shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 10th March till 17th March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2008 4:24:26 PM
Author: Sparkalicious
Lorelei ... so naughty but so nice!
11.gif
9.gif

Glad that the cuppies turned out great! GOOD for you for putting in that hour and a half. I bet your feel fantastic! Woo hoo! The agony tomorrow will be tolerable as it will serve as a sweet reminder of all your hard work today.

Have a great weekend! ... don''t forget to save some of those cupcakes for us. Did you take pics???
31.gif
so that we can enjoy them virtually?
Thanks Spark! I would have taken pics, but I was taking pics of my bling earlier to go with some others that I was going to post, and the camera broke, so I will be going shopping for a new one this weekend ( by which time i think the cakies will be long gone...)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
No fair!
38.gif

Bling?!?
33.gif
23.gif
9.gif
Okay, okay ... you''re forgiven. Those bling pics will be enough for us to salivate over.

Good luck finding a camera!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2008 4:34:49 PM
Author: Sparkalicious
No fair!
38.gif

Bling?!?
33.gif
23.gif
9.gif
Okay, okay ... you''re forgiven. Those bling pics will be enough for us to salivate over.

Good luck finding a camera!
I hope I find a good one, our old camera was from 2001, so it was about time we had a new one!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I did a two-a-day and went for a 30 min walk when I got home (1.7 miles) and quite a few of my neighbors were outside so it was nice to chat and meet some of them.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just back from the restaurant-I was bold and shared some nachos for starters with my friend
11.gif
They were so tasty! Then I had some tacos for my main course-I didn''t eat any of the rice or refried beans though
12.gif
I''m getting up early tomorrow to do stepaerobics and aerobics.

Appletini-that''s great on the body fat! Those personal trainer sessions are definitely paying off!

Lorelei-glad the cupcakes were nice-me and Amber are still waiting
3.gif
Definitely no pain, no gain with the exercise!!

Spark-the burn definitely feels good-maybe not when you''re actually doing it but it feels great afterwards! Enjoy your weekend away!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys...just a quick check in before I head out to the gym to do the elliptical. It will be nice b/c I haven''t had a real workout this week with my sis-in-law here, but I am feeling a little yucky and I really need a workout, so I am going!
Rod, I will be over your way tomorrow. We have a family BBQ party to go to in St. Pete, so I will be thinking of you!
Hope everyone has a lovely night!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening Everyone...........

It was a rainy evening in Tampa. It''s not too common to have rain stick around for a while, so it was kind of different. Still, we enjoyed our Sushi, FroYo and Coffee night, only we had to get around with an umbrella. Coffee was definitely NOT under the oak, but was certainly in view of the oak. For whatever reason, we were still a bit hungry when we got home, so I popped some popcorn and we''re just watching dribble on TV. Not much else to report since my last checkin.

Steph, I hope it''s a nicer day for your picnic in St. Pete. You''ll drive right by us on your way. Sometime, you''ll have to come on over and have Sushi, FroYo and Coffee with us!

See you all tomorrow. Enjoy your Saturday everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I am so glad the weekend is here. I had a bad day at work spending a lot of time in HR about the employee who quit last week who is claiming "things" to get unemployment. That sent me on a stress eating spree something I never do – we played Pictionary at lunch so I had a few small pieces of pizza with coke followed up this afternoon by some oatmeal scotchies. Just this morning I finally lost a few ounces so today was not the best day for me to eat some extra calories. Oh well, I’ll just have to be better this weekend. The rich / greasy food also led me to the antacid jar a few times. I am just not used to that kind of food anymore. I did walk on the treadmill tonight. My sister is in town visiting my parents so I am taking her clothing shopping in the morning. She just had knee surgery about a month ago so I told her to take her pain meds because I’m a serious clothes shopper.
9.gif
I’m taking her to C. J. Banks as she wears plus size and they probably have the best selection in our small city.

It’s snowing here tonight, nice big pretty flakes.

Yes, it''s true I am out of room to take care of new clothes so I rolled up everything in my drawers tonight and now have a bit more room - woo hoo. My clothes are smaller yet I am running out of room . I did find a few sweaters I forgot I had.

