shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 12th March till 18th March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
It''s been a good workout week. I did 3 45 minute workouts, and I finally managed to do a 60 minute one last night. I was so tired, but it felt good to do that. Hopefully I will experience some weight loss soon. I''m still pretty tired today, but I am going to push myself through a short 30 minute workout. I know what you mean, Mara, about feeling bone tired. My muscles don''t hurt, so I didn''t pull anything, but my legs just feel like lead. I''m just tired in general today even after a decent night''s sleep. So, I don''t want to push myself too hard today. Five workouts in a row is rough, but I think I will start to see results.

I''ve also decided for the month of April that I''m going to give up alcohol entirely. I tend to have a few beers on Friday and Saturday on the weekends, and I feel like that''s holding back my weight loss. My husband disagrees with me that''s the issue, but all the same, I feel like it''s something I need to do.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Mara,

We went to Round Table and had a small Hawaiian pizza w/ regular crust. According to their nutrition info a slice from a large piece is 220 calories, a slice of a small piece is approx. 2/3 of a large piece, but I still guessed higher than that (200 calories per slice) just to be on the safe side. I ate 2.5 pieces of the small pizza and had a side salad, with Italian dressing on the side. So for my day:

breakfast: 200 cals
lunch: 200 cals
snacks: 140 cals
dinner: 700 cals

Have a happy Friday, all!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good idea with the beers etc Coda, I used to find it more difficult to keep my weight down when I used to drink some alcohol, so that might help kickstart those pounds for you!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei, how is your toe feeling for tonight''s shindig?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for asking Dee! I am in the process of pottering around and getting ready now, I tried the shoes on with my hose and it is painful, but numbs down after a while, I will have to use the lifts in the building as I wouldn't dare try the stairs - the shindig takes place in an upstairs function room. Once I am upstairs I should be ok and I will be seated thankfully for most of the evening. Hubby will be in uniform and holding their arm once they are dressed so is frowned upon, but I will do so if I need to!
16.gif
The pretty colours of said toe are better but it is still very swollen, I think I have broken the bugger!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats coda and pg on what sound like very productive workout weeks!! coda i know sometimes the bone tired bothers me more than anything...because when it happens it seems so RANDOM. it's not even like i can say 'oh well i worked out hard yesterday' because sometimes it happens on days after i didn't even work out, so you'd think that my body would be raring to go kinda thing. i can always push through it, but sometimes when i feel really energetic i wish i could bottle it and release it the minute i get on the elliptical, hehe. when i am out walking though i typically don't feel that same tiredness, it's mostly at the gym. but anyway i am just going to try to give my muscles more protein esp right after a workout (within 30 min) and also have incorporated more stretching throughout the day as well as before i go to bed and when i get up in the morning. can't hurt i figure!

dj...yeah isn't it amazing when you look at some of those old fashioned recipes? a stick of butter, 1/2c corn oil or whatever...yikes!! it's funny because now i can get by using the absolute minimum of any of oils or butters, or using the spray version and it tastes just as good to me really, and you taste FLAVORS more and less oil and butter taste. it's great how far a lot of that has come thank goodness for us. but in the 'old days' people were not as not overweight either so they must have been eating tiny portions!

kimberly, wow who knew that PH was so healthy, hehee...i actually wanted to make a little list of pizza's like that which are not that bad so that if we do want pizza then greg can have his splurge and i won't be derailed too much. i love the local pizza place but again i just know that crust is making the pizza probably really crazy. but i figure once in a while isn't bad, we just have not gotten around to eating it recently. on a random gross pizza note, i read that the costco slices of pizza, those big lunch ones people get? they are like 700 cals per slice for basically any type of pizza (they have 2-3 types?). it really amazes me because i wonder, okay how do you have a 230 cal slice of pizza and then a 700 cal slice of pizza? do you think 'oh this doesn't look greasy enough, lets pour some extra oil on it'??? it just blows my mind sometimes, it almost seems like some places TRY to be totally unhealthy. gross.

