shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 12th March till 18th March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2007 2:35:38 PM
Author: Mara
DJ...I was able to shrink them SLIGHTLY but nothing huge. I don''t wear like 8 pairs of my jeans anymore, they just look silly on me. I really need to sell them on eBay and get rid of them. They are really nice jeans too, expensive brands, in great condition. I do have a pair of AE jeans that are in a size 6 and they are too big for me but I don''t fit into a 4 yet...so I just dry them for an extra long cycle when I wash them which makes them good to wear for a few hours but after that they get baggy on the legs and butt and drive me INSANE. I hate that look. So I might retire those soon, they were only $30. hehee. I pretty much got a bunch of cheapo $30 jeans from AE while I was losing weight which worked out perfectly (and I do like AE jeans in general, I might get some more at some point), and then waited to get my expensive Paiges til I was at the size I wanted to be. I shouldn''t change that much more body wise.

I was afraid that would be the case. Oh well, new jeans for me too then. I hate shopping for jeans only second to shopping for shoes (I am a size 5 and it''s almost impossible to find anything I like "off the rack") and bras (which I also need now that I think about it). Looks like my weekend is going to be spent at the mall!

BTW, I have this weird thing going on where my hips are full and my thighs are full but there is starting to be this like "indendation" in between the fullest part of both. I''m sure this is something I should be *glad* about but it makes things fit kinda funny LOL.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah my body did some funky things when i was losing. aka my small side love handles or saddlebags or whatever they call them were the absolute last to go. so those were kind of still hanging out...and making jeans fitting kind of tough around the lower hip area, but then i''d have indents under them right above my thighs, where the muscle was tightening up i guess? so i had a kind of funky look too for a while. i was thankful it was not bathing suit season right about then. lol. but finally then the saddlebags started going and now it''s a smooth line...yay.

i try to remember that whenever i think about eating something really bad, like do i really want to have to deal with getting to this place i am at now again??? hopefully not. it was really hard work and watching your body do all sorts of funny things while it figures things out!!

but indents are PROGRESS so that is awesome.

off to lunch now, mmm carbs!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 12:01:20 PM
Author: Lorelei
Thanks SB, also a quick threadjack, how is your horse now?
hi lorelei! thanks for asking. he is doing pretty well, almost done with his ulcer meds. he actually got salmonella (!) a couple weeks ago, unrelated to the ulcers, and had to stay up at the veterinary hospital for 5 days in isolation and getting IV fluids, poor thing...but he is much better now and happy to be home. we have no idea how he got it, no other horses at the barn were sick, but it''s all been thoroughly cleaned at this point. so we are hoping his run of bad luck wil be over for a while...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Wednesday Everyone.

staying right on track with the calories and healthy eating which has been great. i did notice yesterday was the first day since I started calorie counting that I really felt hungry..all day...I stayed in my range but could have easily indulged myself. feeling better today though with a Larabar for breakfast, half a turkey sandwich and some healthy chips for lunch, a piece of fruit as a snack and making lean burgers and a small salad for dinner.

got a good long walk in with Zoe too..

ok, and is it just in my area or did the choc. chip fiber one bars disappear off the shelves? I''ve gone to 4 stores and now there is only the oats and peanut butter ones, the spot where the choc. chip one''s are gone?? I kept thinking maybe the miscaculated the nutrition info b/c they were way to good to only be 140 calories. anyway, I can no longer find them anywhere.

I did however find the new Edy''s/Dreyer''s crunch bars and picked up some of those intead
9.gif

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 4:11:59 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Happy Wednesday Everyone.

staying right on track with the calories and healthy eating which has been great. i did notice yesterday was the first day since I started calorie counting that I really felt hungry..all day...I stayed in my range but could have easily indulged myself. feeling better today though with a Larabar for breakfast, half a turkey sandwich and some healthy chips for lunch, a piece of fruit as a snack and making lean burgers and a small salad for dinner.

got a good long walk in with Zoe too..

ok, and is it just in my area or did the choc. chip fiber one bars disappear off the shelves? I've gone to 4 stores and now there is only the oats and peanut butter ones, the spot where the choc. chip one's are gone?? I kept thinking maybe the miscaculated the nutrition info b/c they were way to good to only be 140 calories. anyway, I can no longer find them anywhere.

