shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 12th Feb till 18th Feb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 9:25:28 AM
Author: Lorelei

ROFL Ellen!!!! As in Mrs Charles Ingalls???
41.gif
Yes.
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2007 8:56:19 AM
Date: 2/13/2007 8:53:43 AM

Author: Ellen

Date: 2/13/2007 8:48:35 AM

What a way to go...
28.gif
6.gif
Good Googling for Flabberlanches El !

That is the fact that we weren't picked that hurt, but as you say we have the last laugh now! I saw a pic of an ex boyfriend recently and suffice to say, the years hadn't been kind to him - bless him! I have worn a darn sight better than he has. Ooh, I used to think the sun rose and set with him...sigh...

AND THEY CALL IT PUPPY LOO...OOO.OOO..OOVE!!!!!!!!!!
emdog.gif

Back to the seventies we go!
emsmilep.gif
Again
3.gif
LOL!!
9.gif

*hiding from DeeJay*

Yes...and I would just like to take this opportunity to let Dee know that there is a sticky toffee pudding in my near future - yum yum for the tum as Kim says!
31.gif

BAAAAACK to the Seventies!!!!!!!! I used to like Donny Osmond when I was said plump, picked on kid!

You two better hide!!!

(For me it was John Travolta as Vinnie Barbarino. I had a lunch box with his face on it and I would kiss it every morning after my grandmother loaded it up with goodies and zipped it shut!)

Today I am planning on a lighter calorie day than yesterday. If I stick to my plan I should come in between 1200 and 1300 (a far cry from the almost 1700 that I managed to consume yesterday--with no workout either--YIKES!). And tonight I'm back to the gym.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2007 9:32:13 AM

Date: 2/13/2007 9:25:28 AM

ROFL Ellen!!!! As in Mrs Charles Ingalls???
41.gif
Yes.
9.gif
You would have to wear long prairie skirts with lace blouses and make lots of pies to be his Missus!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2007 9:41:19 AM
Author: Dee*Jay

What a way to go...
28.gif
6.gif

That is the fact that we weren''t picked that hurt, but as you say we have the last laugh now! I saw a pic of an ex boyfriend recently and suffice to say, the years hadn''t been kind to him - bless him! I have worn a darn sight better than he has. Ooh, I used to think the sun rose and set with him...sigh...

emdog.gif

emsmilep.gif
Again
3.gif
LOL!!
9.gif

*hiding from DeeJay*

Yes...and I would just like to take this opportunity to let Dee know that there is a sticky toffee pudding in my near future - yum yum for the tum as Kim says!
31.gif

BAAAAACK to the Seventies!!!!!!!! I used to like Donny Osmond when I was said plump, picked on kid!

You two better hide!!!

(For me it was John Travolta as Vinnie Barbarino. I had a lunch box with his face on it and I would kiss it every morning after my grandmother loaded it up with goodies and zipped it shut!)

Today I am planning on a lighter calorie day than yesterday. If I stick to my plan I should come in between 1200 and 1300 (a far cry from the almost 1700 that I managed to consume yesterday--with no workout either--YIKES!). And tonight I''m back to the gym.
* scrabbling for cover*

See Dee, how our little seventies sessions bring back such happy memories for you????
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i was so excited to see a whole new page of posts this morning, i love reading the posts in the mornings...then i realize it's just lorelei and ellen being silly again!! oh well!

banana cream pudding last nite was YUMMY. totally recommended and i am so jazzed that i found it at the store. if you love banana cream pie, get this and top it with a bit of whipped cream and you will think you were eating it, all for only 100 cals fo a good sized serving and just milk-fat. plus we could all use a bit more calcium anyway!
5.gif

this morning i'm having fiber one, honey bunches of oats and sliced banana as well as my morning coffee. lunch we are taking the team to this yummy bread bakery kinda place, (similar to au bon pain on the east coast)...i can never find any nutritional info for their stuff online but i looked up au bon pain's just out of curiousity since i know they have kind of the same setup and yikes. the sandwiches, healthy as they may be, are made on a lot of diff types of specialty breads, and are large...the one i get is just turkey breast, dijon mustard, avocado, sprouts, tomato and lettuce on a 'dutch crunch roll' and i typically get the 1/2 salad 1/2 sandwich thing but the bread is huge and i imagine that is where 80% of the cals are. so i thought i might ask for a nine grain substitution instead so at least it has some nutritional value, we'll see. i already planned for this in my day so as long as i curb the snacking this afternoon and eat what we planned for tonite i'll still be at my 1500ish mark i am aiming for.