lorelei, awww i'm sorry your toe is still giving you troubles!! i know a little how you feel about the event and hobbling or similar because when i was having my stomach issue a few months ago, and didn't know what was wrong and it was hurting me one day somewhat badly, we had a friend's wedding in SF. there was dancing that night and we love dancing!! well 2 minutes out on the dance floor and i literally was in total pain. i couldn't dance. so poor greg had to sit with me on the sidelines while we watched like 80% of the rest of the reception dancing to this awesome 80's cover band. SO SAD!! everyone else that was sitting out was like 80+ years old. haha. i was really bummed, for greg too who was saddled with invalid me. so hopefully you have better luck of it later...i'm sure you will at least LOOK fabulous, hehe.

didn't really sleep in today, again i guess i am all caught up with sleep now that i am more relaxed...so i got up when greg was getting ready. breakfast was sliced banana with honey nut cheerios and ff milk with coffee. it's shaping up to be another 80 degree day which i am excited about..i plan to finally finish or get close to finishing the patio garden work...it's looking pretty sweet and things are starting to bud and bloom. also a workout at the gym later will round out my activity for the day. dinner is a little later tonite than typically so i'll have to be sure to space out snacks so i am not starving later and eat the entire bread basket. i am going to try to keep it to HALF. at least we'll be out with my family and my mom is a total bread lover like me so at least i will have to fight her for it. hahha.
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 11:21:47 AM
Author: merrijoy
Very cool, you all were talking about this yesterday, right?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17537369/site/newsweek/
Yep I posted that, I found it pretty interesting. To me it is basically like me going ''how am I going to spend my calories'' with the whole ''what is 100 cals'' kinda thing. I am always thinking about that when trying to decide what to eat. Okay if I eat that, what does it get my body in terms of nutrients and longevity for keeping me full? Sometimes I don''t CARE as much as others, aka if I just want something sweet I may not want to get nutritional value but if I can then cool. In general that article has some great points. When you start actually measuring things out and checking labels and all that it''s funny how quickly you can pick up on what is good vs not. Even 1c of cereal is not the same depending on diff types of cereal!

I did find it interesting that the article said they found in general that people eat about the same ''volume weight'' of food per day, even if it''s different types of food. So it''s almost like our bodies feel more satiated when they receive the same amount of weight of food they did the day before? Hmm.

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all!

No way I can catch up on this thread, but did want to check in. The early part of my week was completely derailed with wedding stuff -- registering and meetings with bakers
6.gif
We ate sooo many cake samples in two days ... and the sad part is that I don''t really even like cake (but FI sure does -- he was a happy camper). So, I missed my weekend workouts and my workouts on Monday and Tuesday. After those four days I felt like a big blob, even though I hadn''t gained any weight or anything. I just don''t feel like myself if I go more than a couple of days without a good workout. But I got back on track mid-week with 75 minutes of cardio on Wednesday (trying to make up for some of the inactivity) and a 60-minute step circuit class yesterday. Tonight will be another 60 minutes of step aerobics, then later we''re going out to a Dave and Buster''s for a friends birthday. Food choices probably won''t be so goood ... but maybe I''ll burn a few more calories bowling! I''ll try to get in some more exercise here and there over the weekend in between my wedding invitation addressing sessions. Next week will be the 9-week mark until the wedding, so things are getting busy, busy.

Oh, and I thought I would share my current snack obsession -- baby carrots. I find the crunchyness very satisfying, and they''re so low in calories. When I get snacky (but not necessarily truly hungry) in front of the computer at work, the baby carrots really work for me. And I can always use some extra vegetables in my diet.

Hope everyone is doing well. Monarch ~ I did see that you''ve quit smoking!!! Fantastic!!! Good for you!
36.gif

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i''m jealous of the 80 degree weather
29.gif
. its 31 degrees and snowing in balmy nyc...lol....anyways today is a lazy off workout day for me...tomorrow is a pilates workout day and then off to my mil''s for corn beef and cabbage. i''m making chicken noodle soup today (even though its lent and no meat on friday...oh well
12.gif
) with lots of fresh veggies...and i''m def. having a big cup of hot cocoa. happy friday to all!!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lunch turned out to be chili instead of squash soup, but since I ate so late and it was so much food I don't think I'll be snacking much this afternoon... (I actually kinda need a nap right now after that big bowl of hot chili... yawn... )