I did however find the new Edy's/Dreyer's crunch bars and picked up some of those intead
9.gif
I bought the fiber one bars once and now they are non-existent in any of my stores here
33.gif

ETA: I just did a quick search and found this: http://www.diet-blog.com/archives/2007/02/05/fiber_one_oats_and_chocolate_bar_review.php

Pretty interesting.

EETA: Found this one too. More interesting:
http://www.fitnessmantra.info/2007/02/22/fiber-one-chewy-bars-oats-and-chocolate-fitnessmantra-product-review/

Aaaand one more:
http://www.iateapie.net/reviews/archives/2007/02/fiber_one_oats.php

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
merrijoy, interesting links. I agree with most of them. it is a glorified candy bar but a great alternative to a real one as an occasional treat with low calories and the added fiber. I questioned all of the other ingredients which is why I don''t eat them often, unlike my Larabars which have more calories but are 100% organic and truthfully naturally sweeted plus you get fiber and a ton more vitamin''s (one bar counts as a serving of fruit which is a plus for me to.) anyway, I still wonder if the choc one''s have something going on to make them disappear...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 4:11:59 PM
Author: mrssalvo
i did notice yesterday was the first day since I started calorie counting that I really felt hungry..all day...I stayed in my range but could have easily indulged myself.

MEEEE TOOOO. Hopefully it was a one day thing ... today''s been ok! It''s cool to read what people are eating/doing etc - yet, sometimes post after post after post about it makes me HUNGRY! I think I''m gonna start reading this thread *after meals only* - so I''m less vulnerable! Right after I get back from the store ...: shopping list: Vitalicious Brownies, Edy''s Cookie Bars (though I already have the WW version in the freezer), Magic Syrup ... like an escapee from a fat farm I''ll be in that checkout line.
20.gif

Took Tallulah for a longer walk than she''s used to today -- since it''s HURRAY 75 degrees in NY!! She is zonked. She barely begged me for pieces of my apple & is now SNORING. Hee hee hee. Such a tiny thing ... 30 minutes for her is a lifetime. Panting like an old boxer, she was. Think she needs to ramp up to fitness like I''m trying to. I''ll have to do about 20 more minutes on the treadmill later -- exactly what I was hoping to avoid on such a nice day!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 9:55:05 PM
Author: Mara
FG how the heck do you stay full on one bowl of special K til lunch? that's crazy! that stuff never keeps me full for more than literally 30 min. hehe. it has no real nutrients in it though so maybe that's why.
I think it's multiple things - first, I down an entire 24 oz bottle of water with the treadmill workout so that fills up some stomach space. Then after showering and having the special K (and I have 1.5 c cereal with 1 cup skim milk, which is actually 1.5 servings), there are only about 3 hours until my coworkers and I have lunch. So that's not a long slog. The long slog in my day is between lunch and dinner, which is why I usually have a midafternoon snack.

Funny you mention rice cakes - I happened to buy some butter flavored quaker rice cakes and at 60 cal, that is definitely yum! I also bought some quaker cheddar flavored soy crisps, which have 5.5 g protein per serving and 180 cal. Definitely satisfies the cheesy/crunchy urge and is still good for you! Yum.

Where can I find these vitalicious brownies?!!!?

ETA: I have got to find these new Luna bar flavors...the last time I had some was like 2 years ago and I was addicted to the key lime ones. but peanut butter cookie? Hello lovah....
30.gif

ETAA: I like sparkpeople but I wish it had more cal info...usually can't find the stuff (or comparable) that I eat. I had a miso soup packet from a friend and the closest thing I found on SP was 400 cal for 2/3 cup. I asked a friend for the cal info...more like 40 cal, not 400! So some things have been more of an educated guess on the cal intake, but I am around 1800 consistently.

Sevenwires

Rough_Rock

Hi everyone! Seems like everyone is doing a great job of eating and working out! Do you guys think if it wasn’t for this thread that a lot of us wouldn’t even have started this whole eating healthy and working out thing? I know I wouldn’t have. After following this thread for a few months, and a lot of going back and forth, I finally got motivated (I think).

By the end of this week it will have marked my full 3 weeks of working out 6x a week. I still haven’t seen any changes in weight yet. But I’m just going to trust Mara and anyone who has gone through the same thing that I just need to stay on top of it, and then it’ll eventually happen.

I went to the gym this morning and started out with my trainer and did 50 minutes of weights for chest, triceps, and shoulders. I’ll be conservative and estimate that to be at least 100 cals. After the training session I did 50 minutes of cardio on my own on the treadmill. Burned 515 calories. So total today is at least 615 cals if not more.

