of course is still subject to change, but I''m pretty sure what will happen ultimately. It might be a bit frightening to go and neither of us have a job, but hey, we''re resourceful and I''m sure we''ll find something that''ll get us through. It''s still on the table that I will have my old job back and then we''d be going home and just picking our lives back where they were last fall. That would be weird, but in a good sort of way.

Mara: I don''t want to cloud your vision at all. While I think Raleigh''s a nice place, I''m not sure how you and Greg would really adjust to living here coming the San Francisco area. It will seem like you''ve landed on another universe. Albeit a universe where home prices are significantly lower and people seem pretty happy and friendly, but a really alternate universe to major city living to be sure. We haven''t really set a date around the transition back home, so it''s still possible we could be here when you visit, but if we''re not, we''ll surely let you know where to find good Sushi as well as other terrific restaurants.

Mrssalvo, assuming we make it back to Tampa as planned, it would be great if you had family there and we could get together sometime. Maybe, you will come for a visit and it will grab a piece of your heart as well. I didn''t realize how much I was going to miss our life in Florida until I didn''t have it any longer. And even though I tried really hard to be enthusiastic about our new life, there was a huge hole in my heart and it began to grow bigger with every passing day.

Anwyay, it''s almost the end of the work day here. It''s just past 5 and soon I''ll be heading to the gym for out 3rd workout in a row. I typically work out harder on Thursday nights because I know I have tomorrow off. I''ll check in later tonight when I get home from the gym.

Thanks again everyone!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 5:10:44 PM
Author: Rod
Thanks Kimberly and Lorelei and everyone else who has chimed in with kind wishes. It does really help to have a sense of where we're headed, which of course is still subject to change, but I'm pretty sure what will happen ultimately. It might be a bit frightening to go and neither of us have a job, but hey, we're resourceful and I'm sure we'll find something that'll get us through. It's still on the table that I will have my old job back and then we'd be going home and just picking our lives back where they were last fall. That would be weird, but in a good sort of way.

Mara: I don't want to cloud your vision at all. While I think Raleigh's a nice place, I'm not sure how you and Greg would really adjust to living here coming the San Francisco area. It will seem like you've landed on another universe. Albeit a universe where home prices are significantly lower and people seem pretty happy and friendly, but a really alternate universe to major city living to be sure. We haven't really set a date around the transition back home, so it's still possible we could be here when you visit, but if we're not, we'll surely let you know where to find good Sushi as well as other terrific restaurants.

Mrssalvo, assuming we make it back to Tampa as planned, it would be great if you had family there and we could get together sometime. Maybe, you will come for a visit and it will grab a piece of your heart as well. I didn't realize how much I was going to miss our life in Florida until I didn't have it any longer. And even though I tried really hard to be enthusiastic about our new life, there was a huge hole in my heart and it began to grow bigger with every passing day.

Anwyay, it's almost the end of the work day here. It's just past 5 and soon I'll be heading to the gym for out 3rd workout in a row. I typically work out harder on Thursday nights because I know I have tomorrow off. I'll check in later tonight when I get home from the gym.

Thanks again everyone!
Rod,

The issues you are facing are exactly why John and I are having such a difficult time making the decision to stay here or move to Chicago, as evidenced in my other thread. It's a really tough choice to make, but the poor economic state of the west, especially in regards to the real estate market, may make that decision for us. My thoughts are with you!!

I think we're going to have pizza for dinner. I have plenty of calories left to spend for the day and J has been craving it for about 3 weeks and is having a rough day, so it will be a good way to end the day.

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
hi everyone! finally checking in even though it''s past middle of the week.

things have not been so great for me personally at home, and work is SO hectic. but, here I am on week 3 and i am sticking with it despite all of the stress!

i weighed in on monday and as of then i had lost 5.6 pounds!!! i know a lot of it is probably water...this is only the beginning. but still, i can feel my clothes fitting me differently already.