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 10:02:40 AM
Author: Lorelei
Thanks for asking Dee! I am in the process of pottering around and getting ready now, I tried the shoes on with my hose and it is painful, but numbs down after a while, I will have to use the lifts in the building as I wouldn''t dare try the stairs - the shindig takes place in an upstairs function room. Once I am upstairs I should be ok and I will be seated thankfully for most of the evening. Hubby will be in uniform and holding their arm once they are dressed so is frowned upon, but I will do so if I need to!
16.gif
The pretty colours of said toe are better but it is still very swollen, I think I have broken the bugger!
Is/was hubby in the military? *sigh* I just love a man in uniform...Sorry I missed you, wanted to wish you a good time. Hope it goes well for you and the lil piggy!

I saw my best friend today, we speak on the phone all the time, but don''t see each other that often since she lives in another town and opened a shop a couple years ago. Anyway, she dropped in unexpectedly this morning, and she said "you''ve lost weight". I did a happy dance! Even though I knew I had, I felt like it wasn''t enough for anyone else to tell. Guess not, yay!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Mara: I was suprised by the low calories in RT pizza too. DH LOVES pizza, he could eat it 7 days a week. We haven''t had it since I started counting calories, at least not from a pizza joint. So when he called me yesterday and sounded so exhausted I did some investigating on RT''s website and discovered I can definitely fit in some pizza. The must just pour on the oil and cheese at costco. RT''s pizza isn''t at all greasy, which I like, so we can definitely fit in a pizza trip every once in a while if I can do so and still manage to come in under my calorie count for the day.

Today was a great day at work, pre-schoolers don''t know that they aren''t supposed to respect substitutes so they do whatever you say! It was great!

I''ve been awake since 4, so I''m a bit worn out. WIll get a walk in later. It''s beautiful out 82 degrees and sunny.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe well this morning i got a little carried away with the cereal and ate 2 more bowls of crunchy corn bran...mmm. love that stuff and it's got 5g of fiber per serving and only 90 cals. then went to the gym and burned 600 cals and did a ton of arm work...my arms were so sore leaving! but it's almost summer so i gotta have the sculpted shoulder thing going on. lunch was a TJ's chili and lime chicken burger with salsa on it..mmm. lots of protein. and then a TJ greek salad with only 1/2 the feta and TJ's fat free balsamic. i'll probably have some passionfruit sorbet soon and some fruit as well later this afternoon. i was a little light on the scale today, so guess my extra workouts and walking is paying off in some way, hehe. now i am sitting outside in the sun trying to get a little more of a tan...take advantage of these 80 degree days. they were saying we might get rain next week so i figure i'll get out here while i can!! later i'll take P for a 1m walk.

hope everyone is having a fabulous friday!!! and kimberly, now i am checking out RT's website...maybe we'll have to get a pizza from them next week sometime. greg would be so happy!

congrats ellen on friends seeing progress, that always feels so fabulous!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mara, it did indeed give me a boost!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i hope everyone is out having a friday evening splurge, hehee.

our dinner isn''t for another 2 hours...i was thinking we could go walk around this outdoor mall which is really cool, before dinner but my ankle started kind of hurting last nite and today during the workout and after it was kind of sore. i think all this walking i have been doing may have kind of tweaked it a bit. i just want it to get better so i have been kind of elevating it and staying off it...i might get an ankle brace at the drugstore to wear while walking and working out just to make sure that it doesn''t get any worse but i don''t want to stop my workouts and it''s just twinges here and there and no swelling or anything so hopefully it''ll be better in a few days. i was supposed to walk tomorrow, but maybe i will do something else for a small workout, like some home weights, leg exercises, pilates kinda stuff on the ball maybe. we''ll see.

snacks this afternoon was some passionfruit sorbet, and a 1/2 a fage with strawberry jam and splenda. that is the best 50 cal snack, hehe. and lots of protein.

hope everyone is having a great friday evening or getting ready to have one!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One the way home I was going to do 15 minutes worth of errands... that went on for an hour and a half... I had *almost* talked myself out of working out but that chili I had for lunch kept nagging at my conscious and so I went and did the elliptical for an hour (550 cals).