funny but i was thinking last nite, gosh so i wonder how many cals i was eating on average when i was actually losing weight. pulled up my spreadsheet and went back through the weeks. the ss starts in november, so i started looking at the averages from there. it was surprising because i always thought mentally that i must have eaten about 1500ish average over 7 days while i was working out the 5x and 6x a week but in actuality i was eating anywhere between 1550 and 1750 average! 3 weeks were 1850 average. i thought wow! so basically what i am eating now to try to maintain (with 2 less workouts)...is what i was mostly eating 'back then', with a few lower weeks here and there. so it's not like i ever had a whole month or two of 1350 averages or anything and yet i still lost all my weight and most of it during oct-dec timeframe (even though i started in july). so just something for those who are cutting calories...and eating typically lower...if you are not seeing results but you are working out like mad, maybe try adding in a few more cals, healthy of course...like fruits or low-fat dairy...and see if it helps. it's also kind of fun to go back and see what i was eating when, aka around thanksgiving, lol!

hope everyone has a great day!
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2007 10:47:38 AM
Author: Mara
i was so excited to see a whole new page of posts this morning, i love reading the posts in the mornings...then i realize it''s just lorelei and ellen being silly again!! oh well!

banana cream pudding last nite was YUMMY. totally recommended and i am so jazzed that i found it at the store. if you love banana cream pie, get this and top it with a bit of whipped cream and you will think you were eating it, all for only 100 cals fo a good sized serving and just milk-fat. plus we could all use a bit more calcium anyway!
5.gif

this morning i''m having fiber one, honey bunches of oats and sliced banana as well as my morning coffee. lunch we are taking the team to this yummy bread bakery kinda place, (similar to au bon pain on the east coast)...i can never find any nutritional info for their stuff online but i looked up au bon pain''s just out of curiousity since i know they have kind of the same setup and yikes. the sandwiches, healthy as they may be, are made on a lot of diff types of specialty breads, and are large...the one i get is just turkey breast, dijon mustard, avocado, sprouts, tomato and lettuce on a ''dutch crunch roll'' and i typically get the 1/2 salad 1/2 sandwich thing but the bread is huge and i imagine that is where 80% of the cals are. so i thought i might ask for a nine grain substitution instead so at least it has some nutritional value, we''ll see. i already planned for this in my day so as long as i curb the snacking this afternoon and eat what we planned for tonite i''ll still be at my 1500ish mark i am aiming for.

funny but i was thinking last nite, gosh so i wonder how many cals i was eating on average when i was actually losing weight. pulled up my spreadsheet and went back through the weeks. the ss starts in november, so i started looking at the averages from there. it was surprising because i always thought mentally that i must have eaten about 1500ish average over 7 days while i was working out the 5x and 6x a week but in actuality i was eating anywhere between 1550 and 1750 average! 3 weeks were 1850 average. i thought wow! so basically what i am eating now to try to maintain (with 2 less workouts)...is what i was mostly eating ''back then'', with a few lower weeks here and there. so it''s not like i ever had a whole month or two of 1350 averages or anything and yet i still lost all my weight and most of it during oct-dec timeframe (even though i started in july). so just something for those who are cutting calories...and eating typically lower...if you are not seeing results but you are working out like mad, maybe try adding in a few more cals, healthy of course...like fruits or low-fat dairy...and see if it helps. it''s also kind of fun to go back and see what i was eating when, aka around thanksgiving, lol!

hope everyone has a great day!
2.gif
I bad...
emembarrassed.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 10:51:02 AM

I bad...
emembarrassed.gif
You''re not bad, you''re fun.
2.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock

What a way to go...
28.gif
6.gif

That is the fact that we weren''t picked that hurt, but as you say we have the last laugh now! I saw a pic of an ex boyfriend recently and suffice to say, the years hadn''t been kind to him - bless him! I have worn a darn sight better than he has. Ooh, I used to think the sun rose and set with him...sigh...

emdog.gif

emsmilep.gif
Again
3.gif
LOL!!
9.gif

*hiding from DeeJay*
31.gif

So was it as good as you''d hoped it would be???

scarlet, DH put the recipe in the cupboard, when I venture to the kitchen I''ll pull it down and post it. It really was good.