Mara
, thanks for the suggestions on foods to eat in a Mexican restaurant – most of the ones we get here locally have the very small taco shells and they don’t fill them with much meat or cheese – I guess on calories based on what I can find online. I know WW says you can have 2 corn shell tacos or 1 soft shell taco. I love the deep fried ones but don’t get them anymore. They are having cupcakes at work on Monday for St. Patrick’s Day. Everyone is in to cupcakes these days.
Bee, that’s great your muscles know you have been working out – that has got to be showing progress. I am glad to hear you had a great time at dinner tonight. Nachos are yummy.
Appletini, I haven’t tried many of those recipes either but I use the from scratch icing recipe in there. I copied down a few recipes that looked good then passed the book on to my mother.
Ladypirate, I love 3 days weekends but I don’t get one. Rats. We try to make more healthy food at home too. When we make tacos I buy the shells that are 50 cals each, brown 96% lean hamburger and use the 2% cheese plus veggies so they aren’t too bad. I hope you had fun at the farmer’s market.
Skippy, sorry the wind kept you indoors today. I hope you had fun at happy hour tonight. I’ve been enjoying twin sets and really enjoy having on 2 sweaters for the added warmth. It’s probably a good thing the estate sale didn’t have anything I wanted.
Lorelei, glad to hear the weather has improved. Mmm for your yummy chocolate cupcakes. Pictures of bling – did you get something new? I can hardly wait to see it. My DH keeps asking me when we’ll be going back to trade in my wrings.
Linda, I’m with you Mexican food is yummy. Thank you so much for the nice compliment.
Appletini, congratulations on reduced body fat. What exciting news for you.
Rod, glad to hear you got your beautiful car fixed today. Sounds like you had a rainy day; I like rain but when it rains here the temps drop about 30 degrees even in the summer – it’s a nice way to cool off the day. Glad you still got to enjoy the view of the oak tree.
Sparkalicious, I hope you have a great weekend and get in some workouts too.
Steph, I am sure you felt better after working out. It’s hard to stick to a routine with company.

Well, take care and have a great weekend.
35.gif

Marcy

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all!!! late night check in. busy day today...go go go!! i was on the train at 8am to SF, my boss picked me up, we got coffee and then we went to our meetings. lunch at 1pm at slanted door, some popular restaurant in SF...yummy and on the water. then we walked around the ferry building which is like a little open stall market inside. can you say miette cupcakes AND ciao bella gelato side by side? i sure could!! i got some gelato to enjoy then and cupcakes to go. haven''t tried the cupcakes yet but i think mine are cuter hehee. i got a cream cheese and spice one; a buttercream chocolate and yellow cake; and a chocolate buttercream with choco cake.

then took the train back home, i was pretty tired so i dozed. when greg got home it was too late to get food for dinner before the cirque show so we just ate some brownies instead hahaha! the show was fab! we shared a pretzel w/mustard and water. then after we wanted to get some food so we tried this taqueria (lol linda i AM going to turn into a taco!!) that we had found on yelp previously that''s open til 3am...and had fab reviews. their claim to fame is their nacho cheese fries. imagine fries, nacho cheese, carne asada (chopped steak), sour cream, guacamole. yeah, a heart attack waiting to happen! and i got a steak taco but i just ate the inside...and of course ate some of the fries. too much i think and it''s midnight and we are about to go sleep ! hahaa.

lorelei i hope the cuppies were yummy!!! i actually picked up a few more cupcake goodies today from the ferry building, they had a sur la table and they had an amazing baking section, the one near us is smaller so not as fab. so i got a bunch more decoratifs for the cupcakes and sanding sugar for decor and a few more icing tips for experimentation. i have a bunch of recipes i want to try from the internet, gotta love it. umm yeah and we need pictures next time! photo shoots with cuppies are fun.

bee, sounds like you did quite well at mexican tonite, WAY better than me with my evil nacho fries. oh and yeah the margaritas can be crazy. you can not get mixed and it will be less cals (aka on the rocks) and if you get a regular vs a strawberry, also less cals. and a smaller cup, less cals. but so many places serve like 12 oz ones.