The happy hubby changed his mind about the casserole and we had one with whole wheat pasta, shrimp, spinnach, tomatos, mushrooms and feta instead. SO GOOD. There was definitely some butter in there, and the feta was full fat, but totally worth it. I really wanted another helping, but I stopped at one and went for a chocolate Toffuti Cuttie (sp?). Does anyone else love those things? I eat them just because they taste good and not because they're made of out tofu. Totally yummy!

Tomorrow morning I'll work out again and then I'm doing some serious shopping. Spring is HERE and my Am Ex is ready for it!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone........

I finally told my parents what''s going on. I was pleased to hear them be so supportive of our decision to go home, with or without jobs. If anything, my father seems really excited about the possibility I may leave the corporate world and strike out in the private mortgage sector. He thinks I''ll be quite successful doing that. Then I called our realtor in Tampa and told her to change the listing from sale and/or rental to just sale. And she know''s we''ve decided to come home. We''re just not sure exactly when we''ll be home, but it''s just so comforting to know we are going home. The scenarios are: We both go home employed with the same company OR we both go home completely unemployed. I think Charlie prefers the later and I''m just happy to know I''m going home, so whichever scenario comes true, I''ll be OK. If we go home with jobs we can take the condo off the market. If we go home without jobs, we''ll still sell the condo and when it does, buy something much less expensive with the proceeds. We''d like to be in a position of not ever having to be tied to a job in order to pay the mortgage!!

We met for Sushi like we usually do on a Friday. Then we had coffee and scones (Panera Tart Cherry) at Starbucks. Today''s weather was absolutely lousy. We had something like 3- 5 inches of non-stop drenching rain with tempertures steadily declining throuhgout the day. Then we came home from coffee and as we neared our end of town, it was eerily dark. The electricity was out for a significant portion of Raleigh and we''ve been sitting in the dark, without heat for the last few hours. It just makes me want to run back to Florida even sooner. Obviously, powers finally back on.

Tomorrow, we''ll have a normal Saturday. Cars washed, lunch, coffee, 3 hours at the gym, then we''ve been invited to friends house for Corned Beef and Cabbage for St Patrick''s day.

Hope you''re all enjoying a nice Friday and you''re weekend is looking good.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 10:08:32 PM
Author: Rod
Hey Everyone........

I finally told my parents what''s going on. I was pleased to hear them be so supportive of our decision to go home, with or without jobs. If anything, my father seems really excited about the possibility I may leave the corporate world and strike out in the private mortgage sector. He thinks I''ll be quite successful doing that. Then I called our realtor in Tampa and told her to change the listing from sale and/or rental to just sale. And she know''s we''ve decided to come home. We''re just not sure exactly when we''ll be home, but it''s just so comforting to know we are going home. The scenarios are: We both go home employed with the same company OR we both go home completely unemployed. I think Charlie prefers the later and I''m just happy to know I''m going home, so whichever scenario comes true, I''ll be OK. If we go home with jobs we can take the condo off the market. If we go home without jobs, we''ll still sell the condo and when it does, buy something much less expensive with the proceeds. We''d like to be in a position of not ever having to be tied to a job in order to pay the mortgage!!

We met for Sushi like we usually do on a Friday. Then we had coffee and scones (Panera Tart Cherry) at Starbucks. Today''s weather was absolutely lousy. We had something like 3- 5 inches of non-stop drenching rain with tempertures steadily declining throuhgout the day. Then we came home from coffee and as we neared our end of town, it was eerily dark. The electricity was out for a significant portion of Raleigh and we''ve been sitting in the dark, without heat for the last few hours. It just makes me want to run back to Florida even sooner. Obviously, powers finally back on.

Tomorrow, we''ll have a normal Saturday. Cars washed, lunch, coffee, 3 hours at the gym, then we''ve been invited to friends house for Corned Beef and Cabbage for St Patrick''s day.

Hope you''re all enjoying a nice Friday and you''re weekend is looking good.
Isn''t it amazing that no matter how adult we become the approval of our parents is still so important to us? I''m so thrilled to hear your parents'' reaction was so positive Rod.

I am a believer in that when we are true to ourselves things will fall into place. And I''m sure they will for you and Charlie.