Today is another low cal day for me, at least that''s what I''m preparing for. But we are going out to dinner tonight before our play so I''ll have to find different ways of cutting back besides eating low cal in the evening.

Mara, thanks for the tip! I''m a west coaster like you, it''s Dryers for me. DH bought my Dreyer''s FY and it''s the same amount of cals as the slow churned, so I''ve learned from your post! I''ll have to check it out next time I go to the store.

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, my. Three pages and it''s only Tuesday morning!

Sounds like everyone is doing well. I had an overall crappy week last week, but it is a new week and I''m striving for a positive attitude
1.gif

Yesterday was great -- ate very well all day and had a fantabulous workout. I did a cardio circuit class for an hour, and by the end of it my arms and legs were so fatigued and heavy and shaky (but in a good way). I''m definitely sore today, but in that "good" way. Today''s workout will be a 30-minute step class and a 30-minute upper body toning class. If I''m feeling overly energetic, I may pop onto an elliptical afterwards for some more calorie burn.

On another topic, sometime ago I apparently signed up for Self magazine''s healthy recipe of the week email. This week it is chicken pot pie and I immediately thought of Mara! I don''t eat chicken, so I won''t be testing it out myself but thought I would share. Since I don''t ever eat it, I have no idea what is "normal" ... but the sodium in this ''healthy'' recipe seems high. But, any way, here it is:

ENLIGHTENED CHICKEN POT PIE (from Self.com)
Makes 6 servings

2 cups low-sodium nonfat chicken broth
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 lb new potatoes, unpeeled and diced
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 cup skim milk
1 small zucchini, diced
1 yellow squash, diced
1 green bellpepper, diced
1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 cups diced cooked chicken breast (one 10-oz package)

Topping
2 1/4 cups reduced-fat Bisquick
3/4 cup skim milk

Preheat oven to 450ºF. Bring 1 cup broth to a boil in a large pot. Add onion and cook 3 minutes, until soft, then add remaining 1 cup broth, potatoes and thyme. Bring to a boil and cook 8 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Meanwhile, combine cornstarch and 1 cup skim milk and stir until smooth. To cornstarch-milk mixture, add zucchini, yellow squash, red and green peppers, mushrooms, salt, pepper, mustard, and Worcestershire. Bring to a boil and cook about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken and remove from heat. Pour into a 9" deep-dish pie plate. To make the topping, combine Bisquick and skim milk in a bowl. Using hands, lay topping over filling surface and tap it down. Bake 15 minutes or until top is golden.

THE SKINNY
362 calories per serving
23 g protein
55 g carbohydrates
3.5 g dietary fiber
5.1 g fat (1.2 g saturated fat)
41 mg cholesterol
1,038 mg sodium

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2007 10:47:38 AM

funny but i was thinking last nite, gosh so i wonder how many cals i was eating on average when i was actually losing weight. pulled up my spreadsheet and went back through the weeks. the ss starts in november, so i started looking at the averages from there. it was surprising because i always thought mentally that i must have eaten about 1500ish average over 7 days while i was working out the 5x and 6x a week but in actuality i was eating anywhere between 1550 and 1750 average! 3 weeks were 1850 average. i thought wow! so basically what i am eating now to try to maintain (with 2 less workouts)...is what i was mostly eating ''back then'', with a few lower weeks here and there. so it''s not like i ever had a whole month or two of 1350 averages or anything and yet i still lost all my weight and most of it during oct-dec timeframe (even though i started in july). so just something for those who are cutting calories...and eating typically lower...if you are not seeing results but you are working out like mad, maybe try adding in a few more cals, healthy of course...like fruits or low-fat dairy...and see if it helps. it''s also kind of fun to go back and see what i was eating when, aka around thanksgiving, lol!
2.gif

Your timing on this post is perfect for me. I have a big spreadsheet at home where I track what I eat and my workouts. For the past two weeks I have worked our for more than 3000 cals each week, and have also been very good about keeping my cals below 1300 for at least five of the seven days, and yet I weighed exactly the same yesterday morning as I did two Mondays ago. I have been thinking about adding some more cals in. If *next Monday* the scale again hasn''t budged I''m going to try adding in 200-300 cals a day and see what happens.

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock

Dee,

Your dilemma sounds like mine. I have said in previous posts that I have been working out and running rather consistently for 7+ years. The only time I was able to lose weight (about 20+ pounds) was one I was running 35+ miles per week and eating about 300 calories per day - yeah a little sick...Oh, and I was 21 years old.