steph have a good time this wkd!! yay for a workout apple! rod, sorry to hear the job front is not being fruitful, hang in there! monnie thinking of you guys...lol re: waiting to bake til you have coworkers to fob your items off on, i hear ya!!

no workout for me today, no time. but i did a lot of walking actually. tomorrow morning i have zumba and then we''ll probably do a long walk with portia at some point in the afternoon. we have irish dinner plans with friends so the boys can have green beer and we girls can have fish and chips. then we are going to a symphony concert of someone that greg wants to see. then sunday i am going to the sf flower show with my mom. so it''s a busy wkd, but hopefully i can still get some relaxing in too.

hope everyone is having a great night, weekend...sleep well!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Saturday All,

Today I will, I must workout. Not feeling well and work and school have not been conducive to doing so.

We went out to dinner last night, a little Mexican restaurant that''s been around forever. It was really delicious and I was so hungry as I had only consumed 400 calories through the day. I ate 1.25 flautas and 1/2 my rice and beans. It was yummy.

I''ll check in later, after I get my workout done.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to check back in to say I exercised! Yay! J and I went on a nice, long, brisk walk through the neighborhood. We''re supposed to have lots of rain this afternoon and I''ve felt pent up all week so I wanted to get outside.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everyone sounds great!!! Glad everyone had a good Friday night! Happy Hour was fun and I only drank 1/2 a light beer; it was nice catching up w/my old coworkers. HH was at an Irish bar and there were bagpipers; it was bit loud and fun to hear. We were celebrating a friend leaving for a new job; he will do great!

Today I am exhausted; hubby and I ran around and went to lunch and had grilled chicken and veggies at this yummy restaurant. Then we came home and I thought I would do a bit of yard work in my flower garden. Well what I thought would be 30 mins turned into 2 hrs of yard work. I was raking leaves and had 2 large trash bags full of pruned branches, weeds, and leaves. My back is wore out and I had to take a second shower today but it feels good to have it done.
16.gif
I am not looking forward to the backyard in a couple of weeks.
20.gif

Hubby leaves tomorrow for a week in Atlanta. eta: I just read a tornado hit Altanta yesterday, yikes, I hope everyone is okay; sounds like there is some damage!!!

I am sort of excited to have alone time but I know I will miss him after a few days; too bad it isn't for 1/2 week. hehee I hope to get a mystery I am reading finished this week!

Rod, Kimi, Marcy (sorry about the hr stuff), Mara, Sparks, Lorelei, Steph and other WWT Friends have a great evening!!! Off to make chocolate banana bread for hubby to take w/him on his trip
3.gif
9.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
DH and I went for a 30 min walk in the neighborhood this afternoon...love the sunshine! Also lunch was a Pei Wei spicy chicken salad, but I left off the dressing and the chicken was on the side, so I just added the chicken pieces but not all the sauce. Although tonight will be splurge with a steak and mac & cheese! Oh well gotta reward myself for hard work this week.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey all, hope you are all having a great weekend. I went to aerobics first thing this morning, then watched the rugby on tv at my friends house, but was very good and decided to be designated driver as I want to save my WW points for food. We ordered pizza and I only had one slice with a huge salad, so I''m feeling nice and healthy
12.gif
Have to work tomorrow and then I''m going to take Amber for a nice long walk provided it''s not raining. Talk to you all tomorrow!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I had a great time taking my poor unsuspecting sister clothing shopping. She’d never been to a C.J. Banks before so asked the girl when we went in where the plus sizes were and she told her the whole store so my sis was pretty excited. She spent $399 after the $25 off coupon. She really wanted this denim top with matching Capri pants but decided she’d was buying too much already so put them back. I was going to back and buy them for her but my parents took her back and bought them for her while I was at work. My DH warned her I’d cost her money.
I made a deal with one of my SP buddies that I won’t buy clothes for 2 months. She’s struggling right now to stay on her plan so we made a deal – hopefully this will help her and I can save some money. I can only buy an eyelet blouse – nothing else.
Funny we’ve been talking about Mexican food on this thread, I met my parents and sister for lunch at a Mexican restaurant today. I have 4 baked chips and salsa and 1 soft shell taco. I am being very careful today – I think the sugar splurge yesterday made me crave more sugar.
Mara, your cupcakes sound yummy. Nacho cheese fries do sound like a heart attack on a plate, you can feel your arteries hardening with every bite. The topping they have at sur la table are awesome. I didn’t pick any up though since I rarely bake these days. Have fun at the flower show.
Kimi, sorry to hear you are still feeling poorly. I’m worried about you. Glad to hear you ate well at the restaurant. That’s wonderful you and J had a nice long walk.
Skippy, glad you had fun at the bar last night. Yay for doing some yard work; ours has many hours worth of work waiting for us. I’ve probably got another month or so before I need to start on it. That’s nice of you to make your husband some delicious chocolate banana bread to take on his trip.
Appletine, that’s great you got out and enjoyed the nice weather with a walk.
Bee, good job being the DD and only eating one piece of pizza. I hope you have nice weather to take Amber for a walk today.
Take care everyone.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all from long lost Dee!!!

