shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 10th March till 17th March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
miss lorelei it's a lemon buttercream...really just confectioners sugar, butter, a touch of milk and lemon extract. i didn't have a lemon or else i would have also added real lemon juice and zest.

i love buying cupcakes elsewhere too, some places are affordable at like $2.50 a large cupcake...but some other places are like $45 for 24 minis...crazy!!!! for MINIS!! i made a pan of minis in 15 minutes the other night and with everything i already had in the pantry and fridge ! hehe.

oh and for those who are attempting minis, you only bake them just over slightly HALF the amount of time that you do large ones. so just be careful. my first batch when i started using the mini pan i didn't know that and they were hard as rocks. do the cake test of course before just assuming they are done but it's usually just slightly over 1/2 the cooking time you'd use for a large cupcake pan. aka baking large 20 minutes then bake mini pan 11-12.

another tip, TEST YOUR OVEN! i used to wonder why all our stuff was never done when it should be...well duh. i thought the oven as a little off as in 10 degrees. finally got an oven thermometer. our oven is FIFTY degrees off. yep that's 50. crazy, it took me a week of testing the oven to confirm but now if a recipe calls for 350 i put it to 400. no wonder broiling takes longer too!

anyhow, nothing new to add workout wise now that the cupcake lesson is over hehe. eating my lunch...smoked chicken breast and some of grandma's tomato rice with a mini wheat bagel and string cheese. hodgepodge for sure. greg's mom sent us a trough of brownies with nuts and choco chips so we will be eating those for the next WEEK...she sent FOUR pans of them. i have been trying to give some away and putting some in the fridge because seriously otherwise we'll consume them.

congrats to everyone who lost weight...yay!!! that's fabulous.
yay for gorgeous weather steph. we might get some rain here so it's alternating between sunny and gray.

skippy, i know we will be very excited about italy once we finally book. it would be great to not have to do first class and get an exit row or something but that seems like such a stroke of luck, better to just pay the extra miles for FC hehee. i am such a bad long-term fly-er so i need all the comfort i can get with something like this, i can barely take a 5-6 hour flight, much less anything like 2 legs to europe. and first class is SO exp, we were like who pays $7k for FC tickets? if we didn't have miles we'd probably stick with coach...i can think of better ways to spend $7k...hehe.

have a great afternoon all.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
hey all I''m going to try to jump in here for some more of these. I''m totally psyched because last night my friend pretty much GAVE me her super nice treadmill. It has inclines, alternating speeds, a timer, a heart rate monitor, a calorie counter, a FAT calorie counter, miles ,miles per minute, rate you are going, incline you are going (displays), AND a super cool little lit up track that shows how many time''s you''ve done 1/4 mile. It also has two drink holders and a spot for a magazine or book! I am sooo excited.
So last night I did 40 mins strength mixed with pilates, and 20 mins on the bike. This morning I did 30 mins of bike and 45 mins of pilates.
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mara! Wow...the price of cupcakes is incredible!
23.gif
Even more reason to make '' em yourself!
30.gif

DragonFly, how wonderful to get your own treadmill, I wouldn''t be without mine!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just got back in from my second session of bootcamp-it went a lot better than Tuesdays session even though it was probably worse exercise wise-they had us running for so long and then we did pilates. The guy was mean though! I know that''s what he''s meant to be like seeing as it''s bootcamp but he took extra mean pills today! I could feel my fitness improve though after the first session so that''s a bit of a boost!

Skippy Woohoo on the weight loss!!! That''s amazing news!!! That walk sounds like it will be great also and it''s for such a good cause. If you ever come over here, you''ll have to meet Amber!! Thanks for the tip about the mexican restaurant-I''m thinking I''ll go with prawns, maybe in a taco or fajita. A lot of our beans in mexican are just kidney beans so hopefully this place will be the same-the Americans in my class hate that-they always say that are mexican restaurants aren''t proper mexican restaurants!