We had enchiladas and a fruit salad for dinner, yum! Tomorrow is a workout day. No celebrating St. Paddy''s day for us. The Irish Catholic in me says I should be going to church, not drinking green beer. We''ll likely have a quiet dinner at home tomorrow night (I HATE corned beef and cabbage so it won''t be that!) and just lay low for the rest of the weekend. John and I are both traveling Monday-Wednesday of next week, he for business I for pleasure, so it will be nice to just hang out together before going our seperate ways.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a pretty good day food-wise...I''m on basically soft-chew foods now, though, unfortunately. Breakfast was oatmeal, lunch was TJ''s corn and roasted pepper soup with croutons but I had to wait until they had soaked up enough soup not to be crunchy, then dinner was a veggie burger, oven-baked crinkle-cut fries, and vegetarian baked beans--I''ve been on sort of a kiddie-food kick this past week for some reason. Not completely healthy, but still trying to stay around 1800-2000 calories a day.

Yesterday I was watching FitTV and one of the little intros to one of the workout shows was this what-you-can-do-at-home with fitness accessories bits, and one of the exercises involved free weights, which I use religiously but only for arm toning. This one that they showed was a combination of bicep curls, a squat, and over the head weight raises so it worked the arms, shoulders/upper back, and gluts/thighs, and I''m going to start incorporating those daily. Certainly a good all-in-one exercise! This past week I''ve been doing more core exercises, like crunches and "bicycles" and am feeling a bit more toned in the belly area.

so funny that Pizza Hut veggie lovers'' was mentioned here...yes, the thin n'' crispy crust veggie lover''s is right around 200 cal. per slice! It''s actually my favorite pizza for the fact that it involves lots of veggies and not a crazy amount of cheese. In fact, some of the PH''s carry low-fat cheese you can request as well (unfortunately our local PH doesn''t have that option, boo), but you can also request that they go easy on the cheese. One of these days if I ever get around to becoming vegan I would like to try one without any cheese! I like the veggies and sauce so much that I can''t imagine it''s not as fulfilling without cheese.

So St. Pat''s Day is tomorrow...we are going to Dh''s favorite little hole in the wall bar that serves free corned beef and cabbage tomorrow night. I personally do not eat it, but he loves it and actually just made a huge amount of it a few weeks ago for a little family dinner party we hosted. I ate the cabbage and potatos and carrots and spent a lot of time in the bathroom the next day, lol! But it was quite tasty. No green beer for us, but MAYBE shot of Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey if I feel like growing a little chest hair. Ya never know...sometimes I like to live on the edge, hee hee. Other than that I will just be happy that one more week of winter is over here!
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey monarch so have you had work done yet, you mention soft chewing foods but i can''t recall seeing a post where you said you had anything done yet? did i miss it?

DJ i used to like the tofutti cuties til i got a strawberry version one and it was SO GROSS i was immediately turned off of them from that point on. and for the same cals i can have the dreyers slow churned which to me tastes exactly like regular ice cream so i am all about subs that have that ''real'' taste. my friend who likes the cuties said the same thing, that you have to stick with vanilla and not get all crazy with flavors because that''s when it''s not good. hehe. but i love ice cream sandwiches for sure.

we went to the local nice irish restaurant here tonite...it was a beautiful night out at the outdoor mall area and it was packed with people! but we got lucky with parking, and so we walked around with my parents for a while then went and got our table inside the restaurant. dinner was yummy as usual...we don''t go to this place that often but it''s good. greg and i shared a bowl of clam chowder, and then i got the fish and chips with garlic rosemary fries. i use a TON of malt vinegar so what happens is the batter always falls off the fish. which works for me because i don''t like to eat the batter really anyway. so i ended up with a big pile of batter and eating most of the fish. so much healthier that way i guess haha. but i ate most of my fries, love those things. greg had the corned beef and cabbage which was interesting because the corned beef was really lean, really no fat. greg loved it. and he had black and tan beers. the bread was the irish soda bread which i think is a little healthier than our typical sourdough (drier and less sweet) and i actually managed to only have 3 small pieces with butter this time! haha. then of course dessert, everyone else was stuffed which was funny because my mom and sister are huge dessert freaks like me. i asked for the menu and of course, bread pudding with frangelico cream sauce, it arrives with the bp in a 10oz-ish ramekin and you pour the frangelico cream in a little pitcher over it and the bp soaks it all up. it was pretty yummy but very ''mild'' due to the cream sauce. i am definitely more into the whole bourbon/pecan/caramel kinda bread puddings than this one, but it was still good so of course i ate the whole thing! greg helped a little but it was mostly all me. i was tempted to not get dessert and just have us stop at the local ben and jerrys there at the mall and get a scoop of ice cream but then i was like screw it, i have been looking fwd to dessert out all week, so i''m doing it! and it was tasty. there was also a guiness ghiradelli chocolate cake which was my 2nd choice, but the bp was calling my name.