There is nothing like a wedding to get you to drop a few pounds! My best friend from law school and his partner have asked me to stand up in their commitment ceremony in June. Great. Beached whale in a bue taffeta dress. (Well, OK, maybe it's not *that* bad, but it's rather bad LOL!)

The HH is gone AGAIN for a week so I'm on my own foodwise. That's usually good because I eat less with him gone, but for some reason everything I have eaten over the past few days it BAD. (McDonalds, pizza, etc.) I *tried* to go to the grocery store on my way home from my last showing tonight but I got a call that they were going to write us an offer so I bolted home as fast as I could to fax them some additional paperwork over and that was the end of that. Ug. I SWEAR though that I am going to do better starting tomorrow. (The main reason is because between 10:00 am and 7:00 pm I am BOOKED SOLID and will have no time whatsoever to eat, ha ha... ) No, seriously, I am going to make an effort to fix this. Really!
Anyway, I do read the thread almost every day, even if I don't post so keep thinking thin thoughts for me.
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, good to hear from you. I tend to eat out too much when my DH is gone so the last time he left town I didn''t tell anyone and lost a pound or two. That will be great to be in your friend''s wedding and it certainly is a great motivator too. Glad to hear you are so busy with your real estate. I hope it''s going well for you.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, I miss you tons and tons! I''m sending you thin thoughts and subliminal messages about what''s in a McDonald''s hamburger!

Marcy, I appreciate your concern. My dad had the same illness for 1.5 months, he''s just getting over it. His MD said there''s not much you can do besides wait it out and take good care of yourself. I am doing my best to take it easy whenever I have down time.

Today was filled with schoolwork and lesson planning, enough so that I think we may get to do something fun tomorrow. We''re going to figure the "what" out once we see what the weather is like and how we feel. We''re to my parent''s next weekend for Easter so I don''t think I want to stray too far from home as we both need to take it easy. Perhaps a movie and dinner, or something quiet along those lines.

Dinner was an Italian sausage, salad and a few brussel sprouts. I''m not very hungry at all. There''s an upside to being sick!
2.gif

Have a great evening/night all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimi, I know you take good care of yourself. I hate to think you''ve been sick so much lately. I hate those illnesses that linger, glad to hear your dad is getting over it though. I hope you have a nice and fun time tomorrow.

I made some low fat pizza for supper and had some slow churned ice cream. Now I''m done for the day. I need to buy groceries tomorrow so I don''t know what''s on the menu this week yet.

I just got the articles done for the astronomy newsletter now I have to start working on a program for the meeting next week on the Spitzer Space telescope. I have spring break with school this week but since my classes are online I will probably still have homework to grade.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, we are cheering for you; we know you can do it, you know you can do it!!!! You will look great come time for the wedding!!! here is the little cheerleader just for you
cleader.gif
go D, go!

Kimi, so sorry
15.gif
this bug is sticking around, good for the workout!

Marcy, your dinner sounded yummy and that was sweet of you to go shopping w/your sis and your parents buying her that outfit!!

Rod and Mara hope your day was great
1.gif

Sweet dreams all!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2008 10:25:22 PM
Author: marcyc
Kimi, I know you take good care of yourself. I hate to think you've been sick so much lately. I hate those illnesses that linger, glad to hear your dad is getting over it though. I hope you have a nice and fun time tomorrow.