But lately I noticed I get SO tired. I’m going to try to get some more rest now that I work out a lot more. My normal nights are usually 6 – 7 hours of rest. Def. not enough.

What time do you go to sleep at night normally? On weeknights and weekends?

Eating has been great. I’m not very consistent as to how many calories I eat. My trainer says with the amount of training and cardio I do.. I should eat about 1800 cals per day ( to build muscle). But with all this eating healthy stuff, high protein, high fiber… I’m full already sometimes when I only reach about 1350 – 1450. Then there are some days I feel more like snacking and my cal for that day would be something more like 1700 – 1800. I think my average for each week is somewhere around 1500 – 1600, so that doesn’t seem too bad.

The brownies sound good, Mara. I think I’m going to get some too. I’m just about out of the hostess cupcakes. Speaking of deserts, I feel like having my cupcakes right now. OOoooor…. Should I just have my popcorn? Okay, nevermind… what am I talking about.. They’re the same amount of calories anyway, so it’s not much of a difference. But somehow the 3 little cupcakes feel more evil.

Oh, one other question in case anyone knows…. You know there’s this brand Fiber Sure? Or something like that.. you can pretty much add the fiber powder into your drinks or food? Well I was reading at Costco on the bottle it said something about the powder not turning liquid into this sticky gelatin or anything while it’s in your liquid. Then I’m wondering what good does that do in the body? Cuz doesn’t fiber bulk up and trap liquid? I don’t get it.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 9:43:05 PM
Author: Rod

Date: 3/13/2007 8:24:27 AM
Good luck on your new gym membership MrsSalvo!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I know my Hubby had calf issues which we solved with the right shoes, something to do with if you walk on the outside of your feet or inside ( supinate or overpronate - can''t remember which is which!) But the calf cramps he had were completely gone once he got these shoes, he walks on the outsides of his feet, so when I need my next pair I will get some of these too. Rod has some I think also, he will probably have more info.
I found that I had terrible cramps and calf issues with shoes that were my size. It wasn''t until I discovered that I had to buy shoes at least 1/2 size larger. For me, Asics work best. I have two pair, one for the gym and one higher quality pair for running (I have the Gel Kinsei for running). Don''t go to a discount shoe place to buy workout shoes. Go to a real specialty fitness shoe store (they usually cater to runners) and while it can be a bit more intimidating, they have people who are way more knowledgeable. They''ll ensure you don''t pronate or supinate (walk inwards or outwards) and they''ll recommedn the brand and size that will really help avoid pain and discomfort.
I definitely found this to to be true - when I was in Houston I went to a running store and they even did treadmill analysis on me - watched me walk and run on the treadmill. Turns out I overpronate and they recommended stability shoes for me. They were awesome. Everyone definitely needs a good pair of workout shoes. I also have 2 pairs like Rod, one for running, one for everything else.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah i did notice that the fiber one bars have high fructose corn syrup...but honestly i have read lots of articles on the stuff and the bottom line is that it's not bad for you if you don't eat a ton of it. why it's being linked to obesity in americans is because they overconsume items that have it in there. because it's a cheap sweetener, lots of large companies use it as a sugar substitute. and because it's cheaper to make the product then...it's cheaper to sell to the consumer. so they eat more of it. think of it like the peppridge farm cookies, or if you buy cookies that are like $5 each. you are not going to eat 10 of those in a sitting, that's $50. but a cheapo package of oreos? you can eat like 10 in one sitting.

so as long as i'm not consuming 5 fiber one bars every day and sitting around, it's really not a bad thing. i always check labels when i buy things and i do buy things with it in there (quaker oat crisps have it too) but i tend to not overeat portions.

odd though that the fiber one choco bars are not on shelves, i have seen them recently...but i haven't llooked for them in the last few days or anything because i have like 10 in the pantry, hehee.