Lorelei I even told D today that I was going to bake them next week so I have to now as he''s waiting on them. Although after my previous attempts at cooking, he''s waiting dubiously! I''m going to buy a mini-muffin tray on Saturday along with my ingredients! One of the problems is we have an AGA at home, so all the timings are off when you''re cooking or baking anything (that''s my excuse and I''m sticking with it
3.gif
)

appletini Thanks for those tips-I''ll definitely have a look for that book when I''m in town tomorrow. Glad your PT session went well today!! Hopefully the weather keeps up!

ladypirate Thank you!!WW is going well and the cows were great fun last night. I had to do most of the milking and I got to meet their prize winning cow-the farmer was so proud of her!! Everything is expensive over here, that''s not even that pricey a restaurant!I''m thinking maybe prawn fajitas-I''d love some now after thinking of them!! Hope you got all your errands done!

Mara Thanks for the cupcake tips! I''ll let you know how they go!

dragonfly that''s great news about the threadmill-place it in front of the tv and you won''t even notice the exercise!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! Well, the nutrisystem thing is going pretty well. The food is MUCH better than I was led to expect based on the reviews I''d seen various places. I don''t always stick to the exact plan (I''ve gone out to dinner a couple times this week, but have been careful what I order), but for the most part am within the calorie range they recommend. I''m still faithfully tracking everything on Spark. I used to HATE the thought of counting calories, but then I started thinking of it the same way I think about tracking my banking and credit cards using Quicken: the five minutes I spend entering the information saves me a lot of head-scratching later on about how much is left in checking/how many more calories I can eat for the day!

I met a friend who was in town from Boston for a meeting on Tuesday, and had yummy Mexican food (yeah, that Margarita doesn''t EXACTLY count as a fruit serving, but oh well!) The most hilarious thing happened in the restaurant. Keep in mind, it''s still bitter cold winter in Boston and it was 75 degrees in LA on Monday. So we''re sitting inside, and the hostess goes to seat two guys in shorts, asking "Inside or outside [patio]?" They said "Will it be too cold out there? Are there heat lamps?" My friend and I just about died laughing at them. Then we went for a walk on Venice Beach at sunset.

We have weekly yoga class going in my office, and today was our session. It was great, I like our instructor a lot. She had us doing partial handstands (or TRYING-I haven''t done one of those since I was 10, probably) with our knees propped on our elbows, if you can picture that. I was scared of face-planting, so didn''t (couldn''t, actually) get my feet off the ground. I''m going to start going to the studio where she teaches so I can get in 2-3 sessions per week.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cupcakes and mac n'' cheese...WTH is going on here, people?!
9.gif
LMAO that I read through this thread and was thinking I opened the recipes thread or something, sheesh! I do have mini muffin pans, but I don''t really have anyone to share them with besides DH, so I''ll have to hold off on the urge to bake some until one of us gets a job and we can pawn off the extras on unsuspecting co-workers!

DH and I took the dogs for a nice walk a little while ago. It is almost 60 degrees here today and really nice out, so it was a good walk. Until the home stretch...I''m starting another thread in hangout about it.

Aside from that just another day...job hunting in the a.m., orthodontist appointment this afternoon, Subway veggie on whole wheat for lunch...and starting to think about dinner.

35.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Well, Nutrisystem Mac ''n'' cheese...not exactly the good stuff!
14.gif

Mara''s cupcake, though, is mocking me over on that other page...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

I am feeling better, the Sudafed is working!!! Hooray. My kids even said "You sound much better today!" I still haven't managed to exercise this week, but I have a valid excuse!

We had Irish stew for dinner, it was yummy, but I doubt it was low-cal.

I know, Mara, I know "slow down" but I don't think that's going to be an option for me until June 16. I did go to bed at 8pm last night, no joke. I haven't seen the AI results show yet. Your trip to Europe sounds wonderful. I would love to go but whenever we plan trips we get caught up in all of the wonderful places we want to see in the US.