i''m sure i''ll see another pound or two off the scale next monday because i haven''t been eating much and i have been working out every night. we''ll see. that''s not the important thing to me right now though...the important thing is that i finally feel like it''s getting easier to make good choices. making the choices i''ve made in the past few weeks since i started this ''lifestyle change'' really has helped me to feel better and improve my outlook. before when i was depressed i would reach for ice cream. the other night i went to the gym and burned 450 cal and ate a bowl of fruit salad instead. all in all, even though things are looking down i''m feeling a lot more stable. i know a lot of this comes with age and experience in knowing that things can/will get better. anyhow, enough rambling.
1.gif

i''m inspired by all of you and i will check in again on monday...i will keep reading this weekend so that i have strength and inspiration to not completely let go and have a calorie-fest!

take care everyone
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
amber i found the pizza in the organic aisle at safeway! i got the same one you guys did. apparently though the greek sesame one and the tomato feta are also not that bad, 160 each for 1/6 pizza. weird because online on their website last nite it showed more for those 2 i thought. but i figured well for 128 i mean you can''t beat it!! we can split the pizza. hehee. i also got some more 100 balance bars in PB crisp because they were on sale. and the PB fiber one bars were on sale too (they had chocolate mrs salvo but they were almost sold out...there were 2 boxes pushed all the way back so they must be really popular) so i got a box. i''m having one now. hehee.

and i got our fixins for tonite''s dinner...yum. went to the mall and met my friend there for a bit, then when she left i walked around for a while, went to VS and some other stores, got a few cute things. all in all i walked about 1.25 miles plus whatever ICU''s i used up in the changing rooms, lol. i went to nordies and tried on like 10 pairs of jeans just to see what washes and fits i liked, still TOTALLY in love with paige...now i want a pair of picos!!

so i''m noshing on the PB fiber one bar now...and i''m going to get out into the sun soon and go for a 2-3m walk.
2.gif

good for you for sticking with it ov, and stay strong woman!! i know you can do it.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Rod- If you do move back to Tampa..I''m long overdue for a visit. Have not been back to my alma mater (USF Tampa) since
I graduated in ''78! No Sun Dome back then...just huge fire ant hills on campus.
29.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just back from an hour on the bike to the tune of 350 cals. I am trying to mix it up a bit so my body doesn''t become used to the same ol'' thing, but the only thing that made the bike bearable for the whole hour was that someone gave me a magazine that they didn''t want on their way out the door. Thank good for mindless girly journalism, LOL.

I can''t decide how good/bad I''ve really been today. For breakfast I had one cup of the buffalo sloppy joe mix with baked lays, for lunch I had progresso chicken soup, snacks were one cup of grapes, lite ''n'' fit yogurt and two REAL brownies from Corner Bakery (I don''t know what came over me!), and for dinner I''m having two ounces of whole wheat pasta with another cup of sloppy joe mix on top as sauce. The might be a pudding cup in my future too, depending on how utterly guilty I feel about those browies in an hour or so. I did try to look up the nutrition info for the brownies but the desserts seem to be the only thing they don''t have the info posted for on the CB site. Oh well, maybe it''s better I don''t know, ha ha!

If I play my cards right I should be able to work out for the next three days in a row. Everything, of course, hinges on my clients, but as of right now I think it looks good.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
gosh dj if you wanted brownies, you shoulda just eaten the 100 cal vitalicious ones! way better than a bakery splurge...seriously...they taste just as good as many brownies i have had in my lifetime (and way better than anything i could actually make in the kitchen heehe). or what about the no pudge. no slouch at 120 cals.

anyway what i tend to do if i eat something at a place that doesn't have nutritional info for what i want, BUT that is similar to another place that has nutritional info online, i look up the other place and use their estimates. like if you look up various types of brownies on panera's website or au bon pain's website, they range from 350-450 for the various types of brownies they have (aka double chocolate, chocolate chip, raspberry chocolate etc), per brownie. so i'd sato myself 'okay those were probably like 400 each'. so yeah, not the best splurge, you coulda just eaten another 10 peanut butter eggs!! or what about one brownie, 5 pb eggs? hehe. bakery pastries don't tend to be 'skimped' on if you know what i mean...doubt they are using solely egg whites etc. i always try to remember this when tempted..esp since i have so many 'replacement' goodies at home now that if i really want something like a brownie or ice cream, i have 'healthy' alternatives that i can reward myself with later.