FG i am a freak because since i have become more fit and workout all the time and all that, i have to eat like every 2 hours or else i swear i start to fall apart...hehe. i used to just have 3 meals a day but no more. it's all about the mini meal for me. i think my body likes it better too. so yeah the special K thing wouldn't work for me. i eat breakfasts that have a ton of fiber and protein and those only last 2 hours, the special K with no nutritional value in it would last me like 10 minutes. hehe. i'm so jealous! oh and if you are looking for calorie counts, i love www.calorie-count.com and also www.calorieking.com is great.

oh and whoever asked about shoes, i totally agree with going to a running or shoe store that specializes in stuff like that and having them watch you walk and video you and then recommend shoes. i did this with orangevixen my last time and they recommended a pair of shoes i just love. and they were not any more or less expensive than me randomly going to nordstrom and pointing and buying on my own with no help. so i totally agree with those recommendations on getting a great shoe for your foot and your gait etc.

you gals that are going hungry, eat when you are hungry! especially if you are working out. i am a total calorie bang-for-my-buck whore. aka if 100 cals gets me one of the following: a pack of hostess cupcakes, 2 cookies, a 100 cal popcorn, 1/2 a luna bar, or a 0% fage with sugar free jam, splenda and honey...depending on what i am going to be doing or what i just did i will choose my food. aka if i just worked out, i'm having the fage because it's got a ton of protein for my muscles. if i am not working out and i am not hungry but just want a snack i might do the cupcakes because i don't NEED anything but just want a snack and at least they have some fiber. if i want something because i'm actually HUNGRY and need something filling, i will do the popcorn because it's like 5c of popcorn so it will make me feel full and give me some whole grains. chances are i will not do the cookies unless i am going to be eating soon and aren't hungry at all because they are a total superfluous calorie spend and probably net me nothing nutritional. so my advice is think about what you are eating when you are eating it...how do you want to spend your calories? this is why i PLAN out my days ahead of time. because i know what i'll be doing and when and i put snacks in that fit with what i am going to be doing (aka working out or lounging around) and when i might need something.

anyhow...went to the gym and put my carbs to work for 67 minutes on the elliptical and 610 cals burned. greg and i are taking P out for a mile walk later this evening so that's a bit more ICU. my lunch was awesome with my girlfriend, however they sometimes give us free dessert at this place, and today it was mango ice cream and fried banana, argh!! one of our faves. so i had a scoop of ice cream and a banana, 1/2 fried and 1/2 picked the fried off, lol. but yeah that was like 400 cals i didn't intend to eat today, oh well. i burned 110 more cals than i planned to at the gym and with our walk later it'll be mostly gone! lol. oh and after lunch i went to loehmanns and got some super cute summer stuff (woohoo i am a size Small in Juicy now and a 4 in DKNY!)...so that burned calories i'm sure with all the walking around the store, carrying the clothes, changing sessions etc etc.
3.gif
yep. that's my story.

oh and seven re: the fiber powder stuff, i have read in countless articles to get your fiber from actual foods, they say that the supplements are really not as beneficial somehow. don't have more info though, i just know i have read that before more than once...and gone hmmm.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Mara - thanks for the advice. The sparkpeople and fitday calculations I did said that for walking 4 mph for 1 hour would burn like 250 calories. Actually, I think fitday said less, but it''s always lower than the sparkpeople calcs (425 vs. 500 for my daily bike ride). That''s great that you get so much more out of it though! Fiance doesn''t mind going for long walks, or walking to the mall or whatnot, so hopefully we''ll get some in. I''m thinking that if I stay around 600 calories for breakfast/lunch/snacks that I can stlll afford 1000 calories for dinners and still be in a decent range. I''m usually around 700-800 by dinnertime, so it''s not too far off if I manage it carefully. I''m going to experiment tomorrow since I''ll be at the airport. If I have toast and PB for breakfast (280) and pack Fage (80), FiberOne bar (140) and Soy crisps (140) then that will put me at 640 by dinner.

Anyway, I did my usual 50 minute bike ride and 1 hour of weights. I took my measurements, and I have lost some inches: I''m down 1.25 inches on my waist, 1.25 inches on my hips, and 1 inch on my thighs. Yeay!!

In terms of eating, I had a smoked salmon/laughing cow cheese sandwich for breakfast. Snack at 10:30 was a big portion of cantaloupe and honeydew. Lunch was a half of a veggie sub with cheese and mustard and a dill pickle. In the afternoon I had a FiberOne bar, and for dinner I made Flat-out pizza again because I needed to use some stuff up. That puts me at 1182 according to sparkpeople, which is about 300 below my goal and a very low cal day for me. It''s almost 9:30 now and I just finished packing and I''m not particularly hungry, so I think I may just go to bed. I know I shouldn''t be that low on calories but since I''ll probably have a fairly high cal day tomorrow, I hope it balances out.

I feel like as I get used to a lower calorie diet, I can get by with less. I used to be constantly starving at 1300 or 1400 cal/day. Now I just had a <1200 day and I wasn''t all that hungry all day! I think as Mara mentioned, the frequent meals help, and it''s been nice that my schedule has been accomodating of that lately. A lot of times it isn''t.