Skip, congrats on weight loss! Perhaps the break while in Europe changed your metabolism up enough to kick start ya.

Lady Pirate, date night sounds fun. We usually do so twice a week but with both of us being sick we've been lagging this week. Perhaps on Saturday night.

Selkie, I'm glad the food is decent.

Bee, I want to go to your boot camp! That sounds so fun.

Alright, I need to get back to school.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening Everyone..........

I had a more up day today. Funny how the mood swings when things are difficult. One day I'm like it's going to be OK and I know I'll find a job at some point and the next day I'm just totally panicked about what the future holds for us. I wish I wasn't a worrier, but I'm afraid it's ingrained in my genes. Anyway, the weather is just beautiful this time of year, so that helps a lot. We had coffee and our bowl of fresh fruit on the terrace, then I did some job hunting (nothing), then we had a nice healthy lunch at home before heading out to meet our financial advisor. Our investment account, like the rest of the economy has been hit hard lately. So, we needed to make sure our advisor made some changes to ensure we don't continue losing money. It's money we try to forget we have and it's supposed to help us in our golden years, but it won't be very much help if it keeps shrinking. After our meeting we sat under the oak and enjoyed our afternoon coffee, followed by the gym. Our financial advisor (who is also very fit and into fitness big time) gave us an energy drink that is low in calories (only 72), has a softdrink kind of fiz but was a bit too sweet IMHO. I've never actually had an energy drink before. I definitely did not like the taste at all, but I must admit that it did give me a boost in energy for my workout. I guess that's the point of energy drinks? Anyway, I worked out nearly 3 hours and was able to do a lot more than I did yesterday. But I wouldn't have this drink again. For dinner I had a nice salad, then Charlie decided he wanted another cup of coffee (only decaf this time), so he twisted my arm to go sit under the oak tonight, which was just a really nice way to end the day. All in all, it was a nice day.

Tomorrow's not a gym day. I actually have an appointment to take my car to the BMW dealer in the morning. I'm totally anal about my car, and last week, someone put a ding in my door and the dealer has a ding guy who removes any ding for just $100. It's one of those devices that just sucks out the ding and it will be done while I wait. So, even though I shouldn't spend money on a little ding, it will bother me everytime I open my door, so I'm having it fixed. Tomorrow night's Sushi and FroYo night.

I'm glad you're feeling better Kimberly!

Mara, You know I'm one who understands the importance of ensuring one has eaten enough, so I won't cut back too much. I just have a few stubborn pounds to lose, but I know it will take a long time as I'm not going to let my body believe it's being starved. I did under eat yesterday and paid the price for it. I won't do that again, I promise! BTW, Italy has been a dream destination for us. Once we get jobs again, it's something we definitely plan to pursue. We'd like to spend one week visiting the major cities, then a second week in a villa in the wine country!

SB, how terrific that your paper you've worked so hard on is being published!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

YAYAYAYAYAY Dear Skippy for losing 2.7 pounds!! I'm very proud of you for signing up for the Cancer walk too!

I'm glad the winds are finally calming Lorelei!

Good for you having a good PT session today Appletini!

Sounds like date night was fun ladypirate! I hope the book is helpful to you both.

I'm glad you got be out in this glorious weather too Steph!

Wow, some terrific gift from your friend dragonfly!! I hope you and the treaddie (as our dear Lorelei calls it) become excellent friends!

Hey bee* I'm glad you made it through bootcamp part 2!

I'm glad Nutrisystem is working well for you Selkie!

Hey Monnie. I'm glad it's warmed up a bit and you could be outside too! You and Mr. Monnie are always in my thoughts as we all try to find gainful employment in these tough times.