hopefully tomorrow my ankle feels better so we can do our walk/run thing, if not i will probably go to the gym and do the elliptical for a mini workout just to get the calorie burn i want for tomorrow. we''ll see. i''d love to be out walking in the sun tomorrow instead of at the gym.

oh and of course my mom had to take the opportunity to tell me that i am ''shrinking too much''...haha. and that i look ''too small up here'' (shoulders etc). greg and my dad were like ''no she looks fine!'' and saying that i was just very lean now. so then it turned into this big debate. she''s like ''you need to eat more''. both greg and i were like ''I DO EAT!!!'' it''s kinda funny considering i have a really healthy appetite and can rival greg many times when eating. so i took great pleasure in eating all my fish and my fries and the whole dessert.
5.gif
when we were leaving my dad was joking around going ''oh are you going to the ben and jerrys now to get ice cream'' and i said ''oh yeah, since i am wasting away'' and my mom stuck her tongue out at me.
3.gif

anyhow, bedtime, hope everyone had a great night, rod hope you enjoyed your yummy scone...mmm! and glad to hear your parents are being supportive. tomorrow night we are talking about going to our fave burger dive place and getting some burgers and fries and an actual real soda for me (and beer for greg!)...we''re hoping that this place will be not packed since everyone else will be at the local irish pubs and bars and restaurants!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe i was curious so i went to pizza hut's website and they have that cool nutrition calculator that taco bell and KFC has where you add things to your pizza and then calculate cals and if you remove mushrooms etc it shows you differences.

anyway here is a quickie comparison...also they have this new 'fit n'delicious' line of pizzas which are lower fat and lower cal...but also smaller slices though, so you don't save THAT much really over thin n'crispy since the pieces are smaller. the cals are pretty close with the thin n'crispy, fit n'delicious and hand-tossed. if we got a medium 12" and it was like 8 slices then i could have like 3 and greg could eat the rest! hehe.

Fit n'Delicious:

http://www.pizzahut.com/menu/nutritioninfo/documents/fitndelicious.pdf

there is a PH near our house which we have never been in...maybe we'll pay a visit next week. hehe.

PH comparison:
fit n'delicious 12" medium chicken and veggie: 160 cals, 5g fat per slice (72g)
fit n'delicious 12" medium veggie only: 140 cals 4g fat per slice (66g)
hand tossed style 12" medium: pepperoni, olive, mushroom: 240c, 10g fat per slice (122g)
hand tossed style 12" medium: olive, mushroom, green pepper: 220c, 8g fat per slice (114g)
thin n'crispy 12" medium: pepperoni, olive, mushroom: 200c, 9g fat per slice (110g)
thin n'crispy 12" medium: olive, green pepper, mushroom: 190c, 7g fat per slice (100g)

interestingly enough the pepperoni doesn't add that much cals to it...i love pepperoni so i'd LOVE to have a pizza with some on it, not a ton though. when we get pizzas we typically get pepperoni and black olive or like 1/2 pepperoni only for greg and 1/2 mushroom and olive for me (then i snitch a pepperoni from greg!).

for anyone who loves dominos:

http://www.dominos.com/Public-EN/Site+Content/Primary/See+the+Menu/Nutrition/

they have it all laid out so you build your own pizza, aka choose crust, add cheese and sauce then toppings. pretty interesting and not that bad for you either, aka thin crust with sauce and cheese with pepperoni is about 200 cals per slice for medium 12" as well.

and as kimberly already mentioned up above, round table also offers more healthy options as well, i was checking their website out earlier as well.