I''ve had trouble finding the FiberOne bars too. The first place I looked had them, but then both kinds were gone off the shelf at the second and third places. I guess I just figured they were really popular. As for the HFCS and transfats...I try not to eat too much of it, but if it sneaks in here and there to an otherwise healthy snack, I''m not going to worry too much about it.

I''m definitely going to look for those Vitalicious brownies when I get to Fiance''s, cause he loves his slow-churned ice cream. According to the website, they carry them in the local grocery store.

Tomorrow I''m going to try to get in a 30 minute bike ride in the morning before work, then straight to the airport in the afternoon. 20 hours til I see Fiance!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh and also re the Fiber One Bars...I remember reading on Hungry Girl that she said TONS of people had written in about them so I would imagine they are pretty popular...which maybe they are sold out esp since they are getting more and more press? Who knows. I''m just glad I have 10 in the pantry, lol. The PB ones are awesome too.

Basil, I am sure you will do fine on your vacation. Actually I found on traveling/airport days, if I packed a few things to eat, I was totally fine while traveling until dinner that night. And I found on traveling days if I knew I was going to have a big dinner, I was mentally able to adjust to eating less during the days too. Like one day in Vegas, the day I worked out even, I had a Luna Bar for breakfast, then an apple and a coffee at like 3pm and that was it til dinner at 7pm! Where I totally made up for it. And I worked out that day, but I felt fine. I think part of it is what you eat the night before as well, like when runners carboload the night before for a race the next day. I find when I eat a splurge or we eat out the night before, the next day my workout definitely feels more fueled and it''s easier to have a ''light'' day on eating. So just listen to your body, feed it when it''s hungry, don''t when it''s not...and have a great time. Also yes get in as much walking as possible. Also you can do things like leg lifts, jumping jacks, situps, pushups on every other day as well, which does burn some cals and gets your blood pumping and heart rate up. Almost any time you raise your heart rate, it helps jump your metabolism a bit too.

Tomorrow I am meeting my coworker at the mall for some shopping (like I need to do more shopping, argh...Loehmanns today was bad enough) and I remember reading on some article that was basically talking about ICUs (aka how to get more calories burned by doing daily things)...and it said next time you go to the mall, walk around the mall 3 times before actually doing your shopping. I thought that was kinda funny but now I am like HEY what an interesting idea, I will totally try it since I have the extra time. I might do it after the shopping though depending on time. But walking around the mall for ICU''s will be intriguing, hehee.

Dinner tonite is loaded baked potatoes...they are in the oven now. They will be loaded with yummy turkey chili, sour cream, fresh chopped chives, and black olives. Greg is getting a ton of cheese on his as well since he''s a growing boy!! I tried to find a smaller potato for me and man they are all practically supersized. We''re having side salads from TJ as well. Yum. Dessert will most likely be the slow churned ice cream bar (yay) even though after my splurge earlier today I should be having something less cals, but whatever...gotta live, hehe.
3.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy evening all!

We had a delish dinner that I''ll need to add to the recipe thread. Hunan Beef, or something like that. It requires sauting in peanut oil, but you pour the oil out when you''re done and we remeasured it and we about an inth less than what you start with, so overall a good for you meal (and peanut oil is really good for you).

Basil don''t worry about your vacation, you are going to be just fine! Along with taking snacks, perhaps choosing to eat 2 larger meals and small, healthy snacks through the day will help you make it through.

I am really stiff and sore today. Tomorrow is a workout day so I''m hoping to push through it. Teaching requires a lot of physical activity and I think I''ve selected the wrong shoes to wear each day! Must go buy comfy flats!

Have a great evening all.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey everyone. Thanks for the kind thoughts and I'm sorry for being so needy lately.

Maybe having made some sort of decision whether it's what we really do or not, did the trick and I slept really well last night. My attitude at work is better too. Typically, if something's bothering me, I don't really do anything about it. I tend to be a brooder, but the president and owner of the company came and brought up a subject today that had been really bothering me and when he commented that perhaps I had gotten the wrong impression about where he stood on a subject, I calmly and without hesitation reiterated exactly what he had said and I asked him how else I could have interpreted the discussion. And with that, he said he liked that I tackle things head on and he agreed with my assessment and he actually apologized. Still doesn't cure things, nor make me feel all is great and I want to stay, but I do feel better. Still not sure what the future holds, but do think we'll do what is best for us, regardless of what anyone else thinks we should do. And I have to believe we'll be OK.