Till tomorrow, sleep well everyone!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Evening, everyone!
35.gif

Made it to the gym again today and did some time on the treadmill and with weights and then did the 20 min Winsor Pilates basic workout. Felt good. I can''t believe how quickly you can lose flexibility. I used to do these same Pilates sessions a couple of years ago everyday and today I realized how much easier it used to be. Then again, I also used to run about 16 laps or so at the track several times a week ... wouldn''t want to attempt that right now if not under the watchful eye of a paramedic or someone else with access to resuscitation equipment.
20.gif

I am, however, going to keep trucking along and celebrating my successes on my road towards fitness and better overall health. Crisis averted today, by the way. I had a serious craving from some pistachio almond ice cream from Baskin Robbins ... drove straight home after the gym and did not make that deadly stop ... thank you very much!
16.gif

Rod - Nice job with your workout and calories burned. Good for you ... you are not joking around when you go to the gym at all. 3 hours! Wow!
23.gif

Skippy congrats on the weightloss and Bee nicely done making it through another boot camp class ... You''re welcome for the recipe. I hope that you make good use of it and enjoy it in all its deliciousness b/c its not really bad for you in the correct portions ... no hiding in the corner eating the entire dish now ladies, right?
25.gif

Marcy, I''m certain that that Paula Dean recipe is delicious! I''m glad I don''t have it ... b/c I would be a naughty, naughty girl! I''m SO happy for you that you are enjoying clothes shopping as that is such a clear indicator of how far you have come and how much you have achieved and what a positive self image you have managed to earn for yourself. Good for you!

Dragonfly - How exciting! Your own fancy new treadmill. Enjoy it and I hope that it makes working out more enjoyable for you ... doesn''t seem like you need the encouragement though. Way to go wit hthe evening and morning work outs!

Selkie - Nutrisystem and Handstands! Nice! What a great idea to have yoga at work. When you do achieve a handstand ... will you show off by showing us pictures? I love pilates but am dying to try yoga again ... If I do, and don''t injure myself too badly, I too will take a pic showing off my fancy new skills ... deal?

Monarch -- I know, I know! I''ve corrupted this thread already. I''m sorry. Does it help that it''s a Weight Watcher''s recipe?
Sorry about the walk ... glad it was enjoyable for the first little bit.

Wishing everyone another good day tomorrow and good weather too ...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I went to the mall tonight since I had a $20 off coupon at Christopher and Banks. I got some spring tops and a winter twin set with stars on it. I love discount prices. They also were having an estate sale at a jewelry store – let’s just say I didn’t see a thing I wanted. I can see why people sold or traded those pieces.
Lorelei, thanks for the tip on the paper cups – your colors do sound terrific for spring. Glad to hear the wind has gone down.
Kimi, glad to hear you slept a little bit extra last night and that''s great the decongestant is helping.
Mara, I bet a lot of us bake cupcakes this weekend. Mint ones sound great for St. Patrick’s day. Have a great trip tomorrow and enjoy the show. Thanks for the cupcake tips.
Bee, I always get 2 corn shell beef tacos at Mexican restaurants – worst case scenario they are 250 calories each.
Shortblonde, congratulations on having a paper accepted for publication. That is awesome.
Skippy, congratulations on loosing 2.7 pounds.
36.gif
That is awesome. That’s wonderful to sign up for the breast cancer walk. I guess I am still going through sizes but it seems to be in slow motion to me now. I got out some of the twin sets I had last fall and the under shirts are all too big and look messy under the top sweaters.
Appletini, the cake doctor is a great book. Have you tried the snicker doodle cake out of there? It’s great.
Ladypirate, your dinner sounds fun and how nice to get an extra drink. I am a very cheap drunk these days. I think I will enjoy having a skirt once it gets warm enough to wear it.
Steph, your weather sounds wonderful. Andrew will enjoy getting to go to preschool and play with other kids. I am sure you’ll enjoy some time to yourself too.
Dragonfly, what a treat to get a treadmill and that ‘s great you are using it so much already.
Selkie, glad to hear you are doing well with the NS food. I think you can count margaritas as a fruit – it’s got something citrus in it, right?
Monnie, glad you had a nice walk today – I’ll go check out your other thread though.
Rod, glad to hear you had a better day. I know the weather there must be terrific. I can’t wait till we get nice weather here. Glad to hear you are getting the ding fixed, your pretty car deserves it.