Today, I am averaging about 1500 calories and buring 500 calories 4 - 5 times a week at the gym - so figure 2000 cals conservatively. I do weights at least 3 times a week as well. According to Sparkspeople I should have lost weight months ago – but no go for me. I would love to lose at least 5 pounds, if I lost 10 I would be less than I was in HS. I am 5 foot tall (0 inches – ha!) and weigh 125. I have a D to DD chest and I somewhat big bootie – so maybe that is where all my weight is – I have people say that I look like gymnast though – with thicker legs – maybe that is from running.

I left Highschool at 118 pounds and in college I went up to the high 120s + after a car accident. Right before I met my husband – I was down to 108 pounds and very gaunt. This was when I was running 35+ miles a week and eating 300 cals. So maybe I messed up my metabolism??

Anyway, reading what you wrote and reading that you eat the 3 Musketeers – to you and all, please be careful in these products for the hidden pitfalls such as Modified Corn Starch and High Fructose Corn Syrup – it is in things like the yogurts, granola bars, etc. I have been getting the plain, plain yogurt with nothing in it and adding berries.

ETA: Here is my SparksPeople info. I guess I can lower my calories a bit and see if that helps. But I burn over the calories that they say. I was 130 pounds in Oct 2006. Now I am 125 - I believe that is due to dropping coffee from my diet and changing my birth control pill.

Your Diet Goals
Go From 130 to 118 by 12/30/2006

Consume between 1200 and 1550 calories per day

Burn at least 1020 calories per week.

Meredith

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Ok, one more thing - I bought some LCs yesterday - the spa ones with brown rice or whole wheat pasta? Anyway, they are about 250 cals and 18 grams or protein I think - but the sodium is about 600 mgs. This is why I never bought these. Does this high amount concern anyone else?

Meredith

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merri, thanks for the info. I just went in and updated my sparkpeople questionnaire because I''m working out quite a bit more than I had anticipated. Now it says I should consume 1400-1750 cals/day, so I think I will try upping my consumption a little and see how it goes. I am also five foot nuttin'' (
2.gif
), weighing 149 lbs (+/-) but I''m trying to go toward 110. I honestly have no idea what I look like at 110; it''s just a number that I plucked from a weight chart, so I''m sure I''ll have to revise that as I lose more and have a better actual sense of what the lower weight looks like on my frame. (And I have not much butt, but a definite C cup!)

Don''t worry about the 3 Muskateers, BTW. That was a short lived craving and I''m over it, LOL.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
merri...i personally don't really watch my sodium, because i love salt. hehe. and it has never bothered me. but i try not to eat too many things high in sodium THAT often. aka i wouldn't have LC's 2x a day or anything like that. but i have them about 3x a week. it's amazing how much salt there is in things in general aka even baking a cake and adding baking soda adds a fair amount of sodium to each piece of cake or muffin, like 300mg. and the daily value is like 800mg or something? not that much. however i find a lot of food tastes so bland (esp frozen stuff) without salt, and i just can't bring myself to eat stuff like that without salt, so i just eat them sparingly kinda thing. and i have low sodium soups and chicken broths etc so i try to make a diff where i can but i don't think about it that much.

in terms of eating and losing weight etc...just stay with it. i have posted this previously but it took me a FEW MONTHS for my body to drop any weight on the scale. this is a few months of eating better, eating less AND working out 3-4x a week. it wasn't until i did this for a few months then also dropped my cals a bit and also ratcheted up the workouts to 5-6x a week and then i started seeing results. but my body WAS burning fat that time, my body fat was pretty low at 22% even before the scale really started moving.

turtle, i saw that chicken pot pie recipe when i was looking around for mine, mine is actually adapted from a few different recipes i found online, i love to find 3-4 i like then take elements to make my own. also i like specific types of veggies in my CPP's etc so i had mental requirements on what i was looking for. i also wanted to use white wine as i had one made with white wine by a friend and loved it the taste it added. the sodium in that recipe, could it come from cornstarch? i think i used flour in mine...check out the sodium differences to see if it helps at all.

kimberly, def try the slow churned, i tried the slow churned like 2 years ago when it first came out and i was not impressed but now it's way better, or maybe it's the cookies and cream which possibly lends itself to better tastes than a full on chocolate one? not sure, as i haven't tried any other ones but i love the cookies n'cream one. if you worry about portioning it out, i buy the 15 cal ice cream cones and put a scoop on there and call that my portion (instead of having a 'bowl' which i tend to put like 2-3 scoops into).