http://www.roundtablepizza.com/RTP/menu/nutrition/listing.asp

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 9:18:06 PM
Author: Mara
i hope everyone is out having a friday evening splurge, hehee.

our dinner isn''t for another 2 hours...i was thinking we could go walk around this outdoor mall which is really cool, before dinner but my ankle started kind of hurting last nite and today during the workout and after it was kind of sore. i think all this walking i have been doing may have kind of tweaked it a bit. i just want it to get better so i have been kind of elevating it and staying off it...i might get an ankle brace at the drugstore to wear while walking and working out just to make sure that it doesn''t get any worse but i don''t want to stop my workouts and it''s just twinges here and there and no swelling or anything so hopefully it''ll be better in a few days. i was supposed to walk tomorrow, but maybe i will do something else for a small workout, like some home weights, leg exercises, pilates kinda stuff on the ball maybe. we''ll see.

snacks this afternoon was some passionfruit sorbet, and a 1/2 a fage with strawberry jam and splenda. that is the best 50 cal snack, hehe. and lots of protein.

hope everyone is having a great friday evening or getting ready to have one!!

I had too much of a friday night splurge!! I went to tgi fridays and had the chicken fajitas. They were delicious! I went to the dentist yesterday so I didnt have lunch so they were my lunch and my dinner. Does anyone know roughly how many calories are in the fajitas with the sour cream and guacamole?

Went out with some of our friends and D last night but I only had one glass of wine so was very well behaved. On a fun note too, D has really noticed my weight loss and didnt take his arm from around me last night at all. He''s always been a loving boyfriend and has always fancied me no matter what Ive weighed, but since Ive started toning up and losing weight, he''s been constantly looking at me when we''re out and always saying how sexy I look. It feels great!!
3.gif
. Going to take a trip to the gym in a few mins before the paddys day celebrations begin!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes Ellen, Hubby is in the military and most smart he looked in dress uniform
3.gif
3.gif
, thanks for thinking of me! WELL DONE on your compliment from the friend, it makes it so worthwhile when people notice! Mara the toe wasn't too bad thanks and I managed just about keeping my foot rigid, but I must say I was pleased with how I looked - all those workouts have paid off bigtime! The suit fitted well so I was pleased. The dinner was terrible so I didn't use up many calories with that
emotion-41.gif
!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2007 8:41:35 AM
3.gif
3.gif
, thanks for thinking of me! WELL DONE on your compliment from the friend, it makes it so worthwhile when people notice! Mara the toe wasn''t too bad thanks and I managed just about keeping my foot rigid, but I must say I was pleased with how I looked - all those workouts have paid off bigtime! The suit fitted well so I was pleased. The dinner was terrible so I didn''t use up many calories with that
emotion-41.gif
!
Oh, I bet he did!

And yes, the compliment just egged me on to behave last night, as hubby took me out to eat unexpectedly. The dinner came with veggies and mashed potatoes, and I only took a few VERY small bites of the spuds. No one can know how hard this was, as they were absolutely delicious, and I honestly think I was a potato in another life (LOVE them). lol

Sorry to hear your dinner didn''t go so well, but at least you looked smashing, and that''s all that really matters, right?!?
9.gif
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/17/2007 9:33:20 AM
Author: Ellen

3.gif
3.gif
, thanks for thinking of me! WELL DONE on your compliment from the friend, it makes it so worthwhile when people notice! Mara the toe wasn''t too bad thanks and I managed just about keeping my foot rigid, but I must say I was pleased with how I looked - all those workouts have paid off bigtime! The suit fitted well so I was pleased. The dinner was terrible so I didn''t use up many calories with that
emotion-41.gif
!
Oh, I bet he did!

And yes, the compliment just egged me on to behave last night, as hubby took me out to eat unexpectedly. The dinner came with veggies and mashed potatoes, and I only took a few VERY small bites of the spuds. No one can know how hard this was, as they were absolutely delicious, and I honestly think I was a potato in another life (LOVE them). lol

Sorry to hear your dinner didn''t go so well, but at least you looked smashing, and that''s all that really matters, right?!?
9.gif
2.gif
Yes! I admire your restraint with the spuds, I love well made mashed taties with butter and hot milk mixed in with a leetle pepper...YUMMO! I would have just shovelled them in and done xtra on the treadmill as penance
12.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just back from the gym; did 358 cals on the bike in an hour. I've discovered the key to the bike is reading material. So far I've only tried magazines, but I imagine a book might get me through too, plus it would be less unweildly to hold.