Have a great evening. Tomorrow is finally Friday. Woo hoo!
36.gif

Marcy

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
bee on your mexican food tips...i eat a lot of mexican, it''s not really a health food unfortunately cuz we love it. not sure about marcy''s beef corn shell taco recommendations ... corn tortillas, well almost any tortilla is typically at least 100 cals, though the tiny corn ones are less. and then depends on how they cook the beef, do they use old fashioned LARD or evoo...many places don''t grill the meat but they fry it (ask). also do they fry the shell or is it a steamed or griddle warmed shell/tortilla. fried obviously is way more cals. what i typically get at mexi places are chicken tacos with one corn soft tortilla each (sometimes they double up the tortillas on each and so i just ask for one), with pinto beans or black beans, and lots of salsa and fresh shredded lettuce. if you want to be a little naughty, get guac, at least it''s the good fat. hehee. and stay away from the margaritas, the fruit ones can pack up to 800 cals per punch if it''s a big glass. yep that''s 800!! i used to have 2 whenever we went to our fave place but when i read that i was like no way. then i didn''t have one for a year. but if you get a small glass like a 4oz it would not be too bad, maybe 300 cals. oh and don''t eat too much rice, it''ll just fill you up with carbs and the mexi rice is not necessarily healthy. whatever you do stay away from enchiladas which are corn tortillas fried in a pan with oil THEN rolled with meat and baked with cheese. and chimichanga is a bad option too, deep fried hehe. burrito could be a good option with a lean meat and not a lot of cheese and sour cream, and eat only 1/2 tortilla.

anyway, just a quick check in...!! about to head off to bed since i have a long day tomorrow...but i had a fab Zumba work out tonite with the crazy dancer chick who really makes you work...i am getting better which is so awesome, slightly less impaired re the ryhthym at least. then we had tacos for dinner from this yummy local seafood taco truck we love (sounds funny but it''s amazing food actually and quite popular!) and then went over to watch lost with the neighbors and i took the rest of my cupcakes and some of greg''s mom''s brownies. those things are evil! they are taunting me right now haha.

lol re: i bet a lot of cupcakes will be made this weekend, yay for inspiration. there are so many fab recipes online, i have found some amazing cupcake blogs, who knew people were so into cupcakes. and the decor..wow! i printed some recipes out today. and i will probably be making some this wkd for st pattys but also we have a bday on monday as well. so i might make 2 types. we''ll see. maybe i''ll do cookies for the bday and the st pattys cupcakes for the rest.

anyhow, hope everyone had a great day...sounds like everyone is being pretty active...kimi hope you keep getting better!! nite all.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
ugh I''m feeling the pilates today-I can barely walk! At least that means my muscles are working!!

Kimberley, the boot camp was more fun last night. I think it was a combination of being a bit more fit and also I got to know a couple more people from the first session, so it''s always better when you have someone to talk to. Glad you''re feeling better. You''ll have to take that trip to Europe!!

Rod-thank you! Glad that you had a better day yesterday-I''ve never tried an energy drink either-not sure if I''d like them. They give them to us at bootcamp but I''ve just stuck with my water-I might try one next week.

Spark-thanks again for that recipe-D was like why do you want to make that! He wouldn''t believe that it''s a WW recipe-I''ll have to make it just to prove to him!! Congrats on getting to the gym again! And for avoiding ice-cream!

Marcy-thanks for that tip-I''ll definitely have to look out for Tacos tonight. I''m going to have a salad for lunch so that will free up some points for tonight.

Mara-800 calories!!!!!!!
6.gif
6.gif
I hardly ever drink these but that has turned me right off them! Oh wow-that''s a huge amount! I''m thinking either burrito or taco at the moment. What do you have for starters when you go? I know everyone will want to get them and my willpower will not keep up! Are veg nachos awful?