oh and just my thoughts on the corn starch and corn syrup...i know that there was a big health scare on that recently about 'oh its making us fat' but i have read other articles since then which basically just say the same thing we all know, aka portion size. they were saying that eating this stuff is not going to make you fat or delay weight loss as long as you don't overconsume it. even if it were 'natural sugar' and you still ate a huge portion, you'd still gain the same amount of weight from it, corn syrup or true sugar. so bottom line is...just be active, don't overconsume and you should be fine. my fiber one bars and a few other granola bars i eat have that in them and i haven't seen any adverse affects eating them once a day. but if i consumed 3 in a day, yeah that might be bad.
3.gif

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
I just revised mine too.

Your Diet Goals
Go From 125 to 118 by 4/20/2007

Consume between 1280 and 1630 calories per day
Burn at least 2000 calories per week.

Is there anyone else in a similar boat trying hard, hard, hard to lose 5 - 10 pounds?

Meredith

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 12:47:19 PM
Author: merrijoy

Is there anyone else in a similar boat trying hard, hard, hard to lose 5 - 10 pounds?
i have posted on this in the past so i am sure you have seen it but it took me from july to october for the scale to move and me to lose 10 lbs. as i said above, just stick with it and be patient, and keep changing things up like you are doing with eating more or less or adding more or less workouts...and eventually your body WILL respond. it just might take some patience. i have read in countless articles that the last 5-10 are the hardest!

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 12:50:41 PM

i have posted on this in the past so i am sure you have seen it but it took me from july to october for the scale to move and me to lose 10 lbs. as i said above, just stick with it and be patient, and keep changing things up like you are doing with eating more or less or adding more or less workouts...and eventually your body WILL respond. it just might take some patience. i have read in countless articles that the last 5-10 are the hardest!

It is not the last 5 - 10, it is the only 5 - 10. And I have been at this (trying) for probably 3 years now! Arggg! I am a size 6 sometimes 4 and I would love to be a constant 4 sometimes 2.

Meredith

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 12:53:12 PM

Date: 2/13/2007 12:50:41 PM

It is not the last 5 - 10, it is the only 5 - 10. And I have been at this (trying) for probably 3 years now! Arggg! I am a size 6 sometimes 4 and I would love to be a constant 4 sometimes 2.

Meredith
all i wanted to lose was 10lbs and it took that long to come off. when i say ''last 5-10'' i mean in general, to reach your goal, not that you had to lose 50 before and the last 10 are hard. 5-10 are hard, period!! your body may not WANT them to come off...eating more might be an option, i read a few articles about how your body needs to be jump started, aka eating more (fruits veggies) and then working out more (you are only burning 1k cals a week?) might jump start something. try a new machine at the gym, a new class? or start adding 1m walks into your schedule every other day. just keep trying and testing things. something will eventually stick. unfortunately there''s no ''recipe'' for everyone that works. my girlfriend works out on the same schedule as me basically, and she eats mostly like i do and she can''t lose that last 5 lbs, and has been trying for months. also her body fat is like 27% and hasn''t moved hardly at all in the last 2 months, whereas mine went down quite quickly and i just kept doing the same thing i was doing before. she doesn''t know what else to do. but she is still trying different things.

i was starting to get discouraged after 2-3 months of really trying to lose the weight this last summer, but i knew at least i was doing the right things for my body. so i stayed with it. and just kept shaking things up. and something finally worked (not sure what lol).

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Merrijoy: To answer a few of your questions: I enjoy salt but I do my best not to eat a lot of it as we all know salt makes us retain water which equates to weight on the scale. I ate LCs for luncn about 5 times a week when I lost 68 lbs, but have stopped because I got burned out on them. I don''t use salt at the dinner table and I use minimal amounts in all of the foods I make.

As for those 5 lbs. our bodies are built to hold on to some fat so that when we get sick it has reserves to feed off of. Change up your exercise and eating routines a bit and see if that helps. And be patient, healthy weight loss occurs over a long period of time and there will be weeks/months when you do everything right and the scale simply doesn''t move.

For the first time in I don''t know how long I was actually sore when I started working out this morning. Perhaps because I worked out late yesterday afternoon and my body didn''t have a lot of time to rest. Anyways, I burned about 400 calories, so I''m 1250 calories away from my goal for the week of 2000 calories burned.