I ate good and healthy like most days. Breakfast was my usual fresh berries with 1/2 cup of high fiber cereal and fat free milk. I did have a couple chips during the day which were left over from a mexican buffet they had in the office yesterday. Charlie and I had lunch at Panera (and Mara, we're still not eating scones, except on the weekends - LOL) and I had the low fat vegetable soup, 1/2 a turkey sandwich on sour dough with a touch of mayo, lettuce tomato and swiss cheese. I didn't leave work until after 6 again, but I had another killer workout at the gym. I guess with my newfound calm over having made some sort of decision, it has really fueled two really strong workouts in a row. I'm still working hard on unassisted chin ups and dips and I'm making really good progress. Actually, a trainer was near when I was doing my three sets of 10 chinups and he commented that I was doing really well. Not bad for a 52 year old guy!! Then for dinner, we had a nice healthy salad, a slice of toasted whole grain bread with Smart Balance spread and of course my 3 pieces of Lindt Dark Chocolate.

That'a about all the news for today. Tomorrow we'll be at the gym for our third night in a row and then Friday is Sushi night. YAY.

Hope you're all having a good evening.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loaded baked potatoes were a huge success! For anyone interested, here is what we did.

2 Baking Russett Potatoes (I did one smaller for me like around 5x2 and then Greg's was like 8x4 lol)
Smart Balance
Can of Turkey Chili
Reduced Fat 4 Cheese Mexican Blend
Lowfat Sour Cream
Fresh Chopped Chives
Sliced Black Olives

I microwaved the potatoes partway (6 minutes), then baked them the rest of the way (40 minutes) since they take absolutely forever in the oven on their own!! Then cut them open, put a bit of Smart Balance in there, some salt & pepper, then scooped the chili in, put the cheese on top to melt into the chili, then a few dabs of sour cream, some sliced olives and some chives on top. Serve with cracked black pepper and salt on the side. You can mix and match however you want, but they came out GREAT like this.

My potato was smaller and I did about a little smart balance, 1/2cup of the turkey chili, a sprinkle of the cheese blend, about 1 tablespoon of sour cream, sprinkling of black olives and chives and it was about 380 cals total and it was a MEAL. Oh I didn't eat the skin, I know it's where a lot of the vitamins are but it's also a lot of cals (a med potato with flesh only is like 140 cals and a med potato with flesh and skin is 220...mine was larger than medium so I estimated about 200 cals for my flesh only) and after my splurge today I didn't have any to spare! The potato and a 1/2 a side salad made me really full!

If you want to beef it up, add more turkey chili, way more cheese etc etc. That is what I did for Greg. You could even do chopped or sliced up chicken breast instead of the chili, broccoli inside the potato, etc.

Anyhow totally recommended, we will definitely be doing that again soon. And it was very easy!
5.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Rod - I do think that making maor life decisions does give you a huge sense of relief when its been hanging over your head for a while. I really hope that things work out one way or the other for you and Charlie soon - this has been a long time to be worrying about such a big thing as where you''re living!

OK, has anyone else tried the AC LaRocco frozen Pizzas? I saw it in the Organics section at the market today and decided to try it. Its SUPER yummy (we had the artichoke and spinach thin crust version) - very flavorful, with a nice whole wheat nutty-tasting crust, lots of garlic and onion flavoring the toppings. And the best part - one slice (1/6 of the pizza) is only 128 calories, and has 8g of fiber and 11g of protein!!! Because of the whole grain crust its pretty filling - I had two of those slices and a small salad for dinner and it was pretty satisfying, and you could certainly have more since its so low-cal (in my case DH had the rest so I couldn''t have had more, which is probably a good thing). Anyway, I can''t wait to try the other flavors!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2007 11:33:44 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Rod - I do think that making maor life decisions does give you a huge sense of relief when its been hanging over your head for a while. I really hope that things work out one way or the other for you and Charlie soon - this has been a long time to be worrying about such a big thing as where you''re living!