Have a good friday everyone! Then it''s paddy''s weekend! Woohoo-three day weekend over here
36.gif
36.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, I''ll have to try the snickerdoodle cake--I love cinnamon. I have to admit that I haven''t made many of the recipes in the book because I prefer to cook from scratch, but every once in awhile I will use a boxed mix.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Gah! Half my post got eaten, so I redid it down below.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2008 5:46:21 AM
Author: bee*
Have a good friday everyone! Then it''s paddy''s weekend! Woohoo-three day weekend over here
36.gif
36.gif

I''m so jealous you all get a 3 day weekend! Guinness is running an ad campaign over here to try to make St. Paddy''s a national holiday in the States--wouldn''t that be awesome!

Mara''s right that Mexican food really isn''t too healthy--we usually make our own, so we can control the portions. Homemade corn tortillas are not too bad for you--each tortilla is about 50 calories, .5 g of fat, 1.3 g of protein, and 10.9 g carbs. We do our own enchiladas as well and using fresh tortillas means we can leave out the oil, which cuts down A LOT on the fat in those. We also make our own mexican rice with just a little bit of oil and homemade chicken broth, which is super tasty.

I still say you''re probably best off with the fajitas, as long as the veggies are grilled and not fried. You have to come over here and visit Southern California--Kris and I will take you out for some REAL mexican food (and a lot cheaper, too!) Also, re: the margaritas, it really depends on how they''re made. If you get one made with mix (especially fruit), it''ll be super high calorie, but if you get one made with fresh lime juice, tequila, and a dash of triple sec, it''s not too bad (granted, we don''t like sweet drinks, so we tend to avoid them).

For starters, nachos are going to be really high calorie. I''d stick with plain chips and salsa. Usually for a real starter, I''ll go with ceviche, but I doubt they''ll have it (at least not proper ceviche).

Wow, that really turned into a dissertation on Mexican food--have a great time in any case!

Steph, I know what you mean about the fair skin--I either freckle or turn red and then go straight back to white. Congrats on Andrew starting preschool!

Mara, I''m so jealous about Italy! That will be so much fun.

Dragonfly, how nice to have your own treadmill--what a nice gift from your friend.

Selkie, good for you for sticking with the nutrisystem. We like to cook too much for that to work for us. Southern Californians are too funny--I think the nice weather thins our blood.

Monarch, lol! The thread looks more like the "Fatty Foods Recipe Thread" than WWT. Still keeping my fingers crossed that you and DH find jobs soon.

Kimberly, glad you''re feeling better. How are you liking the student teaching?

Rod, I think since the weather has been so nice, Kris and I will have to copy you and Charlie and have coffee (or tea in our case--we have a bright and shiny new teapot that we''ve been really enjoying) out on the patio. We have a deck in our backyard that looks over the city and it would be a nice way to start the morning. Now we just have to get stupid DST to start complying with our need for it to be light out when we get up. I miss the sun in the mornings.
7.gif

Sparkalicious, I know what you mean on the flexibility--I have to keep working at it every day or I lose it really fast. Good for you for avoiding the ice cream! Next time you''re having that craving, maybe see if there''s a gelato place in town. It''s not as bad for you as ice cream and it''s so tasty. Or try Mara and Rod''s FroYo. Yum!

Marcy, yay for new clothes! Too bad the estate sale didn''t have anything good (or maybe not too bad for your wallet!). I was actually surprised I got tipsy--I guess we just drink hard alcohol so rarely that a couple of drinks is all it takes.

OK, I need to run to the farmer''s market and then get ready for a conference I''m going to for work this afternoon. Have a great Friday, all!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGIF everyone!!!! Yesterday I went out to get the mail around 2 and the weather was great but it is warmest at 4pm so that was the plan to go walking at that time. I looked outside and I think we got a bit of Lorelei's wind and stuff was flying in the air and crazy out!!! It is suppose to stay windy today too; I am going to morning muscle hour tomorrow. Hubby has the day off so we will probably do some errands.