just got back from a 2.5m 40 minute brisk walk...it was about 80 here again today and the air was warm...it was divine to be out and walking in it as it got a little cooler but still enough to give me a bit more of a tan. gotta love it. i have been getting calls from companies and recruiters for 2 days now and honestly i can't motivate myself to really get on the horn and call them back yet!! i have 13 voicemails saved on my cell. anyone who has emailed me does get a response just because it's easier. but tomorrow i will need to dedicate about an hour out of my pleasure day lol...and actually buckle down and respond to some of these messages. the market is pretty hot here, it's a little crazy...i like being sought after i suppose but i also want to relax too. anyway tomorrow is friday so i vow to myself to listen to all the saved voicemail and return some calls. 2-3 of them sounded really interesting but i was in the car or whatever when i got the VM and then just got distracted later.

the evening will probably be really nice again so greg was saying we should go for our short 1m walk with portia after dinner...so i think we are going to do that. hopefully tonite i will be really tired and able to sleep entirely through the night! tomorrow we are talking about going to this irish restaurant near us to pre-celebrate st patty's day because we don't want to go out on saturday, it will be a madhouse! i tend to get yummies like fish n'chips, clam chowder and of course, raid the bread bowl, lol. oh and dessert. hee. my parents might join us, so we'll see how it all shapes up.

anyhow hope everyone had a wonderful thursday!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimberly, that''s why I suggested you go where you heart is. At the time I just wasn''t ready to admit that I wanted to go home so badly. Life''s just too short to not be where you want to be. And like I once said to you, if you get there ad don''t like it, you can leave!!

So, some of you may recall that back when I was trying to decide whether to take the corporate job in NC., one of our best friends is a successful mortgage broker and has two offices, one very close to our condo in Tampa. She tried so hard to get me to come work for her as mortgage officer and since it''s all commission I was just so hesitant to consider the opportunity. But, I know I''m really good at sales and I should have considered the offer and not put us through this mess to begin with. I called her tonight and the offer still stands. In her words..........put your clothes in your car, and get yourself home and come to work. So, if my old company doesn''t offer me my old job back, I do have a job waiting in the mortgage world in Tampa! I''m feeling even better about going home!!

And Jeff, it would be so good to meet you if you come to Tampa for a visit. Let''s see, I''m likely going home and I''ll probably meet Mrssalvo at some point and my buddy Jeff, the only other guy on the fitness thread.

Mara: Are you sure you and Greg wouldn''t want to consider Tampa? It''s a nice place to live and has big city amenities, but homes don''t cost nearly what they do in California, plus Florida is a no state income tax state. You might want to think about it??!!
28.gif
10.gif

I had a fantastic workout tonight. As usual, I work harder on Thursday nights because we take Friday''s off. So, instead of doing two sets on most machines I do three sets and I push the weights to the point my arms or legs feel like they might fall off. And, while I don''t increase the time I spend on the elliptical, I push the level a lot and push to the point that my legs are burning and my heart rate higher. So, the end result was I still traveled over 7 miles in 35 minutes, but I burned over 600 calories in 35 minutes. I pushed so hard that when I fially got off the elliptical, my right foot cramped and I started dancing around and looked like a total buffoon. It took a while for my right foot to stop cramping, but it finally calmed down. Maybe I shouldn''t have pushed so hard, but I''m sure my heart appreciated the effort!

Tomorrow''s Sushi night. YAY. I do like our Sushi place in Raleigh, but I truly miss our favorite Sushi place in Tampa. And it was within walking distance of our condo in Tampa to boot!

Thanks again to everyone for being here with me through all the ups and downs we''ve been through. One day soon, we''ll be settled again!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
So even with a pizza night out, I''m still at 1240 calories for the day...I saved room for mint chocolate chip ice cream! I''m so excited, so was John as I wanted him to make me enchiladas tonight and he was exhausted and not in the mood to cook!

I''m working tomorrow (preschool!!!
19.gif
), so I''ll probably be pretty worn out when I get home. We''ll get another short walk in, and then I''ll finish out my workouts on Saturday and Sunday.