OK, has anyone else tried the AC LaRocco frozen Pizzas? I saw it in the Organics section at the market today and decided to try it. Its SUPER yummy (we had the artichoke and spinach thin crust version) - very flavorful, with a nice whole wheat nutty-tasting crust, lots of garlic and onion flavoring the toppings. And the best part - one slice (1/6 of the pizza) is only 128 calories, and has 8g of fiber and 11g of protein!!! Because of the whole grain crust its pretty filling - I had two of those slices and a small salad for dinner and it was pretty satisfying, and you could certainly have more since its so low-cal (in my case DH had the rest so I couldn''t have had more, which is probably a good thing). Anyway, I can''t wait to try the other flavors!!
Thanks Amber. There is something calming about making a big decision. For weeks I had been feeling like a lost puppy and when I finally verbalized how unhappy I was that was a relief. Now that we''ve at least agree to do something about it, I do feel much better. Thanks again.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
AG was this at your regular supermarket? It''s so confusing here because Whole Foods carries some organic brands, TJ carries some other ones that WF doesn''t and then our regular supermarket has some organics but not all the supermarkets have the same ones. It''s hard to know where to find things!!

Anyway I am not familiar with the AC Rocco so I googled them and found this:

http://www.aclarocco.com/products.htm

Looks like their Quattro Fromaggio and the Spinach Artichoke are the ones with low cals (140 and 128 respectively per serving)...the rest of them all have 215-240 cals per serving each. But definitely tempting and I love the idea of the Quattro Fromaggio one, yum!! I will have to look for them next time I am at the store.

Also last time I was there I checked out the CPK White Pizza that someone else recommended recently...definitely tempting to try at some point soon! But our freezer is so packed right now, lol...I have to make some room first! Eating pizza always feels so decadent but it''s great when it''s actually NOT!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Mara - I actually found it in the organic section at Safeway. I don''t know where else they sell it. I agree about the confusion though - I''ve now got it down to TJ''s and either Safeway or Albertson, and that feels like an accomplishment (I just don''t have time to run everywhere to get everything, so this is the best compromise).

I didn''t actually check the nutrition info on the other kinds, so that''s good to know that some are healthy and some not as much. I agree about pizza - we actually end up eating healthy pizzas at least once every two weeks or so, but usually I have to make them using TJ''s raw pizza dough, which is kind of a pain, so this is much easier and quicker. It certainly does feel like an indulgence now though - I kind of overdosed on pizza in college and my first year in grad school because it was just everywhere, but now I''m getting back into it.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sweet, AG, I am going to check my Safeway next time!

Interesting article below about using 'Volumetrics' to lose weight, the premise is that you eat more low-energy-density foods that have the same amount of calories as other foods that do not keep you full as longer. aka less french fries and more baked potato. It reminds me of my whole 'how are you going to spend your calories' thing...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17537369/site/newsweek/

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Kim, I read your post quickly and thought you had HUMAN BEEF for dinner!
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif

Hehehe...I forgot to mention that I have a new TV for the gym and guess what I am watching now while I workout????

dah dahdah....dah DAH dahdah....

DYNASTY!!!!!!!!!!

It is interesting to walk with your head hung in shame, toes curled ( except my bad one) with embarrassment whilst on a treadmill. The acting was so wooden it would keep any lumber factory going for 100 years if I am uncharitable. I cannot believe every Friday night back in the eighties I was so pleased as it was DYNASTY night!
3.gif

Still it was fun and I had a great workout!

SB, glad your boy is doing better, he has been through it recently and that must have been very scary with the salmonellosis.

Rod, rooting for you

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 5:22:57 AM

Hehehe...I forgot to mention that I have a new TV for the gym and guess what I am watching now while I workout????

DYNASTY!!!!!!!!!!

It is interesting to walk with your head hung in shame, toes curled ( except my bad one) with embarrassment whilst on a treadmill. The acting was so wooden it would keep any lumber factory going for 100 years if I am uncharitable. I cannot believe every Friday night back in the eighties I was so pleased as it was DYNASTY night!
3.gif
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2007 7:08:07 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 3/15/2007 5:22:57 AM

DYNASTY!!!!!!!!!!

3.gif
9.gif
Heheheh....!