We''re going to a Brazilian restaurant for dinner tonight. They have lots of salad options, which is great for me!

Happy Tuesday all.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
HELP!!!!!
32.gif
Its going to snow tonight and when it does I tend to veg out and eat like a pig watching the flakes fall......tomorrow is going to be a calorie bonanza-----i need a giant lock for my fridge. I''ve been maintaining my weight and I know with the snow I''ll "fall off the wagon". Anyone else tend to pig out in this kind of weather?
emotion-33.gif
emotion-33.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2007 2:37:25 PM
Author: NYCsparkle
HELP!!!!!
32.gif
Its going to snow tonight and when it does I tend to veg out and eat like a pig watching the flakes fall......tomorrow is going to be a calorie bonanza-----i need a giant lock for my fridge. I''ve been maintaining my weight and I know with the snow I''ll ''fall off the wagon''. Anyone else tend to pig out in this kind of weather?
emotion-33.gif
emotion-33.gif

Oh yes! You should have seen me the day of the Superbowl. We didn''t even go to a party or anything; it was just that I was bored and there was food around and... well... I ate it.

Try to eat things that will fill you up but aren''t high in cals. For instance, there are a ton of Progresso soups that are 200 cals or less for the entire can. Or, my new favorite of all time, the Campbell''s Select butternut squash soup with a piece of whole wheat toast cut up as croutons -- YUM! The whole container of soup is only 180 cals (2 cups) and the toast gives it a little extra crunch.

Also, often I want hot chocolate, but what I find I REALLY want is something hot to drink and hold in my hands with a nice flavor. I have a bunch of flavored teas in the pantry that I''ll make with one Splenda and I''m happy. (Note: DO NOT have chai tea late at night or else you''ll be lying in bed staring at the ceiling for hours like I did one time, LOL.)

Give yourself a little something, but stay strong!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the well wishes guys!

On a side note, I havent eaten very much at all in the last three days. What do you do when you''re sick-do you take anything extra or do you just eat when you''re better. I think Ive only had about 400-500 calories per day since Sunday.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh random note about cravings and giving into stuff...

i read in an article written by a nutritionist in shape that ''a craving is satisfied in the first 2 bites''...

so keep that in mind when you are craving something, maybe you don''t need to eat the WHOLE candy bar. or WHOLE chocolate cake etc.

i found that pretty interesting and now i have been trying to pay attn when i really want something and when i start eating it, i HAVE noticed that after the first 1/4 of whatever i am eating, suddenly my taste buds don''t register the taste anymore. and then it''s like i am just eating it and it''s tasting good but i can''t taste the FLAVORS as much.

lilke last nite i started eating my banana cream pudding which was divine...about 1/4 way through i thought okay well the first minute was really insanely good and now suddenly it''s just okay. so i put it back in the fridge and an hour and a half later i ate some more. same thing. so it was kinda fun!! try it!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2007 3:01:07 PM
oh random note about cravings and giving into stuff...

i read in an article written by a nutritionist in shape that ''a craving is satisfied in the first 2 bites''...

so keep that in mind when you are craving something, maybe you don''t need to eat the WHOLE candy bar. or WHOLE chocolate cake etc.

i found that pretty interesting and now i have been trying to pay attn when i really want something and when i start eating it, i HAVE noticed that after the first 1/4 of whatever i am eating, suddenly my taste buds don''t register the taste anymore. and then it''s like i am just eating it and it''s tasting good but i can''t taste the FLAVORS as much.

lilke last nite i started eating my banana cream pudding which was divine...about 1/4 way through i thought okay well the first minute was really insanely good and now suddenly it''s just okay. so i put it back in the fridge and an hour and a half later i ate some more. same thing. so it was kinda fun!! try it!

I''ve read something similar written by chefs regarding tasting menus. The reason the portions are so small (aside from the fact that there are so many courses so you''d *explode* if you ate a lot of each dish) is that the intensity of a flavor doesn''t register with your tastebuds after four bites. So, something that you only have a few bites of and that you think is fabulous you might only think is so/so if you ate a whole plate of it.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome Michelle!!!
35.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Good day!

I bought the calorie king calorie book, and just wanted to ask, for those of u taking vitamins or fish oil capsules, do you account for the calories in those?

For example, I take 3 fish oil capsules a day, and that's 60cals!