I'm headed out to a suburban mall today to do some shopping. Shoes, bras, spring sweaters -- just ring it up and put in the bags because I need it all! I have to make it back early though because one of my clients is having a housewarming party from 3-5 and then we're going out to dinner.

I saw on the news this morning while I was at the gym that they plan on dying the Chicago River green starting at 10:45 so I guess I could also make the 100 yard stroll over to the river walk in our complex and take a gander at that before I head out.

Mara, I only get the chocolate toffuti cuties. I'm weird about ice cream things like ice cream, so chocolate is really the only flavor I'm interested in. If the choice was a strawberry or vanilla TC or no TC, well, I guess I ain't havin' the TC! That has also been the key to my marriage. When the HH goes to get ice cream he only buys flavors that he knows I won't eat, so he gets what he wants and I'm not even remotely tempted. Chunky Monkey -- blech!!!

Rod, it's wonderful that your parents are so supportive and that you and Charlie finally have a decision in place to go "home." Really, in following your saga here for the past few months, I truly feel you belong more in Tampa than where you are.

Lorelei, a handsome military husband and a great new slimmed down figure -- you go girl! Would love to see some pics if you and the hubby didn't mind them being posted.

Bee, isn't it great when our men notice the improvement? The other day my HH said, oh look, you have your thin face back. (Still not 100% sure how I feel about that comment, LOL!)

Monnie, enjoy your St. Patty's day celebration! As for the Tullamore growing chest hair--are you *sure* you want to do that?!?

Kimberly, I'm with you on the hating corned beef and cabbage thing. I am Irish, but I think that part of my genetic make-up got left out somehow...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei: So sorry dinner wasn''t good, but glad that you felt as beautiful as I am sure you looked!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like everyone is getting such great positive feedback from all these sources (husbands, FIs, friends, clothes) - its so great to read about it and I''m just so happy for everyone. I''ve been getting good feedback from my DH, but he sees me every day so its harder for him to see the change. I did finally get it together to go to my dinner group that I''m part of with a bunch of girlfriends last week, and a couple of the girls there commented on how I looked good and had lost weight, and that felt amazing. Just to put that in context, I always feel a teeny bit intimidated by these women because they are all at least a couple of years older than I am, every single one of them is attractive, only one of them has a minor weight issue and the rest are all thin, and they are all super-smart and further along in their careers/education than I am (mostly because they''re older, but still). Anyway, those compliments from them somehow really meant a lot.

Rod - that sounds so wonderful about your reaction from your parents. I think its so great when parents can be supportive, because so often they just aren''t able to get past their own stuff and trying to project their own choices onto their offspring, but I think that''s so fantastic that they''re being supportive. It really sounds like you guys are making the right choice, and I''m so glad to hear you''re feeling more at peace with everything.

I also wanted to chime in on the pizza discussion. I don''t usually get pizza out because I find that they always put too much cheese on it for me, but one thing that worked really well in college (when we went weeks in the dorms living on delivery pizza, especially during finals...) was to order pizza on a "healthy" crust (whole wheat or thin), with fresh veggies and tomato sauce, and then I would keep a bag of shredded low fat cheese or shredded soy cheese in my dorm room fridge and just sprinkle lightly with that, then microwave or toaster oven just for a minute to melt the cheese. I enjoyed the pizza just as much, but it didn''t make me sick that way, or make me feel super-guilty. Anyway, just another thought for those of you looking at pizza options.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3.gif
3.gif
, thanks for thinking of me!
HI:

Swoon--a man in a uniform.......m m m!!! Glad you toe didn''t bother you too much!

Rod, what a difficult decision you''ve made, good for you. Glad the support was there for you when you needed it. I would miss my home, by the water, too.!

Sounds like everyone else is doing swimmingly. I had a glass of wine yesterday after a "dry" month, and naturally I have a headache today. Anyway. It is Italian out tonight after the Car Show.

Enjoy your weekend!

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results