I made some low fat pizza for supper and had some slow churned ice cream. Now I'm done for the day. I need to buy groceries tomorrow so I don't know what's on the menu this week yet.

I just got the articles done for the astronomy newsletter now I have to start working on a program for the meeting next week on the Spitzer Space telescope. I have spring break with school this week but since my classes are online I will probably still have homework to grade.

Have a great evening.
Marcy
It's the price I pay for working with kids, they are just germ infested little buggers (I threw that word in there for you, Lorelei!)! But man how I love them.

I thought of you the other day at school. My cooperating teacher's husband is big into astronomy and we're talking about having an astronomy night with the 5th grade kiddos. He'll bring his telescope and the kids can check out what's in the sky. She covered astronomy before I started student teaching but I think it would be really fun.

I'm working towards getting better, so is J. I know he's sick when he isn't running at 100 mph, like normal. He keeps telling me he's behind and I keep telling him to rest so that he can catch up rather than continuing on at 70% capacity. Poor guy. His cough is much worse than mine.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening Everyone,

We had a really nice day. It was warm, but windy, so we wound up having breakfast inside so we could read the paper with our coffee. While it can be breezy on the ground, sometimes it's much windier several stories higher. Then Charlie gave us both haircuts (mine he cut really short, I can't even comb my hair!) before heading out for a quick deli lunch. After that, we wound up just sitting under the oak for the longest time, because it was just so beautiful outside and we just were having a difficult time finding the motivation to hit the gym. But, we did go to the gym and did a full and complete workout, which was good. I worked my shoulders a bit too hard. They're kind of sore, but that's OK. I'll let up on them in tomorrow's workout. One of our favorite restaurants, moved across the street to a more upscale and larger location, so we decided to go there tonight. The food was the same, which is good, but the newer upscale atmosphere will take some getting used to. It was a more intimate, lower key place in the their old location. Now it's more upscale and really crowded. It's hard to explain how that made it less enjoyable. We ate healthy salads with grilled chicken and shrimp in mine and grilled salmon in Charlies. But, we did have a more fattening desert than we usually have, as there's an Abotts Frozen Custard shop next to the restaurant, and I thought it would be fun to have some frozen custard. It's been year's since I had any. It was really good, but then it just seemed so heavy and fattening, that I actually wound up not enjoying it as much as I thouhgt I would. I'm glad I tried it and now I won't need to have any for a long long time. In retrospect, I would have enjoyed FroYo more, which is much less fattening, lower in calories, has fiber, no fat or cholesterol. Oh well. It's funny how things you once enjoyed seem less appealing now..........

DeeJay, how nice to hear from you. I think it's great that your best friend from law school has asked you to stand for him and his partner at their commitment ceremony! And, unless you've put on a slew of pounds since you were with us in Tampa last fall, I'm sure there's no chance you'll look like any sea beasts in blue taffeta!! I hope Bill has a good trip but you still need to eat healthy with him gone. Hear me??

Sorry you had stress induced eating at work Marcy, but it sounds like you didn't cause much harm. I'm glad you had fun shopping with your sister.

Good for you working in the yard for two hours Skippy! I so DON'T miss having a yard to deal with. It's one nice thing about condo living. Someone else takes care of the yard! I know what you mean about enjoying some alone time when hubby is gone. Charlie's going to visit his family in Upstate NY from this coming Thursday through Monday. And I actually look forward to a few quiet days of time just for me. Shhhhh, don't tell him I said that.....

Glad you got in some exercise Kimberly. I hope you are feeling better.

Good for you being able to eat only one slice of pizza bee*. Pizza is one of my weaknesses, so I just don't allow myself to eat it very often. I certainly can't stop at just one slice, that's for sure...........

Enjoy your steak and mac and chesse Appletini!