Basically I have left that out in my calorie tracking spreadsheet, and I have still lost weight, so is it impt that I add that to my daily intake?

No exercise today, but I have lots of running around to do as we leave tomorrow, and I'll be running around like a mad chook trying to get everything done, so hopefully that will be my 'exercise' for the day :razz:

I am committed to putting in an hour on the cross trainer tmr morning, and that should put me within 500cals of my goal for the week which I can fix up when I get to the hotel.

Cheers!

ETA: Welcome Michelle!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2007 4:07:38 PM
Author: JadeLeaves
Good day!

I bought the calorie king calorie book, and just wanted to ask, for those of u taking vitamins or fish oil capsules, do you account for the calories in those?

For example, I take 3 fish oil capsules a day, and that''s 60cals!

OMG. There are calories in VITAMINS AND SUPPLEMENTS??? Just kill me now...

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Lol DJ - my sentiments exactly!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock

I just revised mine too.

Your Diet Goals
Go From 125 to 118 by 4/20/2007

Consume between 1280 and 1630 calories per day
Burn at least 2000 calories per week.

Meredith

Me me!! I am so glad I am not alone in this boat... this is becoming very aggravating for me. I know I am doing the right things, but I think what Mara mentioned where your body needs to be *jump started* is totally true. I feel like it needs a swift kick in the _____!!! No, but seriously....

I too have started the spreadsheet, and I love it. I actually am more aware of what I put into my body vs. debating whether or not I''ve had too much to eat for the day, when in reality, its not even close to the range I''m needing according to sparkpeople. Does anyone else think they tell you to consume too much? Just a thought...

I actually had my annual exam this morning, and I asked my Doc if there was anything more I could incorporate into my lifestyle in order to lose weight, and she did mention that I did need to increase my level of Vitamin D. I guess there was a study shown that the recommended intake used to be 400, but now has increased to 1,000 IU for women. So basically, i am doing the right things in term of exercise and trying to eat healthier and watch my calories.

I think that is fabulous JadeLeaves, that you have lost 11 lbs in 5 weeks
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
That is great inspiration!!!

We are also expecting a ton of snow (and is coming down as I type this!) so we''re taking a break from the gym tonight, and I might just lift some weights here in the house since today is only a toning day anyways.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah DJ it is pretty interesting. so when i am feeling like i NEED to eat something sweet, i am going to try to do that whole first few bites thing and see how i feel before eating the whole thing. i kind of like the idea of spacing out dessert, hahaha.

welcome SDL...wow your day is really regimented with eating!! i am a little less strict but i reached my goals so now i am just maintaining as well. i also work out a fair amount as do most the wwt'ers...we're kind of crazy sometimes about our exercise, lol! anyway hope you have fun here!

went to lunch at the bakery place and had 1/2 turkey sandwich with no mayo and no cheese and 1/2 salad with greens, cranberries, bleu cheese and walnuts. i got the dressing on the side and poured off as much of the oil as possible which was like 1/2 the container! crazy amounts of oil in those dressings. and i feel like you can taste the flavors better by using less oil and more of the balsamics etc. so it was pretty yummy. oh and i got 2 vday cookies for tomorrow hehee.
2.gif

rosebud...the sparkpeople range is supposed to apparently give you a bit of leeway so you don't feel too pidgeonholed into one number, aka 1500 and then you stress out if you eat 1600. so the range is a comfort zone where supposedly you can still reach your goals by the date you listed. now i always stayed near the bottom of my zone for the most part rather than the top of and it worked out okay. i also recently did this calorie calculator thing (i posted it last week, the link etc) where i can actually manually write out my whole day then calculate how many calories my body needs to carry out every activity. so i was able to find out what the # was and i noticed it was like 100 cals more than what my SP range started at. so i am using the low end of the SP range still to maintain.

dinner is going to be this amazingly simple looking recipe i saw in a mag at the gym...it's basically a 1/2 tbl of butter where you sautee shrimp...and then add a 1/4c white wine and this mccmormicks garlic and herb seasoning spice...and then let it simmer til everything turns pink. then serve over a bed of wild rice. i am adding broccoli to the shrimp since we have some in the fridge...and greg is getting his on wild rice but *I* am going to be crazy and experimental with the shirataki noodles and mix my shrimp and broccoli in with them instead of using rice. then we have banana cream pudding for dessert..mmm!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results