This evening I will be going to a happy hour for a friend who got a new job in the accounting field (former coworker) so it will be a good time! Hopefully, this brewery has a light beer!!! hehee
embeer.gif

Thank you all for the kudos on my weight loss!!!
35.gif

Dragonfly, good for you w/your workouts!!!

Lorelei, is your weather still pants? We are suppose to have wind the next few days booo.

Bee, are you doing flex or core? I forgot to ask that question. Glad your bootcamp was tough, whoo hooo woman! Thanks for the kudos fellow WW friend!!!

Selkie, good job doing yoga and eating healthy.

Hey Miss Monnie, I know what has happened to the WWT since you have been gone?
2.gif
9.gif
hehe Yay for great weather and a walk (except that one part, oh!) Keep us posted on your othodontist appt!!!!

Kimi, yay to the sudafed; it really helps me too w/allergies and/or sinus. Glad you are getting better; what cute kids!!! Your dinner sounds yummy and thanks for the congrats!

Rod, glad you had a gorgeous day yesterday!! Good for your kicken workout; you are Superman!!! Only one time I felt like you w/the super long workout. heeheee Enjoy your day off tomorrow. Hang out under the oak tree a tiny bit long for me and yum to sushi!!! Thank you for being proud of me!

Sparks!! Good for the gym and weights, keep up the good work! Yes, it is super important to reward yourself; I am going to put $10 aside each week for a little something for myself at the end. hehee

Marcy, I love twin sets; good for you getting some new clothes. Oh no, to the jewelry sale and nothing good. Thanks for your kudos, I appreciate it!

Mara, I love Mexican and don't remember the last time I had it; you guys are making me hungry. I am suprised Linda hasn't popped in here w/all the Mexican food talk. hehe Glad your workout was fab!!! Enjoy your adventure today!!!

Hey apple!

eta: LadyPirate, I ate at your Mexican Restaurant where Julia Child's use to love. I can't remember the name but they are little tacos; they were taste but the seafood down by the warf was my favorite w/the sourdough bread and clams, yum!!! Thank you for the kudos!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladypirate! I had a feeling that the nachos would be bad-damn I adore nachos
15.gif
Next time we go to California, I will definitely give you a shout! It has got to be better than our mexican restaurants over here! That would be cool if you got the three days holidays also-Go Guinness!!! I think I''ll just get a bottle of corona to drink! I drink cocktails way too fast and it''s only the beginning of Paddy''s weekend-have to pace myself
3.gif

Skippy-I count points so is that flex? I''d be no good at the core plan as I like to snack when I''m in college. Which one are you on?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skip, weather is much improved, thanks!
35.gif

Well back to the cupcake topic
emsmilep.gif
, I have some in the oven at this moment, chocolate with choc chips in!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
mmm they sound delicious Lorelei! Send one over to me please!! (plus one for amber!)
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bee, I am on points but try to do core type foods. Flex is points, you are right; I guess because it is more flexible in the types of food, who knows. hehe
2.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, so I am reading the threads this morning and I see MEXICAN FOOD yummmmmmmy!!!!!Now my mouth is watering. You know how much I LOVE Mexican food Skippy!!!
30.gif

Good Morning Everyone!!!

It is supposed to rain today, so they say. It is a little cloudy here, so Mazie and I are going to get our walk in.

Rod: I know a job will come up for you and Charlie soon. We saw our financial planner too. With the way the DOW is going, our retirement fund is slowly going south too. I don''t know how they expect anyone to retire anyway the way things are going. Everything is going UP, gas, food. Here, gas finally reached 4.00 a gallon. YIKES!!!

Marcy: I bet you look adorable in your twin sets. You know what? Even though you were heavier in your previous pictures, you were still adorable. Love your red hair. I know your husband and family and so proud of you!!!

Mara: Rick and I are going to have to take a trip to San Jose some weekend. It seems that is where all the good Mexican Restaurants are. Not too many up here!!! You are going to turn into a taco, tee hee.