My mom and I are flying up to the bay area to spend Mon-Wed with my sister, which means my food intake will probably be high (my sister and her hubby love to eat out and high fat foods). I''m going to volunteer to make dinner one night and the other I''m hoping she and her hubby go out to eat and leave my mom and I to babysit, which means I can be in charge of food again. I''m keeping my fingers crossed that it works out that way, anyways. But at worst, I get a bit off track for 3 days and then back on the wagon when I get home.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe kimberly, how much pizza did you eat, or rather not? hehe. i always calc pizza pretty high, aka 250-400 cals per slice depending on toppings. most of the popular pizza places we are all familiar with are online with nutritional values and they aren't very good, hehee. i think one of the best so far was thin crust veggie at like 200 cals per slice that i found, pizza hut maybe? our fave place locally has fab pizza but 75% of the cals in any pizza are in the crust, and their crust is really thick, so i expect it's a high calorie pizza. probably why i like it as a seriously confessed bread whore.. hehe.

rod...we've actually visited tampa before. greg has family near plant city so we went over there like 2 years ago and stayed for 3-4 days. we drove through a bunch of coastal towns that were really cute too (sarasota etc) and had some a lot of fun on our trip. we ate at a yummy place i can't recall. overall it seemed like a nice place to visit for a few days but not for us to live. it was spring so the weather was really nice but we've also been to other areas of florida in the summer and man is it humid!!! like WAY worse than any east coast city i have visited in summer...hehee. so unfortunately florida in general is probably never in our cards. but home is home and i totally get missing it...i totally am afraid of the same thing happening to us if we moved. not so much greg but more me. born and raised here, it would be really hard to leave.

so for dinner i made steak tacos with flank steak pan-seared with cajun spices and lemon juice, and then put leftover corn avocado salsa sprinkled with cumin on top, and a bit of 4 cheese mexican blend on the la tortilla factory tortillas. SUPER yummy. greg got more steak and lots of cheese on his, hehee. then i also made us salads with chopped apples, bleu cheese and dijon vinaigrette. yum. dessert i'm not sure about yet, i was going to do a brownie sundae but i might not have enough ice cream so i might just do a dreyers ice cream bar! mmmm.

tomorrow night we are going to this irish pub/restaurant after all (rosie mccann's for anyone familiar)...it's a pretty cool one in an outdoor shopping area near us, so i made a reservation, my parents are joining us so that will be a fun dinner. it's been a few weeks since we've met them for dinner so it will be nice to catch up. (rod another reason it's hard to leave!)

kimberly, enjoy your splurge days next week...i'm sure it won't derail you at all!! and speaking of mint choco chip, that's next on my list for dreyers slow churned, i am almost out of mocha almond fudge, hehe.

on a random note, does anyone who tracks their cals in a spreadsheet ever go back and look at what they ate in like dec or jan or something like that? it's kind of fun sometimes i go back and look at what i ate one week to the next, aka what cereal i was 'hot' on at the time or new 'treat' i'd found etc. kinda funny.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally get it Mara. And you are right, it''s really hot and humid in Florida in the summer. Perhaps you should visit Raleigh more in the summer time. It get''s pretty darn hot here too. It regularly goes over 100 degrees in the summer sometimes for several days. While the summers here may not be as long as summers in Florida, it does get really hot and humid too. I don''t want to discourage you from Raleigh. It''s a very nice town. It''s not really a city, but if I was raising children, I could certainly understand the attractiveness of the area. The schools seem pretty good and there''s a good quality of life here. Like I said, it''s not really a city. But most of the things you want are here. There''s "The" art museum, "The" science museum, "The" arena for big concerts, and "The" theatre for broadway type shows. There are like three malls, two in Raleigh (one of which has a Saks) and one mall in Durham, where Nordstrom is. The countryside is where the great deals exist on homes. I believe you commented you and Greg were looking further out. And while you''ll find nice suburban communities with attractively priced homes, I''m thinking you''ll long for the more city like lifestyle you obviously enjoy in San Fran. I guess the reality is you can pretty much find what you want here, you just have to look harder for it. For us, we would only consider living "Inside the Beltline." It''s where more Democrats live (LOL) and it has a more establishe city like feel, at least to us. But, you''ll find that home prices inside the beltline are significantly higher than outside the beltline. You and Greg will have to come and see for yourself. And I really hope I''m not scaring you away with my desire to go home to Tampa.

Your friend,
Rod

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I think it''s impossible that I will remember everything I want to say and I''ve only made it through page 2 of this thread! Wow!

Lorelei, congrats on 2 sizes down! That is fantastic!!!