Sorry, If I missed anyone. It's after 11 and I need to get some sleep. See you tomorrow.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, I was glad to help out my sister; it was fun to spend some time with her. I hope you had nice weather today and got a chance for a walk. We are getting cold and snow again starting tonight. Good thing we dusted off our treadmill so I can go for a walk in the house. My dad was cute today when I stopped by to pick up my sister he hit me up for a new collage picture to hang on their refrigerator. I think the last one I gave them was December’s. My folks are very tickled I am doing this.
Kimi, little kids do always seem to be sick. That is way cool you’ll be doing an astronomy night for the kids at school. Most of them will love it. If I lived closer I’d come help. I hope you and J get over your cough soon, that can really take a lot out of you and certainly makes for a rough night''s sleep.
Rod, it’s funny how a change of location is not always the best thing for a restaurant. I don’t care for frozen custard but I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy your treat that much. It is amazing how our taste for food does change. I’m sure I didn’t do much damage from my stress eating but I was paged in to work today and the girl who met me there was teasing me she was going to hide the rest of the cookies from me. I told her not to worry, I was fine today. I took this silly little noise maker I have with a smiley face in to my work station. I’ll play with it next week if I get stressed. It’s goofy but makes me laugh. This time of year is the most stressful time at work and I am down one person making it a bit of a challenge to get everything done.

Well, I think I’m off to bed. Sweet dreams one and all.
Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay Dee, we miss you!!!

Sharon are you out there? Miss you too!

Nothing much to report, except I have a fancy new digital camera, so I will be learning how to use it today. Hope to workout later!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
happy sunday all!! about to head off to the sf flower and garden show with my mom...annual thing...so that'll be fun.

yesterday was a fabulous lazy day. did 30 minutes of pilates with the trainer, then an hour of zumba. then since it was kind of a rainy day, i stayed in and ended up making 3 experimental batches of cupcakes! i am trying to perfect my chocolate batter and so i did a regular one and then 2 variations, kahlua in some and mint in the other. and made a kahlua whipping cream which was DIVINE. and regular chocolate buttercream as well. i gave some away yesterday and will give some today, and then will probably make another batch for work tomorrow for st. patty's day. greg is such a non-helpful taster, i asked him what he thought and he's like 'they are all so good!'...hehee.

went to dinner with friends, then out for drinks and gelato after. today i plan to do a long walk with portia and greg later but we'll also do a lot of walking at the garden show! and of course i have to cart home whatever i buy as well. hehee.

kimi glad to hear you guys are feeling slightly better, seriously, maybe you should see a DR to be sure there's no lingering infection that might need antibiotics?? not sure if you already did this.

rod, i hear ya on stuff changing...it's not always fun when places you love go through changes. re: frozen custard, there is a place out here but i have never tried it. i don't know it doesn't seem that appealing. tart fro yo way more yummy!

dee, hi and good for checking in!! i doubt you will be a beached whale in your gown, silly.

marcy, lol re: only being able to buy one eyelet goodie so far. i haven't done any spring shopping at all. i probably should lose the 2-3 lbs i've put on since being sick but honestly i don't really care right now, as i am back in my routine. though my friend says that once swimsuits start coming out i will be like HOLY #*!& and ready to get rid of my 2-3lb winter layer hahaa.

lorelei, have fun playing with the new cam and i want to see cupcake pictures next time missy! hehe.

i think we are finally going to book our italy trip for end of october. so exciting!! also kind of a random update on life, as many of you know we were thinking about moving out of state, which we still ARE thinking about, but greg has a potentially fabulous opportunity for a new job here locally in CA--he had his first huge round of interviews on friday and he's meeting with the top execs on monday, but basically the HR guy said that unless they somehow hate him then they will be makin him an offer. he's been doing phone interviews for about 2-3 weeks now. this would be a wonderful bump up for him with extra $$ so it would definitely be worthwhile to stick around locally for a little longer than we expected and sock away a bunch of savings so that we can be even more 'ahead' if we do leave in the future. i also am going permanent in my contract gig at work, which is exciting as well to have a bit more stability there.