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
i haven''t posted in a while but i''m not totally falling apart in the exercise/diet area. but i''m not doing all that great either.

me and fi went to santa fe last weekend and it is such a beautiful little city. we may move there, so we''re super excited about that, but there are some other places too, like atlanta, denver, austin that we may move to. does anyone ever notice that everytime they get on an airplane they come down with something within a week? i swear that happens to me almost every time! fi says it''s just a coincidence or it''s just in my head! also doesn''t help that i''m working part time at a preschool.

so i''m actually REALLY bummed b/c i wanted to get up yesterday morning and go to the Y, but felt like crap, and then this morning i felt even worse, like congested in my chest and heavy head and tired. it''s not all THAT bad, but i wonder should i just go to the gym anyways and just take it easy there, or should i wait it out a few more days so that i don''t get ever sicker?? i like the idea about walking around in the mall. maybe i''ll do that + some situps this afternoon.

i''m getting a little bit ansy b/c my wedding is in 3 months and i''m just not where i want to be physically, and i''m worried b/c we''re going to atlanta in a few weeks and then denver a few weeks after that, and am i just going to be sick for the next few months?

the good news is that the 3-4 lbs i lost in jan-feb is staying off. so i figure i should lose 4-5 more lbs, and that should do it. i heard that you lose a few lbs in the week before your wedding just from all the stress and excitement. did any of you married ladies experience that?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning all!

The happy hubby had a big pot of spaghetti sauce waiting for me when I got home from being with my client last night. I really didn't want a bowl of pasta at 9 pm, but he had waited until I got home to have dinner so I had about 2 ounces of whole wheat spaghetti with the sauce and it was delish. Then I broke into the chocolate pudding and peanut butter too!

Tonight I should be able to get a workout in, assuming no clients make a last minute request to see any properties. My knees and chest are all feeling pretty good right now (for a change, LOL!) so I look forward to a nice hour on the elliptical.

Had the buffalo sloppy joes this morning for breakfast, but with baked lays this time instead of that nasty white bread tasteless bun that I ate it with yesterday. The buns are 240 cals and I asked the HH why he got them and he said the looked so good. And they DO look like they would be good, but the reality is they are kind mushy and blah. That's OK--it poses one less temptation in my life, ha ha.

I brough chicken soup for lunch, grapes and yogurt for a snack, and either a LC or left overs for dinner. Since I'm down 15 whole pounds I'm really inspired to be good right now!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
DeeJay: I am proud to present you with the award for "Most Unique Breakfast Choices."
Lorelei: Not so much, that actually made my skin crawl.

Rod: Somehow in my reading I missed what decision it is you and Charlie have come to. Could you please share again?

Mara: I found those ice cream bars at the store yesterday, but I didn''t buy any as I have mint chocolate chip ice cream (slow churned) in the fridge. But definitely a new thing to try. They even had the cookies and cream bars.

So today is a workout day. I''m not looking forward to putting on tennis shoes as my feet are covered in blisters. I''m not sure what we''re having for dinner. I''ll figure it out later today.

Happy Thursday!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really do think a trip to the opticians is in order for me....
23.gif
This is happening a lot that I misread words and sorry to have made your skin crawl....
40.gif
This is coming from someone who always calls eminem " einem" as I couldn't see how his name was spelled! Einem he is and always will be now much to Hubby's eternal shame....

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
nejarb - I definitely lost weight, actually not the last week, but the few weeks before that. I think I may have been a little bloated the week of, just because there were all these family dinners (catered or at restaurants) and it was mostly Italian as a crowd-pleaser and so I ended up eating too much white bread and white pasta. That was the beauty of a corset back on my dress though - I didn''t have to stress about it one way or the other.

I definitely agree with you on getting sick after getting off planes, and I don''t think you''re imagining it. Planes have SO MANY nasty germs, floating around in their dreadful recirculated air - its just horrible. I bring hand sanitizer with me always and use it frequently, and I''m almost compulsive about washing my hands, but I still always seem to get sick. I would think that travel weakens your immune system as well, just because it tends to be somewhat stressful. we had a little discussion about it last week and I posted about guidelines that I had from my doctor and from reading up on it about when to work out when you''re sick vs. no working out. Basically it boils down to anything that is in your head, and doesn''t have a fever or stomach upset, working out gently can actually help because it stimulates your immune system. If its more of a chest thing (especially if it impairs your breathing), or you have a high fever, or stomach upset, then probably not. And of course if you have any underlying conditions (I have asthma) that should help make the decision as well. Seems like a good discussion to have with a doctor that you trust and like to get general guidelines.

Rod - I hope all the good wishes here have helped. It certainly sounds like making a decision has helped. I really do hope you guys have a workable solution as a result of your decisiveness in the near future. I can really empathize right now - my DH and I are both going through trying to decide what we want to do with our careers and making huge transitions, plus we''re on the brink of buying a place to live, but right now everything is kind of suspended until some other things fall into place, and so I know how stressful it can be to feel like things are just in limbo and you''re trying to decide on the best course of action.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results