Monarch, congrats again on being smoke free! I was hoping that one day soon you would decide to quit and so happy to see that you have! After that major walk that you accomplished, you can do anything!! Really, I was so impressed w/you and now, I am all over again!! Keep up the great work!

DJ, that''s great about buying a new pair of pants! That is a fantastic feeling or just to fit into something that was too tight not that long ago.

Deco, congrats on the weight loss! Way to go!!!

Mara, I love those waffles too. I tend to buy a box and eat them for breakfast until they''re gone, especially w/a little lowfat syrup and fruit. It is so filling and feels like it''s much worse for you than it is.

As for me, things are going well. I did 5 days last week and it has been a loooooong time since I did that. 3 so far this week w/two more to go. My weekly goal is 4 but I felt so good doing 5 last week that I want to try and keep it up. I had my Spanish class tonight and normally, I''d never workout after work but before class. Tonight, I did and I felt proud of myself. One big motivator for me was losing 3 lbs last week. I have also still been tracking on sparkpeople and think it is so helpful. When I''m feeling a little off track, it really helps to pull me back in. Also, last night I had a weight watchers ice cream sandwich and really wanted another late in the night. I saw this TLC special about overweight people and it really helped me to realize that I can control my eating and my exercise if I choose to.

Off to sleep and on to pgs. 3-5 tomorrow.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Dixie! I feel a lot better about myself now, I knew I would once I quit. Plus I figured up today that the amount of money I''ll be saving per month by not buying cigarettes is approximately the same as what I''ll be paying my orthodontist every month starting in April, coincidentally! That really motivates me to stay quit for good this time!

I will have to catch up on this thread tomorrow, I''m pretty tired!
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
For anyone using the SparkPeople caloric intake ranges...and wondering where they come from, check this out!

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calorie_calculation101.asp

Interestingly enough it says you do not need to eat LESS that the SP recommendation range, aka if it says 1500-1800 a day then you shouldn't eat less than 1500 a day because it's already taking your minimum needs into account.

I tended to fall into the low end of my range when losing weight on average over the week but forthe most part I didn't really fall below it on a regular basis.

According to the calcs on that page re: BMR and activity and all that, if I want to maintain my weight and workout to burn 2700 cals a week, then I should be eating like 2050 cals a day. That's a lot!!
6.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did a hard 50 mins last night and burned 550 cals, not bad. Mara, recording the cals you burn is a great motivator, thanks for the tip! We have a whiteboard in our little gym and it is good to see my little sessions and resultant calorie burn add up
3.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, kept up with the Firm M, W, and F. I only did the dance video Thursday -- Tuesday I didn''t get much sleep and talked myself out of it. The dance video seemed really easy but I did sweat a little, so I guess it did something. I think I''m going to try my old Tae Bo videos from college on some Tuesdays and Thursdays because those always got my heart pumping fast.

A big jumping cricket (you know, the kind that make you worry you''re seeing them wrong and they''re really huge spiders?) tried to scare me away from exercising this morning. I tried to garner the courage to trap it for a few minutes, then chickened out and woke my husband up. That''s true love -- coming down to the basement at 6 a.m. to get the bug. (The bug was ushered outside, but we forgot the alarm was on, so this was quite an ordeal). All''s well that ends well, although I didn''t feel like I ever really found my groove.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2007 8:59:42 PM
Author: Mara
gosh dj if you wanted brownies, you shoulda just eaten the 100 cal vitalicious ones! way better than a bakery splurge...seriously...they taste just as good as many brownies i have had in my lifetime (and way better than anything i could actually make in the kitchen heehe). or what about the no pudge. no slouch at 120 cals.

I would have KILLED for some low cal options yesterday, but I was at the most boring meeting on the planet and there was nothing that I knew wasn''t bad for me, so I made the best of it!
9.gif

For breakfast I''m having coffee and oatmeal, for lunch I brought squash soup and baked lays, and I have a fridge full of grapes, bananas, yogurt and pudding to get me through the afternoon. The happy hubby is making dinner tonight (he bought a cookbook on casseroles of all crazy things) and he found a recipe with chicken, chicken sausage, tomatos, mushrooms, and some other stuff that sounds pretty Italian in genre to me, so that''s what we''re having. It is a much better choice than the first one he got excited about where the recipe started with "Take a stick of butter... " !
6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results