Kimberly: So glad you are finally feeling better.

HI to everyone else.

Linda

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2008 12:55:49 PM
mmm they sound delicious Lorelei! Send one over to me please!! (plus one for amber!)
9.gif
Will do!
hehe23.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2008 1:20:33 PM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 3/14/2008 12:55:49 PM

9.gif

Will do!
hehe23.gif

We''ll be waiting
9.gif

Skippy-yeah that makes sense about the points flex thing! My brains frazzled after studying all day.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Well today is my Friday to work, so I did 30 min on the ellipitcal during lunch. Also before I working out I got on the body fat scale and since 1/22 my bodyfat has gone from 21% to 18.5%! Yea! I''ve had 5 personal training session so I''m glad those are paying off.

Its supposed to be a great afternoon so if I have time this evening I might even go for a walk.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick checkin............Had my ding fixed this morning and they did a nice job. I wish I wasn''t so anal about cars, but I am, so there''s no fixing me now. It''s overcast and spitting rain drops this afternoon. Still, we were able to sit out under the oak and enjoy our coffee. Absolutely nothing happening on the job front. It''s a bit frightening that there''s so little to even send my resume to. Oh well, what will be, will be. How prophetic, huh??!! LOL

Linda, I know what you mean about retiring. Our motto has been "Buy high - Sell Low" LOL. I''m afraid oneday I''ll be in my 90''s and asking people if they''ll want me to "Supersize Their Order" at whatever fast food place will have a 90 year geezer someday.........

Yummm on chocolate chocolate chip cupcakes Lorelei. I would be scared to bake some myself as my restraint wouldn''t be too good and I''d have to eat more than one for sure. Enjoy them for me, would you??

Glad you enjoyed your shopping Marcy and got some new things you liked. I don''t often like most estate jewelry things. I''m just not a fan of the older more ornate things anyway.

LP, I hope you get to sit on the terrace and enjoy your tea! The view sounds lovely.

Enjoy happy hour Skippy, but not TOO much!!

I''ll check back in later after Sushi, FroYo and coffee tonight. Hope you''re having a good Friday everyone!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehehe! Rod and Bee, the cuppies were very nice!
11.gif

But then I was good and did a hour and a half workout, did lots of weights then 50 mins cardio, so rather pleased with myself right now! I think I will be in agony tomorrow, but no pain no gain!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! Wishing you all a FANTASTIC relaxing weekend!
35.gif

Lorelei - Glad that your weather is getting better and that you are baking US cupcakes.
31.gif
How did they turn out? I''ve been thinking about them this morning.

Skippy - Thanks for the tip about the $10 bucks. This would work wonderfully for me. As I get smaller, my bling budget gets bigger!! It''s a win-win, isn''t it?

Bee - D will definitely not believe it when you actually make it for him and he tries it! Doesn''t the "burn" feel good? Glad your pilates went well!

Appletini - Way to Go! What a great job you are doing. Enjoy your walk this evening if you do get to venture out.

Linda - Enjoy your Mexican food. I bet it will be delicious!
18.gif

I will try to get in some exercise this weekend and will be very proud of myself if I actually do. I''m going away for the weekend and will be going to some restaurants, I''m sure so ... no time like the present to work on my willpower and portion control.
36.gif

Again ... have a wonderful weekend and I will catch up with how you are all doing on Monday. Thanks for your support this week!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Rod - glad you got the ding fixed. I hope that has made you feel better! Something as small as a ding can have such a big impact on morale. I''m happy for you that you were able to do it!

Have a great weekend!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei ... so naughty but so nice!
11.gif
9.gif

Glad that the cuppies turned out great! GOOD for you for putting in that hour and a half. I bet your feel fantastic! Woo hoo! The agony tomorrow will be tolerable as it will serve as a sweet reminder of all your hard work today.

Have a great weekend! ... don''t forget to save some of those cupcakes for us. Did you take pics???
31.gif
so that we can enjoy them virtually?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results