anyhow, that's my update!! hope everyone is enjoying a nice sunday. the rain stopped here and it's sunny finally but a little chill in the are...not like so many other areas but it's not 75 today that's for sure. oh well at least it's sunny!! have a great day.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone, I took hubby to the airport this morning. I am laughing at myself because I already miss him
face23.gif
(I probably will get over it tomorrow); here I was super excited he was gone but now I am not. Lol!!!
26.gif
I am a little bummed thinking about St. Patty's day; I usually have my family over and make corned beef and cabbage. This year my parents are at their little ranch because one of the little calf's is sick and they want to keep an eye on him and my hubby is gone. I think I might just call up a friend and see if she wants to go get some corned beef at this Irish Pub in town because I don't need a few lbs of it in the house. hehe

Oh I also signed up for a another sewing class, it starts at the end of the month; it is a garmet making class. I am making a komono robe and PJ's; now I need to think of what material I want for these 2 projects. Maybe something red
31.gif
Well, it I am off to make myself a boca burger and salad for lunch; have a great and relaxing Sunday all!!!

Mara, yay for your trip! Sending good vibes for Greg on the job; that is wonderful news!!!!

Kimi, hope you and your hubby feel better soon.
12.gif

Rod, I keep meaning to ask you but do you watch Lipstick Jungle; I am sort of liking that new show (I hope DHW starts again soon). hehe I love having a yard Rod; we have a really big yard for living in our city; most yards are the size of a postage stamp. In fact the yard sold us on the house; it is costly to have our yard, but whenever people come over they always tell us we have one of the best yards they've seen, so it makes me so happy. I do understand not wanting to keep it up though. hehe Good for you cuties, getting an awesome workout in; you rock!

Lorelei, yay for the camera; can't wait to see your pics!!!
emphoto.gif

Marcy, I might see the VLA sooner than June; I will keep you posted. Hope it warms up where you are; we are super insanely windy here (I don't like it). Glad your sis has some wonderful new clothes; my favorite person to shop w/is my sister. I feel so zen w/her; I have fun with other people but I can feel completely relaxed w/my sis!!!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Hi WWTers--happy Sunday!

We''ve had a no-exercise weekend because I have been taking care of Kris the invalid, who is flat on his back with a bad cold. He hasn''t had a voice for the last two days.
7.gif
We were going to go to a peace march downtown yesterday, but it obviously got canceled.

On the plus side, the F1 season started this weekend, so we got to watch the Australian Grand Prix on our TiVo this morning and that was fun.

I''m off to make some chicken soup for Kris. See you all on next week''s thread!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey all-happy Sunday! I''ve been at work today so not much to report. I brought in my own lunch today instead of ordering in so I was happy that I kept with my diet! Myself and Amber are going out for a walk and then we''re getting under my duvet on the couch!! Exciting evening
3.gif

Marcyc-it sounds like your sister had a good shopping day!! You showed so much reserve in the mexican restaurant-much better than I did! Weather was actually quite nice here today so me and my pup are heading out for our walkies.

Dee-you''ll look great at the wedding! I bet you look fab in the dress now.

Rod-sounds like you had a good day! Hope that your shoulders are feeling ok! I''ve never had frozen custard-it sounds delish! Well done for getting the motivation for going to the gym-not sure if I would have gone!!

Lorelei-looking forward to seeing pics from the new camera!!

Mara-that''s great about your trip to Italy! I look forward to hearing your plans. Keeping my fingers crossed for Greg''s job offer and congrats on being made permanent!

Skippy-Sorry to hear that your parents can''t head over to yours for Paddys day. Sounds like the Irish pub will be fun!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone! Well, I actually have something on the fitness front to report...a 45 min. elliptical workout this morning, woohoo! And I have eaten pretty heathly today with oatmeal for breakfast, and yummy sushi (spicy tuna roll with miso soup) for lunch. Dinner will be a little bit of sirloin with broccoli and cheese. I did have 2 sugar cookies, though b/c I was making easter cookies with Andrew and I had to sample them! They were 100 cals each, so not too terribly bad I suppose. Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend. My sister in law is back at college now, so I can get back to my normal routine. Rod, thought about you yesterday as we were crossing the bridge over to St. Pete! Thinking you guys weren''t out on the terrace b/c it was so windy!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Quick Question-is there a recipe that anyone recommends for the cupcakes-I''ve searched through previous threads but can''t seem to find a recipe for cupcakes. Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results